FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most I have spent on a Regen is 18m, and I though that was too much

still not got him yet either, my Russian new gen purchases seem to arrive in 2018 :(

unleashed mostly reserves and players who haven't played on Derby

CC285D6983A7EE27AE29FE1F461833487358B3F3

Januzaj doesn't like Spurs... he got 2 assists as well.

B1505491A53B87367BF1FF39B4506A9656B8B0AB

On the financial front we are doing amazingly well and the current balance stands at £757mil! Hoping that come the start of next season we will have hit that milestone of £1bil, but it all depends on player sales.

Isn't it bad to hit £1b as it all goes to a reserve fund, or is that £2b?

Well, after a long break I will be continuing my previous game a bit. Wont play it constantly but want to make a bit of progress on where I am. Currently stands at the start of the 25/26 season. My aim is to make it to 2028 over time as that is when a new stadium will be built.

I have just sold 2 top players from my team for 42m and 45m as there just no room in the team for them, as well as loaning some players in their early or mid 20s just so I can decide what to do in future with them as they good players but i got a team full of said players!

Januzaj wont have many more seasons on him given he is now 30yrs old. He broke many records for the club so I cant be sad on that. But as of yet he will still be one of my main players.

I will need to keep a 2squad rotation going with a league team and a cup team just to keep everyone happy, also because there a few youth players i want to give some time too also :)

Played the first month and a bit of the season:

Still using my own 4-2-4 formation that I used when I previously played, and seems to be holding up for now.

Charity shield vs Man City: 3-2 win

League matches:

Birmingham: 4-0 win

Sheffield utd: 6-0 win

west ham: 3-0 win

Cardiff: 4-0 win

Super cup:

Porto: 3-2 win

And Januzaj keeps it up.. he has now won the Ballon d'Or for a record 5th consecutive year.

Messi may have the record for the total amount, (10 times winner) his runs were split by wins from Robin Van Persie and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Such consistancy from him the guy, but i doubt he can keep it up for 5 more years which would mean the age of 35 to equal Messi's total

Yeah, absolutely immense kit deal. Basically Addidas have paid for the glaziers to purchase the club .... only 40m less then the purchase cost. That is an amazing thing to think about.

Over double the current top deal for a club (30m for R.Madrid), the debt truly will never be an issue anymore as they can just use that money to pay the remaining lot off over the next 10yrs.

Indeed.

I now got 2 saved games going as steam cloud not working to get saved games onto laptop and my portable drive is dead. (reminds me i need to go and buy another).

Using the winter update for the new game, so it completely new to me ... and a completely different formation to my usual 4-2-4 which rips teams apart... so far after Pre-season Mata has been amazing in the AMC role. Top scorer and assists. Dont think Rooney be too happy as he relegated to AMR and Januzaj is rocking the AML position already.

Formation is a 4-2-3-1 with modified roles. Im not too happy with the defense. Think my closing CB is being too aggressive and leaving big spaces so will need to adapt that probably but waiting till they fully know the tactic before deciding. Will put more details about it tonight when playing that game in bed

He looks amazing but 200m for him is crazy!

I know exactly what you mean, normally i wouldn't have even bothered to try and sign him if it was gonna cost me more than £60M overall (including x amount over so many months, apperances add ons and so forth) but in all honestly at 22 he can still improve and i can use him in all my midfield positions. Oh and i didn't need to improve any other positions which is why i sold Rafael, De Gea (brought a better, younger keeper from Bayern) Balanta and El Shaarawy.

Oh in the first 5 games of the season Hakizimana has scored 5, assisted 6, had 2 PoM, and has an AMR of 7.98

Any tips for using Mata-Januzaj-Reus as the three in a 4-2-3-1. Started off well with Mata is an Attacking Playmaker in the centre but Adnan and Marco are living off scraps as Inside Forwards.

I play Januzaj as AML - Winger - Attack - Roam from position.

And to be fair, he is godlike in that position. Though may take him a little while to really perform (mind you, in my laptop game he started of really well). I refuse to play him in other positions most the time due to how well I get him working there.

Mata I play as a Treq in AMC and he been a really good performer there. Cant remember if i adapted the role further or not and i cant look till the wife is off laptop.

I play Januzaj as AML - Winger - Attack - Roam from position.

And to be fair, he is godlike in that position. Though may take him a little while to really perform (mind you, in my laptop game he started of really well). I refuse to play him in other positions most the time due to how well I get him working there.

Mata I play as a Treq in AMC and he been a really good performer there. Cant remember if i adapted the role further or not and i cant look till the wife is off laptop.

Thanks for that. I've been using Reus as AML - Inside Forward - Attack and he'd scored 8 in 14 there. Mata as AP - S and Januzaj as IF - S on the other flank. I'm top of the league but their goals and assists are drying up so I'm tweaking things a little. May swap the wide men into wingers for a while. Thanks for the tip.

Ok here we go. I actually not edited the roles further yet, but be adding the "Roam from position" to Januzaj shortly, As such I will just Write the role they using.

AML - Winger - Attack

A8EF0BDAE1653F6CC3D878EA4C37E95B94710651

AMC - Trequartista - Attack

2EA3B725FAACBB455DB469D5392D198676189BD3

Really pleased with the work of Mata. And the team been amazing considering I have had alot of injuries... including a 5week injury to De Gea which has left Lindegaard to be in goal for basically the entire first month of the season. But this is the main lineup I will be using, with others coming in constantly as cover

73D2DD1C120BE5E42C3AF7763AD410509E1EE3B0

1st season

UNITED

Season 14/15

Robin van Persie scored. Fellaini scored. Evans scored. Smalling scored. Four goals from the spot in penalty shoot out and we were champions of Europe. I could have chosen Cleverley og Valencia over Evans and Smalling but those two defenders looked great and calm and it worked. We won 4-2 after 1-1 in ordinary time where Cleverley had given us the lead.

We won the league with 85 point, eight more than Chelsea while we also lifted the Capital One Cup trophy.

Once again I only made one signing. 16 year old Neil Preen was bought in Sunderland.

Rooney og van Persie were once again amazing with loads of goals and assists between them. Adnan Januzaj was also impressive with 18 assists.

united6_zps5ebb6390.png

united7_zps553f034f.png

united5_zpsde99745f.png

united9_zps2cf0ff94.png

In response to the Reus - Mata - Januzaj dilemma further up, I use thus:

Reus - AML - Winger - Attack

Mata - AMC - Trequestaria - Attack

Januzaj - AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

They were literally unstoppable for about 5 years for me always with these roles. I'm currently at work but I can post stats later on.

In response to the Reus - Mata - Januzaj dilemma further up, I use thus:

Reus - AML - Winger - Attack

Mata - AMC - Trequestaria - Attack

Januzaj - AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

They were literally unstoppable for about 5 years for me always with these roles. I'm currently at work but I can post stats later on.

Very nice. I presume you have RVP up in front in a support role?

I cant decide the best forward setup to use.. tried advanced striker, complete forward, poacher, etc etc and just cant get the sort of performances I can with a 4-2-4 system. Meh. Guess I just have to accept that there will be some things that will never be the same.

Oh and for the first time ever on FM2014 I have gone 10 matches in a row without conceeding, never realized that until an achievement popped up when was playing it this morning. Wonder if i can make it 20 matches. lol.

Currently getting some really scrappy results but also getting some amazing ones. Just need to decide if I want to further modify that 4-2-3-1

Don't have a clue when it happens, but yes it happens at one point. It doesn't really matter to me though because I don't really spend much money.

It happens at £1bn. All that happens is that about £256m gets siphoned off into a reserve fund. It isn't lost, but is just FM's way of handling some boring integer problem with coding.

If you have £1bn in the bank, then seeing a couple of hundred million disappear now and then isn't a big deal. I believe the accumulated reserve fund amount gets released if for some reason you end up draining cash.

For what it's worth, my Man U save ticks along in the background now and then. We're up to the 2026/7 season and continuing in the same vein of form as before. Still winning stuff, and generating wads of cash from selling players we've developed at their peak.

The save is all a bit stale, and I mostly use it to start offshoot saves in this advanced gaming year - most recently I've taken Corinthians to the Copa Libertadores and the National title.

Having read a bit about the 7-0 LA Galaxy win last night, I'm going to start a new FMC save with United, and I'll manually transfer Herrera and Shaw in (and lose Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra). I'll use van Gaal's tactical base once I can figure out what it is - sounds like a 3-5-2 / 3-4-3. It's hard to tell without watching the match what the front 3 actually lined up like - possibly an AMC behind two strikers in FM terms?

If so, I'll probably use a flat 5-2-1-2, or (more likely) a 3-2-2-1-2, with the first "2" being wingbacks.

Probably a DLP (D) in the MC line alongside a static Role, and then a more mobile AMC playmaker of some sort. I need to watch the game to suss out how it played.

looks interesting so far, but I'm in December on my save so any tactic tinkering will have to wait

911F501D8C86A5C6162EDE7947B4A386BF0924C1

hate it when FM goes from this....

28C49B0A4E3CA0BDE2F72EABE2BE8A4E4EDF83C8

DB142A824C48DF554B797F432F22D2EA5F8301D1

to this :(

35FB386CAFCC6059E44ACFCEC1641DFCFE2DEA78

to David Moyes standard

89F0255224A47DEE78674C9AA27126E81535AEC9

Ravel Morrison being the front man, first time playing him in the league, got MoM. for his goal+assist

FB32857BF563A65C88812073B65A34CB30ADBDDE

*facepalm*

After a fantastic first season where I won near enough everything and RVP was all sorts of amazing picking up all the awards, I have decided to sell him for £36.5m to Real Madrid.. How many of you guys do the same after the first season and what's the most you've managed to get for him?

I signed Lukaku for £26m as a replacement since he won the golden boot last year by about 10 goals, here's hoping he does the job for me this season!

Just taken charge of Manchester United in my Arsenal save at January 1st 2016. Fair to say that the combined efforts of Moyes and Spalletti has left the club in a mess. The team is carrying so much deadwood on inflated wages its ridiculous. Van Persie and Rooney are both still on £300k p/w and Valencia is the 3rd highest earner on £92k. Massive rebuild job on my hands at the moments.

Looking to employ a similar system LVG wants to play IRL - the 5-3-2. However, we lack to strong fullbacks for such a formation with Evra still first choice ahead of buttner and Varela the only recognised right back. This is the main area to strengthen.

However, Moyes managed to bring in Morgan Schneiderlin in his first window and Spalletti brought in Rakitic in his first window, so central midfield is very strong. Have no issues in the number 10 position with Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj. Upfront Rooney is our best option along with Welbeck, Van Persie can still just about do a job.

Central defence is okay with Stefan Savic and a spanish youth Ruben Duarte who has decent potential being added to Jones, Evans and Smalling.

Have £23m to spend with about 300k left in the wage budget, looking at signing a a few full backs. Primary target is Luke Shaw, to be consistent with real life, but he would cost a majority of the budget so may wait until summer to sign him.

Also flirting with an idea of playing a 4-5-1 with 4 centre backs, similar to Germany's world cup winning tactic this summer.

Just taken charge of Manchester United in my Arsenal save at January 1st 2016. Fair to say that the combined efforts of Moyes and Spalletti has left the club in a mess. The team is carrying so much deadwood on inflated wages its ridiculous. Van Persie and Rooney are both still on £300k p/w and Valencia is the 3rd highest earner on £92k. Massive rebuild job on my hands at the moments.

Looking to employ a similar system LVG wants to play IRL - the 5-3-2. However, we lack to strong fullbacks for such a formation with Evra still first choice ahead of buttner and Varela the only recognised right back. This is the main area to strengthen.

However, Moyes managed to bring in Morgan Schneiderlin in his first window and Spalletti brought in Rakitic in his first window, so central midfield is very strong. Have no issues in the number 10 position with Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj. Upfront Rooney is our best option along with Welbeck, Van Persie can still just about do a job.

Central defence is okay with Stefan Savic and a spanish youth Ruben Duarte who has decent potential being added to Jones, Evans and Smalling.

Have £23m to spend with about 300k left in the wage budget, looking at signing a a few full backs. Primary target is Luke Shaw, to be consistent with real life, but he would cost a majority of the budget so may wait until summer to sign him.

Also flirting with an idea of playing a 4-5-1 with 4 centre backs, similar to Germany's world cup winning tactic this summer.

Sounds like an interesting save. Any chance you could upload it?

Many thanks

Okay, accidently saved over the file where Spalletti had just been sacked. Have two saves. One - my first attempt. Where I joined and the wage budget was over by a lot so I had to trim wages, which was basically just releasing Ashley Young. Put most of the transfer budget into the wage budget and made just one signing. Carl Jenkinson :D Love Him! Expectations is top 4.

Or..

The second attempt save, which i'm actually playing on. I've shipped out Nani and spent the whole transfer budget on Luke Shaw. Expectations are lower in this one. The board just want a respectable finish.

Okay, accidently saved over the file where Spalletti had just been sacked. Have two saves. One - my first attempt. Where I joined and the wage budget was over by a lot so I had to trim wages, which was basically just releasing Ashley Young. Put most of the transfer budget into the wage budget and made just one signing. Carl Jenkinson :D Love Him! Expectations is top 4.

Or..

The second attempt save, which i'm actually playing on. I've shipped out Nani and spent the whole transfer budget on Luke Shaw. Expectations are lower in this one. The board just want a respectable finish.

Second one sounds good :)

Icardi, Benteke or Vietto gentlemen? Any opinions who would be best or if any of you had any of them at United?

Icardi and Benteke would cost me around the £25m mark and Vietto around £12m. I like the look of Icardi I have to say but Vietto's price is tempting me.

Icardi, Benteke or Vietto gentlemen? Any opinions who would be best or if any of you had any of them at United?

Icardi and Benteke would cost me around the £25m mark and Vietto around £12m. I like the look of Icardi I have to say but Vietto's price is tempting me.

Icardi is inconsistent in my save for Liverpool, probably just due to his age.

Benteke has been the star for me, but I snapped him up late and had to pay $50m..

Well just started my last long save game and again have chosen man utd. Gonna us the LVG approach and go 5-3-2. Won community shield 4-1 against Wigan. Drew against Swansea 1-1. Beat Cardiff 2-0. beat arsenal 2-0. Using this tactic.

My question is who do recommend as my 2 wing backs. I'll have shaw on left and rafael on right. Who do I bring in as back up/competition in these 2 positions. ??? Thanks in advance

Just bought FM14 and started my United save. I edited some of the bigger transfers, for all the big clubs, before starting the save so Shaw and Herrera were already joining the club.

My signings were Hummels (I was surprised he wanted to leave after BVB had a surprisingly poor season), Sven Bender, Gauld (my scouts really like him), Umtiti (needed a backup LB and he's quite a solid one), Varane (for whatever reason, he was available for 21 million. Makes no sense to me either), and Matthew Ryan. Eder Balanta and Dorin Rotariu will be joining in January (my scouts really like them too).

I forgot to mention I simmed the first season before taking over United. Moyes finished 5th and got sacked. Because of that Rooney, Mata, and Rafael came to me complaining that they wanted to leave because we hadn't qualified for the champions league. This happened within a month of me joining. A nice welcome to the club. I managed to keep all 3.

In any case, started my season off rather well; beat Molde both legs to get into the group stage of the Europa League. Beat Blackburn at home 4-0, Spurs away 2-0 (very very lucky to do so. De Gea deserves a raise), and just beat Everton 6-1 at home.

Rooney has scored 7 in 4, Chicharito has 4 in 4, and Welbeck has 2 in 4.

I've even brought back Mulensteen and Steele into my coaching staff.

The only bad news so far is that RVP tore his calf muscle and is out for 3 months. Other than that, things have started off very very well.

I have a summer update database for my new United save but i think the transfer budget is wrong how much would you say would be a true reflection on how much we have to spend in the real this window after herrera and shaw

With the New Sponsorship deals I would say £70 Million would be fair.

I have downloaded the latest transfer August update off Steam.

So Giggs is Assistant Manager with Van Gaal's coaching staff.

Starting money is about 64million with no Champs League so lets see what will happpen.

Need to Win League and also get United back in the Champs League going to be strange no playing on a Tues & Wed in Europe.

this is my team im on my 1st season

GK De Gea

RB Jones/Trippler

CB Vidic/Rio

CB Evans/Smalling

LB Evra/Buttner

CDM Lars Bender

CM Carrick/Fellini

CM Matudi/Clevlery

CAM Mata/Kagawa

ST Rooney

ST Jese/RVP/Wellbeck

doing well so far top of the league but rooney just isnt scoring only got one goal all season. shall I sell him in jan he's playing flase 9

Archived