PGC: Going Dutch for FM14

Well, After getting relegated with JVC I have now gone to the newly promoted UNA (no I have never heard of them either). They have about 2 players I might keep for backup and might actually play but apart from that I will be bringing a whole new team to UNA... After getting into Jupilar, they have become full-time... this does mean they wernt spending much to start with but it also means that I will have the smallest wage budget in history to work with. I have increased it by reducing transfer budget but I am gonna have to raid loan markets I think.

Going to be a long hard season (hoping I make it the whole way through). I have no expectations so hopefully they stick with me.... only goal I have is to stay in front of 1 non B side

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

breda-dk.png

Well... The Dane is back with an update and review of last season!

Last season

Last season was my first at NAC Breda - having joined after beeing laid off in VVV Venlo (Those ****heads! I liked that club)... Since I joined the club with only the last half of the Winter transfer window still open, I decided not to do anything significant for the final half of the season, as I didn't have time to get a good enough feel for the club to strengthen any positions.

Well, the final half had both ups and downs - and we managed to secure a playoff spot on the final game day!

I didn't have high hopes for the playoffs, as I had lost most games against the other teams that were in it. So I though I would go out in the first round.

But we managed to get through. In the second run Zwolle from Eredivisie, where I lost 6 - 7!

New season

For the new season we're expected to finish amongst the top teams, and while that seems to be a difficult task, since most of the teams that finished above us in the previous season are still here, I won't dismiss anything until I see how my new team gets off...

I'm saying new team, since I been a busy man during the transfer window. I will likely only be starting 2-3 players from the previous season...

Below is a screenshot of the activities of the window... But one or two changes might still happen in the final days.

10-02-transfers.png

Tonights Movers And Shakers

Vasy has not had a good night slipping from 11th to 16th.

Stu has moved up 5 places to 3rd with Chewy dropping 5 places finding himself 12th

Steve's climbed from 13th to 6th after going the night unbeaten.

Jonas has dropped from 7th to 14th.

Joe ended the night 12th falling 7 places.

Only those who climb 5 places (Movers) and fall 5 places (Shakers) in the league on each game day will make this daily post.

(Insert badge here)

STEVE - FC DEN SLOSCH

I just checked and the last time I posted a proper update on my side I was moaning about being on the verge of being sacked.

Last season was up and down. Or more like down then up, but not up enough. We finished the season strongly having moulded the guys into a decent team by the end of the season. We looked a strong side and we got through to the playoff final for the first time. Unfortunately, Crossey got Sparta, who I would have beaten easily, and I got zwolle. They were too strong and beat us home and away. After dispatching Helmond 7-1 on agg in the semis, I was perhaps too overconfident.

(Insert fixtures here)

The cup, as usual, was not a priority and out we went without much fuss.

Finances get worse every year. We now have debts of £3m not be balance sheet and £13m long term. Again the wage bill was cut. So I had to wheel and deal. Just when I had a decent side together, and just needed a little bit more, I was having to sell good players and gamble on unproven ones.

(Insert team of the year here)

I sold my keeper for £100k. I had a better man in mind for free and he didn't come. Neither did anyone else until just before deadline day, when we secured Jamie's old keeper Kurto. We sold our 3 first choice cbs. So we've got a new look defence. We've sold our DM for good money and have reshuffled the midfield. We've got New wingers.

(Insert transfers here)

All in all there's been substantial changes. It's pretty much impossible to win the Jupiter if we constantly have to sell half our side and rebuild every summer. It takes us a while to get going again after that, by which time we're just happy to make the playoffs.

Whilst the finances get worse, all we can do is to continue to land playoff positions and hope for some good luck.

Steve

Stuart –RKC

23iszmf.jpg

When I last left you we was about to hit the summer window and boy did I hit the window hard. For the first time I had room to weel and deal the way I wanted and for once the board let me get on with it and not block me in any way. In end the I signed 13 new players and below are there names and stats.

k47ecy.png

x6lgdj.png

15yzp7k.png

282njia.png

34dlb86.png

4tlr1u.png

6z6heb.jpg

i3ysm1.png

2mxpouo.png

rb05dl.png

20gjrxu.png

vzbz7t.png

vzbz7t.jpg

2mfnp94.png

9h7zt5.png

THIS SEASON

After just a good summer I felt like I my side could keep pace with the top 5 again and try and break into the top 3 for the first time. This will be a hard task for any manager outside the big 5 as there is a big gap, be it money, fanbase or simply infrastructure. I have a ground that holds 11,250 and I cant even sell it out week in week out, the fanbase is growing but not fast enough for me to try and push onto the next level.

Season so far

As you can see I’ve had solid start and I am matching the top teams as best I can. I have only beat FC Twente this season when it comes to the big 5 but have held my own with good draw against PSV and Haag. But I still lose to in Ajax and Feyenoord who are in a league of there own.

2hhnfuo.png

When we start again Monday I find myself at home against Table toppers Heernenveen who have been the surprise team so far this season.

Well that’s you upto date on a busy week of PGC CLAN.

More soon

2uqlsth.png

3n07.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

The weeks session ended just short of the halfway stage and we find ourselves sitting in 3rd place. I'm surprised we are that high to be honest as we have lost almost as many games at this stage of the season than we did in the whole of the last campaign. A play-off berth is still the aim come the end of the season.

On the finances front things are not looking that good with the club £750,000 in the red and so I might need to off load some of the better players either in the winter window or come the summer.

In the Dutch Cup we are through to the 4th Round after wins over Feyenoord and HSC'21 and we now travel to Rotterdam to face Erividise strugglers Sparta.

Until Next Time........

Nice to see Heerenveen back on top !!

Doing really well Stu and Jamie u2 seem to be working miracles with they clubs and Ali top notch as usual winning another cup hope you get the job u desire after years of quality stuff.

Enjoy reading this and seeing how it progresses bookies have Chewy at 1/3 to quit before the new patch .!!

Steamboat/Ali/Rumble Stiltskin - Formerly De Graafschap

The season concluded with my second Dutch Cup win and I went into the 6th season in clan elated and optimistic. Never have I been sent crashing to earth in such a fashion in FM. 10 games in, we had grabbed 5 points, 9 penalties against and 7 red cards. Quite possibly a combination of my back three all being over the age of 31 (with their speed dropping off a cliff) and the AI finally working out how to counter my 532 formation. I was constantly being overloaded on the flanks and pressed all over the park. The void left from selling Anco Jansen was obvious to see and nearly impossible to fill. Although I felt Diakite had done a solid job in that central midfield (support) role, he never once burst forward unmarked. Something Jansen was excellent at (influenced by his PPMs) and something I should have considered, only realising too late that my front two strikers had very little support from the ball playing central midfield trio.

I still look back on my 5 years with De Graaf with a fondness. I was never below 'secure' once after winning promotion to the top flight and my board were perhaps one of the most understanding I have ever encountered in FM. 2 Cup wins and a Jupiler League win in 5 seasons isn't a bad return in my books, but it was, however, time to leave. I'd been found out and (in an attempt to save my reputation) I'll go away and have a tactical rethink before making my return (hopefully with a top flight club).

UNA - Well after my 1st half a season in charge of UNA, there has been some ups and downs but the important part of the season has yet to come. Main problem I have is conceding far too much against other relegation candidates. I expect to lose 5 - 0 the main teams but not to Telstar. The dog fight is now well n truly on!

emmen-flag.png

The Dane is back with another update!

After a terrible, terrible start to the season with NAC Breda, the inevitable happened - I was fired! I was finally beginning to feel at home at the club, after having had a decent transfer window and brought in a whopping amount of players. But I truly deserved that sacking, as we were really struggling in the league. I probably shouldn't have taken on a club where the ambitions where as high as with NAC Breda, where their criteria for success was promotion, when the top of the Jupiler League is so close as it is in our game. That being said, I was hopefull to turn it around in time before I was sacked, but it didn't happen.

fired-nac.png

Since this was my second sacking in a short time, I decided to take a page from Paul's book and take on a side where the expectations weren't that high. So the choice fell on FC Emmen. A side in the low end of the Jupiler League. A side that basically is happy if I just survive in the league. Unfortunately I have been blessed previously with taking over sides that had decent players already, but this is certainly not the case with Emmen.

The quality of the players is shocking. I don't think I have just 1 player that would even have been considered for a place on the bench at my former club, NAC Breda.

Despite the shocking levels of my players, I however did have a positive cup game where we made it into ET against Heerenveen, and only just lost by one goal. But the prospects for this season are that good. We have a weak side, and I simply just want to get through this season and survive in the league, which I'm hoping is manageable if I don't get too many injuries to my main 11. We have a few important games against the other relegation sides soon, and we finish the season against them as well - so those games will soon give me an idea of how plausible it is to stay in the league.

Unfortunately the prospects of bolstering my squad in the coming transfer window isn't very good, since we basically are skint, broke, have no money - so unless I can find a decent player on free, it's looking like I'll have to manage with the ***** I have at the moment...

That's all for now. I'll be back with another update next week - hopefully with some positive news with some important wins and a bargain or two on the free market.

hired-emmen.png

o29w.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

Its been a good night for Eindhoven after starting the night in second place and 4pts behind the leaders. After clawing back the deficit our last game was against joint leaders Den Bosch and after goals from Makiavala and Jovanovic we find ourselves sitting in pole position with a 3pt lead after a 2-0 win.

A play off place is already guaranteed after winning stage 4 of the playoffs stages.

Until next Time.......

Steamboat/Ali/Rumple Stiltskin - Feyenoord

Just a couple of months after my resignation, the Feyenoord head coach is inexplicably sacked and I immediately threw my hat into the ring. This was followed by a surprisingly successful job interview, which lead to a job offer of one of the biggest sides in Holland.

6 or 7 games into my job I find 1st place in the Eredivise slipping away (now 8 points behind the leaders Heerenveen), but we've extended the gap to third and fourth, which gives me a bit of respite from the board who expect a title challenge minimum. 2nd place however, is my target this season. Only 1st and 2nd qualify for the Champions League and right now the Champions League money would be very helpful in our push to make Feyenoord the dominant side in the Eredivisie.

A solid win against Genoa (3-0 on aggregate) in the Europa League 1st Round Knockout stages sees me exceed my boards expectation for this competition. I'd love to win another trophy in clan, especially since I've only won the Europa League once over 3 FM Clan games, but ultimately the league must come first in order to secure 2nd.

VVVclub_zpse90e7640.png

We'll after get VVV I thought on first look they seemed like a decent side that needed one or two adjustments to make a mid table finish but oh how wrong I was just as players say without a pre season they find hitting the ground running harder than others who do have a pre season I felt the same with my side without any real friendlies to judge and time to judge the squad I was fighting fires all along the way. I tried to sign as many quality players as I could to try and get my squad on a consistant run.

Sadly with hardly any backing from the chairman in terms of wages it was always an uphill task that in the end cost me my job.

Roda_zps847e46ac.png

With being sacked by VVV I now find myself in the Jup but with on first impressions a must stronger side in Roda who at the min are in the playoffs and not far off pushing for the title. I have made a few key signings so far through the spine of the side and hopefully these little tweaks can see us over the line for a play off place at the very least. Although it might take time to get my own side in place I'm quite confident going forward and hopefully with a pre season under my belt in the summer I can get my own side in place.

Stuart - FREE AT LAST

Free from a club that won't help itself in anyway shape or form. After Finishing 6th the last 2 season you would of thought the board would trust me to do my own thing when it came to youth set up but no. after asking them for a 5th!! time to upgrade they said no, i pushed them into a corner and questioned there ambision they rejected that ( remember i asked the 5 time before ) so they really left me no choice but to leave. It's a shame i because the team i have built is more than good enough to stay around the top half for years to come and the board seem to happy with that.

Looking to the Future i hope to get a bigger and better side than i have had

WATCH THIS SPACE!

With only 8 games left in the Jupiler and 5 human sides in the top 6 tonight could turn into crazy session.

Here's the remaining fixtures for the those in top 6.

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

g8ih.png

Steve - Den Bosch

gnmj.png

Jack - Almere

h2bv.png

Chewy - Roda JC

jx66.png

Joe - Excelsior

m5gn.png

FINAL JUPITER TABLE

CZ8yDFY.png

So let's break it down for promotion purposes.

Andy - well done - Champions - he's up.

Steve, Jack and Joe, along with Hercules (sic - I'm western, not greek) go into round 2.

Round 1 is between Helmand (sic) Province and Mark Chewy and then Fortuna and Breda.

The winners will play the two relegated sides (still to be decided); whilst Steve plays Joe and Jack plays Hercules.

More to follow (if I win :p)

Jupiler Team Stats 2018/19

Goals Scored

oaxr.png

Least Goals Conceded

eitj.png

Goals From Corners

sb3m.png

Goals From IFK's

moyk.png

Goals From DFK'S

4vx3.png

Penalties Scored

4uy9.png

Yellow Cards

4xam.png

Red Cards

gjl7.png

Average Attendance

m8zl.png

Average Attendance By Percentage (%)

wh6l.png

Stadium Sellouts

kruo.png

Net Transfer Spend

l9fl.png

Salary Per Annum

2ewu.png

Eredivisie Team Stats 2018/19

Goals Scored

rf59.png

Least Goals Conceded

0buy.png

Goals From Corners

7gen.png

Goals From IFK's

u8lp.png

Goals From DFK'S

l3w6.png

Penalties Scored

xr0h.png

Yellow Cards

mjp2.png

Red Cards

ixo8.png

Average Attendance

q50r.png

Average Attendance By Percentage (%)

9fec.png

Stadium Sellouts

668t.png

Net Transfer Spend

evbb.png

Salary Per Annum

gbjs.png

Vasy - Willem II

After the promotion, we had a quite good first half of the season, relatively far from the relegation places which was very pleasing to me considering the lack of quality and very wages compared to the competition.

But then the inevitable came. Again, just like in the previous 2 seasons, I had a terrible start after the winter break. Injuries and absolutely stupid goals were really frustrating. I think I couldn't win a single league game in about 4 months. I was pretty much expecting to be in the relegation playoffs. Luckily, we had some wins in the very last games and ended up 14th which is more I could have wished for at the very beginning of the season.

My biggest home-grown talent wouldn't talk to me about his contract which was about to expire within a couple of weeks. But then suddenly he changed his mind and I'm glad I can keep him.

Other than that, finances are really good now and my wage budget is slightly better than in the previous season which offers me some possibilities. The board even granted my request to finally improve our training facilities.

Now I'm trying to replace some players and strengthen the squad. I will definitely need a new striker and possibly some wingers and a CD.

All in all I expect the upcoming season to be a better one. I hope we can manage to always be somewhere in the middle of the table, far from the relegation.

PGC : Going Dutch Manager Stats.

We have just finished season 6 of the Dutch Leagues so here are some manager stats. Only the latest profile of managers is shown.

Career Stats

678o.png

Manager Reputation

xzcf.png

Landmarks

aipg.png

Players Bought

wv71.png

Players Sold

tce0.png

Highest Fee Received

9hmg.png

Highest Fee Spent

d4hf.png

Season Six

Congratulations to Andy, who in season 6, clinched the Jupiler League title from under his rivals noses. It was a tight season, with Steve leading the way for the majority, before a late surge from Jack and finally Andy saw him victorious. The following season saw Andy successfully fight relegation and he now prepares for his second stint in the Eredivisie, with the aim of pushing on for a mid-table position. Congratulations to Joe also, who managed to claw his way into the Eredivise after victory in the Jupiler play-offs. A feat managed only once before in clan. His first season in the Eredivisie was not as successful however, and unfortunately received the sack after a run of defeats saw him bottom of the table.

RoMkey4.jpg

saka.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

The minnows of Eindhoven are back in the big league after it turned out to be fantastic season for us claiming the title by a 6pt margin. (See previous posts for the league table)

Since taking over in Jan 2014 its been work in progress and each year we have improved our finishing position and now finally we have hit the top spot.

ctod.png

At the start of the season I had a battle with the board over the clubs No1 Goalkeeper Pim Ten Loeke at the time RKC who where managed by Stu were putting a 1M Pound offer on the table (Only valued around 60K) which would have cleared the clubs debts but i was determined to keep him as I knew if I'd let him go I wouldn't have a chance of gaining promotion. This turned out be an inspired choice of judgement as you all well know.

The whole squad played well when called upon but here are my best 5 performers this season.

Lamine Abrahamsson

The 24yr old Swede only started 26 games in which he scored 7 goals and had 15 assists with an ave rating of 7.51. I'm hoping he can step-up his game for the Erividise and be as influential in the upcoming season as we was this.

59l8.png

Yoann Barbet

The French CB had a fantastic season with his goalscoring efforts getting 9 goals in his 36 appearances.

q5np.png

Pim Ten Loeke

Hoping for international honours soon the next Martin Steklenberg was worth keeping. Couldn't manage last seasons achievement of 15 clean sheets but won us a heap load of points with his performances.

50yw.png

Wessel Dammers

The clubs top scorer this season with 17 goals in 31 games.

8rup.png

Sheraldo Becker

Only played in 18 games with 12 starts and scored 11 goals.

xmpo.png

So the new season will soon be upon us and I'm not kidding my self its going to be tough to stay in the division or even stop myself getting the sack but we'll give it a could go and see what happens.

Until Next Time.......

Archived