Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

gjls.gif

I decided to have it a go, since I think this challenge is awesome and this is my first time to take part on this challenge.

I choose Norway as the only nation loaded, holidayed for a year then here it is

I Choose FK Ørn-Horten simply because the logo :D it's pretty cool and they have Basic Corporate Facilities, Below Average training Facilities, and Basic Youth facilites which is pretty good.

Here is my manager profile looks like

Here is FK Ørn-Horten's background

I'm sure i can make them even better, however, this the season expectations, considering the same Transfer budgets between Avoid Relegation and Top Half Finish i chose Avoid Relegations with obvious.

And seriously, just after I joined them, this messages popped up

Hope i can retain my job if the new owner took over.

This is the squad looks like

sm5b.jpg

I've been given a very very inexperienced squad, i'm expected to guide this team to safety with 1 (ONE) player above 25 years old. Okay, this transfer window would be busy for me, chasing for experience player on free or not needed anymore. The first league match kicks in 12 April so there's 3 months to shape this team as i wanted.

I will update this once i reached 5 games on the league

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck tinkerer, what nationality is Andre Trandum Nordlie?

cheers buddy

He is from Northern Mariana Island, founded in 2005 and have only 44k population :D

too bad for Nordlie things doesn't work, i decided to terminate his contract.

130px-Veszpr%C3%A9m_FC.png

Veszprém FC 2022-23 Season Review

The League

As the league challenge has been completed I'm thinking of swapping League and Cups around for the next update, but we'll carry on like this for now. Last year my problem was that with a Europa League push as well as everything else cracking off around me, that I didn't have fit enough players to manage everything. With a slightly bigger squad this year we managed to cope far better in the Autumn. We won 9 out of the first 10 games and strolled into a 6 point lead at the mid-season break. After the midseason break we got caught at a difficult time but Videoton and Ferencvaros who both managed to take points off us, and with everything else going on at one stage we were 10 points off top spot with four games in hand. Yowsers. With fixture back up we had to play four games in the last week of the season, but Újpest beating Videoton on the penultimate week meant that we only needed to win two of those games to secure the title. We beat Papa, drew against Gyor and then beat Puskas Academia by a single goal to secure the title, drawing against Haladas with a reserve side on the last day of the season. Another record breaking points haul (just!!), but next year will presumably be a little tougher, as Videoton tend to do better when they don't have European distractions.

Final Table

The Cups

This season was fairly special as the Europa League goes. We started by playing against Valur in the second qualifying round - a team I have history of managing in a previous challenge. I smashed them 6-0 in the home leg and then a reserve side beat them 1-0 in Iceland. The draw was not kind for the next round as we drew Portuguese side Guimaraes, but then we dominated them at their place beating them 2-0, and despite a fight back at our place they could only manage a 2-2 draw and we'd secured a place in the playoff. Luckily in the draw we managed to avoid the likes of AS Monaco and drew Valerenga, who we beat easily 8-0 on aggregate.

Into the group stage we drew Besiktas, Sporting Lisbon and Stade Reims, a blooming difficult draw, but then we were bottom seeds. The first game we got our arse handed to us as we fell to a 4-0 home defeat to Besiktas. However away to Stade Reims, we blew them away and beat them 4-0! We went behind early on against Sporting, but then fought back to complete an amazing and historic 3-1 victory. Suddenly things were looking up, and despite losing the next game to sporting, Besiktas contrived to lose to Reims and we were in the driving seat - a draw away to Besiktas set it up so that the 2-0 win at home against Reims was enough to take us through.

We drew Napoli in the knockout stage, which again was exciting as my tactics are inspired by an old Napoli side. We were struggling for match fitness in the first tie, despite really trying to hammer them for the bit we get to train after the midseason break. However we managed a very creditable 1-1 draw at home, and probably deserved to win, but their class paid off. The second leg was INCREDIBLE. They took the lead early on and we just about held out until half time. Early in the second half Vasiljev, my Russian left winger gets put through on goal and equalises, but with 20 mins to go they retake the lead.... but now we have just a goal to get and our teenage centre forward Bratic grabs it with 15 mins to go. Napoli pound us looking for an equaliser, but in injury time we hit them on the break twice to secure a 4-2 win and Spartak Moscow in the next round.

Away to Spartak and they dominate us in the first half taking us in 2-0 down. Early in the second half though Sandor Kovács (who incidentally, was at the club when I got there 9 years ago) grabs an equaliser and it looks to be that we're taking a 2-1 defeat nicely, when they score another in injury time. There is a mountain to climb, but flipping eck we manage it - Dreskovic scores a penalty and Safar heads one in from a corner and we lead 2-0 at half time in the home leg. A backs to the wall performance in the second half sees us through to the quarters.

In the quarter finals we draw Inter Milan and on the eve of the game our goalkeeper and captain Tarasov announces he's injured for both ties. Ouch. In the home leg we miraculously take the lead, but immediately they hit back and took a 2-1 victory back to the San Siro. What happens next defies belief, I will leave you with the screenshot. Our substitute keeper played out of his skin.

Celtic in the next round. Bad memories repeated. We lost 3-0 at their place, and they scored an away goal early on at our place. The dream was over, they went onto win it.

We won the Magyar Cup, and played very will in the Ligakupa but got screwed over by games on back to back days and almost a whole squad being away on international duty. The fixture congestion was horrendous.

Cup Matches Pt. 1

Cup Matches Pt. 2

The Future

It has to be the Champions League group stage next.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2016-17 OTP Bank Liga - 9th

2017-18 OTP Bank Liga - 5th, Magyar Kupa Finalists

2018-19 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2019-20 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2020-21 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners

2021-22 OTP Bank Liga - 2nd

2022-23 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners, Europa League Semi-Finalists

Sebs - well done on winning the league and on the europa league progress. I know from experience how tough it can be to overtake Videotron and Debrecen. How are the other teams doing in europe since you said they have no euro football?

Kroblues - looks like you have nearly finished the challenge, just a bit of luck or that one great player away.

Killyleagh 2023/24

Table | Squad |Transfers

Spent most of the season in 3rd without being near to the top 2, defensively the team was very strong, but they simply didn't score enough although it was the best points total for the team.

The team underperformed in the cups again. In europe the opposition was a team from Bulgaria so i had high hopes of progress. A 4-0 loss away was so one sided i was lucky it wasn't more, the home leg was more even as the team came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. For the first time in 3 years the other teams in N Ireland won through a round which was good as the nation was in danger of losing a euro spot.

Finances are steady with the continued euro competition, 85K a year for losing!

Continued trying to trim the squad and improve it. Bell (88 apps, 9 goals) left to get more football and Spence (214 apps, 9 goals), Hill (51 apps, 8 goals) and Dougherty (157 apps, 40 goals) were all let go.

No-one in the squad really stood out but Teggart was probably the pick of the players

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None

Sebs - well done on winning the league and on the europa league progress. I know from experience how tough it can be to overtake Videotron and Debrecen. How are the other teams doing in europe since you said they have no euro football?

I didn't really mean no European football, but they didn't make the group stages the year before last whereas I did and this meant they challenged harder. Videoton have still made the Europa league, so if they make it through to the group stages they may be affected, but last year they made the Champions League group stages which was good.

In fact, Debrecen also made the Europa league Groups, so with all that progress, plus Veszprem making the semis, Hungary's ranking went crazy and we've been given two Champions League spots for next season, plus three Europa League places, which is a huge increase. Of course, the best placed playoff is not really something I want to go into, but it's good news.

The Europa League progress was astonishing, unexpected and a reason I love football manager. Beating Napoli was beyond my wildest dreams, but winning 4-2 at the San Siro with players who have been playing for me since I was in NBII was beyond belief.

I played in Hungary a few years ago and found that the other teams rarely won through more than one round which was frustrating when they had good players and could have improved the reputation of the league which in turn could have meant a higher possible youth recruitment level.

This was a few fm's ago so that system may have changed of youth recruitment levels being linked to rep of the club and nation

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2017 Review

Really disappointed with the way things played out, I think finishing so high last season hurt us this term because we just couldn't break some teams down. Got knocked out in the second round of the cup to top flight outfight Sandfjord. Another solid campaign for Dalehaug with scattered appearances, he will retire now I think and hopefully sign up to the backroom staff. Top scorer fell to impressive new signing Stian Sleveland with 15 league goals. Only other thing of note; survived a board takeover by a local businessman, who instantly decided to take out a 200k loan to clear debts.

Kjetill Hansen

Played all but one game and is still progressing nicely, need him to step up next year.

Next season; Win the league! No change from last terms expectations really, we have to escape this league soon.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]
[color=#000000]2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug
[/i][/color][color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland[/i][/color]

I thought Taunton was playing as a playable team but its ok I was wrong.

I did also think Orn Horton in Norway were playable.

Anyhow, I have just picked a team and I will be joining this challenge.

You can pick season start dates in Norway (2013 & 2014) and after the transfer update, it updates the relegations and promotions when you start a new game in the 2014.:)

wlyqs9.jpg

2014-15

A strong finish to the season saw us escape relegation in 16th place.

This is another of those leagues with some strange league rules. You can finish fourth from bottom and get relegated while the teams below you are safe! or you can finish in 12th and make the promotion playoffs while teams above you don't! Anyway, we scraped through despite this.

I more or less kept the squad I inherited, with an average bunch of players. None of them set any records and there weren't any offers from other clubs for any of them.

One player stuck out, but only because of his age - 49 years old and showing no sign of retiring anytime soon. He isn't a regular but I will keep him just to see how long he lasts.

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Season update 2023/2024

League Final Standings

Another unbeaten season and another easy win. What was very encouraging was that despite putting in a lot of youth players at the end of the season, we still maintained our unbeaten run.

In the cup, we didn’t get a single “easy” draw in any round, always playing against either Bundesliga or Erste Liga teams.

Here were our results:

Round 1: FAC 4-1 LASK Linz – Serna, Goncalves, Hodzic, Marcao

Round 2: Liefering 0-2 FAC – Serna x2

Round 3: FAC 3-1 Austria Lustenau – Serna, Hodzic, Jertec

¼ Final: FAC 3-1 Wacker Innsbruck – Bader, Marcao, Gmeiner

½ Final: Mattersburg 1-4 FAC – Marcao x2, Hodzic, van der Meer

The final, our third in a row, was against Kapfenberg. And this time the defence showed the strikers how it is done, as a brace from del Real and another from Djordjevic secured a 3-1 win and kept us unbeaten against Austrian opposition.

The Champions League group phase was nice and easy this time, no stress. We were qualified with 2 games to go thanks to Dinamo and Marseille’s weakness. What was shown by our results against Bayern, however, is how far off we are from the big teams, as our win was a bit of a smash and grab. Our results were:

FAC 4-1 Marseille – Serna x3, Antonio

Bayern 5-0 FAC

FAC 5-0 Dinamo – del Real, Martinovic x2, Marcao, Serna

Dinamo 2-6 FAC – Hodzic x2, Martinovic x2, Goncalves, Marcao

Marseille 1-3 FAC – Fuentes, Hodzic, Marcao

FAC 2-1 Bayern – Djordjevic, Jertec

Into the Knockouts again then, where we faced our nemesis PSG in the first round. A 1-1 draw at home gave us a chance, just like in the Bayern match last year at this stage. We went to the Parc des Princes then with some hope.

ParisSaint-GermainvFACTeamfuumlrWien_OverviewOverview_zps00ca92f8.png

And somehow pulled off another shock win against one of the big boys!

Sadly it couldn’t continue, and against eventual winners Man City, we came unstuck. A 1-1 draw in Manchester sadly wasn’t enough as they hammered us 4-1 in Vienna. Another encouraging performance in Europe though.

Transfers:

Big moves in: Not many moves, but all big money moves. Juan Manuel Fuentes, a world class potential left back, for €30M, Marcao, a player who I think is already world class at right wing, for €15M and breaking our transfer record on wonderkid Jürgen Dahm from HSV for €34M

Total spent: €79M

Big moves out: Nothing as spectacular on the way out, with Szabo and Stoller, two young players leaving for a combined €11M, and Formiga leaving for €7.25M

Total gained: €21.77M

Net spend: -€58M

The first XI at the end of the season:

GK: Nilo Eduardo (€2.4M from Pumas, 116 appearances, 32 clean sheets)

DR: Antonio (€165k from Fluminense, 181 appearances, 7 goals)

DC: Erik del Real (€8.75M from Monterrey, 122 appearances, 19 goals)

DC: Andrija Djordjevic (€3.5M from Lokomotiv Moscow, 237 appearances, 30 goals)

DL: Juan Manuel Fuentes (€30M from Chivas, 42 appearances, 1 goal)

MC: Ben van der Meer (€9.25M from Getafe, 64 appearances, 9 goals)

MC: Jürgen Dahm (€34M from HSV, 36 appearances, 1 goal)

MC (rotation): Christopher Bayer (€725k from SV Ried, 261 appearances, 33 goals)

AMR: Marcao (€15M from Monterrey, 46 appearances, 25 goals)

AML: Alfredo Serna (€29.5M from Getafe, 71 appearances, 26 goals)

AMR/L (rotation): Pedro Goncalves (free transfer, 404 appearances, 120 goals)

ST: Nikola Martinovic (€900k from Maribor, 226 appearances, 85 goals)

ST: Emir Hodzic (€12.5M from PSV, 48 appearances, 22 goals)

This is a squad that I feel, once fully developed, has a chance at a Champions League win. My next aim is to bring as many youth players through from the academy as possible.

Top scorer: Nikola Martinovic . 27 goals is a fairly good season, nothing spectacular, but the goals were shared around very well this season. Notable mentions: Marcao (25), Hodzic (17), Serna (16), Goncalves (13) and Djordjevic (10).

Best player: Marcao . Absolutely dominant this year by the Italian/Brazilian winger, as he scored 25 goals and got 17 assists. Really a world class player.

Youth prospects:

Felix Flechl: the 18 year old goalkeeper is an able backup to Eduardo, and showed it when the first choice missed 2 months of the season. 20 appearances in all competitions with 7 clean sheets is a promising sign, especially as 3 of the appearances came in the Champions League Knockout rounds.

Josef Bader: Nothing spectacular yet, but with 19 appearances under his belt he’s starting to develop. Played well in a run towards the end of the season where the mostly youth team still maintained our unbeaten run.

Felix Horn: Another able backup at the moment, with 14 appearances to his name.

Marco Gmeiner: The biggest hope from the youth team at the moment, he made 36 appearances (14 starts) and scored 9 goals. Certainly not afraid to put him in in league matches, he’s shown he can handle himself already, with his pace a big attribute.

Finances: Not so good this year, with a lot of large transfer fees going out as I strengthened the squad considerably.

Average attendance: 30421 (of 31750) with 3 sellouts. Past 30000 on the average attendance, we’re not going to do much better than that for a while I don’t think.

Next season: Another good Champions League run would be nice, and maybe take our unbeaten run in the league past 100 games.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup          |  Europe  |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15  | Erste Liga|   5[size=1]th[/size]     | R2           |   N/A     |    Ingo Klemen (10)
2015/16  | Erste Liga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3          |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (25)
2016/17  | Bundesliga |   8[size=1]th[/size]     | R2         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (17)
2017/18  | Bundesliga |   3[size=1]rd[/size]     | SF         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (30)
2018/19  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3         |   EPL      |   Pedro Goncalves (20)
2019/20  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F         |   CG      |   Pedro (30)
2020/21  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK1      |   Pedro (31)
2021/22  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | SF        |   CG      |   Pedro (24)
2022/23  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3        |   CG/EK2      |   Pedro (41)
2023/24  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK2      |   Lukas Höhn (37)
2024/25  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F        |   CSF               |   Nikola Martinovic (22)
2025/26  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CQF               |   Nikola Martinovic (27)

Staal_J%C3%B8rpeland_IL.gif

Me

General

Facilities

Staal Jorpeland – 2014 - Second Division Group 2

Graph

Table

Really good season, although I cannot help but think what could have been.

We started off well enough and looked like being a decent mid table team. We then went on a massive winning streak where we shot up the table and looked like even possibly challenging for a surprising first season promotion.

It was not to be as we went on an almighty loosing streak, which in effect lost us any chance of promotion. We then began fighting for our lives and managed to finish the season well enough with some more decent form.

Our tiny squad really suffered as injuries and suspensions caught up with us part way through the year.

Cups - We had a good run but we were very lucky with the way the draw fell. We went out in the round of 16 to a top flight team, in no way did we disgrace ourselves

Transfers - We needed to bring in numerous faces in order for us to actually put a squad together. I am unsure if any of these players will be with us for too long but they will work for now.

Finances - Not bad helped out hugely by the cup run.

Season Stars:

Sigve Kieppa Christinsean - Basically he did all my good work this year. Anything good went through this lad in the middle of the park. He was a great player to break up the play and then fantastic at going forward. Really a great leader, he is superb and I will hope for more of the same next season, the only slight criticism is that he did not score enough goals for me.

Diego Barria - A striker, who I do not think is that great, he has proven me wrong this season. He has been one of my best performers and scored the goals that have kept me in this league. I am unsure as to if he will do it again next year but certainly his last season needs to be celebrated.

Johnny Kristiansen - Decent enough keeper, certainly solid enough at this level. Came in with me at the start of the year and took the first team place straight away, he has not given it up since. This is a position that I am content with for know, as he is a solid keeper.

Career Overview

Season      Club                League               Position     Cup        Europe              Notes    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   Staal Jorpeland       Second Division Group 2   7th        Rnd 4       N/A              Survival

Next Season

Not much to hope for next season other than the same as this season. I will hope to survive and have another little cup run. I will take any improvement in the league at all. I honestly do not believe we are too far away at all.

Gundo - I have literally just realised that I am the same team as you, sorry pal.
No problem. You will probably progress to the higher reaches way before me! Found it a real struggle this year. :(

Staal_J%C3%B8rpeland_IL.gif

Staal Jorpeland – 2015 - Second Division Group 3

Graph

Table

For some reason I got shifted across into another Group, it looked a much tougher group as well which I was not best pleased about. Presumably it is done geographically but I am unsure.

I began the season very well with a decent run of results, this propelled me up in the league and at one stage I was looking again like I could challenge for a promotion.

It was not to be as once again I was let down by an awful run of form, this time at the end of the season. Consistency really seems to be a huge issue for me here. In the end I finished one place, and one point worse off than last year.

Cups - Came across, a top division league team in the first round and lost in a close match.

Transfers - Only the one new face came in a decent enough striker. I got rid of a few fringe players but I was hoping to bring more than the one face in.

Finances - Not great, will need a much better run in the cup next year.

Season Stars:

Christian Heimark - I brought him into the squad last year, he looks like he could be a massive player for us. I am hoping that next year when he gets more time here he will be much better. I will expect more goals from him next year.

Diego Barria - I was unsure, if he would have a good season again but he really did do. Another season of leading the line and out performing other better players. He has now become the first name on the sheet and I will really expect much of the same next year.

Ali Kilinic - This lad took over from Svege last year who everything good went through, this year everything went through Ali. He was amazing but much like the lad last he did not score enough goals, which I will hope to change next year.

Career Overview

Season      Club                League               Position     Cup        Europe              Notes    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   Staal Jorpeland       Second Division Group 2   7th        Rnd 4       N/A              Survival
2015   Staal Jorpeland       Second Division Group 3   8th        Rnd 1       N/A              

Next Season

Really want to kick on further next year, I will be aiming for top 5 at the very least. I will also need to do a bit of squad rebuilding as a lot of my players will be leaving in the off season.

Introducing

Wilhelm Boom as manager of ....

katwijk_zps8c522447.jpg

My first thoughts is that we have a fairly decent (but ageing team) but they are on amateur contracts which needs to be sorted out,we are predicted 20th out of 20 which means nothing to me as I enjoy a challenge!

ashton321 - Thanks mate,shame to see things didn't work out at Staal!

katwijk_zps8c522447.jpg

Jupiler League - End of Season Update - 2014/15

2014/15 Transfers

Eighteen players came in,sixteen left the club as we made a complete overhaul to the team as we strengthened considerably as we looked to be at least in mid-table and not fighting against relegation.

Competitions

Jupiler League

League Table

We completed an amazing season as we topped the league despite numerous games where it was too close to call.We were the third team to qualify for the playoffs so we were definitely overachieving throughout the season as we were predicted to finish 20th and we were never really close to that position.We had excellent wins over VVV who were the favourites as we beat them 6-1 and 4-0 which was surprising.Our defence was very leaky so it will need a lot of work in the Eredivisie as it will be too frightening to watch at times.We had a good attack and with having two very young strikers who will lead the line for along time so I am not too bothered by the attack.It was quite nervy at times during the season but we managed to get out of a slump at the right time,I hope I won't ever have to see this division again!

Dutch Cup

2nd Round

The less said,the better!

Top Players

1.Mustafa Inan

2.Sicco Bouwer

3.Soufiane Aouragh

Youth Prospects 2015

Rene Schreuder

Aims For Next Season

1.Strengthen the squad

2.Upgrade facilities

3.Increase scouting range

4.Survival

Season       Division          League        Cup        Continental       Avg.Att         Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Jupiler League       1st        2nd Rnd         N/A             1714        Title Winners

Baranovichi_FC.png

Me

General

Facilities

Baranovichi – 2014 - First League

Graph

Table

A great first year for me, I was not expecting things to go this well for us.

We never really looked like going any higher than we really finished, but we never really looked in too much danger of going down. The league was tight so few results could have shot us up the league, but all in all a great first year.

Cups - Less said the better here

Transfers - A massive amount of ins and outs at the club, have no doubt that the club is much stronger with the changes

Finances - Awful

Season Star:

Nikolay Zagvozdin - My front line striker who did what was asked of him by getting a decent amount of goals. I will expect much the same from him next year.

Best Prospect:

Leonid Polyakov - A striker, who looks pretty good and should have a decent future here. I will look to get him out on loan next year to try and get him some experience before becoming a member of the first team here.

Career Overview

2014      Baranovichi         First League            9th         Rnd 1       N/A              Survival

Next Season

I would like to get a little higher in the league, I honestly do not believe that we are too far away from the bigger teams here. A little cup run would also be nice to try and get a little more cash into the club.

Fjardabyggd 2024 Season

BvKqtue.png

Pretty much an identical league record as last season. We're getting to that point in the challenge where the league title is a given every year. I use league games now to try out new tactics and give my youth players game time.

O3yGTRY.png

The cups went well. Didn't qualify out of the group stage of the League Cup for the first time in quite a while, but won the main cup for the first time. I didn't even realize I had never won it before until I got the news item, cool stuff!

x3KvQrx.png

80mvk8d.png

Here's where the season got really fun. Got matched up with Pyunik of Armenia, and handled them easily away after a nervy home draw. Paritzan came next and didn't pose too much of a threat, scoring a late consilation goal in their home leg. The playoff (where I've crashed out the past two years) brought Steaua Bucharest out of Romania, and after drawing 0-0 at home, we won 1-0 away from a free kick off the boot of our own youth product Hafpor AEgir Petursson.

We then get drawn into a group with PSG, Zenit, and FC Porto and I thought we'd be lucky to score a single goal let alone get a point. We beat Porto 2-0 at home, then suffered a few defeats. An away win at Porto and a home win against Zenit however, seen us in 3rd place and on to the Europa League knockout round. There we got matched up with Stuttgart and sent on our way, but a fantastic European run nonetheless.

For those of you who've been following closely, it was Stuttgart who I sold my promising youth star to for millions, that helped me get to where I am now. Unfortunately, his career in Germany never did get off the ground, so no, he didn't feature against us. He's actually retired since then at the ripe old age of 24 :(

Killyleagh 2024/25

Table| Squad |Transfers

This was a meh! season where the team trod water. In the league they got a record points total, but Linfield are getter stronger, going unbeaten and breaking the goals record set in 1891, even Distillery are going away from me. The cups were the same where the team was knocked out in the quarter-finals of them all. In Europe the team played KR of Iceland which i though would give a good opportunity to progress. In the 1st leg away the team did well to only lose 1-0. In the home leg the team were 2-0 down at half time but came back to draw 2-2.

The finances are pretty steady, the board approved an improvement to the training facilities costing 95K, managed to sell Adair for 100K to cover this, which was good as he was nowhere near my first team yet.

Player performances are a concern with a lot of inconsistant players, the FB's a particular weak area no matter who plays.

Goals were also in shot supply with Garrett declining badly and the other wingers not scoring many which hasn't happened in previous years. Devine is my best striker but i have struggled to get the best out of him, he goes missing in too many games. Donaghy was again my best player even though he is not rated half as good as Devine.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None

Baranovichi_FC.png

Baranovichi – 2015 - First League

Graph

Table

On the face of it the season seems very similar to my first, but I didn't feel like it. We felt more secure and more of a threat throughout. We had chances late on in the year to get into the top 6 but didn't quiet make it.

We had a really poor start to the year which was a bit of a disappointment. All in all we finished exactly where we should have done really.

I and the board were relatively happy with this past season.

Cups - Shocking.

Transfers - Not as many changes as the year before but still a few new faces in. This year I managed to add more quality to the team which was very important. I got a lot of money in for one player who had never played for me, he was indeed a good prospect but, I could not turn the cash down, plus I get 30% of what ever he sells for.

Finances - Much better, helped by the player sales.

Season Star:

Nikita Patsko - Another quality striker, starred this year. I was really pleased to see him score the amount of goals he did this year. I am expecting him to improve year on year as well.

Best Prospect:

Vladimir Titov - A right back who came through my youth system. I am not sure how long I will be able to keep hold of him as people are already sniffing around, but he certainly will be good enough to play in the top league here in Belarus if not higher in a few years.

Career Overview

2014      Baranovichi         First League            9th         Rnd 1       N/A              Survival
2015      Baranovichi         First League            8th         Rnd 1       N/A              

Next Season

Another season of improvement is all I am looking for next year. I am really confident of achieving that as well. The group of players I have now are going to continue to grow season on season. I am pretty excited about next year as I truly believe I can get a little closer to the top of the league. I do not think promotion will be on the cards, but top 5 or 6 is not unrealistic. I have to win a game in the cup next year as well.

Baranovichi_FC.png

Baranovichi – 2016 - First League

Graph

Table

Not great, we began so well and really looked like not only challenging for the top 5 but we could have gone up. We at one stage went on a superb run of undefeated in 11 games. We just didn't kick on towards the backend of the season and we went on an awful run and dropped like a stone.

I am really gutted about this year as I felt we just dropped back behind where we were when I first took over the team.

I need to improve next year.

Cups - Usual.

Transfers - Very quiet as I only brought two new faces, many left but mainly on loan to try and get them some experience for the next few years so they can join the first team.

Finances - Not great projected balance, has to be because of the two unneeded stadium expansions thus far.

Season Star:

Nikita Patsko - Another good season from this young lad, he was quality all year round but will need more support from the rest of the squad.

Best Prospect:

Denis Khomechencko -Decent enough full back who should improve over the next few years.

Career Overview

2015      Baranovichi         First League            8th         Rnd 1       N/A              
2016      Baranovichi         First League            9th         Rnd 1       N/A              Nothing gone backwards

Next Season

A poor season, so I will look to turn things round next year and once again try and get closer to the upper echelons of the league. I also need to get past this first round in the cup, not done it so far. However first things first I need a new contract as at present they refuse to offer me one.

N.B - Just signed my new deal

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Season update 2026/27

League Final Standings

We lost our unbeaten run early on, sadly, but still another routine retention of our title.

In the cup we got lucky with the draw this year, as we drew all non-league teams until the semi final, providing a great opportunity to give the youngsters a go. It was a big moment against Austria Salzburg, as for the first time I could field a full team of players solely from the academy.

Here were our results:

Round 1: SC Schwaz 0-3 FAC – Rauch, Martinovic, Gmeiner

Round 2: Swarovski/Wattens 0-2 FAC – Grafl x2

Round 3: Austria Salzburg 1-2 FAC – Dimov, Stanojev

¼ Final: FAC 4-1 Eggendorf – Hamader, Horn, Dimov, OG

½ Final: Rapid Wien 0-5 FAC – Serna, Jhonatas x3, Grafl

So into the final again, this time to face Austria Wien. We had no worries about a shock, playing a full strength team and going into half time 4-0 up through a Martinovic double, Marcao and Jhonatas. A solitary own goal in the second half completed our win for consecutive cups.

Now, onto the Champions League. Now we’re second seeds it’s very easy to get through the group stage, and I honestly didn’t feel threatened by any of our opponents in Juventus, Shakhtar or Anderlecht. It’s nice to go into a group knowing you should get through, and that’s just what we did, in a very dominant fashion.

Our results:

FAC 4-0 Shakhtar – OG, Djordjevic x2, Martinovic

Anderlecht 0-6 FAC – Martinovic x3, Serna, Marcao, Jhonatas

Juventus 1-2 FAC – Dahm, Jhonatas

FAC 5-3 Juventus – Jhonatas, Serna x2, Gmeiner, Bayer

Shakhtar 1-1 FAC – Martinovic

FAC 2-0 Anderlecht – Maderthaner, Gmeiner

So through the group stage convincingly, and on to face Manchester Utd in the knockouts. Not normally a good sign, but we did well at Old Trafford and held them to 1-1, Bayer getting our goal. Back to Vienna then with a chance, and boy did we take it!

FACTeamfuumlrWienvManUtd_OverviewOverview_zps19bec22a.png

After taking on one English team, it was another for us in the quarter finals, this time Chelsea our opponents. This time it was a 2-2 draw in England, thanks to Djordjevic and Jhonatas, with 2 vital away goals to bring back with us.

FACTeamfuumlrWienvChelsea_OverviewOverview_zps413b7161.png

Didn’t need it this time but that was a bit of a close one!

Now the semi final, the furthest we’d ever been in this competition was the semis a couple of years ago, where PSG put us out. This time we’d face Barcelona with another away trip up first. Jürgen Dahm got us off to a great start but we ended up 3-1 down approaching the end of the game. Luckily an OG gave us a 2nd away goal and cut the deficit, giving us a fighting chance in Vienna.

In the second leg we dominated, creating chance after chance but just couldn’t put one away, which was all we needed to go through. Then, after 89 minutes, up popped Djordjevic from a corner to head in and put us through to the final! A great moment for us and what a way to get to our first final!

FACTeamfuumlrWienvBarcelona_OverviewOverview_zps35019ef1.png

Our first final, what a moment. We’d be playing our conquerors from the semi final in PSG, and just our luck, we’re without del Real and Fuentes through suspension. Not what I wanted to see, and it meant Felix Horn got a start in the club’s most important game ever, a start he probably wasn’t ready for but there weren’t a lot of other options.

Onto the game, and it could have started oh so differently as first Bayer went through and hit the bar, and then Jhonatas had a shot from outside the box…which hit the bar again! So close to 2-0 up and PSG punished us by going 1-0 up at half time. Then we hit the bar for a third time through Marcao! I was starting to feel like maybe this wasn’t our day, and this was proved as PSG stepped it up and were 5-0 up by the time the game was drawing to a close. A consolation scored by Schwarz wasn’t really much consolation, but the signs are good for this squad.

FACTeamfuumlrWienvParisSaint-Germain_OverviewOverview_zps1ca287de.png

Transfers:

Big moves in: No real big first team transfers, aside from a €2.5M move for Flamengo’s Jhonatas, a striker brought in to replace one leaving for big money. Youth wise, Schwarz rejoined from Schalke, Stanojev from Inter, Grafl came back to Austria from PSG and Hintersteiner from Stuttgart also joined.

Total spent: €40M

Big moves out: Ben van der Meer was starting to get on a bit, so he left for West Brom for €3.2M, and some of the RB depth was cleared to make room for some of the club’s youth. This meant a total of €9.7M income on 2 RBs who weren’t likely to play much. Guzmicky was let go for €5.75M mainly because he wasn’t going to be worth a whole lot more than that. The truly big moves out were Hodzic and Jertec, for €19.75M and €14.25M respectively, big money for the club which was a great boost. A sad moment was Goncalves’ departure, but €5M for a backup is a good fee.

Total gained: €57.75M

Net profit: €17.75M

The first XI at the end of the season:

GK: Nilo Eduardo (€2.4M from Pumas, 159 appearances, 53 clean sheets)

DR: Antonio (€165k from Fluminense, 227 appearances, 9 goals)

DC: Erik del Real (€8.75M from Monterrey, 159 appearances, 22 goals)

DC: Andrija Djordjevic (€3.5M from Lokomotiv Moscow, 277 appearances, 36 goals)

DL: Juan Manuel Fuentes (€30M from Chivas, 85 appearances, 2 goals)

MC: Jürgen Dahm (€34M from HSV, 81 appearances, 11 goals)

MC : Christopher Bayer (€725k from SV Ried, 293 appearances, 38 goals)

AMR: Marcao (€15M from Monterrey, 92 appearances, 53 goals)

AML: Alfredo Serna (€29.5M from Getafe, 109 appearances, 40 goals)

ST: Nikola Martinovic (€900k from Maribor, 272 appearances, 111 goals)

ST: Jhonatas (€2.5M from Flamengo, 39 appearances, 21 goals)

Top scorer: Marcao . 28 goals for a right winger is fantastic, especially with the amount of assists he also managed to get, with 21 assists going with those goals. He’s handed in a transfer request but if he leaves I’m going to want huge money.

Best player: Alfredo Serna. Big money but he went a long way towards paying it off this season. 14 goals and 16 assists for the 22 year old isn’t as spectacular as Marcao but he was always a game changer when he was on the pitch.

Youth prospects:

Felix Flechl: Another season as Nilo Eduardo’s backup, with 12 more appearances mainly in the league when it was already won and the cups. He’s shown he can handle himself quite well in domestic competition however.

Josef Bader: After 11 appearances in the first half of the season as primary RB backup, he spent the second half on loan at Erste Liga winners Altach, making another 14 appearances with 2 goals.

Felix Horn: Rotated with Maderthaner (another young CB) as the backup centre half on the bench and got some good playing time with 11 appearances, including the unexpected one at the San Siro in the Champions League final.

Marco Gmeiner: Came on very well this season and made 17 starts in addition to 28 sub appearances. He was the third striker at the club and thus made a lot more starts than I expected him to make, and he got 8 more goals, a respectable tally to go with 12 assists.

Finances: Much healthier now thanks to the run in the Champions League and the great income from transfers this year.

Average attendance: 29920 (of 31750) with 4 sellouts. Kind of plateauing at the moment with attendance as I think we’ve hit the expansion capacity of the stadium.

Next season: Would be nice to think next year could be our year in the Champions League if I can keep the squad together.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup          |  Europe  |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15  | Erste Liga|   5[size=1]th[/size]     | R2           |   N/A     |    Ingo Klemen (10)
2015/16  | Erste Liga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3          |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (25)
2016/17  | Bundesliga |   8[size=1]th[/size]     | R2         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (17)
2017/18  | Bundesliga |   3[size=1]rd[/size]     | SF         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (30)
2018/19  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3         |   EPL      |   Pedro Goncalves (20)
2019/20  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F         |   CG      |   Pedro (30)
2020/21  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK1      |   Pedro (31)
2021/22  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | SF        |   CG      |   Pedro (24)
2022/23  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3        |   CG/EK2      |   Pedro (41)
2023/24  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK2      |   Lukas Höhn (37)
2024/25  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F        |   CSF               |   Nikola Martinovic (22)
2025/26  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CQF               |   Nikola Martinovic (27)
2026/27  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CF               |   Marcao (28)

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2018 Review

Frustrating season again, I'm starting to think we will never escape this division. Runners up to a rather uninspiring Arendal. Stian Sleveland top scored again, this time with 11 league goals. Arne Dalehaug was the stand out best player, rather surprisingly too. His pace has dropped right away but he still impressed when called upon. Exited the cup at the second round stage after a 0-2 defeat to Haugesund.

Kjetill Hansen

Missed a few games due to injury this season, but still did well and his attributes improved nicely.

Next season; Win the league! Probably won't, but still it's the aim.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]
[color=#000000]2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug
[/i][/color][color=#000000]2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland
[/i][/color][color=#000000]2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland[/i][/color]

elACULc.png

Korsvoll - season 2014

League - being predicted last this was a good debut season, although if not for a 5 match winless run we could have finished even higher.

Cup - we were hammered by a top division club but on the bright side we received €23k.

Squad (Transfers) - the squad was short in quantity and quality, so its strengthening is a process that will continue next season because we couldn't afford a huge influx of players at once.

Finances - when I took charge the club had a positive balance of €150k and that was enough for the season.

Key Player Profiles:

Fredrik Dahm - the best player of our squad and top scorer.

Jonas Gisle - he wasn't rated that much by my Ass Man but his performances were very good until a 6 week injury.

Mattis Nerheim - he really picked up his game when Gisle was sidelined and had a great finish to the season.

Career Overview

Season    Division        Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------
2014      2. Divisjon     4th

Next Season

After our good first season I think we can aim for promotion, if we can sign some more players. This season I tried to establish a quality starting XI but we need some quality on the bench as well.

Gundo = Good season pal, fingers crossed you kick on better than you did last time you came 2nd

Thanks ashton. If I can add one or two in key areas, that could be enough.

Impressive first season in Norway Kingjerico. Would be good to see you challenge for the promotion in your second season.:thup:

Baranovichi_FC.png

Baranovichi – 2017 - First League

Graph

Table

A season that begin with so much promise.

We began really well and began with wins here there and everywhere. We then for some reason fell off a cliff and could not buy a win for anything. We suffered with injuries and suspensions. In the end we looked like going down. Two wins at the end of the year just saved us and kept us up.

Cups - A win, only one albeit.

Transfers - I decided to get rid of some of my more established players and focus on the youth.

Finances - Getting worse.

Season Star:

Denis Klebanyuk - New player in and was great in the wing a real attacking threat

Best Prospect:

Nothing really

Career Overview

2016      Baranovichi         First League            9th         Rnd 1       N/A              Nothing gone backwards
2017      Baranovichi         First League            8th         Rnd 2       N/A     

Next Season

After so much promise this season really tailed off. I need to get out of this rut that I am in and move this club forward I am starting to feel like this is my last chance.

Baranovichi_FC.png

Baranovichi – 2018 - First League

Graph

Table

Yes, yes yes yes. I finally managed to get the job done. We are up.

The league was tight at the top all year long and I never really lost touch with the pack. In the end we had just enough to secure 2nd place and a spot in the playoffs. In the end the amount of points we got would not have got us promotion in any of the previous seasons.

In the playoff we played a side who was at this level a couple of years ago, we went up with the drama of pens.

Cups - Two wins this year before going out to a very good top division side.

Transfers - A few more established faces left, the players that came in were all able to improve the squad straight away. I am very pleased with the new faces and I think they had a huge hand in our league finish. For the first time ever I really let the loan market help me, it seemed to have worked.

Finances - A few players left and this helped but still not in the best position.

Season Star:

Alexndr Baranov - On loan from our parent club. He has broken our scoring record and had a really fantastic year. Will try and get him back next year.

Best Prospect:

Nothing again this year

Career Overview

2017      Baranovichi         First League            8th         Rnd 2       N/A    
2018      Baranovichi         First League            2nd         Rnd 3       N/A              Promotion 

Next Season

After such a fantastic season, next year I will be looking for survival and that is it. I am not sure if I will achieve it or not but I have to get a few new faces in to give me a really decent chance but it could happen. The cup will be on the back burner next year.

Archived