FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I've finally managed to get round to play this game and finally completed my first season in charge and overall it went ok (finished 3rd). Played using very much as close to Rodgers tactics in real-life as I believed I can duplicate in-game (4-3-3/4-5-1 mainly and occasionally the 'Diamond') and very much in real life ended up as top goal scorers but conceded more than any other within the top 4, though we did have some amazing results against Chelsea (3-2 win away and 5-0 at home) Didn't make any transfers that affected the 1st team and overall am pretty happy.

Team: http://imgur.com/eYxLlRD

Transfers: http://imgur.com/RsC3c2s

Standouts were definitely Suarez (who was just 1 goal behind Negredo for the top scorer of the league and won Players Player of the year) and Coutinho (who won English Footballer of the Year!)

Overview 2013/14:

Final Table: http://imgur.com/G9nuwDz

United were pretty much cruising all through the season while the battle for top four with tightly contested until the end of the season were ourselves, Chelsea and City yo-yo'ed for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Pellegrini got sacked and was replaced by Villa-Boas at the end of March who ended the season well.

Winners: Man Utd // Champions League: Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City // Europa: Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham

Relegated: C Palace, Sunderland, Cardiff

Top Scorer: A. Negredo (25 Goals)

Top Assists: J. Mata (19 assists)

Footballer of the Year: P. Coutinho (Liverpool)

Players Player of the Year: L. Suarez (Liverpool)

Team of the Season: http://imgur.com/TKRMNdw

FA Cup: Man Utd 1-1 West Ham (West Ham win on Pens)

League Cup: Arsenal 2-1 Reading (AET)

Champions League: Barcelona 1-0 Juventus

Europa League: Dortmund 4-2 Stuttgart

World Player of the Year: 1st - L. Messi / 2nd - A. Iniesta / 3rd - C. Ronaldo

Season 8 review

f0dzk9.jpg

Apart from the 2 cups i won everything Barbosa is my 1st choice striker Costa is now a backup or used in plan b im now the best team in the world & finally entered the hall of fame goal is to topple fergie from top spot signed a Regan for 70mill but already world class

Season 2 is about to start and in conjuction with real life rumours in terms of transfers for Liverpool I've managed to buy a few players.

Transfers: http://imgur.com/hrTVWHo

Lovren I managed to snap up as he was unhappy and just placed a transfer request (and managed to pry away from R. Madrid who also bidded). Did try for Lallana but much like in real-life, Southamption are playing hardball (£25mil+) so I've decided to wait til potentially the January window to come back and try again (plus I have Suso back from loan who will get game time). R. Madrid have been sniffing around Coutinho and I've rejected a £42mil bid for Lucas.

Also McDonnell looks tidy and for 98k I couldn't say no... http://i.imgur.com/1fn4KGQ.jpg (especially when last youth intake was **** poor!)

Onwards to the first game of the season, home tie to newly promoted Blackburn!

Im dominating football in my game like Bayern have IRL but took me awhile

Trophy Haul

Premier league

Champions league

World club Championship

Cap one cup

Comm Shield

European supercup

Forgot to add it to my season review already won the comm shield & European supercup in 2021 so far but only updated till end of last season

Great work Glenn, I have always wanted to stick with a save so I dominate and topple the red nose B too. I may stick with my save now, good luck.

Itsmurph, I think everyone gets Barcelona the first time they go back into the champions league. That is a tough draw.

I am going to have a few hours later tonight so hopefully update you all.

Great work Glenn, I have always wanted to stick with a save so I dominate and topple the red nose B too. I may stick with my save now, good luck.

Itsmurph, I think everyone gets Barcelona the first time they go back into the champions league. That is a tough draw.

I am going to have a few hours later tonight so hopefully update you all.

Thanks did nothing in my 1st 4 seasons only 1 premier league win but since 2018 the trophies have been coming in only the fa cup I failed to win & just got in the World hall of fame

Finished my second season last night and secured 2nd in the league so it'll be Champions League football back at Anfield after missing out on the top 4 last year. Also managed to win the FA Cup beating Tottenham 3-1 in the final so that pleased the board too.

It was made that bit sweeter as I sold Suarez to Real Madrid at the start of the season after he became unhappy at the lack of Champions League football and it forced my hand to play Gabriel Barbosa more but he delivered and it's increased his development. Luke Shaw, Ron-Robert Zieler and Nicusor Stanciu were among the other players bought in the second season from the Suarez profit.

Season 2 is about to start and in conjuction with real life rumours in terms of transfers for Liverpool I've managed to buy a few players.

Transfers: http://imgur.com/hrTVWHo

Lovren I managed to snap up as he was unhappy and just placed a transfer request (and managed to pry away from R. Madrid who also bidded). Did try for Lallana but much like in real-life, Southamption are playing hardball (£25mil+) so I've decided to wait til potentially the January window to come back and try again (plus I have Suso back from loan who will get game time). R. Madrid have been sniffing around Coutinho and I've rejected a £42mil bid for Lucas.

Also McDonnell looks tidy and for 98k I couldn't say no... http://i.imgur.com/1fn4KGQ.jpg (especially when last youth intake was **** poor!)

Onwards to the first game of the season, home tie to newly promoted Blackburn!

How good is can for you? I'm thinking about buying him in my save.

Im dominating football in my game like Bayern have IRL but took me awhile

Trophy Haul

Premier league

Champions league

World club Championship

Cap one cup

Comm Shield

European supercup

Forgot to add it to my season review already won the comm shield & European supercup in 2021 so far but only updated till end of last season

Great job!

Started a new game with summer promotions/relegations etc. Gave myself a 60mil budget (seems to be the figure reported) and went for it. Sold Lucas for 30mil + Agger for 10mil to up my budget some more and bought;

Rakitic

Matuidi

Mangala

Riccardo Rodriguez

Martin Montoya

Wellington Nem

Javier Pastore

Adam Lallana

Lucas Romero (loaned back out)

Emre Can (January)

Was one hell of a first season. Suarez was a goal scoring monster picking up the golden boot. Alot of new signings had big injuries. Lallana, Pastore + Rakitic each spent 3-4 months out. Montoya spent a couple of months out too. Lallana was poor before his injury, but 2nd half of the season he was my 2nd best player behind Suarez. Really worked well. My starting lineup was along the lines of (I rotate CM + Wings alot)

-------------------Suarez-------------------

-Pastore---------------------------Lallana---

-----------Rakitic--------Henderson---------

-------------------Matuidi-------------------

-Rodriguez--Mangala----Sakho----Montoya---

--------------------Reina--------------------

Sterling/Wellington Nem/Sturridge/Borini would be the main rotation options on the wings, while Allen/Gerrard/Can were the main ones for CM.

I won the Capital One Cup, League + Champions League first season. Far surpassed my expectations. Had a tough group with Real Madrid + PSG in the Champs League but managed to beat Madrid twice to get through. Then faced Leverkeusen + Dortmund in the KO stages, before Chelsea in the semi. Was like the good old days, two very close tight games, with me going through as 2-1 winner AET. Then on to face Juve in the final, where Steven Gerrard of all people came on in the 2nd half to score the only goal of the game.

2nd season now, Wellington Nem has waved goodbye for a profit, while Joe Allen left for Arsenal.

Incomings are;

Alexis Sanchez

Joao Moutinho

Lucas Romero (returning from loan)

Sandro (Barca striker)

Finished my second season last night and secured 2nd in the league so it'll be Champions League football back at Anfield after missing out on the top 4 last year. Also managed to win the FA Cup beating Tottenham 3-1 in the final so that pleased the board too.

It was made that bit sweeter as I sold Suarez to Real Madrid at the start of the season after he became unhappy at the lack of Champions League football and it forced my hand to play Gabriel Barbosa more but he delivered and it's increased his development. Luke Shaw, Ron-Robert Zieler and Nicusor Stanciu were among the other players bought in the second season from the Suarez profit.

Nicusor Stanciu is a great player to buy. How much did you pay for him? I got him for 7m euros in January of the first season. He is very dangerous player when played as AP-A.

Wow

Things went my way, with Tottenham leading the charge late in my second season, they made the finals of all cups, I didn't. Due to there work load they ended up dropping points in the Premiership race and with a win in my last game of the season, will see us crowned champions!!

I got him for 20m from Hoffenheim, more than I could have paid if I got him in the first season but I had brought in Juan Quintero from Porto so coupled with Coutinho I didn't feel I needed him at the time. With Champions league football the depth will be much needed so he will be used a lot more than he would have.

I got him for 20m from Hoffenheim, more than I could have paid if I got him in the first season but I had brought in Juan Quintero from Porto so coupled with Coutinho I didn't feel I needed him at the time. With Champions league football the depth will be much needed so he will be used a lot more than he would have.

Look at who just won the European Golden Boy award on my save:

mBoOaXr.jpg

Started a new save...

I will be taking a slightly different approach this time. Will stick with young talent and develop them, try not to over do my squad with best talent, it got to much before when I had 80 players!! So slimmer team, nurse the young talent as best as possible, use them when ever I can. Do not sell players unless I have

The Idea to start my first season is to sell one player for a fair amount, in order to try get 3-4 high potential youngsters, 2nd season I will not be selling any first team players, maybe a fringe player or two, like a Borini (depends how he plays). I wanted to bring in young English talent, wanted the midfield to have a good future, better the midfield, better the supply to my forwards.

INS

Will Hughes

Jean-Marie Dongou

Ward-Prowse

OUTS

Brad Smith(Free)

Yesil(Free)

Sokolic(Free)

Roddan(Free)

Mukendi(Free)

Mersin(Free)

Bijev(Free)

Ward(Free)

Baio(Free)

Sama(Free)

Lussey(Free)

Pelosi(Free)

Trickett-Smith(Free)

Paez(Free)

Peterson(Free)

Teixeira(Free)

No players sold for cash, tried to sell Leiva but no one wants him..

Just won my 4th champions league in a row now im equal with Real Madrid on 9 wins each

Awesome job :)

Nice to see a fellow Aussie, and Liverpool fan too!!

I am in first season still, end of Nov, sitting second, my best result in first season ever thus far!

Season 9

9hqiv5.jpg

What can i say another great season funny is ive never won the Fa cup in this save & the cap one cup only once but enjoying it so far gonna see how much more i can win before i go away.Also getting a new stadium which is due to be ready in 3 years from now

Trophy Haul

Premier league

Champions league

World club Championship

Cap one cup

Comm Shield

European supercup

Half way through Season 1 Review..

Things are going well, currently in #1 spot of the Premier League. After 19 games we are on 47 Point, which is 9 clear of Chelsea and Man City.

Scored 40 but only let 14 goals in.

Sturridge is leading goal scorer with 11.

Gerrard with 8 Assists.

Sakho with most POM

Highest rated player is Sturridge with 7.34

I have never gone so well in season 1, a 15-2-2 record.

e5102590ee2c9f2386db1331211545bc.png

Speaking of Merseyside Derbies.. :D

Sterling got three assists in that game, hence his high rating and Gerrard is still donning it at 36.

I don't play all that much anymore, but that's because of work, mainly. I'm going to try and get to January today though.

After 4 champions league wins in a row been knocked out in the 1st knockout round & looks like ill be fighting for 4th place could be a end of a era still not gonna give up but im 7 pts behind Chelsea 8 games to play

Havent posted in a while, however im in Jan 2021...

Won the premier leagus every season so far... its the one thing i care for.

However last Season i won EVERY TITLE! first time on this FM. And im currently on an 70 odd unbeaten streak in the prem!

Last season was the best my WHOLE team performed, i conceded less than ever and scored more than ever. Sinclair and Suarez although 32, scored 47 goals each, Sinclair did that in 43 games too. I havent had the time to upload pics ect as when i have PC time i would rather play haha! however I would like to upload the save so you can see it if your interested!

Hi Guys

I am very new to the whole posting on forums and such although i have been coming here to read for over 4 years. Please let me know if I do anything wrong.

I just started a new game managing Liverpool on fm14 this is the first time I am playing fm14. The last football manager I have played was fm12, although I did not play with Liverpool. On that occasion I started in the lower leagues with Solihull Moors. I must admit it was really intimidating when i loaded up fm14, good grief 'everything' had changed! I did manage to figure things out eventually.

Pre season went well won all my games except at home to Olympic marseille who scored 2 late goals to snatch victory. As far as transfers go Lucas is now at man city got 29m for him. I am waiting for the work permit of Lucas Romero who is the replacement. Anyway just about to start my season against Everton away. Wish me luck.

P.S Just got a scouting update from someone scouting central africa (looking for youth) and i noticed he hasn't found anyone in 5 weeks and feels his time is better spent elsewhere. My question is should i pay attention to this and send him elsewhere or do i ignore it, if the later will he still find players for me?

Hi Guys

I am very new to the whole posting on forums and such although i have been coming here to read for over 4 years. Please let me know if I do anything wrong.

I just started a new game managing Liverpool on fm14 this is the first time I am playing fm14. The last football manager I have played was fm12, although I did not play with Liverpool. On that occasion I started in the lower leagues with Solihull Moors. I must admit it was really intimidating when i loaded up fm14, good grief 'everything' had changed! I did manage to figure things out eventually.

Pre season went well won all my games except at home to Olympic marseille who scored 2 late goals to snatch victory. As far as transfers go Lucas is now at man city got 29m for him. I am waiting for the work permit of Lucas Romero who is the replacement. Anyway just about to start my season against Everton away. Wish me luck.

P.S Just got a scouting update from someone scouting central africa (looking for youth) and i noticed he hasn't found anyone in 5 weeks and feels his time is better spent elsewhere. My question is should i pay attention to this and send him elsewhere or do i ignore it, if the later will he still find players for me?

Look at Lucas Silva as replacement for Lucas Leiva. Also look at Nicosor Stanciu and Dorin Rotariu.

Welcome to SI forum :) I would definitely ignore it and let him continue scouting in Central Africa. He'll probably find you players in few months time.

Thanks for the welcome and for answering my question. Will leave him where he is then.

Look at Lucas Silva as replacement for Lucas Leiva. Also look at Nicosor Stanciu and Dorin Rotariu.

Thanks for this sending my scouts to have a look.

Lucas doesn't really preform too well for me so I'm gong to do the same and replace him with Silva. I heard you can get around £40m for Lucas.....?

Lucas doesn't really preform too well for me so I'm gong to do the same and replace him with Silva. I heard you can get around £40m for Lucas.....?

I am strugging to get 20m for him, like others he just does not perform for me either..

No replacement as yet, got no cash!

Only £22m at the moment here. Going to wait till the end of the first season and see what the bids are like then. Might loan him out yet to PSG.

Managed to sign Lucas Romero £12.5m (loaned back for 6 month) and Muniain for £28m - Only had £15m transfer budget but did the 48 monthly payments options. Also got sturridge injured for 7 month....Bring on Sinclair.

Only £22m at the moment here. Going to wait till the end of the first season and see what the bids are like then. Might loan him out yet to PSG.

Managed to sign Lucas Romero £12.5m (loaned back for 6 month) and Muniain for £28m - Only had £15m transfer budget but did the 48 monthly payments options. Also got sturridge injured for 7 month....Bring on Sinclair.

£12.5M is a great deal, he turns out to be immense. Unfortunately for me I had Rossiter in his position as well, so opted to sell for £45M making a £30m+ profit on him.

Started a new save...

I will be taking a slightly different approach this time. Will stick with young talent and develop them, try not to over do my squad with best talent, it got to much before when I had 80 players!! So slimmer team, nurse the young talent as best as possible, use them when ever I can. Do not sell players unless I have

The Idea to start my first season is to sell one player for a fair amount, in order to try get 3-4 high potential youngsters, 2nd season I will not be selling any first team players, maybe a fringe player or two, like a Borini (depends how he plays). I wanted to bring in young English talent, wanted the midfield to have a good future, better the midfield, better the supply to my forwards.

INS

Will Hughes

Jean-Marie Dongou

Ward-Prowse

OUTS

Brad Smith(Free)

Yesil(Free)

Sokolic(Free)

Roddan(Free)

Mukendi(Free)

Mersin(Free)

Bijev(Free)

Ward(Free)

Baio(Free)

Sama(Free)

Lussey(Free)

Pelosi(Free)

Trickett-Smith(Free)

Paez(Free)

Peterson(Free)

Teixeira(Free)

No players sold for cash, tried to sell Leiva but no one wants him..

I got 40m for Lucas after he requested a transfer. I spent that cash on Vidal who is younger, better and was transfer listed by request after I chatted him up for the entirety of my second season.

I am in my third season very successful with Liverpool in a mostly 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Lucas is my 1st choice in the DM position alternating with Gerrard who I have had great success with as a Regista. I have played Lucas as a DefMid but mainly as an Anchor, I have also tried him at various times as a Regista, a Halfback and a BWMid. In all these positions he plays ok with a seasons average between 6.8-7.1 but he never seems to hit the heights he has for me in previous FM versions. I have Rossiter now coming of age and as Gerrard is most likely in his final season I cannot make up my mind whether to sell Lucas in 2016 or keep him. How have you other Liverpool managers got the best out of Lucas or is that as good as he gets in FM14?.

Archived