Sports Interactive Community
cezar.sl

FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

Normally I play with Barcelona (a few saves, I know easy) and pretty much never buy many players or even talented young players, because Barca has their own which I like to develop. And they always last me through however many seasons I play a save (never more than 10 seasons). And that is my normal preference, to develop home grown players.

I've tried Gabriel Barbosa on another save and I'm not too impressed with him TBH. Quintero, is that the AMC from Porto? I'm intrigued by Werner and would like to try him. My favorite youngster is Carlos Fierro - he always develops into a goal machine for me.

I would like to give Liverpool's youngsters a chance, especially since most of them look good and are rated very highly in my save, but at the same time I'm itching to try some of the other young talents out there. For example, I've never bought Luke Shaw and Lucas Silva before, therefore I bought them on this Liverpool save. I think I will resist the urge and stick with what Liverpool has for the most part. If I buy someone, it will be mostly for the defense - Jedvaj, Byram, Chambers and Varane.

Played my reserves against Barcelona big mistake lost 6-1 since i already qualified

bff4bae4d31c69e9f6bb40f96676e4ab.png

Played my youngest side possible (McLaughlan and Ibe were unfit from a reserves game a day earlier, Canos and Noorlander were injured). They had absolutely no chance. :lol:

Finally got through preseason shall do a update either halfway through or at end

bff4bae4d31c69e9f6bb40f96676e4ab.png

Played my youngest side possible (McLaughlan and Ibe were unfit from a reserves game a day earlier, Canos and Noorlander were injured). They had absolutely no chance. :lol:

Great result!

Thought you quit your game? Still going strong on that 4-2-2-2 :)

Thanks! I'm just playing a game or two here and there until I can find a new team to play with.

Yeah, the 4-2-2-2 is amazing and is actually better despite the fact I culled a lot of the old guard at the end of last season.

Suarez will be on his way out if I can get a decent transfer for him, he's turning 29 and wants £350k/week.

edit: To emphasise how easy it is, got this after beating West Ham 5-1 with almost the same team who faced Alfreton.

96be513951ab54d2ed3c5670683852a4.png

Tactic that worked well in season 1 isnt working well in season 2 unfortunately

10ccadbae32fbd2aa873279ba69eca93.png

Suarez is slowly proving why he's worth £350k/week..

Lloris saved a direct free kick from him in the 90th minute too, could've gotten the double hat trick achievement :(

Season started off well with a 2-0 win over Arsenal, sure you will sort it glenn

Started again gonna use 4-3-3 & 4-4-2 like IRL will post my tactics later on

No mate, havent got a clue how to do that. I wonder if you can do it in FMRTE

Only way I know how to do that is name your manager a normal two names, then go on your profile in the game, right click on your name and 'set nickname'

Finished my first season in a winning way.

ebTcDv3.jpg

Beat Man United 2-1 in the Capital One Cup final, beat Chelsea 3-0 in the FA Cup final and beat Man United to the league title after leading them for most of the season by a few points. I clinched the title with a 2-0 win at Old Trafford on the second to last weekend! This is how the final league standings look like:

13h5jlS.jpg

These are my fixtures towards the end of the season:

mBZHOiI.jpg

And these are the player stats:

9y78K6X.jpg

I've already arranged the transfer of Raphael Varane for 25m euros (10m up front + 15m over 48 months), he wanted Key Player status and 105k a week salary. I'm still thinking how to handle all the returning loanees and talented youngsters from the youth. Brad Jones and Kolo Toure barely played and have requested transfers, so I will let them go.

I'll report back after the Summer window shuts down.

Managed to win the league in my first season. United took me all the way. I had a 10 point lead at one point, but dropped points in disappointing fashion, in games we should have won. The defence, which was so strong at the start of the season, became a bit of a shambles at the middle point of the season. The wing backs had disappointing seasons, especially Johnson, and Mignolet was consistently awful.

Going into the 2nd season, and I've made a lot of changes to the squad, been a real rebuild, getting rid of a lot of average players, and bringing in some gun players to boost the squad. My transfers have been as follows with a month of the transfer window left:

IN:

Victor Valdes - Free

Matej Vydra - Free

Sven Bender - £16m

Julian Draxler - £28.5m

Gino Peruzzi - £14.5m

Luke Shaw - £22.5m

Jan Kirchoff - £3.5m

OUT:

Iago Aspas - £7.25m

Jose Enrique - £8m

Jordan Henderson - £22m

Glen Johnson - £16m

PSG have also made a £29m bid for Lucas which I'm considering. I've brought Sven Bender in, so Lucas would probably be a back-up, but not sure if I want to let him go. £29m is a lot of money for a backup player though, so I might just let him go and try and bring in a young defensive mid to replace him.

Going into my 2nd season, my strongest XI will likely be:

--------------------Valdes-------------------------

------------Agger------------Skrtel----------------

-Peruzzi--------Bender----------------Shaw-------

--------------------------Gerrard-------------------

--Sterling---------------------------Draxler--------

------------Suarez------Sturridge-----------------

Not bad, especially when you consider that I've got Coutinho, Lucas, Vydra, Kirchoff, Sakho, Neil Taylor, Halilovic, Kelly and Annan as back-ups!

Just won the premier league (hope we do it IRL) as well as the league cup will post ss & a review later on

Season 1 review

League 1st

Fa cup 4th round

Cap one cup won

Overall

Won the league but just as lost 3 of my last 5 games after being ontop most of last season thank god i got there in the end will review my sqaud for season 2 wont sign to many the usual Hughes,Balanta a striker & a left back is all i need

League

29bo9zr.jpg

Cap one cup

2hn9ls1.jpg

Player Stats

2qnm9hi.jpg

How to solve GK "problem" in the beginning of 2nd season - keep both Mignolet and Reina or sell one and buy younger back-up (who?)? Have tried to offload Reina, but in this patch it seems quite impossible - max offer 4M so far.

What's everyone's experience with Valdes and is he worth megasalary he's asking?

Also: Real is tempting me with 42M for Lucas? 10,5 upfront, 31,5M within two years. Grab it or leave it?

And finally: should I sell Borini for 12,75M? What have you done with Skrtel?

I got Valdes in the 2nd and his been great for me. I sold Mignolet for £22m so that covers the wages of Valdes. I have been looking at Kevin Trapp but he doesn't blow my socks off.

On the Lucas note, I'd sell. Then I'd replace him with Lucas Silva, who is younger and cheap. Might even have enough change to bring in Reus...

So far max for Mignolet 11M and Reina 4M...

Options as Leiva's replacements: Sandro (probably won't get him), Sven Bender (+30M), Yacob, Wanyama, Fernando, Behrami, Javi Garcia (because transfer listed 5M) and yes indeed another Lucas, Silva (11M). Also maybe M'Vila (ca 12,5M, but enormous wages).

I sell Reina in season 2 I keep Mignolet then sell him in season 3 as you can get Stegan on free transfer in season 2

How much did you get for Reina?

After patch things have changed: Barca just signed ter Stegen.

For about 5 mill i put Barcelona under transfer embargo for 2 seasons like IRL & got Stegan for free will join me in season 3

Does anyone know how to get your manager name to be only one name like 'Ronaldo' or whatever? Skipping the first name last name thingy.

Give yourself a nickname.

Won the premier league for the 2nd year in a row now my next goal is the champions league will post some screenshots later on

Season 2 review

League:1st

Fa Cup:Rd 4

Cap one cup:Rd 3

Champions league: 1st knockout round

Overall

Won the league 2 years in a row & 1st time ive done it in this version wont sign many players from now just 1 marquee signing a season & the rest will be for the future next goal to win the champions league & get to title 21 before Utd get there

League

2v193l3.jpg

Stats

fyle7t.jpg

Let some long time favourites leave in this transfer window...

Liverpool_TransfersTransferHistory-3_zps9150cda5.png

Robbie Giles was my first player to come through the youth system to the first team.

Chirivella has been a great backup player over the years but as with Giles younger players coming through have forced him down the pecking order.

Jerome Sinclair was the one I did not want to sell but he was transfer listed by request as he wasn't getting enough games. As I am England manager again I also wanted him to be playing more regularly. (He has now scored 80 goals for England)

The fans and the board are not happy about Sinclair leaving and he is about to trigger a clause (10 league goals for his new club) which will be worth another 4.5 million.

On a side note Suarez is now at Notts Forest :p

Just started a season with Liverpool and could do with some advice. I want a RW for my team but don't know who too get :/ I've had a 15m offer accepted for Townsend and Farfan but somethings holding me back. Or would you recommend sticking with Sterling and pushing Sturridge out wide until a better option is available? Any ideas welcome!

Sterling in any WINGER role is brilliant, dont forget you get SUSO back season two. Though i did buy Quaresma for 500k start of first season, did ok too.

Gee it's been slow here in season 3 sold Suarez for 60 mill & signed Werneo who's been poor so far I'm gonna move him to the left & play Sturridge as my main striker as I've started the season 3 poor so far

Need a DMC (ball winner type) for Liverpool. Do you prefer:

Fernando 11m

Khedira ca 10-12m

J. Garcia 4,8m

M'Vila ca 10-12m

Mikel don't know yet

Neustadter don't know yet

Or has anyone had experience with Tomas Rincon in top international level?

After last year's disappointment of youth recruits, I prepared myself this year by upgrading all my possible facilties at the beginning of the season.

Come youth intake day, and I certainly wasn't disappointed:

57251cdc92186cf2cd88528b0d781b86.png

aa2d804ceecbe95b2ebf47ff0931b08e

No Sammarinese players this year, which is sort of disappointing, but I am definitely not disappointed at the players I have gotten in this intake compared to last season's. Only 2013/14 may come to close to that, having given me Ian Lightfoot who is another player potentially to be the best of this generation.

Michael Holzer looks like the perfect package (apart from that horrific 4 positioning, I will definitely be upping that immediately in the forthcoming seasons). Potential to become a world class player, putting his PA around the 190 - 200 region, I believe. Looks very raw at the moment, but a great personality and great starting attributes could make him one for the future for this club.

Other players who could be potentially first teamers are:

Seth Rowley 4* Potential, Star Premier League player.

Christian Gordon 4* Potential, Star Premier League player.

Hugo Ferreri 3* Potential, Star Premier League player, who bizarrely came from Nacional from the youth system. Something I've never seen before.

Need a DMC (ball winner type) for Liverpool. Do you prefer:

Fernando 11m

Khedira ca 10-12m

J. Garcia 4,8m

M'Vila ca 10-12m

Mikel don't know yet

Neustadter don't know yet

Or has anyone had experience with Tomas Rincon in top international level?

Fernando should be the best choice because of his age and probable lower wage demands than the others. £11 million is a bargain for him.

Gonna start again made a huge mistake by selling alot of players in season 3 & was in a huge slump wont make that mistake again will use the same tactics & sign mostly youth for the future the odd marquee signing or 2 wont change my coaching staff.Gave Skrtel a boost should be 4 stars not 3

Sabine, why are you bothered about the 4 positioning on a winger? Unless you're going to be retraining him to wingback of course.

Hahaha, good point. It's more of an OCD thing if anything.

Hi

Is Liverpool difficult or more easy for a beginner from Fm2014?

I've read that it's a real challenge to manage the team properly.

thx

I find it fairly easy but I'm not a beginner. Is this your first FM?

no i´ve played the Fm2013 for +-100 hours but i never managed a english Team only german Teams

I've been playing Liverpool on CM/FM since 1998 and on this years game, I can't for the life of me manage this team without getting sacked. Liverpool sack me every time in October-December when I try. I've tried 100's of tactics, even tried cheating with editor, giving me endless money to buy a super team, but still in the relegation zone after 10 games and sacked.

oot, would love to add some friends in steam, if you want me as a friend, please add Jaskiew

Just finished the 2024/25 season and have had my most dominant league season so far scoring 140 goals in the premiership

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-10_zps4374c989.png

Alberto Cerri once again leading the scoring ably supported by Julien and Geerts.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-2425_zpsedc69772.png

Cerri's overall record is now close to a goal a game and he has now passed 400 goals for me.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-alltime_zpsa123343b.png

I also won the Confederations cup with England with Jerome Sinclair top scoring with 5 (taking his England tally to 87 goals). After I sold him to Atletico he become top scorer in La Liga in his first season there.

Just finished the 2024/25 season and have had my most dominant league season so far scoring 140 goals in the premiership

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-10_zps4374c989.png

Alberto Cerri once again leading the scoring ably supported by Julien and Geerts.

Superb scoring season! what tactic are you using that is scoring so many goals in your favour

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-2425_zpsedc69772.png

Cerri's overall record is now close to a goal a game and he has now passed 400 goals for me.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-alltime_zpsa123343b.png

I also won the Confederations cup with England with Jerome Sinclair top scoring with 5 (taking his England tally to 87 goals). After I sold him to Atletico he become top scorer in La Liga in his first season there.

Superb scoring season! what tactic are you using that is scoring so many goals in your favor?

Hey everyone

just wondering how everyone plays Rossiter and Chirivella as both are developing very nicely in my season 2 but im never fully convinced im playing them in the right positions. I currently use a Half back in my team and have been playing Rossiter there and Chirivella as a Advanced playmaker.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed!!

05a6655d61d50c7919bc10abcbee4e05.png

So after a routine 4-0 win against Newcastle, Sinclair is the first player this season to reach 40 goals, in 33 games (with 5 brief sub appearances after 85 minutes to get that little extra game time, he scored no goals in those games).

Already won the league, 31-0-0 with 128 scored and 13 conceded. Next season I will be phasing out Lucas, Suarez (despite being incredible), Coutinho and Jose Enrique.

I don't think I've shown this before but in my last phasing out, I managed to get £30 ****ing million for Martin Kelly and Joe Allen. God Bless the Oil!

dc087bc5ea85102f75bbabc4cf439b23.png

Sabine,

how do you develop Sinclair like that? I mean what training schedule have you set for him and have you tutored him (and who was the tutor)? Same questions regarding Rossiter (would like to see how he looks, btw).

Good job on getting so much money for Kelly and Allen.

Hey everyone

just wondering how everyone plays Rossiter and Chirivella as both are developing very nicely in my season 2 but im never fully convinced im playing them in the right positions. I currently use a Half back in my team and have been playing Rossiter there and Chirivella as a Advanced playmaker.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed!!

I played them both as DM (Regista) with Chirivella being Rossiters back up until I recently sold Chirivella to Barca. They are both excellant in that role in my save (just started 2025/26 season) Rossiter is still my first choice DM.

Superb scoring season! what tactic are you using that is scoring so many goals in your favor?

532_zpsdf882ca5.png

I am frustrated again with the game. Started again, 1st season, Swansea first game of season I win 6-0 away, 2-0 at home against Palace, 3-0 away to Carlisle (cup), 1-0 win against villa, 1-4 against city, 2-1 against Millwall (cup) and now lost against 0-1 against Sunderland.

I seem to have created a possession tactic, using Counter attack, balanced, with shouts of direct passing, pass into space, work ball into box, play narrower and stick to positions.

x2 wb on support

x cd on defend

a midfield 3 of cm defend, advanced plm attack and a deep lying play on defend

x2 attacking inside forwards

x1 complete forward.

In the last game against Sunderland I had 60% possesion and 24 shots with 4 cc and 3 half chances. Any help will be appreciated. I seem to get a few one on ones, but they aim the shot straight at the keeper. Any help on this?