FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Built a new 125,000 seater stadium in 2026, named after me.

Took 5 years in total from the day of asking the board. Required leaking the story to the press first. No news item until the stadium is actually built but you can track progress in the boardroom section.

I have got a new stadium about to start building. Currently in the planning phase with completion on 31/5/2026. Got no details on stadium as because like you I went to the press with my disappointment at this being turned down. No doubt after so many clean sweeps it be named after me, but that actually disappoints me.

And Giggs just got fired by Arsenal after coming 7th in league :( He had quite a few jobs so curious where he goes next

I have got a new stadium about to start building. Currently in the planning phase with completion on 31/5/2026. Got no details on stadium as because like you I went to the press with my disappointment at this being turned down. No doubt after so many clean sweeps it be named after me, but that actually disappoints me.

And Giggs just got fired by Arsenal after coming 7th in league :( He had quite a few jobs so curious where he goes next

Same currently my board building new stadium was due for completion in 2025 but now it says not till 2027 grrr :(

Afternoon all,

I haven't posted an update in here for ages. My Man Utd save is the only save I have had in FM14, and it has been ongoing since 19th October 2013, and so far I have spent basically 22 days in game time playing it! I don't fly through the seasons as quick as some of you guys, but am currently in my 7th season - 2019/2020. I have had a fair amount of success, again not as much as some, but am loving this edition of FM!!

Some history for you:

ogck.png

As you can see, I have won the premiership 4 times out of the 6 seasons I have completed:

rhdc.png

Last years league triumph (2018/2019) was my best domestic league win:

4yfs.png

My only defeat came away to Nottingham Forest in April.

I have had 2 Champions League triumph's and a defeat in the final. My 2 wins came in 2016 and 2019 against PSG 1-0 and Bayern 3-2 respectively. Both finals were tight affairs, with the Bayern one last year going almost right to the wire:

lxb4.png

My Squad:

57pi.png

Some of the original squad is still there, Evans, De Gea, Jones & Januzaj. Jones is the current club captain and has been since the 2nd season.

Some notable departures:

2014/2015

Wellbeck £26m to Chelsea.

Rooney £10 to Juventus.

2015/2016

Carrick £1.5m to Tottenham.

Evra £500,000 to Lyon.

Nani £7.5m to Monaco.

RVP £1.5m to PSG.

Vidic £1.5m to Real Madrid.

Fletcher Free to Atletico Mineiro.

Hernandez £10m to Monaco.

2016/2017

Zaha £33m to Chelsea.

2017/2018

Powell £30.5m to Shaktar.

Fellaini £14.5m to PSG.

2019/2020

Kagawa £12.25m to Atletico Madrid

There have obviously been more transfers out than that, but they were the ones who were at the club originally who moved on. Zaha for £33m to Chelsea was my best bit of business. He played 27 times in 3 seasons for Chelsea before moving to PSG in 2018/2019 for £12.75m.

The only one I didn't really want to let go, or at least was unsure of, was Kagawa. He was outstanding for me playing as a false 9, but he wasn't getting that much game time anymore with other players developing around him, and just thought it was a waste to let his contract run down and lose him for nothing. Only the 2nd player (Herrera was the other who I bought and then sold) who I spoke to before I sold to tell him he would be welcomed back.

Youth:

xjhb.png

My first team is quite young anyway, with an average age of 24 (lowest in the league), but there are some youth proepects that I have high hopes for. I invest quite a lot in youth, mainly buying anyone that my scouts find that are 4 stars or over. Some times these work, other times I just sell them on (again, some for a profit - others at a loss).

Think thats about it for now, will try to post more detailed and regular updates from now on!!

Carried on with my Manchester United save last night, first season.

I drew Atletico Madrid in the knock out of the Champions League, with Costa in fine form, I very nearly messed up...

rjikgk.png

... until I re-united Mata, RCP and Rooney for the return leg :)

wmf0cw.png

That set up a tie with Schalke (got lucky in the draw, they were the weakest team left). Despite Fellaini's red card, I managed to win and take away three away goals:

2qjdu6u.png

Dominated the home leg, even though Silva saw red, and hung on. I went through a strange stage of 4 red cards in 5 matches...

vpyhdj.png

Anyway, the final 4 in the Champions League look like this:

2a7bz0i.png

In other cups, I managed to win the League Cup, Januzaj is progressing nicely, and smashed in the winner against Chelsea:

15572gi.png

In the FA Cup, Liverpool scored a 90th minute equalizer at Anfield to set up a replay with me at Old Trafford, so it was time for some revenge :D

1pxlis.png

And while all of this was going on, City sacked their manager, and hired this nugget:

2h6dbnk.png

Because his contract was running out. It would have run out in the Summer (June 2015) of the 2nd season - so 6 months away. He wanted a stupid amount of money to sign a new contract (can't remember exact figures), and was playing absolute rubbish for me. So I decided then that he would not be getting a new contract. I tried offloading him during the 2014 summer window, but he would not agree terms with anyone. So offered him out again in the January transfer window and he went to Juventus. To be honest I was just happy to get something for him and get him off my wages. He played a total of 41 games for me in the first season and scored just 5 goals. Again, I can't see stats, but I am sure he didn't get a lot of assists either.

He didn't do any better for Juventus. He scored 26 times for them in 112 games. I know they re-trained him as a central midfielder.

Manchester United: 2013/14 Review.

Won the Charity Shield:

2dkzmhf.png

Won the League Cup:

2uszgo4.png

Won the Premier League with record points total:

xeelw9.png

11lilhy.png

Defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup final (Eto'o winner came via Evans just standing still and not cutting out a long ball that stopped right next to him- inconvenient bug!):

iypxk0.png

Defeat to Barcelona in Champions League final, in training the week leading up to the game, I lost Evra and Balanta to injury, also Rooney and van Persie picked up injuries and required injections to get through the game, just came up short as Messi has a blinder:

ylcw0.png

Finally, some awards:

zjfkmc.png

2m7goqd.png

2eoy45x.png

301henm.png

Christmas came early for me in June 2014 - Southhampton were relegated, and had most all of their players on the transfer list. I picked up Shaw for £2.2m, Ward-Prowse for £2m, and Callum Chambers for £750,000. Still have £40m to spend if needed.

Hey, been a long time since I have posted on the forums. Had a break from FM for a while. I got a little bored of winning all the time. But now I am back with the latest patch and going to give it another go with United. Just reinstalling and updating then I shall be off.

2re6tn5.png

:thup:

I tried bringing both Ronny and Bale back in the same summer - Real wouldn't accept £100m for Ronny (Not sure I'd have paid that much any how) and wouldn't go below £95m for Bale. Did you tap them up previous to putting in a bid?

I tried bringing both Ronny and Bale back in the same summer - Real wouldn't accept £100m for Ronny (Not sure I'd have paid that much any how) and wouldn't go below £95m for Bale. Did you tap them up previous to putting in a bid?

He was transfer listed for around £40m.

He wanted £350K p/w, but I have to give him 50% sell on, to get his wages down to £210K p/w. Big deal, but I wanted a worldy :D

Also bought a lad from FC Porto, Juan Fernando Quintero, for £12.25m, predominantly an attacking midfielder or winger, but I'm re-training him to a False 9, as he has all the attributes for playing just off the strikers. Anyone ever bought him?

@stevemc what skin you using?

Its my own.

I don't usually post individual results in here, however...............

I had 2 bad away results, lost 4-0 to Norwich and then 1-0 to West Brom. Let my anger out after the West Brom defeat, and these were the next 2 consecutive games..........

tlfa.png

47xr.png

Fairly happy with the reaction. Poor Jose.

So I have just finished my first season. It went rather well.

Here are my seasons transfers:

S1_Transfers.jpg

I tried to sign Mata, Pirlo, Herrera and many others but couldn't get them so I went for Sigurdsson in the summer window qhich turned out to be a pretty good signing as he picked up the player of the year award. In the Jan window I signed Camacho as back up.

Here is my collection of trophies this season:

Trophies.jpg

So yeah not a bad first season haha.

The league went down to the wire. For the first half I was haing pretty much a realistic season, languishing in 7th place 14 points behind Chelsea and eleven behind 2nd place Liverpool :(.

But with a change of tactics and the signings of Camacho and the legend that is Ronaldinho, we ended up fighting back to end this way:

S1_League_Table.jpg

The fightback was a tough one and started after a 5 game losing streak against crappy teams which I couldn't figure out. Hence the change in tactics. I went from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 which changed everything and we only lost I think it was 3 in about 40 games or something.

The funnest game had to be the final match of the season in the Champions League Final against Chelsea:

S1_Champs_Final.jpg

Well I say the best but it was also the most nerve wracking of the lot. I thought we were going to lose until the end. I managed to stop leaking goals from corners, although not completely, with a few tweaks. I didn't change the attacking set piece set ups but still scored a load. Including Vidic getting 11 haha.

On top of the teams trophies I won 2 Manager of the month awards and the manager of the season award.

We lost in the 3rd round of the CC to Spurs which was stopped us winning everything but that is now my target for the second season.

Overall a very good first season I am happy with but coud of been better.

For the new season coming up I have a few aims -

1) Cut out the stupid losses to stupid teams

2) Use and develop the youth instead of buying in players - I have been reading Cleon's Ajax training guide.

3) Win every trophy

4) Have the league wrapped up before the final game of the season this time

Right, the end of the first season cumulated in English winning the World Cup :D with Chris Smalling taking man of the match :D

s0vs5f.png

Meanwhile, Tom Cleverley, who I fleeced £20m off Chelsea for, had a blinding season...

2el752b.png

Anyone, onto my transfers, I had a busy Summer, shipped out alot of the deadwood, Young, Anderson, Lindegaard, Bebe. Nani was underperforming massively, so was surprised to get £20m for him, then Barcelona made a bid for Kagawa, who wasn't playing too well, and had alot of injuries during the season, I negotiated at £30m, so I was pretty happy with that.

All that allowed me to bring back Paul Pogba, bring in Bale, plus a couple of younger players, averaging £20m of spending for the window.

1zp1rfp.png

Took the team on a pre-season tour of the USA and China, came back, and disappointingly lost the Charity Shield :D

jgma1l.png

Incidentally, the League Cup 3rd round draw, drew me against Chelsea =/ and the Champions League threw this up...

fc5lyo.png

But managed to pick up and early away win :)

24qkeoi.png

Following game took me to Arsenal, who had a crazy opening 10 minutes, Balanta at fault for all 3 goals, I subbed him off after 15 minutes:

nl9yjc.png

Which mean't I needed to beat Chelsea in the League Cup to get back on track:

11ui7lz.png

steve mc, how did you manage to get Bale and Pogba bids accepted for such small fees? the clubs wont even entertain selling usually to me?

Bale was transfer listed for £39m.

Manchester City had a bid accepted for Pogba, because he was on my shortlist, it alerted me. So I had to bid for him then. :D Pogba generally goes for £30-35m from the saves I've had previous.

Bale was transfer listed for £39m.

Manchester City had a bid accepted for Pogba, because he was on my shortlist, it alerted me. So I had to bid for him then. :D Pogba generally goes for £30-35m from the saves I've had previous.

There are certain players i cannot have bids accepted for (besides £200 million bids - not something id go through with), every game Bale, Ronaldo, Pogba and Vidal are the same ones, i dont think ive ever been able to get a bid accepted, unless im doing something wrong?

There are certain players i cannot have bids accepted for (besides £200 million bids - not something id go through with), every game Bale, Ronaldo, Pogba and Vidal are the same ones, i dont think ive ever been able to get a bid accepted, unless im doing something wrong?

Conte left Juventus for Real Madrid, and at that time, Manchester City (and me) bid while they were manager-less. Don't know if that had any bearing on the bid being accepted?

Bale was transfer listed with no other clubs interested.

Had my scouts scouring the world for regens, not really a fan of paying silly money (over £5m) for young regens (under 16) that may or may not make the grade, but I've just signed this lad on a free, spotted by Jim Lawlor...

2qs6x4m.png

Managed to top my Champions League group, by beating Milan at home in the 5th game, with Balotelli unbelievably missing a penalty :xlips:

2agsxvl.png

Milan then sacked their manager, and hired Ancelotti (love a bit of romance!)...

dxlrvr.png

He was closely followed by David Moyes, taking the Inter job... :D

2qcf1gw.png

Back onto my team, I've started to pick up form, had a word with Bale after a really poor start for me, he's now scored 8 goals in his last 3 games, Pogba has started to settle in since I swapped him from a DLP(D) to an AP(A), had some great results, including this comeback away at Liverpool, who have started the season on fire...

ww0sw6.png

The last game I played last night was away at newly promoted Nottingham Forest:

ejxun4.png

And here are the standings as I left it last night, and I'm also still in the League Cup (having knocked out Chelsea & Stoke):

znjtyf.png

So after a fantastic first season winning 4 trophies, I seem to be hit with the dreaded "second season syndrome". It started well smashing teams in the friendlies, then winning the Charity Shield against Chelsea and the Super Cup against Celtic. But like last season we have started off the league poorly losing 3 of the first 7 games so far as well as drawing the first champions league group game 1-1 when we should of destroyed Galatasaray.

I have brought in Lampard on a free and promoted a load of youth players, as I am trying to focus on building that side of the team up. I sold Hernandez and releseased a ton of players after their contracts ran out. I have also bought a few young players from round the world, but they are for the youth and u21 teams.

We got knocked out of the CC once again in the 3rd round, I really wanted to add that to my trophy cabinet. So that reduces the trophies I can win this season to just 6 of which I have already won 2.

It seems have a challenge on my hands which I love

What formation are you using Steve? Sounds like your having great success.

I've got two, at home I play a really attacking 4222/4231, then away against good opposition I'll change that to a more counter attacking 4-3-2-1.

Still find it tough to keep clean sheets but I'm wondering how much that is actually down to the M.E. (set piece goals, poor goalkeeping/passing our from the back etc).

Sounds good. What roles do you have the players in? I struggle with what role to have the forward in when I am doing a 4-2-3-1.

I have one balling winning midfield (defend) and one Deep lying midfielder (defend) and then, two inside forwards (Mata/Kawaga/Adnan), Rooney in the AMC, but keep trying different roles, and Van Persie in the FC position, normally Deep lying forward?

Thanks

Sounds good. What roles do you have the players in? I struggle with what role to have the forward in when I am doing a 4-2-3-1.

I have one balling winning midfield (defend) and one Deep lying midfielder (defend) and then, two inside forwards (Mata/Kawaga/Adnan), Rooney in the AMC, but keep trying different roles, and Van Persie in the FC position, normally Deep lying forward?

Thanks

I kinda play:

--------------- CF(A) ------

- DW --- F9 --------- DW -

-- DLP(D) ---- BWM(D) ---

But I've just changed the DLP for a AP(A) and it seems to work stronger.

Wait, what news about a patch? I am missing out!

So the league season has fnished and it's safe to say it didn't go as planned. We didn't win the league damn it!

S2_League_Table.jpg

This season was poor, we lost our ruthlessness at home in the first half of the season which had a devastating effect to how we finished. We drew too many games this season, we couldn't finish off teams, although I have rectified that that but it was too late.

Out of the seven trophies available we have so far won 3

Charity Shield - Won

Euro Super Cup - Won

Club World Championships - Won

League Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd round again!!

FA Cup - Knocked out in the Quarters

League - 2nd Place

So that leaves us with the Champions League of which we are in the Final again looking to retain the trophy against Real Madrid.

Going to be a tough game and we have a few injuries. Trying to decide which of the 3 tactics I have created, to use against them.

Great news, as well as missing RVP now De Gea and Vidic are injured and out of the final... Have to play Johnstone in goal now :(

Archived