FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Started a Liverpool game last night before I got called into work. Had a really, really good start. Wanted to play with an AMC, in a counter attacking formation so spent an awful lot of money on Miralem Pjanic, but after a terrible pre-season, using that tactic I'm now no longer playing an AMC, but a 4-1-2-2-1. Coutinho on the left as an Inside Forward, so I could maybe play Pjanic on the wing as an Advanced Playmaker, I'd prefer not to though as It's currently working brilliantly the formation, so might have to train him as a DLP.

I've had 6 games so far.

Norwich (a) 5-1

WBA (h) 2-0

Plymouth (a) 4-1

Stoke (h) 1-0

Man City (a) 1-0

Chelsea (h) 2-1

Good start :brock:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd season...3 trophies...

Man City beat me in comminty shield final,,,Chelsea knocked me out of both domestic cups and benfica beat me in champs league 1st knockout round...lost 4-2 away and couldn't retrieve it at Anfield

EuropeanSuperCup_OverviewStages_zps23996a6e.png

ClubWorldChampionship_OverviewStages_zpsc9d6a811.png

The all important league retained...terrible start while new players Juan Jesus, Rues and Diego Costa blended in..didn't win any of first 5 games and a couple of draws near the end meant I fell over the line...

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-5_zps2ba8c934.png

great to see expansion plans go ahead...hard to build up cash..

AlanCrown_NewsInbox-2_zpsd1ef3d48.png

signing Germans is sooo hard because of their Career plans! GOTZE and MULLER refusing to talk to me, could've signed Neuer last summer on Bosman too if it wasnt for the annoying career plans. Neuer would've been my defence complete!

This. No matter what team you are, Germans don't move from their team unless they're unhappy or whatever. Really annoying.

Wonder if you are managing Bayern and can buy them then? Has anyone tried? Most Germans seem to want to play for Bayern, no matter what club they previously played for. The German talent is immense in this game.

Play like this all the time and we could really have a good chance of winning the league.

I don't want to get my hopes up because of how good Chelsea and City are, but if we can beat them at home in the last few games, then the title is ours.

I wasn't even alive the last time they won the league, this would be amazing.

edit: Need to work on their defending though, I would be so pissed off if it was my Liverpool conceding three goals. :D

To be fair, Liverpool probably would've won it a lot earlier if Michael Owen wasn't a treacherous ****. :D

Jean-Michel Ferri, Djimi Traore (Champion's league final aside), Abel Xavier, PAUL KONCHESKY.

Jesus, we had some terrible players.

We must realize too that wins vs Chelsea and City doesn't get us the title. City are in the driver seat the whole way, Chelsea follow them and we are coming through the backdoor without pressure on our backs to win it. We've got our target top 4 finish and that's brilliant with the squad we have. The title is in our reach but it's a long reach so keep expectations to a minimum guys :)

COYR

Gotta be honest though, 2005 CL Final....was a dream.... it came true that night I was optimistic and confident that we could beat milan even at 3-0 down this was the only time my dreaming/optimistic side related to footy came out, i remember sitting next to my cousin saying its ok its not over. lol one goal in the first 10 mins of extra time can change it!

Nothing could beat that as a single match... BUT winning the League as an acheivement is bigger and with the remainder of games is alot more possible than the 05 Final.

It is possible of course.

City have Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool away in their last games and get visited by a firing Southampton side. They're bound to slip up somewhere. Chelsea is the most worrying though. Mourinho showed today again that he's a tatical genius and he always manages to win the league somehow. And Chelsea do have an easy program ahead of them for the remainder of the season. I'm confident we'll beat them both at Anfield though IF we show up like vs Arsenal, Spurs and United.

IMHO, we deserve it the most of the 3 teams competing. Best football, most goals, best player in the league, 2 top scorers, 2 top assisters and our way of destroying our rivals is just immense. In hindsight, the dropped points at Swansea, Newcastle and at home to Southampton are really dreadful points to drop. Just imagine had we won the Southampton game back in september :(

Completly agree!

Anyway back to my save:

Won the EPL by game 33 or 34 either way it was down to second place Chelsea dropping points in their 34th game.

Won the Carling and Fa Cup's

And im in the CL Final against Porto who HAMMERED PSG 6-0 on Agg. I had to go through Barca.

Barca were at home in the first leg, Alonso missed a pen in the 50th min, Sturridge got sent off in the 65th and Jerome Sincair had to play as a Treq in the AM slot... Scored an 80th min winner!! he cut a pass out from Lloris to Pique and smashed a 20 yard strike into the top corner!! WAS BUZZING! next up Man City at my 60k Anfield.... LOST 2-1 first loss in 40'odd games!! Well next up was the Barca return at Anfield.... im turtling now. Send out a strong team and BANG! 2-0... Rothwell scoring both! he's so poor in the league but in all the cups he is phenominal! 3-0 agg was amazing!

Season 4...more thrills and spills...

Community shield secured on penalties

EnglishCommunityShield_OverviewStages_zpsa1fbf8e9.png

After getting knocked out of both cups by Chelsea in season 3 revenge was on my mind

CapitalOneCup_OverviewStages_zps6b0438a9.png

Suarez sent off for diving (2nd time this season!) when it was 1-1 in FaCup Final...City took advantage..

EnglishFACup_OverviewStages_zps0ede6a24.png

Went out of semi finals to Barcelona 3-2 on agg...so close of getting to another final...

League was very competitive..Spurs and Chelsea fell away near the end leaving it to myself and Man City to battle it out..

Terrible Fixture congestion at the end of the season..i was playing a game nearly every two days..

Had a very tricky run in

Southampton H lost 2-0

Chelsea A won 2-1 very late on

Man City H lost 0-1

Man Utd H drew 1-1

My chance surely gone....went in to last day 2 points behind Man City

C palace A won 2-0....all eyes on Wigan vs Man City....Cmon! Wigan won 1-0 and I won title on last day drama by 1 point...

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-6_zps357f53ed.png

4f9db5a90d9acd610fe47c4340fc9390.png

He wanted out because I couldn't promise him first team football. Will leave in January.

PSG are slowly becoming my favourite club - already sold Glen Johnson to them for £9.25 million and Fabio Borini for £24.5 million.

I now have a transfer budget of £149 million with the budget slider all the way to the left. Wish I could use it. :D

In fact, I might start using it -

The thing is, my only goal in this save is to develop a first 11 of players who make it into the England squad for a World Cup and ultimate, is not a You Don't Win Anything With Kids challenge by any means.

I chose not to make transfers in the first couple of seasons because I never felt the need to. The team in those two seasons obviously did amazingly and currently are at the moment, but I could do with a few players in the youth team and reserves so I can:

1) Create a tutoring program with my more senior players to develop the youth players into their replacements.

2) Using the raise in determination and hidden attributes from the mentioned youth players to become future tutors and captains.

3) Win the Under 19s Champions League and senior Champion's League at the same time with players developed from this system.

I will however, be limiting my transfer policy to the following, not to make life hard for myself, because only sadists do that ( :lol: ), but to stick with my overall goal:

1) Only sign players for the youth/under 19s side.

2) These players can be no older than 17 (may change it to 16).

3) Only sign players that are good enough to be future premier league star players (4* potential in this case)

4) I cannot spend more than the yearly expenditure for wages on transfers (projected at £69,652,596)

5) Buy British based players only. This means UK and Ireland and also joint nationality players (Jamaican/English, American/Irish for example)

I've got the chance to sign Raheem Sterling on a Spurs save in summer 2015 and wondered how you guys find him? He looks like he could develop brilliantly, according to my scouts. I'd be looking for him to play on the left wing mainly and cover as IF on the right.

Finished season 1

League:3rd

Fa Cup:S/F

Cap Cup:R/U

Overall

Happy getting back in the champions league should have won the cap one cup against Man Utd was 3-0 up & lost 4-3 after extra time Suarez though missed of alot of games but scored scored 30 goals in 34 games already planning for season 2 ill post my season 2 squad later on

After to Champions League finished (3rd and 4th) I have decided to start again and look more at the great youth team we have at the start of the game. So I've signed some good coaches and have taken over the U'18s for myself for the time being. Well until I find a new manager.

I signed a few youngsters to start with

Sinan Kurt

William Carvalho

Ruben Blanco

This was all after watching LFC tv last night and seeing Harry Wilson's goal this season. First time i'd ever seen him play and he looks like brilliant player

Really struggling finding consistency with tactics. How long is it before you all change a tactic what your using? I find I win around 3-4 games then everything falls apart. I know I need to keep a tactic in place for the players to get familiar with it but it's hard not to change it when your getting beat 2 or 3-0 at Anfield!

Also, whats the best way to get SAS in a tactic as in positions and roles, so that there most effective? I'm finding all my goals arecoming from Hendo, Coutinho and Sterling

I know! seriously excited! its hard NOT to get carried away! its been far too long. Im 29 and i have seen so much sh*te over the years! Antonio Nunez for example...

5-3... squeeky bum time!

6-3 Suarez Hatty!

I have now learnt to not check this thread until after I have seen the matches! :p

I was thinking of stopping my long term save but then the board announced that they had finally got planning permision for a new stadium so I am definitely gonna keep playing until we are in the new ground (especially as it will named after me lol).

I also decided to get back into international managment and so have taken the Brazil job. They are currently ranked 18th in the world so should be a challenge. England have remained no.1 since I took them there some years ago :)

A crash dump has sent me way back to June 2015 and I'm really annoyed.

I had played up until December '15 in one sitting and I got a crash dump when I cussed out the reporters. :lol:

A crash dump has sent me way back to June 2015 and I'm really annoyed.

I had played up until December '15 in one sitting and I got a crash dump when I cussed out the reporters. :lol:

Auto save, auto save and once more auto save. :) At least once in two weeks.

I have now learnt to not check this thread until after I have seen the matches! :p

I was thinking of stopping my long term save but then the board announced that they had finally got planning permision for a new stadium so I am definitely gonna keep playing until we are in the new ground (especially as it will named after me lol).

I also decided to get back into international managment and so have taken the Brazil job. They are currently ranked 18th in the world so should be a challenge. England have remained no.1 since I took them there some years ago :)

LOL sorry mate! got excited

Auto save, auto save and once more auto save. :) At least once in two weeks.

The funny thing is - I removed the autosave because I was getting confused with the extra saves that I have on. :lol:

No worries though, my pre-season didn't go that well anyway. :)

Finally got into a save and going into February unbeaten top of the league! Tactic I created is working wonders for possession.No stand-out star performers eith er really, just whole team is generally all chipping in

I'll post some screenshots this week hopefully when I get to the end of May!

Just getting into my second season now, finally managed to poach Shaw from Southampton after selling Enrique for big money to PSG. Also got Balanta returning from loan, Di Natale in on a short term deal as cover up front, Aurier for cover in defence as LFC have quite a few injury prone defenders and finally Quintero to provide another quality attacking option. Would have liked to have got a quality CM as Coutinho is injured for a while and Lucas/Henderson both seem a bit unsettled but with only £20m left in my budget not convinced I can find the standard I want. Started of the season with a loss in the CS to Chelsea and a poor draw at Newcastle. Suarez stinking the place out. I seem incapable of getting as much out of him as others do in here.

Well it seems Balanta isn't returning from loan. For some reason it keeps extending and he's in River's reserves unregistered.

Just getting into my second season now, finally managed to poach Shaw from Southampton after selling Enrique for big money to PSG. Also got Balanta returning from loan, Di Natale in on a short term deal as cover up front, Aurier for cover in defence as LFC have quite a few injury prone defenders and finally Quintero to provide another quality attacking option. Would have liked to have got a quality CM as Coutinho is injured for a while and Lucas/Henderson both seem a bit unsettled but with only £20m left in my budget not convinced I can find the standard I want. Started of the season with a loss in the CS to Chelsea and a poor draw at Newcastle. Suarez stinking the place out. I seem incapable of getting as much out of him as others do in here.

Well it seems Balanta isn't returning from loan. For some reason it keeps extending and he's in River's reserves unregistered.

Lucas Silva? Quality CM.

Lucas Silva? Quality CM.

By the time I came across him he'd already moved to another Brazilian club. They accepted a bid from me in November anyway but he wasn't interested in discussing a contract which is a bit frustrating. Looks incredibly well rounded without having any real standout stats, but being 20/21 I'd imagine he can turn out pretty good.

And now to compound it, this happens in the same game. >_>

BE3T8i0.png

351NmdH.png

Hmm he definitely looks like great value for money. Had to resort to getting Gareth Barry on a free as Allen also got injured aswell.

Finally Balanta has returned from his loan, good timing as my injury crisis has spread to the defence now. Will definitely be letting Toure go at the end of the season and possibly both Agger and Skrtel whilst I can still get a good amount of money for them. What CBs have people signed in here? Do any of our youth/reserve CBs turn out half decent?

Got tickets for the last game of the season against Newcastle in case we're in the running to win the league.

My first day off in over two years of work too. Well worth it. :D

gerrardsrightfoot, since I'm using the youth of the team, I can tell you that there is literally no centre back who can turn world class from the get go and you're better off buying new centre backs or bringing in younger ones and keeping Agger and Skrtel to tutor them.

I have turned Coates into a world class centre back though.

Try and tutor and develop the likes of Ilori and Wisdom, see if they can become any good.

I had hoped Ilori and Wisdom might turn out half decent, my system involves a very high line as such needs defenders with a decent amount of pace, and obviously both are very quick. Let Coates go because of that. I've got a few very good 15 year olds in my academy, one bought in from Germany is incredible but obviously at that age is nowhere near ready.

Archived