FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I bought Goretzka for about 12 mil (although this was in the 4th season) to replace Carrick another option could be Kovacic who could be picked up for for an oke price as well (14 mil or so I think in the 1st season at least, and recieving 30+mil offers for him now). And last option would be to try and find a regen

Tbh Tielemans is more Januzaj than Carrick, if you really want a carbon copy for Carrick, with a hint more aggression, Arijan Ademi (spelling might be abit off) from Dinamo is pretty good and more versatile than Tielemans. More experienced options include Gokhan Inler, Valon Behrami or better yet, IMO the ultimate ball-winning midfielder (the role Carrick plays for me) Sven Bender who Dortmund are willing to let go for anything 15m or more.

Just finished another season, lost in the champions league finals to Juve after dominating most of the game but knocked out real madrid, barca and PSG on the way there at least(PSG being probable the hardest games I´ve played during the season). Won the league again although lost 3 games in it this season all against lesser opponents oddly. Right now I have a luxury problem though, I´ve got a lot of good under 21 players comming up, 120m transfer budget that I don´t need and mainly the RB position and the AMR stacked. Also enjoyed a good youth intake this year with at least 2 usefull players that could make the first team after a few seasons, one of them who could possibly become a star player.

Only issue is that not all the under 21´s have formed at the club yet.

due to all the youth players I´m Kind of thinking to offload the following players:

Wellbeck (only played 16 games last season and hardly scored for me) - sold for 30 mil

Pereyra (bought from Udinese in my 1st season for 12-13m but to much competition on his position, still a solid player but finding it hard to sell him) sold for 17.5 mil

Carrick (started declining quite a bit, but newcastle seem to want him) - sold to swansea

Kovacic (probable won't happen till januari next season since one of the regens that's comming through probable needs a little bit more time to develop)

De Sciglio (bought cheaply but youths comming up that play the same position as him that are almost as good as him right now, can fetch me an easy 20+ mil), sold him for 25m

Also concidering selling the following players if the offer is good enough:

Hernandez (was getting good offers for him last season but needed him, however he is no longer a starter since one of my regens took over his spot halfway through the season and has been scoring quite a lot)

Julian Brandt (currently getting 40m + offers from bayner for him while I signed him for free, might sell him if I can get Gotze since i have 120 mil to spend anyway without any real needs)

Brought in Ross Barkley now and Alex Grimaldo from Barca.

I've been having a lot of fun on regen day plucking arsenal and man city empty of their talents though

Man City already snatched Lewandowski in my game and they're asking about 120mil for him so there's no way I'm getting him >.<

Been scouting around and noticed Mitrovic too, seems to have scored a lot for anderlecht and Monaco but probable will come somewhat expensive.

Cheaper option i've noticed is Dongou but not really sold on him, he's hardly played for barca so could be a cheap pickup but kind of hard to judge. Anyone got him to do well? (he never played more then 12 games in his last few seasons so not much material to base his goalscoring abilities on)

edit: managed to sign Mitrovic for about 38 mil (still 104m transfer budget left though) Looking forward to see how he'll do since he scored 21, 29 and 26 goals in his last 3 seasons for monaco

nCYkKcu.jpg

Made it out of the group by the skin of my teeth lol, only because Inter managed a draw with Madrid at the bernabeu on the final match day which gave them a chance.

Real Madrid (A) - Lost 2-1 (Benteke)

FC Red Bull (H) - Won 3-1 (Framberger 2, Baumann)

Inter (H) - Won 2-1 (Traore, Powell)

Inter (A) - Lost 2-1 (Smalling)

Real Madrid (H) - Drew 1-1 (Rooney)

FC Red Bull (A) - Won 3-0 (Traore 3)

Be interesting to see who I get in first round knock out phase now.

Played City not long after.

wpneVWf.jpg

Thanks Yaya lol! Brings me top of the league coming into the xmas period

2H2vnzX.jpg

hoYMkeT.jpg

Low point of the season so far, getting beat by a **** poor watford team in the Capitial one cup even though we dominated them the whole game, played a few kids in that game but so dissapointed with that result, had pogba, Kagawa, Fabio and Traore starting so that should have been enough to see them off.

2nd save going well, Hoping to flog Nani to chelsea or Barca for top money (wanting £30m) but days left until deadline day, he returns from injury with 2 days the window I can get 20-30m for him, Buy Papadopolous and Dembele (scout claims it would cost about 18-20m for the 2) with enough for Tielemans.

298BF119080A81020DA9C5097AC1C158D56C440E

very annoying, conceding in 90+3 when there was only +2....

beat Fulham 2-1 away

AC2CC191C6E0D343843570EDFB32B06760D3DD61

Alaba was taking Everton apart... then his hamstring went :(

Sad day today :( Accidentily saved another game over my Man U save :(

Luckily I still have another save but lost all my progress in my current season so will have to redo all the transfers and hope certain players get sold for about the same as they did in my last game

Edit: Looks like it somewhat worked out, got 2 mil less for Perreyra unfortunatly then before but did get Mitrovic for 5 mill less so it's not to bad. Only this time Swansea Isn't buying Carrick it seems :(

Draxler is just simply put amazing in my game. Can't really develop him anymore though since he hit his peak but he played quite well and pretty consistent and he's still very young so a long term signing as well. Don't think You'll find many players on his position that will do better then Draxler at least. If you can get him cheap I'd say buy him and you won't be dissapointed. He cost me 48 mil in my 4th season since I waited quite long to get him but he was more then worth it.....

Draxler is just simply put amazing in my game. Can't really develop him anymore though since he hit his peak but he played quite well and pretty consistent and he's still very young so a long term signing as well. Don't think You'll find many players on his position that will do better then Draxler at least. If you can get him cheap I'd say buy him and you won't be dissapointed. He cost me 48 mil in my 4th season since I waited quite long to get him but he was more then worth it.....

had to pay the release clause of 38m

got rid of rooney and young so it eased off my wage budget.

I just lost the league to City on the last day of the season, went in to the last game 2 points ahead, away to 19th placed Nottingham Forrest, all I needed was a draw because my goal difference was far superior, I lost 1-0 and City won 2-0. I feel like crying.

well barca bid 20m for nani..... then didn't have the funds :(

had to par Arsenal 1.5m for a clause on RVP, and my transfer targets for Defence are all injured.

hopefully I can get those players I want in January. was however well in green for wage budget so had a small bit of leeway

71FD37CB45D5595607AB606A4101C12A5A460D15

this guy looks very versatile, I could slot him on the wings as well by the looks of his stats.

5991CF36B52A79077D6423664D84A5EF519FDF71

whatever the issue is with my tactics in preseason, appear to have reversed themselves, Carrick netted his 3RD goal of the season already.

E50DDFD4AB5A28298B6CDEE204548FD92FD848D9

I think there's quite a lot of tactics that can work, just depends on what players you have on your team. I was using a very different 4-4-2 tactic before that worked for me in my first 2 seasons (although was commiting to many fouls since I used Hastle opponent in that one) as well but since my team changed quite a bit since then after a while I noticed I started to struggle a bit so I changed my tactics up. I don't really believe there is a 'best tactic' as I've also played 4-3-3 and 2 different 3-5-2 tactics and had some succes with those too. Although in the first season either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 is probable the best option, although I think i started my first season with 2 losses 2 draws and 2 wins but when my tactics became more familiar it seemed I was having an easy time during the rest of the season (still finished only 1 point ahead of chelsea in the first season though)

Personally I play a 4-4-2 tactic with united and it's been working well for me (so far champion in all 6 seasons and won the champions league 4x).

My current lineup looks like this:

GK: De Gea

FB: Shaw

CD: Balanta

CD: Byung-Min (regen)

FB: Rafael

CM: Miranda

DLP: Goretzka or Fellaini

AML IF (AP should work well too): Draxler

AMR W: Brandt

F9: Mora (another regen)

AF or P: Mitrovic

Mentality: Control

Fluidity: Balanced or Fluid

Anyone else finding that young players develop more slowly in this game? Or is it just me?
progress was rapid on 14.1.3, and I dont think anything was changed since then, so if your players are not developing then you are probably doing something wrong

Finished a pretty epic first season. Started off pretty slow (just as IRL haha) but picked up the pace towards the end, won the League on the last day, lost the FA Cup on penalties to Everton (finished 3rd) and then won the CL 2-1 against Munich. After being 1-0 down after 21 mins and scoring twice at the end of the game with a substitute...enjoyed that quite a bit!!

Rooney was pretty awful the entire season, couldn't get him to sign a new contract without ridiculous pay raise. Don't quite get how a player on 175k with 10/15k bonuses who has a dire season (10 goals and no injuries) thinks they deserve 245k with 55/35k bonuses. So i took a chance and listed him for £50m (was only worth £20m) and Madrid gave me 46.5m up front for him. Good business there so bit their hand off for it. Also ditched Valencia/Nani/Young/Anderson for 25/9/10/15m each, although still paying some of Nani and Young's wages but I'd rather have them out as they're adding nothing to my team and don't fit into how I want to play.

Brought in Hamsik (40m spread over bonuses) and Florenzi (17m). Pushing the team to now play with attacking wing backs and a strong centre midfield presence to hopefully feed Hernandez (feel he deserves a big chance after beating Munich).

Started off badly, drew 0-0 and lost on penalties to Everton again in shield and lost opener to Arsenal 1-0 but playing much better now.

Has anyone managed to get anything out of Fellaini/Cleverley/Welbeck? I really want them to work but Fellaini just gets constant 6.8/6.9 playing as BWM/BBM/DM, Cleverley does nothing whether AP in centre mid or AM or wing and Welbeck just disappears every time he walks on the pitch. Figure with the latter two its just constant playing time they need to grow but I can't afford to carry two players but Fellaini....i had great success in FM12 with him at Everton playing centre mid but with seemingly better stats(?) and in a better team, he's just effervescent. Maybe he needs to be big fish small pond.

Has anyone managed to get anything out of Fellaini/Cleverley/Welbeck? I really want them to work but Fellaini just gets constant 6.8/6.9 playing as BWM/BBM/DM, Cleverley does nothing whether AP in centre mid or AM or wing and Welbeck just disappears every time he walks on the pitch. Figure with the latter two its just constant playing time they need to grow but I can't afford to carry two players but Fellaini....i had great success in FM12 with him at Everton playing centre mid but with seemingly better stats(?) and in a better team, he's just effervescent. Maybe he needs to be big fish small pond.
yes Welbeck was really good for me but with so many strikers I struggled to fit him into the team, with Hernandez being more important to the squad since he is a better mentor (even if his goal production was slightly lower), Zaha being a couple of years younger, and performing just as well as Welbeck did, Rooney contributing more in other aspects then just goal scoring, then there was also Henriquez needing game time if he was to develop....so it was by by after one season, and thanks for the £40m Real Madrid was willing to pay

Fellaini and Cleverley are both playing on regular basis and doing as well as I expect them to

SO I went a bit crazy after I lost the league last season, bought Domenico Berardi for £54m off Barcelona, doubt he'll be worth it. Also, decided now is a good time to blood a lot of my young regen talent, probebly going to be a tough season.

Looks like Evans isn't happy being the backup for Balanta and Doria anymore, 4 games into the new season (of wich Evans played 2) he hands in his transfer request. Couldn't come at a worse time either since I had just loaned out the prospect that's the nearest to being ready for the first team (he's not quite ready but still...). Guess I still have 57 mil budget as well if I really want to bring in another backup DC (more then 100m budget now after selling Brandt to Madrid so that Januzaj gets more playing time)

bring in Papadopolous, guy is a monster and can play CM as well.

I'm on a bit of a run

also beat Swansea 3-0

231907DF71C0FC6698344C9C5EFFE2B583984310

C0A8C30AC31DD88AADC8BDE8F29387E37C54118A

Alaba playing in LMF ;), and a stupid own goal. but Carrick had a break from scoring it seems

25F387F1383E2F47261EDCC99F2419CD339F7CF5

fielded a weakened side, Laughed at Arsenal lose 4-0 to Wolves got annoyed at the indirect free kick concede for thier 1st and 3 defenders not tackling a guy in the box for thier 2nd :( still won the game,, and a goal for tielemans... while playing most of the match with a sprained ankle.

Papadopolous looks pretty sollid for a backup player and pretty cheap too, only problem is that Liverpool already managed to sign him and the player doesn't want to leave. Playing 2 of my regens now as backup instead of Evans, they've done oke at least in the their first few games but still probable would like a more reliable backup option at least for 1 more season. Might just try to find some older Defender and sign him to a 1 year contract. Haven't really signed any players older then 26 in the last few seasons.

Papadopolous is the first player on my team sheet behind De gea in my fourth season. Only conceded 9 goals in 26 matches so far this season in the league and hes been one of the main reasons. Cost me 20.5m off Wolfsburg.

20 Marking, 20 Tackling, 20 Aggression, 20 Bravery, 20 Determination, 18 Team work and 19 Work rate. His natural fitness is high and hes as strong as a horse. Star player. Only little thing I have a problem with is his average positioning

I have him with Balanta, pre patch i had conceded a whole 5 goals in half a season.

not got him on my current save yet, will ask for some funds in January if the board will let me.

8165CA739B0328FB1150B8D73DB732ADE56F7FDD

7B17B2F08F7B1A6284A72C6A99BA036239D3614D

rio sent off harshly for a professional foul, Lambert missed (? he never misses...) the penalty

and if RVP does win goal of the month for his 29 yard chip... the game is broken lol

Really Struggling the first half of this season. 10 wins 5 draws and 2 losses in the competition (last loss to Leicester, one of my defenders got send off 2 minutes after bringing him in while I was 1-0 in the lead). Already 3 points behind on Liverpool (they finished 10th last season so that aloen is a suprise). Loss and a draw in the Champions league group stage to Porto as well (even though their team is pretty bad concidering they have only 1 striker on their current team and a pretty bad one at that). Even drew against Dinamo. Strikers wouldn't score at all for quite a while too (although Mitrovic has been a beast the last few weeks at least with something like 8 goals in 4 games). On top of that Rafael sustained a heavy injury (broken leg) and my best regen striker will be out for months as well (his first injury in 4 seasons and it's a pretty long one :().

RVP announced his retirement at the end of the season, Evans is now sold and so is Julian Brandt (50 mil to Real Madrid). I want to bring in Papadopolous but he doesn't want to sign with me. 100m Transfer budget left and no idea what to spend it on.

| Pkd | Inf | Name | Position | Morale | Apps | Gls | Av Rat |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| GK | | David De Gea | GK | Good | 12 | 0 | 6.83 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| DR | PR | Rafael | D/WB ® | Superb | 12 | 0 | 7.04 |

| DCR | | Raphaël Varane | SW, D © | Superb | 12 | 4 | 7.53 |

| DCL | PR | Nemanja Vidic | D © | Superb | 10 (1) | 3 | 7.34 |

| DL | | Marcel Schmelzer | D/WB (L) | Good | 12 (1) | 0 | 7.06 |

| MCR | | Mousa Dembélé | DM, M/AM © | Good | 6 (1) | 0 | 7.01 |

| MCL | PR | Xabi Alonso | DM, M © | Superb | 4 (3) | 2 | 7.35 |

| AMR | | Antonio Valencia | M/AM ® | Superb | 12 (1) | 6 | 7.62 |

| AML | | Shinji Kagawa | AM (RLC) | Very Good | 11 | 2 | 7.04 |

| STCR | | André Schürrle | AM (L), ST © | Good | 3 (4) | 2 | 7.22 |

| STCL | | Javier Hernández | ST © | Very Good | 6 (3) | 1| 6.87 |

| S1 | | Bernd Leno | GK | Good | 1 | 0 | 7.00 |

| S2 | Wnt | Chris Smalling | D (RC) | Very Good | 1 (2) | 0 | 7.17 |

| S3 | | Adnan Januzaj | AM (RLC) | Good | 1 (2) | 0 | 6.75 |

| S4 | Slt | Tom Cleverley | M/AM © | Good | 0 (5) | 0 | 6.73 |

| S5 | Loa | Angelo Henríquez | AM ®, ST © | Very Good | 0 (1) |0| 6.70 |

| S6 | | Fábio | D/WB (RL) | Very Good | 1 | 0 | 6.90 |

| S7 | | Michael Carrick | DM, M © | Good | 8 (1) | 1 | 7.22 |

| - | | Phil Jones | D (RC),DM,M ©| Good | 3 (4) | 0| 6.99 |

| - | | Jonny Evans | D © | Good | 1 (1) | 0 | 6.95 |

| - | | Marouane Fellaini | DM, M/AM © | Good | 8 (1) | 2 | 7.38 |

| - | Inj | Danny Welbeck | AM (L), ST © | Good | 1 (1) | 1 | 7.45 |

| - | Inj | Wayne Rooney | AM ©, ST © | Okay | 11 | 0 | 7.17 |

| - | Tut | Robin van Persie | ST © | Good | 7 | 7 | 7.71|

My current team at 1/3 way through second season. struggling to get goals from rooney this season although was my top scorer last season.

Won the league and league cup in first season. had a change of personell through the summer.

Anyone recommend other players for me to improve my squad???

Also any good tactics using my current team.. i either use a 4-2-4 with rooney a DLF and van persie and AF with 2 IF or

4-2-3-1 with rooney behind van persie

Finished my 1st season.

I won the Charity Shield, League and League Cup. Made the FA cup and lost on pens to Liverpool. I was 2-0 down at HT and made it 2-2 so it was pretty disappointing as I thought I would go on and win it. Made the CL final aswell but lost 2-1 to Bayern.

RVP was a beast for me. 30 goals in 40 games. Rooney got like 17 from att mid aswell.

I am having great success with using Welbeck as an Inside forward on the left and as a Deep Lying Forward alongside RVP as Advanced Forward . Now my Ass Man wants me to change his status to key player .

I am into my third season , won everything but the League Cup . RVP had some 30 goals and 35 assists .

Just sold Hernandez for somewhere close to 30 million pounds I think , dont remember . Angelo Henriquez is getting his chance after 2 successful loan spells and is doing decent for me . Just wanted to give him a chance before deciding on whether to sell him . I have a couple of excellent young strikers coming through and I will probably not offer RVP a new contract if he demands too much . I will keep the guy if he takes less as I like him .

all my strikers scoring a good goal/game one mine as well. team seems to be counter attacking so well with my attacking formation even away form is superb

I have no idea exactly what is going on, preseason was shocking, come community shield the team works.

673DF85738B515C179A94FB4744154D245583D10

completly destroyed city, could have scored 2 or 3 before I actually scored.

AF7E8AF680624CF7CFEA0974F74794302995C2C9

international break is a good a time as any to update the progress, and my next opponant has just lost a couple of players to injury :D

32B5F296FCEF5A3BCD4CBA8A0D37AE0C465A1298

scorers so far.

the 0-0 against AC was with a weakened side, and RVP was injured for a good while, then Hernandez for the games where welbeck was in, and no Valenca for the last few so been tough

city and liverpool sat in a nice position :D

Just finished my first season as United, only managed to win the community shield, finished 2nd in the league, 5 points behind Spurs.

The season was going fine until the end of January when I got injuries to Rafael, Carrick, Kagawa, Hernandez, Rooney and van Persie.

I dropped points in the league, got knocked out of the FA cup and lost 4-3 on agg to Dortmund the the Champions League.

Not really sure where my team needs to be improved, I signed Sandro, Luke Shaw and Will Hughes (who went back on loan to Derby)

I also got 2 5 star potential AMC's through the youth intake who ill trying to give opportunities to.

R1CcPv0.jpg

Season 4 is turning out to be my season (Fingers crossed), top of the league and just beat Athletico 4-1 at home in the first leg of the knock out phase. I've come second three seasons in a row so hoping now this is my season for the league

I'm glad i'm getting the job done early season, some not so nice games at the end of the season (Away against Arsenal Liverpool city)

339F75FB9CA11F0EAF405E70760B30F7A120A8B2

Rooney... now out for 3 weeks.... or most of December :(

E6906E71195DB48356A4B7BFE30C396C823C5500

and my board are feeling extremely generous....

FA247D368C43B936BC758D12413598E4F64A616E

not quite a massive stuffing by deserved to win by more.

C25B669FBC36940D612A88E6D257D6F670600FDD

thought i was going to lose this one, hard formation to break down, team doing nothing special, halftime hairdryer worked a treat :D

Just finished another season:

Won the league even though I struggled pretty badly the first half the season (Mora and Mitrovic my 2 strikers weren't scoring much, Mora only finished the season with 8 goals) Mostly thanks to Mitrovic stepping it up in the 2nd half of the season, he only had 6 goals after 15 games but finished with 26 league goals

Won the Capital one cup for the first time after several seasons again thanks to a goal by Mitrovic (1-0 win against newcastle).

Had a really easy group stage in the champions league but still managed to struggle somewhat with 2 draws a loss and 3 wins, drew against CSKA in the first round (2-0 and 3-0 wins), then had to play chelsea next who I knocked out as well (2-1, 1-0). And ofcourse no champions league is complete without playing Real Madrid who i've beaten 3 seasons in a row now (3-1 and 2-1 wins). Repeat of the final 2 seasons ago against Bayern now. Wich turned into a realy close with about every statistic even (not a lot of chances overall though). Only fitting this game went to overtime and penalties wich stayed close with misses of Goretzka and Alaba. But finally after 9 penalties taken each Lahm missed for them and shaw converted his penalty.

Also won the FA cup wich I've been getting knocked out of in the last 3 seasons won 5-3 against Tottenham in the finals in a rather interesting game (all goals by different players as well)

I'll be looking to sell Kagawa, Kovacic and Morata after this seasons since none of them wants to resign, Will try to bring in another defender and maybe one more midfielder to replace Kagawa (although I got a prospect transferring in already so might just give him a shot as backup)

Archived