Sports Interactive Community
batty1

FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

Tactics will be fine if they are built on sound logic. It was the same last year and changes weren't needed with each patch. To claim that to be the case is quite preposterus in all honesty. :D

Tactics will be fine if they are built on sound logic. It was the same last year and changes weren't needed with each patch. To claim that to be the case is quite preposterus in all honesty. :D

Perhaps hyperbole on my part, but I do recall having spent a lot more attention to it last year than in previous years. Maybe I am just a tactical dinosaur and need to get with the times. :D

Papadopolous doesnt cost any more then £15.5m

Finishing does need work, Tactics havn't needed changing, but then it depends on how you play and what they correct in patches if they deside to change anything major, which at this stage they wont, latest patch actually made mine better :D.

Todays update won't have done anything to the ME to aid your finishing. It was only to clear up a crash that alot of people, myself including, were having.

Started a game as Man Utd today - seem to have gone the same route as a lot of you. 4-2-3-1 slow build up and short passing.

Sold Anderson, Cleverly and Hernandez and loaned out many players. Brought in Ward-Prowse and Yarmolenko. Tried to bring in Shaw, but so far the asking price has just been too much. May try again in January, though I'm more than happy to let Evra see the year out as first choice. Also tried to offload Young too but couldn't get any interest in him, but he's turned out to be my best player by some way with 8.28 - 4 goals 2 assists and 2 MoM in 4 games from a AML W:S role. Will regret getting Yarmolenko if Young keeps this up!

Have a 100% competitive record so far, but haven't played any tough opponents. Still, pleased with the start.

Couple of questions.

Have you guys been getting goals out of RVP in a lone ST role? If so how have you been playing him?

How on earth do you tutor people?!?! I can't find it anywhere, only been able to use coaches suggestions in the fortnightly meetings.

Click on the player profile of the player you want to do the tutoring then click on talk to player.

Aha I just found it. The Talk To Player button doesn't exist any more, but I finally noticed Private Chat in the Overview dropdown. Typical I'd find it as soon as I asked -_-

there is also a request tutoring button in the training window.

Reached December 31st. got battered by everton and somehow won 2-0, Arsneal gone from 3 points behind to 20 within that month, opening up an allmighty scramble from 2nd to 8th

5FE359AE4B348D006F3C5443733E6759312300C5

and Liverpool STILL in bottom 3 :D

results and scorers

0C8E3351E575185A65267F52E5DEB847191DB905

Todays update won't have done anything to the ME to aid your finishing. It was only to clear up a crash that alot of people, myself including, were having.
they also seam to have fixed the inbox bug that arrived with the update that came before this one

there is also a request tutoring button in the training window.

Reached December 31st. got battered by everton and somehow won 2-0, Arsneal gone from 3 points behind to 20 within that month, opening up an allmighty scramble from 2nd to 8th

5FE359AE4B348D006F3C5443733E6759312300C5

and Liverpool STILL in bottom 3 :D

I'm a few points better off than you. You need to up your game ;)

BywyLQk.png

How does Nick Powell look for everybody? He is developing quite rapidly on my game, and I haven't really give him that much playing time, but he took Cleverly's spot in my rotations, looks like he is going to be a class player. Also, looks like Cleverly will be sold in the summer, with Powell making such progress and adition of Lucas Romero from Ajax making Tom surplus. Zaha too is a transfer list candidate, I'm considering giving Januzaj the AMR spot. With Kagawa,Vitinho and Januzaj ,I hope to make them fluid and roaming behind striker..not sure how to do it but it is tactical idea I'd love to make work :)

Yeah, I'm considering offloading Cleverley and replacing him with Powell once he comes back from his loan. Cleverley could easily fetch £15m! Then I could set Carrick as Powell's tutor, and hopefully he should improve quite a lot.

Yeah, I'm considering offloading Cleverley and replacing him with Powell once he comes back from his loan. Cleverley could easily fetch £15m! Then I could set Carrick as Powell's tutor, and hopefully he should improve quite a lot.

Players don't directly improve simply by being tutored.

Tom Cleverly can be sold at the end of 1st season for a lot of money. I got rid of him for about £25-£30m to PSG after the 1st season. i cant remember exact amount as at work but it was high and they were chasing him throughout most of the 1st season and at that price i had to get rid of him.

Players don't directly improve simply by being tutored.

I know, but it will improve his professionalism and mental/hidden stats.

Just got knocked out of the League Cup in the semis by Man City. Both legs finished 0-0, and we went out on penalties.

I know, but it will improve his professionalism and mental/hidden stats.

Yeah was just saying as the post I replied to suggested otherwise. :)

Is anyone else having problems with Carrick?

I am trying to get him to tutor Jones, but on two occasions he has rejected me. Now personally, i see no reason why he wouldnt do it tbh....

Or suggest an alternative person to Tutor Jones, my other thought might be Rio

I am trying to get him to tutor Jones, but on two occasions he has rejected me. Now personally, i see no reason why he wouldnt do it tbh....

Rio would be good because Jones will be a world class ball-playing defender

Carrick tutored Kovacic for me with no problems.

Personally, I've never felt the need to tutor Jones. His determination and professionalism are already great.

Rio would be good because Jones will be a world class ball-playing defender

Rio said yes!!!

I know Jones has good determination and professionalism, i just want to see if there is a way to kinda give him the extra push, just to make sure.

Might try get Rooney to tutor Welbeck too

If you get a player to be tutored by a player with lower determination I've found that the younger player's determination will fall and I think Rio has a lower determination than Jones.

If you get a player to be tutored by a player with lower determination I've found that the younger player's determination will fall and I think Rio has a lower determination than Jones.

And what is wrong with a players "Determination" falling? Why do you seem to think that is important?

Speaking of Jones.... What position do you all play him in?

Just had a game against Leverkusen and he was MOTM playing as a DMC

And what is wrong with a players "Determination" falling? Why do you seem to think that is important?

Just a heads up to those who may not know. Not sure why you seem have to taken issue with this.

Just a heads up to those who may not know. Not sure why you seem have to taken issue with this.

I haven't. I am simply asking you what makes you think it is important. :D

I haven't. I am simply asking you what makes you think it is important. :D

I didn't say it was important.

I didn't say it was important.

So why highlight the fact that it can decrease? Seems an odd thing to do. :)

So why highlight the fact that it can decrease? Seems an odd thing to do. :)

Well I've seen people before that have disappointed that their chosen tutor has caused a decrease in a player's determination, so thought I'd mention it in case some people were not aware of this. Just trying to help.

Speaking of Jones.... What position do you all play him in?

Just had a game against Leverkusen and he was MOTM playing as a DMC

Play him as MC as a BWM Defend and then drop him back to DM as a BWM for certain away games

Well I've seen people before that have disappointed that their chosen tutor has caused a decrease in a player's determination, so thought I'd mention it in case some people were not aware of this. Just trying to help.

I wasn't saying you weren't trying to help. It was just a genuine question as I know alot of people have this ridiculus idea that "Determination" is some hugely important attribute.

I wasn't saying you weren't trying to help. It was just a genuine question as I know alot of people have this ridiculus idea that "Determination" is some hugely important attribute.

I'm aware it is not as important as some people believed, especially in terms of player development.

Determination is one of the most important attributes if not the most important. I'd never tutor a player if his tutro has less Determintaion then the tutee (spelling?) does.

Determination is one of the most important attributes if not the most important. I'd never tutor a player if his tutro has less Determintaion then the tutee (spelling?) does.

Err, no it's not. Really, it's no more important than any other attribute.

Imagine you have two players. Player A has "Decisions" of 17 and "Determination" of 11. Player B is the other way around. You'd have to be a lunatic to choose Player B.

As I already said, it is. It's even says so in in-game Hint & Tips. It says so in research guidelines IIRC.

Err, no it's not. Really, it's no more important than any other attribute.

Imagine you have two players. Player A has "Decisions" of 17 and "Determination" of 11. Player B is the other way around. You'd have to be a lunatic to choose Player B.

Hmmm how sure are you with that? I've always been led to believe (from untold posts on the forums) that Dertimation is the most important stat on determining wether a player fufills his potential.

And I would actually pick Player B, assuming that hes a youth player with bags of potential

Hmmm how sure are you with that? I've always been led to believe (from untold posts on the forums) that Dertimation is the most important stat on determining wether a player fufills his potential.

And I would actually pick Player B, assuming that hes a youth player with bags of potential

I've always thought Professionalism is the most important attribute when it comes to training.

I've always thought Professionalism is the most important attribute when it comes to training.

Well thats a hidden attribute

Well thats a hidden attribute

It is often the case that if determination is high then professionalism is high too, which makes determination a useful guide.

Determination is an incredibly important attribute.
As I already said, it is. It's even says so in in-game Hint & Tips. It says so in research guidelines IIRC.

You're all so wrong.

Just tell me, why is "Determination" so important? What does it offer a striker for instance? Is it more important than "Finishing", "Composure", "Decisions", or "Off The Ball"? Please, enlighten me. :D

You sir, are a lunatic. :thup:

Its not, it really isn't.

You're all so wrong.

Just tell me, why is "Determination" so important? What does it offer a striker for instance? Is it more important than "Finishing", "Composure", "Decisions", or "Off The Ball"? Please, enlighten me. :D

You sir, are a lunatic. :thup:

I was only refering to say for example a 16 year old player, hes more likely to reach his full potential IF his determination is high. Thats what i've always followed since I can remember.

Quick tip. The top option on tutoring will increase his ability a bit in the areas the tutor is good in, maybe he picks up some PPM's too.

With the mentals and determination matching/increasing to the tutor's. that is true, on the "Mentoring off the pitch" option, where the guy being tutored will try and improve mentally, at least thats how i look at it.

Young/bad mentals? "mentor off the pitch"

around 20 with good mentals? "learn from, improve game"

hasn't failed me yet

I was only refering to say for example a 16 year old player, hes more likely to reach his full potential IF his determination is high. Thats what i've always followed since I can remember.

No he's not.

Quick tip. The top option on tutoring will increase his ability a bit in the areas the tutor is good in, maybe he picks up some PPM's too.

With the mentals and determination matching/increasing to the tutor's. that is true, on the "Mentoring off the pitch" option, where the guy being tutored will try and improve mentally, at least thats how i look at it.

Young/bad mentals? "mentor off the pitch"

around 20 with good mentals? "learn from, improve game"

hasn't failed me yet

See, you're wrong too;

Option 1 will transfer personality traits and also bring in the possibility of PPM transfers.

Option 2 will transfer only personality traits.

@Cleon: Could you elaborate on why Determination it isn't such an important attribute?

I always thought it is key to how quickly a player can fulfill their potential. Also thought it determines how they react to going behind in a game.

No he's not.

See, you're wrong too;

Option 1 will transfer personality traits and also bring in the possibility of PPM transfers.

Option 2 will transfer only personality traits.

I guess the dozens of forum posts i've read are wrong then, I have definitly read that numerous times from reliable sources on this forum