FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

guys Im using a 4-3-2-1 , based on llama's threads from the tactic forum , things have started off well but playing away to Southampton , the team falls to bits.

Im not 100% sure why but I think it could be because Southampton are using the same formation could this be the problem?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, only gholliday87 put something his contract about signing 'High Profile' players and wondered if you had noticed these options.

ah yeah not been offered a new contract yet but I think that is the philosophies I can do when interacting with the board

FEBRUARY 2013

PL - Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa - Walcott (2x), Drogba

PL - Swansea 1-2 Arsenal - Ozil, Walcott

PL - Arsenal 2-2 Cardiff - Walcott, Giroud

FA 5th R - Arsenal 6-0 Barnsley - Drogba (3x), Vermaelen, Vela, Wilshere

CL 1st KO - CSKA 1-3 Arsenal - Walcott, Wilshere, Giroud

PL - Southampton 1-0 Arsenal

Leading the PL, +3 on ManUtd and +7 on Chelsea

It seems that teams like Cardiff, Southampton and Sunderland don't seem to be pushovers like in previous years, which is a good thing.

lol , you can say that again, Southampton are on fire when I play them at there ground , I'm trying and tweaking my tactic out against them and they just dominate me , bit lost to be fair as the tactic has been working well in the last games

i have a decent 4 2 3 1 that has 3 amcs but can't get wider formations to work like a 4 1 2 2 1

:(

anyway, my transfers in

lars bender - 17 mill

lewandowski - 15 mill

connor hunte - free

balanta - 12 mill

mason bennet - free

transfers out

fabianski - 2.1 mill

park - loaned with future fee

sangog, afobe, galindo and martinez out on loan

trying to play a 4 2 3 1, a 4 4 1 1 and a 4 5 1

any recomendations on formations? is the 4 4 2 strong again?

I've decided to remove all the player instructions except for the Gk who has distribute to defenders.

As llama said these instructions were like the old sliders and I never touched them, thats why I decided to get rid of them.

I seem to be playing a more consistent game.

I am going to keep my original game as I will be starting the 2nd season soon, but I will start another game using 4-1-1-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 as a 2nd tactic and no player instructions and see how it compares with my original.

I signed him, but at the start of the game for 21.5mill pound.did you manage to get him?

Anyone managed to sign Robert Lewandowski , contract is running down and I'm approaching January

I read that if a player has only so much left on his contract you can negotiate with the club to move the deal forward, is that true?

That would be interesting if it works like that :)

just thought i share this with you guys. I bought Alex Sandro from FCP for 10 million pound to replace Monreal. I've never heard of him before.Finally I think I got what Arsene Wenger tried to get when he signed Andre Santos (still remember this guy). Sandro has got the flair of a brazilian, doing few tricks every now and then in the game. very good defender, good crosser, but a little bit lacking in terms of fitness. but so far, I've been really impressed with the lad. and he's only 24 years old in 2015.have a look at him guys.

I'm also looking into signing Alex Sandro. Gibbs isn't performing for me and I don't think Monreal is good enough.

Gibbs isn't performing for me and I don't think Monreal is good enough.

I'd give Monreal a chance...Gibbs was my first choice but he broke his ankle (or leg) and was out for a long time and Monreal more than impressed me in the half dozen games he played (he also played some of pre-season and cups) until he broke his leg (or ankle, get the two injuries mixed up!) and forced my hand into paying uber-bucks for Shaw

that's what I think too. you'll be paying the full amount and will get 50% of it back.

Was looking at transfer clauses last night, didn't realise that Arsenal are due 50% of Cesc's next transfer, am I right in thinking that if I managed to buy him for say GBP 30mil, I'd only end up paying GBP 15mil? If so I may have a sneaky crack at him!

Balanta is not happy and not talking to me for few months already. he was asking for a new contract after I turned down offers from Bayern and Man Utd for around 30Mill pound. I wasn't going to sell him for less than 35mill pound,let alone to two of my rivals.the thing is, I just renewed his contract 6 months before.he asked to be transfer listed, which I did.surprisingly, he's still playing at the top of his games even though his relationship with the management (me obviously) is at all time low. very professional indeed.

I've started a new season to try out some tactics and we are on a club tour of Malaysia and in the 2nd friendly we are playing a team called Penang Kelab and at half time were 16-0 up, but they are an obscure team.

I've played obscure teams before and never been this far in front at half time, full time yes, but never half time. Whats the betting I only score 3-4 goals in the 2nd half?

The more I hear of Balanta the more I like him. Anyone see future captain? I can't remember his leadership stats from top of my head

If I remember rightly Balanta captained my side in a couple of the C1C games. I think he will make a good captain, might be worth putting him on leadership training and see what happens.

his leadership is only 7.never made him a captain yet. but i secretly like this guy even though Im putting him on transfer list :p

If I remember rightly Balanta captained my side in a couple of the C1C games. I think he will make a good captain, might be worth putting him on leadership training and see what happens.

Malaysia, that's where I come from.Penang is one of the states here. tbh, I don't really know how good this team is cause I don't really follow football in my home country.I've seen our national team played against Arsenal, Chelsea and even Barcelona in the past few years and we were not that bad.the biggest lost was only 4-1 if i remember it correctly. to be fair, Penang is not that far away in terms of quality, at least it shouldn't be a 16-0 at half time. surely it was over exaggerated a little bit imo.anyway, it's good to see Arsenal go against one of teams in my home country :)

I've started a new season to try out some tactics and we are on a club tour of Malaysia and in the 2nd friendly we are playing a team called Penang Kelab and at half time were 16-0 up, but they are an obscure team.

I've played obscure teams before and never been this far in front at half time, full time yes, but never half time. Whats the betting I only score 3-4 goals in the 2nd half?

I signed him, but at the start of the game for 21.5mill pound.did you manage to get him?

hi not yet might try when he has 6 months left on his contract.

I've decided to remove all the player instructions except for the Gk who has distribute to defenders.

As llama said these instructions were like the old sliders and I never touched them, thats why I decided to get rid of them.

I seem to be playing a more consistent game.

I am going to keep my original game as I will be starting the 2nd season soon, but I will start another game using 4-1-1-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 as a 2nd tactic and no player instructions and see how it compares with my original.

Im going to try this as well , do you keep team instructions or alter them as and when?

Also when you get a team report on next opposition , how should I read into it as the reports only give vague information such as what I should set for match prep and what formations they use and are vulnerable to.

Its all good suggesting what formation they are vulnerable to but if my team have not adapted to that tactic it wont really work?

Just wondering what you guys do to if anything to get the best from your team on the day

Hi Mitch, right my 2 formations are 4-1-1-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 both Very Fluid/Control.

There are no player instructions, EXCEPT for the GKeeper which I like set to 'Distribute to defenders'.

There are 8 team instructions, Shorter Passing, Play out of Defence, Play Wider, Push Up Higher, Hassle Opponents, Use Tighter Marking, Lower Tempo and Be More Expressive.

Once these are set I DON"T change anything. I don't take any notice of what the opposition like or don't like, I don't even read the team reports, its just 'Oh West Ham next' pick the team and send them out.

Hi Mitch, right my 2 formations are 4-1-1-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 both Very Fluid/Control.

There are no player instructions, EXCEPT for the GKeeper which I like set to 'Distribute to defenders'.

There are 8 team instructions, Shorter Passing, Play out of Defence, Play Wider, Push Up Higher, Hassle Opponents, Use Tighter Marking, Lower Tempo and Be More Expressive.

Once these are set I DON"T change anything. I don't take any notice of what the opposition like or don't like, I don't even read the team reports, its just 'Oh West Ham next' pick the team and send them out.

Interesting you play with a lower tempo...any particular reason for this? I'm constantly been told to "play a more direct form of football" even though my current brand is loved by the fans and is very successful.

thanks , do you rotate the tactics depending on who you are playing , also do mind posting the player roles please?

When I start preseason I make sure I play at least 10-12 friendlies against obscure teams that you know you will hammer 6,7,8,9,10-0 and more as this really pushes up their morale and helps get them used to your tactics.

This is Cleon's preseason ritual. Take a look at this link Cleon's Preseason

PS; For some reason his screenshots are missing, probably because he's taken it from the 2013 thread, but it does give you the gist of what to do.

When I start preseason I make sure I play at least 10-12 friendlies against obscure teams that you know you will hammer 6,7,8,9,10-0 and more as this really pushes up their morale and helps get them used to your tactics.

This is Cleon's preseason ritual. Take a look at this link Cleon's Preseason

yeah seen that will try that , anyway i tried your tactic against Shakhtar in the CL group stage at home beating them 4-1 to qualify with a game in hand.

so pretty good when they have not learnt the formation fully yet. cheers

Glad it worked Mitch, BUT if you lose it's nothing to do with me...:lol:

lol,

In December now , Just put in a low bid for Robert Lewandowski and it was accepted , he is not that interested in signing so his personal terms will be high but I think he is worth it , I also think he can play the DLF role well so will give Giroud good competition.

If I leave it and attempt to sign him in January I may lose out to other clubs so think its better to act now.

IF(A)'s are a good idea to come in and link with a Treq, although a CF(S) does much the same thing, but is a better goalscorer instead of a Treq, kind of forces a symmetrical tactic though, especially from the full/wing backs to get enough width and pitch coverage.

Cool thanks. Yeah I have a CFs as my main setup. I think it will just make more sense to have him play that role when he is at Striker.

EDIT: Just a wee update on my FM13 save. Second season and rolling. Will provide a much more indepth update come the end of the season.

So far have won everything ive had a chance to (CS, WCC, SuperCup and C1C)

C1C was a great showing, even though it was just 1-0 over City, we played with a lot of composure and beat off everything they threw at us. New signing Neymar with the winner.

Since then we have been in fine form including a 3-0 win at Anfield followed by a 6-1 drubbing of Fulham. Most recently beat that Rugby team at the Britannia 2-0, and it could have been a lot more. I think we are unbeaten in the league still at this stage as well.

Performances wise, there is a nice spread of goals. I think Giroud is leading the chart with 20 in 20 starts.

Keep getting tempted by FM14, but am enjoying this save too much right now.

Archived