FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, I'm still in pre-season, having only shipped out Cleverley (£20m), I'm trying to shift Ashley Young, Buttner and Lindegaard.

So far, putting my money into youth, I've signed, Vietto & Zivkovic (ST), J. Silva (LB), Doria & Balanta (CB).

Scott, do you score alot from corners or something, always seems that Evans or Doria scores for you

Do you mean me? Two of those we're from free kicks, but yes, my routine seems to generate goals/chances from corners at the back post. That was Doria's first appearance, he came on as a sub 10 minutes earlier :D

Also, Phil Jones plays in DM for me.

Both goals I conceded in those screenshots, were also from corners.

Corner goals seem to be a tad high on this patch.

Bargain. I can't get him for less than 150m.
Hes great yeah, got a tasty long shot on him aswel, scores some screamers from outside the area alot!

Just agreed to sell my young right back to PSG for 41.5m, I have a strong feeling hes very injury prone, seems to get injured alot so I can do without that. The bit I found funny was I kept him down on a 21k a week wage and PSG just come in and give him a contract worth 240k a week!! He said he was moving to benefit his family financially haha!!

GJ20wL4.jpg

sgmG0nx.jpg

zZmCI36.jpg

Have any of you managed to get a new stadium built?

My capacity is at 99,250 and I've asked twice for a new stadium and the board have rejected it. I'm in the last year of my contract and have been trying to add "build a new stadium" into the deal but they won't go for it.

Have any of you managed to get a new stadium built?

My capacity is at 99,250 and I've asked twice for a new stadium and the board have rejected it. I'm in the last year of my contract and have been trying to add "build a new stadium" into the deal but they won't go for it.

Yep. Had Old Trafford expanded to 107,297 and then requested a new stadium, they said no until I leaked it to the press.

xzHC1lR.png

Arsenal on mine are sat 9th with 40 odd points, with 0 GD, just above wolves O.o.

just won 4-1 again.

C1032CC11A1AC2482019757BFABEA7AD016CC590

drew 0-0 with city after this though, de Gea got a training injury as well.. should have won this game, was an oddball, game was tight, Fellaini got cent off, threw Rooney into CM and they created nothing for the last 20 minutes, while my team created 3 or 4 chances.

my League match with Arsenal got postponed because of my champions league game with Arsenal in the semis...

New kid on the scene at Old Trafford, Oscar Pickering, Strong pacey striker. Come through my youth intake in 2015/2016 season and I never really took notice of him. Sent him out to Norwich on loan in 2018/2019 for a 2 million pound season long loan, managed 6 goals in 31 apperiances, made two sub appearances for me then in 2019/2020 before going on Loan to my feeder club Sunderland for a season where he made 19 appearances and scoring 13 goals. Given him a few sub appearances this season to test him out and hes done ok, 10 goals in 10 sub appearances and I just gave him his first start against Fulham in the league and scores a first half hatrick and setting up two goals, all in the first half. Hoping to try and squeeze abit more potential out of him before he turns 23/24 now hes got my attention. Maybe not a player with United ability but perfect impact sub

a00pfa2.jpg

PyFOUca.jpg

New kid on the scene at Old Trafford, Oscar Pickering, Strong pacey striker. Come through my youth intake in 2015/2016 season and I never really took notice of him. Sent him out to Norwich on loan in 2018/2019 for a 2 million pound season long loan, managed 6 goals in 31 apperiances, made two sub appearances for me then in 2019/2020 before going on Loan to my feeder club Sunderland for a season where he made 19 appearances and scoring 13 goals. Given him a few sub appearances this season to test him out and hes done ok, 10 goals in 10 sub appearances and I just gave him his first start against Fulham in the league and scores a first half hatrick and setting up two goals, all in the first half. Hoping to try and squeeze abit more potential out of him before he turns 23/24 now hes got my attention. Maybe not a player with United ability but perfect impact sub

a00pfa2.jpg

PyFOUca.jpg

how have you set up your formation? im trying this formation at the moment but im struggling to make it work. up top I have a AF and F9 with a SS just behind. i have the AF with runs wide with ball and direct passes with the thought he would drag the defenders with him allowing the SS to move forward into the space to await the pass. and with the F9 dropping swapping with him i just thought there would be ample space for the SS. now that makes sense to me but for some reason it doesn't work? the F9 drops deep but the SS doesn't move into the space?

how have you set up your formation? im trying this formation at the moment but im struggling to make it work. up top I have a AF and F9 with a SS just behind. i have the AF with runs wide with ball and direct passes with the thought he would drag the defenders with him allowing the SS to move forward into the space to await the pass. and with the F9 dropping swapping with him i just thought there would be ample space for the SS. now that makes sense to me but for some reason it doesn't work? the F9 drops deep but the SS doesn't move into the space?

I'm no tactic expert but if I was playing a SS in AMC I'd have a poacher/advanced forward and a deep lying forward combo up top not a F9, in fact I wouldnt even play a SS when I have two up top, just set up your 3 man midfield sensibly and use the the AMC as an advanced playmaker.

Goalkeeper - Goalkeeper Defend (Distribute to defenders, pass it shorter)

RB - Full Back Automatic (Shoot less often, cross more often)

CD - Central Defender Defend

CD - Central Defender Defend

LB - Full Back Automatic (Shoot less often, cross more often)

RCM - Box to Box Midfielder Support (Get Further Forward)

CM - Central Midfielder Defend

LCM - Deep Lying Playmaker Support (More Direct Passes)

CAM - Advanced PlayerMaker Support (Dribble More, Roam from Position)

STCR - Advanced Forward / Poacher

STCL - Complete Forward Attack

Control - Fluid

Short Passing, Pass into space, Drill Crosses, run at defence, exploit the middle, play wider, push higher up, stand off opponents, stay on feet, higher tempo

Obviously you chop and change certain things depending on who you're coming up against, but I will always start with that exact set up for every home game

Got a few more hours in on my Manchester United, I'm in October now (first season), I'll post my transfers up tonight, I've invested all my money in youth.

I'm currently unbeaten in the league (using real life fixtures too), through in the League Cup (beating QPR away 4-0 with my reserves), now have a home tie against Charlton. And I've won the sole Champions League game that I've played.

So far, so good. (Better than Moyes :D)

Nice buy with Vietto Steve, bought him myself after he was banging them in for fun in Brazil, sold him on now but made great profit on him and he gave me two great seasons. He cost me 7.5m and I sold him for 23m as I knew he wouldnt get games for me with my regens breaking through

Nice buy with Vietto Steve, bought him myself after he was banging them in for fun in Brazil, sold him on now but made great profit on him and he gave me two great seasons. He cost me 7.5m and I sold him for 23m as I knew he wouldnt get games for me with my regens breaking through

That's what I was thinking, in my Wolves save, he was a beast 6 seasons in at PSG (having been bought for £32m).

He looks good, but I'm hoping with my training, he'll improve rapidly, either for the first team or a healthy profit.

I like Henriquez too, I want to make him a regular when he returns from loan.

Started a save with United on an updated database, so I have Mata whilst Zaha, Anderson etc. are out on loan and Fabio is at Cardiff.

Brought in Shaw (£25m) and Ward Prowse (£10m - loaned back for 4 months) whilst letting go Buttner to Wigan (around £4m) and Young (£5m) to Spurs. Shaw will replace Buttner whilst I wanted Young off the wage book (especially with Mata already in the team at the start). I don't generally play with Wingers either so he'd have found game-time reduced.

Took the bold(ish) decision to keep Cleverley despite offers, especially as Carrick and Fletcher have started the game out for around 3-4 months each. Annoyingly RvP got injured on International duty with Holland, so Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez are having to deliver.

Results so far have been mixed; I started well, winning the community shield and my first two matches 2-0 (Cardiff, Sunderland) before a 2-1 defeat to Norwich. We then beat West Brom before losing 2-0 to Chelsea and PSG back to back.

Got Villa up next in the Cup. Time for the Keane brothers to get some game time.

Got handed Atletico Madrid in the Champions League, for topping my group!

s3eibn.png

Pretty much through in the League Cup semi final, brought Kagawa on in the 80th minute and he bags two :D

r034n9.png

In January now, and made my one and only signing:

24cxi7o.png

Just finished my fourth season. Won everything possible . That makes 4x CL and 4x EPL in a row. Very proud of that .

I decided to rebuild my squad zo i sold De Gea (i have Ter Stegen since season 3 as first goalkeeper) and signed a regen.

Sold Kagawa for 38m to psg (have draxler since season 3 and Januzaj backup) and sold Valencia ( i have zaha,ince and a regen as MR)

I signed Grotzeka (that german DMC) from bayern and kurt Zouma (from PSG)

my team in season 5 :

-----------------Ter Stegen----------------

Rafael ---- Zouma - -- - - Jones --- Alba

-----------------Grotzeka------------------

Zaha------------Verrati------------Draxler

-------------------------------------------

----------Van Persie - Rooney------------

backup :

--------------Tolfossen(regen)------------

Smalling -- Jedvaj -- Chiellini -- Jonathan Silva

-----------------Fellaini------------------

Ince-------------Hughes-------------Januzaj

-----------------------------------------

----------- Welbeck - Hernandez-----------

Other players : Johnstone , Caulker, Powell ,Ledson, Amisse(regen), Escudero(regen), Barbosa(big chance he is going to be a starter soon) and Henriquez.

First season, I'm involved in an extremely tight race so far:

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps7f5b22b8.png

One set of fixtures could swing anyone from 5th to 1st whilst two fixtures could bring in Chelsea, Newcastle and Southampton.

Just had a tough game against Everton - they were more than happy to take a point and leave. McGeady scored a fluke long-ranger and only one Everton player had an average position outside their own half (as opposed to all but 1 of my outfield players).

ManUtdvEverton_StatsMatchStats_zpsd8540c91.png

Just finished my fourth season. Won everything possible . That makes 4x CL and 4x EPL in a row. Very proud of that .

I decided to rebuild my squad zo i sold De Gea (i have Ter Stegen since season 3 as first goalkeeper) and signed a regen.

Sold Kagawa for 38m to psg (have draxler since season 3 and Januzaj backup) and sold Valencia ( i have zaha,ince and a regen as MR)

I signed Grotzeka (that german DMC) from bayern and kurt Zouma (from PSG)

my team in season 5 :

-----------------Ter Stegen----------------

Rafael ---- Zouma - -- - - Jones --- Alba

-----------------Grotzeka------------------

Zaha------------Verrati------------Draxler

-------------------------------------------

----------Van Persie - Rooney------------

backup :

--------------Tolfossen(regen)------------

Smalling -- Jedvaj -- Chiellini -- Jonathan Silva

-----------------Fellaini------------------

Ince-------------Hughes-------------Januzaj

-----------------------------------------

----------- Welbeck - Hernandez-----------

Other players : Johnstone , Caulker, Powell ,Ledson, Amisse(regen), Escudero(regen), Barbosa(big chance he is going to be a starter soon) and Henriquez.

How is Goretzka playing as DMC? I always saw him as a B2B or Attacking CM tbh

Got handed Atletico Madrid in the Champions League, for topping my group!

s3eibn.png

Pretty much through in the League Cup semi final, brought Kagawa on in the 80th minute and he bags two :D

r034n9.png

In January now, and made my one and only signing:

24cxi7o.png

They transparent panels are quality, what stadium pack did you use mate?

Epic Semi Final match up with Chelsea, 2-0 first leg and go to Stamford Bridge for the away leg, 2-1 up at halftime and 4-1 on agg then my team come out at half time playing like a League One side, gave me a scare when Caulker banged in there 4th. Win on away goals after it is 4-4 on agg. Got Barca now in the Final at Old Trafford ;)

VRKIljU.jpg

pjlVQlz.jpg

I should also win the League and hoping to hit 100 points.

ECQ8GC4.jpg

So just finished my 8th season. Won the League, Champions League (Third time in a row), Capital One Cup, Club World Championship, Euro Super Cup and the Community Shield. Only thing I didn't win was the FA Cup, where I got a unlucky draw with Man City (A) early on and lost 2-1.

http://i.imgur.com/WuhSkn5.jpg

I'm an avid believer in using heavy squad rotation in my team and i'm pretty happy with my goal return from my forwards despite the rotation, looking back at it it looks like I didn't rotate the forwards that much but it felt like I was.

So Baumann, 45 starts with 7 sub apperances, returning 34 goals and 14 assists.

http://i.imgur.com/bxGmj0B.jpg

Pickering, 26 starts with 21 Sub appearances, returning 25 goals and 11 assists.

http://i.imgur.com/jktUIYr.jpg

Garcia, 35 starts with 4 sub appearances, returning 29 goals and 4 assists.

http://i.imgur.com/g9wVmHZ.jpg

lancu, 32 starts with 11 sub appearances, returning 9 goals and 22 assists.

http://i.imgur.com/jOucpEI.jpg

Thats Garcias first season in England, after I decided to part with a huge sum of 61m to get him off Real Madrid, with Luciano Vietto going the other way a few days after for 23m or something close.

Hoping to make a few signings now in the summer, eyeing up a French right back at Lyon who is fantastic and theirs a Portuguese CM at SLB I got my eye on. Might try to offload Will Hughes and Juan Fernando Quintero to make room

Just finished my first season so I thought I'd give an update before heading into the second.

Transfers

In:

Balanta (River) - £7.5m (loaned back for the season)

Shaqiri (Bayern) - £20m

Had a bid of £48m accepted for Pogba, but he refused to negotiate a contract.

Out:

Buttner (Ajax) - £3.2m

Anderson (AC Milan) - £7m

Macheda (Stoke) - £500k

Nani (Real Madrid) - £12.25m (January)

Competitions

I didn't manage to win any trophies, bar the Community Shield (5-1). I finished 2nd in the league to a rampant Chelsea. Finished on 81 points, while Chelsea broke records with 96! They didn't lose a match until I trashed them 6-0 on March 29th, we drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge in December. Newcastle finished 3rd with 68 points, with Tottenham claiming 4th on 67.

I finished first in my Champions League group (Juventus, Schalke, and Steaua). Drew Borussia Dortmund in the First Knockout round, and somewhat surprisingly, won 5-0 over the two legs. In the Quarters I drew Bayern and went out 4-3. We drew 2-2 in Munich but Muller was too much, scoring 3 goals in the two matches, grabbing the winner in the 88th minute at OT. City ended up defeating Bayern 2-1 in extra time :(

Went out to West Ham in the Capital One Cup and got shellacked by Everton in the FA Cup. Everton won both competitions.

Second Season Transfers

In:

Luke Shaw (Southampton) - £25m

Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli) - £12m

Kevin Strootman (Roma) - £10m

Out:

Ashley Young (Everton) - £1.7m

Tom Cleverly (PSG) - £29m

Antonio Valencia (Monaco) - £13.5m

Vidic - Free

Ferdinand - Free

Evra - Free

Giggs - Free

I choose Strootman and Insigne for £22m and a total of £85k p/w vs. Pastore and Lars Bender for £50m and £180k p/w. They are at City.

Manchester United Season One Round Up

Honours:

Premier League 2013/14

Champions League 2013/14

Summary:

Transfers

ManUtd_TransfersTransferHistory-2_zps5fd6daf9.png

As you can see there wasn't a huge amount of activity. I was playing on an updated database so I already had Mata etc. In came Shaw and JWP for a combiend £35m, which was a bit steep but secures Left Back and a Midfield spot for the next 10-15 years. Ronaldinho came in to add a bit of spark to the team, and performed well. In terms of departures Young left for just £5m but we got rid of his vast wages off the bill. The only other departure of note was Buttner who left to free up Shaw's spot at left back.

Premier League

It was a weird old season, with Chelsea missing out and Tottenham and Liverpool struggling. Newcastle were strong all season but struggled towards the end whilst Everton were doing well until the last 5 games where they really pushed up the table. We struggled initially and yo-yo'd between 3rd and 5th until Match Day 23 when we took over 1st spot and never relenquished it.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile_zps904b4528.png

Capital One Cup

I thought we really had a chance with this, after a relatively easy route to the final; however it wasn't to be. At 1-1 we had the chance to put ourselves 2-1 up from the Penalty Spot but Rooney missed the chance. From that moment we were on the back foot and quickly succumbed.

CapitalOneCup_OverviewStages_zps1dd807f6.png

FA Cup

We seemed to have a straight forward route to another Final appearance against Chelsea until Newcastle surprised us (they also beat me in the League) before going on to lift the cup.

EnglishFACup_OverviewStages_zps13b40f87.png

Champions League

The jewel in the crown. I can now say I'm half as good as Fergie in one respect at least. We had a tough route straight from the off. Milan gave us a good game before we faced FC Bayern. A 1-0 win at Old Trafford put us in the driving seat which we finished off with a 2-1 win in Munich.

Our semi-final against Barcelona gave me a chance to release my inner Mourinho. After another commanding home victory (2-1) we then went to Barcelona with one thing in mind - don't concede. After what can only be described as the most tense 90 minutes of my life we managed to achieve the 0-0 result we needed.

We then faced a tough final against Juventus. Vidic put us ahead 1-0 in the 50th minute whilst we then set our stalls out to defend our lead. It wasn't as straight forward as it seems, both Rafael and Smalling were sent off in the 73rd and 85th minutes to put our position under stress but we held out.

EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewStages-5_zpsdf35990a.png

Steve, any chance you can upload your skin file(s)? I know you're using the FM Base Skin, but I'd love to have the transparent panels without having to go through the hassle of changing/editing individual files!

Would be much appreciated bud.

Sorry Mike, as I explained in the thread, I did it as a test for my own personal use.

I don't want to be hosting something that isn't really my work (I've taken files from others skins), not only that, its not perfect and there are issues every time there is an update, certain files have to go in certain places and people would be constantly asking questions, I've had tons of PM's about it already, and I only set that thread up for help/advice.

There are skins available with transparent boxes, but the backgrounds all need downloading separately too.

Sorry mate.

Archived