FM14 Small Club to Big Club Asian/African Challenge brought to you by Ashton321 and DodgeeD

Another year another challenge. Rancer has decided to stand down from running this challenge this year so myself and Dodgee have put ourselves forward to take this on for this year. A slight change is that we will include African Teams into this challenge so it becomes the FM14 Small Club to Big Club Asian/African Challenge .

Firstly just to thank Rancer for a superb effort over the years to keep this thread going hopefully we can really kick on this year and make it even more successful.

The Aim: The rules are identical to the previous years.

And the same as many of the other challenges you must take a previously unplayable team to the top of the World.

You might not be able to enter the Champions League with an AFC Cup side I am not sure if you were to progress the league for many years and improved the Asian Coefficient over the years that you may get entry. If someone wishes to try this feel free. Although it may mean you never complete the challenge as you will never enter the AFC Champions League or the FIFA World Club Cup.

Of course you also have Africa to visit which at present only have South Africa as a playable league. This will change over time as more leagues become playable as the wonderful Editors get to work.

One thing I have taken out of the challenge this year is that you must win the World Cup before the challenge is complete, this is because over the years this is the point where interest I have found has stopped a little. You are all of course free to try and get to this point and your updates will be most welcome. I have allowed International Management at any stage this year as it can be a fun little sideline.

3 in 1

Ok so as you know by know some Asian Clubs cannot complete in the Asian Champions League so I have decided to set a new way to complete the challenge for these countries.

Option 1 - Take a previously unplayable team from an African Nation to win the African Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup

Option 2 - Take a previously unplayable team from an Asian Nation which has qualifiers for the Asian Champions League and win this and the FIFA Club World Cup or you also have the option to edit the Co Efficient to add your nation into the Champions League, you can only do this once you have won your national title 5 times and the ACC 3 times

Option 3 - Take a previusly unplayable team from an Asian Nation which does not have teams that qualify for the Asian Champions League, you must instead win the Asian Confederation Cup and also the Asian Nations Cup (International Tournament). The Asian Nations Cup must be won by the nation of the team you are playing for example: If you play in Honk Kong you must win the Asian Nations Cup with the Hong Kong National Team.

Getting Started:

[*]Start a new game

[*]Select any league combinations you want., I am allowing players to play this challenge as part of your career game (obviously, you will have to load at least one . However, you will have holiday one season in the league you want to manage in. You can even try my challenge in the future, however, you must have that league loaded from the start and you won't have to holiday a season.

[*]Enable Attribute masking

[*]Use fake players optional

[*]Your starting manager must be Sunday League Footballer or Automatic

[*]International Management is allowed at any time

Rules

Not a lot:

[*]no cheating

[*]if you're sacked, holiday to the rest of the season and select a new club

[*]have fun

[*]please tell everyone you know about this challenge. It's fun

[*]Signing players – only players your able to scout or have offered by agents

Leagues and Reset Dates

This section will have a list of leagues to download to use for countries unplayable at the start of the game. It will also give a reset dates for these leagues. If you find a league not in here please let me know and I will get it in the list.

Final Words

Enjoy. Asia and Africa can be really fun places to manage, its always great fun to open up new areas. Please post and get involved as this another challenge that is a massive amount of fun. Any questions just ask.

Good stuff ashton :thup:

It's a shame about the real life changes re. the Asian Confederation Cup, especially as India, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore are all in the game as playable leagues. Maybe that could be a mini-challenge - take an unplayable team from one of those leagues to ACC glory...

And just to check - are we keeping rancer's change from last year that we can load multiple leagues and do the challenge within a career game? I was thinking about starting with the challenge in South Africa before going onto a globe-trotting career. :)

Well done for taking it on boys. Good to make sure that we've got the full set for another year.
Of course, for the real 'full set', we could include Oceanic leagues once the editor is available, kind of making this a 'rest of the world' challenge ;)

Good stuff ashton :thup:

It's a shame about the real life changes re. the Asian Confederation Cup, especially as India, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore are all in the game as playable leagues. Maybe that could be a mini-challenge - take an unplayable team from one of those leagues to ACC glory...

And just to check - are we keeping rancer's change from last year that we can load multiple leagues and do the challenge within a career game? I was thinking about starting with the challenge in South Africa before going onto a globe-trotting career. :)

I am happy for any number of leagues loaded to try and encourage more people to come and have a go here with this.

I was thinking ACC teams we could have that you have to win the ACC and the Asian Cup with your chosen nation?

Of course, for the real 'full set', we could include Oceanic leagues once the editor is available, kind of making this a 'rest of the world' challenge ;)

I was wondering if to include them but I am not sure if there is many leagues ever created in that region

Let's give this a whirl.

XuiHx1g.png

Meet the new manager of Meixian [梅县客家足球俱乐部], a professional football club based in Meizhou, Guangdong.

Officially founded in 2012 you may think of it as the exciting up-and-comer, but their history isn't quite that uneventful or indeed clean. Originally founded as Guangdong Hongyuan FC, the club enjoyed moderate success in the Super League throughout the 90's but ran into financial difficulties and was sold off to Qingdao Hailifeng FC in 1998. Going through several name-, stadium-, and even home city changes, this club was eventually banned after a 2010 investigation found they engaged in "bribery and private business dealing," including deliberately losing a 2007 game to secure Chengdu Blades' promotion in exchange for 500 000 RMB.

After a failed attempt to reestablish as Dongguan Nancheng FC in 2011, the club relocated to Mei County in Meizhou - the Chinese "Hometown of Football" - and is now known as Meixian Hakka FC, or Meixian Kejia as it is called in FM.

With the chance of a clean slate, here's hoping I can help shape a new era that the fans can be a little more proud of.

We also play in awful yellow and green jerseys.

What could possibly go wrong!?

---

I am playing this with all official asian leagues loaded in hopes of some healthy continental competition.

For anyone interested, the teams I saw getting promoted while reloading were: Fengpeng, Hainu, Jiayunhao, Meixian, Meizhou, Senke, Tengding, and Zhongji.

Club logos for all of the above and others.

A question for all of the players or people who intend to play in this challenge, and also to Dodgee.

As the ACL qualifier is hard coded how would people feel about using the editor to add you country as having a qualifier. You would have to reach a certain achievement before you did this. My idea is I am going to Hong Kong, I win the Asian Confederation Cup then you can add Honk Kong to have an ACL place. You must also have to have to won the league title 5 times. Thoughts people? This could also be taken down to the Presidents Cup, I think this is a decent idea as it could then be possible to compete in this challenge in some wonderful and weird countries

I have edited the OP to reflect this

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2014 Review - Meixian Kejia in the Chinese First Division

League Table | Past Positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Not too shabby for a first season! I decided to take the same approach as previous years; lots of men behind the ball, bully the opposition on the pitch, bully their manager off the pitch, and strike with quick counters whenever possible. With Xu Wei up front outpacing most defences, this worked above all expectations. Pretty much everyone in the First Division hates us, but hey, with odds like these I'll take success by any means I can!

I tried to keep new signings to a minimum for now but couldn't avoid strengthening a couple of positions. Chen Lei slotted into a defensive midfield role, Huang Xiaolin into the central defence, Sun Shuhao on the left, and Huang Zhiyuan between the posts. No one super-special, but can't argue with those average ratings.

The finances look terrible. I think I'm going to have to hope my chairman can sort it out given we're spending peanuts compared to the other teams and big transfers are out of the question. I'm really not looking forward to the next couple of months - the contracts of every single player in the team expire at the end of the year. :(

Aim for next season: Bully agents into contract renewals. Bully our way into 5th or better again.

Season   League                    Finish   Achievements
2014     Chinese First Division    5th      -

Solid first season Scab :thup:

I've noticed the same with contracts in my Uruguay save - most players refuse to sign for longer than one season and quite a few will only accept 6 month deals! Perhaps once you are more established/promoted, it will be easier to tie players down.

Hi guys,

Planning to have a go at this challenge for my first save this year. I was going to start in South Korea, but there doesn't appear to be any relegation from the second division (Challenge). Not sure how this would affect picking teams if you wanted to start there?

Sha Tin Sports Association

shatin.gif

Sha Tin SA are proud to announce Xiang Yu as their new manager. Fans of the club will hope he can lead the newly promoted team to success in the Hong Kong First Division.

According to Wikipedia, Sha Tin is home to Snoopy's World, the "first Peanuts outdoor playground in Asia". Definitely made the right choice then!

For those interested, the league reset date is 1st August and Tai Po and Tai Chung are the most common teams to come up.

Season 2015 Review - Meixian Kejia in the Chinese First Division

My contract renewal concerns turned out to be overblown as almost everyone who mattered came around once their deals were about to expire. I even found room to bring a few new faces in, the most notable being Li Wei. Not exactly the most mobile striker in the world, but that aerial ability is killer at this level. 25 goals speaks for itself. Xu Wei couldn't quite shine as brightly as last season without the super-quick counters, but his partnership with Li scores us more as a team.

3rd is an amazing finish, but damn, seeing that positions graph is not a good feeling. I feel like this was our big chance to step up before feeling the effects of reverting to semi-pro to avoid bankruptcy. Talk about the worst possible season to fall apart at the finish line. I'd really like to avoid taking a step backward already.

Aim for next season: Push hard for promotion. I signed almost everyone on 2-year deals so I have one last shot with this squad.

2015     Chinese First Division    3rd      -

Well, ****. I was wrong and 7 of my players and 5 staff members were on expiring contracts. The board timely cut the wage budget in half, preventing renewal. I'm left with a squad of 15 and a fitness coach, and we're still over budget. Can't sign anyone because the board blocks all contracts. First Division rules prevent me from fielding youngsters (minimum age restriction) and there are no coaches to train the seniors. Can't (mutually) release anyone to make room in the budget because the board refuses to pay compensation.

I may actually have to find buyers for some of the remaining key players just to afford a coach and some nobodies to fill out the squad. :(

Man, poor finances are brutal this year.

Season 2016 Review - Meixian Kejia in the Chinese First Division

Well so much for all my whingeing and early-season worries! Rather than sell off the thin squad to bolster it in numbers, I just risked having to field some greys and crossed my fingers that the lack of coaching wouldn't be a critical issue. Luckily we had a season of few injuries and despite everyone being unhappy with their training, we certainly did just fine on the pitch!

I figured it was either do or die and took a much more attacking approach than last season. 55 goals between the strikers speaks for itself as we smashed our way to the top, breaking the league goalscoring record in the process.

Thanks to a mid-season board takeover, we actually seem to have dodged the worst of the financial problems too. No investments, but hey, back in the black! We'll see what the loan means for the long term finances. The new chairman provided me with a transfer budget, money that quickly got shifted over to wages. Contract renewals en masse and upcoming squad crisis averted! He's since injected money twice to keep us afloat, so I'm pretty hopeful!

Aim for next season: Stay up.

2016     Chinese First Division    1st      -
2015     Chinese First Division    3rd      -

Sha Tin SA - 14/15 mid-season update

I had to hire a brand new squad to start the season with in Hong Kong, with the limited players I did have not up to the task. Surprisingly, the only two decent players I started with were both 15 year old newgen DMs, with the better of the two expected to be a star in the future. He has slotted straight into the first 11 to get experience, but other than that I have a brand new team.

The quality of the league is very low, but the club's low reputation has made it difficult to bring any really good players in. The quality of the HK nationality players is shocking, with all of the other teams effectively having 'marquee' foreginers to up the quality, normally in attack. I've managed to bring in a couple myself, but they are only slightly ahead of the rest of the team.

Currently sitting 10th out of 12th after 11 games, only leaping out the relegation zone with a surprising win against the former league leaders in my previous game. The squad seems to be gelling well though, and hopefully I might be able to improve my results in the second half of the season.

Full update at the end of the season.

Nice progress so far Scab - hopefully next season will be the season for promotion.

Good luck with the rest of your season Wellyboo - the first couple of seasons in HK can be tough (I managed there in FM10) but once you up your rep and can poach some players of the toher clubs, things start to turn around :)

Sha Tin 14/15 Season Review

Final Position - 12th - RELEGATED

Squad - League Table - Transfers - Finances

League

We finished 4 points adrift of safety after the final day, which was completely deserved following an abysmal end to the season, with no wins, one draw and six losses. I was fairly confident at the middle of the season, so it was incredibly frustrating to play so poorly in the final third of the season. What went wrong?

1. Non-existent away form. We lost every single game away from home and were never competitive.

2. Striker injury crisis. It was no coincidence that my star striker Olokigbe was injured at the start of our collapse, only returning for the final few minutes of the final game. We looked impotent in front of goal, and the injury to my backup striker in the final few games only added insult to injury.

3. Poor squad. I was unable to build a squad to compete with the other teams. I was hoping to cling on until the end of the season, and hopefully gain a rep boost to attract some better players, but it wasn't to be.

4. I am a terrible manager.

Cups

FA Cup - Reached semi final

League cup - Finalists

Senior Shield - Out first round

Performance in the cups was much better than in the leagues. Reaching the league cup final was a great achievement, where we faced South China and I had little hope. Drawing after 90 minutes, I was hoping to cling on for penalties. However, South China won after 90 due to being the higher seeded team (I came through the Losers Stage). Oops.

Star Player - Chan Liu Yun

My star winger was pretty nifty with free kicks, and scored from a few mazy runs down the right flank. Along with Olokigbe, who managed an impressive 17 goals in 23 games, he was one of the few players to come out of the campaign with any sort of dignity.

Relegated, I think I will call the challenge quits for now and maybe give it a go in South America. May have another go in a few months. I'll keep track of the thread though to see how Scab and hopefully a few others get on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

16503.png

Hebei Zhongji – 2014 - Chinese National Division 1

Graph

Table

Very good season for us.

We stayed ahead of the drop zone for most of the season and a very good end to the year put us at the top of our little mini league.

A few more wins and I could have shot up the league table.

Cups – Loss in the opening round.

Transfers - Lots of new faces came into the squad, a fair few faces left.

Finances - Loosing cash

Intake- Bloody brilliant

Season Stars

Dong Fangzhuo – Big time former Manure player, was amazing this year.

Dideir Njewel - Fantastic midfield player who did very well first year in here.

Wu Changqui – Superb partner for Dong who did good when he played for us.

Career Overview

Season      Club            League        Points    Position     Cup      Continental   Avg Att      Notes    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014      Zhongji    First Division        30       12th     Rnd 2        N/A           5259       Survial     

International

No job for me yet

Season      Nation    Ranking   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014       China      70th

Next Season

Another year of survival and adding some new faces, as ever I would like to get more points than this year and continue to grow the club.

16503.png

Hebei Zhongji – 2015 - Chinese National Division 1

Graph

Table

Never in any threat of troubling either end of the table, I this year have been the picture of a mid table team, we have done superb this year. I lost a few games that I should have won, other than that it has been a really good season.

I am happy with this year.

Cups – Couple of superb wins for us before going out to one of the big Chinese clubs.

Transfers - Bit of a change but less than last year, I am going to try and stay out of the market as much as possible for now as I want to bring in more of my youth squad.

Finances - Money is slipping out of the club fast, the new chairman has not been able to stop this happening.

Intake- Another fantastic intake for us, superb young group of lads coming through

Season Stars

Dong Fangzhuo – Another fantastic season from our biggest name. He is out of contract next year and I am unsure if to keep him or not as he will be 31, I will see how he gets on in the early part of the year and make my decision.

Wu Wei'an - An old hand in the middle of the park, he had a good season but is an ild player, I am going to let him go in the off season and will bring up one of my younger players.

Wu Changqui – Another great season for this lad, he goes as a bit of an unsung hero working with Dong, but he really works hard and is a superb part of our squad.

Career Overview

Season      Club            League        Points    Position     Cup      Continental   Avg Att      Notes    
2014      Zhongji    First Division        30       12th         Rnd 2        N/A           5259       Survial     
2015      Zhongji    First Division        43       8th          Rnd 4        N/A           5084

International

Quick edit: two days after doing this report, I was offered the China Under 19 post. I have taken it and will be looking to qualify for the Under 19 Asian Games

2015       China      41st

Next Season

I would like to push for a top 5 finish next year, I would also like to get some of the yooungsters that I have brought in really kick on next year and get a starting spot in the team.

16503.png

Hebei Zhongji – 2016 - Chinese National Division 1

Graph

Table

All things considered this year went bloody well. We started off in the same fashion as we did the year before, but we did have a fair few injuries to contend with so I was not overly concerned by this poor start. Around the middle of the year we began to get a decent run together as our more first team players came back into the scene.

We continued our flying form right until the end of the year and it resulted in a league title for us. I was amazed at how well we had done this year and how nicely everything came together, it was really great to see how so many of the younger players came into the squad and really did well for us.

I changed the tactics slightly part way through the year as I decided to bring a slightly more quick attacking game plan. We set up in a 4-1-3-2 formation with our two full backs providing the only width. I have one creative player in the centre of the three midfield players. I will be looking to stifle some of the freedom next year in an attempt to get results against the bigger teams in the Super League.

Cups – In the Cup we did fantastically well. We won an easy first round against a god awful side and should have in all reality scored a lot more goals against them. In the second round we met our parent club (although I suspect that will read former at the new league reset date). What a stormer of a match it was as it was very close all the way through, both teams seemed to disregard the defence. In the end we squeaked through to play the biggest team in China. They were obviously too good for us as we got out played, which was all that could be expected.

Transfers - Transfers was a bit of a mixed bag for us. I got a fair bit of cash from sales of a couple of youngsters, I was gutted about letting them go but I felt that other prospects were slightly better, I also added a 30% sell on fee so if they do make it big then I should get a decent cut. Mainly older players left the squad. I added a couple of players in positions of absolute need some to add depth and a couple of youngsters who would challenge the starting 11.

Finances - Finances are not looking too good at all for us really, we seem to be loosing cash left right and centre at the moment which is not great at all for us at the moment. I am hoping next year in the top league this will stem the tide slightly, but I am fearful that some more of my young stars may need to be sold to keep the bottom line a bit more healthy.

Intake- Another belter for us

Season Stars

Dong Fangzhuo – I signed him up for another year, but as I feared he dropped off. He has not quiet been the same Dong as that has been in the squad for the last few years. He still remains one of the best players in my team but compared to his previous seasons he has dropped back a little bit. I signed him up for a years deal and I would expect that years deal to run its course then I would look to let him go.

Kim Dong Hyuk - My young Korean right back was an absolute star for me this year, in the slight change of formation it allowed him to press forward and become a greater threat moving forward. So often during games he got forward and become a real threat to the opposition. I was certain he was going to improve but I was not expecting him to improve so dramatically over the off season. I hope his improvement continues for the remainder of his seasons with me.

Wu Changqui – Finally he stepped up and took the place of Dong, simply put he had an amazing year. He is now my number one striker, although I am unsure how well he will do in the top flight. He will get his chance after such a fantastic year, he was particularly fantastic in the FA cup where he broke the record the most goals scored for the club in the FA Cup.

Career Overview

2014      Zhongji    First Division        30       12th         Rnd 2        N/A           5259       Survial     
2015      Zhongji    First Division        43       8th          Rnd 4        N/A           5084
2016      Zhongji    First Division        58       1st          Rnd 4        N/A           5276        Promotion

International

International Record

On the international scene I was amazed at how well things went for us. We had a decent start with wins in our qualifying group to progress into the Under 19 Asia cup. We lost out to Mongolia in a friendly which was particularly embarrassing. We also did not perform well at all against some other low ranked opposition. All this meant that once the tournament came round I was not particularly confident of a good showing. I changed my tactics at this point to my more original slower more thoughtful build up that I had disregarded at club level. This was proven to be a good decision, we lost out initially to a very decent Japanese squad in a very close game that could have gone either way. We demolished our remaining opponents in the group to get a good hold of second spot.

In the next round we played on of the pre tournament favourites in Saudi Arabia, again another fantastic performance saw us through to face old foes Japan in the semi finals. We got past these and nudged past Australia to win the Tournament.

I am going to stick with this side until July time after the Under 20 world cup, at this stage I am unsure what I will do. I am almost certain that I will leave the Under 19 post, I would look to return to manage a different Chinese squad in the future though.

2015       China      41st
2016       China      62nd

Next Season

Next season, I would like to stay up, I don’t really have any other aims other than this. I would like to continue blooding the youngsters and add a few select players to my squad as I do not feel that it is good enough yet to compete at the highest level.

On the international front it would be to enjoy the World Cup and hopefully get out of the group stage, this of course will be very much dependant on the draw.

Well, here it goes.

onerl26.jpg

United Sikkim- Preview

Here I am, the the new manager of United Sikkim F.C.. United Sikkim, known as The Snow Lions, is an Indian football club based in Gangtok, Sikkim.

The club, which was founded in 2011, is the only club from Sikkim to play in the Indian League and the second club from North East India. The club is owned by Baichung Bhutia, the best player ever to come out of this massive country.

They play in Paljor Stadium of Sikkim, which has a capacity of 25,000(look at the awesome view guys!).

Club Information

Training Facilities, apart from Youth Recruitment, all are pretty poor.

onerl26.jpg

Indian National Football League:

United Sikkim- 2014-15 Season Update

Odds for United Sikkim

Graph

League Table

JUST AWESOME! Runners-up in the 1st season, where we were deemed to be surely relegated! Our form was pretty bad at first, picking up 4 points in first 5 matches. But with time, our season soon became better. We even went through a 5 month unbeaten run in all competitions. I am pretty amazed at how this season turned out, how nicely everything came together, how many of the players, who got released from other clubs for not being good enough, gave such great performance. Although at last, I was disappointed in not getting the league title, but East Bengal was too good.

Indian Durand Cup:

Got out in 1st round, although the Board expected us to be just competitive here, so no harm done.

Indian Federation Cup:

Champion!. The club's second silverware in history and the first cup championship! Great day for supporters!

Asian Confederation Cup:

Winning the Federations cup allowed us to participate in this season's Confederations Cup.

Group Stage

Again great! We were expected to be the last of the group stage, which was a tough one, possessing teams such as Kitchee. However we defied all odds by becoming group champion, undefeated.

Second Round

After a 3-1 defeat at home in 1st leg, we fought back with a 5-3 victory away in 2nd leg, thus we are though quarter final on away goals.

Quarter-Final

1-0 away victory against Iraqi side Al-Zawra's in 1st leg, then endured a dreadful 1-5 home defeat in the 2nd leg. There ends our fairy-tale. :(

Despite finishing with such a heavy loss, we still manged to defy odds and go to quarter-final. :)

Fixtures:

First Part

Second Part

Finances:

Regular cash investment and prize money we got from league and Confederations Cup kept us alive.

Summary

Income

Expenditure

Facility Upgrade:

Board decided to upgrade the junior coaching facility after several request, now its adequate

Transfers:

Transfers In

The squad was pretty thin at first, having no backup at almost all positions. So I had to make quite a few signings, although tried to keep it minimum. Needless to say, every signings were decent at least.

Transfers Out

Apart from the last one, whose contract was mutually terminated, all were done before I came.

Awards won

Managed to get the Head Coach of the Year Award, after such a wonderful season. :D

3rd place in the Indian National League Fair Play Award

Aim for Next Season

2 of my players retired, also defense was terrible, conceding the second highest goal in the league, where we scored the most. So need to make some new signings for defense. Also released some players who were not that great. I just hope I don't fall a victim to second season syndrome. Just hope I can have a successful season like this.

• 3 weeks later...
Fantastic first season mate.

Its good fun in India I have played there a few times. Also has the added bonus of being able to get into the Champions League. Good luck with the next season

Thanks mate. Which team did you play with before?

2nd season done too. Will update after preparing the screenshots. Updated the content of 1st season too.

Wait, how can I play in champions league with an Indian Team? Only 2 teams can play in Confederations cup, with no team taking part in Champions League.

onerl26.jpg

Indian National Football League:

United Sikkim- 2015-16 Season Update

7-4 Odd to Win the League

League Position Graph

Final League Table

Champions! :D With 2 game weeks left, we were on level with Mohun Bagan and they met us in home. We managed to win the game, and sealed the trophy. Although a derby loss against Lajong did surely hurt us. :(

Indian Durand Cup:

Group Stage

Semi-Final and Final

Winner! Although it was pretty easy, as we were the only top flight side to play for some reason. Nevertheless, Board wanted us to win this and we surely delivered.

Indian Federation Cup:

Group Stage

Semi-Final and Final

Two back to back Federations Cup victory. :D Although, seemed like almost all other big clubs failed and that made our victory easy, especially since we had to play final against a second tier side United SC.

Indian Super Cup:

Fourth Trophy of the year! It was not on priority list, but a win is a win, especially after enduring a tough victory against East Bengal. :)

Asian Confederation Cup:

Group Stage

Second Round

Winning the Federations cup allowed us to participate in Confederations Cup.

Group stage was fairly easy, became group champions, although Yangon Utd was almost close. We became group champion only due to goal difference.

Second round was against Kitchee. We won the game 1-0 in home, then lost 1-0 away in 2nd leg. 30 minutes extra time followed and both team failed to find the net. Then after a long tie breaker, we managed to go into quarter-final, beating Kitchee 14-13 on penalties.

Fixtures:

First Part

Second Round

Finances:

Summary

Income

Expenditure

Transfers:

Transfers: Season 2014-15

Transfers: Season 2015-16

Transfer activities have always been relied on freebies. I have never managed to make a signing which cost me money. Although, truth to be spoken, with almost all players opting for a contract of 1 year duration only, I just have to snap them when 6 months remain in contract.

Awards won:

Goalkeeper of the Year

This was a surprising one. Chingkhei Singh was my second choice keeper, but he got a run in when the first choice became injured. And he took this chance, establishing himself as the first choice after a string of great performances. Good to see an academy guy getting this award.

Defender of the year

Ex-international Anwar was snapped as a free transfer, and he soon proved his worth.

Midfielder of the Year

I was at first confused about signing this English-Indian at first, because of the huge wage he wanted. Eventually, after failing to find a suitable playmaker in the market, I signed Aman. And well, he was a huge reason we won four trophys, helping us with a string of great performance in the hole.

League Footballer of the Year

Nigerian under 21 international Pyagabara was awarded this after consistent great performance from right wing.

Indian Fair Play Award

This time, we managed to win it.

Head Coach of the Year

Two times in a row!!

Average Attendance

Highest reputed club in India right now

Last Words

Well, this save has turned out to be my best ever. All things, such as tactics and transfers have clicked properly. Although this successful campaign has happened mainly due to the incredible form of Frederick Ofori Acheampong and Christian Pyagbara. I hope we can hold them for long time, though both will surely want huge wages afterwards, which I may not afford.

Captain, Leader, Legend Bhaichung Bhutia decided to hang up his boots. He will be a big miss.

• 3 months later...

I'll try to post something up for the FM15 challenge by the end of the week. :)

It'll be Asia-only though, because well I know nothing about Africa. :D

I also won't be participating in the FM15 version, because I like journeymans a lot more these days.

I do hope there's interest in this, or is everyone into European SC2BC saves? TBH, there hasn't been a lot of interest since the first year of this challenge.....

Apparently the Asian coefficients are dynamic in FM15 so you can get mighty Kyrgyz teams in the champions league for example. I might give it a go at some point for this :D

If that's right, small nations in Asia have just become a whole lot more interesting.

Will add India back onto my list of games to play. ;)

Archived