FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@RossoneriGunner , your tactics are working fine that you posted last week although the main tactic you use from post 641 lets me down a bit when away to big clubs like Man U ,do you use the second tactic for tougher opposition?

cheers

Hi Mitch, I don't personally but, that is really what I meant to use it for, but I don't :lol:

just out of interest, who do you guys pick as a captain if Vermaelen is sold?

Arteta or Mertesacker even if Vermaelen stays I still change it as I don't play him as first choice anymore , may sell him though in the summer window and get a younger talent in.

Hi Mitch, I don't personally but, that is really what I meant to use it for, but I don't :lol:

just asking because Man U beat me 3-0 away at Old Trafford , cheers

definitely a good competition to Giroud. I let Bendtner go too but kept Podolski.Poldi keeps scoring when he comes on, almost every game.I'm quite happy with that.

Podolski was my top scorer this season, as well as joint top scorer at the world cup.

was browsing clauses that I can buyout and stumble upon this. I'm gonna sign him! ti5n.png

His stats have taken a massive dive, especially considering he is 28, that's a real shame.

SEASON 2014/2015 - summer update

Players IN

Alex Sandro - FC Porto € 15M

Sami Khedira - Real Madrid € 8.5M

André Ayew - Olympique Marseille € 27M

Fernado - Bayern Munich € 2.2M

And some 4/5 star talents

Players OUT

Rosicky - OGC Nice € 1M

Flamini - Olympique Lyon € 6.5M

Diaby - Montpellier € 5M

Arteta - Everton € 4M

Gibbs - Monaco € 20M

Sagna - Dortmundo € 9M

Djourou - AS Roma € 2M

Campbell - Newcastle Utd € 2.5M

Sanogo - Olympique Lyon € 2.9M

Coquelin - Valenciennes € 1.5M

Jenkinson - Norwich € 2.7M

Park - Lazio € 3M

and some loans out...

2014/2015 starting XI

GK: Szczesny

DR: Pino

DCR: Mertesacker

DCL: Vermaelen

DL: Alex Sandro

MC: Sven Bender

MC: Wilshere

AMC: Ozil

AML: Ayew

AMR: Walcott

ST: Giroud

AUGUST 2014

CS - Man Utd 1-3 Arsenal - Alex Sandro, Ayew (2x)

PL - Southampton 1-2 Arsenal - Ayew, Lovren (og)

PL - Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff - Ayew, Giroud (2x), Vermaelen

SC - PSG - Arsenal upcoming

Ayew is having a good start :)

56084148-e7fc-4da7-894a-cfd30cd71d4c_zps1ad0d2e6.jpg

December Update

03/12/13 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Bendtner 20 , Özil 43 , Vermaelen 90+1)

Southampton 0 ( Boruc Inj 23)

07/12/13 | Barclays Premier League | Old Trafford

Arsenal 1 ( Koscielny 32)

Man Utd 0

10/122/13 | UEFA Champions League (Grp D) | Parc De Princes

Arsenal 0

PSG 1 ( Cavani 30)

17/12/13 | Capital 1 Cup (Qtr-Final) | King Power Stadium

Arsenal 1 (Bendtner 67)

Leicester 2 (Drinkwater 32 , Moore 57)

23/12/13 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 1 ( Koscielny 23)

Chelsea 0

26/12/13 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 1 ( Özil 45)

Everton 0

29/12/13 | Barclays Premier League | St James' Park

Arsenal 0

Newcastle 0 ( Cabaye S/O 16 , Tiote S/O 78)

After 18 games we sit second level on points with Chelsea but with a game in Hand 18 games played 30 scored 2 conceeded ,we qualified top of our Champions League Group PSG second Celtic Third Dortmund last

One Tactic Season - 2013/14

October 2013

UEFA Champions League (Group F)

Arsenal 5 - 1 BATE - Podolski, Walcott, Özil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Heintz

Premier League

Cardiff 1 - 5 Arsenal - Vietto (2), Balanta, Cazorla, Özil

West Ham 1 - 3 Arsenal - Özil, Wilshere (2)

Schalke 0 - 3 Arsenal - Vermaelen (3)

Premier League

Arsenal 3 - 1 Crystal P - Wilshere, Giroud, Podolski (pen)

Capital One Cup - 4th Round

Burnley 0 - 2 Arsenal - Podolski, Gibbs

We have opened up a one point lead at the top of the Premier League after 9 games with 25pts, Stoke are 2nd with 24 from 9, then come Newcastle and Chelsea on 22 with Tottenham in 5th with 19. Other positions, 6th Man Utd, 7th Liverpool and Man City 9th.

We sit top of Group F in the Champions League with 3 wins out of 3, Schalke 2nd on 6 and Galatasaray and BATE with 1 apiece.

After our 2 away wins in the C1C we have been drawn at home in the 5th round to Aston Villa.

I offered Lewendowski a contract 115k/week also somehow got Bendtner to sign a new 40k/week deal

I offered similar on a free in Jan but he chose Bayern. Hmph

diu0s0N.png

My results since I last updated you.

M1V8V15.png

Pretty happy with league position but I am conceding an unreal amount of goals and I can't put my finger on it. This will need to be rectified before the start of next season. I think a new destroyer in midfield has to be an option, has anyone got any recommendations?

In Jan, I bought Balanta and signed Honda on a free and Honda has really started well. Rejected the £32 million Ramsey bid but he is having a hissy fit and Vermaelen has fallen out with me aswell. Players hate me :(

yeah, it's a shame. i don't know if this happens because he wasn't playing that much lately. for the past two seasons, he only started at most 13 game per season. thats a real shame for a player of his quality.

Podolski was my top scorer this season, as well as joint top scorer at the world cup.

His stats have taken a massive dive, especially considering he is 28, that's a real shame.

i warned Lewandoswki for poor performances (no fine though) and started Negredo instead. after few games left out, he started scoring again.now both of my strikers are scoring min a goal per game.brilliant.

Exactly what I'm going to do, who do the bl££ding French think they are....:lol:

i warned Lewandoswki for poor performances (no fine though) and started Negredo instead. after few games left out, he started scoring again.now both of my strikers are scoring min a goal per game.brilliant.

Giroud's back to normal now. NO player is bigger than Arsenal Football Club!

if you mean in the reserve/U-18 squads,none. but you can always try few good cb who would be your second or third choice cb e.g.: balanta, umtiti, zouma,doria etc..anyway, jenkinson can always play at cb even though he's not that good

3rd season update:

Euro Super Cup - won 4-2 against Liverpool

Club World Championship - Beat Palmeiras 2-0

Carling Cup - beat Burnley 4-0

EPL - won the league with 4 games left with Man Utd currently in the second place with two more games remaining

Now in UCL and FA cup final, both against Chelsea. Gonna sweep all clean this season, and then will probably go to another league. Already saved another copy of this in case I want to come back and stay with Arsenal beyond this current season.

In Jan, I bought Balanta and signed Honda on a free and Honda has really started well. Rejected the £32 million Ramsey bid but he is having a hissy fit and Vermaelen has fallen out with me aswell. Players hate me :(

Honda was the signing of the season for me apparently.

3rd season update:

Euro Super Cup - won 4-2 against Liverpool

Club World Championship - Beat Palmeiras 2-0

Carling Cup - beat Burnley 4-0

EPL - won the league with 4 games left with Man Utd currently in the second place with two more games remaining

Now in UCL and FA cup final, both against Chelsea. Gonna sweep all clean this season, and then will probably go to another league. Already saved another copy of this in case I want to come back and stay with Arsenal beyond this current season.

Doing good there yey!

Well up till now he's been AMC AP/a BUT, I read somewhere that someone was playing 4-2-3-1 and changed him from AMC/AP/a to an AMC Shadow Striker/a, so I may play him as an SS and see if it makes any difference.

• Shadow Striker - operates as the team’s main goalscoring threat. Usually coupled with a deep-lying forward, the shadow striker aggressively pushes forward into goalscoring positions as the ball moves into the final third and looks to close down opposing defenders when out of possession.

Well up till now he's been AMC AP/a BUT, I read somewhere that someone was playing 4-2-3-1 and changed him from AMC/AP/a to an AMC Shadow Striker/a, so I may play him as an SS and see if it makes any difference.

• Shadow Striker - operates as the team’s main goalscoring threat. Usually coupled with a deep-lying forward, the shadow striker aggressively pushes forward into goalscoring positions as the ball moves into the final third and looks to close down opposing defenders when out of possession.

I may try this myself, I played him as an AP/A flanked by T/A in the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Tonights plan is to ship out some of the deadwood between the two seasons!

What a dirty stinking 'kin German git. I asked Mertesacker to tutor Jenkinson and he came back and said 'I have better things to do with my time than tutor other players'

Well if thats his attitude he can rot in the reserves as I can't be bothered with him either....I'm 'kin fuming.

hahahaha.. gotta love this!

What a dirty stinking 'kin German git. I asked Mertesacker to tutor Jenkinson and he came back and said 'I have better things to do with my time than tutor other players'

Well if thats his attitude he can rot in the reserves as I can't be bothered with him either....I'm 'kin fuming.

I've had a few like that, andfor me, it shows a lack of team spirit...I'd fine him!

we did it! beat Chelsea 1-0 in FA cup final and beat them again (in Champions Cup Final) 3-1 on penalty after 1-1 score. chamberlain scored the equalizer in 91st minute after Mata scored the opening goal after 2 minutes. unbelievable.

I've had a few like that, andfor me, it shows a lack of team spirit...I'd fine him!

Stuck him in the U21's, buck him.

we did it! beat Chelsea 1-0 in FA cup final and beat them again 3-1 on penalty after 1-1 score. chamberlain scored the equalizer in 91st minute after Mata scored the opening goal after 2 minutes. unbelievable.

Well done Yey :applause:Arsenal Rule!:thup:

Just sold Chamberlein for 35M €,and now they offered me 45M€ for Theo.The club accepted the offer.Is this anyway a good offer?

Also i need a DR,Sagna is getting old (i'm starting 4th season),i look at Gino Peruzzi but is so expensive (35-40M)

any idea?

Theo has done it to me a couple fo times...I'm seriously tempted to sell him, I hardly play him.

Well I did think of selling Mertesacker as I've got Balanta, Heintz, Vermaelen, Koscielny and of course Jenkinson can play CD as well.

I've have noticed that Mertesacker does tend to faff about in defence sometimes and has cost me a few goals by fannying about and standing there waiting to be tackled or even passing it straight to the oppositions striker.

Hey Rosso

seen as Im using the same tactic as you , I'm wondering how you find Ozil's performances in amc , not really performing for me on a consistent basis , on the 16 games he has played he has an average of 6.94 which is a bit poor for a player of his calibre.

Not sure if I should try him as a trequartista or Enganche or maybe a shadow striker but would any of these work with a DLF ahead of him.

hows he doing for you?

One Tactic Season - 2013/14

November 2013

Premier League

Arsenal 5 - 1 Norwich - Özil (3), Giroud

Arsenal 3 - 1 Schalke - Özil (2), Wilshere

Premier League

A. Villa 1 - 3 Arsenal - Vietto (2), Podolski

Arsenal 4 - 1 Tottenham - Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Khedira, Cazorla

Arsenal 3 - 1 Galatasaray - Khedira, Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Premier League

Chelsea 1 - 0 Arsenal

We are still top of the Prem after the defeat at Chelsea as 2nd place Newcastle lost 1-0 at Villa Park. So after 13 games we are top on 34 pts with Newcastle still 2nd on 31 pts with Man Utd then Stoke on 29 with Chelsea 28, Tottenham 27, followed by Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

We have qualified for the 1st Knockout Stage of the Champions League along with Schalke. We have one more group game away to BATE and hopefully keep our 100% record in the group.

Hey Rosso

seen as Im using the same tactic as you , I'm wondering how you find Ozil's performances in amc , not really performing for me on a consistent basis , on the 16 games he has played he has an average of 6.94 which is a bit poor for a player of his calibre.

Not sure if I should try him as a trequartista or Enganche or maybe a shadow striker but would any of these work with a DLF ahead of him.

hows he doing for you?

He hasn't scored in the last four games but has played 17 with 10 goals and 10 assists with 5 MOM.

For those last 4 games I did change him to a SS, so I may give him a few more games as an SS and see what happens, if nothing changes then I may put him back to AMC/AP/a.

He hasn't scored in the last four games but has played 17 with 10 goals and 10 assists with 5 MOM.

For those last 4 games I did change him to a SS, so I may give him a few more games as an SS and see what happens, if nothing changes then I may put him back to AMC/AP/a.

I just had a chat with him before a home game against bottom of the table Crystal Palace , I said to him "you need to start playing better to stay in the team"

He responded along the lines " I will work harder as I don't want to be on the bench"

The chat must of worked wonders as he scored a hatrick and got POM!!!! , it was only Crystal Palace who are in 20th but still.

Just shows having chats with players can work wonders.

Archived