FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are your results going Mitch?

Where are you in the league now?

5th place in December first season

5 points off 1st spot

doing ok and have a game in hand having qualified top in CL group stages

used your tactic for 3 games so far with a home 4-1 win Shakhtar , home 0-0 Cardiff (tired squad from CL) , home 4-0 win Newcastle.

so going well , cheers Rosso

Tevez will be interesting, how does he look on FM14?

well he is 33 so i'll leave the rest to the imagination :D His stats are ok for an old boy, will upload a screenie at the end of my season, he scored in his debut but apparently a goalkeeper parrying the ball into the roof of the net when his shot was 1 yard out counts as an own goal...

5th place in December first season

5 points off 1st spot

doing ok and have a game in hand having qualified top in CL group stages

used your tactic for 3 games so far with a home 4-1 win Shakhtar , home 0-0 Cardiff (tired squad from CL) , home 4-0 win Newcastle.

so going well , cheers Rosso

When they get used to the tactic they do get better.

Hey there guys, I've also started a career with Arsenal. It's the start of October and we're 3 points behind MANU with 5 wins and 1 loss.

Here are my transfers:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/3xd.png/

Bought Lewandowski and brought back Cesc to the team. All seems to be well for the time being.

Did you get 50% of the transfer fee back as per the clause?

Just started a new Arsenal save ?

Brought the following:

Ashley Williams 5mil

Mohammed Diame 3.5mil

Didier Drogba 3.5mil

Went for cheap squad players for the first season to see how my squad gets on, don't like splashing the cash until I know exactly were it's needed.

Wish me luck, be happy with top 4, standard Arsenal!

Updates to follow

Just started a new Arsenal save

Brought the following:

Ashley Williams 5mil

Mohammed Diame 3.5mil

Didier Drogba 3.5mil

Went for cheap squad players for the first season to see how my squad gets on, don't like splashing the cash until I know exactly were it's needed.

Wish me luck, be happy with top 4, standard Arsenal!

Updates to follow

Good luck! I look forward to seeing the updates.

so second season finished, won the league by 6 points, Chelsea was 2nd, city 3rd and utd 4th, spurs finished 11th after finishing 2nd the season before so are already on the downwards spiral :D and lvierpool finished 12th, 2 seasons in a row in the bottom half for them, maybe its time to snap up suarez.

notable transfers in:

valdes - free

akinfeev - free - now sold for 10 mill as soon as this season finished

jeronimo rulli - Argentine goalkeeper, with his stats so far and after a year at brugges on loan he will be a 3rd choice for me - for now great buy at £3.5 mill

Will hughes - derby - £6.5

outgoings:

mertersacker - £10 mill, didn't need him anymore

djourou - £1.5mill

fabianski - £1mill

and for this upcoming seasons, I have brought in 8 kids and sold giroud for £5mill as he suffered an injury for 5 months and his stats went down badly and also sold flamini for £2mill as I have youth prospects that are capable of doing the job.

still playing 4-4-2 and looking pretty strong, vela performed brilliantly this season along with pato, but everton have been taken over and have offered me £32 million for vela and now deciding if I should take it... just right before the new season starts!

also wenger is at city now, keeps bidding for wilshere, ramsay and Walcott, bloody annoying as the players start to want new contracts as I keep rejecting

at the end of the second season I had a bid of 29mill accepted for him, but he wanted £425,000 a week wages! safe to say I said no

Wow!! I guess with the tax rate in France it would be mega high wages to attract him. I'm getting Valdes on a free at end of season and he's costing me £170k a week...renewed Szczesny's contract and he requested his squad status to be 'back up' so that worked out pretty well for next season!

looks like i'm fighting a losing battle with Balanta. going to accept any good offer (above 30mill pound) from clubs outside EPL in January. now in December.any idea who should I replace him with? I was looking at Marquinhos (PSG), Doria (FCP), Umtiti (now PSG) and Nastasic (now in PSG). Umtiti seems to be the more likely target due to his price and current wages (which is the lowest among all).

any idea who should I go for or is there any other good dc out there to replace Balanta?

Valdes was constantly offered to me too. tried to sign him once but he was asking for crazy wages, something like 170k or 190k per week, which is wary beyond what I would pay for my player. so the deal was off.

Wow!! I guess with the tax rate in France it would be mega high wages to attract him. I'm getting Valdes on a free at end of season and he's costing me £170k a week...renewed Szczesny's contract and he requested his squad status to be 'back up' so that worked out pretty well for next season!

looks like i'm fighting a losing battle with Balanta. going to accept any good offer (above 30mill pound) from clubs outside EPL in January. now in December.any idea who should I replace him with? I was looking at Marquinhos (PSG), Doria (FCP), Umtiti (now PSG) and Nastasic (now in PSG). Umtiti seems to be the more likely target due to his price and current wages (which is the lowest among all).

any idea who should I go for or is there any other good dc out there to replace Balanta?

Juan Jesus keeps scoring from corners for me, and thats without me touching the set pieces, 23 apps and 11 goals in his first season, 29 apps and 11 goals in second season, 8 apps and 2 goals this season so far

after one season with Arsenal, Bayern came in with an offer. I rejected as I won't let him go for less than 35mill.his agent was asking for an improved contract because of that. I decline cause he only joined for a year. i asked Balanta to consider sacking his agent, he said he would do it but did not. I was okay with it. at the end of the season, i renewed his contract and double his wages to 60k per week plus other bonuses. Bayern and Man Utd came in with the offers, and again, I rejected both. both clubs offered for less than 35mill which what I wanted.

6 months later, his agent asked for another improved contract. it was ridiculous as I just renewed his contract 6 months before. I asked him to sack his agent in which he did.barely few weeks after, he came himself asking for an improved contract in which I rejected. the drama started. he moaned about me not allowing him to talk to Man Utd and bla bla bla.he asked to be transfer listed and now not talking to me for few months.

and he said he is expecting to leave soon. I guess I'm going to sell him soon,maybe in January if the offer comes.

Had the same thing in my first season and it was usually Balanta.

The player who was the left DC (Balanta) would stand on the 6 yard box level with the near post when Özil was taking a corner from the right hand side, then time his run and with no-one near him stick it in the net and if I remember correctly he got into double figures as well.

Just checked and he scored 8.

balanta is amazing, im going to sell vermaelen soon and keep balanta, munich offered 30, rejected that straight away, and giving valdes 170k a week your mad!! he wanted that orginially but no one offered him a contract, got him on a trial during preseason and got him on 51k a week! :D seems I got a bargain compared to you at 170k a week

after one season with Arsenal, Bayern came in with an offer. I rejected as I won't let him go for less than 35mill.his agent was asking for an improved contract because of that. I decline cause he only joined for a year. i asked Balanta to consider sacking his agent, he said he would do it but did not. I was okay with it. at the end of the season, i renewed his contract and double his wages to 60k per week plus other bonuses. Bayern and Man Utd came in with the offers, and again, I rejected both. both clubs offered for less than 35mill which what I wanted.

6 months later, his agent asked for another improved contract. it was ridiculous as I just renewed his contract 6 months before. I asked him to sack his agent in which he did.barely few weeks after, he came himself asking for an improved contract in which I rejected. the drama started. he moaned about me not allowing him to talk to Man Utd and bla bla bla.he asked to be transfer listed and now not talking to me for few months.

and he said he is expecting to leave soon. I guess I'm going to sell him soon,maybe in January if the offer comes.

WOW! yeah see what you mean.

giving valdes 170k a week your mad!! he wanted that orginially but no one offered him a contract, got him on a trial during preseason and got him on 51k a week! :D seems I got a bargain compared to you at 170k a week

It'll be fine, if he doesn't perform for the first season he'll have a new contact that has been lowered vastly. I'm impressed that you managed to get him so low, there was several clubs in talks with him when I put in my contract offer

wow, look at physical attribute of Tevez. not bad at all for a 33 year old striker. anyway, thanks for the info on Juan Jesus Carmi88. scouting him now. i'll now consider him and umtiti since they're the cheapest of all.

right? there's no way I would let a player dictates what I suppose to offer him. am I getting too serious about it? :p

No I don't think so, you have to keep some sort of normality where finances are concerned. I can't remember who I went for but he wanted £96k so I told him to 'Go Forth and Multiply'.

Perhaps I'm tight :lol:, but I only buy players I need.

hahaha..love the passion everyone is showing here. anyway, next game is NLD and I haven't lost a game in the league yet.gotta keep that run going.

but I gotta go put my two kids to bed. it's 11.30 am here in Malaysia. will probably wake up to watch Giroud plays or Ronaldo goes up against Zlatan later early tomorrow morning. the game is at 4am here. will play Spurs then.goodluck and enjoy the game everyone!

No I don't think so, you have to keep some sort of normality where finances are concerned. I can't remember who I went for but he wanted £96k so I told him to 'Go Forth and Multiply'.

Perhaps I'm tight :lol:, but I only buy players I need.

I'm normally quite stringent with my wage budget, but when you get someone special, such as Zlatan, I would be more likely to break it, but asking £405k a week is beyond stupid!

Here's a question, if you had a SC that was scoring a goal a game and you was offered Messi who would do the same and you could afford his fee and his wages, would you buy him?

That depends, does your current SC combine his goal scoring with assists and overall team play? Messi probably will bring in added goals from assists, plus the added boost from a big name signing will help!

It'll be fine, if he doesn't perform for the first season he'll have a new contact that has been lowered vastly. I'm impressed that you managed to get him so low, there was several clubs in talks with him when I put in my contract offer

clubs went in for him but he wanted more than others offered, so his contract ran out, got released, got him on a trial for all of pre season and offered him a contract, got appearance fee of 12k and clean sheat of 17k but stil a good freebie.

That depends, does your current SC combine his goal scoring with assists and overall team play? Messi probably will bring in added goals from assists, plus the added boost from a big name signing will help!

I wouldn't buy him, so perhaps I'm the odd one out, or just the odd one....:lol:

anybody gotten to hand pick a feeder club yet? tried my luck with the struggling and managerless inter milan but they said no

yup I got to pick one, finally after 2 years and I picked dynamo from Croatia, with all the youth players over the years from there it was an easy pick for me

Archived