FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

After finishing 4th last season, I started season 2017-2018 today

Notable transfers,

Out:

Lucas - £20m

Gerrard - retired

Suso - £1.8m

Ojo - £900k

In:

Papadopulous - £38m

I have signed a good few regens, so not worth mentioning

My first game of the season was away to Fulham. I went out with an attacking formation and found myself with an early lead. They soon equalised. Half time 1-1. I made a couple of changes. We scored early on in the 2nd half, 1-2. After making the last of my 3 changes, i found myself down to 9 players. 2 of my players injured, including debut sub, Papadopulous! I couldn't believe it. Went all out defending, and sure enough, 88th minute, they equalise. I tried changing a few things and seen 4 minutes injury time come up. Clock clocked down 90, 91, 92, 93, then the key clip came to show the end of the game.......

http://gyazo.com/eccb650cfdc07462f9ec4a1b6198a8ed.png

Last minute winner!!! Buzzing!!! lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was going to keep Enrique as well, try and let him work his way into the team, its an area where I do think needs improving, and having a home nations player as a cornerstone of the team for the next 10-15 years could be great..I dunno

I'm looking a Mitrovic but my scouts never give him above a 3.5 for potential, maybe he didn't luck out with the randomised PA in my save. If he can be grabbed cheaply I'm interested but I'm really looking for an option for now with a bit of room for growth. A TM-like player is the mould really or a physical CF, I like having a player who can lead the line and battle a bit leaving space in the hole for Suarez/Coutinho to cause trouble in.

Maybe it is the clubs but it seems to happen to me most often with ambitious players...maybe I'm seeing a pattern where there is none.

After finishing 4th last season, I started season 2017-2018 today

Notable transfers,

Out:

Lucas - £20m

Gerrard - retired

Suso - £1.8m

Ojo - £900k

In:

Papadopulous - £38m

I have signed a good few regens, so not worth mentioning

My first game of the season was away to Fulham. I went out with an attacking formation and found myself with an early lead. They soon equalised. Half time 1-1. I made a couple of changes. We scored early on in the 2nd half, 1-2. After making the last of my 3 changes, i found myself down to 9 players. 2 of my players injured, including debut sub, Papadopulous! I couldn't believe it. Went all out defending, and sure enough, 88th minute, they equalise. I tried changing a few things and seen 4 minutes injury time come up. Clock clocked down 90, 91, 92, 93, then the key clip came to show the end of the game.......

http://gyazo.com/eccb650cfdc07462f9ec4a1b6198a8ed.png

Last minute winner!!! Buzzing!!! lol

Haha great result, that's what it's all about! I'm a little disappointed to see Suso go for so little, did you not fancy him/play him much or does he never become much of a player. I was really hoping he'd step up at some point as his home grown with club status is really attractive to the idea of developing him.

Ah right I see. Don't know any strikers then, sorry. Just know the usual suspects.

I beat Palace 4-2 away. Gerrard with a hat trick after going down 1-0 and then 2-1. Absolutely ridiculous how they got their second....Mignolet handled outside the area. Fair enough...but then the free kick was taken before he was back on his line. Like seriously? If we didn't go on to win that, I was gonna rage so badly.

Haha great result, that's what it's all about! I'm a little disappointed to see Suso go for so little, did you not fancy him/play him much or does he never become much of a player. I was really hoping he'd step up at some point as his home grown with club status is really attractive to the idea of developing him.

i never played him once. i loaned him out every season. similar to borini, sold him for £5m to arsenal, he is now worth £25m, banging in the goals for them!!

anyone a good couple of seasons in with their Liverpool save? and do you still have Robinson and Flanagan? how do they turn out with good training and match time? or is it best to sell them for what you can get?

jack robinson, £2.2m to celtic

john flanigan, £800k to west ham

never played them

I have just started my second season. finished 5th in my first, missing 4th by 1 point!

managed to sell a few and raise some cash. my starting 11 for season 2 looks like this (4-2-3-1)

......................Suarez...................

Draxler.........Coutinhio........Sturridge

.............Honda........lucas

Sandro...Balanta....shawcross...kyle walker

....................ter Stegen

as you can see, I have invested a lot of money in top youth players. Stegen, Draxler and Balanta (who I got in season 1) all have 5 star potential. they might not be at their best yet, but give it a couple more years and that team (with a couple more additions) should be great!

I have a good bench including Sakho, Enrique, Stevie, Sterling, Vitinhio, Timo Werner and Aspas.

played about 5 games of the season and doing ok, but when the new players settle in I think they will do well.

I notice some people have had issues with Sturridge, but he has been good for me, predominantly used as an inside forward from the right. got the divisions player of the year in season 1.

Coutinhio is a bit hit and miss and annoyingly injury prone. I often have to take him off at half time because of another knock.

Draxler has started well and Vitinhio plays well every time he gets a chance.

the main problem for me is Suarez. like a lot of people have experienced, I just cant get much out of him. he often has an average rating below 7 (sometimes 5.5!), which is never the case in real life when he is usually the best player on the park even if we lose! I usually play him alone upfront, and have tried complete forward, advanced forward and treq. he will have 1 good game and then a couple of poor ones. it has got to the point I am tempted to start Aspas instead, because whenever he plays as a n advanced forward he does well.

any ideas on how to get Suarez performing as well as he does in real life, or do I just sell him?

Suarez for me has performed very well as a F9 as part of an attacking 2. He has also performed in the AMC role as a SS with Sturridge in front as an AF.

What player roles and team instructions do you use? This will help to see if there are any fundamental problems with the way your players interact with Suarez in terms of giving him service.

Can anyone shed any light on the Liverpool youngsters?

Jerome Sinclair, Jordon Ibe, Pedro Chirivella, Sergi Canos, Ryan Fulton, Suso, Adam Morgan, Tom Brewitt all appear decent and have pretty good potential according to my coaches etc but how good do these guys become?

Sinclair and Chirivella were head and shoulders above the rest, ended up selling Chirivella for £25M despite not 1 app in the first team (loaned him out 4 seasons in a row) and Sinclair for £73M (even though he only had 1 really great season for me)

3UAqAz1.png

ept1tVa.png

dwdWTuD.png

Sinclair and Chirivella were head and shoulders above the rest, ended up selling Chirivella for £25M despite not 1 app in the first team (loaned him out 4 seasons in a row) and Sinclair for £73M (even though he only had 1 really great season for me)

3UAqAz1.png

ept1tVa.png

dwdWTuD.png

Jesus Christ, that's incredible. Very well done!

Had to start again just got sacked gonna use a 4-4-2 tactic i saw on FM base hope it works

Hang in there mate. Do you keep the general training intensity level on very high/high when in pre-season? That might help players get used to the tactics faster.

Hi guys, I read through the whole thread before I come to my decision to start a good challenge and project with Liverpool this season! I overhauled the staff, brought in a talented batch, with Bernhard Peters as my Assistant. I signed a few:

Yossi Benayoun, Anthony Reveillere (free)

Honda £1.4m I went for the option to sign him straight away, which was definitely a good choice

Salvio - Loan from Benfica as I sent back Moses because he just simply isn't good enough

Richairo Zivkovic - £575k all the top teams were after this guy, so had him scouted he come back with 5 potential, so snapped him up before anyone else could

Balanta £6m - I'm sure you're all well aware of this guy, absolute beast.

I got rid of Reina for £9.75m didn't think he would fit in next season as I expect to capitalise on my league position and bring in someone a lot more talented.

My pre - season was nothing short of abysmal, I couldn't believe it, having only 1 win from 5 against hardly 'tough' opposition, that said, when the season started we came good:

West Ham (A) 2-1 Stevie, Coutinho

Southampton (H) 3-1 Honda, Sturridge, Aspas

Carlisle (A) 1-0 This was the bad of the three, but that said, I can concentrate on the league I guess.

Forgot to add, does anyone have any suggestions on another signing as it's almost end of the window, and just wanted to get an opinion?

Formation: 4-3-1-2

Mignolet

Johnson FB auto

Skrtel CB cover

Agger CB stopper

Enrique FB auto

Gerrard DLP support

Lucas DLP defend

Honda AP attack

Coutinho AP attack

Sturridge AF attack

Aspas (until Luis suspension finishes) T attack, Suarez will be CF.

Thanks

any ideas on how to get Suarez performing as well as he does in real life, or do I just sell him?

For me he had been poor for the first few months but as soon as I got him to start placing his shots he started to score more goals and results instantly improved for me. Sturridge has been exactly the same and can't stress the importance of it to those that are struggling.

Have you kept the other midfielders? Allen, Hendo etc? Coz Lucas is the main defensive midfielder so if he gets injured, you may have a problem. Javi Garcia, the Man City one, is normally transfer listed towards the end of the window so you can sign him on loan for £100k per month (you can reduce it to this from £120k). Could be helpful.

Oh and I had Bernhard Peters as my DOF in FM13. Completely forgot his name this time until you posted ahaha. But I've not gone for a DOF so I don't really need him.

Got rid of Henderson, because I cannot stand him as a footballer. Might go for Javi Garcia then thanks,

Ha, yeah I don't use DOF though - I don't really see any real use?

Ha, yeah I sell him too coz of the high wages and I want to bring in other younger players.

Yeah, neither do I. They don't have any use, like you said. You can find clubs for loan players yourself or your ass.man can.

So, after winning my opening 2 games in the league, I lose to Swansea after Lucas got sent off in the first half. So annoying and out of the blue.

Hang in there mate. Do you keep the general training intensity level on very high/high when in pre-season? That might help players get used to the tactics faster.
Never took me awhile to get going on FM 13 I'm sure I will in 14 as well

what can i say? what a surprising start! undefeated so far this season, qualified for champions league, great result against real madrid, my team really are on a high!

my star striker, alberto cerri, is on fire! i'm winning games in final minutes that i would not normally win in previous seasons. i'm changing tactics at vital times i believe. i've also posted my team if anybody wants to see any stats on any players, i am in season 2017-18. i've only won 1 league title so far, and an fa cup runners up, but i really do believe this could be our year and go on to win a lot more!

p.s. tottenham are champions league winners 2 years on the trot! how is this possible? lol

af50a0e277433f4cc096fd97ef8e5303.png

776f66784e5a7083d1d191727688af9f.png

6adf7c43424c33325b33cf803d5ac6e0.png

2f26765febb1000296021c30a7a62afb.png

how did u train balanta as fullback? can isee some screenines please :

i don't play him as full back. i play him as a left sided defender, and have the right fullback playing as a complete wing back. i only play balanta there in difficult games, and only started playing there to fit papadopulous and sakho both in the same team. sometimes i will play balanta in central defensive midfield place as well.

783f4414abac2390ad999f8fbd1c9740.png

i have this guy, regen i know, as complete attacking fullback

5802d5aaa25a69f28f63a3c2ba83b6da.png

jonathan silva is normally my left back in normal epl games

5c9a3c14a388cf7b2954999aea89b76a.png

attacking

fbc0d0f003fce0fb19f11270ab8faa96.png

defending

2baa50cde8e8342c2db35bbbd97a6f02.png

or sometimes

2d5c34b0749fb44e160638e2f4ecf040.png

usually rotate as there usually is someone unfit, so whoever is fittest on the day, but it seems to be working well. also brought on balanta from the bench to man mark ronaldo which also worked

Just heard that Liverpool (IRL) have sacked Frank McParland and Rodolfo Borrell. My first move now on future saves will be to hire them both back again immediately!

Might struggle with that I find staff tend to not want to enter contract discussions with clubs they have just left. Borrell one of best Head of Youth Development on the game as well :(

Might struggle with that I find staff tend to not want to enter contract discussions with clubs they have just left. Borrell one of best Head of Youth Development on the game as well :(

But also expensive! He's on £10k per week! Some others are cheaper. Bernhard Peters wants like £8k or something.

Ugh. Second loss in a row. For the second time this season, another sending off of my DM. Bender this time. Absolutely ridiculous. I've changed all the tackling from hard to medium (from ass. man's instructions).

Think I may have made a mistake by splashing out on both Ward-Prowse as well as Shaw. Left myself without any quality on the wings. Sturridge has been poor, as have been Shaw and Ward Prowse....

What team instructions do you use barnsey22? I only like using a 4-3-1-2 & 4-1-3-2 formation but I can't seem to get it working this FM.

fbc0d0f003fce0fb19f11270ab8faa96.png

Attacking and Fluid

b4af09c3c1dc60f89b075f15d063e553.png

2baa50cde8e8342c2db35bbbd97a6f02.png

Control and Rigid

56970170393a64faffc7fc1d6df6e0e9.png

also, every single game, opponents instructions are set with every player, tackling = normal. all attacking players are set to show onto wrong foot. and strikers set, tighly marked, regardless what formation.

worked so far.

I'm really struggling with Liverpool in 14. Tonight I'll start my 9th game with them and try to last past September without quitting in rage! Last game, played a 5-3-2 formation, did pretty good in preseason (not great but decent) come regular season this was my result:

Home to Hull (D) 1-1

Away to Southampton (L) 0-1

Away to West Brom (W) 2-0 this was my only great game!

Home to Peterborough (W) 4-1

Home to Crystal Palace (L) 0-1

Home to Norwich (L) 1-2

Then I swore a lot and quit the game!!

I'm not going to give up (sort of!) until I at least have a semi decent start to a season! Don't expect to win the league, but surely should have come at with more than 4 points from the above games!

Vent over, I'll try again tonight!

The game is a joke tactics work in the pre season beat everyone when the proper season start they dont work looks like another sacking lost my 1st 3 games not gonna even bother changing my staff if i start another save complete waste of time

The game is a joke tactics work in the pre season beat everyone when the proper season start they dont work looks like another sacking lost my 1st 3 games not gonna even bother changing my staff if i start another save complete waste of time

agree totally with you - wheel and deal and have a cracking preseason then struggle and get sacked by Christmas - really struggling with FM14, almost think there is too much expectation with LFC first season but some people are doing really well so that give me some hope!

agree totally with you - wheel and deal and have a cracking preseason then struggle and get sacked by Christmas - really struggling with FM14, almost think there is too much expectation with LFC first season but some people are doing really well so that give me some hope!
Not giving up will get it right in the end

How have people found Henderson to be? I normally sell him or p/e him due to his high wages and appearance fees etc. Is there any reason to keep him? Does he play good?

Think I may start again coz I splashed out almost £40m on both Shaw + Ward Prowse who haven't performed as of yet at the start of the season. Think that the money spent on them could be better spent on other players.

But I'd still bring in Bender for about £14m, that's an absolute steal imo. Need Insigne and Lacazette. Depending on which tactic I go for really.

Yeah, gonna start again.

How have people found Henderson to be? I normally sell him or p/e him due to his high wages and appearance fees etc. Is there any reason to keep him? Does he play good?

Think I may start again coz I splashed out almost £40m on both Shaw + Ward Prowse who haven't performed as of yet at the start of the season. Think that the money spent on them could be better spent on other players.

But I'd still bring in Bender for about £14m, that's an absolute steal imo. Need Insigne and Lacazette. Depending on which tactic I go for really.

Yeah, gonna start again.

I keep Henderson. He does well for backup when Gerrard goes

Hi Guys!

Decided to finally start a 14 save. I have decided to use the same tactics I used in 13 and have started the season without changing the squad. After a very mixed pre-season I have now played 4 league games. I have had 3 wins all 1-0 and a 1-1 draw so not bad. The strikers seem to be struggling to get shots on target although of course I am still waiting for Suarez to come back. Defence has been solid with Johnson my best player so far.

I did try to sign a couple of players pre-season but without success. I did notice that every time the transfer was leaked which is kind of annoying :p

2015/2016 update

The end of last season saw a curtain finally close over one of the most famous Liverpool players ever, Steven Gerrard. At the age of 35 and his contract ending, Liverpool had a tough decision to make, and decided his time is up at the club, but we would welcome him back as a coach anytime.

Transfers last season. 2014/15.

IN

Ward-Prowse

Julian Brandt

Luke Shaw

Christian Eriksen

7 x Regen - All 4 star potential or above!

OUT

Toure

Aspas

Skrtel

Coady + 15 more players not good enough for first team.

We finished in first last season and took the FA cup. So fairly good result!

2015/16

IN

Moura

4 x Awesome Regens.

OUT

Allen ( Lost my cool with him and his yellow/red cards)

Released 10 players not good enough for first team.

Gerrard

Currently in 3rd after 11 games, still in all competitions and squad has come together nicely.

---------- Lewandowski ----------

Coutinho ---- Eriksen ------ Moura

------ Pogba - Ward-Prowse -----

Shaw - Balanta - Sakho - Johnson

-------------- Reina -------------

There is main side.

Henderson, Kelly, Brandt, Alberto, Borini, Sturridge, Agger, Enrique, Mignolet, Coates, Assaidi, Flanagan, Rossiter, Chirivella, Ibe, Wisdom, Sterling, Ilori, Teixeira, Sinclair, Ojo, McLaughlin, Suso, Yesil and a hand full of Regens.

Kyle Walker is in coming to replace Johnson in Jan Window.

Archived