FM14: Rate My Regen Thread

PequenoGenio

New FM, new thread :brock:

Have you found a gem of a regen from an obscure country that you have never heard of, got him capped and feel proud?

Want to get your regen rated as you feel that he is the best regen ever?

Maybe you want some advice on your regen, how to play him, what should you train him on?

There is no specific format to follow, just post up a screenshot of your regen! If you need to, also along with your screenshot you could have a bit of background information about him, like where you got him, how much you paid or anything similiar.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a few quality regens at the minute, Owusu-Ansah is a beast considering he is aged just 17 (he is also learning to improve his weak foot). Paredes is also a world class DLP and still has another 2 stars of improvement to come according to my assistant. The other 2 have at lease 2 and a half star improvement to go so both should definitely become world class.

Paredes_zps40d21bb9.png

Owusu-Ansah_zpse1314084.png

malfleury_zpsabfeb3a4.png

Hutch_zps23209ffe.png

• 2 weeks later...

EricOwusu-Ansah_OverviewAttributes_zps77b0a29d.png

LucasParedes_OverviewAttributes_zpsb9382072.png

LuisManuelAlonso_OverviewAttributes_zpsf5851122.png

PaulMalfleury_OverviewAttributes_zps8cc7873a.png

Here are a few of my best players so far (theyve developed a lot since the screenshots earlier in this thread). Paredes is probably my favourite, he is the perfect deep lying playmaker. Owusu-Ansah is absoloutely deadly as an inside forward, he still has a bit of growth left and im trying to get him to develop his weaker foot. Malfleury is one of the best defenders ive seen, he has no weaknesses and isnt yet at his full potential according to my assistant.

10735918306_5022c59483_o.png

I just stole him from Man City's U20 team. He's a 4.5 Star according to my attacking coaches. I'm here because I want you guys to help me train him - this guy could be a club legend and I don't want to screw it up! :)

(Subbed him in the 61st minute of the US Open Cup Semi Final and he scores the winning goal in his debut - then plays in the Reserve match and scores a hat-trick lol Kid is something special)

10735918306_5022c59483_o.png

I just stole him from Man City's U20 team. He's a 4.5 Star according to my attacking coaches. I'm here because I want you guys to help me train him - this guy could be a club legend and I don't want to screw it up! :)

(Subbed him in the 61st minute of the US Open Cup Semi Final and he scores the winning goal in his debut - then plays in the Reserve match and scores a hat-trick lol Kid is something special)

Unfortunately he's not a regen mate, he's the son of Andrew Cole (ex Newcastle, Man Utd etc) and starts the game in Man City's U20 team.

Hi guys. Any pointers or links you can provide to help me find those talented regens? Playing as Chelsea, I sent my scouts to all the key regions (14 scouts) and have them roaming to expand area knowledge. My global scouting knowledge is now 39%. I believe Brazil just went through a youth intake, but I can't validate any of the players unless I scout individually, which is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I have knowledge of Brazil - should I just scout the nation for a few weeks to see what is found?

I have scouts search for regions with at begining of game max age 21 with potential star rating of 4.5 star at least. Then in 2-3 years and onwards I reduce the age to 16 maximum.

To find every youth intake of every club go to Drop down menu of the leagues you have - Then on the top click on Overview - World - Transfers - And in drop down menu click on Youth Intake.

And depending on month you choose is what regens have come in.

This guy joined my (Villa) youth squad at the end of season 1. I'm normally pretty guilty of not paying much attention to youth but was invited to watch the U18s vs Youth Trialists game where he was tremendous.

v2qz2v.jpg

No way. No where near worth €20M let alone €30M+

€30m is well over the odds for what he is now, but his determination of 20 means he has every chance of developing into a great player. Scoring 5 in 3 in what I assume was pre-season and getting an 8 in his league debut also looks promising.

Bit of a long post so apologise in advance! :lol:

Both of these lads came through my youth system in the 1st season, both already made a number of appearances in 1st team.

11m6w7a.png

25qdemp.png

My scouts have also found me some real gems in South America.

Signed for 3.5m, rising to 5m with add ons. Bravery might be an issue but worth taking a chance on I feel.

ml0dqh.png

Signed for 1m.

2egacti.png

Signed for 1m. Looks ideal for a B2B role in my tactic (with the right training).

2yud3ib.png

Signed for 700k. Already got the makings of a top class lone striker. With the right training could be a club legend!

2s1m8uh.png

Signed for 400k. This signing looks an absolute steal! If I can get his mental stats up when he joins us he could become the best striker in my game. Can't wait to see what he turns out like in 4-5 years! :D

hwmgl3.png

No way. No where near worth €20M let alone €30M+

I'm not sure. In his first season he scored 43 goals and 20 assists at age 18. This is for Nottingham Forest, not a top team, if he had better support I'm sure he could of got over 50. Think about this guy in 10 years when he's in his prime. His stats don't look the best I agree but he sure does put in a performance.

coHfq92.png End of season stats

Guest El Payaso

How common are these "18-year-old and already world-class"-players? I've never really had too many long saves in FM because of the re-gens, just can't enjoy the game after they are taking over. The main frustration is that in the beginning of the game you have a few promising individuals but after the first youth intake you are likely going to have a few much better re-gens and these existing talents are often forgotten.

5a2pOCJ.png

I'm going after this kid. Athletic want £13M for him, however, which I don't have at the moment... but I'm determined to snap him up before a big club comes in for him!

A 6"7' 16 year old!!!

I think he's playing the wrong sport! He's going to be a monster when he reaches his peak. Looks technically sound too as you'd expect from a Spaniard.

I think he's playing the wrong sport! He's going to be a monster when he reaches his peak. Looks technically sound too as you'd expect from a Spaniard.

Yep, so excited to get him developed. Managed to sign him for £12.25M, already got his finishing up by 1, hoping to get his strength up too. Any other stats I should look to develop?

Also can anyone recommend someone to tutor him to get his determination up?

How common are these "18-year-old and already world-class"-players? I've never really had too many long saves in FM because of the re-gens, just can't enjoy the game after they are taking over. The main frustration is that in the beginning of the game you have a few promising individuals but after the first youth intake you are likely going to have a few much better re-gens and these existing talents are often forgotten.

I have the same opinion, but its the only way the game can progress in terms of new players, world class ones arent as rare as they should be, but when you get one its great !

Alessandro_Noris_Overview_Profile.jpg

This player just came to my youth team and since he has 5* PA I would love to make him a world beater. His flair is only 4 so please give me some suggestions on maybe retraining him to a new position and which role he should play.

I totally agree with El Payaso, that's why I remove the regen faces.... it still makes them regens, you just don't have that awkward look on them. (I'm not a facepack guy either).

One thing I like on my regens are Mental Stats, I look for my kids to have Determination >14 and then I can tutor them to grow up. Anyone below that is just not good for me.

Also >1,75m I don't like short players...and I've seen alot of regen players below 1,70m which for me is a turn down. that 16y with 2.00m will be a beast. I'm currently trying to buy this Chinese 18y:

vGBDarA.png

These two are my top prospects:

Expect him to be a towering centre-back even though I'm training him to be DM C (like a big guy in front of my Defense). Have Marcos Rojo, Eder Balanta and Fernando Tobio to tutor him

dmgFka2.png

Potential World Class Left-Midfielder, want him to improve crossing. shadowing Diego Capel

AeuHXn4.png