FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a great first season 5 games left and secured champions leauge. though leaugue title is between chelsea and man utd not for me to reach. though I used a squad of 19 players all season! sold aspas and luis alberto after i saw them whining too much they went for pennies unfortunately.

worst part is bank is in red! around 25 million debt so i probably will not purchase any player for second season unless its a free one and i will probably go for valdes as mignolet is not top class in this game. but squad is maturing loads of young players coming through.

okay, so Liverpool (NOT managing them) got relegated third season in my save (finances are VERY insecure now)

but it means that the whole side is unhappy and up for transfer (Gerrard excepted)

so my question is, is Suarez still quality as an AMR/AML? and if so, what's the best role for him? (playing a 4-3-3 with Cardozo up top, so possibility to rotate there, but Torje at AMR isn't convincing)

Morning guys,

I haven't really got into FM this year for one reason or another so I decided to have a go as Liverpool, the team I support, to see if I can re-kindle my interest.

The first summer was pretty uneventful. A few players went out on loan or for nominal fees, however, I have decided to keep hold of Kelly, Flanagan, Wisdom, Ibe and Sterling as I want to use them all in and around the first team squad.

Incoming was Will Hughes from Derby County for 7m and Ryan Gauld from Dundee for just 2m. Both very good young players with plenty of potential. Gauld will more than likely be in the reserves for most of the season, perhaps playing if we get an easy cup tie whilst I intend to use Hughes in the first team squad as he will add some creativity in the middle of the park.

I am now 4 games in the league season and we have won all 4. First up was a 1-0 away to West Ham, Victor Moses scored the winner with a close range finish late on. Then the exact same thing happened again the next week at home to Hull City. Our first big challenge of the season was a trip to the Emerites to face Arsenal. I decided to go for quite a defensive formation and to play on the counter attack, especially down the flanks where I felt they were vulnerable. Two first half goals, one from Sturridge and one from Will Hughes secured us a 2-0 win, although the shot stats at the end of the game said we had had 4 shots and they had 22....perhaps we didn't deserve this win. Next up was Fulham at Anfield, another two from Sturridge secured a 2-1 home win to make it 4 wins from 4 and just 1 goal conceded.

We have also beaten Huddersfield in the League Cup at Anfield, I think it was 1-0 again but to be perfectly honest I can't really remember! We won anyway :p.

Next up we have Crystal Palace at home which is very winnable.

The aim is to get top 4 although as in real life, if we can maintain our good start and the others around us falter slightly you never know we may push for the top of the league although I'm not expecting it. Chelsea and Arsenal are both struggling at the moment which gives me an early chance to get some space between us.

Suarez is of course due back from his ban shortly, although I am struggling to get the best from Coutinho? Anyone got any suggestions? I have tried him in all sorts of creative attacking roles and end out bringing him off all the time for either Moses or Sterling!

thoughts please... in my first season i finished 2nd and then i won the league in the second season then my game did the update, and 3rd season 18 games in i was 15th and the team looked completely different, i didnt change my tactic because i had it setup exactly how i want, that season i finished 5th, so was a good recovery but im not the force i was in the first two seasons.

im worried about carrying on because i dont want to change a style of play that ive created, do you think i should carry on? will the tactic work again in the future? or do i need to start again now the update is done?

I started a career with Liverpool as my beloved Sunderland are just far far too poor on this lol Either that or im not very good!

Anyway im into February in my first season with Liverpool where I was going fantastically well up until January and ive hit a bit of a tricky patch. I was top until January and then went on a 5 (FIVE) game losing streak! Starting with:

Man Utd (A) - 0-2 defeat

Southampton (A) - 2-3 defeat

Tottenham (A) - 0-4 defeat (I did get 2 players sent off)

Fulham (A) - 0-2 defeat, FA Cup game which would have put me into the Quarter Finals I think

Chelsea (H) - 0-1 defeat

Obviously this was a tough run of games but to not get anything from the Southampton game or to progress int he cup was diabolical. Im blaming myself as the rot set in after the Man Utd game and the morale dropped.

However I appear to be back on track as I have won the last 2 home games against Sunderland (3-1) and Norwich (2-0). I couldnt have asked for better games to get back to winning ways as they are both languishing at the bottom of the league, Sunderland are 19th and Norwich are 15th I think.

When I finish work tonight I am going to try and get into the final run of games and make good on my promise to the board of finishing in the top 4. Im 3rd at the minute, 6 points behind Man Utd at the top and 4 points behind Chelsea in 2nd. Im 3 points clear of Tottenham.

In other news Arsene Wenger is under extreme pressure as his Arsenal side are 13th! My beloved Sunderland are going down by the looks of things, they are languishing in 19th place and Gus Poyet has been sacked with Sam Allardyce is in charge, if we Sunderland fans are thinking they are bad to watch now then god only knows how we would feel if we were managed by Allardyce in real life!

Im already starting to look at transfer targets for the next season and ive got my scouts all over the world looking for gems, especially in South America and all over Europe. Ive got Barbosa comign in from Santos when he reaches the right age (August 2014 I think) as im desperate for more firepower, Sturridge and Suarez havent played well for me at all and my top scorer is Aspas who has been superb, and Coutinho is incredible cutting in from the left hand side.

2nd Season:

FA Cup: Winners

League Cup: Winners

Community Shield: Winners

Champions League: Winners

Premier League: 2nd

pQEBJRj.png?1

Up & Coming Players:

U9O1YiG.png

Premier League top scorer aged 18! Cost £3.1m from Santos.

Cfk3q46.png

Cost £2.1m from Derby

wLqFmQm.png

Came through Youth System

7atcTVT.png

Cost £1.1m from Sochaux-Montbe.

Now next season will be a season of change as I sell most players over the age of 25.

Is there a glitch with Torres? he is transfer listed and rotting on chelsea reserves 2nd season and i got an offer of 4.5m accepted. his favoured team is liverpool but he doesnt want to talk contract? not that i need him, but i just want to see him rot in my squad :)

1!

I didnt want to make transfers in the second season just got valdes from free on the very last day of the summer window. then i saw phil jones got transferred to tottenham! in november i made an offer to him of 40M! 17m straight and 23M in 30 months! got accepted and agrred personal terms! is he worth it? he looks good, and I want some british? will sell skrtel if he joins.

Just to let you know, I thought I had a good pre-season! did the same as first season, but somehow when the games started i got no wins! for the first 5 games no losses too just draws! was going mad till i decided to train att. movement and results started to came. I kept the same tactics from first season maybe AI adapted to it?

Zieler is the worst GK i signed already 40 plus goals in 21 games will def sell at seasons end & may get Koval was gonna get him in Jan but he broke his leg so ill try at seasons end

I bought zieler too, making quite a lot of mistakes. bought his replacement but not quite ready to take over yet so i will slowly integrate him this season in the lesser games and try get him to a level where he will take over next season. I just can't seem to manage to get into the top 4 for champions leaugue, my team falls apart towards the end of the season and i seem to lose a major player every season because of it but i was surprised when i managed to pick up a player who is easily the best midfielder i own for free when i saw his contract exired and nobody else went for him.

eeebb432d034df04aa56c41c40e218c2.png

Posting my transfers now because I have no desire to sign anyone else unless I come across a high potential regen centre back.

Luke Shaw and Ward-Prowse was a season's work in the making, I unsettled them in the end and they got transfer listed so I bought them. Ward-Prowse will be back up to Gerrard and Shaw will rotate with Santon.

Verratti is replacement for the outgoing Henderson who I could not resist checking out to see if I could sell him and PSG came in with this awesome offer. He's on £92k a week over there now, a lot more than he wanted in his new contract and I decided to let him go.

Mangala is rotation replacement for Agger, where £15 million for him is incredible, I'm really glad I was able to sell him for such a price.

Same with Jose Enrique, who I originally accidentally put a clause on him for Schalke to sign him on a free but I decided to offer him out for his value and he signed.

A couple of changes to the team with loans coming back include:

Borini into the first team as cover for the attacking three, Tiago Ilori promoted as cover to my centre backs, Jack Robinson as cover for my left backs and finally Jerome Sinclair who will play in cup games and league games against easier opposition at home.

My new vice captain is Mamadou Sakho.

eeebb432d034df04aa56c41c40e218c2.png

Posting my transfers now because I have no desire to sign anyone else unless I come across a high potential regen centre back.

Luke Shaw and Ward-Prowse was a season's work in the making, I unsettled them in the end and they got transfer listed so I bought them. Ward-Prowse will be back up to Gerrard and Shaw will rotate with Santon.

Verratti is replacement for the outgoing Henderson who I could not resist checking out to see if I could sell him and PSG came in with this awesome offer. He's on £92k a week over there now, a lot more than he wanted in his new contract and I decided to let him go.

Mangala is rotation replacement for Agger, where £15 million for him is incredible, I'm really glad I was able to sell him for such a price.

Same with Jose Enrique, who I originally accidentally put a clause on him for Schalke to sign him on a free but I decided to offer him out for his value and he signed.

A couple of changes to the team with loans coming back include:

Borini into the first team as cover for the attacking three, Tiago Ilori promoted as cover to my centre backs, Jack Robinson as cover for my left backs and finally Jerome Sinclair who will play in cup games and league games against easier opposition at home.

My new vice captain is Mamadou Sakho.

Some good signings there mate, it does seem easier to sell players for a good price on FM14. 15m for Agger and Enrique is brilliant.

I started a career with Liverpool as my beloved Sunderland are just far far too poor on this lol Either that or im not very good!

Anyway im into February in my first season with Liverpool where I was going fantastically well up until January and ive hit a bit of a tricky patch. I was top until January and then went on a 5 (FIVE) game losing streak! Starting with:

Man Utd (A) - 0-2 defeat

Southampton (A) - 2-3 defeat

Tottenham (A) - 0-4 defeat (I did get 2 players sent off)

Fulham (A) - 0-2 defeat, FA Cup game which would have put me into the Quarter Finals I think

Chelsea (H) - 0-1 defeat

Obviously this was a tough run of games but to not get anything from the Southampton game or to progress int he cup was diabolical. Im blaming myself as the rot set in after the Man Utd game and the morale dropped.

However I appear to be back on track as I have won the last 2 home games against Sunderland (3-1) and Norwich (2-0). I couldnt have asked for better games to get back to winning ways as they are both languishing at the bottom of the league, Sunderland are 19th and Norwich are 15th I think.

When I finish work tonight I am going to try and get into the final run of games and make good on my promise to the board of finishing in the top 4. Im 3rd at the minute, 6 points behind Man Utd at the top and 4 points behind Chelsea in 2nd. Im 3 points clear of Tottenham.

In other news Arsene Wenger is under extreme pressure as his Arsenal side are 13th! My beloved Sunderland are going down by the looks of things, they are languishing in 19th place and Gus Poyet has been sacked with Sam Allardyce is in charge, if we Sunderland fans are thinking they are bad to watch now then god only knows how we would feel if we were managed by Allardyce in real life!

Im already starting to look at transfer targets for the next season and ive got my scouts all over the world looking for gems, especially in South America and all over Europe. Ive got Barbosa comign in from Santos when he reaches the right age (August 2014 I think) as im desperate for more firepower, Sturridge and Suarez havent played well for me at all and my top scorer is Aspas who has been superb, and Coutinho is incredible cutting in from the left hand side.

What role do you play Coutinho mate? He isn't doing it for me.

Some good signings there mate, it does seem easier to sell players for a good price on FM14. 15m for Agger and Enrique is brilliant.

Speaking of which...

64a7afbb3001d4b2d4576607101b91a7.png

Coutinho had an attitude with me and wanted a new contract. I gave in at the end but then I saw his contract demands and I just decided to sell him. He had a very average season for me and Lorenzo Insigne outshone him by a mile. I currently have Borini and Harry Wilson as back up and there's no way I was going to pay £185k/week for a player who is more than likely going to be on the bench for a lot of the season.

This transfer is also my second highest ever sale behind the £113 million I got for a regen in my The Strongest team in FM12.

Gonna start a new save. Hadn't played the save for a while and when I tried to, I didn't get the great feeling I normally do.

Wanted to do a 352 tactic, but don't really want to do that this save, I decided that I actually do prefer to just play with wingers and an AMC. Planning to buy the usual suspects but also get Tom Ince on the wing. Bright young English player. Have always wanted him since I've seen him going for about £3.5m to £4m ish. Only probably is whether I keep Sturridge or not. He's never really got going in my saves.

yonko do you make your wingbacks stay wider?

No. What's the point? They are wide enough for my liking.

Though Sandro is a good left back hes also to injury prone

He hasn't been injured for me even once, not even for one day. I'm very happy with him and will probably go for Danilo also from Porto as my right back next season.

SEASON 4 review

A great season winning the league by a mile. The youngest squad in the premership which will only get better. Paloschi was top goalscorer in the league but was outdone overall by his Italy teammate Alberto Cerri who scored 31 in 31 appearances. Will Hughes was top of assists and Nastasic my new star at the back.

Gerrard ended his playing career on a high captaining the side to victory in the FA Cup final. He is now on the coaching staff. This seasons FA Cup was probably the easiest cup I have ever won. I only met 1 premiership side and that was Stoke in the semi final :p

RESULTS

Capital One Cup: FOURTH Round Newcastle 3 Liverpool 1 (Paloschi)

FA Cup : FINAL Liverpool 5 Wolves 1 (Kelly,Sakho,Cerri,Suarez 2)

Champions League: FINAL Liverpool 3 Inter 2 (Nastasic,Hughes,Cerri)

Premiership: 1st Liverpool 94 pts 2nd Man U 77 pts 3rd Arsenal 76 pts

PLAYERS

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-4_zps04ccce69.png

Stadium expansion got cancelled due to no planning permision. Gonna try again but its a pain as it took a year for them to discover that couldn't do it last time grrr...

Also just had my first success as England Manager in the confederations cup.

ItalyvEngland_OverviewOverview_zpsc6a24f62.png

Jerome Sinclair has a record of 9 goals in 11 matches for England while he has been edged out of the Liverpool side by Cerri.

Continued my save last night and played just the 4 games. After my poor run I beat Sunderland and Norwich at home as I mentioned in my previous post. Last night it was back to being frustrating, 2 poor draws away at Cardiff and Hull (0-0 and 1-1) despite having more than double the amount of shots on goal and clear cut chances, Suarez, Coutinho, Aspas etc had very poor games. I followed that up with a 1-3 defeat away at Man City who are now on a sensational run after a poor start (Pellegrini was sacked) and now AVB is in charge. I finished my night on my save by smashing Everton 3-0 at Anfield so it ended on a high.

Ive got 4 games of the season left now, Fulham (A), Arsenal (H), Newcastle (H), Swansea (A) and its very tight at the top, I can still win the title but current form means I will probably fall short, in fact I can finish as low as 6th its so close. Chelsea are now top, 2 points ahead of Man Utd, Im 3rd another point back, with Man City 4th and 3points behind, they are level on points with Newcastle.

No. What's the point? They are wide enough for my liking.

He hasn't been injured for me even once, not even for one day. I'm very happy with him and will probably go for Danilo also from Porto as my right back next season.

As a matter of fact i signed him as well

End of my first season and were champions! Also won FA cup after a tense final against Everton to add to my earlier League cup triumph :) Looking to build on my team now but don't know where to start, Any recommendations on a keeper (potential young/backup) was thinking Butland? Also need a quality CM or two to play with Gerrard and Lucas although Allen and Henderson have progressed. Thinking of going for a big name striker too tofire me to the league again but only been given £40m so needing a few signings im going to have to do some selling.

Up the Kop!

End of my first season and were champions! Also won FA cup after a tense final against Everton to add to my earlier League cup triumph :) Looking to build on my team now but don't know where to start, Any recommendations on a keeper (potential young/backup) was thinking Butland? Also need a quality CM or two to play with Gerrard and Lucas although Allen and Henderson have progressed. Thinking of going for a big name striker too tofire me to the league again but only been given £40m so needing a few signings im going to have to do some selling.

Up the Kop!

Ter Stegen would be a good purchase if you can get him. Look for Goretzka if you need a box to box midfielder, all the attributes to be a star - may set you back £20 million but only 20 and so worth it.

Good luck.

Up the Kop!

I got Strootman for around 7 million after the first season, only on about 45 grand a week as well.

Got my funds boosted to £54m when I selected my season expectations, so far signed Papadopolous £12m, Khedira £12m, Verrati £18m (thinking a steep price but already missed out on Ramsey and Shaqiri to City and Chelsea)

Started a new Liverpool save, only signed Adryan so far for 1.6m from Flamengo (Good prospect and very cheap). By the way, I've been trying to sign Timo Werner from Stuttgart but I am having no luck at all. I know he's a supporter of the club but is there any way to actually get him?

Started a new Liverpool save, only signed Adryan so far for 1.6m from Flamengo (Good prospect and very cheap). By the way, I've been trying to sign Timo Werner from Stuttgart but I am having no luck at all. I know he's a supporter of the club but is there anyone way to actually get him?

I had him but he didn't perform, ended up selling him to dortmund later for £26m, he's doing fairly well there.

I had him but he didn't perform, ended up selling him to dortmund later for £26m, he's doing fairly well there.

Interesting. Well, I'll see what I can do anyway. Even if he doesn't perform, £26m wouldn't be a bad return.

I can't get over how many one on ones we miss in this game. Suarez is the main culprit, but Sturridge has his fair share of easy misses.

Also is it possible to reduce the amount of long shots taken? Even for players who don't have that as a ppm, such as Suarez, he seems to just hit it from 25 yards out a lot.

Summer 2017 transfers

IN

Jose Luis Diez from Real Madrid 42m

(18 yr old right midfielder regen)

OUT

Kevin Jacobs to PSG 20m (a regen I originally bought for 800k 3 seasons earlier)

Tiago Llori to A. Madrid 15m

Stefano Denswil to Newcastle 7m (bought for 200k)

Raheem Sterling to Shaktar 10m

Dan Burn to Hudderfield 4.6m

To be honest all the players I sold are very good just not able to get into the first team as regulars.

I also updated to 14.2 in pre-season and after a few games of the season I think my tactic is still working although my strikers seem to be struggling to score at the moment but as I said its early days.

Right Started a New season this time I learned the grips of the game finally!

basically I just sold Pepe to Napoli for 13M euros. 10.5M of it is over 48 Months.

Bought:

1) Will Hughes for 13M over 48 Months.

2) Nathaniel Clyne for 13M over 48 Months.

3) Ryan Bertrand for 4.5M over 48 Months.

4) Andros Townsend for 11M over 48 Months.

Cancelled the loans of Cissokho and Moses to save on wages and loaned allmost all of my reserve squad.

Currently just at the very start of First season in Mid October and leading the Premiership with maximum points. using 4-5-1 for away games, and 4-2-3-1 for Home games.

Aspas has been my player so far as I waited patiently for Suarez return from ban.

Thank god I bought full backs as I lost Glenn Johnson till X-Mas and Enrique out for 6 weeks.

Made a massive change to staff, probably lost out around 5M on Contract terminations and Compensations but its worh it I hope as now i got the very best I can get, escept I havent changed my ass. manager as I'm going to wait for better options as reputation increases.

I will probably be in deep red towards the end of the season, so the season next would be all about getting back to making huge profits hopefully CL will be there to supply those Injections. will probably buy 1-2 end of season and hopefully

I wont have to spend more then 20M ın total.

But for now, this season! going good very good and will let you in with updates.

Gonna start a new game & try to make tactics based on the great Liverpool teams of the 80s in which we dominated both domestic & Europe might be hard since the squad isn't that good but I'll try
glenn i would like to know what tactic is that (i am a contemporary lfc fan really converted after the istanbul final watching SBS early morning )

That would have to be a flat 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

As a quick update, start of january now, leading the premiership with 4 points. Saw Gaston Ramirez is transfer listed and got an offer of 9.5M over 40 Months accepted and sealed the deal, of course i had to adjust the budget now I really got a good young squad wih

loads of potential. though I cant even look at finance screen now :)

Luis Alberto got unsettled when Ramirez joined, I tried to assure him I was happy with squad but he wasnt having any of my polite talks so I decided to transfer list him. Shame as he was really performing but his call!

I brought in Jason Wilcox from Man City as an Assistant manager!

Edit: Jordan Rossitier is a back up for Lucas and has already played 8 comptetive matches so far and progressing really well currently being tutored by captain fantastic but he is not fantastic for me at all!

board offered me a contract, didnt dwell too much on it same expectations and agrreed to a contract worth 125k Euro a week till end of 2016 season, so far everything is rosy but loads of though away matches to come!

Archived