FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Into January 2024 transfer window, however the board have taken my transfer money :( I had a budget of 143m which was reduced to 1m due to "worse than expected financial performance". It seems we spent 400 million on ground maintenence. The new training facilities were completed which is probably the majority of it I guess. The new stadium is still a couple of years off though.

and mine too, Dan99. Two false 9s with inside forwards could work very well, something I haven't tried yet.

3bd0fd7bc434ab869fa1b4c76a24a218.png

I know I said I'll only sign English players but I unearthed this disgustingly talented player from Holland for £3.5million. Potential to be a world class player.

and mine too, Dan99. Two false 9s with inside forwards could work very well, something I haven't tried yet.

I know I said I'll only sign English players but I unearthed this disgustingly talented player from Holland for £3.5million. Potential to be a world class player.

20 aggression? Watch him rack up the cards! Insane player but

What is his personality? His ambition and professionalism will be important for his development. If those are not good, you will need to tutor him but that would be tricky because he has 20 for determination. I hope you have a first team player with high ambition, professionalism and 20 for determination also.

20 aggression? Watch him rack up the cards! Insane player but

For some reason, using the PPM Stay on Feet tends to completely nullify any sort of aggression stat. The only players who tend to get cards are my full backs.

edit: PPM meaning the individual player instruction, not the actual preferred move within the player himself.

What is his personality? His ambition and professionalism will be important for his development. If those are not good, you will need to tutor him but that would be tricky because he has 20 for determination. I hope you have a first team player with high ambition, professionalism and 20 for determination also.

Model Professional. :brock:

I'm not sure if he really needs tutoring because he's far too good personality wise compared to Sakho, Coates and Agger, if I decided to keep him.

He is basically the perfect centre back (low teamwork aside) to build a future around despite not being English, but it's worth it. 6'6, potentially all 20s in important technicals if developed right and I will be putting him into the first team slowly this season during cup games in an experimental 5 at the back tactic I'm developing.

Model Professional. :brock:

I'm not sure if he really needs tutoring because he's far too good personality wise compared to Sakho, Coates and Agger, if I decided to keep him.

He is basically the perfect centre back (low teamwork aside) to build a future around despite not being English, but it's worth it. 6'6, potentially all 20s in important technicals if developed right and I will be putting him into the first team slowly this season during cup games in an experimental 5 at the back tactic I'm developing.

Model Professional is a good personality - Professionalism = 20 and Temperament = 10-20. But it doesn't tell you what his Ambition is;). Regardless of that, I agree he doesn't need tutoring with that personality (and 20 determination). Otherwise, I like most of his attributes but this 20 for aggression is worrisome somewhat. Teach him to not dive into tackles.

Model Professional is a good personality - Professionalism = 20 and Temperament = 10-20. But it doesn't tell you what his Ambition is;). Regardless of that, I agree he doesn't need tutoring with that personality (and 20 determination). Otherwise, I like most of his attributes but this 20 for aggression is worrisome somewhat. Teach him to not dive into tackles.

I have been resisting all will to not look at his attributes with the ingame editor. I hope he does have great ambition though, would be superb if that came into the mix of his personality also.

Yeah, it's interesting really. Because if he has high aggression but high temperament, he could be an exceptional tackler and win tackles instead of going double studs in every tackle.

Finally making my way through my third preseason, tried earlier in the week but the game froze and I was sent back a month or so (game seems to freeze alot too so in season I'm saving my game weekly now), dont think I'm going to buy anyone but Danilo to replace Johnson. I am tempted to buy players we've been 'linked to' IRL, however unreliable, such as Brandt or Kovacic. Only problem is my squad is getting too big with my preferred formation having this depth:

GK: Reina/Mig

RB: Danilo/Kelly

CB: Balanta/Sakho/Agger/Lloyd

LB: Sandro/Enrique

DM: Lucas/Rossiter

CM: Hendo/Allen/Gerrard/Hughes

AML: Reus/Coutinho/Suso

AMR: Sturridge/Sterling/Wilson

ST: Suarez/Borini/Sinclair

Others: Alberto/Ibe

I really want to develop the kids so they're going to need gametime and I'm not a huge fan of loans but will sort a couple out in Jan, probably for Wilson and Ibe after they've been tutored. I even want to loan out Alberto and Borini to get full seasons cause I don't think I really need them. This is probably Gerrards last season of starting games before he becomes pure tutor/sees out his career and may move on Allen after this season for a more 'quality' player but we'll see.

I won the Champions League and Premier League in the 2nd season, Hendo won player of the year.

PL player of the year or world player of the year? Don't think I'm going to be able to get one of my players to steal the latter form the clutches of Messi/Cronaldo.

Oh, sorry. Not World player, I mean my player of the year. My Bad!

I really want to develop the kids so they're going to need gametime and I'm not a huge fan of loans but will sort a couple out in Jan, probably for Wilson and Ibe after they've been tutored. I even want to loan out Alberto and Borini to get full seasons cause I don't think I really need them. This is probably Gerrards last season of starting games before he becomes pure tutor/sees out his career and may move on Allen after this season for a more 'quality' player but we'll see.

That's my plan too. Just starting season 3, my side looks like this:

GK: Reina / Mignolet

RB: Flannagan / Wisdom

N5: Skrtel / Coates

N4: Sakho / Illori

LB: Enrique / Robinson

DM: Lucas / Allen

CM: Henderson / Suso / Gerrard

RW: Sturridge/ Wilson

AM: Coutinho / Assensio [bought from Mallorca in season 1 for £6.75m - I recommend if you are developing talent]

LW: Sterling / Alberto

F9: Suarez / Borini

I use this 4-2-3-1 away and in tough home games, and I've got a really attacking 4-3-3 that I use at home and in games I dominate.

Just took over Liverpool I saw they finished 13th in the 2014-15 campaign after they finished 2nd the year before and with no other than Rafa Benítez at charge. I thought it would be a challenge so easy enough to accept the job.

Suarez wanted CL football and left for Real Madrid for 55 million, Coutinho was sold after I got an offer I just could _NOT_ refuse from Man City. He is now the most expensive player in history at 87 million. Lucas wants to leave also but I promised him that I would get into the CL in my first season and that got him to stay for another year.

Reina, Alberto, Llori and Enrique left the club for a total of 8 million. Threw Wisdom, Rossiter (who has not enjoyed a good development so far.. down to 3 1/2 stars PA), Wilson, Ibe and Ryan Kent on loan. Hoping to put most of them in the first team in the future.

Brought in some bargains in Timo Horn (3.8m), Barbosa (4.4m), Telemans (6.75m), Jese (loan to buy for 9 million), Caulker (13m) and Ben Davies (11m). A couple of regen youngsters as well.

Missed out on Balanta for 3.3 million because he chose Marseille for 5k more money a week :(. The club got 150 million from sales but still can't afford any upgrades to facilites or stadium which is odd but I'm hoping to get Anfield extended in the coming months.

Suso will be taking the helm at AMC and Chirivella is currently backup to Lucas and is getting tutored by him. Sturridge, Barbosa and Sinclair will fight for the ST position while I hope Sterling picks up his potential as he had an awful season last year under Benitez.

Fired all the staff and thoroughly scouted for the perfect backroom staff to get me back in contention for top 4 and I think I achieved it with some good signings.

Lowered the wage bill from around 1.7 to 1.2 million a week which is always good. I've got 10 scouts extensively scouting for young players throughout the world so the future is bright at Anfield after a terrible season! Will update when I've gotten some games under my belt.

Looks like a got a tactic finally going had a good pre season & unbeaten in my 1st 10 games though lost on pen in the cap one cup so far no signings & just added a few to the staff hoping this will be my long term save

I got a transfer offer for Leiva from PSG in my first season, the value were 15M if i recall correctly, i didn´t accept, the next day Lucas made a transfer request, so i offered he in exchange of Verratti, they accepted, i got Gerrard to be the tutor of Verratti he became a beast a vital part of my team. This is my current squad, the second ones are the usual subs:

----------------Luis Suarez/Vincent Stuart (regen)

Tom Ince/Sturridge----Coutinho/Holtby (free agent WTF)----- Salvio/Sterling

-----------------Gerrard/Joe Allen---Verratti/Henderson

Luke Shaw/Enrique--Papadopoulos/Casasola--Agger/Sakho------Corchia/Flanagan

----------------------Mignolet/Fabianski

Wow, that is so unfortunate. He is brilliant. :(

Yep, hugely frustrating after the loan glitch. When he returned to fitness I gave him a lot of game time but he still refused to talk to me. Weirdly in game he had a lot of positive reactions to team talks and whatnot, and even positive reactions in team meetings, but still wouldn't talk to me. Ended up selling him to Dortmund and bought Musacchio from them a couple of weeks later for a decent price, essentially a trade with me gaining £10m which isn't that bad I suppose.

What do you have to do to get ranked as the best team in Europe ? On three season i have won three PL titles and two CL titles, and I'm only ranked as the 19th best team !

Liverpool probably still suffer from 0 coefficient points from seasons gone by. In a few years you'd probably be in the top 5 if you keep getting to the latter stages.

The 2023/24 season is finally done

Most pleasing aspect of the campaign was my strike partnership. Veteren goalscoring machine Cerri was joined by youngster Geerts and both hit 50+ goals. Geerts was bought as 18 year old AMC but his attributes seemed well suited to being a striker so I duly trained him in the role of Advanced Forward. He is now a natural SC and blitzed his way through his first full season up front.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-17_zps833d8762.png

JelmerGeerts_OverviewProfile_zpsf4561ec1.png

I have been turning down bids of 75 million from several clubs for him.

On a negative note a few of the old guard are grumbling about needing a new challenge and requesting transfers. I have already sold Robbie Giles (my only youth system graduate to make the big time and fan favourite) to Barca for 25 m. Jerome Sinclair and Chirivella have also asked to leave but I am going to try to keep them on.

I have returned to the England job after my brief spell as Brazil manager :p

Real made a 75 mill for Suarez i rejected it as i wouldnt find a suitable replacement would have signed Costa if he didnt go to Chelsea back to the season finished 2nd 1 pt behind Chelsea & was R/U in the Fa cup signed alot of players in season 2 will post my final squad soon

I think I have hit a wall in this save and I'm only half way through the third season.

Just won the Club World Cup, I have won every game in the Champions League (a very easy group of Galatasaray, Celtic and Anderlecht) and I am 20-0-0, 73-4 at the moment.

For the past few days or so, I've stopped on a home game against Manchester City and have just been messing around with tactics and looking to get the best result possible (not particularly cheating, as I have a real save where the team beat them 3-0).

But I keep on just exiting out of the game and I have been scouring every league to find a new potential save, because I just can't get through this season anymore because of the simplicity of the save now.

It may sound like a first world problem because I know a lot of people do struggle with Liverpool, but this is basically an explanation on my lack of updates. :lol:

The only thing that'll probably salvage this save is if I go all the way back to June (I have a file saved before I got a £40 million transfer offer for Hendo) and continue the approach of not buying any players.

Play Sterling and Coutinho as inside forwards on the wing, use Suarez as F9, and Sturridge as AF Attack. Working ridiculously well for me, I go with this tactic:

---------------------GK-----------------------

--------------CB---------CB------------------

---WB-------HB----------------------WB-----

--------------------------DLP-----------------

----IF----------------------------------IF-----

-------------F9-----------AF------------------

I think I have hit a wall in this save and I'm only half way through the third season.

Just won the Club World Cup, I have won every game in the Champions League (a very easy group of Galatasaray, Celtic and Anderlecht) and I am 20-0-0, 73-4 at the moment.

For the past few days or so, I've stopped on a home game against Manchester City and have just been messing around with tactics and looking to get the best result possible (not particularly cheating, as I have a real save where the team beat them 3-0).

But I keep on just exiting out of the game and I have been scouring every league to find a new potential save, because I just can't get through this season anymore because of the simplicity of the save now.

It may sound like a first world problem because I know a lot of people do struggle with Liverpool, but this is basically an explanation on my lack of updates. :lol:

The only thing that'll probably salvage this save is if I go all the way back to June (I have a file saved before I got a £40 million transfer offer for Hendo) and continue the approach of not buying any players.

I would like to know some tips on how to make the save that easy and successful as yours then.

I'm in the first season, in December near the Boxing Day madness of games. I'm top of the league by two points, lost only one game (unluckily away to West Brom) and tied 3-4 times. I just got done with a marathon of 3 important league games - home against Arsenal (won 1-0), away to Chelsea (1-1 tie) and home against Man United (won 3-0). So things are going relatively well, but I'm squeezing the results with a little of luck at times.

I bought Luke Shaw and Lucas Silva before the season and have canceled the loans of Cissokho and Moses. I'm playing the team in the following way:

4-3-3 Balanced/Control (used Counter vs Chelsea)

GK-Mignolet/Jones as G-D

DR-Jonhson/Flanagan as WB-S

DL-Enrique/Shaw as WB-S

DCs-Sakho/Agger/Skrtel as CD-D

DM-Lucas Leiva/Lucas Silva as A-D

MCR-Henderson/Coutinho as CM-A

MCL-Gerrard/Allen as CM-S

AMR-Sturridge/Sterling/Ibe as IF-A (PI Sit Narrower)

AML-Coutinho/Sterling/Alberto as IF-A (PI Sit Narrower)

STC-Suarez/Aspas as CF-S (PI Move Into Channels)

TIs: Shorter Passing, Work Ball Into Box, Drill Crosses. Sometimes I add Hassle Opponents or/and Retain Possession or/and Pass Into Space or/and Higher/Lower Tempo.

I've had Coutinho injured for 2-3 months (right after Suarez came back from his suspension) and he is a few weeks from a return. Ibe has had a few impressive performances as a sub in the Cup - he had a hat-trick in 6-2 win vs Wigan for example. Suarez is my top scorer, but I feel I could be getting more from Sturridge and Sterling even though they are not playing badly.

Play Sterling and Coutinho as inside forwards on the wing, use Suarez as F9, and Sturridge as AF Attack. Working ridiculously well for me, I go with this tactic:

---------------------GK-----------------------

--------------CB---------CB------------------

---WB-------HB----------------------WB-----

--------------------------DLP-----------------

----IF----------------------------------IF-----

-------------F9-----------AF------------------

How would you have the team line up in that formation?

LIVERPOOL SEASON 2013/14

Finally finished my first season as the Red's and managed to win the league! Was unbelievably impressive in upto the new year then struggled a bit more but managed to grind out results and finished top of the table with 81 points.

I disabled the summer transfer window and made no changed in the January window, as I want to develop the young talent we already have. (other than a few loans out such as Luis Alberto, Samid Yesil, Joao Teixeira and Brad Smith.

This was how the Premier League finished..

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages.png

The top performers of the season were as follows..

LUIS SUÁREZ

Despite only scoring 16 goals, Suárez assisted 17 and had a average rating of 7.54. He was also awarded the World Player of the Year for 2013, the writers Players of the Season and was named in the world and Premier League teams of the season. He played in the hole behind Daniel Sturridge as a Trequista.

JORDAN HENDERSON

Hendo had an unbelievable season on the right wing in a defensive role and was rightfully awarded the supporters Player of the Year award, aswell as being named in the Premier League team of the year and was runner-up for the PFA Young Player of the Year award. He grabbed 10 goals and 10 assists during his 38 appearances and went on to play every world cup game for England in Brazil.

DANIEL STURRIDGE

Studge was the clubs top goalscorer with 20 goals in all comps and was the second highest goalscorer in the Premier League under Robin van Persie. Sturridge also contributed 10 assists and went on to be a star at the World Cup for England in the summer.

PHILIPPE COUTHINO

Coutinho had a stormer of a season up until the new year and then went quiet all of a sudden. Despite this, he managed to end up on 13 goals and 13 assists in all comps. He was therefore named as the PFA Young Player of the Year and also European Golden Boy of the Year. Coutinho scored some screamers too including a 27 yeard free kick against Man Utd in the last few minutes to win the game 4-3 at Anfield.

SIMON MIGNOLET

Simon Mignolet kept an impressive 15 clean sheets throughout the season and was awarded the Premier League Golden Gloves award. He finished the season only conceding 33 goals in 36 games.

JOHN FLANAGAN

Flanagan put hard work in all season in the right back role when selected and has since been chased by several teams such as Swansea, West Brom and Aston Villa. If he continues with his good form he will take over Glen Johnson in the regular starting line-up.

This was how I set up for the season and this was mainly my starting line-up..

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven.png

Unfortunately, I exited the League Cup in the 3rd round against Spurs then got upset by Blackburn in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Hopefully next season I can progress further in these, especially the FA Cup :)

Objectives next season is..

- Progress the youngsters as much as possible such as Jerome Sinclair, Jordan Ibe, John Flanagan, Jordan Rossiter, Harry Wilson, Suso, Andre Wisdom, Sheyi Ojo etc.

- Reach at least the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League (small steps for now :cool:)

- The final of the F.A. Cup

- Retain the Premier League or at the least come runners-up.

- Build finances to eventually build new stadium.

This was one of my favourites of last season.. notes the 29 shotes and 61% possession :p

BrendanRodgers_NewsInbox-6.png

Elsewhere in the game..

- Everton finished 13th after sacking Martinez and hiring Martin Jol.

- Newcastle challenged for the Premier League all season then crumbled in April.

- Man City won the FA Cup and reached the final of the Champions League with Carlo Ancelotti, but lost 5-2 to Barcelona.

- Winners of their respective leagues are Bayern, Monaco, Barca, Benfica, Celtic, Ajax, Juventus.

- Most notable January transfers was Shaquiri to Chelsea, Vertonghen to City, Smalling to Spurs and Griezmann to Arsenal.

Just started the second season so I will post the changes to the club during the summer and so on in a bit!

Just so you guys know, with regards to the discussion on your young players. Determination has nothing to do with how a player will develop.

It's only vital because of other hidden attributes because they give a player a certain personality.

A professional personality, with high professionalism, determination and ambition, they will develop very well.

edit: I base most of my methods from this, really.

Hi lads not been on fm for a few months due to various reasons but thought id start a new save, anyway decided to give my beloved Liverpool a go. I will be using the FMC version as i haven't got loads of time although i will be buying a vita in the next few months so i can play it on the go aswell :)

After watching the exciting football we have been playing am going to use a 4-4-2 diamond and a 4-3-3 basically the formations irl.

I would like to know some tips on how to make the save that easy and successful as yours then.

I'm in the first season, in December near the Boxing Day madness of games. I'm top of the league by two points, lost only one game (unluckily away to West Brom) and tied 3-4 times. I just got done with a marathon of 3 important league games - home against Arsenal (won 1-0), away to Chelsea (1-1 tie) and home against Man United (won 3-0). So things are going relatively well, but I'm squeezing the results with a little of luck at times.

I bought Luke Shaw and Lucas Silva before the season and have canceled the loans of Cissokho and Moses. I'm playing the team in the following way:

4-3-3 Balanced/Control (used Counter vs Chelsea)

GK-Mignolet/Jones as G-D

DR-Jonhson/Flanagan as WB-S

DL-Enrique/Shaw as WB-S

DCs-Sakho/Agger/Skrtel as CD-D

DM-Lucas Leiva/Lucas Silva as A-D

MCR-Henderson/Coutinho as CM-A

MCL-Gerrard/Allen as CM-S

AMR-Sturridge/Sterling/Ibe as IF-A (PI Sit Narrower)

AML-Coutinho/Sterling/Alberto as IF-A (PI Sit Narrower)

STC-Suarez/Aspas as CF-S (PI Move Into Channels)

TIs: Shorter Passing, Work Ball Into Box, Drill Crosses. Sometimes I add Hassle Opponents or/and Retain Possession or/and Pass Into Space or/and Higher/Lower Tempo.

I've had Coutinho injured for 2-3 months (right after Suarez came back from his suspension) and he is a few weeks from a return. Ibe has had a few impressive performances as a sub in the Cup - he had a hat-trick in 6-2 win vs Wigan for example. Suarez is my top scorer, but I feel I could be getting more from Sturridge and Sterling even though they are not playing badly.

How would you have the team line up in that formation?

I wish I could tell you something that hasn't been told before. All I have maintained is tactical consistency, a lot of my players have kept fit and in all honesty, some of it was down to luck (like Barcelona having 5 main players out for the Champion's League final).

Your tactics do look like they're working, the way I have Coutinho and Sterling set up are as defensive winger/supports, but I'm not sure if that would work in your tactic with a complete forward/support.

Make sure you check out and try and develop either Jerome Sinclair or Sheyi Ojo. Sinclair is amazing for me, and is making me want to sell Suarez at the end of the season so I can bring him in as my official starting striker.

If you can fit him in before he turns 24, tutor Henderson with Gerrard to get the absolute best out of him. He's amazing for me now, and is going to take over Gerrard as captain when Gerrard retires.

It's only vital because of other hidden attributes because they give a player a certain personality.

A professional personality, with high professionalism, determination and ambition, they will develop very well.

edit: I base most of my methods from this, really.

"However, determination is always more important."

Yeah, don't use that article.

"However, determination is always more important."

Yeah, don't use that article.

Hah! I didn't notice that. Well spotted.

I personally think it's a decent article and has served me well, I would definitely love a clearer view on what determination does for player development though.

Wow. Looks like I've been brought down to earth.

Been playing this game series since 2011 and I've always had the impression that determination is a huge factor in personality and player development.

I need a drink now. :lol:

And the most important attributes to consider for development are Ambition and Professionalism, which of course can't be seen. Determination doesn't have much of a bearing, if any at all. One of those things that becomes "true" if enough people say it.

Unbelievable. I definitely need a drink now.

I wish I could tell you something that hasn't been told before. All I have maintained is tactical consistency, a lot of my players have kept fit and in all honesty, some of it was down to luck (like Barcelona having 5 main players out for the Champion's League final).

Your tactics do look like they're working, the way I have Coutinho and Sterling set up are as defensive winger/supports, but I'm not sure if that would work in your tactic with a complete forward/support.

Make sure you check out and try and develop either Jerome Sinclair or Sheyi Ojo. Sinclair is amazing for me, and is making me want to sell Suarez at the end of the season so I can bring him in as my official starting striker.

If you can fit him in before he turns 24, tutor Henderson with Gerrard to get the absolute best out of him. He's amazing for me now, and is going to take over Gerrard as captain when Gerrard retires.

Well, I've progressed a little further in my save and here are how things stand.

After 22 league games the table looks like this:

BNIFiP4.jpg

Here are my fixtures:

FHh015B.jpg

Player stats:

pzjqaqg.jpg

And my tactic:

i8SLFur.jpg

The board offered me contract extension until 2016 at the turn of the calendar year and allowed me to reset the season target/budget. I chose Champions League Qualification (same as at the start of the season), which gave me 9.75m euros as transfer budget and 2.1m wage budget (thus giving me 306k a week positive difference from the current wage spending). Therefore I shifted some of the extra wage budget into my transfer budget and ended up with 19m euros for transfers and still +116k a week surplus. I wanted to bring in some attacking fire power and set my sights on Kevin Volland because he is having a good season, he is versatile and he has 15m release clause. However, when it came time to offer him a contract, he wanted a Key Player status, 85k a week salary and some ridiculous signing bonus and agent fee (2.5m each). I decided not to pay him and walked away from the negotiations. Did I make a mistake? Should I sign him? Is he worth it? I still have couple of days before the window shuts down and can still try to sign someone.

I feel like I need to sign someone for my attack, because I'll be using Coutinho in midfield instead of as one of the front three and beside Jordon Ibe no one has shown quality to back up Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge in case I need to. Aspas and Luis Alberto are inconsistent and unreliable (I'll be looking to sell them in the summer to make way for Borini and Suso), while Sinclair and Wilson are too young still (they both have been given two appearances as subs because Sterling and Sturridge had small knocks for a few days). I need someone who is young but can be in rotation and make impact when needed.

I'm definitely going to splash some cash in the Summer on at least one big signing, if of course some high reputation player would want to join me in case I win the title or qualify for CL. I've read here that some people have managed to buy Varane after the first season. How is that possible?

Volland is not worth it IMO just because he always asks for around 100k and huge signing bonuses and appearance fees. There are much cheaper (and better) players out there that you can sign.

Gabriel Barbosa, Juan Quintero, Timo Werner to name a few. But when playing as Liverpool I tend to give Sinclair, Ibe and Wilson the odd chance instead of bringing in some unnecessary players on a high paycheck.

I signed Volland first season for something like £12m, but he was only wanting £40k p/w. Start of the second season he started asking for a new contract. He wanted £100k+ p/w so I sold him for £42m to Barcelona.

I back Quintero though, he's class.

Normally I play with Barcelona (a few saves, I know easy) and pretty much never buy many players or even talented young players, because Barca has their own which I like to develop. And they always last me through however many seasons I play a save (never more than 10 seasons). And that is my normal preference, to develop home grown players.

I've tried Gabriel Barbosa on another save and I'm not too impressed with him TBH. Quintero, is that the AMC from Porto? I'm intrigued by Werner and would like to try him. My favorite youngster is Carlos Fierro - he always develops into a goal machine for me.

I would like to give Liverpool's youngsters a chance, especially since most of them look good and are rated very highly in my save, but at the same time I'm itching to try some of the other young talents out there. For example, I've never bought Luke Shaw and Lucas Silva before, therefore I bought them on this Liverpool save. I think I will resist the urge and stick with what Liverpool has for the most part. If I buy someone, it will be mostly for the defense - Jedvaj, Byram, Chambers and Varane.

Archived