FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hasnt been much activity here lately havent played much myself since i got the xbox one

Thought that might happen after those pictures i saw you post :D

I'm struggling to get into the game still only managed to get to start of the 2nd season so far.

Came 6th last season beaten everton to the position on the final day of the season. Last seasons ins and outs were

In: Timo werner, dennis diekmeier, will hughes, keisuke honda and didier drogba for a combined total of £19m

Out was glenn johnson for £23m and a whole mess of loans.

This season i've reshaped a lot of the squad.

In: Ron-Robert zieler, lewis holtby, andre ayew, james warde-prowse and alexander kacaniklic for a combined total of £47m

Out was Reina, lucas, skrtel, assaidi and borini for a total of £53.57m

Hoping to get closer to 4th this time around.

After winning the Champions League in season 2017-18, what more could I do? I lost the league cup final on penalties V Tottenham, i lost the league on the last day of the season by drawing 1-1 away to Norwich. I will just keep going to see if i can maybe do the treble or more.

I am midway through 2018-19, I won the Super Cup V Shakhtar Donestk 2-0, and also won World Club Cup Championship 3-1 V Corinthians

I also believe the regens are far too good, i'll post a couple that are coming through

Paride Abeni - signed 2016-17 - £38.5m

c25ddd1c588a2680484368248363609d.png

Santos - signed 2015-16 - £17.5m

eae86d21f1471bc959bc2ec43cae8c8e.png

Alberto Sanchez - signed 2018-19 - £28m

876908c2b3bbb77e4eeb853767dda972.png

Leonardo Jerez - signed 2015-16 - £4m

c0d31c15ae2806c6724a9b1b238ea876.png

Christian Cejas - signed 2014-15 - £9m

6da37f4e7882c624f397e37e3e597ea4.png

there are a few more, but it seems finding future potential stars at 4 star + and then just training them properly will see you win a lot easier. but in general, i believe regens are far too good

Drogba is my leading scorer so far this season, 6 goals in 5 appearances. suarez and hendo both have 5 each suarez on 10 appearances hendo on 9 iago aspas has also scored 4 goals in 2 games.

Edit: Also sold sturridge and brought in jonathan viera and luke shaw.

Just played one of my regens i got last year in a europa group match, i had already qualified so i gave him a game to rest drogba. 16 year old, scored a hat-trick also becoming yongest goalscorer in the process.

Sell him at the first chance you get if you ask me.

Hardy kept scoring after that hat-trick in the europa so i kept playing him 12 goals in his debut season at the age of 16 also got 6 assists. The future is bright for this kid. Jordan henderson has been my best performer this season by a long way with an average rating of 8.04 scoring 13 goals and 17 assists, suarez scored 21 goals and 16 assists averaging 7.09

Well, it turns out 10 times is the charm, finally have my LFC team playing how I want them to. Unbeaten in the league at the end of October (best result an 8-nil thrashing of Crystal Palace, plus a win over Man U and draw with Tottenham). Scraping through the league cup but still getting the wins. Will post more info tonight when I get home. For those who are struggling, keep at it, persistence pays off!

So I am currently in February, having trouble getting my strikers scoring, or anyone for that matter.

Top 6 Scorers as of 17th Feb (League Only)

Coutinho 8 in 20 games

Gerrard 6 in 19 games

Suarez 5 in 16 games

Sterling 5 in 21 games

Sakho 4 in 23 games

Pogba 3 in 25 games

Only won 3 of the last 13 league games :( Sitting 9th.

Shots on Target/90mins ---- Total Shots ---- Apps

Suarez 1.83 ---- 80 ---- 16

Sturridge 1.74 ---- 86 ---- 21

Pogba 1.56 ---- 116 ---- 25

Coutinho 1.53 ---- 65 ---- 20

Gerrard 1.51 ---- 80 ---- 19

(Everyone else under 1.10)

Managed to get to the champions league final by a series of lucky wins and good performances but lost that to manchester united 2-1 AET. Timo werner was the competitions leading scorer with 8 goals and lewis holtby 8 assists (both in my squad)

Bad start in the league resulted in my ending up 5th, just 3 points from 4th so no champions league next season, leading goalscorer in all competitions was timo werner with 26 goals, suarez came 2nd with 23 and 3rd was jordan henderson on 12. Suarez, werner and holtby all had 15 assists each while james ward-prowse had 11. The season could of been better but it could also have been much worse, rather pleased with my champions league run and will try get back into it next season.

Half-way through my first season, using the 5-3-2 and sitting fourth. My goal is to get into the Champions League for next season. Just lost Henderson for four months though, and I've missed out on Cerri, Barbosa, and now Lewandowski. Pretty upset about that, I have Werner, but not sure who my fourth striker would be for next season as I think I will sell Aspas after season one. Any suggestions on a decent striker, and also another RWB to cover for Johnson?

Dennis diekmeier for RB, should come fairly cheaply as for a striker, maybe morata or jese from Real madrid?

Thanks, but I lost Mingolet and Jones to long term injuries about two days apart, and then lost three straight and had a draw so I'm going to start over. I'm thinking about using a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation this time around, anyone had any success with it?

Season 1 Review 2013/14

Finally finished first season and it was pretty good overall.

League Cup: Final WON 2-1 vs Chelsea (Iago Aspas 2)

FA Cup: 5th Round Lost Arsenal 4-2 (Sterling,Coutunho)

Premier League : 2nd 80pts (1st Manchester United 82pts)

It was nice to win some silverware in the first season and we actually came close to piping Man U for the title. 1 point behind them on the last day and they drew, however we suffered our biggest loss of the season on the last match going down 3-0 at Newcastle.

Suarez was top scorer in the premiership with 19 league goals with Aspas second on 18. Aspas was the teams top scorer though. No player really shone with numerous injuries affecting the best players. Gerrard missed half the season.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven_zps666311b2.png

TRANSFERS

Mid season I sold Sturridge and brought in Paloschi and Honda.

Now in pre-season and made a few changes basically selling Lucas and bringing in Shaw with the money.

Liverpool_TransfersTransferHistory_zps74aa9c67.png

However I do not know if I am doing something wrong but EVERY time a make a bid the transfer story is leaked and this has often meant I have lost my main targets including Ter Stegen (went to Barcalona after the transfer was leaked)

Mate you got bullied in selling Lucas and buying Shaw. I turned down a £42m bid for Lucas from Madrid at the end of season 1.

I don't know why everyone seems to sell him. He is one of the best midfielders in the game and absolutely excels at the DLP/D role, I cannot find a suitable replacement midfielder that has the tackling, passing and creativity to match.

Maybe his 2 reds and 12 yellows in 30 games put me off Lucas a bit and I did need cover at left back. Anyway before the season kicked an offer I couldn't refuse came up as Man City offered me Yaya Toure for 13million. I normally dont go for players of that age but thats a 5 star bargain! His wage demands were of course stupidly high but I figured its worth it.

I also got Valdes on a free so Mignolet will have to do better to keep his place :)

Shaw got all stroppy with me because i rejected a bit from city for him and requested a transfer. Coutinho has also done that and has left for shakthar, the board are apparently not going to renew my contract despite me being in 5th (overall goal this season is europa league) only 3 points from 4th.

Playing shaw in the league cup semi final on 73% condition in the hope he gets injured and fails his city medical.

Whatever possessed you to offer toure 210k per week?

God Damn! That's so much. I can't even handle players being near 70 to 80k, except for Gerrard coz I expect him to retire in a 2 or 3 seasons and he wouldn't budge.

Is Toure also on like 20k appearances fee etc?

hello people in the year 2021 july and each year getting harder and harder never spent any money in the prievious

year as I did not need any one carried over 121 million and ended the year with 35 million suso is worth 39 mil now that we won

the champions league and finished 3rd have got an upgrade to 52000 odd for the august 2022 ,its not easy this as people are saying this is to easy

the more years you play it gets harder as the board want top 4 finish then the title and balancing the player fees ,I know I will struggle if I sell suso .

but there wages are so demanding

Just starting a Liverpool save, I've spent hours trying to replace most of the staff.

I was using Francisco Ayestaran as the AssMan in 2013, but he is unavailable now, any suggestions?

I'm pleased it is easier to find U18 staff, Borrell is going to be hard to replace in the next DB update.

David O'Leary happy to be my U18 manager

Valdes is on 140k and Toure is on 210k

That is too much imo, a total of £350k a week on a couple of players in their thirties is pretty bonkers.

For a GK, Ter Stegen has accepted just £35k a week from me for about a £6m transfer fee, much better value for money in my opinion

That is too much imo, a total of £350k a week on a couple of players in their thirties is pretty bonkers.

For a GK, Ter Stegen has accepted just £35k a week from me for about a £6m transfer fee, much better value for money in my opinion

I did try to buy Ter Stegen but transfer story leaked, Barca sweep in and he is off to sunny Spain. This has happened to me several times so far.

Makes me think it would be worth putting in a bid for him after season one then. I'm in October season one and he just signed a new three year deal with Madrid.
Might get him for free in Jan of season 1 if he doesnt renew with Real

I was hoping that by scouting him he wouldn't renew his deal, but he did. Also, Lewandoski renewed with Dortmund, which was surprising, but I will most likely go for Werner in the summer instead.
Lewandoski one is a bug in my save hes set to Join Bayern

Started season 2.

Got Barcelona, Inter and Monaco in my CL group, quite scary. Had goals on 90+ minutes in the first three PL games (2:1, 2:1, 1:1).

Had a very busy window

In:

Bakkali 11m

Akinfeev 0m

Berardi 4.4m

Balanta 10.5m

Papadopoulos 11m

Nyom 0m

Wanyama 16m

Shaw 20m

8 regens for 19m

95m spent

Out:

Henderson 6m

Affelay 3m

Toure 300k

Borini 10m

Skrtel 7.5m

Reina 10m

Aspas 8m

Alberto 3.6m

Kelly 7m

55m received

Was about to buy Bernard for 15m but had to pay 8.5m more to buy his agent's share, screw that!

unbeaten at home and have won 0 games away from home (I'm a the start of Nov, 1st season). Suppose I can't do the Rogders 'perfect plan A' idea.

Signed

Adan (free)

Diama (3.5m release clause)

Cerri (550k)

Kivovkic (850k)

Barbosa (loaned back)

Honda (coming Jan

Released most of the awful youngsters as I noticed that they were stealing games from the more promising players but will have to wait to see if that works

This thread is seriously dying, which is a shame as for FM13 i was a regular reader of it. So I thought I'd add to the thread this year.

Ah. I had a dream about FM. I had signed that awesome 16 year old Croatian defender who is at Roma (I believe) and who is gonna be awesome. Haven't played FM for a few days but gonna get back into it hopefully. Have you seen improvements after the patch?

I'm still torn between starting again after the patch or not even though I'm only one game into the current save but it was a loss which shouldn't have happened lol.

Ok I've decided I will start again coz I had too many midfielders after! Signing Matuidi AND Bender isn't ideal as I still have Lucas.

unbeaten at home and have won 0 games away from home (I'm a the start of Nov, 1st season). Suppose I can't do the Rogders 'perfect plan A' idea.

Signed

Adan (free)

Diama (3.5m release clause)

Cerri (550k)

Kivovkic (850k)

Barbosa (loaned back)

Honda (coming Jan

Released most of the awful youngsters as I noticed that they were stealing games from the more promising players but will have to wait to see if that works

This thread is seriously dying, which is a shame as for FM13 i was a regular reader of it. So I thought I'd add to the thread this year.

Yep it isnt active as its been in recent years sad really some regulars dont even post anymore but ive been posting on them since ive been playing CM/FM even if i had my own thread id still be active here

This years version is the hardest I've played FM 13 took me nearly 6 weeks to get a good save going was gonna give up but I'm not I'm sure I'll get one going soon

I know what you mean mate. Not even gotten to December yet coz the team doesn't play well but hopefully this patch has helped with that. But gotta keep tryin!

Seems like in the new patch, can't sell Agger for £25m or Johnson for £27m :(

Archived