FM14: What Team should I be?

SRL88

Real Sociedad is a fun save. You get a decent lump of cash at the start and you have a STACKED squad with potential

That's a good suggestion actually, if I could keep hold of Vela and Griezmann it'd be fun

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation: Turkey

Division: Preferably bottom

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Preferably not favourites to win promotion, but fairly easy here - would put this behind a club that I enjoy being a part of in my order of preference

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any - Preferably not a 'fallen giant' or 'hidden gem' - looking to build from the ground up.

Other: I'm looking to start a game in Turkey, preferably taking a club from the bottom to the top, in order to have a go at a save where a foreign player limit is imposed upon me. I often choose my club based on whether I can put up with their colours for the decades I'll be with them; being a Leeds fan I do rather enjoy white. That said, it's a bonus not a requirement!

Many thanks

Nation: Turkey

Division: Preferably bottom

Media Prediction: Preferably not favourites to win promotion, but fairly easy here - would put this behind a club that I enjoy being a part of in my order of preference

Transfer Budget: Any

Finances: Any - Preferably not a 'fallen giant' or 'hidden gem' - looking to build from the ground up.

Other: I'm looking to start a game in Turkey, preferably taking a club from the bottom to the top, in order to have a go at a save where a foreign player limit is imposed upon me. I often choose my club based on whether I can put up with their colours for the decades I'll be with them; being a Leeds fan I do rather enjoy white. That said, it's a bonus not a requirement!

Many thanks

Bucaspor

Nation: NOT UK, Germany, or Italy

Division: 2nd or lower

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: not 1st

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any

Finances: any

Other: Looking for a club with some history, a decent stadium, but an irrelevant present. In prior games I have played as Stade Reims, Morton, or Pro Vercellis.

Nation: NOT UK, Germany, or Italy

Division: 2nd or lower

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: not 1st

Finances: any

Other: Looking for a club with some history, a decent stadium, but an irrelevant present. In prior games I have played as Stade Reims, Morton, or Pro Vercellis.

I guess you can take a shot at Real Union. Fun save but tight budget. Good luck

I've tried a few International saves with the WC and all but they haven't stuck. Back to business with a new long term save now. I've a few tactical ideas buzzing around focusing on a strong midfield (and weak up front) so it would be nice if the team has one of those. I'm looking at Tottenham Hotspurs/ Roma but they may be a little too strong for a long term save. Throw some teams at me please chaps!

I've tried a few International saves with the WC and all but they haven't stuck. Back to business with a new long term save now. I've a few tactical ideas buzzing around focusing on a strong midfield (and weak up front) so it would be nice if the team has one of those. I'm looking at Tottenham Hotspurs/ Roma but they may be a little too strong for a long term save. Throw some teams at me please chaps!

Sao Paulo maybe but you can also try Genoa for a long term save.

There's long term and there's long term with a Brazilian save! I'm not sure that I have the time for all those games. Genoa is a good shout, bang in the middle of Serie A. Potential to over achieve and challenge for Europe but a challenge to reach the very top. Still maybe a little too strong but I'll check them out. Thanks.

I've been playing for 6 or 7 seasons with England and I got bored of it because I don't like the quality of their regens. I'm guessing Brazil has better regens so I wanna start with them. Which leagues should I load to find most of them? it's not like with England where english leagues are enough. Portuga, Spain? Do I need other american leagues?

I've been playing for 6 or 7 seasons with England and I got bored of it because I don't like the quality of their regens. I'm guessing Brazil has better regens so I wanna start with them. Which leagues should I load to find most of them? it's not like with England where english leagues are enough. Portuga, Spain? Do I need other american leagues?

Load Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, USA, Mexico.

Nation: NOT England/Portugal

Division: Top

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: any

Finances: reasonable

Other: Looking for the 'Southampton' from another nation, so decent youth and something to build, but still a good challenge.

Nation: Any

Division: Lower the better

Transfer Budget: Not important, but not broke.

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Good

Other: Good juniors. Reserves team.

Nation: NOT England/Portugal

Finances: reasonable

Other: Looking for the 'Southampton' from another nation, so decent youth and something to build, but still a good challenge.

Villarreal has some decent youth coming in. I also think you can do some good with Parma/Atalanta with their youth system.

Division: Lower the better

Transfer Budget: Not important, but not broke.

Wage Budget: As above

Other: Good juniors. Reserves team.

Either Crewe or Racing in the 3rd division. Great youth system and players coming in

I'm looking for a team with the potential to grow, with a few things in place like a decent stadium or facilities, but to still have some building to do. English lower leagues would be preferable but nothing lower than League One. For example teams like Bradford City; great stadium and fan base but lacking in other infrastructure and personnel.

I'm looking for a team with the potential to grow' date=' with a few things in place like a decent stadium or facilities, but to still have some building to do. English lower leagues would be preferable but nothing lower than League One. For example teams like Bradford City; great stadium and fan base but lacking in other infrastructure and personnel.[/quote']

They're not league 1 (I don't think so anyway) but Shrewsbury Town have a good stadium for the level they're in just needs a decent manager and some shrewd signings.

Nation: Anywhere but England (ideally a smaller league like in Scotland or Scandinavia)

Division: Lower divisions (the lower the better)

Media Prediction: 1st-3rd

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: Better than the other teams in the league

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Same as above

Other: Good youth team, ideally with some history though no preference

I'm looking for a team with the potential to grow' date=' with a few things in place like a decent stadium or facilities, but to still have some building to do. English lower leagues would be preferable but nothing lower than League One. For example teams like Bradford City; great stadium and fan base but lacking in other infrastructure and personnel.[/quote']
They're not league 1 (I don't think so anyway) but Shrewsbury Town have a good stadium for the level they're in just needs a decent manager and some shrewd signings.

They were relegated this year but are still in League One in the game, just! Decent shout, a few decent players, what is their average gate? I might be tempted to go just a little higher though, not sure if I have it in me to take a relegation candidate upwards. I'm a slow player and time is precious these days.

Nation: Anywhere but England (ideally a smaller league like in Scotland or Scandinavia)

Division: Lower divisions (the lower the better)

Media Prediction: 1st-3rd

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: Better than the other teams in the league

Finances: Same as above

Other: Good youth team, ideally with some history though no preference

Racing Santander in the 3rd division could suit you. Also Vasco de Gama, Independiente, maybe you could fare well with Red Bull Brasil in Serie C

Nation: Anywhere in Europe besides the big nations (Spain, Germany, Portugal, England, etc.)

European Competition:N/A

Media Prediction:N/A

Board Expectation(s):N/A

Transfer Budget: some?

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: Decent

Other: I want somewhere where I can be a big fish in a smallish pond, and has lax registration laws, such as Holland.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe besides the big nations (Spain, Germany, Portugal, England, etc.)

Other: I want somewhere where I can be a big fish in a smallish pond, and has lax registration laws, such as Holland.

AaB in Denmark would suit you well. Big fish in a small pond already with some youth coming in. You'll have to spend some budget to get rid of some player's low release clauses first, tho!

Division: Lower the better.

European Competition:

Media Prediction: Any

Transfer Budget: Something that i can work with

Finances: Any

Other: I prefer a supporting owner(who likes to give money to the club or upgrade facilities).

I am a new player whos looking to get a team from the bottom to the top.

I think I'm looking for around the same thing (big fish, not biggest pond), but perhaps not being the biggest fish right away (like an Ajax) but perhaps a team poised to take over the "big fish" role.

Division: Second or lower.

European Competition:

Transfer Budget: Low-Medium

Other: I prefer good facilities, but its not required.

Division: Lower the better.

European Competition:

Transfer Budget: Something that i can work with

Other: I prefer a supporting owner(who likes to give money to the club or upgrade facilities).

I am a new player whos looking to get a team from the bottom to the top.

I guess you could fare well with Independiente. Good finances with facilities that could use an upgrade

I think I'm looking for around the same thing (big fish, not biggest pond), but perhaps not being the biggest fish right away (like an Ajax) but perhaps a team poised to take over the "big fish" role.

Feyenoord is a potential big fish. Decent finances but great youth coming in and doing the business

Nation: Italy, Spain, England, France, Portugal

Division: Not important, I don't mind lower divisions

European Competition:preferably not.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Finances: Not important.

Other: I'd like to manage a team that has a player who is suited for some sort of special role (sweeper, regista, enganche, trequartista etc.) or has some sort of tactical system they adhere by.

I'm still looking! I've changed my preferences now though, sorry Zeon. Quite similar to Adzke actually.

Division: Top or Second Tier

Continental Competition: Prefer not

Media Prediction: Out of the relegation zone

Board Expectation(s): Lenient/ patient

Transfer Budget: Not a deal breaker

Wage Budget: Not a deal breaker

Finances: Not a deal breaker

Other: If they are set up for sexy striker-less football with a good youth production line then all the better.

Nation: Italy, Spain, England, France, Portugal

Division: Not important, I don't mind lower divisions

European Competition:preferably not.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Finances: Not important.

Other: I'd like to manage a team that has a player who is suited for some sort of special role (sweeper, regista, enganche, trequartista etc.) or has some sort of tactical system they adhere by.

You could fare well with Roma. Totti can be a great enganche and De Rossi and Bradley can fit the regista role

Division: Second or lower.

European Competition:

Transfer Budget: Low-Medium

Other: I prefer good facilities, but its not required.

This seems to be a shout but getting Portsmonth back to the EPL would be fun. Good facilities and all

I'm still looking! I've changed my preferences now though' date=' sorry Zeon. Quite similar to Adzke actually.

[b']Nation:[/b] Any

Other: If they are set up for sexy striker-less football with a good youth production line then all the better.

As far as I'm concerned, Norwich doesn't have the greatest strikers in the world. They have some youth coming in but your strikerless tactic could do well.

As far as I'm concerned, Norwich doesn't have the greatest strikers in the world. They have some youth coming in but your strikerless tactic could do well.

They're one of a few teams I've been looking at in England along with West Brom, West Ham and Derby. I'm sure we can think a little outside of the box on this one though, I'm not restricted on where I'd want to manage. For example a poorer league rather than the very top ones would mean more of a challenge to build up those facilities needed to create the next La Masia. I'm just musing on possibilities here really.

They're one of a few teams I've been looking at in England along with West Brom' date=' West Ham and Derby. I'm sure we can think a little outside of the box on this one though, I'm not restricted on where I'd want to manage. For example a poorer league rather than the very top ones would mean more of a challenge to build up those facilities needed to create the next La Masia. I'm just musing on possibilities here really.[/quote']

I also play strikerless in my ManUtd save and in my humble opinion it's best to create a strikerless squad from scratch instead of looking for a club with a squad that suits strikerless football as well as possible. It certainly takes some time to get rid off unwanted players and to bring in / develop suitable players, but it is also far more rewarding.

I'm still looking! I've changed my preferences now though' date=' sorry Zeon. Quite similar to Adzke actually.

[b']Nation:[/b] Any

France: Evian or Accajio

Italy: Bologna or Chievo

Spain: Celta Vigo or Elche

England: Blackburn or Ipswich

Selection to choose from. With the right skills, can easily avoid relegation without too much trouble. English team are more mid table based for Championship.

Hope those give you some challenge.

Nation: Germany

Division: 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga

Media Prediction: Not favourites to win promotion

Board Expectation(s): Mid table/bottom

Transfer Budget: Short or none

Wage Budget: Same

Finances: Preferably not a 'fallen giant' or 'hidden gem' - looking to build from the ground up.

Nation: Germany

Division: 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga

Media Prediction: Not favourites to win promotion

Board Expectation(s): Mid table/bottom

Transfer Budget: Short or none

Wage Budget: Same

Finances: Preferably not a 'fallen giant' or 'hidden gem' - looking to build from the ground up.

SV Sandhausen would be a good choice for you. A small team that don't get a lot of attendance. Should build them up

SV Sandhausen would be a good choice for you. A small team that don't get a lot of attendance. Should build them up

Also: Unterhaching, Stuttgarter Kickers, SV Elversberg and Burghausen in 3. Liga

And: Aalen, FSV Frankfurt, Ingolstadt and Aue in 2. Bundesliga

Anderlecht in Belgium, I've had enormous fun with them trying to develop youngsters. Check out the Anderlecht thread.

Nation: Not England, preferably Italy

Division: Not top (Unless a smaller country)

Media Prediction: Not overly concerned, see below

Board Expectation(s): Easyish to achieve

Transfer Budget: See below

Wage Budget: See below

Finances: No debt, making money preferred

Other: Basically want a smaller team to build up, maybe a good youngster or two in the squad? Finances good enough so they don't just lose money constantly but don't need them to be rich, so that extends to my budgets. Want achieveable expectations, not necessarily a league winning team

Other: Basically want a smaller team to build up, maybe a good youngster or two in the squad? Finances good enough so they don't just lose money constantly but don't need them to be rich, so that extends to my budgets. Want achieveable expectations, not necessarily a league winning team

Racing Santander?

In the 3rd Division in Spain and a squad that should easily win the league without needing to sign anyone and should even challenge for back to back promotions. Good facilities, a few young players who can start straight away and I've had a few decent regens from the academy already. Finances isn't great but the board usually inject some cash to keep things going or you could sell off one or of your high value players.

Racing Santander?

In the 3rd Division in Spain and a squad that should easily win the league without needing to sign anyone and should even challenge for back to back promotions. Good facilities, a few young players who can start straight away and I've had a few decent regens from the academy already. Finances isn't great but the board usually inject some cash to keep things going or you could sell off one or of your high value players.

That's a good idea, I'll keep them in mind. Thanks!

You should have a go at Brescia. Have some good youth already coming in and you can make them beasts.

Nation: England

Division: Pref prem, maybe championship

Media Prediction: Not bothered

Board Expectation(s): Not bothered

Transfer Budget: Good

Wage Budget: Good

Other: Looking for a team pref prem maybe championship, good chairman that will help with finances, few good players in the squad that can be a force, not lots of players and staff, basically a mediocre team that I could make very good.

Nation: England

Division: Pref prem, maybe championship

Media Prediction: Not bothered

Board Expectation(s): Not bothered

Transfer Budget: Good

Wage Budget: Good

Other: Looking for a team pref prem maybe championship, good chairman that will help with finances, few good players in the squad that can be a force, not lots of players and staff, basically a mediocre team that I could make very good.

Not the worst squad, but it could use a decent strikeforce: Crystal Palace

Nation: France

Division: Ligue 1 or 2

European Competition: No Champions League

Transfer Budget: As long as there's a little bit to spend

Finances: Preferably not in the red.

Other: Looking to start a game in France, with a team that's not a top-4 team.

Been looking around the St.Etienne thread and that has caught my interest, but I'm also kinda hooked on Evian.

Can anyone recommend one of the two, or maybe a whole other team?

Archived