FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I want to buy anyone "top class" at the minute (Season 5/6) - think Bale, Neymar, Ronaldo (at 33!), Messi, even players like Draxler (although he is at City) I have to bid £200m to get it accepted by the board. Otherwise the manager rejects the bid straight away. Nightmare.

I think my highest transfer paid is still Luke Shaw for £25m in the first season, I'm in the fifth/sixth at the minute.

1st Season Review

League Table

1stSeasonFinalLeagueTable_zpsac2ccd75.jpg

Amazing first season helped with many teams having a shocking start and beating each other and us having a strong start the league table shows the season was a crazy one winning the league by 20 points was incrediable im sure in the 2nd season it will be much tougher mata and RVP as you can see had amazing seasons i will go into detail on RVP stats in another screenshot.

Capital One Cup

1stSeasonLeagueCupFinal_zps3889e4dd.jpg

As you can see the Premier League title is not the only thing we managed to win this season the final was won in typical United style a late goal on the counter attack which made me hit the roof always nice to win at wembley.

FA Cup

1stSeasonFACupRun_zpsc28c6d26.jpg

As you can see Arsenal did get some revenge on us in FA Cup and knocked us out but to be honest burnley were the better team and could have easily have knocked us out but still disappointed we could not add the FA Cup to the cabinet this season but there is always next season.

Champions League

1stSeasonCLRun_zpsceb5ba2a.jpg

Hard to evaluate our champions league season but i would have to say we did ok we did not lose a game and we lost to Bayern hopefully not a sign of what will happen next week we did have chances in the bayern game just a certain Manuel Neuer was in the way so happy overall but left wondering what might have been.

Star Player

1stSeasonRVPstats_zps73f8fd90.jpg

That does say it all what a season at times unplayable when he played he scored would not know what i would have done without him. Given him a new deal if he has even half as good a season next season im sure we will be successful again. He did get many awards at the end of season which he dedicated too me im hoping he never retires but one day that will happen.

So overall very happy with this first season League and Cup win and young players showing they have a lot of promise Vidic has now left the club but on his final league game at Old Tafford he scored from a corner and lifted the league title a fitting end to a club legend. Started plans for the 2nd season including a certain midfielder from Bayern which i will show at a later date. What do you think of my first season if you want to talk to me more feel free to send me a private message and we can talk on steam or something thank you for reading.

yea training him up now

conceded TWO!!! Goals against 20th placed sunderland.. TWO!!!, scored five though :D only conceded 8 in the league all season before then, Lost Rafeal to a broken shoulder, great long term injury list I have now.... Carrick.... Mata..... even flipping Giggs, now him

then Crystal Palace come to town and the inevitable bus parking that ensued.

ADDF13BE7A20DBCECE3F1610F905C02AA2C98BB1

I think the bus he parked has a few leaks.

More crazy fees being lavished on young players:

alberto-dc3adez_-overview-profile.png

This guy cost £42m.

I've offloaded Rafinha, Steven Caulker and Lucas Silva now, so we're continuing to edge towards a "real" player free zone quite rapidly.

Ended season five with another clean sweep.

The current tactic isn't working as well as before, so I may tweak for season six.

I quickly lose interest if I get too many newgens too quickly. I'm in season 6 now and my team is:

GK

Curtois

De Gea

Newgen

LB

Luke Shaw

Jonathan Silva

RB

Rafael

Kyle Walker

CB

Eder Balanta

Chris Smalling

Phil Jones

Sandro

Michael Keane

CM

James Ward-Prowse

Newgen - Mangas

Rooney

Fletcher

Powell

Dzagoev

Newgen - Mdlanic

Attack

Mata

Januzaj

van Persie

Valencia

Newgen - Troy Cuffie

So as you can see, only 4 non-real players. I've got 6 games left of the season and currently conceded 9 goals and scored 78. Hoping to score >100 and try to keep at just 9 conceded. Highlights so far have been back to back 6-0 wins over Liverpool and then Cardiff. 7-0 at Norwich and several 5-0 thrashings of bottom sides.

Anyone else have trouble with Rafael?

ChelseavManUtd_OverviewOverview_zps215985e2.png

It seems to happen in every game I play against Chelsea, or any some of the bigger European games when I need to trust him ahead of Kyle Walker. I was pretty happy with how we were playing until Balanta got sent off and they made their two man advantage count.

Still, 9 points clear of Chelsea with 7 games left, although Chelsea have a game in hand on me.

Player turnover is continuing apace.

Having signed Lucas Romero on a free from Bayern at the end of season four, I sold him at the end of season five for £41m (!)

One less "real" player in the squad, so now we have the following "real" guys:

De Gea

ter Stegen

Grimaldo

Rafael

Peruzzi

Doria

Balanta

Jones

Ginter

Pogba

Barbosa

Berarrdi

Powell

Januzaj

Newgen list is:

Diez

Sanchez

La Forgia

Caspers

Juca

Pfeiffer

Manzini

Fernandez

Alberto

Zbrun

So, we're heading towards a 50:50 mix of "real" and newgen players.

There are signs that the reduction of CA to accommodate the inexperienced newgens is costing us, so I'm experimenting with a change of shape - a 2-3-2-3 strikerless number, which may or may not be awful.

Sounds like a pretty extreme tactic there RT, how does that look in-game? I imagine something like:

Gk

CB CB

WBL DMC WBL

MC MC

AMR AMC AML

I think it's fair to say that I love the Champions League :cool:

ManUtd_HistoryCompetitions_zpsb1786d77.png

I'll either be playing Manchester City or Olympique de Marseilles in the Final, City lead 1-0 after the first leg.

Sounds like a pretty extreme tactic there RT, how does that look in-game? I imagine something like:

Gk

CB CB

WBL DMC WBL

MC MC

AMR AMC AML

That is precisely what it was, but I didn't like how it was looking in the first preseason game.

Have now pushed the middle AMC up to ST, so have an Enganche and SS behind a CF (A).

well match engine stupidity 22 shots on goal 6 on target and a 1-1 draw in the FA cup away to Norwich, they score from thier kickoff after my team decide they dont fancy defending.

what bugged me about this though was Januzaj could only score, about 4 yards from goal, guy on the post to the right and keeper down to the left a good yard or 2 between adnan... and for some unfathomable reason he turns towards the keeper and loses possession instead of scoring the tap in

I hate it when you get Unrealistic stupidity I really do.

F1C6CCB5AD262F950C2BE87E49891A63A0A82648

this isn't bad

and champions league progress, another reason Rooney has been kept out, is how strong Diego Costa is in the Hole

39AD5750A5333089590FD8BFF695C8F5EC73BB1D

2 assists in this match

well match engine stupidity 22 shots on goal 6 on target and a 1-1 draw in the FA cup away to Norwich, they score from thier kickoff after my team decide they dont fancy defending.

Just sounds like you weren't reading the flow of the match very well.

It's one thing to blame a "stupid ME" when you aren't winning, and another to be quiet when you are.

yea, wasn't a flow issue just that one single thing that turned that game into a draw. and a match I could have done without, as Cleverley got injured against Hull.

FB061299EB403059377C1085470B2EF6BCE0948B

surprised at those stats, was more like an away performance then the complete domination I usualy have in homegames. man of the match only got 7.2... and was Gauld, he hasn't done bad at all since joining.

646A287DB238D8B1E15E0AD4851A8EB92071D387

Hernandez with back to back hat tricks

got a BIG problem with central midfield now, Carrick still Injured, Cleverley Injured, Giggs is old, Fellaini needs a rest and Jones is back from Injury. a tough rotation here.

58CFF3166A9CA7B92705A9A5EF259CCF04AC6183

Rooney playing in CM.... in the match that clinched the title (game #30 of 38 :D) as away games go this has been the best one, performance wise, for a while.

and my DoF just ate my wage budget giving contracts out to first teamers.... which i told him to do but he could just offer them to the people with months left.

Manchester United: 2018/19

Made it through to February 2019 over the last two nights, really got my team going now, not been beaten in about 5 months of football (won Charity Shield, Super Cup and World Club Cup so far), dominating teams :D As my B team proved against Charlton in the FA Cup :)

291cj1g.png

Managed to pick up James Ward-Prowse for just £11m in January too;

23jmhsn.png

Then the next game, I thanked Southampton for their generosity with a 6-0 win at St Mary's :D

nqvimh.png

Plus a nice result in the Manchester derby, puts me top of the league:

1r2s1i.png

I know, southampton are frustrating, they wanted £53m for shaw :/

reashed April, which is a busy time regarding cups so I played through those.

E645D5983505EB940388D8781D8AA402B9DA9649

dissapointed about thier goal as it looked slightly offside. but had that safety net of 2 goals

6E7F080B08AF52924025E378A7864BD62F546D0E

league game, annoyed at goals conceded, but needed a few goals as I have scored very few in the past 2 league games (0-1 win at Stoke and a 0-0 at Anfield)

36AEE305E99CE4ABF71C745B68CC622FB601DCA8

let assistant do this as I was short of time and wanted to get through... wasn't quite expecting this result, nor the silly numbers of cards.

4EC77E5447EEB8F4DB2BAA99146ADE2E7AF2DD5F

City somehow fluked a way passed Barca to win 6-5 on aggregate (5-1 at home for them.... do wonder if FM does that on purpose as it happens a lot)

C06CCDA4314B35999186844E404916CB830BFD55

won the FA cup semi, facing Newcastle in the final of that.

Looks like your turning it on in style! Do you still use Wayne Rooney or has he fizzled out? I really wanted James Ward-Prowse, but Southampton are asking for ridiculous sums in the region of £40mil! No thanks...

Rooney is my 4th choice striker now, Barbosa is number one, turning into an animal now :D

How old is barbosa and who does he start with, can't seem to find him on my game(unless he's called Juninho)?

Also, anyone had experience with Andrew Robertson(Dundee United LB 18/19 start of game) or Juan Bernat(Valencia left back, 19/20 start of game) as these two look reasonably solid for me?

I have started a new game with Utd and selected "Sunday League Footballer" as my past experience. I got a transfer budget of around £12m, most of which I have spent on staff. So I'm down to 3.5m now and will probably just buy 1 good youth prospect this season.

My question is, if I do well this season, what sort of transfer budget can I expect for season 2? Is the fact that I have limited experience in football going to hamper me for years to come?

Thanks.

How can I get Rooney to score? Which role?

I'm playing a this formation below and he's got 38 in 2 seasons.

Keeper- 'Keeper defend

Right back- CWB attack

Right centre back- CB defend

Left centre back- CB defend

Left back- CWB attack

Right centre mid- Deep lying playmaker defend

Left centre mid- Deep lying playmaker support

Right winger- Inside forward attack

Centre attacking mid- Shadow striker attack

Left winger- Inside forward attack

Centre forward- Complete forward

Rooney is normally the shadow striker behind RVP or Henriquez(18 goals on loan at Zaragoza and then 16 in second season with Southampton then Norwich). I have 2 of Mata, Kagawa, Lallana, Jay Rodriguez, Welbeck and Januzaj playing as wingers or in Rooneys spot. All 8 of them scored at least ten goals in both seasons playing as a front four. Depending on who is playing, I may change the roles a little so one of them is an Advanced Playmaker.

how did you get that away result?

my away performances are nowhere near my home smashing, except for the odd game.

7CC15BD89DCA0CB5FD321D538872227C3DD17F35

they scored from RvP deciding it would be fun to pass the ball beckwards as his first tocuh, leading to a counter, shame really, been best all round performance, usualy when 4-0 up at half time the game fizzles to nothing in the 2nd half.

Fantastic news for me as Ryan Giggs pledges to play another season at least, whilst I was also able to slash his wages from £70k/75k (can't remember which it was) down to just £26.5K!!! I've always had this thing where I like to keep these sort of legends playing for as long as possible and I can certainly guarantee he will play at least 20 matches next season.

MikeNevo_NewsInbox-3_zpsb7d1d7a5.png

I got him to 40k a week until 2016 then he retired end of 14/15 season but now he won't negotiate to lower his wages as a coach, making him higher paid than the highest paid player at 5 prem clubs.

So, second season in March... after only 4 starts all season (with 11 appearances coming off the bench), James Wilson took his 5th start in the league against Southampton very seriously. Four goals in the first half isn't to be laughed at!

1bc50d980d714fa16da019c3f62c1c45.png

Smalling just got in the FIFA/FIFPro World XI :D This is one of my best achievements on FM hahaha...

8174053fd38235083c8b4dcb57007174.png

How do you get the smaller kits like that on the pitch mate? P.s If they just appear like that I didn't know as i've just got the game.

He's the best sideways passer in the league, surely you can't get rid of someone as special as that? :lol:

(p.s. I think someone forgot to tell him you have to go forwards in order to score a goal...)

I just realised I sold him at the start of the second season. I feel dirty I used him a few times :(

End Of Season

Your first season went very similar to mine, win everything domestically but couldn't quite grasp the Champions League (I made the final, where Chelsea beat me).

Although, I am in the quarters at the moment, with a 3-0 home advantage over Real Madrid. Things could be different this season!

How do you get the smaller kits like that on the pitch mate? P.s If they just appear like that I didn't know as i've just got the game.

I am not sure buddy, I have a kit pack which gives all the teams their proper kit. So I presume if I didn't have that, it would have little generic shirts like red ones for United etc.

Archived