FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Well, got the sack. The injuries to Gerrard, Coutinho and Lacazette left me broken and unable to win any game. Other players hardly performed at all, which was quite annoying. Gonna start again and work on tactics again, from scratch coz while they were decent in friendlies, didn't transition into the proper matches.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, got the sack. The injuries to Gerrard, Coutinho and Lacazette left me broken and unable to win any game. Other players hardly performed at all, which was quite annoying. Gonna start again and work on tactics again, from scratch coz while they were decent in friendlies, didn't transition into the proper matches.
i feel your pain

i feel your pain

Cheers mate. How's your current save going?

I'm gonna try some weird unorthodox tactics maybe lol. I definitely want an AM in the side, but also 2 DMs and an AM but also wingers....maybe 3 at the back? Hmmm. May try a 352, even though many haven't had good luck with it...but really want better cover for Coutinho, so may need to invest in a good AMC or a good youngster who can benefit from game time.

Also going to try to get more for Johnson, tried £25m last time, gonna try £30m maybe. Not sure on Agger, may keep him, but really want Doria and Balanta (hopefully he doesn't get injured this time so that I can actually sign him!). Don't think I'm going to go for Zuculini this time as I'd end up getting J.Garcia so there'd be no point. Gonna try and sign Alex Sandro or Shaw. Hopefully one of them but Shaw may be too big of an investment in the first season. Gonna try get Insigne this time round though, need good wingers or players who can play in that position.

Weirdly, not able to find some of the coaches that I normally sign. Not able to search for them at ALL. Weird.

Thins is you can get some ex liverpool player for cheap to use as a back up and teacher for the youngster instead of masively change the line up

I can get benayoun , M sissoko , riise ..

then u can sign revelrie , lorik cana , honda for cheap

that solves all the back up

U can only sell one or two big players ( which i do like agger 25 and johnson 26 milion) = then i can get allex telles 5 or contreao 7, balanta 4, batra 5, montoya 4( kelly as backup) theese figures are not the true transfer fee there are some payments here or there in months to come but the immidieate transfer change are the numbers posted here

36mil( depends on the transfer percentage) in then 25 mill out for the back four

which lives me 25 mil (not including the original transfer fee) to get ander herrera or pogba ... lewandoski or sharawy... or tello or greizman

Liverpool these year is good and interchangable

but you can also play the vanilla liverpool team right now and still havea good time it just SI need to fix the fullback defense system

Cheers mate. How's your current save going?

I'm gonna try some weird unorthodox tactics maybe lol. I definitely want an AM in the side, but also 2 DMs and an AM but also wingers....maybe 3 at the back? Hmmm. May try a 352, even though many haven't had good luck with it...but really want better cover for Coutinho, so may need to invest in a good AMC or a good youngster who can benefit from game time.

Also going to try to get more for Johnson, tried £25m last time, gonna try £30m maybe. Not sure on Agger, may keep him, but really want Doria and Balanta (hopefully he doesn't get injured this time so that I can actually sign him!). Don't think I'm going to go for Zuculini this time as I'd end up getting J.Garcia so there'd be no point. Gonna try and sign Alex Sandro or Shaw. Hopefully one of them but Shaw may be too big of an investment in the first season. Gonna try get Insigne this time round though, need good wingers or players who can play in that position.

Weirdly, not able to find some of the coaches that I normally sign. Not able to search for them at ALL. Weird.

Was doing a 5-3-2 system but didnt get into it so i started again & gonna use 4-2-3-1 which ive used since FM 09

This is an amusing anecdote from my game.

I sold Lucas for £28m to City and went looking for an energetic midfielder. Agreed a deal for Draxler but he turned me down but eventually I was delighted to sign Bender for about £16m.

A couple of weeks later I thought I'd found a bug when an agent offered me Bender - I laughed and thought I'll click on him just to see what happens - turns out he has a ******** twin! I never knew and I think I've signed the wrong one :o

Is anyone having problems getting players to learn preferred moves? The game won't let me give some players some new preferred moves like Sterling and Sturridge but for some it will. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem before I report it as a bug.

5f94t.jpg

The selection to choose which coach shows a little bit and then vanishes.

5f95M.jpg

But on this one the selection choice clearly shows. Weird :confused:

thua.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

This is what I managed to generate on a test save, a lot of it is in installments and Suarez's sale can be added for about 50m at least but I had trouble with deas falling through. Perhaps you could raise even more but that's what I found worked on that save.

Also that transfer budget is a little lower than it should be as I forgot to negotiate for the raised percentage of transfer income that you can get after day one.

Thanks for that, I did not expect it to be anywhere near that figure. Adding Suarez, Enrique and the deadwood in the reserves might even push it nearer to £200m, would be interested to see what I could put together with that amount of money.

Hey guys, dipping into my first attempt on FM14, had to be with my beloved Liverpool.

Was going to keep the same team and just cancel the Moses and Cissoko loan - i dont think Liverpool should be bringing in loan players!

Man City put paid to that plan with a £31mil bid for Lucas which was too good for me to turn down. Koke brought in as a replacement for 12.75mil though i had to really pay his agent to make sure i didnt miss out to Monaco, couldn't afford not to as no-one else wanted to come other than Schneiderlin who wanted too much money and wentto you guessed it Spurs.

With the remaining money decided to bring in Shaw. Want to keep an English core as the teams mainstay and keep it interesting rather than just buying all the best regardless of Nationality.

Preseason has not gone well. Lost my last 2 matches including a 3nil to Rennes where Gerrard broke his arm, so going into the first league match with the squad confidence average at best. Am away to Cardiff and need a good start. Formation 4231 until the return of Suarez then a modified 4-4-2 asymmetric formation with an AML and AMC and just Johnson providing the width on the right, well thats the plan.

Is anyone having problems getting players to learn preferred moves? The game won't let me give some players some new preferred moves like Sterling and Sturridge but for some it will. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem before I report it as a bug.

5f94t.jpg

5f95M.jpg

If the players are being tutored, you can't teach them PPMs for that duration. If not, then probably a bug that you should report.

Had to add Rene Meulesteen to the staff via the editor in order to get him into my game for some weird game...tried everything and it didn't work, so finally able to start on my new save. FINALLY. Was bugging me as he is one of the best coaches out there and I really wanted him. But I gave him the same wage as I normally do so there's not really any cheating lol. Also added a recall option for Suso!

5f94t.jpg

5f95M.jpg

You can't teach them PPMs if they are being tutored.

Also, if either player is learning a PPM, you can't start tutoring between them.

Can't stand Mignolet's performance anymore' date=' Ter Stegen or Akinfeev? Need advices please.

Ter Stegen was a bit butter-handed while AI playing him in fm13, don't know if it has been changed in 14?[/quote']

He has 11 handling in my game.

Tried to get him anyway, but he went to Barca.

You can't teach them PPMs if they are being tutored.

Also, if either player is learning a PPM, you can't start tutoring between them.

Also, just to add, PPMs aren't always 100% going to be learnt or unlearnt. Even though sometimes the coaches says "X player won't be able to do that" but then say nothing for the one you select, they may not learn it, but you can ask them to learn it again still, I believe.

Is it just me or is Suarez really underrated? He's got 8 goals in the league so far in real life... he didn't even get 8 goals in all comps in my first season. That was the beta and I've started again since, but still just cannot get him scoring. Doesn't help that Sturridge is also pretty underrated, which makes scoring hard. I also can't get Coutinho playing as well as he should, but at least I know of other people that have, and I've been playing him out of position so that may affect it.

I don't know what it is with Suarez though. He doesn't even contribute assists or anything, and regularly gets a lower than 6 rating. I've got him as a complete forward at the moment, which according to his report is his best role. But I've tried him in all sorts of roles, and different positions, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone had any success with him?

For all those people who replaced Johnson im curious to know who you replaced him with?

Are Peruzzi or Sciglio good enough to replace him straight up or do you need a short term replacement until they develop further?

I went with De Sciglio and Reveillere to cover and to be honest its a big downgrade in the short term, I haven't finished the first season yet so it's hard to say if it will pay off really. I'd be curious to hear what Peruzzi is like, he looks good but I couldn't get a nice price for him.

2016 Pre-Season.

asub.jpg

Young side too, Skrtel, Gerrard, Reina, Agger have all departed last season.

Most of the team is different.

Henderson, Allen, Rossiter, Ojo, Suso, Fabio Smith, Wisdom, McLaughlin, Sinclair. Are the only players that are left from Original squad in 2013.

So Chelsea, who last season ran away with the league, just got Aguero, who wanted to leave b/c City didn't get into Europe.

He rejected my 12m p/y offer for their 14m p/y.

And both Coutinho and Suarez want to leave for Real Madrid, but that's not happening any time soon.

cesar what formation , tactics and instructions did u win the league with

Ward Prowse for £19m + Allen? If Allen accepts that is....about to sign Jon Williams for about £13m, instead of this and sell Allen off for about £8m to Newcastle, think that's the better deal at the end of the day for me. What you guys think?

Should I get Afinkeev for £7m first season?

I went for Valdes with 6 months of his contract left but his wages were way too high.

On the other hand I got Lewandowski on a free, £130k a week wages and 20k appearance fee...

Lewandowski is set to join Bayern on mine

Got a hell of a schedule after my perfect start and went on a 6 match losing streak.

I was too upset to post updates, and got to January trying to regain form and morale.

Drogba saved me, he's top scorer.

Will post update at end of season.

Season One Halfway Update

5gBEJ.png

So after having a bit of a slow start and even had my job at risk, i'm in 2nd place as I get past the halfway mark of the season. After the Cardiff match I switched a more possession based tactic and it's been rather successful. What I do have to stress when trying a possession based tactic is to give it time. It can be quite frustrating at times as you don't create many ccc's but after a while it becomes more fluent. I'd say it's took me 2 months of using the tactic for it become as creative as i'd like and the last 5 results show that. Those 5 games we should probably have won by more as well and it includes a win at Newcastle in the Cup. Got Man Utd and Chelski next in the league which I think is going to define whether I make a title challenge or just fight for a top 4 spot. Exciting times though, with Suarez bang in form this tactic is really suiting him.

5gBxB.jpg

Got a fairly good run in the league going and Suarez's last 5 games has a rating of 8.4. In the League Cup I got tonked at home to West Ham 4-1 in the third Round. Made too many changes for that match and they just countered me all night. Not all that fussed about it really. Beat Newcastle away in the FA Cup Third Round which i'm very happy with considering their form. Got Oxford away in the next round so a chance to field a few under 18's.

5gBS3.jpg

Fairly happy with transfers. Verratti hasn't been as good as i'd like and I may have overpaid for him but is one for the future. Bender has been doing well. A pity ot took selling Lucas to get them but hopefully will be better in the long run. Reveillere hasn't been great as a backup and may try and make a bit of cash off him in the summer. Honda has done well in the first few games and Costa gives me a different option. Balanta I think i've overpaid for but most of it is over 48 months with some of those payments on appearance clauses. reina i'm happy I got 10M for as I don't plan on using him next season. The Skrtel sale was mainly because I wasn't going to use him and with 70k wages he had to go.

This is an amusing anecdote from my game.

I sold Lucas for £28m to City and went looking for an energetic midfielder. Agreed a deal for Draxler but he turned me down but eventually I was delighted to sign Bender for about £16m.

A couple of weeks later I thought I'd found a bug when an agent offered me Bender - I laughed and thought I'll click on him just to see what happens - turns out he has a ******** twin! I never knew and I think I've signed the wrong one :o

You sold Lucas too cheaply. I have started two games with Liverpool and both seasons i sold him at a much better fee. One was for 41 million, the other was 47.5 million.

Had a good first season, won the league with 79 points which was more a case of everyone else having dodgy seasons rather than me having a good one. Suarez top performer scoring 24 goals with Sturridge not far behind on 19. First season transfers were:

In:

Matuidi 6m (1.5 up front 4.5 over 36 months)

Salvio on loan

Honda 1.2m

Werner 5.5m

Out:

Allen 5m

Tended to line up in either 4-2-3-1 or 5-3-2 mode, with high tempo, hassle opponents, pass into space, push higher up

Roles were:

DR: FB/S (Johnson/Kelly)

DC: CB/C (Skrtel/Toure)

DC: BPD/S (Agger/Sakho)

DL: CWB/A (Enrique/Cissokho)

MCL: DLP/D (Lucas/Matuidi)

MCR: B2B/S (Gerrard/Honda)

AMR: W/S (Salvio/Moses)

AMC: SS/A (Suarez/Aspas)

AML: IF/S (Coutinho/Salvio/Werner)

STC: AF/A (Stutridge/Werner)

Second season I needed to add depth with my transfers for CL, transfers:

In:

Candreva (free)

Akinfeev (free)

Shaw (25m)

Balanta (9.5m)

Bojan (7m)

Ter Stegen (5.5m)

Barry (free)

Out:

Assaidi (5m)

Borini (9.75m)

Reina (10.5m)

Mignolet (10.5m)

Skrtel (5m)

Going well so far with 4 wins in 4 in the league but just lost Suarez and Coutinho for 3 months in one game. Added to Balanta, Toure and Sterling being injured with 10 games coming up in the next 5 weeks it may be a difficult patch.

My team can play such awesome football most of the time, then once in a while, we forget how to score, opposition takes 1 shot for the game, it goes in.

We lose..

30 shots to 1!

Happened to me against Villa. They went down to 10 men, i was pummeling them 70% possession 30+ shots and they score on the break with their only shot, Luckily Sturridge scored late on to win it though

Can anyone shed any light on the Liverpool youngsters?

Jerome Sinclair, Jordon Ibe, Pedro Chirivella, Sergi Canos, Ryan Fulton, Suso, Adam Morgan, Tom Brewitt all appear decent and have pretty good potential according to my coaches etc but how good do these guys become?

There was a picture of how Sinclair and Chirivella have developed in the future, 1 or 2 pages back.

Is it just me or is Suarez really underrated? He's got 8 goals in the league so far in real life... he didn't even get 8 goals in all comps in my first season. That was the beta and I've started again since, but still just cannot get him scoring. Doesn't help that Sturridge is also pretty underrated, which makes scoring hard. I also can't get Coutinho playing as well as he should, but at least I know of other people that have, and I've been playing him out of position so that may affect it.

I don't know what it is with Suarez though. He doesn't even contribute assists or anything, and regularly gets a lower than 6 rating. I've got him as a complete forward at the moment, which according to his report is his best role. But I've tried him in all sorts of roles, and different positions, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone had any success with him?

His finishing rating could be better imo.

Had the game since release date and still not made it past the first season! Lost count of the amount of saves I have had where I've been sacked or really underperformed. I've tried lots of different clubs to see if I can settle into a save and decided to have a go with Liverpool.

I've taken on board some of the comments so far in this thread and gone for a 4-4-2 diamond as my main tactic and a standard 4-4-2 as a reserve and go from there.

Staff and scouts all sorted, training and tutors too and now I'm ready to go! Only downside to this save so far is that I have lost Johnson for 3 months and Gerrard for 5. Not the best of starts :(

Just finished the second season and won the league by 3 points from Man Utd but a struggle this season and I had to change my tactics to a 4-1-3-2 which got me some good results but lost a few games towards the end to Norwich, Spurs and West Ham.

I made a lot of changes and Stevie G has now retired and got rid of high wage earners Agger, Skrtel etc. I have bought in a lot of youngsters for the future but Suarez scores goals for me as a DLF and I partner Werner, Fierro or Negredo with him but Balanta scores from a lot of corners for me which helps.

Akinfeev on a free last season played very well but got sent off for handling outside the area, the sooner this is sorted out the better.

Looking forward to the new season and trying to buy Martinez, not sure how good a goal scorer he is though.

Just drawn the first game of my tour to China but played a lot of 16 & 17 year olds as most of the guys are on international duty.

had amazing first transfer[/img]

I have honda on free for jan , blanta 9mil next season then I wanna get mitovic next season

heres my team

grr idk how to upload image

well here it is: mignolet

montoya---shawcross---sakho----telles

henderson--pogba--svenbender------

---------------------------------coutinho

---------lewandoski---suarez----------

subs: jones,kelly,M.richards,zuculini,revelrie,mohamed sisoko, aspas, gerrard,sturidge, benayoun,davis,werner

Hey guys. I've not long started a Liverpool game. Born and bred here and have supported them for as long as I can remember, so I'm looking forward to getting us back to where we belong, at the top of European football.

Transfers IN:

Blaise Matuidi £6m

Will Hughes £8m

Moussa Dembele £525k

Tried to sign Vietto but Barcelona pinched him. I also had a deal agreed for Kevin Trapp as backup/replacement for Mignolet but I don't quite have enough to finance the deal.

Transfers OUT:

Flanagan, Roddan and Morgan out on loan. Tried to sell Jones and Aspas but with no luck.

I'm aiming to finish in a Europa League position at the very least, but hoping to grab top 4. It'd be nice to win one of the domestic cups too.

The squad needs work and I don't quite have enough to do that yet, but with a top 4 finish and a couple of sales next summer, I should be able to mould it into the team I want. The additions I've made only start the overall strengthening process.

So far I've played Man City and West Ham in the league, winning 2-1 and losing 2-0 and I've just played Burton in the Capital One Cup, winning 1-0 with fringe players.

Pretty successful season:

F8hO2LC.png

We also won the League Cup (2-0 over I think West Brom) and the FA Cup (4-3 in extra time vs Arsenal). In both cups we played vs Chelsea in the semi or quarter finals which were both tougher tests than either final. Towards the end of the season we started leaking a lot of goals (5-4 win over West Ham, 3-2 over Cardiff and more like it), unfortunately we carried that into the FA Cup Final where we went 2-0 up in the first half-hour only for Arsenal to score three goals to take the lead. Luckily (90th minute!) we leveled to force extra time and my subs were all still fresh so after scoring a few minutes into extra time we looked very comfortable. Went close to scoring more in extra time, but it wasn't to be - luckily Arsenal barely even got a shot off so it didn't matter.

Suarez 2nd highest scorer in the league from under 30 appearances. Sturridge had a magnificent run at the only time during the season that Suarez's form began to drop. Unfortunately then he got injured. Still won English player of the year.

Suarez, Skrtel, Sakho and Sturridge all made the Premiership Best XI.

At the beginning of season two, my big splurge was on Shaw, but I also managed to secure some greek defender who is also an accomplished DM with incredible stats (name starts with a "K", but I forget what it is, atm).

I ended up selling Reina to Barcelona, but I could not find a buyer for Agger (no takers at 10m, wtf?), so I've taken him off the transfer list - he's still a great option vs sides that are not looking to attack at all as he is great at bringing the ball out of defense or receiving the ball deep and picking out a forward.

Primarily played 4-1-2-2-1, but also mixed in 3-2-2-1-2 and plenty of 4-2-3-1.

Absolutely pushed the budget to the limit, spent my transfer budget then offered Suarez a new contract (he asked), which has put me behind on wages.

That said, I'm unsackable, so it's no big deal.

EDIT: Also, Ibe scored nearly a goal a game playing primarily as a winger on loan! He's loaned to a upper championship side this season so hopefully he continues to do well.

Archived