Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have spent the last few hours amazed at my sacking. I have just about resisted the temptation to throw my laptop out of the window.

I don't know what to do now. Every time I seem to load up the game this challenge seems to draw me in, but that 5 years in Belarus has really taken it out of me. I tried to change my tactics and team and it didn't work, nothing I did bloody worked. Arggggghhhhhhhhhh

The game this year makes it very difficult to survive the first season in a division after being promoted. If you liked Belarus so much why don't you take on another team at the end of the season? That's a possibility of the challenge that nobody ever does.

elACULc.png

Korsvoll - season 2015

League - in theory a 3rd place would be good - and it is - but with the players that came in the fact is we only won half of our matches, and that didn't meet my expectations.

Cup - rotating some players was a bad idea.

Squad (Transfers) - we have a strong starting XI and the bench has some quality too, but we still have room in the wage budget to bring in better players.

Finances - the board took a €300k loan to add more seats to our gigantic stadium - it can now hold 256 rabid fans - and that's why we are still in the green.

Key Player Profiles:

Shariar Ghaderifar - in a season where nobody really stood out, he had a nice goal tally.

Fredrik Dahm - he played half a season as an AMC to cover for injuries and during that time he assisted more than he scored, but was always consistent.

Mattis Nerheim - in terms of rating he's the weakest player in our starting XI but on the pitch he was one of the best.

Career Overview

Season    Division        Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------
2014      2. Divisjon     4th
2015      2. Divisjon     3rd

Next Season

Promotion is not very far, in this league anyone can beat anyone so we need to keep improving the squad to be above all the competition.

9783.png

Last go this time across to help the Swiss

Me

General

Facilities

Bruhl– 2014/15 - Challenge League

Graph

Table

Really good season.

We never really looked like going down at all. We stayed above the bottom place all year and that was good enough for me .

I was certain that it would be a bit tougher than it was but we did really well.

Cups - One good win and a disappointing loss

Transfers - Just new faces in to add depth to the squad. I was happy with them all

Finances - Nightmare

Season Stars:

Jean Michael Tchouga - Great striker was the main reason why we were safe, so soon.

Prospect

Ernst Chevrier - Decent enough right winger who could become a top player for us.

Career Overview

Season      Club            League        Points    Position     Cup        Europe   Avg Att      Notes    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Bruhl      Challenge League   41          9th       Rnd 2        N/A     1237       Survival

Next Season

I would like to have another season of survival if possible and another round in the cup. Just another year of building

Ashton321, Thats really tough about Belarus, hope you have more luck in Switzerland

Cheers pal so do I. I am nearly finished with season 2 and things are going ok. My main issue though is the finance and the wage budgets. In the Swiss leagues it seems tough as there are teams so much bigger than we are in the league.

Cheers pal so do I. I am nearly finished with season 2 and things are going ok. My main issue though is the finance and the wage budgets. In the Swiss leagues it seems tough as there are teams so much bigger than we are in the league.

I know the feeling, its why in N Ireland i'm struggling to overtake Linfield. They are professional (the only one) and average 5500 per game. They have below average training and youth facilities and extensive youth recruitment. Valued at £4.4 million. This is why they have won the league 13 out of 15 seasons

By comparision Killyleagh average 177 per game and are semi-pro. They have basic training and poor youth along with limited youth recruitment, valued at £325K.

9783.png

Bruhl– 2015/16 - Challenge League

Graph

Table

Another season where we did really well.

Once again we were never in any real danger of the drop, although it must be said a lot of that is down to the bottom team being so poor, they had one of the worst seasons I have ever seen.

In some games we played amazingly then in others we were awful. Consistency is something we need to improve.

Cups - Same as last year this time we went out to a very good team, which is no shame.

Transfers - Just new faces in to add depth to the squad. I was happy with them all

Finances - We have had an internal takeover and that has helped the finance, but I know have a fairly big loan to pay off.

Season Stars:

Evan Melo - A good little winger who had a superb season this year. I would like to see more of the same from him going forward, although it must be said some big clubs are after him so he soon may go. .

Prospect

Nothing came through which was very disappointing

Career Overview

Season      Club            League        Points    Position     Cup        Europe   Avg Att      Notes    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Bruhl      Challenge League   41          9th       Rnd 2        N/A     1237       Survival
2015/16     Bruhl      Challenge League   44          8th       Rnd 2        N/A     1326

Next Season

I am now safe and a fully established Challenge League team. I think next for me will be to push on and get into the top 6.

9783.png

Bruhl– 2016/17 - Challenge League

Graph

Table

Errrrrrrr what.

We hit the tracks running this year. We then never looked back and just seemed to win and win and win. I was amazed at the year we had as I was expecting nothing more than consolidation.

We were the best team this year by a fairly long way and deserved the promotion.

Cups - Awful

Transfers - A few faces left the club none of real note though. This year I decided to go for some loan players which seemed to work well

Finances - These are still bloody awful I am hopeful the TV money from a higher league will help this a lot

Season Stars:

Nico Tschudi - A great little striker who came to us on loan this year and could not stop scoring. I would say that I would like him back next year but I am not to certain I will be able to get after how well he has done here.

Prospect

Buggar all as usual.

Career Overview

2015/16     Bruhl      Challenge League   44          8th       Rnd 2        N/A     1326
2016/17     Bruhl      Challenge League   68          1st       Rnd 1        N/A     1350       Promotion

Next Season

Just want to stay up nothing more, nothing less.

elACULc.png

Korsvoll - season 2016

League - this could be the year we win the league, but after a 18-game unbeaten run, a 6-game winless run followed, and our dream was laid to rest.

Cup - an amazing run this season, eliminating two higher division teams and only losing to the current Tippeligaen champions. By reaching this stage we received a final prize of €134k.

Squad (Transfers) - there is at least one good player for each position, but I'm scouting the free agents and there are a number of players I want to add to the squad.

Finances - the cup prize was important for us, but we still have the money from the loan to the stadium expansion. There were elections but the new chairman didn't invest any money.

Key Player Profiles:

Emmanuel Amarh - he started his first season with us with a 4 month injury but returned in time to be our top scorer and 3rd top league scorer.

Ole Kristian Grime - a good season from our most gifted player, being the league top assister.

Thomas Jacobsen - he wouldn't have been signed if Amarh didn't get injured, but he came in and helped us fight for the title.

Career Overview

2016      2. Divisjon     2nd

Next Season

4th, 3rd, 2nd... hopefully next season we'll be 1st? The finances are healthy and the squad is decent, if we can keep consistency and a bit of luck maybe we can do it.

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2019 Review

Finally we won the division and gained promotion! I think it may help us for our first season in the first division because we have 3 or 4 very good youngsters in the first team, who have this season played regularly. Didn't make it beyond the first round of the cup, after a 0-1 home defeat to first division Asker.

Kjetill Hansen

Best season yet for the ever present youngster and one which was filled with goals, finished joint top scorer with 11. I do fear promotion not happening sooner has harmed his expected development, mainly due to the poor training facilities, coaches ect.

Kenneth Småge

Fantastic first year in the team as he managed to finish up joint top scorer with 11 league goals. Rejected a 200k offer from a couple of Tippeligaen outfits too.

Next season; Survive! After taking so long to get out of the second division definitely don't want too drop back down.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]
[color=#000000]2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug
[/i][/color][color=#000000]2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland
[/i][/color][color=#000000]2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland
[/i][/color][color=#000000]2019   Second Division (3) 1st      1st rd.        Promotion!          N/A       (11)[/color][color=#000000]Kenneth Småge/[/color][color=#000000]Kjetill Hansen[/color]

9783.png

Bruhl– 2017/18 - Super League

Graph

Table

Well record breaking season done.

Ok we broke one record for the most goals conceded in one year, that was our main issue, we just did not seem to be able to stop teams from scoring which is not great. We were in a very tough battle with Lausanne for survival all year and I can honestly say it was our 2 wins and a draw against them which kept us up.

There was no real other notable results as we tended to get spanked every other week, apart from the odd win and a draw. For a season which we were so bad, I must say I have never enjoyed one so much.

I did more work off the field with the improvements to the facilities and the stadium. I also sorted out my back room staff with numerous signings including one David Dunn as my coach. I am hoping the amount of coaching I can put into the youngsters will pay off and they will improve quickly. I really feel that this is now my club, I am hoping that it will last for a long time.

Cups – We had somewhat of a cup run, reaching the quarter finals before loosing out to [b}Winterthur[/b] who currently reside in the league below, they were taken over by a tycoon 18 months ago so are buying lots of players.

Transfers - A lot of faces left this year (some of the more established names refused to sign contracts and left a couple of weeks after the screenie. I have taken an all new approach and try to focus on getting good young players in through the door. This is for two reasons, firstly they don’t ask for stupid wages so I can attempt to keep under budget and secondly if one does well I may just get a stupid bid for them.

Finances - These were a bit up and down this year but we have twice improved our Youth Facilities and have now expanded the ground.

Season Stars:

Hrvoje Bukovski – Somewhat surprisingly my player of the year is the keeper in a year where we have conceded more goals than anyone else previously. He was superb though, I can honestly say without him things would have been much worse, I believe that but for him we would have gone down. A few bigger clubs have been sniffing around but I have placed a new contract on him now to deter them but I am not sure how long it will last for.

Gregory Kareln - A striker who I have yet to have been completely sold on. He joined us a couple of years ago and has not set the world on fire. He returned this year with a decent performance and certainly can be noted as one of my better performers. He seems to be a player that needs an arm round his shoulder as he does complain an awful lot. I am not sure how much of a chance he will get next year with the new additions lined up.

Evan Melo – A bit of a favourite of mine, the nippy little winger who can play up top did very well for us this year and seemed to show that he can play at this level. I really wanted to keep him in the off season but unfortunately he will not sign a new deal and subsequently has left the club. A shame as he is a real favourite of mine.

Career Overview

2016/17     Bruhl      Challenge League   68          1st       Rnd 1        N/A     1350       Promotion
2017/18     Bruhl      Super League       22          9th       1/4 Final    N/A     3649       Survival                

Next Season

I would like to stay up again next year but I would like it to be a little more comfortable than it was here. The major thing I need to improve though is my Defence it was in now way good enough this year. We set records for how poor we were and I will need that to change.

Good job ashton, congrats on promotion. Good Luck with survival.

Cheers pal, as you have no doubt seen from latest update it was not easy but just about managed it.

Going into my 2nd season in the Super League I made a few changes and was hopeful of being a little bit more secure. I drew 1-1 with Young Boys which gave me some hope. I have then lost the next 4 games not quiet as heavily as I was loosing them last year but loosing none the less.

I can see another long hard season ahead for me.

Killyleagh 2025/26

Table | Squad | Transfers

Another season treading water in the league where the team started badly, picked up from sep to nov and then lost a few and won a few until the end of the season. The cups were much improved this year as the team reached the finals of the league, Irish and all-Ireland cups and losing them all quite heavily!

In europe the team played Jogodina, in the 1st leg away the team dominated but lost 4-2 as they had 4 shots on goal. In the home leg the team again dominated after going 1-0 behind to lead 2-1 but could not find the winning goal.

The finances improved by 150K as a result of reaching the all-ireland final and that Kilmarnock pinched a few of my youth players.

The training facilities were upgraded and several takeovers failed.

Teggart had a great season especially in the league which made the league struggles more anoying. I let Matthews (80 apps, 31 goals) go as i have a number of decent young strikers although he seemed to excel in cup games.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    None

elACULc.png

Korsvoll - season 2017

League - we took that extra step and were always one step ahead of everyone else. It seems 16 is the magical number as in the 3 previous seasons the winner had 16 wins, so we carried on the trend.

Cup - another good run this season. The draw was kind, facing non-league teams until Aalesund. €133k to add to the bank again.

Squad (Transfers) - the overall quality was good so this season I tried not to make big changes in order to get fluidity levels high as quickly as possible to have a good start.

Finances - throughout this four seasons the finances have always been stable, in part due to the cup money. We have a manageable wage budget and the stadium is being expanded again.

Key Player Profiles:

Thomas Jacobsen - he was our second best scorer (3rd best in the league) and top assister (2nd best in the league).

Emmanuel Amarh - he was our top scorer (2nd best in the league) and also bagged in some assists (3rd best in the league).

Ole Kristian Grime - our creative outlet had a solid season, with not so many assists as I was expecting but still very consistent.

Career Overview

2017      2. Divisjon     1st          Promotion

Next Season

Unlike other countries, here in Norway there is no panic in being in the lower leagues for a long time as the finances are sustainable. With that said, we reach the second tier with stability at all levels, having to improve the squad and especially the stadium - with the next expansion we'll still hold less than 500. We need to be strong next season because the last 4 are relegated, so the aim is to be better than at least 4 clubs.

9783.png

Bruhl– 2018/19 - Super League

Graph

Table

Being totally honest, we never really looked like going down this year. We maintained a decent enough of a gap between the two teams below us throughout.

I was desperate to stay up this year as each year we stay up the finances improve and this will ultimately allow me to improve the squad and progress.

Something must be going right as for the first time I have been offered a new 2 year deal which of course I have signed.

Cups – Bit of a let down really as went out in a poor showing to a non league side. This was never a priority for me.

Transfers - This year was a real passing of the guard as numerous players left who had previously been first team players. These have been replaced with players who I feel of a much better quality.

Finances - Improving all the time with new expansions to the ground this will only continue. It would have been even better but another expansion has just been put in.

Season Stars:

Hrvoje Bukovski – Another superb from excellent keeper. I know with him in goals I stand a very good chance of staying in this league. He has now become a favourite at the club and holds the club appearance record.

Manuel Kubli - Excellent first season for my new striker. Came on a free from Whoen, and has done nothing but impress. His partnership towards the end of the year with my other striker Junior was exciting.

Abdou Diallo – Found last year during my scouts African search. He has done superb this year where he pulls the strings in the middle of the park. An excellent signing and excellent player for us.

Career Overview

2017/18     Bruhl      Super League       22          9th       1/4 Final    N/A     3649       Survival
2018/19     Bruhl      Super League       30          8th       Rnd 2        N/A     3991           

Next Season

Next year I am to have a few more players come into the squad who should be able to help us move up the league a little bit. I would like to hit 40 points and stop conceding as many. Just really another year of improving is all I am after.

Well done to all those recent promotions good luck staying up it is not easy.

Thebaker - Sorry to say mate, but really enjoying your struggles to get to the top of N Ireland. Keep going you will crack it.

I'm a good way into the season, tried to change some things at the start by using CFB rather than FB on support. Lost 3 out of 4 league games, went out of 2 cups and thrashed in europe so changed back. Only dropped another 8 points in the next 26 games but with 7 to go the team is 7 points from top but have already qualified for europe.

Ashton321 - good season, hopefully diallo will improve, looks like a good find.

Ashton321 - good season, hopefully diallo will improve, looks like a good find.

He was a great player for me, but he had 18 months left on his deal and was unhappy. I got an offer of just shy of £1mil plus add ons and 25% sell on. I have taken it so he is now off

9783.png

Bruhl– 2018/19 - Super League

Graph

Table

Season was awful, we didn't ever seem to be able to pick up any points.

I really hated this year, with a little change of tactics we managed to secure up our back line but our strikers seemed to forget how to score which was frustrating.

We did enough to stay up as usual, but I really need to kick on next year.

Cups – This must of been another team playing in the cup as we seemed to smash all before us apart from a tricky little side who took us to pens. The games against Basel and Sion were superb. I am honestly amazed at how this happened.

Transfers - Again a lot of change this year as some more of the old guard left and some new faces with potential came into the squad which was superb.

Finances - Not too worried about these with the new money coming in next year.

Intake- Decent intake for us this year with four players being signed up.

Season Stars:

Jacques Dias – A decent left winger who came in a couple of years ago. Done really well since he came here and I am hoping he will only get better over time.

Juan Pablo Jorajuria - After my star centre midfield player leaving I signed this lad as a replacement and he has certainly not done bad. He is superb, I am hoping that next year he may take an even more impressive role.

Junior – My big time striker. I am hoping he will score the goals for us for the foreseeable future. I am really happy with this lad.

Career Overview

Season      Club            League        Points    Position     Cup        Europe     Avg Att      Notes    
2014/15     Bruhl      Challenge League   41          9th       Rnd 2        N/A       1237       Survival
2015/16     Bruhl      Challenge League   44          8th       Rnd 2        N/A       1326
2016/17     Bruhl      Challenge League   68          1st       Rnd 1        N/A       1350       Promotion
2017/18     Bruhl      Super League       22          9th       1/4 Final    N/A       3649       Survival
2018/19     Bruhl      Super League       30          8th       Rnd 2        N/A       3991           
2019/20     Bruhl      Super League       26          9th       Winner       N/A       5041       Cup Winners

Next Season

Couple of my favourite players, (keeper and striker) have been snapped up Basel for a massive £4million and with Europe next year I am expecting next year to be the year I really kick on through this league as this year was not good enough at all.

I am gutted for my keeper to leave who has turned into a club legend. He is the record appearance holder and absolute legend. I will keep an eye on him and bring him back in some non playing role in the future.

Impressive cup win ashton321. It seems than sometimes the players perform worse in league games when they have important cup games next, but that might just be me explaining some of my poor performances... Good luck next season :thup:

9783.png

Bruhl– 2020/21 - Super League

Graph

Table

Dont want to talk about this season massive steps back were taken.

Career Overview

Season      Club            League        Points    Position     Cup        Europe       Avg Att      Notes    
2014/15     Bruhl      Challenge League   41          9th       Rnd 2        N/A         1237       Survival
2015/16     Bruhl      Challenge League   44          8th       Rnd 2        N/A         1326
2016/17     Bruhl      Challenge League   68          1st       Rnd 1        N/A         1350       Promotion
2017/18     Bruhl      Super League       22          9th       1/4 Final    N/A         3649       Survival
2018/19     Bruhl      Super League       30          8th       Rnd 2        N/A         3991           
2019/20     Bruhl      Super League       26          9th       Winner       N/A         5041       Cup Winners
2020/21     Bruhl      Super League       17          9th       Rnd 3        EL Playoff  5268 

Killyleagh 2026/27

Squad | Table |Transfers

Made a bad start this season as i changed my FB's on support to CWB to be more attacking. It didn't work out as the team went out of 2 cup and europe and lost 3 of the first 4 games, so i changed back and won 11 straight games. I was always chasing Linfield but got to only 4 points away with 8 games to go. I lost the 31st and the 36th game to conceed the title. I also lost the last 2 to make the gap look bigger as Linfield posted a record points total.

In the cups the team were not so good getting hammered by league 2 team 4-0 in the irish cup and going out on away goals in the quarter-final of the all-ireland cup.

Zagreb won 5-1 on agg in europe.

There was a board takeover but nothing actually changed.

On the squad front there were no real changes, only O'Connor (95 apps) left with uprichard coming in as my first purchase although he was a bit disappointing.

Teggart was again the best player as although he scored less goals he was the leading assist maker in the league.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None

Looking at the wealth of clubs in N Ireland, a league 2 club was the richest. A tycoon takeover 2 seasons ago, they turned pro at the start of that season and then got relegated :lol:

They are now back in league 2 but in oct are only 9th, they should be dominating.

elACULc.png

Korsvoll - season 2018

League - a quiet season, we were able to open a gap to the bottom teams relatively early in the season, and our season was basically resumed to aim above 13th and try to reach the playoff spots, but we were only there for a game or two.

Cup - we fell in the fourth round once again, but this time in addition to the €141k prize we also received Rosenborg's €127k gate receipts so it was a good overall participation.

Squad (Transfers) - in this division the calendar is a bit more tight especially if we have a good cup run, so we might need to add two or three players to our squad to have more depth.

Finances - an excellent profit this season, I have requested an improvement to the training facilities which is in progress.

Key Player Profiles:

Emmanuel Amarh - joint top scorer and top assister, a good season overall but I want to see more goals next season.

Ole Kristian Grime - his numbers aren't very impressive but he is always one of the best in the pitch and his average rating proves that.

Thomas Jacobsen - irregular performances but a good display overall.

Career Overview

2017      2. Divisjon     1st          Promotion
2018      Adeccoligaen    10th

Next Season

The aim is to do better than this season. We weren't particularly impressive and I believe that a second year at this level plus some signings will allow us to fight for the 6th place.

The council blocked a stadium expansion for a second time, so until we have enough money to build a new stadium I think we'll be stuck in this little arena.

Gundo - Congrats on the promotion :thup:

ashton321 - Shame things didn't work out for you but I do think the chairmen was impatient.Any plans for the future?

Thebaker - Excellent progress made so far,only a matter of time before you win the title.

KingJericho - Did very well in your 1st season in a new division,hopefully you can find the right players to send you in the right direction.

Archived