Sports Interactive Community
batty1

FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

A question to all United managers out there, in your opinion is it worth keeping Lindegaard? IMHO I would get rid of him ASAP and bring in a cheaper backup, Lindegaard is taking up some 40k p/w in wages and thats alot to pay a keeper who is not much better than Amos (10k p/w IIRC)

i try to keep him since he is better than Amos........a no non sense keeper at least............have good aerial ability command of area...handling and positioning.......while amos is good only in aerial and lacks in others.......

but i prefer him over Amos is because i play 5 man defence and opposition hardly gets a good shot at goal......most attempts are long balls and crosses pumped into box......which i think Lindegard would deal better than Amos......

Although you can sell him in second season if you give enough time for developing Dean henderson and Sam JohnStone.

29zsp44.jpg

Familiar result? ;)

It's payback time. :cool:

@ xx11: Cracking effort on your 1st season there. I would be well chuffed with that but settled for the league and capital one cup double.

A couple of tips for the players you are selling if i have replied in time:

Offer cleverly out for £30m and PSG usually come in with a bid.

Offer Nani and Welbeck out at £25m also as there are normally a few clubs that bid for them (real, chelsea, spurs etc).

can make some decent money from all of these players at the start of the 2nd season.

has anyone trained rooney at cm and played him there?

his attributes this season aint good enough to be a striker imo

has anyone trained rooney at cm and played him there?

his attributes this season aint good enough to be a striker imo

Not good enough as a striker ? He got 20 goals and 22 assist in 29 matches for me... playing him as a false nine. I have a few extra instructions for him including Run wide with ball, Roam from position and Hold up ball.

@ xx11: Cracking effort on your 1st season there. I would be well chuffed with that but settled for the league and capital one cup double.

A couple of tips for the players you are selling if i have replied in time:

Offer cleverly out for £30m and PSG usually come in with a bid.

Offer Nani and Welbeck out at £25m also as there are normally a few clubs that bid for them (real, chelsea, spurs etc).

can make some decent money from all of these players at the start of the 2nd season.

Pretty much what i did... apart from Welbeck who got me stupid money.

Cleverley £29m to PSG

Nani £30m to Madrid

Welbeck £35m to Barcelona (the fools)

Anderson £24.5m to Shakhtar (Like this guy irl so hated that I felt i had to sell him)

Young £10m to Newcastle (no one would buy him, fans are annoyed I sold him. But just wasnt doing good enough)

As much as I wish Man U could claim these bids in real life I know they couldn't and really struggle to figure out what is going on with the player values in this FM. I know the world has gone mad with fees but in reality Utd would do well to get 10 for Cleverly, 15 for Nani, 10 for Welbeck, 10 for Ando and 8 for Young. I know its only a game but still the difference is incredible!

Can anyone recommend a target(s) who would be ideal to play as a regista. Preferably someone who could be in that role for many, many seasons

Also a complete wing back (right) to compete with Rafael, Fabio, would be great.

Cheers :)

Cleverley £29m to PSG

Nani £30m to Madrid

Anderson £24.5m to Shakhtar (Like this guy irl so hated that I felt i had to sell him)

Young £10m to Newcastle (no one would buy him, fans are annoyed I sold him. But just wasnt doing good enough)

Cracking deals there for Anderson, Welbeck and Young. £10m for young is a good price on this years FM as no one is remotely interested in him (maybe it is realistic after all!!).

29zsp44.jpg

Familiar result? ;)

It's payback time. :cool:

Fantastic win Fabio ;)

Does any think Moussa Dembele is worth 25m? Beginning of second season. Thanks :)

What role you thinking of playing him in?

What role you thinking of playing him in?

Was thinking box-to-box or centre-midfield with either support, auto or defend.

Very good price, I'm sure he'd be an excellent signing.

Quick summary of my first season:

Ins: Balanta - 9.5m, Jonathan Silva - 5m

Outs: Buttner - 4.2m, Macheda - 1.2m, Anderson - 10m, Zaha - Loan, Ferdinand - 120k (left in March for the MLS, getting on a bit and wasn't playing, got rid of his contract)

EPL: Won quite comfortably, happy enough.

UCL: Came 2nd in a group with Dortmund, AC Milan and Anderlecht. Crashed out of the competition in the knockout stages, losing to Bayern 2-3. Main target for next season.

League Cup: Lost to Tottenham 1-3 in the finals after extra time.

FA Cup: Won 1-0 against Everton.

Had problems getting my strikers to score goals. Plenty of goals scored in the league, but relied on corners and other opportunities from the defensive and midfield players. Away tactic needs to be looked at as I could barely unlock AI teams on the road. Chicharito and RVP both scored 15 in all competitions, but only 11 and 9 were from the league. Rooney had only 11 goals in total. Poor.

Summer 2014: (So far)

Transformed the midfield and wing positions.

Sold:

Cleverley - 35m to Chelsea, tidy job but felt he could have provided a few more goals or assists

Welbeck - 35m to Chelsea, pathetic - averaged 6.61 and only scored 2 in the league. Surprised Mourinho was willing to come with such a generous offer.

Valencia - 23.5m to Monaco, he doesn't fit into my new formations I have in mind for the new season.

Nani - 40m to Barcelona, played well but felt the price was too good to refuse.

Carrick - free, great player (scored 7, assisted 6) but agent asking for too much both on wage and contract length

Evra - free to Monaco, very solid but had a younger option coming in so decided not to extend his contract

Bought:

Verratti - 15m, good price, bought before the season ended. Didn't seem he had a good season with PSG. Hopefully can rejuvenate him. Decent contract too

Shaw - 25m, very expensive but felt he was the best available option out there. Young and improving. High expectations from him

Morrison - 10m, unsettled him throughout the first year as my scouts said he was a must buy. Took ages to get West Ham accept the offer but finally he's back. Need some mentally tutoring or else it could result in a major disappointment.

Sergi Samper - 8.25m, another scout recommended buys. Paid his buy-out clause. Expecting good things from him but his injury history is a concern.

Julian Brandt - free, good pick up. Planning to loan him out to get him games for at least half a season before deciding what to do with him.

Moussa Dembele - 25m, dynamic midfield to strengthen the middle of the park. Decent price considering the fees in got from the players sold. Hopefully will boss the midfield alongside Fellaini

And also a couple of regens

Squad: (4-3-2-1)

GK: De Gea/Lindegaard

RB: Rafael/Fabio

CB: Vidic/Balanta/Jones/Smalling/Evans

LB: Shaw/Silva

CM: Fellaini/Dembele/Verratti/Fletcher/Powell/Samper/Giggs

AM: Kagawa/Januzaj/Morrison/Zaha/Young

ST: RVP/Rooney/Hernandez/Henriquez

Still trying to get rid of Young but no one (and I mean NO one) is interested in him. Still deciding whether to loan out Zaha and Henriquez again with the possibility of having limited first-team games. Hopes for the young players to perform well this year, especially Powell since his loan wasn't particularly successful. Januzaj was very good and would most likely have increase chances of playing.

Just started a new save due to crash dumps sooo annoying.

Transfers in:

Shaw, Balanta and Stephan El Shaarawy

Out:

Nani, Anderson, Butner,

Januzaj has been great for me 4 goals in 7 apps. playing him as a right winger, has anybody signed Stephan El Shaarawy? I've just signed him think im gonna play him inside forward on the left.

Can anyone recommend a target(s) who would be ideal to play as a regista. Preferably someone who could be in that role for many, many seasons

Also a complete wing back (right) to compete with Rafael, Fabio, would be great.

Reckon Koke could do a great job as regista. Diego Reyes looks good as well. No experience with him but im lookin to get him after Citeh beat me to Lars Bender.

Highly recommend Nicola Murru. Defensivewise he is doing a great job for me. He may not get as much assist as Rafael but im looking to develop his crossing in my 2nd season.

A question to all United managers out there, in your opinion is it worth keeping Lindegaard? IMHO I would get rid of him ASAP and bring in a cheaper backup, Lindegaard is taking up some 40k p/w in wages and thats alot to pay a keeper who is not much better than Amos (10k p/w IIRC)
i kept him the first season.. he wanted to leave around +- august in the second season.. i sold him and signed Victor Valdes for free .

Verrati or just use fellaini, he is doing a great job for me as Regista(DMC)

If you're only starting the first season, Anthony Reveillere (formerly of Lyon) is available on a free for wages of about 20k p/w or less. He offers plenty of experience as well a very good physical stats when you consider his age (33/34) and he is rated at the same level as Rafael. If not, you can try and purchase Danilo from Porto, he has room left for development and is available for anything less than 15m, Danilo is extremely versatile and offers cover in almost every defensive position.

Cleverley £29m to PSG

Nani £30m to Madrid

pics or it didnt happen!!

Has anyone of you managed to get a good Ball Winning Midfielder (for my 4-4-2), who is not Arturo Vidal (he's like 80 million pounds...)?

Has anyone of you managed to get a good Ball Winning Midfielder (for my 4-4-2), who is not Arturo Vidal (he's like 80 million pounds...)?

Sven Bender, Dortmund will accept bids of 15m IIRC. If you're looking for a pure backup player, Pontus Wernbloom from CSKA is available for about 8m. Cheaper is Diame from West Ham who has a 3.5m release clause, though he is of a Box-to-box Midfielder than a BWM.

I used Fellaini in that position in first season, though he picked up tons of yellows and annoyed me... 2nd season I am using Balanta there and he doing really well. Glad I retrained him to MC and hoping due to his age it becomes a natural position for him.

Thanks you. :)

Very nice City result, should keep them quiet for a bit Fab :)

pics or it didnt happen!!

Oft, so impatient. Still doing season 2 so didnt have screenshots ready but here you go as you asked

1s0n.png

I just finished season 2. This season we completely dominated, although somehow Liverpool beat us in the Capital One Cup. We won the Champions League by beating Barcelona 4-1. Fellaini got sent off in the 78th minute after picking up a second yellow card :lol: He has been having problems with yellow cards all season long.

Results:

pwwhica.png

Tactic:

nz3i.png

April 22nd, League already rapped up. Played 32, won 29, drawn 3. Though been a much tougher season getting the results and I think that is because i decided against training a different tactic. Think I am gonna need to change that for sure.

Arsenal currently hold 2nd spot with played 34, won 23, drawn 7, lost 4.

Season 1

transfers was quite stright forward, sent a some players out on loan, I have already talked about the RvP transfer earlier in the thread, Evra was sold since I wanted a more versitile player on the left and I did not want to be faced with the dilema of extending his contract or to be forced to retrain him to play ML, in retrospect maybe I could have kept him around and sold butters at the very start, but I wanted to see what the later could do since he was the right type of player, but just simply not good enough as it turned out, De Gea....I'm not sure what to say about him, I just simply dont like his attributes at all, yet still I wanted to try to give him a chance, but it just did not work out and he got benched by Amos on the basis that they where both roughly as bad.....and I saw little point in keeping De Gea as back up which is surely what he would become whenever I brought in a new keeper

I was from the very start intending to play the season with a back 3, so I needed a left footed CB who was ready for first team action right away, at first I wanted to sign Umtiti but Lyon was not to keen on my £15m offer so went with Doria instead, Coentrao was brought in since I wanted a similar (but better player) then Büttner

mantransfers2013-14_zps4e4371a2.png

I won the league (was a lot more comfortable then it looked was 12 points ahead at one point so I was rotating a lot towards the end), community shield and FA cup (more or less what I aimed for as minimum to start things of), sadly I went out on pens in the other domestic cup in one of the early rounds after failing to score against west ham during 120 min of footy (just bad luck really since I dominated the game, those things happen), in CL I made it to the first knock out in comfortable fashion where I won the first game 2-0.....unfortunately I started the secound game very poorly, let in 3 goal then Kagawa got sent off after 38 min, no worries, I pulled one back early in the secound half to take the lead on away goals, but then did some stupid tactical changes I should not have done in an attempt to see the game out, that along with playing with 10 players for so long finally caught up with me in the 80th min....and as such I was out

league table:

manleague2013-14_zpsc4f68858.png

Tactic used; I went plug and play, only tweaking things when I got players sent of (or such), a few may have seen a screen of something very similar looking before, and indeed its pretty much my fm13 Roma tactic only thing missing is functional gk delivery, lack of option to make defenders roam, and lack of option to remove hub from dlp's

mantactic3-4-2-1_zps81016e18.png

Very nice to see someone using a completely different type of tactic. Isn't a system I like in real life for a top team but there is the ability to be successful... guess it the lack of wingbacks that worry me as a good team should be able to split the central defenders easily.

But still, nicely done on using something so different and winning the league :D

Just finishing off my second season now... but definately going to sell Fellaini. Think if I get 40m I be over the moon but will see what I can do as he valued highly still.

Just finished my second season, brought in 2 young talents with 5 star potentials into my team (one of them I just used as starter from day 1, the other one I loaned out for half a season to Twente before recalling him after Rooney and Van Persie were both injured). Now before the 3rd season I also managed to capture a 3rd 5 start potential youngster who can serve as a sort of backup for Rafael.

Won the champions league by beating Man city after penalties, won the club world championship, FA cup after penalties against chelsea, the Community shield, the european Super cup (after extra time), Lost in the semi finals of the Capital one cup to arsenal though.

Also won the league by quite a big difference unlike my first season where there was only 1 point between us and Chelsea.

9srsdv.jpg

My current selection is looking like this:

29xcghh.jpg

Got a 22.5 mil offer for Smalling already so I'll most likely sell him since I brought in Lee Byung-Min who can replace him quite easily(scouted him at the start of season 2 but didn't have the money to get him back then). Will most likely sell Maximilian Meyer as well since I got him quite cheap last season and I'm thinking about bringing in Nick Powell and probable Januzaj. Might try to offload Vidic as well since he wasen't really playing that much anymore and his contract is getting a bit expensive and was pretty much 4th/5th in the pecking order. Also recieved a 15 mil offer for Wellbeck from PSG (most likely gonna decline since he did quite well last season). Giggs will finally retire I think this season, and still have the issue where Valencia doesn't want to resign for an acceptable wage. Still have about 35 mil Transfer budget (a bit more after the smalling transfer) to spend though but not quite sure who I want to bring in yet. Any suggestions would be welcome (haven't been able to find any young talents worth spending a lot on this season either).

Edit: nevermind, forgot Evra's contract is almost up so brought in Shaw now.

Got a 22.5 mil offer for Smalling already so I'll most likely sell him since I brought in Lee Byung-Min

Really, selling english talent for such a cheap price

hi guys and gals i could really use some help.

no matter what i do i just cannot get my team to play well. I really need help sorting out a formation that could at least get me playing well.

I play a 4-4-2 - RBs, 2xCDd, LBs, RMws, DLPs, CMd, LMws, CFs, AFa - can anyone help me with shouts that could help me play better. My top scorer is rooney with 13 and im in feb the team are playing crap, im out of CL and in EL, 6-7 in Prem and just scrapped a draw with Leicester in the FA Cup

I think in early patches he could be purchased cheaper then he can in newer updates. At least that the impression i get for him and some other players i saw the name thrown around for early in the thread.

Agreed. Looking around and it looks like the patched changed the price...could Southhamton turn down 15-20 mill though...who knows.

Really, selling english talent for such a cheap price

well I already got a youth in my under 18's team that's pretty similar to Smalling as well with a slightly higher potential, so I do feel I can replace him, although I've managed to drive up the price to about 28.5 mil for Smalling so I'm satisfied with it since Smalling already reached his potential and was only a 3rd or 4th choice in my team (not willing to pay 135k wages a week for that either wich he was asking for while I have a way cheaper option comming out of my youth team).

Season 1

transfers was quite stright forward, sent a some players out on loan, I have already talked about the RvP transfer earlier in the thread, Evra was sold since I wanted a more versitile player on the left and I did not want to be faced with the dilema of extending his contract or to be forced to retrain him to play ML, in retrospect maybe I could have kept him around and sold butters at the very start, but I wanted to see what the later could do since he was the right type of player, but just simply not good enough as it turned out, De Gea....I'm not sure what to say about him, I just simply dont like his attributes at all, yet still I wanted to try to give him a chance, but it just did not work out and he got benched by Amos on the basis that they where both roughly as bad.....and I saw little point in keeping De Gea as back up which is surely what he would become whenever I brought in a new keeper

I was from the very start intending to play the season with a back 3, so I needed a left footed CB who was ready for first team action right away, at first I wanted to sign Umtiti but Lyon was not to keen on my £15m offer so went with Doria instead, Coentrao was brought in since I wanted a similar (but better player) then Büttner

mantransfers2013-14_zps4e4371a2.png

I won the league (was a lot more comfortable then it looked was 12 points ahead at one point so I was rotating a lot towards the end), community shield and FA cup (more or less what I aimed for as minimum to start things of), sadly I went out on pens in the other domestic cup in one of the early rounds after failing to score against west ham during 120 min of footy (just bad luck really since I dominated the game, those things happen), in CL I made it to the first knock out in comfortable fashion where I won the first game 2-0.....unfortunately I started the secound game very poorly, let in 3 goal then Kagawa got sent off after 38 min, no worries, I pulled one back early in the secound half to take the lead on away goals, but then did some stupid tactical changes I should not have done in an attempt to see the game out, that along with playing with 10 players for so long finally caught up with me in the 80th min....and as such I was out

league table:

manleague2013-14_zpsc4f68858.png

Tactic used; I went plug and play, only tweaking things when I got players sent of (or such), a few may have seen a screen of something very similar looking before, and indeed its pretty much my fm13 Roma tactic only thing missing is functional gk delivery, lack of option to make defenders roam, and lack of option to remove hub from dlp's

mantactic3-4-2-1_zps81016e18.png

Any reason why you sold de Gea? £20m is such a poor price for him, he's only young, can be your keeper for the next 20 years.

Unless you barely used him, you should easily get £35m+ for Smalling. He one my most chased after defenders with Chelsea still desperate to get him. lol

How are Kagawa, Adnan and Zaha as inside forwards?

Thinking of getting Draxler too after I sell some of the deadwood. Anyone had him before?

Unless you barely used him, you should easily get £35m+ for Smalling. He one my most chased after defenders with Chelsea still desperate to get him. lol
yes if you use him enough and sell him at the right time of the year then it should be easy to get something like that for him

Trying to decide if i should sell Brandt at start of 3rd season.

ukd8.png

Got plenty of quality on the wings but this lad got so much potential. But been offered over £25m+ 20% profit for him. Would be nice considering i got him on a free but meh, just dont know.

Any reason why you sold de Gea? £20m is such a poor price for him, he's only young, can be your keeper for the next 20 years.
when I sold him his value was roughly half that, and I wanted to dump his wage as fast as I possibly could

anyway:

1) his rushing out is way to low

2) his tendency to punch is way to high

3) his jumping is average

4) his throwing is average

5) his composure is rubbish

in short he is not very well suited to play sweeper keeper

Oo Season 3 just started and David Silva listed by request. 15.25m asking price

Doubt they be willing to sell him to me though, but think i will see what can be done....

Aguero also requested transfer but they asking 32.5m and i dont really need him... dont need silva either but he is a play i respect

nah i would keep Brandt, still lots of growing room there and will be as good as Tony V is in terms of creating chances by the looks of it.

Hey, i just started my season i got SVEN BENDER for around 14/15 Mil. I belive he is a very very potent choice for a BWM. Also i plan to partner him up with Fellaini they will make a very fighting due in MC.

Hey, i just started my season i got SVEN BENDER for around 14/15 Mil. I belive he is a very very potent choice for a BWM. Also i plan to partner him up with Fellaini they will make a very fighting due in MC.

lack of creativity also.....hope your tactic offers your fowards to receive easy passes, still creating chances

Looks like I'll have to sell Rooney this season if I still want to get something for him. He's asking for 330k wages wich is more then I can offer him. Promoted Powell and Januzaj this season and mainly Powell is doing suprisingly well so far, also got a 32 mil + 20% profit offer from PSG for Zaha now as well even though Zaha hasen't even played a single game for me yet in the last 2 seasons (loaned him out during those).