Nation: Italy, Germany, Spain or England

Division: Top

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: top 12 or so

Board Expectation(s): top half

Transfer Budget: decent but not insane

Wage Budget: same

Finances: don't mind

Other: Want a game where I help a team break the final barrier (ie bring a top 4 team to title, or a top half team to top 4) Just a quick game to get into swing of things with fm 14.

Thanks in advance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Vaduz

FC Veduz is a Lichtenstein club playing in the Swiss second division. They also appear in a Lichtenstein cup where they are favorites each year, where the winner qualifies to Europe. So your in second division in Switzerland and playing european football.

Nation: Any

Division: Any

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I want a team which reperesents another country in another league, I know about Wellington Pheonix in the A-League, San Marino in Italy and the Welsh clubs in England, but are there any others?

Nation: Italy, Germany, Spain or England

Media Prediction: top 12 or so

Board Expectation(s): top half

Transfer Budget: decent but not insane

Wage Budget: same

Finances: don't mind

Other: Want a game where I help a team break the final barrier (ie bring a top 4 team to title, or a top half team to top 4) Just a quick game to get into swing of things with fm 14.

Thanks in advance.

looking to do something like this myself. on last years versions in was sociedad or atalanta but this season im leaning towards Catania in Italy.

atalanta have lost the rights to Gabbiadini and a couple of guys have been downgraded.

when i did a save as real they got robbed of vela by aresenal for 3.4mil (buy back clause) which was a kick in the teeth as he looks class this time around.

Catania have got a few really nice looking players like Peruzzi, Bellusci, Barrientos.

Can anyone tell me if there are any other leagues in Europe that have no foreign player/work permit limits for non-EU players? From memory it was the Polish, Dutch, Belgian and Danish leagues.

Nation:ANY IN EUROPE

Division: top level

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: 1-10

Board Expectation(s): europe

Transfer Budget:1-10m

Wage Budget:up to 1m

Finances:good

Other:Want a team I can build but have room to bring in good coaches from the start

Nation: One of top leagues

Division: See above

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Top half

Board Expectation(s): Top half - Europe

Transfer Budget: around £5m

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter as long as there is some room to spare when save starts

Finances: Secure

Other: Some good youngsters coming through would be great but excellent youth and training facilities is a must

Club: Achilles '29

Division: Dutch 1st division

Transfer Budget: 0

Wage Budget: 500k euro

Finances: You will make around a 180k a month probably for the first year. Balance when you start is probably 500k.

Board Expectation(s): Don't get relegated

Key Players: All your players are amateurs, you have to sign a whole squad. Levi Raja Boean is a beast though up to low-Eredivisie standards.

Pros:

-Challenging

-unique (this team is the first amateur team to get promoted to Dutch 1st div. now the rules have changed.)

-you can build your own club from the ground up.

-you will make a huge profitt the first 2 years because TV rights > your wage costs by far. Huge meaning around 180k Euro's a month 1st season which is loads for a team like this.

-regens will all be from the town Achilles is from (Groesbeek) at least the first few years.

Cons:

-very low status, players often don't want to join

-you might lose a lot the first 2 seasons, I only got promoted after 4 seasons.

-small stadium (4k), bad training/youth facilities

-most players aren't good enough (you are the worst team in the league at the start), you have to get a lot of free transfers in, that said there are tons of clubless Dutch players. I recommend Osama Rashid and Gino Pieters (if he is free, he becomes a beast for this level up to low Eredivisie level.)

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult):

I would say 7+.

Seriously this challenge is unique and I can't recommend it enough.

RSB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division?

Founded only in 2009 so a fresh canvas, training and youth facilities graded as "Great" and rent free 44,345 all seater stadium.

You start with as affiliates; NY Red Bulls in the American MLS and Red Bull Salzburg in Austria as merchandising top ups on the cash, and besides Germany's always a fun league to go for as well. Huge potential.

What a great shout this is.

I thanked you in GD for this (maybe you missed it) so I thank you again.

I was just going to wait for a patch to fix the fullbacks but I checked out this team and it does indeed look a very nice longterm save, I am taking them through pre-season at the moment.

The squad is quite unbalanced but there is enough of a wage budget to change that around, the board are not asking for much in the first season so gives you time to work the magic.

In all my years playing I have never managed in Germany so that gives it even more of an edge, looking forward to this.

:)

No worries.

Using Mr U Rosler's FULCRUM tactic here as the baseplate and have been tinkering with it to refine it:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366000-FM14-TACTIC-quot-THE-FULCRUM-quot-Back-to-Back-Promotions-Cup-Win?p=9137059#post9137059

....seems to be working well. I had a nightmare pre-season though, so don't worry if it's a slow starter. You're the top passing team in that league and the board insist on the 'keep possession' philosophy and the FULCRUM seems to suit. I'm currently 4th at Xmas.

Thanks for that! Will wait for the full version to get stuck into it, I normally start as my beloved Villa but just dont know if i can take heartache just yet!! =)

No worries daylight and deuce81, hope you have a good one. I only found them by chance flicking through the "select team" page in-game looking through facilities/stadium capacities in the lowest divisions and saw this one, thought "this is exactly what I'm looking for".

And in Feb in first season, and bouncing between 2-5th really enjoying it.

Nation: Preferably Italy, Spain, Germany, or France

Division: Not top div.. want to take a team through the gears

European Competition: Preferably none.

Media Prediction: None too high.

Board Expectation(s): None too high.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Wage Budget: Not important.

Finances: Not important.

Other: Looking for a team not in a top flight but a sleeping giant. Ive taken Wolves (fm13) from div 1 to CL winners so want something similar in one of the other big European Leagues. Thanks

In Germany, look at 1. FC Köln, Kaiserslautern, 1860 München, Düsseldorf and RB Leipzig :)

Cool, cheers. I tried Rostock in beta but get a bit boring pretty quickly. Might give Kaiserslautern a go though...

Quick background: I will be in London for a couple of weeks early next year and wanted to be an L1/L2 team that I can see in the city when I am there.

After some great feedback here, I settled on Leyton Orient.

Since I plan to wait until the ME is patched now and have more time before making the final decision, I was also was thinking of Dag and Red as an L2 option.

Does anyone play as either team and, if so, can you give me the pros and cons of the team you play as? And, even if you don't play as either, what do you think of those two teams for an FM save that I plan to keep for several months if not the whole year?

By the way, thanks to Jibby123 for helping with the Os choice in this thread.

Thanks, guys.

Slightly linked question I hope someone may know.

In the English league, Premier division to League 2 what teams start the game without a manager?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Nation: Any of the top 5 European leagues

European Competition: Not important

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): At most European Qualification, at worst Respectable Position

Transfer Budget: Not important, but not broke.

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Good, with potential to grow with success.

Other: Looking for a team which begins life quite modest, but has a good spine of players and is in good enough financial shape to provide increasingly better transfer/wage budgets the more success is achieved. I'm thinking similar to Aston Villa in FM11.

Nation: England

Division: Division Two or National Conference

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: N/A

Board Expectation(s): Very patient

Transfer Budget: Average

Wage Budget: Average

Finances: Average

Other: A good youth team and coaches

I would like to start at a club with a view to building home-grown youth players. I am happy to stay in the choosen division for a few seasons as the young players (assited by a couple of senior pros), work into the first team. I like to manage the First, Reserve and Youth teams myself and would spend 50% of any transfer budget on promising youth players with an eye to the future. The challenge being can you build a promotion winning side with home grown players before you get sacked for 'lack of ambition.

In need of advice!

Nation: N/A

Division: N/A

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: I am looking to do a 15-20 season career with one team who aren't at the top (I'm going to do a Fergie style career using his "blueprint" - go through a couple 'generations') and then move on and do the same with another team. So any team which has potential really be it in Europe or otherwise, any league or division (lower the better probably). A Scandinavian league is an interesting one and also maybe in the Eredivise - but open to suggests on this very broad request :lol:. Cheers.

In need of advice!

Nation: N/A

Division: N/A

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: I am looking to do a 15-20 season career with one team who aren't at the top (I'm going to do a Fergie style career using his "blueprint" - go through a couple 'generations') and then move on and do the same with another team. So any team which has potential really be it in Europe or otherwise, any league or division (lower the better probably). A Scandinavian league is an interesting one and also maybe in the Eredivise - but open to suggests on this very broad request :lol:. Cheers.

Why not AEK Athens? Recently relegated giant. Take them back to the top and try and conquer Europe.

Why not AEK Athens? Recently relegated giant. Take them back to the top and try and conquer Europe.

Not a bad suggestion actually! Any other teams in similar positions (other than Rangers)? Cheers pal.

Looking for a team in a European league without crippling debt, something to build on. Looking to play 4-4-2 with two DMC(box to box types) ML/MR are wingers. Would like a squad to start with that fits the tactic without having to do wholesale changes but my brain's not working today, i have a case of the dumb.

edit: maybe something like celtic? any ideas welcome

Nation: Any of the top 5 European leagues

European Competition: Not important

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): At most European Qualification, at worst Respectable Position

Transfer Budget: Not important, but not broke.

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Good, with potential to grow with success.

Other: Looking for a team which begins life quite modest, but has a good spine of players and is in good enough financial shape to provide increasingly better transfer/wage budgets the more success is achieved. I'm thinking similar to Aston Villa in FM11.

Catania, Italy

Thanks! I'll check them out this weekend.

should have elaborate a bit more as to why really.

they are predicted midtable (10th) board have no additional expectations like europe or philospohies to adhere too.

a relitivley new club (est 1946) and have never finished higher that 8th in the top flight.

get a budget of about 5mil to play with at the start with out selling anyone.

got some great coaches/physios on your books.

players wise gino peruzzi at rb is on his way to being world class with other fm favs like Bellusi at cb, almiron in centre mid and barrientos (class) in attack. im yet to start my save but looks like a 3 5 2 setup would be fun with peruzzi/monzon as defensive wingers.

squad is loaded with italian and argentinian players so it will be fun trying to stick to that blueprint and see how far you can go.

Nation: European but not one of the top 5/6 leagues

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter but ideally not top

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Decent wedge. At least £1m

Wage Budget: Room for manoeuvre

Finances: Good

Other: Looking for a club in Belgium, Switzerland, Austria or the like that already has very good facilities and youth system. Idea is to dominate the landscape in that country and make a dent on Europe eventually. I'm currently torn between Standard and Genk. What do you reckon?

I want a side with a good amount of young home-grown talent at the club already who I can build a mostly national side around. They shouldnt be playing European football either. Preferably in one of the main Euro leagues (Spa, Eng, Ita, Hol, Rus, Ger, Fra).

I want a side with a good amount of young home-grown talent at the club already who I can build a mostly national side around. They shouldnt be playing European football either. Preferably in one of the main Euro leagues (Spa, Eng, Ita, Hol, Rus, Ger, Fra).

Southampton ; Aston Villa ; Real Sociedad ;

Other: Looking for a club in Belgium, Switzerland, Austria or the like that already has very good facilities and youth system. Idea is to dominate the landscape in that country and make a dent on Europe eventually. I'm currently torn between Standard and Genk. What do you reckon?

I had a career save in Hungary last year and I found that massively enjoyable. Gyor are a pretty good club too :thup:.

Depending on the league you want, would Villa not be a good shout? They certainly have a young squad so it would be something to work with at least. They have a fair few home grown players too.

Not much between Genk & Standard imo. Genk has perhaps a slightly more balanced team from the start.

Was going to state Andelrecht but Standard and Genk are good options as you mentioned them. Maybe Standard as you already have a fearsome duo upfront who are roughly about the same age: 19-20 and if you can ward of interest you might form a deadly partnership for years to come.

Nation: Any apart from England

Division: any

European Competition: not fussed

Media Prediction: n/a

Board Expectation(s): n/a

Transfer Budget: n/a

Wage Budget: n/a

Finances: not too bad

Other: Don't fancy managing in England at all, Was thinking about managing St Etienne or Real Betis.

Any suggestions?

Nation: Preferably Italy, England, Spain or Germany.

Division: Top division.

European Competition: Not important.

Media Prediction: Mid table/Europa League qualification.

Board Expectation(s): As above..

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Wage Budget: Not important.

Finances: Secure/rich.

Other: I'm looking for a team to start a career game with, a team with decent youngsters and a good infrastructure where you could feasibly have 3 or 4 good years and expect to then move up a level. I've looked at Southampton and Leverkusen but I think they might be a bit too well formed. Or maybe not... I'm pretty indecisive about this - it'll be my first save post-BETA (where I was Juventus).

Nation: Any apart from England

European Competition: not fussed

Media Prediction: n/a

Board Expectation(s): n/a

Transfer Budget: n/a

Wage Budget: n/a

Finances: not too bad

Other: Don't fancy managing in England at all, Was thinking about managing St Etienne or Real Betis.

Any suggestions?

In previous years I've really enjoyed being Athletic Bilbao in Spain, though it's quite a different challenge to any other club in the whole game - due to their Basque only policy there's very few players you can sign and will be expected to develop the youngsters to survive.

If that doesn't appeal how about their local rivals, Real Sociedad? Good support, reasonably well off, some great young players (Griezmann, Inigo Martinez, Ruben Pardo) and the bonus of Champions League football in the first season.

FC Basel in Switzerland might be good for this?

I enjoyed managing Bilbao immensely on FM12. Will be a good challenge especially they lost Martinez and Llorente this and past season.

Probably more likely to sway to France and manage St Etienne, good youth players and build the team up for long term.

Thanks for the suggestions Enders :thup:

Nation: France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, etc.....not England. In fact if someone can recommend a Mexican club that would be ideal

European Competition: No

Transfer Budget: Decent

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Secure

Other: So basically what I'm looking for is to rebuild a fallen giant. from the bottom up if necessary, so they'll preferably not be in the nations top division. Monaco need not apply

Nation: England / Scotland

Division: Skrill North or South / SL2

Media Prediction: Expected promotion in 1st Season

Board Expectation(s): Expected promotion in 1st Season

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Would like 1-2k wiggle room

Finances: Stable

Other: Looking for a strong team in the lowest league of England or Scotland to kick off my budding career without having to struggle too much in the first season or so.

Nation:England

Division:TSN/TSS

European Competition:N/A

Media Prediction:Bottom half

Board Expectation(s):Mid Table

Transfer Budget:N/A

Wage Budget:1-2k

Finances:Stable/Insecure

Other:Would like a team in the lower divisions of England, not to strong as to be winning every game but enough of challenge to take them up and on to better things and become a club legend.

Nation: Non UK, EU preferably

Division: 3rd tier or below

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any

Finances: any

Other: must be able to have a reserve team and youth team, good facilitates would be a bonus also

Really looking for a good challenge, a team with a good history would be handy also, but not a deal breaker.

FC Basel in Switzerland might be good for this?

Cheers for the suggestions. I'm going to take a look at Basel as well as the Belgian sides.

Exactly what I was looking for. Will take a look when I get off this damn work and can start my FM-weekend. Thanks!

Way to ruin my social life. RSB Leipzig seems like a game i'm going to REALLY enjoy. This budget doesn't make it easy though.

Way to ruin my social life. RSB Leipzig seems like a game i'm going to REALLY enjoy. This budget doesn't make it easy though.

Leipzig is such a fun save, I am really enjoying it.

I am going a bit slow at the moment as we await the next update.

I have not long started my second season, I managed third last season and won promotion via the playoff, 6 games into the second season and quite a few new faces, a decent transfer budget and a good wage budget to play with and I have went to work in spending it all. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Vaduz

FC Veduz is a Lichtenstein club playing in the Swiss second division. They also appear in a Lichtenstein cup where they are favorites each year, where the winner qualifies to Europe. So your in second division in Switzerland and playing european football.

Originally Posted by Aussieliverpool

Nation: Any

Division: Any

European Competition: Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I want a team which reperesents another country in another league, I know about Wellington Pheonix in the A-League, San Marino in Italy and the Welsh clubs in England, but are there any others?

Started a save as FC Vaduz and Liechtenstein manager. Just need to get to grips with tactics and hopefully in time I'll have a champions league winner from Liechtenstein, and in the very long run a national team challenging for trophies :D

Nation: England

Division: Championship or League 1

Media Prediction: Dont mind

Board Expectation(s): Dont mind

Transfer Budget: Dont Mind

Wage Budget: Dont mind

Other: Just looking for a team with a solid base that I can get into a save with

Leipzig is such a fun save, I am really enjoying it.

I am going a bit slow at the moment as we await the next update.

I have not long started my second season, I managed third last season and won promotion via the playoff, 6 games into the second season and quite a few new faces, a decent transfer budget and a good wage budget to play with and I have went to work in spending it all. :)

It's awesome. Can't open my save now though.