Sports Interactive Community
cezar.sl

FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

Can you sign free agents if you disabled transfer in the beginning?

I believe you can? Though I'm not entirely sure, sorry.

Season 1, May Update

Matches

Two easy wins.

i1Dl8cM.png

League Table

Got CL qualification and 80 points. Played consistently well and got rewarded for that.

U2k5FiF.png

dsDMEJ0.png

League Records

Three players made the top 5s. Mignolet had enough clean sheets, but also conceded a lot.

AUfPlqd.png

Players Stats

8rosVYg.png

Awards

QDPQBPF.png

4gK8eHB.png

qxPIYE3.png

IWXdlRw.png

Thanks for the replies but I cant seem to negotiate them to 0. :rolleyes:

You have to give them something in return.

I use goal bonuses and team of the year bonuses.

Heads up don't buy bertrand from chelsea! I sold enrique and saw betrand going for £3.2mill and thought make a good profit there plus he's a decent left back, oh how wrong I was, clearly chelsea was selling him as a trick (some sort of double agent)

Season 1, May Update

Matches

Two easy wins.

i1Dl8cM.png

League Table

Got CL qualification and 80 points. Played consistently well and got rewarded for that.

U2k5FiF.png

dsDMEJ0.png

League Records

Three players made the top 5s. Mignolet had enough clean sheets, but also conceded a lot.

AUfPlqd.png

Players Stats

8rosVYg.png

Awards

QDPQBPF.png

4gK8eHB.png

qxPIYE3.png

IWXdlRw.png

Looks like you're doing well.

A couple of questions, firstly you play Cou and Sturridge wide, i'm guessing as inside forwards? Do you not find that whatever one is playing on the side of Honda (I guess who is the one who gets forward) do they not crowd the space you'd want him to have? I have been trying to implement a winger on one side tp try and stretch the play and leave more space for him.

Also you have got Luis scoring considerably, he only has 5 goals in 20 odd games for me (although I have only just started playing him through the middle). How do you set him up? I have been playing him CF (s) and with roam from position and move into channels on

I would if his stupid agent has reasonable demands!!!!

Part of the game I really hate, only way to get the agent to lower his demands is to increase the players weekly wage

There is no way of selling players you don't want even at low prices

Virtually impossible to sell skrtel!

Season 1, May Update

Matches

Two easy wins.

i1Dl8cM.png

League Table

U2k5FiF.png

dsDMEJ0.png

League Records

AUfPlqd.png

Players Stats

8rosVYg.png

Awards

QDPQBPF.png

4gK8eHB.png

qxPIYE3.png

IWXdlRw.png

Quite impressive compared to my game :(. Just wondering is their a chance you could post a screen shot of your tactics you finished the season with, team and any important player instructions too if you can. At the start of this thread you posted a few tactical shapes you intended to play with, now that the season is over have you found your self just using the one main one and simply changing roles and some team instructions on a game to game basis or have you completely rotated your tactics so suit the team/pitch/weather your up against?

I just cant get it right at all this year, as soon as I think I got my main tactics sorted a sobering home defeat to Everton of all teams followed by a hammering at Spurs puts me back down. I have tried tactics from the simple to the flamboyant from 5 at the back and defensive to a so called 4-2-4. My current tactic I like to think of as an attacking 4-6-0 started off with 2 wins on the bounce and produced match stats that didn't need a mathematician to add up the shots against me but then turned sour with the aforementioned home loss to Everton. To make maters worse it is a network game with a friend and while I meticulously planned, strategised and worked on my tactics, my friend just plugged in a default 4-5-1 on Arsenal and went on a 8 game winning steak. Its now December, he is 1 point off an undefeated Man U and I'm on my second manager as Liverpool sitting 12th.

Someone on here (think it may have even been in the Everton thread!) mentioned offering players out at £0 but putting the value you want over 48 months, not tried it myself but the guy who recommended it had some good results.

JUST WON THE LEAGUE!!! albeit, i stole it with crappy 1-0, 2-1 wins, and the fact that Chelsea and United threw it away. 7 games left, United 5 points clear of both me and chelsea, they only won 2 games out the their 8 league games (5 draws, 2 wins, 1 loss), and chelsea only won half of theirs too, which allowed me to steal the title.

Played a 5-2-3 as i was getting hardly any joy with other formations, but now with the summer investments I want to aim to do a 4-1-2-1-2.

Just hit July now;

Sold Milgnolet to Monaco for £13m...his replacement....Ter-Stegen - £12.5m!! :)

Got an offer for Kelly from Spurs for £12m accept/Reject? He played a blinder for me last season

Henderson may get sold to Newcastle for £10m as they are bidding that much.

Signed Mitrovic as Striker, Quintero as attacking midfielder. Selling Sturridge.

I am beginning to build a solid if unspectacular team....I want a proper finisher in my team, Suarez misses too many chances from my liking. Also need a very Strong DM, any suggestions?

Part of the game I really hate, only way to get the agent to lower his demands is to increase the players weekly wage

Yeah, managed to negotiate but had to resort to putting in other clauses such as team division bonus, international cap bonus etc. Not seen a player sack his agent as of yet! But the deal hinges on Allen agreeing terms with them! He didn't last time :(

I've found that the earlier you put them up for sale when you take over, the better offers you see. I offered him out for £10m and Sevilla bit. Think this is because its when teams actually have the money to buy players and so will offer. Whereas, on a previous save, I transfer listed him after a week or something and only got a £3m offer at the end of the day.

On another note, I need some good wingers, any ideas? Looking at Ayew and Insigne but Insigne didn't play as well in the last save that I had...

There is an argentinien called Romero who is a good young dm try him out

Ideally I would want someone who can slot straight into the team as I have a very young team all over the pitch. Any one had good luck with Witsel? been offered to me for £20m. I have had Yann M'Vila in previous games but too many red cards for my liking.

Ideally I would want someone who can slot straight into the team as I have a very young team all over the pitch. Any one had good luck with Witsel? been offered to me for £20m. I have had Yann M'Vila in previous games but too many red cards for my liking.

Think Witsel is more a CM playmaker than a DM mate, Jorge Enriquez is quality, starts at Chivas with Fierro have a look at him, 22-3 at the start of the game

Settled for buying Herrara for £13.5m instead of Ward-Prowse and I'll probably look to buy him next year or something. Thought I actually had enough money to buy both but I was wrong. Gonna sell Allen and Hendo now.

Right guys, im finally going to start a Liverpool game now the full game is out

Can anyone recommend any good cheap buys for me, considering you dont get an excessive amount too spend

ill be using a 4-2-3-1 formation with an amc

Yeah, managed to negotiate but had to resort to putting in other clauses such as team division bonus, international cap bonus etc. Not seen a player sack his agent as of yet! But the deal hinges on Allen agreeing terms with them! He didn't last time :(

I've found that the earlier you put them up for sale when you take over, the better offers you see. I offered him out for £10m and Sevilla bit. Think this is because its when teams actually have the money to buy players and so will offer. Whereas, on a previous save, I transfer listed him after a week or something and only got a £3m offer at the end of the day.

On another note, I need some good wingers, any ideas? Looking at Ayew and Insigne but Insigne didn't play as well in the last save that I had...

Julian Brandt is quality as a young winger, next rues!

Right guys, im finally going to start a Liverpool game now the full game is out

Can anyone recommend any good cheap buys for me, considering you dont get an excessive amount too spend

ill be using a 4-2-3-1 formation with an amc

You can get close to €40m at the start.

Johnson can be sold for 26m and Lucas for 40 (25+15 over 48months)

Julian Brandt is quality as a young winger, next rues!

They wont sell him :(. I wanted him and Bakkali but the clubs won't sell.

Kinda annoying when the club tells me I haven't bought many young kids for the first team.

There's: Romero, Scigilio, Werner, Zuculini, Alex Teilles, & Doria.

They wont sell him :(. I wanted him and Bakkali but the clubs won't sell.

Kinda annoying when the club tells me I haven't bought many young kids for the first team.

There's: Romero, Scigilio, Werner, Zuculini, Alex Teilles, & Doria.

How has Alex Teilles done for you?

How has Alex Teilles done for you?

Still just in friendlies at the mo so can't really say for sure. But he's been okay. Will let you know how he develops. But still have Enrique for this first season atleast anyway, so Alex is the cover for Enrique.

Was thinking about him as cover, recalled Robinson from his loan, doing very well for me

11 games into my first season, sitting 2nd 4 points off united.

Arsenal are bottom with a -15 GD

Top scorer in the PL is Sahko!!!

Has everyone kept Pascoe as the Ass Man or has anyone managed to find someone better? Also, going into third season now, could do with a new 20-goal-a-season striker and a quality CD. Never get any money from the board!

Just wondering if anyone's seen anything from Aspas which makes them think he shouldn't be sold at the first opportunity? Seems like a good candidate to raise a little January cash to me.

Lucas is one of the top DM players in game, with both tech and hardness, why is everyone selling him for cash? With strong mental attributes and high professionalism, he is a fantastic tutor to the youngers.

Sold G Johnson to Arsenal for £27m cash upfront, and D Agger to Man City for £25m, cash upfront as well.

Gonna start again was using 5-3-2 but wasn't getting into the save will go back to my usual 4-2-3-1 formation

Gonna start again was using 5-3-2 but wasn't getting into the save will go back to my usual 4-2-3-1 formation

I need to use a formation I like otherwise I can't get into a game

Used a Mr Hough tactic with 3 ST a few FM's ago and was winning plenty but didn't enjoy it as the tactic felt strange

Lucas is one of the top DM players in game' date=' with both tech and hardness, why is everyone selling him for cash? With strong mental attributes and high professionalism, he is a fantastic tutor to the youngers.

Sold G Johnson to Arsenal for £27m cash upfront, and D Agger to Man City for £25m, cash upfront as well.[/quote']

What you said about Lucas goes for Agger and Johnson. It just depends on who you want to sacrifice for the cash. With no European football you can afford to sell a couple of players for big money and strengthen the first 11 with money left over

I need to use a formation I like otherwise I can't get into a game

Used a Mr Hough tactic with 3 ST a few FM's ago and was winning plenty but didn't enjoy it as the tactic felt strange

Been using the 4-2-3-1 tactic since FM 09 got use to it gonna stick to it now

Give Aspas a try, scored 21 goals in the first season for me once I decided to play him.

One the league in the first season with minimal changes but played a 4-4-2 with LM playing slightly higher with attacking or depending who I played sometimes control and LM would drop back in.

Beat Man City 7-2, also big wins against Arsenal. Suarez scored a few when he finished his ban but then got injured for 4 months as did Couthino who was my best player.

I bought Fraser Forster as Mignolet had the catching the ball outside the box problem and got banned and never got back in the side.

Just about to start second season and have made a lot of changes so not sure how it will work out.

Alright lads. Think I've done all the business that I can in the transfer window and playing my last friendly.

I've sold:

Skrtel for £6m

Reina for £10m

Hendo for £5m

Suarez for £45m to Bayern

Johnson for £25m to Arsenal

Sturridge for £9m to Athletico

Allen for £7m to Newcastle

Enrique for £4.5m to Southampton

total sold = £111m

Bought:

Tielemans for £2m

Litmanen on a free

Reveillere for free

Zuccilini for free

Werner for £5.25m

Zivkovic for £550k

Balanta for £11m

Doria for £8m

Insigne for £14m

Will Hughes for £10m but loaned back

Romero for £6m

Alex Telles for £4.3m

Montoya for £6m

Lacazette for £6.5m

Javi Garcia on loan

Dos Santos on loan.

total spent - £74.11m

also cancelled Cissoko's loan deal.

Looking forward to the new season. Strengthened midfield quite a bit as well as on the wings with Insigne and Lacazette. Werner and Aspas will probably be my main strikers. Got high hopes for them. Wanted to sell Agger to but no good deals for him so gonna keep him for a while for more strength in depth and quality. Main thing was cover for Lucas with Zuccilini & Romero and Garcia. Also just got Jonathan Dos Santos on loan too as extra cover.

This plus

get

rescaldani 21yo

AND Dont forget which I always forget to ask the board for set transfer percentage at the first day .... sadly i forgot on my new save but oh well i did get all that plus pgoba for 30m + something im a happy camper

How are people setting up Suarez and Sturridge? Like many people i'm finding they are severely underrated in this FM and are really struggling to score goals. Really struggling to create chances on this FM as well. Tried a 4-5-1 and a 4-2-3-1 and can't seem to get settled on a first 11 or tactic. Signed Bender, Verratti, Hughes (loaned back to Derby), Reveillere and sold Lucas which i'm sort of regretting now. Bender and Verratti not really doing much which is making me regret selling Lucas for them.

This plus

get

rescaldani 21yo

AND Dont forget which I always forget to ask the board for set transfer percentage at the first day .... sadly i forgot on my new save but oh well i did get all that plus pgoba for 30m + something im a happy camper

Ah nice one. I had to start again from that save where I sold Suarez etc. Wanted to keep him coz there's no one else who can score goals etc or have the same quality as him.

Yeah I always tell the board to change the revenue %. It changes to 75% for me. So by selling Agger for £20m, I get £15m to spend, which is really good on top of the £15m you start with (with Europa qual). Etc Etc.

Some advice:

To everyone saying strikers aren't scoring, are you telling your strikers to learn the "place shot" ppm? And remove stuff that you don't like? E.g. I'm getting Sturridge to stop shooting from distance. It has a possibility to work since the coaches didn't say that he couldn't do that. Further, when you buy a young striker etc, tell them to also do this stuff, like "place shots" from a younger age, so they're more used to it and so they score more goals in the youth teams so they're able to develop better. Also don't forget to sign good under 18 coaches. While it may look like there's not a place to look solely for under 18 coaches, most of the coaches with more than 15 young players rating would say they want to be under 18s coach when you offer them a contract, so you can look out for that. However, GKs and fitness coaches work with both senior and youth teams.

Hope this helps some peoples. Oh and when you start a new save, after you agree transfer budgets etc, if you talk to the board again, you can ask for more wage budget and they should give it to you so you get more money to start with. However, this has worked for me when I've gone for the Europa qualification so not sure if it'll work with the other ones.

How do you ask the board for set transfer percentage at the first day ?

Ah, I should have been clearer, sorry. You have to ask the NEXT day after you take over because you've already talked with Henry and that concludes the board discussions for the first day. So the next day. Which is still fine because no player would have been sold by then.

Hello Liverpool fans

Two and half season in with my Liverpool save, I´m doing pretty well.

First season I signed only one player; Shaqiri(fantastic player) and he really helped me. I finished second, with 81 points, scored 83 and conceded 43. Mignolet was an absolut joke. Thank god Reina was about to return :)

Second season, preseason, I signed: Obiang(13,5 mill £), Shaw(30 mill £), Vitinho(free) and Mkhitaryan(30 mill £) and in january Wanyama(15 mill £). And most importantly - as it turned out, Reina would return :)

I offloaded: Aspas(3,8), Lucas(31,5), Assaidi(1), Borini(10), Albero(3,1).

I Finished first in the PL, Suarez scoring 41 goals in 38 app. But we didnt really play the way I wanted, and finished 4th i cl Groups with only one win and one Draw. Still in the pl we got 91 points, scored 81 goals and conceeded only 29.

Third season I focused on my tactics, changed a lot of things, and now we cant stop winning and scoring. 23 games in, we have scored 73 goals, have got 59 points, and are one a fast track to glory :)

Ive brought in: Balanta(5), Sommer(free), Castillio(3,3 regen) and Gomez, Rodrigo(6,75)

Offloaded: Coates(2,5), Mignolet(5), Enrique(5), Henderson(2,5), Skertel(1,5)

Agree with Johnson, but Agger is not at the same level, in the game I mean. Too much injury Agger takes as a CB.

In my third season, won the League the first two seasons. Just been offered Ibrahimovic for £2.1 million!!! Accepted it then he demanded £425,000 a week!!!!!!

Isn't he too old?

I also got batra (instead of pogba u can get sharawy for 30m)

my team look like

stur

cou sharawy

hendo(matuidi) gerrard(allen)

Leiva

allex telles montoya

balanta batra (sakho toure)

other sub kelly and the ones in (__) aspas, alberto sterling , revelrie

igot honda coming in jan, hughes next 2 years ( signing him end of season + loan back

I sell enrique(on loan) reina aspas

and get Koval end of season (plus loan) , hulk ( maybe?) benteke (maybe) , corchia, (left back???)

I also got batra (instead of pogba u can get sharawy for 30m)

my team look like

stur

cou sharawy

hendo(matuidi) gerrard(allen)

Leiva

allex telles montoya

balanta batra (sakho toure)

other sub kelly and the ones in (__) aspas, alberto sterling , revelrie

igot honda coming in jan, hughes next 2 years ( signing him end of season + loan back

I sell enrique(on loan) reina aspas

and get Koval end of season (plus loan) , hulk ( maybe?) benteke (maybe) , corchia, (left back???)

Seems like a pretty solid team. Hopefully Sharaway plays well for ya.

So Chelsea, who last season ran away with the league, just got Aguero, who wanted to leave b/c City didn't get into Europe.

He rejected my 12m p/y offer for their 14m p/y.

And both Coutinho and Suarez want to leave for Real Madrid, but that's not happening any time soon.