Sports Interactive Community
batty1

FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

Januzaj's progressing very nicely for me with Shinji tutoring him.
why did you pick Shinji for the job? surely Giggs would have been better with curls ball ppm and better personality

Is Januzaj's natural fitness terrible, or is it just randomised? He has a 5 on my game.
probably random, has 11 on my save, but he seams somewhat injury prone (that attribute might also be random?)

probably random, has 11 on my save, but he seams somewhat injury prone (that attribute might also be random?)
very injury prone for me, broke his ankle, came back and broke it again in the very next news message, he never finishes 90 minutes for me either

why did you pick Shinji for the job? surely Giggs would have been better with curls ball ppm and better personality

I wanted RVP, but the only suggested tutors were Rooney, Kagawa and Carrick I think. I wasn't sure if you had to use one of those, because I couldn't figure out how to suggest somebody else. Rooney refused to do it, but Januzaj's progressing really well under Kagawa's training.

Is Januzaj's natural fitness terrible, or is it just randomised? He has a 5 on my game.

It's 13 on mine, but I'm already getting messages saying he needs a rest and I'm only in December. He's only started 11 games.

Just got drawn against Real Madrid in the first round of the Champions League knockout. Doing things the hard way since '99...

Hey all,

How is everyone using Rooney? I am playing, basically, a 4-4-2 with Rooney upfront as a false 9 (either alongside RVP as a CF or Hernandez as a poacher). Although we as a team are doing very well, Rooney has been quite disapointing (7.15 ave rating and just 3 goals in 16 starts in total).

Just can't seem to get a decent performance out of him at all. Have talked to him and told him that I have faith in him to get back to scoring ways, but it certainly has not helped.

I've been playing Rooney as a deep lying forward (support) and he was averaging a 7.5 with 7 goals in 11 appearances (until he got a fractured skull which put him out for 2-3 months). It's Hernandez who doesn't seem to fit into any of tactics very well unfortunately.

I think Rooney's ears must have been burning. He's just scored twice and assisted another with an overall rating of 9.4.

Hernandez has been poor for me, too. Can't wait to get to the summer so I shape the squad into how I want it.

I use Rooney in the AMC slot but hes hit and miss there too

Rooney is a false 9 for me, 16 goals & 11 assists in 33 games. 7.42 rating. He got 12 in 14 for England though so struggling a little to get the best out of him

Holy ****. The contract negotiations on this are hard. Cannot get Carrick to agree a new contract because of budget restrictions, his agent and ridiculous fees for playing and not-playing.

Holy ****. The contract negotiations on this are hard. Cannot get Carrick to agree a new contract because of budget restrictions, his agent and ridiculous fees for playing and not-playing.

Yeah I had to give in to Evra and Fabios demands as as soon as it was possible for PSG to try and poach them by offering them contracts, my own fault for letting them run down to 6 months left on there contracts, luckily they both signed new ones with me though

hg4k.png

I'm highly annoyed this somehow ended 1-1. Seems to happen on a pretty consistent basis.

hg4k.png

I'm highly annoyed this somehow ended 1-1. Seems to happen on a pretty consistent basis.

only natural to have to odd game like that, had one of those when I went out of the league cup, had 21 shoots, lots of decent chances, game finished 0-0 after 120 min and I got booted out on pens

Thanks. Do you (or anyone else having success) simply have player roles set by your tactics or do you change them depending on who plays to suit the players?

I have the beta but I'm going to wait until the full version comes out before I start what I hope to be a long term game at United :)

I use the presets for each position and only use different role and presets for hernandez (poacher) if he plays FCL and Rooney (false nine)

also a few different instructions if fellaini is playing DMC (or Carrick)

8 clear cut chances and no goals? Who was up front, Anderson? :rolleyes:

That's seriously unlucky but they happen, unfortunately.

Hey all,

How is everyone using Rooney? I am playing, basically, a 4-4-2 with Rooney upfront as a false 9 (either alongside RVP as a CF or Hernandez as a poacher). Although we as a team are doing very well, Rooney has been quite disapointing (7.15 ave rating and just 3 goals in 16 starts in total).

Just can't seem to get a decent performance out of him at all. Have talked to him and told him that I have faith in him to get back to scoring ways, but it certainly has not helped.

Have faith in Rooney , he will produce(he had a few low ratings in the first month, afterwards he was really good)

Rooney : false nine / support : roam from position

Van Persie : Targetman / Attack : shoot more often - move into channels

i'm in februari 2014 and : Rooney scored 11 goals, 4 assists in 25 games . Van Persie scores 20 goals , 8 assists in 24 games.

Just like this time last year I thought we might add each other to Steam, so we can have a chat about the game. :) My username over there, in case someone wants to add me: mirzamvp

8 clear cut chances and no goals? Who was up front, Anderson? :rolleyes:

That's seriously unlucky but they happen, unfortunately.

I'm not sure about FM14, but I know that on FM13 Clear Cut Chances were known to be a bit buggy. As in things were/weren't getting counted as CCC's that should have/should not have been.

Restarting a new save with United and had a look at Dortmund, they're willing to sell Lewandowski for around 24 million, seems like kinda a bargain

Restarting a new save with United and had a look at Dortmund, they're willing to sell Lewandowski for around 24 million, seems like kinda a bargain

If you have the guts to hang on you can sometimes get him for £17M towards the end of the transfer window.

Lewandowskis contract is almost over and Myself (United), Man City and Barcelona are chasing him and went in with contracts. He accepted City which was fair enough but then the deal fell through because City cant free up enough funds (How that is possible with them I dont know), now City keep going in with a contract upon failure and its happened 4 times now where he just keeps accepting City and the deal falls through due to citys funds, which is making it impossible for me or Barcelona to sign him. Fustrating

He accepted City which was fair enough but then the deal fell through because City cant free up enough funds (How that is possible with them I dont know)

Over wage budget I pressume.

Just to let people know, the Man United researcher has said Kagawa's passing needs increasing from 14 and Januzaj needs the 'Avoids Using Weaker Foot' PPM removing, which won't happen until the next data update. So people may want to use the editor to implement these changes themselves before starting a new United save when the full game is released.

Cant believe nobody mention Marco Verratti, got him for 12M ... Totally worth it!

I tried to get Marco Verratti but they wanted £37.5M :o

Bayern wouldn't go below £35M for Alaba... although their first counter-offer was over £42M so I guess I whittled them down... a bit.

I told both of them to get lost.

Just to let people know, the Man United researcher has said Kagawa's passing needs increasing from 14 and Januzaj needs the 'Avoids Using Weaker Foot' PPM removing, which won't happen until the next data update. So people may want to use the editor to implement these changes themselves before starting a new United save when the full game is released.

And Welbeck's defensive/intelligence side to his game needs majorly improving, but I don't want to do all this then have to start all over again with another save.

Replace Rooney with Jese from Madrid and you won't look back! Van Persie as a DLF (s) and Jese as Adv F (A). You can't defend against them! Welbeck and (surprisingly) Hernandez were too wasteful in front of goal for me and Rooney was ineffectual. Van Persie is a beast it's just a shame he's on such a massive wage!

I wasn't having much success with a DLP/AP on this FM, so I went for Power in Midfield. Fellaini is a monster as BWM CM alongside Dembele as a B2B Mid. Creativity comes from Januzaj drifting in from ML while Alaba bombs forward from DL. For those on a budget, Ben Davies from Swansea is 9/10 of the player Alaba is for half the price!

Long term plans are to bring in Benteke/Morata in a season or 2 once RVP starts declining. Rafael is a beast at MR Winger (a), and adds a lot of defensive strength to the midfield, the only negative being his creativity. Looking to bring in Quintero in at the end of the year as a compatriot for Balanta and retrain him as a ML. Januzaj is being retrained to MR, so Rafael can drop back to DR.

And Welbeck's defensive/intelligence side to his game needs majorly improving, but I don't want to do all this then have to start all over again with another save.
decisions and bravery in particular should be higher, while his finishing is probably way to good at 14 and as such should be lower

I am in a dilemma. 27 league games into my 2nd season..sitting on 2nd place, 5 points behind Chelsea. I have one of the youngest squads in the league with Vitinho(21),Shaw(19),Brandt(18),Doria(19),Powell(20),Koke(22),Zaha(22),Jones(22),Januzaj(19)..I think I'm doing quite well considering plenty of inexperience in my squad. But my issue is Rooney and Van Persie. Both are on 1.2mil.eur/per month, and while Rooney is useful although not really worth that money..Persie is 31 yeras with one more year of his contract. My finances are great, I'll have around 80 milion for spending surely and by selling Rooney an RVP ,I'll save 2.4 mil/month..thats 30 milion per year! Should I sell them and buy just one WC striker? I'm not even sure that RVP will be possible to sell considering his wage.

I was thinking Balotelli .maybe try Falcao

Have you seen the wages for Falcao?

If you only manage to sell Ronney then buy Falcao you will you increasing your wage because of RVP high earner clause....

Ok, so i have a predicament.

I am in November of my first Season and my game decided to update itself, and now my preferred summer target, Lewandinski's, future transfer to Bayern has been taken off.

So, do i start a new game and go after him or stick with what i have already started?

If anyone has him in their team, can they let me know how he is performing too....

Since i couldnt get him, i went for Benteke (because i sold Hernandez) and he is performing well, but not getting the goals i need.... So advice needed!!!

Honestly, that's up to you, Devvy. Maybe try for Cavani? Have you thought about going after a younger striker, like Saharwaway or Jese, and building him up? I'm trying to do that with Welbeck, although I'm not sure what level he'll eventually reach.

What about Jackon Martinez from Porto?

llorente might be worth a punt, was a beast in FM12 and 13.

there is also a kid at santos my scouts found who likes quite good.

I'm playing Rooney as Target Man Attack and RVP as Complete Forward Support, all crosses aimed towards the target man and having huge success with the both of them, i also have 'pass into space' being used

Never actually looked at Llorente before..... Gonna send my scouts to look at him

Cavani's wages are far too high, he was asking over 300,000 p/w, and Rooney and RVP are only on 180,000, with high earner clauses.... So it will send me into financial meltdown....

Jackon Martinez i am gonna scout and Saharwaway and Jese are on my current "to develop" list

Scott, is the Santos kid called Gabriel Barbosa?

Jackon Martinez i am gonna scout and Saharwaway and Jese are on my current "to develop" list
Honestly, that's up to you, Devvy. Maybe try for Cavani? Have you thought about going after a younger striker, like Saharwaway or Jese, and building him up? I'm trying to do that with Welbeck, although I'm not sure what level he'll eventually reach.

I'm usually not the type of guy who torments people about their spelling, but could we please say "El Shaarawy" instead of "Saharwaway"? Thanks :)

in jan of my 2nd season and want a top class centre half to replace vidic and play alongside jones. Balanta has moved twice and is now going to cost well over £30m. has anyone tried any of the following:

Varane

Hummels

K Papadopolous

Marquinhos

I have doria in my squad but he is only rated at 3 stars by my scouts so i suppose i am trying to get someone of a 4 star minimum if possible

Varane and Hummels are total beasts!

Hummels especially..... he is someone i have looked to buy on the last 3 Football Manager games...

Varane is good too however, when i was on the back end of FM13 they were my united defense partnership....

I have doria in my squad but he is only rated at 3 stars by my scouts so i suppose i am trying to get someone of a 4 star minimum if possible

Why not read the scout report rather than just looking the star ratings? Stars don't tell you everything.

i have read the scout reports on him and they have him as becoming a star premier defender in the future. the same scout has marquinhos as a world class future defender. doria is rated by the same scout as less of a standard than the 4 i suggested and phil jones.

hummels will cost me £30m + £15m over 48 months

Marquinhos being quoted at £102m currently!!!!

i have read the scout reports on him and they have him as becoming a star premier defender in the future. the same scout has marquinhos as a world class future defender. doria is rated by the same scout as less of a standard than the 4 i suggested and phil jones.

Then fair enough, but referring to star ratings doesn't help anyone really. :D

Varane

Hummels

K Papadopolous

Marquinhos

These will all be a bit pricey I'd say, I was able to get Umtiti for 7.5M somehow at the end of the first season. I am in my 3rd season and he is my best CB now, most 20/20 scouts rated him as a 4* potential in my game at least and that is now what Tassotti (my AM) says he is, but he's possibly a random PA (as I would guess is Marquinhos). Just speculation of course, so hope I am not upsetting the purists that don't want to know anything about PAs, by saying that.

Strange things happening in the beta version (most reported already). I won the league without any major signings, 97 points...but didn't even score 70 goals...no team scored over 70 in the first season, just seems too tight at the back. Granted I play 442 with DMs, which explains my lower tally, but it doesn't explain the rest of the league. Another quite odd thing I found is Real Madrid listed Gareth Bale after the first season; I was able to snatch him up for 44M. He broke my wage bill though so not exactly a deal, but how could I say no? Was able to get him on 275K p/w but as you all know, that now means I have Rooney and RvP on 275K now...ending my 3rd season now, this one is a bit closer since the Chelsea kids are now close to full potential, but I am almost certain to make it 3 leagues on the bounce. :thup:

Although its an expensive amount.... I would pay that for Hummels.....

You have a world class defender who is a beast in the game and has always had constant high ratings in matches and he is only still young, so you can get plenty of years out of him.

Marquinhos is not worth £102m however!!!

I won the league without any major signings, 97 points...but didn't even score 70 goals...no team scored over 70 in the first season, just seems too tight at the back.

It's actually an issue with finishing that they're hoping to get fixed for the full release. :thup:

Although its an expensive amount.... I would pay that for Hummels.....

You have a world class defender who is a beast in the game and has always had constant high ratings in matches and he is only still young, so you can get plenty of years out of him.

Marquinhos is not worth £102m however!!!

Hummels wont even negotiate after having a bid accepted. Marquinhos is only valued at £11m currently and i have had bids of £60m turned down so i am now trying to unsettle him and he is considering his options currently so hopefully he hands in a transfer request and i can pick him up for a decent price

Regarding a CB, Mangala is my go to guy every club I go to. Have him at Chelsea now, and he's playing amazing still. Had an average of 7.93 through out my first season as Porto in my first save as well, "only" scoring 4 goals, so the high rating isn't due to lots of corner goals. Your scout will probably say he has 3.5* potential, but I'd ignore that, as he is just a GOD. Relatively cheap as well

It's actually an issue with finishing that they're hoping to get fixed for the full release. :thup:

Good to hear, knew it was reported and it is quite evident when you watch the matches that there are a lot of easy chances getting stopped and the vast majority of goals scored in my matches tend to be quite ugly.

Probably means that tactics will be constantly in flux again just like last year, seems like I needed to change them up a lot after every patch. Don't mind it as it keeps me on my toes I guess. Also I recognize I am a lurker, but I know for a fact (Rafa fact perhaps?) I have posted here before... :o

Gareth, have you taken a look at Umtiti? He was great last year too, always floated around the top clubs in all my saves and progressed really quickly for me under the tutelage of Vidic.