FM14: Request a Screenshot Thread

SRL88

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Ravel Morrison improved at all?

Unlikely if you think logically?

Last season he was on loan at Birmingham and played alright without being that spectacular. His form for West Ham this season has only been for a few games, and as such it is highly unlikely that a researcher would improve him too much after just a few good games.

His stats have never made a great deal of sense though, poor workrate teamwork and determination have seemingly been given to him to reflect on his off the field personality, but in terms of the match engine give a very unrealistic representation of Ravel as a footballer. My hope was that the Birmingham researcher actually watched him play and rated him based on that.

His stats have never made a great deal of sense though, poor workrate teamwork and determination have seemingly been given to him to reflect on his off the field personality, but in terms of the match engine give a very unrealistic representation of Ravel as a footballer. My hope was that the Birmingham researcher actually watched him play and rated him based on that.

I would imagine the Manchester United researcher had watched him too, hence the attributes he had..............

Well, his stats failed to reflect that view, which is rather the point.

In your opinion.

Do you not think the researcher would not have watched him enough to rate him how he saw best? I'm betting he has seen a lot more of Ravel Morrison than what you have to make a decen judgement.

This doesn't really seem the place for some sort of top red arguement. Or any arguement, I was just interested in a screenshot honestly.

But I will add that I strongly believe that nobody who has watched Ravel play regularly since he started appearing for the u18s would agree with the apparant assessment of him as a lazy, selfish player on the pitch unless they are biased by off field antics.

This doesn't really seem the place for some sort of top red arguement. Or any arguement, I was just interested in a screenshot honestly.

But I will add that I strongly believe that nobody who has watched Ravel play regularly since he started appearing for the u18s would agree with the apparant assessment of him as a lazy, selfish player on the pitch unless they are biased by off field antics.

Well, he got in a fight, (or rather a girly slapping match), playing for England Under 21's last week due to his constant selfishness..........

Thats conjecture, I would say he got in a girly slapping match because a teammate clipped his heals from behind. I certainly wouldn't deny a fiery temperament. Also holding on to the ball when you're the best player on the pitch against weak opposition isn't always because you're selfish, it's often just a good decision, as witnessed by the man of the match performance and the testimony of team mate Nathan Redmond.

If you really think his attributes were a problem in the past, then you should have perhaps raised the issue in the Data Issues forum.

I'll stick by the chap who has followed United Youth for years for the time being though. Right now Morrrison has had a few decent games for West Ham, and that is all. In previous versions of FM he had a random PA, (-9 I think), meaning he could have turned into an exceptional player given the right training.

If that is still the case, then fair enough I say.

(By the way, if no one does beforehand I will happily post a screenshot of him when I get my Beta code - sodding Asda have ballsed up sending them out).

I would have done that, as you can see I strongly disagree with some of the stats he had, but disagreeing with a researcher only serves to get a person lambasted on this forum from what I've seen. Your attitude here is a pretty good example.

As for sticking by the chap who has followed united youth for years, I assume you mean the researcher rather than the countless other chaps to whom that statement could be applied (myself included, hope you enjoyed the 0-0 earlier btw). The idea that all Ravel has done so far is a few decent games for West Ham actually completely disregards the Manchester United youth sides though, so you're sending a rather mixed message.

I also 100% agree with the -9 PA as an assessment of his overall potential as a player, giving anything else would be very strange, due to his lack of first team involvement for United. All I said was that a few of his stats lead to him being poorly represented in the match engine, and that the only reason I could see for some of them is his off field notoriety, which again should have no impact on his performance in the match engine.

Thank you by the way for your screenshot offer, it is starting to look like interest in this thread is being lost, hopefully that isn't our fault.

As for sticking by the chap who has followed united youth for years, I assume you mean the researcher rather than the countless other chaps to whom that statement could be applied (myself included, hope you enjoyed the 0-0 earlier btw). The idea that all Ravel has done so far is a few decent games for West Ham actually completely disregards the Manchester United youth sides though, so you're sending a rather mixed message.

The point was that his attributes were fairly acceptable, (I never actually said you were wrong in your assessment of some of his mental attributes), and changes after a few good games aren't particularly warranted.

Of course for all I know the West Ham/Birmingham researcher, (whoever edited his file from last season), may have changed some of those attributes you suggeted already.

Ah, I think I see the confusion, asking if he has improved was not infact some knee jerk reaction to a few starts for West Ham on my part. Having watched and admired Ravel as a footballer for some time I've spent the last few years hoping he would be changed to accurately represent his on field persona in vain, so had high hopes that when handed over to a different researcher and under different circumstances (dropped deeper in midfield playing for Birmingham, with less media attention on off field negatives) something was more likely to be altered.

If you arent sure how to take a screenshot, then please follow the following instructions:

Any ideas lads?

Neither of the normal instructions work for me: Print Screen nor FN+Alt+F9 or Alt+F9.

Each of them simply print whatever my desktop is displaying at the time, rather than the FM14 screen of choice. I'm used to printing and uploading images in bulk and I've never had this trouble before. I'm using a standard Dell Windows PC with the latest Windows.

Screenshots of maybe in about 5 years time of;

Jerome Sinclair, Jordon Ibe, Pedro Chirivella, Sergi Canos, Ryan Fulton, Adam Morgan

Don't know if it's worth putting some of these guys into my team if they're gonna end up trunks!

Thanks!

Jerome Sinclair will be easily good enough for Liverpool when fully developed.

Ibe/Morgan will be rotational players (Maybe for HG quota) or mid-level Prem players. The other three I can't help you with unfortunately, perhaps ask in the Liverpool thread :)

Any ideas lads?

Neither of the normal instructions work for me: Print Screen nor FN+Alt+F9 or Alt+F9.

Each of them simply print whatever my desktop is displaying at the time, rather than the FM14 screen of choice. I'm used to printing and uploading images in bulk and I've never had this trouble before. I'm using a standard Dell Windows PC with the latest Windows.

Try putting your FM into windowed mode (then maximizing it of course). I have played like this ever since as I am always screenshotting things.

There is a screenshot feature built into FM as well, which when pressed goes into a folder in your documents. Think screenshot button is under the same options as save game etc. I think.

Jerome Sinclair will be easily good enough for Liverpool when fully developed.

Ibe/Morgan will be rotational players (Maybe for HG quota) or mid-level Prem players. The other three I can't help you with unfortunately, perhaps ask in the Liverpool thread :)

Pretty much what I thought but would love screenshots of them all when they have fulfilled their potential

Archived