FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Also, investing in training and youth facilities, as well as constantly searching for the best coaches will help the youngsters reach their potential.

They have randomised stats at the start of the game though, so some will be better for some people than others.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First team experience is the most beneficial to youngsters. As Jaskiew mentioned if you loan them out make sure they are First Team regulars (preferably Key Players). Also had them tutored of course and decided early on which role I wanted them to perform and focused training accordingly.

Yes. If they are too young to be tutored, loan them out. But only offer them on loan for 3 months each and only as key players (valuable player) because first team players are supposingly not played as often AI wise. There are also many AI managers who are crap, comes in with a first team loan but plays them like rotational players, 45mins or less, or they don't get many games. If these happens on a year end season loan, you get stuck and can only recall them during Jan transfer window unlike the 3 months one which you can reject another loan extension if they come in with one, that is if you are unhappy with the play time they get. If they are getting the right amount of games and you are happy, you can do a loan extension, i am sure the loaning club will go along with your request. Also do note loans extension, be it be your request or loaning club request, the AI manager may be deceptive, coming back on a backup or rotational loans extension request when the initial first one is as key player, watch that. Also do moniter them, how many games they play if they are on key player loans as there can be some crappy AI managers who loan as key player but hardly play them, again a year end season loan for these makes you waste their development for 6-12 months. If they ain't playing on key loans, they are better playing for reserves and tutoring. If no one wants to loan them, farm them out to your feeder clubs, especially those without real players, they will be played, but also do not farm out your young youth to a good reputation team feeder who is filled with first team players, he wont get played and will waste his development.

Also for the loans, loan to as high possible league as possible. Say there are a L1 and a L2 team coming in with key player loans, reject the L2 loan out to L1 team. Similarly for other leagues, other countries. It does not matter what ratings they get so long as they can get as many games as possible.

Star ratings for them may fall but that does not mean their PA is lower, their CA will still go up, but one reason star ratings fall is because as your team go on to a new season, your team's reputation increases and becomes a better reputated team, naturally all players star ratings will be lower, a 150 PA being a 3.5 star in 2012 may be 2.5 stars in 2013 and become a 2 star in say 2015.

The only thing affecting these players is their natural progress rate. I think they have a random progress star rating from half a star to 5 stars. The more stars the faster they progress.

A 170 PA youth with a half star progress rating will never fulfull his potential. At best his CA may be 120 or 130 fully developed if his CA at 18 is say 75/170. How well he does in loans and how often is he played also doesn't help much.

A 165 PA youth with 4.5 stars progress rating will reach his full potential real fast. Say, his CA may be 80/165 now but in 2 years of constant playing him on key loans or own team, he may be 140/165. 4-5 stars progress rates normally fully develops in 2-3 seasons max with maximum play time.

Your facilities and coaching also affects players development.

At the same time, your own team's youth junior coaching, youth facilities, youth recruitment need to be upgraded whenever possible to the highest, which is exceptional for junior coaching, extensive for youth recruitment,

top for youth and training facilities. Ensure youth setup catergory is 1. If downgraded anytime, request upgrade again.

The only thing affecting these players is their natural progress rate. I think they have a random progress star rating from half a star to 5 stars. The more stars the faster they progress.

A 170 PA youth with a half star progress rating will never fulfull his potential. At best his CA may be 120 or 130 fully developed if his CA at 18 is say 75/170. How well he does in loans and how often is he played also doesn't help much.

A 165 PA youth with 4.5 stars progress rating will reach his full potential real fast. Say, his CA may be 80/165 now but in 2 years of constant playing him on key loans or own team, he may be 140/165. 4-5 stars progress rates normally fully develops in 2-3 seasons max with maximum play time.

Where did you hear this? It's totally inaccurate.

Where did you hear this? It's totally inaccurate.

Then tell us what is accurate. It's always been like this all along for years.

A players progress rate is based on his ambition, determination, professionalism etc

With certain stats of these, one can make a predicted speed of player's development, depending on a rating based off these.

Progress rate is like growth potential, its the truth behind all player's development.

But you cannot find this out from the game, only through the help of third party programs, you will know.

I keep youngsters no matter what. My youth + Training facility is better than any of the teams the player could be loaned out to. So keeping him, and developing his skills at your club is the best thing to do. No point in loaning him out when he's not going to be properly trained.

You are wrong. Your team can have the best facilities and everything till nothing to be upgraded anymore but having your youth players sitting in U18, U21 or reserves just playing these games WILL not make them develop any faster than first team actual games with a lower reputation team. It will actually be much slower or end up they will not develop to their CA eventually if done your way. It's not about properly trained, it's about players development, it's more than just letting them rot in the reserves and hope they become good enough for first team. They need games to grow potentially. They need games to develop their stats to match their potential and match with their personality.

Don't tell me I'm wrong as I know I'm not.

The players only need a 20 minute cameo role for the "1st team matches" played to kick in.

I'm sure you know about Cleon and his "Ajax Development" thread.

You, in the first place, only started talking about this cameo role when I said you are wrong.

Having a cameo role like you do, is already a rotatonal to first team player, you said at least 20 mins.

What I meant earlier, if you do read properly, is sitting in reserves left to rot, hoping to see them develop in reserves matches, U18, U21 matches.

What I meant earlier was players who are unable to play in your first team, you cannot let them sit rotting playing U18, U21 and reserve matches.

If you can afford to play them in first team, you can develop them, may not be as fast but can.

You did not explained properly so you are wrong. You failed to see what i was talking about and your post and your point, having your players play rotational first team matches does not apply here for those players who aren't in the first team.

Some of us buy more players than we do and we are unable to play them all, even can't give them some minutes of cup game time. So loan way has all along been the best way for any player who cannot have any first team time.

I'm more than willing to play a game simultaneously with you, to see who's players improve quicker? I'll use my technique, you use yours.

What's the point when your intellect failed to see that I am talking about players who have literally does not have any chances to get any proper minutes within my first team?

I didn't understand due to...

Sentences, you're doing them wrong.

Just simple grammer error, unlike the n00b understanding you have of the game, doorman.

It's ok doorman, back to the game since you have shown others of your little understanding of the game in terms of player development.

Season 2019/20 Review

Another all conquering season. Man United were actually top for most of the season but they always seem to lose a few towards the end.

My highlight was seeing Sinclair finally find his shooting boots at club level becoming top scorer in the league and for the club. My other 2 strikers were also on good form .

JeromeSinclair_OverviewProfile_zpsedd7e5c4.png

Sinclair has also now scored more than 40 goals for England :p

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-9_zpsc0588668.png

Alberto Cerri has now scored 30+ goals for 4 consecutive seasons and Oualid Julien (37 goals and 16 assists) is still only 19.

It seems that Arsenal and Everton both got promoted back to the premiership oh well :p

Thanks for posting Sinclair. He looks brilliant. Were you not able to boost his determination with tutoring? I had him tutored by Suarez and his determination jumped to 16. He's quite inconsistent at 19 despite having great stats already. What training schedule did you have him on? Poacher? Complete Foward?

Is Suarez even a good tutor? I found Gerrard and Lucas to be the best tutors at the club. Sakho, Skrtel and Agger are also good.

He was tutored by Suarez and Paloschi and was trained as a Poacher initially then AF. I have reached a point now where it is hard to find a tutor for my youngsters. The old trick of buying an old legend to tutor doesn't seem to work. (I have Xabi Alonso and he can't even tutor my under 21's)

I had the opportunity to sign a 35 year old Ronaldo on a free but he still wanted 190k/week so I passed :)

Then tell us what is accurate. It's always been like this all along for years.

A players progress rate is based on his ambition, determination, professionalism etc

With certain stats of these, one can make a predicted speed of player's development, depending on a rating based off these.

Progress rate is like growth potential, its the truth behind all player's development.

But you cannot find this out from the game, only through the help of third party programs, you will know.

You're right in what you've just said, but totally inaccurate here "I think they have a random progress star rating from half a star to 5 stars. The more stars the faster they progress.".

The star rating you're talking about is only in FM genie and is that programs guess at their progression rate.

Had a recovery was 2 Pts from 6 games now I'm only 2 Pts off top 4 only 2 loses in my last 15 games lost in the group stage of the champions have prowse- ward joining start of season 4 Lucas will go as I fined him 2 weeks wages & is unhappy but my teams performance isn't affected

Sentences, you're doing them wrong.
Grammar, you're doing it wrong.

Haha, the irony! Someone whose only contribution is to act like a child and feels the need to correct the grammatical mistakes of other people gets them wrong!

Not wanting to be childish or anything, but it should be:

"Sentences; you're doing them wrong."

"Grammar; you're doing it wrong."

Haha, the irony! Someone whose only contribution is to act like a child and feels the need to correct the grammatical mistakes of other people gets them wrong!

Not wanting to be childish or anything, but it should be:

"Sentences; you're doing them wrong."

"Grammar; you're doing it wrong."

Looks like the mods will be here soon

Arguing about grammar on a forum... Jesus wept, get a grip. :lol:

I think I might revisit the save for the weekend, got plenty of time off and the sort, just need to get back into the swing of things I guess.

As I started pre-season again, I have been debating on whether to sell Agger for £15 million. He's on £80k/week and didn't get many games last season, but he's an above average tutor and asides from Gerrard and Sturridge, he's my favourite player in real life.

Suso will never reach his potential as his starting CA is too low and his doesn't seem to develop quickly enough even with first team experience. That wasted year with Almeria is a killer in game as they almost never play him.

Yesil has less potential this year and in real life his career is probably over after a succession of very bad injuries sadly.

Rossiter, Sinclair, Chirivella and Canos all appear to have quite high potential and can develop into excellent players if managed correctly. Sterling and Kelly are already excellent and Sterling especially can become world-class. Robinson can become a decent defender too if given some first team football.

you could get Balanta and or Doria for 15M and would spend less in wages, even if you bought both of them. But, I wouldnt sell him for sentimentel reasons only.

I have Balanta already and Doria is now at Sao Paolo and they are asking for £27 million for him. :lol:

I mean, there's Kyriakos Papadol(etc.) that I could buy who would also be an amazing tutor, but yeah, it's sentimental really.. I have always been like this. I remember in 2011's version, I refused to sell Nené from PSG because he was my favourite player in real life at the time and he ended up staying there until he was 37 on £85k a week but he still played kind of regularly and was a great tutor, I just couldn't get past selling him.

I have Balanta already and Doria is now at Sao Paolo and they are asking for £27 million for him. :lol:

I mean, there's Kyriakos Papadol(etc.) that I could buy who would also be an amazing tutor, but yeah, it's sentimental really.. I have always been like this. I remember in 2011's version, I refused to sell Nené from PSG because he was my favourite player in real life at the time and he ended up staying there until he was 37 on £85k a week but he still played kind of regularly and was a great tutor, I just couldn't get past selling him.

That's one of my favourite things about the game, just holding on to old, slightly rubbish players coz they are your favourite ha!

That's one of my favourite things about the game, just holding on to old, slightly rubbish players coz they are your favourite ha!

I love buying FSG moneyball type players like Bojan who have not fulfilled their potential and getting them to play well. I got Bojan at the start of the 3rd season for £6.5m and he been excellent. I haven't spent over £14m for anyone on my current save. I could get Luke Shaw for £40m but I don't like paying that much for anyone but a world-class striker.

Where are you uploading them to?

Trying to load them here this is the message I get:-

bwadders76, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

- Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

- If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I joined back in 2008 so I'd have thought that I have activated my profile.

Europa league

ieih.jpg

2016/17 squad

3yuk.jpg

Tactics

uigr.jpg

After a poor season where i finished 7th i decided to overhaul my squad with young talent & all the scorers in that final are no longer at the club surprised i kept my job as i said id challenge for the title start of season 3 so far in season 4 unbeaten in my 1st 12 games Werners performance in that final made me want to sign him i beat Barcelona to him as they also bidded for his services happy with the squad i have

Archived