FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have yet to post in here for this years version, until now obviously. Finally plumped and bought FM14 last weekend.

Completed my first season last night, in which I won the league and managed an undefeated league season. But was knocked out fairly early in both domestic cups.

Stevie G went on to lift the World Cup with England too.

Transfers In:

Tom Ince - £3.5m (Blackpool)

Richairo Zivkovic - £575k (FC Groningen)

Ogenyi Onazi - £1.8m (Lazio)

Connor Wickham - £5.25m (Sunderland)

Ronaldinho - Free (Brought in towards end of the season for cover)

This was my team:

GK: Mignolet/Jones

DR: Johnson/Kelly

DL: Enrique/Cissokho

DC: Agger/Sakho

DC: Skrtel/Toure

DM: Lucas/Onazi

CM: Henderson

CM: Gerrard/Allen

AMR: Sterling/Aspas/Moses

AML: Coutinho/Ince

ST: Suarez/Sturridge

Suarez was my most influential player throughout the season finishing with 16 goals and 15 assists in 35 games in all competitions (16 goals and 14 in 32 league games)

Anyways, after that season I've now got to try rebuild what is, realistically, a small and unsensational side. The board offered me £40m transfer budget for next season, so I set about spending that:

Transfers in:

Victor Valdes - Free (Barcelona)

Valentino Lazaro - Free (FC Red Bull Salzburg)

James O'Brien - £500k (Celtic) *Regen*

Luke Shaw - £22m (Southampton)

Koke - £16.25m (Atletico)

And so far have had one notable transfer out:

Fabio Borini - £10m (Arsenal)

Also tried to rebuild a large part of my backroom staff as I feel too many of them are nowhere near good enough.

Pre season so far in season 2:

Dresden 0-1 Liverpool - Allen

Trencin 0-9 Liverpool - Coutinho(3), Koke, Aspas(2), Ince, Own Goal(2)

Liverpool 4-0 Stuttgard - Sturridge, Aspas, Suso, Allen

Liverpool 1-0 Sporting - Ilori

Lazio 0-2 Liverpool - Ince, Coutinho

Anyways, that's all I got for now guys.

Suarez only has gets forward whenever possible and runs with ball often as PPMs at game start. What other moves should I teach him? Move into channels and one-twos perhaps?

He has argues with officials too, which is super helpful :/ Teaching him either of those other ones would help I think. Do you play 1 or 2 strikers?

Can someone please enlighten me or am I just being tactically crap!! How does everyone manage your tactics during a match? What I mean is when things aren't going your way how do you change things to get your team back in the game?

I start with more or less the same tactic each game but I'm finding results very inconsistent at the moment, we play well but get beat 4-1 at home to Norwich then go and beat Everton 2-0!!! Sometimes it baffles me and frustrates the hell out of me too!!

So what I'm getting at is how many of you are rective during the match dependant on how it's going? Or how many of you look at the opposition report then plan your tactics? And if you change during a game what kind of things do you change be it shouts or tactics....or both??

Any kind of feedback would be very appreciated at the minute as I really want to get a long term save going just finding it difficult to get going on the tactical side of it!

At the min I play 4-3-3 with deep lying PM the 2 CM's and AMR/AML and ST sorry I'm on phone so I can't post a screenshot!!

Thanks in advance guys!!

I basically play with 2 version of the same formations. One is an attacking setup and one a counter-attacking. I choose which one to use based on the opposition but occasionally I switch at half-time if things are not going to plan. Other than I use subs and the odd shout to improve things during a match. On the whole though if you have such inconsistant results it poably means there a flaw in your basic tactic that some teams are exploiting.

On a lighter note I just had my first double digit win :)

Liverpool_FixturesSchedule-3_zps1d8e5274.png

Borini is an interesting one as I played him during third season and he scored a lot of goals on his own up front and then Newcastle who have an oil rich owner offered £55M upfront for him, so obviously I took it.

End of season four they are buying lots of players all for big sums, so next season should be interesting.

Glenn28 that looks like a dangerous formation to me! A BWM and an AP in midfield is a risky choice, do you find that the opposition bypass your midfield easily and run at your defence?
Nope havent had a problem so far only 1st few seasons i did lost only 5 games in the league all season have Hughes & Ward Prowse in those spots may change the AP to a DLP

Thanks for that GR3NDAL much appreciated,

so which formation do you use 2 versions of if you dont mind me asking?

sometimes it doesnt help because i can never decide how i want my team to play and when i do decide i think should i set my training sessions up to try and get the team used to playining that way?

do you tinker with training at all? or give your players individual tasks during a game?

i think i am guilty of over complicating things at times!!

Just started a game with Liverpool over the weekend. I'm a Man Utd supporter but always enjoy a good old Liverpool save!

Disabled transfer budgets in the first window to make the game more realistic. Setting up with a 4-3-3 with a defensive midfielder and 2 wide men. About 10 games in now, only starting to find my feet after a slow start. Drew 1-1 with Palace on opening day, lost to Arsenal, drew away to City and got thumped 5-0 by Cardiff but have beaten the likes of Norwich, WBA and Fulham to sit in 6th place in the league.

Also got knocked out of the 2nd round of the Carling Cup after losing in extra time to Barnsley!

Honda will be arriving on a free transfer in Jan to boost the midfield options. What is the transfer budget like in the first season on the latest patch?

Glen Johnson is likely to be the first player to be shown the door. He has been brutal. Recalled Flanagan from loan as Kelly was injured and he has been a lot more reliable.

Thanks for that GR3NDAL much appreciated,

so which formation do you use 2 versions of if you dont mind me asking?

sometimes it doesnt help because i can never decide how i want my team to play and when i do decide i think should i set my training sessions up to try and get the team used to playining that way?

do you tinker with training at all? or give your players individual tasks during a game?

i think i am guilty of over complicating things at times!!

Liverpool_Tactics1_zps1679e1ab.png

Liverpool_Tactics2_zps7e1f8260.png

The first tactic I use for around 90% of games (every home game) only switching to the second tactic for the toughest away games. The main difference is the Regista becomes an Anchor man so he stays more in the hole and the switch to counter-attack. Sometime I up the tempo or go for Hassle opponents if the opposition is playing possesion football.

any chance u can upload ure tactics Grendel for both plz with info on player instuctions and oppisition instuctions plz, im seriously struggling every save i do i get sacked by december, btw what u guys usually do with sturridge whatever i do he never scores and always takes 2 many long shots that also with gerard even with shoot less often, and can never sell johnson even with offer clubs for 5 mill, nobody want him , pllz guys any info is greatly appreciated

Training wise I usually just get them to focus on the role I want to use them for. One thing I am lazy about is the opposition instructions. I just got myself an assman with good tactical knowledge and let him decide that (he seems to do what I would do anyway).

The only player instructions i use are

GK destribute to defenders

P Move into channels , roam from position

I got rid of Sturridge as he didn't perfrom for me either. Johnson was actuallly one of my best players in the first season but then I switched to 3 at the back and got rid of all my fullbacks :p

Training wise I usually just get them to focus on the role I want to use them for. One thing I am lazy about is the opposition instructions. I just got myself an assman with good tactical knowledge and let him decide that (he seems to do what I would do anyway).

The only player instructions i use are

GK destribute to defenders

P Move into channels , roam from position

I got rid of Sturridge as he didn't perfrom for me either. Johnson was actuallly one of my best players in the first season but then I switched to 3 at the back and got rid of all my fullbacks :p

Grendal do you not have problems playing an AF alongside a Poacher? I have never had success in getting them to work together and end up going for a DLF or F9 instead of the Poacher

Well it depends on what you mean by work together. It is maybe not the best pairing if you want them to be setting each other up but my tactic relies on assists coming from midfield.

I have just finished another season with my Poacher scoring 59 goals so I guess it works :p

AlbertoCerri_OverviewProfile-2_zps8a29f6cd.png

Although Cerri's goalscoring feats was the highlight my defence was probably even more amazing. I dont think I have ever conceded fewer goals in a season.

LiverpoolvEverton_PostMatch_zpsce0334c5.png

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-11_zpse8682467.png

My goalkeeper also scored a great goal when I stuck him up front as a late substitute :) I think the keeper rating are a bit too low. Baby to get an average of 7.03 in the league after keeping 28 clean sheets in 35 games.

I am in my first season as Liverpool. In November and I am 19th with 2 wins. Any tips on how I should line up my team?

What system are you playing? What roles etc?

I reccommend throwing an eye over this guide

; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375632-Pairs-amp-Combinations-The-Complete-Series

I was having a bit of trouble early on because I was trying too hard to replicate the real team. I then set up with a 4-3-3 ( a DM and Wide men) playing rigid philosophy and standard mentality and it is working alot better.

Just coming to the end of my second season. After winning almost everything last year it's a bit of a downer this year.

Out in the quarters of the league (to Man U) out in the semis in the FA Cup (to Chelsea) and sitting second on 80pts in the EPL with 2 games to go (Chelsea 1st with 84pts and a much better goal differential). Big plus is I'm in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

Picked up a Brazilian AMR from the Ukraine league (name & club escape me) as I lost Suarez for 8 months with a broken leg at the beginning of January.

Big clean out coming soon, definitely selling Sakho, Mignolet, Sterling, and Garcia. A few others may also leave to make room for some promising youth. Not looking at buying big, maybe just a decent backup to Valdes (thinking Butland) and a new ST not too sure who yet.

Was annoyed by losing the title to City in 2018/2019 so decided to take revenge on them. Spent 130m in the summer (including 54m for Pogba), beat them in Community Shield and in the league at home in August. You are going down City!

And this will be the first season ever in any FM (playing since 2006) where I'm going to use more than 1 tactic and formation :D

what kind of players do you guys seem to buy or need in season one for the team?

i always debate on whether or not to send Moses and Cissokho back as i dont really rate them that highly to be honest, but who to replace them with??

should i look at youth signings or develop what i have already at the club? i ideally would love to buy Luke Shaw and a couple of others but cash isnt exactly great in the 1st season

all thoughts and opinions welcome!!

Started a new save, and already annoyed with Mingolet again. At the end of season one, should I go for Valdes, Akinfeev, or keep Reina when he comes back from Napoli? Don't think I'll have the funds to get ter Stegen.

Im in a similar predicament. Coming towards the end of season 1, don't think I will finish any higher than 3rd. Miglonet has been OK for me, but only OK, I'm not into Valdes' wage demands TBH so I think I'll try Reina providing his clause isn't activated. Not sure if Napoli ever cough up the £13M.

I already have 1 stellar signing for the Summer complete in Lewandowski who is coming on a free! :D

Im in a similar predicament. Coming towards the end of season 1, don't think I will finish any higher than 3rd. Miglonet has been OK for me, but only OK, I'm not into Valdes' wage demands TBH so I think I'll try Reina providing his clause isn't activated. Not sure if Napoli ever cough up the £13M.

I already have 1 stellar signing for the Summer complete in Lewandowski who is coming on a free! :D

I thought the same about Valdes so I just went ahead and got Akinfeev. Coming in on January 1st for 4 million pounds, can't get here fast enough.

what kind of players do you guys seem to buy or need in season one for the team?

i always debate on whether or not to send Moses and Cissokho back as i dont really rate them that highly to be honest, but who to replace them with??

should i look at youth signings or develop what i have already at the club? i ideally would love to buy Luke Shaw and a couple of others but cash isnt exactly great in the 1st season

I kept hold of both the lads and they are doing a good job for me. Granted I'm not doing as well as some on here and I started with transfer budgets disabled for the first window.

I brought Rossiter, Chirivella and Flanagan into the first team and found I had enough to get me through so far.

Goals have been my main problem in season 1. Sturridge has been injured for a few months and Suarez hasn't been doing it so goals have mostly been coming from midfield

I ended up finishing 4th in the league unfortunetly. I thought I'd qualified for the CL but got the news item saying I qualified for Europa. Checked the league rules to make sure coefficients hadn't mysteriously changed and it still says 4th place qualify for play-off. What has happened?

EDIT: Man City finished 13th and have yet to play CL final. Thats the reason so.

Imusing LFCmarshal ldatabase update BUT overall the same thing i do

well for me Il buy balanata and/or doria (you can chose one or both they come at end of season) so you can sell your defenders at the second season transfer and not worry about replacements

send moses cisokho back

use flannagan as lb backup and kelly as rb backup

sign Bazoer,reidewald (ajax youth), pugliese (atalanta youth), alberto cerri (youth cant remember team), sign gabriel barbosa, tielemans and zivkovic( groningen the one where adorjan is on loan)

Flavor signing for me is papadopoulos (schalke) and train him cm/d or b2b and see how he goes tackling winning the ball in the midfield then he passes it to gerrard or lucas hes been a monster no cards watsoever but so many interception

another flavor is signing williamcarvalho (sporting) train him defensive winger right along with hendo and unleash johnson as a CWB

flavour sell sturidge and try and win the bidding war for diego costa

Sell Reina, assaidi, if you can skrtel enrique and johnson (I cant seem to sell the fb much)

If you want english there expensive but necesarry I go for jake kean gk , huhges from derby and john stones and ryan ledson from everton for second season transfers ( these players will fill your lineup along with robinson and wisdom for the future)

I decided I wanted to buy Mitrovic... The season after he had moved to Bayern. Naturally they wanted a mint for him, around 50M.

I got them down to 30M + Sturridge, who I was trying to flog. Of course he refuses to agree terms with them and the deal breaks down. I can't stand Sturridge on here.

I decided I wanted to buy Mitrovic... The season after he had moved to Bayern. Naturally they wanted a mint for him, around 50M.

I got them down to 30M + Sturridge, who I was trying to flog. Of course he refuses to agree terms with them and the deal breaks down. I can't stand Sturridge on here.

got him for 45 mill from Scalkie (can't spell it lol) worth it scores a lot for me

got him for 45 mill from Scalkie (can't spell it lol) worth it scores a lot for me

Yeah everyone seems to have success with him, plus all my strikers are basically advanced forwards, they need someone strong to work off.

Typical Sturridge gets injured just before the end of the window so I can't sell him. I bought Kevin Volland instead, will give him a go, has solid workrate/teamwork attributes, which I like.

Yeah everyone seems to have success with him, plus all my strikers are basically advanced forwards, they need someone strong to work off.

Typical Sturridge gets injured just before the end of the window so I can't sell him. I bought Kevin Volland instead, will give him a go, has solid workrate/teamwork attributes, which I like.

Tried to sign him but he went to Utd in my save

Made a couple of signings before season 2 already. Brought in Lewandowski on a free. Gino Perruzzi for £20M, Balanta for £8.5M and Max Clayton and some young Argentine striker.

Sold Assaidi so far for £4M. Lucas and Glen Johnson will hopefully follow out the door as I am sick of them both

im unsure as to how long i can keep playing Gerrard or possibly play him in a different role maybe?

at the minute i play him as an AP (att) but i have Honda who is pushing for that spot too!

also as i have never gone beyond season 3 i wanted to know which of the highly rated youngsters reacts best to being tutored and who by?

Just trying to trim down my squad now for season 2. Sent a rake load of players out on loan like Coates, Llori, Wisdom, Chirivella and Ibe.

Haven't had any offers for Lucas or Suarez yet despite having reports constantly ask me about their availability. Rejected a £10M bid for Borini as I will listen to any offers for Suarez. If Suarez doesn't move on I'll probably sell Borini. Wanted to sign a left back but haven't enough funds to make a bid. Looks like Enrique will be here for another year but might use Johnson as a backup left back

Anyone here managed a long tem save keeping sturidge I know his crap in the first year of gameplay what about the 3 season in how are they..? most importantly did u managed to stop him from shooting distance

He refused to stop shooting from distance with me. When given a decent run he did alright for me, but that ppm drives me insane. So many decent opportunities ruined from him blasting it over.

Archived