FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

I am in my third season very successful with Liverpool in a mostly 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Lucas is my 1st choice in the DM position alternating with Gerrard who I have had great success with as a Regista. I have played Lucas as a DefMid but mainly as an Anchor, I have also tried him at various times as a Regista, a Halfback and a BWMid. In all these positions he plays ok with a seasons average between 6.8-7.1 but he never seems to hit the heights he has for me in previous FM versions. I have Rossiter now coming of age and as Gerrard is most likely in his final season I cannot make up my mind whether to sell Lucas in 2016 or keep him. How have you other Liverpool managers got the best out of Lucas or is that as good as he gets in FM14?.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately even as a LFC fan I have lost respect for Suarez now. I'm selling him in the next transfer window.

I have a thing on FM were if I'm not a fan of a player at my club I will get rid of them.

Unfortunately even as a LFC fan I have lost respect for Suarez now. I'm selling him in the next transfer window.

I have a thing on FM were if I'm not a fan of a player at my club I will get rid of them.

Yup, about to do the same, selling him asap on my save..

In jan transfer window first season, should get a bit for him I hope..

who have people had to tutor Ibe? I've seen him get incredible on a few posts in here but the best i've seen him become in any of my games is a decent Championship level player

Tutored him with Suarez early on and he's at the same level as Sterling is right now.

I also gave him a lot of game time, which seems to aid his development astronomically.

Why are you all turning your back on Suarez? Last season he almost single handedly won us the league title. The guy needs our support more than ever, he clearly, without a doubt has mental issues that need to be addressed.

Why are you all turning your back on Suarez? Last season he almost single handedly won us the league title. The guy needs our support more than ever, he clearly, without a doubt has mental issues that need to be addressed.

I arill have him, could not off load him.

Sturridge however has been better in game for me anyhow, 20 League Goals, 13 assists.

I do find his actions disgraceful and believe he should be banned from football mainly because it's the THIRD similar incident of his career. No matter how talented he is, we don't need someone like that representing our team.

That being said, I hope that if he does get banned, we sell him to Real Madrid beforehand. :lol:

Started a new save, first season coming to a close.

Won the League.

29 Wins, 8 Draws and only 1 Loss.

Sturridge with 20 goals, most in the Premiership.

Coutinho with 21 Assists, most in League.

Gerrard 7.47 Highest in League for ratings. Suarez and most of my team are just behind him. My players take out 8 of top 11 rated players!

Sakho most Key tackles.

INS

Shaw

Romero

Silva

De Vilhena

OUTS

Leiva

a2984dc2ff406d641e4b97a31ea4c356.png

Will join me in January for £700k and £20k per week. Potential to be a star premier league central midfielder (160 - 180 PA, I think). Will probably sell him on for 20 times the amount in a year's time. :lol:

9c8810015a4170feaffc9a18c31673c5.png

Convincing win and a superb man of the match performance from Luke Shaw who completed 86 passes, made 10 interceptions, 4 in 4 tackles, 5 in 7 crosses and two assists.

Season 2 about to kick off, bit of movement in the transfer market for me..

OUT

Suarez ($50m)

Skrtel ($4.3m)

IN

Batshuayi ($33m) - God of a striker, in my save anyway.

Caulker ($12.75)

Lamela ($41m)

Tim De Backer ($20m) - Insane looking Regen, highly rated.

Peruzzi ($15m)

The pay over 48mth option was taken in all transfers, had to get most out of what i could. Suarez was replaced by Lamela for his wing role, and Batshuayi for striker role. Needed young English blood, grabbed Caulker and off loaded Skrtel. Backer is a god like midfielder regen, I reckon he is over 190PA.

Just finished the the 27/28 season clinching the league very early this time :)

MichaelGarnett_NewsInbox-27_zps1e72ffbe.png

A lot of the old guard left in the summer. Will Hughes left on a Bosman and is still looking for a new club. Nastasic announced he would retire at the end of the season so I made him a coach. Balanta retired from football altogether which means now my oldest player is Luke Shaw who is also wanting to leave (new challenge blah blah).

One of my oldies who is still showing the youngsters the way is Club captain Cerri who at 32 years old once again hit a 50 goal season.

AlbertoCerri_OverviewProfile-6_zpsa2a441ac.png

Jordan Rossiter now has the description ''Legendary Midfielder" and is the only remaining player from original squad I started the save with.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-28_zpsceac37cd.png

A lot of the old guard left in the summer. Will Hughes left on a Bosman and is still looking for a new club. Nastasic announced he would retire at the end of the season so I made him a coach. Balanta retired from football altogether which means now my oldest player is Luke Shaw who is also wanting to leave (new challenge blah blah).

One of my oldies who is still showing the youngsters the way is Club captain Cerri who at 32 years old once again hit a 50 goal season.

Jordan Rossiter now has the description ''Legendary Midfielder" and is the only remaining player from original squad I started the save with.

We have supported him before we forgave him and now he's done it again. If he gets a 2 year ban then how is he helping us? That's a lot of money wasted on wages if he is not playing. If a ban is imposed then we have to get another striker, a striker that we can actually play.

We have supported him before we forgave him and now he's done it again. If he gets a 2 year ban then how is he helping us? That's a lot of money wasted on wages if he is not playing. If a ban is imposed then we have to get another striker, a striker that we can actually play.

I would imagine that there are get out clauses for breach of contract etc to safeguard Liverpool. If he gets a two year or other extended ban I think it will get very expensive for Luis quite soon and he will be spending a lot of time in court defending against law suits etc.

What would be the best formation/team instructions/player roles/instructions for liverpool as i am having abit of difficulty on the new patch

Thanks

The team is really set up for a 4-2-3-1 formation, that is 4 Def, 2 Mid, 3 Attacking Mid and a lone striker. Coutinho turns out superb on the left attacking wing, train Sturridge for the Right. Sterling takes 1-2 seasons to be a first team player.

Signed Alexis Sanchez - think I got carried away with World Cup! Start of 2nd season, had a woeful 1st campaign, lost last 3 games to drop down to 7th but hoping a front 4 of Sanchez, Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge can fire us this season.

Determined to get it right this time!

4-5-1

Mignolet/Jones

Johnson/Flannagan

Enrique/B.Davies

Sakho/Agger

Skrtel/Toure

Lucas/Can

Gerrard/Allen

Henderson/Lallana

Sterling/Coutinho

Suarez/Volland

Lambert/Sturridge

Ibe and Kelly also in the squad.

Lacazette has been bought, but i've loaned him back to Lyon for the season.

Everton 0-1 Liverpool - Lambert

Liverpool 2-0 Crystal Palace - Lambert, Suarez

Yeovil 2-3 Liverpool - Ibe, Lallana, Sterling

Hull 1-1 Liverpool - Suarez.

Decent start to the season, currently unbeaten.

Aim is to finish top 4.

Sanchez is a long term target, especially as sturridge doesn't seem to perform for me :(

Started again.

End of first season review.

Won Premiership

Won Capital One Cup.

Won FA Cup.

Main Squad.

-------------- Suarez ---------------

Coutinho - Ward-Prowse - Sterling

------- Henderson - Gerrard -------

Shaw - Balanta - Agger - Johnson

-------------- Mignolet -------------

Hughes, Allen, Sturridge, Batshuayi, Sakho, Aspas, Enrique, Jedvaj, Kelly, Skrtel, Moses, Borini, Alberto, Toure and Sinclair was bench/rotated through when needed.

Leading Scorer: Suarez - 21 League 33 Overall.

Leading Assists: Coutinho 13

Highest rated: Suarez 7.41

Worst Rated: Toure 6.55

INS

Hughes

Ward-Prowse

Balanta

Shaw

Jedvaj

Batshuayi

OUTS

Leiva

Also let go of Sama, Sokolik and Mukendi on Free's.

Johnson is showing signs of decline at RB, will need to replace him next season, so first on Transfer list is a good RB. Also look at a young Central Defender to fill the hole that Agger and Skrtel will leave.

Might off load Aspas, Alberto, Toure, and look for young talent for my bench in there respective positions.

So next transfer window 3 out, 5 in.

Edit: Got like $60m kitty and 500k on wages to spend! Wow.

Going mad in transfer market.

New Season

Spent every penny I could.

IN

Caulker

Lallana

Ramirez

Svoboda (Regen)

Lovren

Borner (Regen)

Holtby

Peruzzi

Jovetic

OUT

Suarez (DoF sold him from under me!!!!!)

Aspas

Agger

Alberto

Skrtel

Borini

Because Suarez went, Sturridge and Batshuayi will be strikers for the season, Needed to strengthen attacking wingers and AMC. As I sold Alberto, Aspas as well.

Ha nice one would love that to happen irl winning the league on the day of my birthday ;) Still going strong at 32 :thup:

Cant get into any saves atm and i normally play FMC mode but I've decided to play the full mode and most probably make this my last save of FM14. I've started with Sunday League rep, 1st window disabled and attribute masking enabled.

Thinking i may go with a 4-2-3-1 as my main tactic with maybe a 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 as alternatives, as i haven't played full version for a while will have to mess around with tactic familiarity and team talks till i get them right.

ac032088b9dd395e3d554832c1d8fa7d.png

Started again.

End of first season review.

Won Premiership

Won Capital One Cup.

Won FA Cup.

Main Squad.

-------------- Suarez ---------------

Coutinho - Ward-Prowse - Sterling

------- Henderson - Gerrard -------

Shaw - Balanta - Agger - Johnson

-------------- Mignolet -------------

Hughes, Allen, Sturridge, Batshuayi, Sakho, Aspas, Enrique, Jedvaj, Kelly, Skrtel, Moses, Borini, Alberto, Toure and Sinclair was bench/rotated through when needed.

Leading Scorer: Suarez - 21 League 33 Overall.

Leading Assists: Coutinho 13

Highest rated: Suarez 7.41

Worst Rated: Toure 6.55

INS

Hughes

Ward-Prowse

Balanta

Shaw

Jedvaj

Batshuayi

OUTS

Leiva

Also let go of Sama, Sokolik and Mukendi on Free's.

Johnson is showing signs of decline at RB, will need to replace him next season, so first on Transfer list is a good RB. Also look at a young Central Defender to fill the hole that Agger and Skrtel will leave.

Might off load Aspas, Alberto, Toure, and look for young talent for my bench in there respective positions.

So next transfer window 3 out, 5 in.

Edit: Got like $60m kitty and 500k on wages to spend! Wow.

Going mad in transfer market.

New Season

Spent every penny I could.

IN

Caulker

Lallana

Ramirez

Svoboda (Regen)

Lovren

Borner (Regen)

Holtby

Peruzzi

Jovetic

OUT

Suarez (DoF sold him from under me!!!!!)

Aspas

Agger

Alberto

Skrtel

Borini

Because Suarez went, Sturridge and Batshuayi will be strikers for the season, Needed to strengthen attacking wingers and AMC. As I sold Alberto, Aspas as well.

How did you manage to sign Balanta in the first season when he has no chance of a work permit?.

How did you manage to sign Balanta in the first season when he has no chance of a work permit?.

I have always signed Balanta first season, always get's a work permit, have to appeal though.

Still on day 1 ha I've asked a few players to get rid of certain PPM's for e.g Agger - gets forward whenever possible, i know some players wont be able to but worth a try. Ibe, Sterling and Rossiter all getting tutored, also i put no budget first window so there will be no in comings or outgoings

1 season, midseason update

Table

1st Liverpool PL19 40 points

2nd Everton PL19 36

3rd Arsenal PL19 34

4th Man Utd PL19 32

Just finished a very tricky run of games

City lost 3-2

Everton won 2-1

Chelsea 2-1 (Sinclair assist and the winner)

All of these over the Christmas period so I have a lot of very tired players at the moment

Suarez 13 Played 14 Goal 5 Assists

Sturiddge 16 Played 8 Goals 10 Assists

Sterling Played 18 Played 5 Goals 7 Assists

They have all done well which is something I have never had before

1 season, midseason update

Table

1st Liverpool PL19 40 points

2nd Everton PL19 36

3rd Arsenal PL19 34

4th Man Utd PL19 32

Just finished a very tricky run of games

City lost 3-2

Everton won 2-1

Chelsea 2-1 (Sinclair assist and the winner)

All of these over the Christmas period so I have a lot of very tired players at the moment

Suarez 13 Played 14 Goal 5 Assists

Sturiddge 16 Played 8 Goals 10 Assists

Sterling Played 18 Played 5 Goals 7 Assists

They have all done well which is something I have never had before

Looking good still in pre season myself

Twice now the council have scrapped permission for me to build a new stadium. Starting to annoy me now! It has been expanded to 60,000 but I want more!

Damn council ha what season are you in ?

Damn council ha what season are you in ?

Just about to start my 14th. Not done too badly so far either to be fair.

English Premier League: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 & 2026

European Champions League: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2024, 2025 & 2026

FA Cup: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2025 & 2026

Capital One Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2025 & 2026

English Community Shield: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2024, 2025 & 2026

European Super Cup: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026

Club World Championship: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024 & 2025

any of you been using Henderson as a right back? planing to use Lucas and Gerrard as my main central midfielders, and Allan and Lucas Romero (whom I'm looking to bring in) as my back ups to those

and Henderson have very good full back attributes

Henderson is my back up right back for when Flanagan or McLaughlin are unfit/injured. He hasn't fully trained in the position yet, but he's not doing half bad at all.

January 1st 2017 now, and a clean sweep of the yearly awards has come through, with a nice little surprise.

Apart from the already mentioned transfers, not going to make any until the summer, unless someone comes up.

fc6438933bada7bd150e4214eec6973d.png

Kind of impressive considering he's back up to Sterling..

4964d12dc1ebb9dbf283d66c8491aba8.png

Amazing return for the year, and to think that I was considering selling him.

b66ec06b1099450c021fc08297904e12.png

I'm suprised that I didn't have a centre back in that team either, I'm pretty sure Sakho had a really good average rating. But else than that, pure dominance again.

4ca990a77e9ef9bb079bc4e210806d33.png

This really makes me reconsider on who I should be playing. Sterling is great, but Ibe has been a lot better, evidently.

918cc77434877ec0a1d6409a38263336.png

Pretty superb.

Had him tutored by Suarez, Gerrard and Henderson and is improving every month. Him, Sterling, Suso and Harry Wilson all look world class.

Awesome second season.

Won ECC

Won Premiership

Won Capital One

Won FA Cup

All four comps entered.

Sturridge top goal scorer, Sterling a machinr on right wing with Ramirez on the left, Highes and Ward Prowse rotating in the AMC position.

Henderson, Allen, Gerrard rotated through the Centre.

Defence was Shaw, Balanta, Sakho and Johnson/Peruzzi.

Was Awesome season, only losing 3 games!

Season 1 Review

Premier League:1st

Fa Cup:4th Round (Newcastle)

League Cup: Second Round (Crewe)

Had an excellent league campaign although my team couldn't defend. Just kept out scoring teams.

Suarez: 7.61 30 apps 28 Goals

Awards: Footballer of the Year and Top Goalscorer

Sturridge: 7.21 34 apps 15 Goals 15 Assists (most in league)

Sterling: 7.16 34 apps 11 Goals 13 Assists

Young player of the year award

Have had a major defensive re-shape for next season. I signed Balanta, Alex Sandro, Ter-Stegen and Lovern. So hopefully will be able to defend this year and mount a Champo League attempt. Also signed Sergi Roberto from Barca for £1.4m, will hopefully prove to be a bargain

Completely destroying the league. :)

d615ab8d721c0a0ba1ce42f0e3422e21.png

Using the same tactics, but I have found a way to improve the centre backs, by having them to Pass It Shorter and removing the Mark It Tighter instruction because they seemed to get out of position a lot. This has, in turn, made me concede a lot less, with the most I've conceded in a game this season being 2 in a cup game against Arsenal with mostly players from my reserves and youth team - still won 5-2 though.

I'm wanting to change up my tactic somehow to avoid getting bored, but I have that philosophy of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it", so I'll hold off until all my players are regens. :lol:

I'm hoping that the AI is better next season as I'm loading a whole bunch of leagues, giving some variation of the title winners of each nation and the such.

a1521831efcb7d4ef6d6a038c2d7d5ad.png

11 goals again this year against Alfreton Town with FIVE assists from Sterling along with a hat trick from the 15 year old regen striker I bought in the new year.

Season 1 Review

Premier League:1st

Fa Cup:4th Round (Newcastle)

League Cup: Second Round (Crewe)

Had an excellent league campaign although my team couldn't defend. Just kept out scoring teams.

Suarez: 7.61 30 apps 28 Goals

Awards: Footballer of the Year and Top Goalscorer

Sturridge: 7.21 34 apps 15 Goals 15 Assists (most in league)

Sterling: 7.16 34 apps 11 Goals 13 Assists

Young player of the year award

Have had a major defensive re-shape for next season. I signed Balanta, Alex Sandro, Ter-Stegen and Lovern. So hopefully will be able to defend this year and mount a Champo League attempt. Also signed Sergi Roberto from Barca for £1.4m, will hopefully prove to be a bargain

84FC8602A1FAD3461107B4FDB74548B538A67F8A

Sergi Roberto in my save with AI development, he is a bargain

Archived