Sports Interactive Community
llama3

FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

Just starting my 4th Arsenal save this week - I have yet to reach the end of season 1 due to getting sacked every time :(

Lets see how this one goes....

Do you use latest summer update?

No updates, just using the standard 14.3 database

I will be also starting with Arsenal like that :) I hope it will be a fun save

Just started a game with the latest LFC Marshall update.

I've set the team up in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation after signing Carvalho to play as the holding midfielder. In the community shield we beat City 2-0 comfortably with goals from wing back Debuchy & wide playmaker Ozil! Hopefully going to have a good long save until FM15 is out.

Hey, great thread. See that some of u guys have signed Varane, cus I simply can't, I even declare intrest in him, he says he wants 2 come, but when I propose the contract, he doesn't even negociate it! frustrating! tips welcomed.

Wait until the week before the season starts and put in a bid around 23m. Usually gets him.

345957c6-760b-416b-9eec-0250e838c739_zps84f44c99.jpg

January Report

arsenal1_zps658de343.jpg

01/01/14 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 1 ( Koscielny 27 , Alexis Inj 77)

Man City 1 ( Negredo 45 , Navas Inj 79)

04/01/14 | F.A Cup( Rd 3) | Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Podolski 30 , Wilshere 33 , Giroud 73 , Walcott 90 +2)

QPR 0

11/01/14 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Podolski 6 & PEN 10 , Alexis 26)

Southampton 0

15/01/14 | Barclays Premier League | White Hart Lane

Arsenal 1 ( Giroud 53)

Tottenham 1 ( Lennon 29)

18/01/14 | Barclays Premier League | Liberty Stadium

Arsenal 2 ( Alexis 42 , Giroud 64 , Alexis Inj 90+2)

Swansea 1 ( Markovic 37)

22/01/14 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Brown PEN 6 , Chambers Inj 76 , Sanogo 85)

Leicester 1 ( Nugent 82)

25/01/14 | F.A Cup(Rd 4) | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Sanogo 31 & 38 , Alexis 67 , Sanogo Inj 70)

Brentford 0

Can't decide whether to continue with my current Arsenal save or start a new one with one of the updated databases.

Current one I have just started 3rd season preseason, having had a fantastic second season.

Currently trying to sell Giroud and Carzorla, simply to get you fellas more game time.

Main tactic is a 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond roughly like:

----------Scez-----------

Montoya-Kos-Per-Sandro

--------Carvalho---------

--Wilshere---Rambo----

----------Ozil-----------

-----Theo---Sturridge---

Ox, Draxler, Romero, Arteta, Balanta, Sagna, Gibbs, Giroud and Cazorla all form the main rotation while Akpom, Gnabry and Bellerin are all getting first team games as well.

So I decided to have one last save on FM14 using the LFC Updated Database.

Started this more as a save to test tactical ideas and practice before FM 2015!

Was tempted by turning off transfers for the first window, but the squad is so weak at the back that I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Plus the money is there to make a signing or two.

So far I have brought in Varane for a structured £23m deal, Lars Bender for a structured deal worth £14m and then a couple of youngsters to added to glaring gaps in the youth squad.

I have a few ideas for tactics, I will play 3 different ones:

- My trusted 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond

- An Asymmetrical 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 Hybrid

- And a defensive based 4-1-4-1.

First up was the community shield vs Man City. Managed to get our first trophy of the season winning on penalties after a 2-2 come from behind regulation time score line. Gibbs and Ox with our goals.

At work currently so no images etc.

So I decided to have one last save on FM14 using the LFC Updated Database.

Started this more as a save to test tactical ideas and practice before FM 2015!

Was tempted by turning off transfers for the first window, but the squad is so weak at the back that I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Plus the money is there to make a signing or two.

So far I have brought in Varane for a structured £23m deal, Lars Bender for a structured deal worth £14m and then a couple of youngsters to added to glaring gaps in the youth squad.

I have a few ideas for tactics, I will play 3 different ones:

- My trusted 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond

- An Asymmetrical 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 Hybrid

- And a defensive based 4-1-4-1.

First up was the community shield vs Man City. Managed to get our first trophy of the season winning on penalties after a 2-2 come from behind regulation time score line. Gibbs and Ox with our goals.

At work currently so no images etc.

Hope the 4-1-4-1 works better for you then it does irl

Hope the 4-1-4-1 works better for you then it does irl

Haha yeah well it certainly is a bit more fluid. But I think it struggles to get the best out of the players too. That said it is a good option to have against those sides who have most of their creative hub in the midfield.

Season wise has been a success so far. We have had a bit of turmoil tactically as I have been chopping and changing and just generally been indecisive, so familiarity is taking a hit, this can be seen in the number of misplaced passes. Have opted to flag the asymmetric 4-4-2 and running with a combo of 4-4-1-1 and 4-1-4-1 as well as a back up 4-2-2-2 box for soaking up pressure.

Gotta say last few games Mesut, Alexis and Danny have been unstoppable. Think Danny's last 5 games have included 2 hattricks and 1 4 goal haul off the top of my head. Ozil has more assists than games played.

Haha yeah well it certainly is a bit more fluid. But I think it struggles to get the best out of the players too. That said it is a good option to have against those sides who have most of their creative hub in the midfield.

Season wise has been a success so far. We have had a bit of turmoil tactically as I have been chopping and changing and just generally been indecisive, so familiarity is taking a hit, this can be seen in the number of misplaced passes. Have opted to flag the asymmetric 4-4-2 and running with a combo of 4-4-1-1 and 4-1-4-1 as well as a back up 4-2-2-2 box for soaking up pressure.

Gotta say last few games Mesut, Alexis and Danny have been unstoppable. Think Danny's last 5 games have included 2 hattricks and 1 4 goal haul off the top of my head. Ozil has more assists than games played.

Is Mesut playing as a Treq behind Danny? Or on the wing?

Is Mesut playing as a Treq behind Danny? Or on the wing?

He is playing in the hole behind Danny most of the time. The role varies.

When I do go 4-1-4-1 I usually play him as a CM-APa or CM-APs depending on what I need from the other CM partner. He does fine there TBH.

when can you get a screenshot of your tactics up mark?

when can you get a screenshot of your tactics up mark?

I can try tonight perhaps. Been a bit flat out, had a bunch of tactical stuff to post here and in the tactics forums but just skint on time atm. Will try soon though.

So I have been running a few tactics nut this is the main one:

tactic_zps3c136f36.png

This is my main one, which I have had a lot of help from Bababooey on.

I was going to do an Asyemtric style one, but felt it was more comfortable with a flat 4 in midfield.

Now keep in mind I edited all my AML/R players to be able to play ML/R where I saw fit. So Alexis is usually my first choice left winger.

I have three sets of TI's I use; what you see there, a pressing set and a counter set.

th_counter_zps29a5f5ee.png

th_press_zpsb5b9c768.png

The two other tactics I have I dont really use yet as I feel this one is flexible enough for most games. If against a strong team I will move the CMd back into the DM position as a HB and bring the AM back into the CM spot.

I run a few PIs, mainly just on the wingers to get them to act more as wide attacking mids as opposed to true wingers.

Results so far have been impressive:

fixtures_zpsc03156e7.png

The purple patch at the start of October was especially pleasing. Welbeck is already on 20 goals. Still only 2 points ahead of Man U though so every game is important.

Started a new game and throught I'd try the TA3 tactic (seaton?). Its a 4231 formation. Having walked seasons with my own before, I was not anticipating such an improvement...but mein gott...

Walked the quintiple - including beating Bayern in teh ECL final.

Went 36-2 in the EPL. 150 goals for 22 against

Giroud p 33 g 34 a 12

Welbeck 19 starts/16 subs = 29 goals, 14 assists

Podolski (who I've only had 1 good season out of before) 28 starts, 12 subs, 27 goals, 23 assists!!!!

Ozil 39 games, 26 goals, 22 assists as AP

Walcott 30 starts/13 subs - 13 goals/23 assists

Sanchez 27 starts/15 subs - 11 goals/14 assists

Cazorla 20 starts/21 suba 11 goals/14 assists

Central midfield was a mixed bag with injuries, but Diaby was great as the slightly more defensive midfielder with a goal every 3 games!

Only significant signings were etoo & nilmar & lugano & Mbia & Park on frees for the cup competitions, the ever injured Kevin Volland and the ever popular Balanta at centre-half. Diame/Alvaro pereira arrived in Jan as Cover for injuries, but other than that just kids (A LOT OF KIDS - it seems if you time it right you can get your DOF to hoover up Barca reserve players for peanuts. Doesn't work most of the time, but occasionally 3 arrive!).

Got Carvalho, Victor Valdes, Vydra, Ongenda and Draxler arriving in the summer as well as few kids and regens....Diame/Nilmar/Park/Pereira will be sold to funf that lot...

Hi guys I'm in my 4th season and so far I've scored 105 league goals in 31 games!!!!!:eek: & have won the league with SEVEN games to spare