FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Any of you having problems signing Shaw from Southampton? Scout reports says that he is interesting in signing, when pushed by the media he says that he would delighted in signing, whne having an offer accepted his agent says that he isn't interested in joining, tried it in several games so far

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any of you having problems signing Shaw from Southampton? Scout reports says that he is interesting in signing, when pushed by the media he says that he would delighted in signing, whne having an offer accepted his agent says that he isn't interested in joining, tried it in several games so far

It did happen to me before 14.3, I think. Or before I got me the LFCMarshal update around the World Cup, before he signed for United, where Liverpools appeal is a little better.

I wish I could help you out. I only came up against the 4-2-3-1 with a strong team was with Chelsea and the once against Barcelona where I used my default 4-2-2 with defensive wingers tactic and it always worked fine with me using the OIs system. Their striker throughout the seasons I played them was mainly Lukaku, who is very similar to Drogba where the best OIs I have found are Tight Marking - Never (removing the team instruction, of course) as this can prevent your defenders from dealing with the striker at all in the physical manner and instead tackling him head on.

ok cheers for the advice.

would it be possible for you to put up screen shots of your tactics so i can start to gauge which formations to use against certain formations?

I think Liverpool is up there with Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of fun saves. Great facilities (although underrated), great youth prospects and a great financial backing.

The default squad, I believe is very decent. Suarez is miles better than the rest of the squad but that shows in game if you play him in the right formation but then you also have the likes of Sterling, Suso, Coutinho, Jack Robinson and Jon Flanagan who all can turn out into great players. The squad depth in the team isn't the best compared to say, Chelsea, but Liverpool have enough money and a high enough reputation to buy well to cover that squad depth.

Finished the 30/31 season and it was all about one man Ruben Fontaine. Originally brought in as a 17 year old to be the long term replacement for Alberto Cerri he got his chance to show his stuff this season. An injury plagued season for the old man Cerri meant Ruben got to lead the attack and the 20 year old proceeded to rip Cerri goal scoring records apart!

Most Goals in a season : 77 (previous record 60 (Cerri)

Most league goals : 47 (previous record 41 (Cerri,Hunt)

Most Champions League goals : 19 (previous record 17 (Cerri)

RubenFontaine_OverviewProfile_zps29d53473.png

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-33_zpsc8ed680c.png

Finished the 30/31 season and it was all about one man Ruben Fontaine. Originally brought in as a 17 year old to be the long term replacement for Alberto Cerri he got his chance to show his stuff this season. An injury plagued season for the old man Cerri meant Ruben got to lead the attack and the 20 year old proceeded to rip Cerri goal scoring records apart!

Most Goals in a season : 77 (previous record 60 (Cerri)

Most league goals : 47 (previous record 41 (Cerri,Hunt)

Most Champions League goals : 19 (previous record 17 (Cerri)

RubenFontaine_OverviewProfile_zps29d53473.png

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-33_zpsc8ed680c.png

amazin goalscoring!

what tactic are you using? and if your own, do you mind sharing?

I think Liverpool is up there with Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of fun saves. Great facilities (although underrated), great youth prospects and a great financial backing.

The default squad, I believe is very decent. Suarez is miles better than the rest of the squad but that shows in game if you play him in the right formation but then you also have the likes of Sterling, Suso, Coutinho, Jack Robinson and Jon Flanagan who all can turn out into great players. The squad depth in the team isn't the best compared to say, Chelsea, but Liverpool have enough money and a high enough reputation to buy well to cover that squad depth.

Thanks. I'm tired of Arsenal save because I can't replicate our style of play effectively - but Liverpool's seems far easier to replicate. I've started a save with an update, meaning I have a fairly good squad at my disposal. Liverpool seems like a good project. I may start a save with a similar side in the Bundesliga - say Bayer Leverkusen - to run alongside it to make it even more enjoyable by keeping it fresh.

Thanks for the feedback.

If you've got the summer update and are playing Liverpool, I highly recommend keeping Divock Origi after he comes back from loan at Lille. He's a beast!

2014-15: 8(20) apps - 6 gls - 4 asts

2015-16: 18(19) apps - 12 gls - 4 asts

2016-17: 18(18) apps - 17 gls - 14 asts

2017-18: 36(11) apps - 29 gls - 9 asts

I'm using 4-4-2 with 4 possible strikers to choose and I rotate a lot. For example in 2017-18, Origi got 29 goals, Falcao got 27 goals and Ewandro 22 goals. Jerome Sinclair is the fourth but he was injured a lot and only scored 4 goals. I had Sturridge, Aguero, Falcao and Origi last season (2016-17) so the sub apps are quite a few. But he is my main man now and most of the 11 sub apps he made this season were after he was recovering fitness after an injury.

I'd also like to recommend keeping Markovic and giving him as much game time as you can. Markovic and Sterling are menacing wingers and score and assist at least 10 each season.

Manquillo and Moreno also turn out as world class full backs. Both starters in the Spain squad as well.

FM2015 will be awesome with the updated Sterling and this squad!

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! We just lost a game in the league. We had gone 79 league games unbeaten (from Season 2 to Season 4) with one loss in the FA Cup in that time (won every trophy last season). Lost to Sunderland away in a match where we were on top in every way, bar the scoreboard.

Had the Champions Cup quarter four days later and we took our frustrations out on them, beating them 6-0 at Anfield (we won 1-0 away in the first leg). Was bitten by relying too much on youth for squad rotation and backup. I rested Suarez, Sterling, Varane, Vidal and Henderson and played a pretty young side.

I had felt the loss coming, the last four games have been decided by a goal (including one game where Tim Krul made 22 saves from 24 shots on target in a 2-1 win at Newcastle) and we haven't played all that well. Now got to get the boys playing good football again. No real chance of being overtaken at the top of the table. Chelsea are having a great season, but we are 14 points clear with 6 matches to play having only dropped points thrice before.

Gotta start trying to overhaul my own record again (also got the record for most consecutive wins at 16, which I've equaled a few times but not yet beaten in this save).

Overall, my team is looking pretty great. Suarez is immense up-front with El Shaaraway, Sturridge and Sterling rotating on the wings (Borini, Ibe and Suso are backup). In central midfield I've got Coutinho (just returning from injury), Henderson and Vidal, with Allen, Rossiter and Agger my backups. Defence is very strong with Peruzzi, Flanagan, Shaw and Johnson competing (Johnson obviously gets time pretty rarely) and Marquinos, Varane and Sakho rotating through central defence. Every other player in my squad is an under-18 regen. Probably have to sell Mignolet at the end of the season, he's just not up to scratch compared with Ter Stegen.

Predominantly playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1, but sometimes playing a genuine 4-5-1 and switching things up with a 4-2-3-1 when required.

following your advice. I DID IT!!!!! went the whole season unbeaten in the league!!!

wR3MrG5.png

granted, not as potent up front as your successful seasons but its a start!!!!

this is the tactic i went for

snYVmZK.png

i played falcao as the AF persie as the DLF and mate/rooney/di marie as the AMC.

do you have any advice as how to increase my goals scored?

Might start a game with Liverpool! I usually go for a club in the Championship but I do fancy a challenge in the Prem with a top club. They also look to have plenty of youth players to develop. I'm very suprised there are only two players who are 4* plus compared to Arsenals 10 players 4* plus!!

Might start a game with Liverpool! I usually go for a club in the Championship but I do fancy a challenge in the Prem with a top club. They also look to have plenty of youth players to develop. I'm very suprised there are only two players who are 4* plus compared to Arsenals 10 players 4* plus!!

Sterling

Rossiter

Chirivella

Suso

Ibe

Canos

Wilson

Sinclair

are all 4 or above stars for me in my game

Flanagan, Robinson, Ilori, Wisdom and perhaps Ojo have the stats and potential to be top EPL players as well - or that is what the reports says

Yeah, I have a tonne of 4* + potential players, a lot of 4.5* potentials too.

I've started a new save, but I will make basically the same transfers (maybe add a couple more in), but the only difference is that it is the absolute latest transfer update (with Blind and Falcao at United etc.)

havent been on here in a long time.

going to start a new save when PR0 buts up his updated database with transferes. will try and get an idea who to target for FM15

Alright mate havent had a liverpool save for a bit myself, when is this update released ? Is ca/pa stil the same

I would love to prove you wrong, eastley. I understand the skepticism, because I would be too if it was someone else.

I would love to, and I'm planning to, but I'm absolutely crap at getting my point across, I blame it on poor English really. :lol:

That would be a novel in itself though, I would have to provide fourteen different tactics for different situations.

For example, I this this tactic for when I'm playing a champion's league game away and ahead by a goal or two, this tactic for when I want to maintain a lead away from home but also still oppose an attacking threat (this has three variations saved) and my main two false 9, two defensive winger formation has six variations, depending on the strength of opposition, their formation and the DLP support in the CM role dropped down to a regista role in DMCL.

Tactical masterclass in match day 36 sees us completely destroy eighth place West Ham United, where Sinclair has passed the 50 mark (52), in 52 games. I would love to see a Mistakes Leading to Goals stat in the statistics screen, or even a Mistakes statistic alone, because it would show me a much bigger insight on what went right and wrong with both teams.

94e9fc8311a3c4fe01800e7b8a905011.png

Southampton and Stoke at home in the final two games. Any sort of slipping up will make me rage quit the game. :lol:

would it be possible for you to put up a screen shot of your 2F9 2DW tactic?

any secret trick to get Suarez firing? can't seem to justify his wages no matter what I do to him

playing with a front two, an AMC behind them, two central midfielders and two complete wing backs to serve them

Sturridge seem to put in as many goals as Suarez, and Morata seem to score when I bring him on instead of Suarez, even Sterling seem to add more to the attack than Suarez

any secret trick to get Suarez firing? can't seem to justify his wages no matter what I do to him

playing with a front two, an AMC behind them, two central midfielders and two complete wing backs to serve them

Sturridge seem to put in as many goals as Suarez, and Morata seem to score when I bring him on instead of Suarez, even Sterling seem to add more to the attack than Suarez

Ended up finishing 2nd in the first season - was flying in the first games, but when Suarez came back I hit a bad run - was close to giving up on him, but he did ok in the last month of the season or so

Won the FA cup

So a season that was passed IMO

First season transfer in:

Kyle Walker - Spurs

Neil Taylor - Swansea

Alvaro Morata - R.Madrid

Doria - Botafogo

Dede - Cruzeiro

Lucas Romero - Velez

Nicolas Nkoulou - Marseille

First season transfers out;

Agger - Napoli

Johnson - Spurs

Skrtel - Lazio

---

Second season transfer in;

Hugo Lloris - Spurs

Luke Shaw - Southampton

Goretzka - Schalke

Pogba - Juventus

Verratti - PSG

English newgen - Huddersfield

Second season transfers out;

Luis Alberto - Reading

Iago Aspas - Norwich

Martin Kelly - Stoke

Jordan Henderson - Man C

Coutinho - PSG

Jose Enrique - Southampton

Simon Mignolet - Schalke

Fabio Borini - Fiorentina

Oussama Assaidi - PSV

Alright mate havent had a liverpool save for a bit myself, when is this update released ? Is ca/pa stil the same

checking on the forum and it'll be out on monday. think there are some CA/PA changes and a few young players added. i'll give it a go just to try and get back into the game before FM15 is released. havent really gotten into FM14 at all due to not having time (baby born before release last year)

have a bit more time now so hope to get back to playing as its the only game of get for the laptop

5 seasons in and finally managed my first european trophy, winning the Europa League against Besiktas 3-2 in the 88th minute. Finished 3rd, so Champions league fixtures again as well.

Finally managed to get my team playing how I want in my 4-2-3-1.

Timo Horn

Ben Davies left back

Denswil Centre back

Otten New gen centre back alternating with Kelly

Octavio new gen right alternating with Manquillo

Rossiter and Romero alternating in the DLP defend position

Verratti and Henderson in the attacking midfielder position

Then a combination of the following across the AM positions;

Suso

Gotze free

Rotario

Nathan £1m

Sterling

Vitinho free

Allione

Trying to get rid of Suarez, but been out for 9 months with a broken leg. Might have to keep him and get rid of Ceicedo.

Strikers are;

Cerri just bought for £15m at 22. He finished the top goalscorer in europe.

Ceicedo free, but will be sold

Bond new gen from academy

Ivanesko new gen bought for £1m

I have a lot of youngsters coming through and will be ready to place Chiverella, Canos and Sinclair into the mix this season.

Just sold Sven Bender, Harry Wilson (not improved much) & HUman Tariq who brought in a free and sold for £3.7m after a bit of training.

Could be my year this year, but the Manchester United have a very good squad, as do due Citeh!

checking on the forum and it'll be out on monday. think there are some CA/PA changes and a few young players added. i'll give it a go just to try and get back into the game before FM15 is released. havent really gotten into FM14 at all due to not having time (baby born before release last year)

have a bit more time now so hope to get back to playing as its the only game of get for the laptop

Congrats :) ive found another update without any CA/PA changes as i prefer to play updates with it untouched. Not that there is anything wrong with it just think only SI should be the ones to change stats. Anyway still havent had time to start a game yet, going to have a save with the full version of FM been playing the classic version for a while

With this database, I'm really trying to figure out who to sign without overloading my squad too much.

I have a potential wonderkid, a replacement for Agger, a new back up goalkeeper and a new left back to challenge Moreno coming in (Manquillo signed permanently for the £5 million tag).

I'm not even sure who else I need? I was thinking of cashing out on Lucas early this time, but he's a really good tutor and was very good for me that last time around.

With this database, I'm really trying to figure out who to sign without overloading my squad too much.

I have a potential wonderkid, a replacement for Agger, a new back up goalkeeper and a new left back to challenge Moreno coming in (Manquillo signed permanently for the £5 million tag).

I'm not even sure who else I need? I was thinking of cashing out on Lucas early this time, but he's a really good tutor and was very good for me that last time around.

I only sold replaces Lucas with Morgan Schneiderlin. Didn't need much more than that. Just decided to cash in on Lucas before he dropped in value.

You see, I was thinking of doing that but Lucas is definitely a superior player. He's a great tutor and he is technically and mentally superior to Schneiderlin.

The other options I have found are William Carvalho (who has a decent upgrade in this database), or a much cheaper option in Claudio Yacob.

Then there's the option of selling Lucas anyway and using Jordon Rossiter (who now has 100 CA) as back up to Emre Can and Joe Allen, which will give the squad a more homegrown feel and bringing in an older tutor for Rossiter who has a better personality to tutor him with since I'm using Gerrard to tutor Henderson at first (I recommend this to everyone, Henderson becomes incredible after half a season because of it)

Anyway, for now I'm not going to advance past the first day off the game until I'm fully prepared, which includes staff overhaul, tactics and transfers decisions.

For my tactics, I'm only going to use three for now.

The first one is my baby, the tactic that has brought me so much success in the past:

4cf580fb70e74d03e0268841edecf128.png

My second one is a new experimental formation that I'm trying out. It's possession based but maintains a defensive core. This is purely inspired from wanting to recreate the England 1966 formation but incorporate modern day roles into it.

4f40ef35051306835d14388dbfdff68d.png

My third one is a tactic I will only use when I already have the lead. It will be heavily focused on man marking and closing down and keeping a lead or clean sheet.

It's a little less ridiculous than the formation I had before, where I had five at the back and three defensive midfielders and then two forwards.

1f1e04e6c67a12cf749b88acbc7cd546.png

I'm not too keen on Balotelli at all as a false 9. I really think that selling him at the beginning of next season.

Lambert, although rather old suits the false 9 role perfectly. He's a playmaking forward with all required attributes at 15 and over (has 15 finishing and 17 heading too, which is great) and can also be on set pieces. I might actually use him over Balotelli for these reasons, and have Sturridge and Borini rotating on the left striker side.

Markovic and Lallana are decent additions to the team, but their defensive attributes are woeful, which is expected really as they are all out attacking wingers. I have however, not noticed much difference when using Coutinho in the defensive winger role and he actually flourished in that position.

Emre Can is the addition to the team that was very much needed - another **** kicking ball winning midfielder who has great work rate, bravery, strength and defensive attributes to play alongside the more creative midfielder who in this case, will be Gerrard and Henderson rotating.

Although I'm still mourning the loss of Jack Robinson to the second worst club in London (you can probably guess the first :D ), the addition of Moreno and soon addition of Jetro Willems (for just £8 million) is easing that pain a little. Jon Flanagan has a small upgrade and Javi Manquillo will be tried out this season before I actually pay £5 million for him, but I can see him doing pretty well.

I am also mourning the loss of a vice captain and one of the most loyal players in modern day football in Daniel Agger and not even the acquisition of a player of equal ability in Dejan Lovren can ease that. His loss also means I will only have three centre backs after I sell Kolo Toure. I have this sorted as I will sign Eder Balanta for £7 million who is a potentially world class player. Four centre backs may not be enough to some people, but I've been fine in the past with just four.

For the goalkeeper spot, I'm going to buy Khune to challenge Mignolet for the #1 spot and also attempt to sign Jack Butland and have him tutored by Khune and he will eventually be my #1 goalkeeper as time goes by and I attempt to sell Mignolet/Khune in a couple of seasons.

You see, I was thinking of doing that but Lucas is definitely a superior player. He's a great tutor and he is technically and mentally superior to Schneiderlin.

The other options I have found are William Carvalho (who has a decent upgrade in this database), or a much cheaper option in Claudio Yacob.

Then there's the option of selling Lucas anyway and using Jordon Rossiter (who now has 100 CA) as back up to Emre Can and Joe Allen, which will give the squad a more homegrown feel and bringing in an older tutor for Rossiter who has a better personality to tutor him with since I'm using Gerrard to tutor Henderson at first (I recommend this to everyone, Henderson becomes incredible after half a season because of it)

I actually sold Schneiderlin after 2 seasons. I brought William Carvalho in to compete with Emre Can and Rossiter then cashed in on Can to give Rossiter a bigger role. Now I have Hendo, Chirivella, Rossiter, Carvalho and a regen for my MC positions. It looks really good IMO. Joe Allen handed in a transfer request in the 2nd season because of a lack of game time. I wasn't too surprised or sad, because I always planned on selling him in the 2nd or 3rd season.

The thing I'm most sad about is Jerome Sinclair. He got struck with a lot of injuries between the age og 18-20 so his development halted and when he left the club for QPR, he was rated 3 stars potential. I've never gotten him to shine like you do Sabine :(

Congrats :) ive found another update without any CA/PA changes as i prefer to play updates with it untouched. Not that there is anything wrong with it just think only SI should be the ones to change stats. Anyway still havent had time to start a game yet, going to have a save with the full version of FM been playing the classic version for a while

thanks mate.

I don't really but much pass on the CA/PA changes as I already have an idea on who I might want to fill certain roles.

Started off well in 2018-2019 season. Man City are running away with the title already though. I lost to Chelsea in the Super Cup, grrrr. Still in all competitions and Alberto Cerri is a beast. Scored in every game he has played at the moment.

The last game I played was Forest away and lost 4-1. I think my full backs were exposed, so going to review the game and make changes for a similar formation. Was on a 7 game winning streak before this.

I actually sold Schneiderlin after 2 seasons. I brought William Carvalho in to compete with Emre Can and Rossiter then cashed in on Can to give Rossiter a bigger role. Now I have Hendo, Chirivella, Rossiter, Carvalho and a regen for my MC positions. It looks really good IMO. Joe Allen handed in a transfer request in the 2nd season because of a lack of game time. I wasn't too surprised or sad, because I always planned on selling him in the 2nd or 3rd season.

The thing I'm most sad about is Jerome Sinclair. He got struck with a lot of injuries between the age og 18-20 so his development halted and when he left the club for QPR, he was rated 3 stars potential. I've never gotten him to shine like you do Sabine :(

You know, I'm rather tempted in selling Lucas and then buying Carvalho. He has a very decent CA upgrade on the LFC Marshall update (well deserved too) and looks very much similar to Lucas. Only issue is that he's probably going to cost more than I can sell Lucas for, which I hate.

Chirivella didn't really develop that well for me and he never got injured, I just wasn't really keen on his physicals. Technically though, he developed brilliantly but Lucas and Rossiter still kept him out of the team the first time around.

I love Rossiter though. I played him as a back up player in the first season whilst Lucas was tutoring and well, you know how he turned out. I'll probably keep Lucas (he's only 26 at the start! I just realised that.) and do the same there.

That is so tragic. :( Sinclair was one of my most important players in that save. He developed so well and was very rarely injured. I think he had a very low injury proneness and a decent natural fitness too.

You know, I'm rather tempted in selling Lucas and then buying Carvalho. He has a very decent CA upgrade on the LFC Marshall update (well deserved too) and looks very much similar to Lucas. Only issue is that he's probably going to cost more than I can sell Lucas for, which I hate.

Chirivella didn't really develop that well for me and he never got injured, I just wasn't really keen on his physicals. Technically though, he developed brilliantly but Lucas and Rossiter still kept him out of the team the first time around.

I love Rossiter though. I played him as a back up player in the first season whilst Lucas was tutoring and well, you know how he turned out. I'll probably keep Lucas (he's only 26 at the start! I just realised that.) and do the same there.

That is so tragic. :( Sinclair was one of my most important players in that save. He developed so well and was very rarely injured. I think he had a very low injury proneness and a decent natural fitness too.

I have had the same issue with Sinclair. He has managed maybe one season without little niggles. His development has been slow and will probably get off loaded.

Rossiter has been great for me. He has been alternating with Romero in my Deep lying playmaker role. I did want him to play in the box to box role, but Henderson & Veratti have that covered.

Chiverella look sgood on mine, but never performs, the same with Canos.

I sold Canos for £15 million in the second season to Schalke when he didn't even play a game for us - just loan deals.

One player to look out for especially though, is Suso. I kept him out on loan to Almeria where he flourished and then loaned him out to Granada who somehow made it to the Champions League semi finals after finishing second in the league and Suso's attributes just shot up astronomically.

I really miss that save now, some of the players were incredible. :(

I sold Canos for £15 million in the second season to Schalke when he didn't even play a game for us - just loan deals.

One player to look out for especially though, is Suso. I kept him out on loan to Almeria where he flourished and then loaned him out to Granada who somehow made it to the Champions League semi finals after finishing second in the league and Suso's attributes just shot up astronomically.

I really miss that save now, some of the players were incredible. :(

Suso has been in the team from the 3rd season. Really good assist stats and pops up with a few goals. He did score a hattrick last night :)

I need to have a overall of the squad I have. I seem to have a number of players now that could play each role and some are getting frustrated. Suso is keeping Gotze out, who I got on free and he has handed in a request.

Suso was monstrous for me. As a left sided defensive winger, he scores and assists for fun. I don't know what it is about defensive wingers, but they seem to be extremely effective at both roles of defending and attacking. He even scored 4 against Barcelona in a 7-1 smashing of them in the Champion's League semi final and got the man of the match in the final against PSG.

This time around, I'm trying my best not to hoard youngsters from around the world because I have a feeling that I will not use them in the near future.

I had a lot of potentially star premier league players in my youth system last time around but I just couldn't see them getting into the first team because my squad was young enough anyway.

So I think the transfers I make this season will last me until Gerrard retires, because at that point, Sheyi Ojo should be a good enough replacement for him and I should have a couple of top class players coming into the club from my youth system.

So, forum member Pro has his 2014/15 transfers update released (final version) and I'm thinking of starting a save with Liverpool again. I'm undecided on whether I should allow transfers or not in the first window......Here are a few other thoughts I have.

- not too happy about the presence of Balotelli. I've never ever managed him in any previous editions of FM and actually have purposely avoided him. I don't like him IRL either and I think it was a mistake signing him. With his personality and low teamwork/workrate, he doesn't really fit in the way I want/prefer to play.

- on the other hand Lambert looks like he could be a useful player, looking at his attributes. However, I'm not liking his shooting PPMs and I wish his Determination was higher so he could be a decent tutor for someone like Sinclair.

- I like the squad depth. I'll probably have to re-train the likes of Lallana, Suso and Coutinho to the MC position though. I may also re-train Johnson as DC because I don't trust Toure as back up there and because now there is Manquillo who can rotate with Flanagan at right back position.

- may go after Valdes on free

- my plan is to use a Fluid 4-3-3 based on possession and pressing

Archived