Sports Interactive Community
Gundo

Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2036/37 - Ukrainian Premier League

League: 1st (Positions)

Cup: Lost in the second round to Kremin. One of those days.

Ukrainian supercup: Lost on penalties to Shaktar.

Europe: Champions league quarter-final. Lost to nemesis Man City again. But beat Chelsea comfortably in the 1/8-final. So there is hope. Group stage.

This year we were the best team in Ukraine without a doubt. After the fifth round we went top and stayed there ever since. With a nice blend of Ukrainans and foreign players we have a good foundation for the years to come. I try to buy good Ukrainan youngsters but the prices are steep, but still I manage to sign a good talent every year.

The board has finally granted us a new stadium and that will be good. We need all the income we can get to build a squad good enough to compete for CL-glory. We beat Juventus, Barcelona and Chelsea this year, so we can do it on our day, but we still lack a bit when we meet the big guns like Manchester City.

Still no reason to be pessimistic, with a bit of luck I hope we can reach a CL-final in the next two or three seasons.

Best player and top scorer:Ilya Bilyk: His intelligent movement from the wing behind the defence made him top scorer this year. A great player.

Youth prospect: Petro Zubenko: Another upgrade on youth facilities has been granted. We'll see if any good players will emerge.

Economy: Ok. A new stadium will bring in more money, and we need to be in Champions league every year.

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 14973 (14760)

Next season: Progress in the CL.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 
2025/26   |  Prem    |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   ( 7) 
2026/27   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 7) 
2027/28   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 9) 
2028/29   |  Prem    |   11[size=1]th[/size]    | Final |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (10) 
2029/30   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (12) 
2030/31   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Ivan Krumov        ( 9)
2031/32   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd | CL-groups |     Leandro            (17)
2032/33   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl | CL-groups |     Leandro            (24)
2033/34   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  | EL-Qfinal |     Leandro            (26)
2034/35   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  |  EL-Final |     Filip Stancic      (21)
2035/36   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | Final | CL-last 16|     Filip Stancic      (15)
2036/37   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd | CL-Q-final|     Illya Bilyk        (13)

thebaker, great stuff! Finally made the breakthrough, well deserved!

Taunton, if you're able to comfortably beat a team like Chelsea, then it can't be too far off for everything to click into place. Just need to someone else to take care of City for you :)

Partizan Minsk - 2023 - Vysshaya Liga - 1st

140px-FC_MTZ-RIPO.svg.png

A good season although a slow start almost left us out of touch for the title after 5 games. We recovered though and won the title, it went down to the last game of the season though.

We did okay in Europe as well, we started the season with a disappointing home loss 3-1 to Athletic Bilboa in the Europa league 1st knockout round. We thrashed them 5-0 at their place however to secure a 2nd round tie with Wolfsburg that we were unlucky to lose on away goals.

In the Champions League groups we performed well in a difficult group and could well have finished in the top two. We dropped into the Europa League however on goal difference to Man City.

Player wise, the necessary Belarussians (meeting the league quote of 5 in the first 11) are being eclipsed by the standard of the foreign imports. Right winger Valeriy Savon and Nikita Korzun at the back are worth their places but the remainder would be replaced if it wasn't for quota filling.

Vysshaya Liga

Champions League

Europa League

Kubak Belarusi

Superkubak Belarusi

The Team

GK Jemal Kurshubadze - Belarus international keeper. Had a good season.

RB Roman Begunov - A great season for the Belarussian at rightback.

CB Igor Aleinikov - 23 year old Belarussian international centreback. Has been a regular in the side for 7 seasons.

CB Nikita Korzun - Signed as a midfielder 2 seasons ago, converted to play centre back. Scored a ludicrous 22 goals from there.

LB Vladimir Schegrikovich - Left winger turned fullback, had his best season for the club.

BBM Egor Zhavnerchik - A first team regular since our first top flight season 8 years ago.

DLP Victor Osella - Argentine midfielder arrived on a free from San Lorenzo last season. Was very good in the holding midfield role.

RW Valeriy Savon - A fantastic season for Savon who is now Belarus' star player. 14 goals and 19 assists.

TQ Jorge Sequeira - A second exceptional season for the Argentine.

LW Perivaldo Felipe - Brazilian left winger has been voted the leagues best foreigner in both his seasons in Belarus.

AF Cadao - The Brazilian striker scored 30 goals in a prolific season.

If you think that's surprising, Saudi Arabia just won in mine.. Hahah

On another note:

ClubWorldCup_zps0832e42c.jpg

I can finally leave the club in peace.. =)

Wow!! As a Norwegian that would be the day. I don't think I ever will live to see that happen irl:).

Well done, larxus.

After being in a bit of a rut in terms of FM i've decided that the best thing to do was to come back to this challenge and i've gone for Wales as i've never managed there before and it is probably the hardest one to try and complete :D It was a tough choice as i'd reloaded a few times and a few teams took my fancy but I eventually decided on Haverfordwest

That was certainly a strange season because at the start of it I would happily have taken 10th spot but in the end i'm disappointed we weren't at least a place higher :eek: When I started the save on Sunday it was us and Rhyl 7 points ahead of 3rd at Christmas and TNS were having a poor start to say the least but the dreaded case of losing form when going back to it occurred and we only won 1 game in 3 months :D Thankfully we had a turn of luck especially as Oldbury got put in at the deep end and that certainly strengthened us in midfield (i'd go as far to say he's already the best player at the club) and we went on a good unbeaten run until the end of the season and snatched the last Europa spot.

We do concede a lot of goals as you can tell :D But this is a tactic i've used on a couple of other saves and certainly produces a lot of goals at the right end too which is why i'm going to stick with it and hope eventually we can get a stronger back 4 together and cut the goals against column down a bit.

Well done on your completion larxus :applause:

129129.png

HIFK - 2022 Veikkausliiga

Veikkausliiga

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Expectation: Win the Title

My Target: Win the Title

League Table: 1st ǁ Position Graph

Another easy win.

Suomen Cup

Fixtures

An awful game against TPS in the Semis means we won't be retaining the trophy.

Veikkausliiga Liigacup

Group Stage ǁ Knock-Out Stages

We made it out of the group stage comfortably again but disappointingly lost to Honka in the semi final. Not a good year for domestic cups.

Champions League / Europa League

Fixtures ǁ Europa League Group Stage

We went past Cliftonville and parent club Kobenhavn very easily in the qualifying stages. In the playoff we drew Slovan Bratislava, which should be straightforward, however two very poor games and a last minute equaliser we suffered in the return leg meant no Champions League Groups for HIFK this year. In the Europa League we were surprisingly very competitive in the group stages and were up there with Bordeaux and Sevilla throughout. A surprising 4-2 away win against Sevilla sealed our place in the last 32!

HIFK

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

The transfer of the season was bringing club legend Fredrik Mattsson back to the club, he was released by his club in Romania and I did not hesitate to bring him back. You might remember his sale for over 5 million made the club turn pro and kickstarted our success. I also managed to bring in quite a few youngsters on a free, mainly from Denmark.

Key Players

Ivica Nimac: Great signing on a free, makes an excellent box to box midfielder.

Colin Mason: Continues to excel down the left.

Fredrik Mattsson: The legend is back!

Bas van Beek: Excellent playmaker brought on loan from PSV. Hope to keep him on for a bit more.

Other News

Finances – No Champions League makes quite a difference, but we managed to break even.

Career Overview

Season     League          Pos       Suomen Cup          Liigacup        Europe           Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014       Ykkönen         6th       Seventh Round       N/A             N/A              N/A
2015       Ykkönen         3rd       Fourth Round        N/A             N/A              N/A
2016       Ykkönen         4th       Fourth Round        N/A             N/A              N/A
2017       Ykkönen         1st       Winners             N/A             N/A              Promotion and EL Qualification
2018       Veikkausliiga   2nd       Semi-Final          Semi-Final      EL 2nd Qual.     EL Qualification
2019       Veikkausliiga   1st       Winners             Runners Up      EL 3rd Qual.     Double and CL Qualification
2020       Veikkausliiga   1st       Winners             Semi-Final      EL Group Stage   Double and CL Qualification
2021       Veikkausliiga   1st       Winners             Winners         CL Group Stage   Treble and CL Qualification
2022       Veikkausliiga   1st       Semi-Final          Semi-Final      EL Group Stage   CL Qualification

Haverfordwest_County_F.C.png

2015/16 Season Review

Transfers - Table - Euro Playoff - Cups - Hearsey - MOTY Award - Finances

Youth Intake

Lloyd - Davies

Another decent season for us as we finished 3rd again. Most pleasing was the improvement in the defence and hopefully with some new players and the introduction of Lloyd straight in to the first team from the youth intake we'll be looking at an improvement again this year and hopefully aim for 2nd spot. One thing I would like us to improve on is our form in the cups, we've had 2 good opportunities to win one already with bigger sides going out only for us to lose to inferior sides.

Wow!! As a Norwegian that would be the day. I don't think I ever will live to see that happen irl:).

Well done, larxus.

Hahah At least it still is possible.. I'm Singaporean.. Proud of it, but well... Hahah

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2037/38 - Ukrainian Premier League

I was hoping that I could celebrate my 1000th post with some good news, and finally the challenge is complete.:D

Typically enough we met nemesis Man City in the CL-final and we probably committed the greatest robbery in football. Outplayed, and against a team much better than us we somehow hung on, capitalized on their errors and won the most undeservingly CL-trophy ever.:lol:

But who cares. Arsenal-Kyivschyna is at the summit of Europe, and a long and frustrating journey has come to an end. It was also nice to get the better of City.

Wish all of you challengers out there a big thank you for the ride, and hopefully I will have the stamina to try this at FM15 as well.

League: 3rd (Positions)

Cup: Lost in the semi-final to Metalist.

Ukrainian supercup: Won against Chornomorets.

Europe: Champions league winners!

Even though we did win the CL, we struggled a bit domestically because the teams parked the bus against us. So we really didn't hit the ground running and never got to catch leaders Karpaty.

In Europe we got more space and the whole campaign were solid. I am just very relieved now that we somehow managed to win the final, I don't think I would have the stamina to go through several more seasons in search of the holy grail.

Best player: Ludek Danek: Great servant to the club. Scored in the CL-final so who could ask for more.

Top scorer:Vito Metelli: A loanee from Milan. Their loss, our gain.

Economy: Fine. It helps winning the CL. I discovered that our ticket price is £ 4,50. Not much of an income.

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 15048 (14973)

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 
2025/26   |  Prem    |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   ( 7) 
2026/27   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 7) 
2027/28   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 9) 
2028/29   |  Prem    |   11[size=1]th[/size]    | Final |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (10) 
2029/30   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (12) 
2030/31   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Ivan Krumov        ( 9)
2031/32   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd | CL-groups |     Leandro            (17)
2032/33   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl | CL-groups |     Leandro            (24)
2033/34   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  | EL-Qfinal |     Leandro            (26)
2034/35   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  |  EL-Final |     Filip Stancic      (21)
2035/36   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | Final | CL-last 16|     Filip Stancic      (15)
2036/37   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd | CL-Q-final|     Illya Bilyk        (13)
2037/38   |  Prem    |    3[size=1]rd[/size]    | S-fnl | CL-winners|     Vito Metelli       (17)

Congrats on completing Taunton, it's the result that is the important thing regarding the final.:thup:

Congrats on completing Taunton, it's the result that is the important thing regarding the final.:thup:
Congrats Taunton, great you stuck with the save even when things didn't seem to progress!
Cheers guys. Yes it was a long and hard save, but I got really attatched to the team and enjoyed in the end. Have to say that Ukraine is a tough place to play with no tv or prize money.

Any advance plans of where to play for FM15 yet Taunton or something totally different?

Well done Taunton, as you said Ukraine can be tough without the TV money. The one time I tried this challenge there I gave up after 4 seasons because I couldn't see how thingswould get any better :D So good on you for sticking at it and completing :applause:

Any advance plans of where to play for FM15 yet Taunton or something totally different?
I was thinking about Denmark. It is time to get closer to home again?

I was thinking about Denmark. It is time to get closer to home again

Not many played in Denmark if I recall correctly.

Guess where I am considering. :eek::lol:

Not many played in Denmark if I recall correctly.

Guess where I am considering. :eek::lol:

Hahahaha:lol: I don't think it is much of a gamble to bet that you will be somewhere in the vicinity of the southwestern parts of Norway.:D

Hahahaha:lol: I don't think it is much of a gamble to bet that you will be somewhere in the vicinity of the southwestern parts of Norway.:D

I have to complete with a club from Rogaland. :D

Congrats Taunton! HoF update in progress...
Cheers, and thanks for the effort of updating and keeping track of the HoF. Makes the challenge even more worthwhile and interesting.

2016/17 Season Review

Transfers - Table - Cups - Welsh Cup Final - Doidge - Thomas - MOTY Award - Finances

Youth Intake

Griffiths - Fraser

The title came a lot sooner than expected but it was probably just about deserved I feel. The team seemed to click all season long and bar one 6-1 drubbing against TNS we picked up 5 points in the other games against them and would have been more if it wasn't for a last minute penalty that went against us. Doidge was our best player and goal scorer over the season and also topped the league charts.

I moaned a little about our cup form in the previous 2 campaigns so it was nice to finally get that hoodoo off our backs even if the opposition was far from great (though to be fair these were the games that seen us fail previously)

Over the course of the save i've had 3 youth coaching improvements to make it currently stand at good (hopefully looking for another upgrade during the season) and ours is already the best in the country and as each improvement came there has been a single player that could fit straight in to the first team and help us out a little, this season though Griffiths was a major shock, there's probably only TNS with a better player in the league than this lad. Fraser is also going to play at least half the games this year as I try and build through youth because in all honesty the Welsh League has slipped to 120th in the rankings, i'm not allowed to scout outside Wales still so this is the only option for me to survive at the minute for a few reasons.

The money for the league is going down each year

The quality of player is slipping and those that are interested want wages we can't afford

Going back to the scouting range, the options are so limited I can't even scout for a gem in Ireland let alone kids over in England or Scotland.

Apart from Doidge and Zola I let everyone else go based on the fact that the last 2 intakes may only have one or two above the rest but there was enough quality to use these kids as reserves and save a fortune on wages. I've seen quite a few people on this forum tell their stories about taking sides from Wales on and always wondered why it would take 30 seasons or so to make any real progress other than overtaking TNS, hats off to the ones that have gone on to win the CL with a Welsh side as now I understand the quality (or lack of) that league possesses. This is the main reason I was intent on getting the youth setup improved straight from the word go because even though we end each season in the red in the long term I think it is the cheapest and most sensible way to go even if it means having a bad season here and there. Thankfully we have a CL campaign to keep our finances in check this year (i've already played those games and a bit more of the season, just been too lazy to write the report out :D)

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   3rd        
2015/16   3rd         
2016/17   1st        Welsh Cup winners 

Cheers Taunton :thup: Glad to get that hurdle out of the way quicker than others have managed in Wales given TNS' strength but there's still a long way to go before i'm even above them in terms of rep :D

2017/18 Season Review

Transfers - Table - Cups - Griffiths - Jenkins - MOTY Award - Finances

Youth Intake

Randall - Savage - James - Spain

It went down to the final day for the 2nd year running but again we edged it thanks mostly to remaining unbeaten in the 4 games against TNS. Griffiths and Jenkins were the catalysts for the season with some fantastic performances for us.

The money from playing in the CL kept our heads above water for the season thankfully which gave me the money to afford wages to nab Port Talbort trio Miles John, Ryan Astles and Lee McArdle on Bosman's for the upcoming season. I'm delighted to have got those 3 as it means a sudden huge boost to our back line along with Randall from the youth intake. In fact all 4 of those products go straight in to the first team squad for the upcoming season which allowed me to let a lot of high earning squad players leave. Though the wage budget isn't our biggest outgoing (that is youth coaching at about £34k per month) any money saved in other areas is vital because once or CL money (about £450k including gate receipts) came in we didn't make anything for the rest of the year which was concerning as by the time the season closed we were close to being back in the red.

Great news happened over the summer in terms of our and the league's rep with big rises for both. The divisions rise was thanks mostly to TNS making the 3rd round of the Europa league, but even more amazingly is as i've been typing this out we have overcome a 4-3 home defeat to Maribor to win the tie :eek: We play FC Kobenhavn in the 3rd qualifying round which i'm in still in shock at as I thought it was all over after the home leg :D

[size=3][b]Career Overview[/b]Season   Position    Achievements[/size]
2014/15   3rd        
2015/16   3rd         
2017/18   1st 

So proud of the effort put in by the players against Kobenhavn but feel disappointed after the 2 games that we didn't go through considering how well we played. Away leg - Home leg

The only comfort I can take is that our balance is just short of £700K (about 4k short) and we get a Europa tie against Sevilla which will plough even more money in to the club.

2018/19 Season Review

Transfers - Table - Cups - Welsh Premier Cup Final - Griffiths - Fraser - Jones - Jenkins - MOTY Award - Finances

Youth Intake

Evans - John - McArdle - Carter

That was close to a perfect season for us, we demolished sides left, right and center just as TNS had been doing during their dominance. Just as pleasing as that though was the big improvement at the other end, only 3 sides managed more than 2 goals against us and one of those was Sevilla which is to be expected.

The European run for a club of our stature was fantastic, we had no right to beat Maribor at this stage of the save but we overcame disappointment in the home leg to somehow come through that tie and to match Kobenhavn for 180 minutes and narrowly lose in extra time was some effort by my players. We weren't disgraced in our performances against Sevilla either and that set the tone for the whole season if I am honest.

Another pleasing aspect of the season is that we finished it with 9 players who had come through the ranks in the starting XI which is something special for a club our size, unfortunately I will be losing Griffiths and Fraser after this season because as they entered the last year of their contracts they refused to sign new ones. I offered them out for £100k each, a loan back until the end of the season, a friendly and 50% of the money from their next sale and thankfully I got £185k up front and all the other clauses from the sales of the pair which I think is just about the best I could hoped for under the circumstances as it gives me a year to find replacements.

The league has had another rise which was a decent 9 place jump which means the champions now enter in the 2nd qualifying round .

I've managed a 5th upgrade to the youth coaching which takes it to eventually being an exceptional level and as I touched on in my last report is vital for the club, we don't need to be producing world class players every year but I certainly hope we can produce a quality where we can bring 2/3 players in a year that will improve us because as i've seen already we can't keep players for too long while the league is at this standard and whilst I accept that we can't keep them I still see this as our best hope of progressing.

Career Overview

2014/15   3rd        
2015/16   3rd         
2017/18   1st
2018/19   1st        Premier Cup winners 

Going to give this one last spin before I retire FM2014.

I've never got close to completing the challenge, my best effort was getting to the top league in Denmark! This time I will at least try to win the league!

I'm holidaying in Bulgaria .

I've never played here so it sould be fun :)

Brilliant news for us, a good showing in the CL qualifiers got us to the final knockout round and despite the loss we go in to the (tough) Europa group stage.

That has boosted our finances beyond belief and i've wasted no time in getting the facilities for both the first and youth teams upgraded at a total cost of about £600k and as of next season we will be only the 2nd side in the country to go pro. I never expected a boost like this so quickly and to be honest we were lucky with that 3rd CL qualifying draw but it could be a while before we get another chance to move forward like this again so i've taken the gamble on the upgrades knowing that even if we fail to pick up a point from our group we should still get a bit of money through gate receipts in the home games and the tv money to lessen the blow on the upgrades ect and hopefully be able to attract better players next year.

Good luck in Bulgaria Mand312

A very rewarding season as we got in to the Europa group stage for the first time in our history and though at times it was a struggle with the extra games managed to top the table for the 4th season in a row. The juggling meant at one stage I thought TNS would gain the upper hand but after Christmas and a more manageable fixture list we kicked on and regained the title.

The financial rewards from the European run really means we can push forward with the club now pro and facilities able to be upgraded and the ability to scout all over Europe could be invaluable. The league had another reasonable rise which will certainly help us attract slightly better players but there is still a long way to go before this division is even considered reasonable.

Career Overview

2014/15   3rd        
2015/16   3rd         
2017/18   1st
2019/20   1st        Premier Cup winners 

Wow. You are flying through the seasons, Dexter. And making great progress as well. Looks like the domestic front is done and dusted, its all about perseverance in Europe and building a good squad and making money now. Well done.:thup:

Cheers Taunton. I think we are pretty much the best side in Wales in all but rep now, i'd say last season was only close because of the extended run in Europe where lots of rotation went on and then around Christmas we had a lot of injuries which we can't really afford to have. As for flying through the seasons, my subscriptions are minimal (though that is usual) i'm holidaying any time there is a break of more than a week during the season, holidaying from the last game of the season until July which is something i'd not normally do but with limited players available plus me wanting to get as far as possible before FM 15 it certainly is a bit quicker than normal but something I think has to be done as this thread will probably die the minute FM 15 comes out like usual :D

CEFN DRUIDS - 2014/15 PRE-SEASON OVERVIEW

I'm starting the challenge with Cefn Druids, who is playing the Welsh Premier League. Our team is at a very low level compared to other teams in the tournament; maybe that's the reason that we are with 2000-1 in the odds.

Our main goal this year is fighting against relegation, despite all adversities. For this, we have to strengthen the squad.

CEFN DRUIDS - 2014/15 PRE-SEASON OVERVIEW

I'm starting the challenge with Cefn Druids, who is playing the Welsh Premier League. Our team is at a very low level compared to other teams in the tournament; maybe that's the reason that we are with 2000-1 in the odds.

Our main goal this year is fighting against relegation, despite all adversities. For this, we have to strengthen the squad.

Good luck!! Really cool badge as well.

CEFN DRUIDS - 2014/15 MID-SEASON REVIEW

We're doing pretty well in our fight against relegation; half the league is gone and we are in 8th place with a good distance from the last two finishers.

Our thinking is not in spot for the Europa League playoffs, but in the fight against relegation. We are doing very well in away games, ranking third when it is taken into account this criterion. When we play at home, however, we did very badly.

In the domestic cups, we are out pathetically for Airbus UK and Rhos, a team from the lower divisions. Certainly, our best signing was Iain Edmunds, a free agent midfielder who is doing very well in our squad.

New Signings Screens

Mark NAPIERALLA (DC, DM, CM)

Chris MULLOCK (GK)

Nicky HOLLAND (DR, MR)

Andrew SEBURN (MC, DC, DM)

Luke DOUGLAS (DR, DL)

Jack ABRAHAM (MR, MC, ML, AMR, AMC, AML)

Iain EDMUNDS (ML, AML)

Phil JOHN (MR)

2020/21 Season Review

Transfers - Table - Europe - Cups - Welsh Premier Cup Final - Bates - Hughes - Randall - Finances

Youth Intake

Smith - Williams - James

Another season another league and Premier cup double. We were on course to run away with it just like 2 seasons ago until injuries and suspensions hit us around Christmas time and we started to drop a lot of points. O'Donoghue and Jones were brought in to boost the striker roles late in to the season as I have felt every year since I joined the club this has usually been the weakest position and while Jones hasn't settled in as well as O'Donoghue yet I think he'll be much more of a threat next season.

I've taken a big risk with finances for this summer bringing in 3 new players on big wages plus spending nearly £2M on upgrades to the facilities.

Martin Korbelic

Victor Neacsa

Raimondas Urbys

I did have a long think about signing these 3 but the difference in quality in our failed CL games has been minimal in the past 2 seasons losing by the odd goal against CSKA Sofia and Kobenhvn especially so with these 3, the 2 strikers and Sion Smith going straight in to the first team i'm hoping we can at least make it to the final qualifying round in the CL which gives us a Europa spot and would keep the books balanced. Ideally i'd like another striker, goalkeeper and midfielder and there are targets in place if they lower their wage demands once they leave their clubs and hopefully with another 7 place rise in the rankings this will help a little

Career Overview

2014/15   3rd        
2015/16   3rd         
2017/18   1st
2020/21   1st        Premier Cup winners 

@brenosantos good luck in Wales I nearly took Cefn Druids myself as they kept coming up when reloading :D i'm glad somebody else has started late (and a bonus being in the same country :cool:) you're doing well so far, as always the main thing is to stay up and then there'll be at least 2 teams worse off than yourself next season. Holland should be a good signing for you, he was first choice right back for about 3 years for me.

We made it through to the CL group :cool:

First off we went to Basel and won 4-2 there and despite losing the home game 3-1 we went through on away goals. Next up was Dinamo in the final qualifier where we took a slender 1-0 lead at their place. We finished the job off comfortably at home to send us through to the group stage. I didn't expect to get an easy ride in the group stage but Real Madrid, Schalke and Marseille is ridiculous :D

With a tough group like that in mind I wouldn't expect any points if I put out my first team so after seeing how we struggled juggling domestic competitions and the Europa league 2 seasons ago the reserves will play in the CL and cup games and the first team will play in the league. With the signings we've made over the past 6 months the reserve side should be strong enough to do well in the cups at last so I shouldn't have too many worries there.

The finances from making the CL group does at least my gamble on some high earners has paid off and at least we can look forward to some good gate receipts for the home games and the TV money at the end of the season to keep us in good shape.

We made it through to the CL group :cool:

First off we went to Basel and won 4-2 there and despite losing the home game 3-1 we went through on away goals. Next up was Dinamo in the final qualifier where we took a slender 1-0 lead at their place. We finished the job off comfortably at home to send us through to the group stage. I didn't expect to get an easy ride in the group stage but Real Madrid, Schalke and Marseille is ridiculous :D

With a tough group like that in mind I wouldn't expect any points if I put out my first team so after seeing how we struggled juggling domestic competitions and the Europa league 2 seasons ago the reserves will play in the CL and cup games and the first team will play in the league. With the signings we've made over the past 6 months the reserve side should be strong enough to do well in the cups at last so I shouldn't have too many worries there.

The finances from making the CL group does at least my gamble on some high earners has paid off and at least we can look forward to some good gate receipts for the home games and the TV money at the end of the season to keep us in good shape.

Great news! Hoping that you could pull off a shock or two and make even more money from the group stage. Good luck!

Great news! Hoping that you could pull off a shock or two and make even more money from the group stage. Good luck!

No such luck i'm afraid :D

2020/21 Season Review

Transfers - Table - Europe - Group - Cups - O'Donoghue - Korbelic - Squad - Finances

Youth Intake

Hughes - Richards

We held our nerve again to claim our 6th title in a row. TNS pushed us hard for the majority of the season but a 93rd minute winner with 2 games to go at their place sealed the title for us.

In Europe we took some real batterings in the group stage non more so that losing 11-2 in Madrid, though I didn't expect any points from the group I did hope we could at least keep the scores down even with a reserve side put out so this season we will change our way of thinking and play the first team in the group stage. I'm already in to the new season and we won on away goals against Dinamo and beat Sparta Prague 6-2 on aggregate. Again it is a tough group but with the signings of

Dylan Spain (returning to the club)

Roman Kovalik

Dragoljub Radojkovic

Juraj Hlavac

Dragoljub Jovanovic

Drazen Plantic

Scott Gauld

i'm hoping that we will compete a lot better and obviously still have enough in reserve to compete in the league whilst we rotate for the CL games.

The division rose another 11 places this year to 66th and the 2nd placed side goes in to the 2nd round of Europa qualifying.

Career Overview

2014/15   3rd        
2015/16   3rd         
2017/18   1st
2021/22   1st        Premier Cup winners 

Amazingly we finished 3rd in our group :eek: This is because we survived an onslaught against Juventus at home where they had 17 shots on target, had 3 goals disallowed, had 60% of the ball but we managed to score a mishit cross to win 1-0 :D The other 3 points were at Shaktar where we won 4-3, to be fair we deserved that win and should have beat them at home too but luck went against us. We play Celtic in the first Europa knockout which is obviously a tricky tie, but even if we go out there this should really do the divisions rank a big favour.

Finally called it quits on my save last week. This has been the hardest version of the game I have played and I think the first time I've never been promoted to a top flight league.

s4yvsp.png

FC Oborishte - Bulgarian B Division 2014-2015

http://slickpic.us/578338k0jd - Dimitrov

http://slickpic.us/578344Qjzc - Table (Graph)

http://slickpic.us/5783464zTD - Iliev

http://slickpic.us/578348IxZM - Mitov

http://slickpic.us/578350MLxj - Profile

http://slickpic.us/578354ThdN - Squad

http://slickpic.us/578356NMNM - Transfers

A difficult start as I battled to find players to meet the 4 bulgarian u21's in the starting line up. Eventually I found some gems, hidden at amateur level who came in and did an excellent job. Mitov in particular was the pick of the bunch. The team that won the league were incredible. I couldn't beat them! In the end I came second and was PROMOTED!

Iliev is going to be a star. Hopefully I can keep hold of him.

Cant see me staying up at all, but I'll give it a go!

2022/23 Season Review

Transfers - Table - Europe - Cups - Welsh Cup Final - Premier Cup Final - Jones - Kovalik - Finances

Youth Intake

Hurlin

An incredible season as we managed to do our first domestic treble and go beyond all expectations in Europe. The big improvement in quality brought in over the summer certainly paid off in all the competitions we entered and we were unlucky not to have come away from Marseille with a draw when we did eventually get knocked out. That run seen us take another big jump in the rankings but it's a shame the other Welsh sides can't get through a couple of rounds themselves otherwise I think we would be leaning towards the top 40 by now.

I still feel we were a bit lucky to get out of the CL group so all i'm for this season is to make the group again, anything else is a bonus. We are finally allowed to scout the world but obviously in the UK it's hard to get a work permit for players so I doubt at the moment it will do us much favours.

Career Overview

2014/15   3rd        
2015/16   3rd         
2017/18   1st
2021/22   1st        Premier Cup winners
2022/23   1st        Welsh Cup winners, Premier Cup winners

Hi Guys, I'm planning on joining this thread for FM15.

I'm split between Holland and Hungary at the moment. I'm worried that Holland might not quite be in the spirit of the challenge but Hungary might be far too hard when it comes to the CL! Indecisive I know.

I was going to do Dafuge's but I've spent most of the last part of FM14 with Solihull and I want a break from the English leagues.

Hungary is your average difficulty in terms of this challenge I think, the only reason I haven't managed there for some time is the number of games per season. Unless its changed there are a lot of annoying cup competitions but the chance to recreate the great magyar teams of the 50's is always good :D