FM14: S.S. Lazio

Vipertitan

Welcome

to the Official Thread of the Biancocelesti aka Società Sportiva Lazio

250px-SS_Laziosvg_zps913fda78.png

S.S. Lazio

Welcome to the SS LAZIO thread for the Good Player & Team Guide.

History

Current season

Società Sportiva Lazio, (BIT: SSL) commonly referred to as Lazio (Italian pronunciation: [ˈlatt͡sjo]), is a professional Italian sports club based in Rome, most known for its football activity. The society, founded in 1900, play in the Serie A and have spent most of their history in the top tier of Italian football. Lazio have been Italian champions twice, and have won the Coppa Italia six times, the Supercoppa Italiana three times, and both the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Super Cup on one occasion.

The club had their first major success in 1958, winning the domestic cup. In 1974 they won their first Serie A title. The past fifteen years have been the most successful period in Lazio’s history, seeing them win the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Super Cup in 1999, the Serie A title in 2000, several domestic cups and reaching their first UEFA Cup final in 1998.

Lazio's traditional kit colours are sky blue shirts and white shorts with white socks. Their home is the 72,689 capacity Stadio Olimpico in Rome, which they share with A.S. Roma. Lazio have a long-standing rivalry with Roma, with whom they have contested the Derby della Capitale (in English "Derby of the capital" or Rome derby) since 1929.

Lazio is also a sports club that participate in forty sports disciplines in total, more than any other sports association in the world.

250px-Targalazio_zpsf8eb0fea.jpg

ocietà Podistica Lazio was founded on 9 January 1900 in the Prati district of Rome.[7] Lazio officially gave birth to its football section in 1910, joined league competition in 1912 as soon as the Italian Football Federation began organizing championships in the center and south of Italy, and reached the final of the national championship playoff three times, but never won, losing in 1913 to Pro Vercelli, in 1914 to Casale and in 1923 to Genoa 1893.

In 1927 Mario Azzi was the only major Roman club which resisted the Fascist regime's attempts to merge all the city's teams into what would become A.S. Roma the same year.

The club played in the first organized Serie A in 1929 and, led by legendary Italian striker Silvio Piola,[8] achieved a second place finish in 1937 — its highest pre-war result.

The 1950s produced a mix of mid and upper table results with an Italian Cup win in 1958. Lazio was relegated for the first time in 1961 to the Serie B, but returned in the top flight two years later. After a number of mid-table placements, another relegation followed in 1970–71.[9] Back to Serie A in 1972–73, Lazio immediately emerged as surprise challengers for the Scudetto to Milan and Juventus in 1972–1973, only losing out on the final day of the season, with a team comprising captain Giuseppe Wilson, as well as midfielders Luciano Re Cecconi and Mario Frustalupi, striker Giorgio Chinaglia, and head coach Tommaso Maestrelli.[10] Lazio improved such successes the following season, ensuring its first title in 1973–74.[11][12] However, tragic deaths of Luciano Re Cecconi[13] and scudetto trainer Tommaso Maestrelli, as well as the departure of Chinaglia, would be a triple blow for Lazio. The emergence of Bruno Giordano during this period provided some relief as he finished League top scorer in 1979, when Lazio finished 8th.[14]

Lazio were forcibly relegated to Serie B in 1980 due to a remarkable scandal concerning illegal bets on their own matches, along with AC Milan. They remained in Italy's second division for three seasons in what would mark the darkest period in Lazio's history. They would return in 1983 and manage a last-day escape from relegation the following season. 1984–85 would prove harrowing, with a pitiful 15 points and bottom place finish.

In 1986, Lazio was hit with a 9-point deduction (a true deathblow back in the day of the two-point win) for a betting scandal involving player Claudio Vinazzani. An epic struggle against relegation followed the same season in Serie B, with the club led by trainer Eugenio Fascetti only avoiding relegation to the Serie C after play-off wins over Taranto and Campobasso. This would prove a turning point in the club's history, with Lazio returning to Serie A in 1988 and, under the careful financial management of Gianmarco Calleri, the consolidation of the club's position as a solid top-flight club.[15][16]

170px-Big_giordano01_zps97875cd5.jpg

The arrival of Sergio Cragnotti, in 1992, changed the club's history due to his long-term investments in new players to make the team a scudetto competitor. A notable early transfer during his tenure was the capture of English midfielder Paul Gascoigne from Tottenham Hotspur for £5.5million. Gascoigne's transfer to Lazio is credited with the increase of interest in Serie A in the United Kingdom during the 1990s. Cragnotti repeatedly broke transfer records in pursuit of players who were considered major stars – Juan Sebastian Veron for £18million, Christian Vieri for £19million and breaking the world transfer record, albeit only for a matter of weeks, to sign Hernan Crespo from Parma for £35million.[17]

Lazio were Serie A runners-up in 1995, third in 1996, and fourth in 1997, then losing the championship just by one point to Milan on the last championship's match in 1999 before, with the likes of Siniša Mihajlović, Alessandro Nesta, Marcelo Salas and Pavel Nedvěd in the side, finally winning its second scudetto in 2000, as well as the Italian Cup in an impressive and rare (by Italian standards) "double" with Sven-Göran Eriksson (1997–2001) as manager.

240px-Alessandro_Nesta_zpsd5b4718e.jpg

azio had two more Coppa Italia triumphs in 1998 and 2004, as well as the last ever UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1999. They also reached the UEFA Cup, but lost 0–3 against Internazionale.

In addition, Lazio won the Italian Super Cup twice and defeated Manchester United in 1999 to win the European Super Cup.

In 2000, Lazio became also the first Italian football club to be quoted on the Italian Piazza Affari stock market.

However, with money running out, Lazio's results slowly worsened in the years; in 2002, a financial scandal involving Cragnotti and his food products multinational Cirio forced him to leave the club, and Lazio was controlled until 2004 by caretaker financial managers and a bank pool. This forced the club to sell their star players and even fan favourite captain Alessandro Nesta. In 2004 entrepreneur Claudio Lotito acquired the majority of the club.

In 2006, the club qualified to the 2006–07 UEFA Cup under coach Delio Rossi. The club was however excluded from European competitions due to their involvement in match-fixing scandal.

In 2006–07, despite a later-reduced points deduction, Lazio achieved a third place finish, thus getting qualified to the UEFA Champions League qualifying round, where they defeated Dinamo Bucharest to get into the group phase, ended in fourth place in a round composed of Real Madrid, Werder Bremen and Olympiacos. Things in the league did not go much better with the team spending most of the season in the bottom half of the table, sparking the protests of the fans, and eventually ending the Serie A season in 12th place. But in 2008–2009, the club won their fifth Coppa Italia, beating Sampdoria in the final.

Lazio started the 2009–10 season playing the Supercoppa against Inter in Beijing, and winning the match 2–1 with goals from Matuzalem and Rocchi.

Stadio Olimpico.

300px-Stadio_Olimpico_in_Rome_zpsf7c9c85d.jpg

Stadio Olimpico, located on the Foro Italico, is the major stadium of Rome, Italy. It is the home of the Italian national football team, as well as of both local teams S.S. Lazio and Roma. It was opened in 1937 and after its latest renovation in 2008, the stadium has a capacity of 72,689 seats. It was the site of the 1960 Summer Olympics, but has also served as the location of the 1987 World Athletics Championships, the 1980 European Championship final, the 1990 World Cup and the Champions League Final in 1996 and 2009.

Also on the Foro Italico lies the Stadio dei Marmi, or "marble stadium", which was built in 1932 and designed by Enrico Del Debbio. It has tiers topped by 60 white marble statues that were gifts from Italian cities in commemoration of 60 athletes.

During the 1989–90 season, Lazio and Roma played their games at the Stadio Flaminio of Rome, located in the district Flaminio, because of the renovation works carried out at the Stadio Olimpico.

Football Manager Information

Nation - Italy

Year Founded:1900

Reputation - National

icons and legends: Tommaso Rocchi,Paolo Di Canio,Dino Zoff,Diego Simeone,Angelo Peruzzi,Alessandro Nesta.

Fierce Rivals: Roma, Juventus,Napoli,Livorno

other Rivals: Ac Milan,Fiorentina,Pescara,Perugia.

Finances - Secure

Average Ticket Price £26

Average Season Ticket Price - £691

Season Ticket Holders - 20,546

Estimated Value - £69.0m (Loan Debt: £85m)

Continental Competition - Euro Cup

Media Prediction - 9th

Stadium - Ground Stadio Olimpico

Rome, Italy Capacity 72,481

[b[Kits[/b]

9256474164_40a93f8540_o_zps4ef4a3cb.jpg

As a Lazio fan I will follow your guide with

I know there are some youths with a good potential (IRL, not sure about the database) in the youth squad or on loan.

Cataldi (loan to Crotone) and Rozzi (loan to Real Madrid B) should have a decent future, but the gems are Keita and Touranka.

As a Lazio fan I will follow your guide with

I know there are some youths with a good potential (IRL, not sure about the database) in the youth squad or on loan.

Cataldi (loan to Crotone) and Rozzi (loan to Real Madrid B) should have a decent future, but the gems are Keita and Touranka.

first of all thank you for looking at this and i will let you know how they are doing as im controlling the whole squad from first team to the youth team

Squad Review

thought the thread needed a little bit more input so here we go with more up to date and hopefully better way looking rather than few screen shots decided to do full squad run down

Goalkeepers

1: Etrit Berisha he probably be well known to fans from sweeten as that's were he has made his name for him self with Kalmar FF he apparently scored 4 goals too.

22:- Federico Marchetti this guy has got to be your first choice for me.

transfer targets : David Ospina, Asmir Begovic,Ron-Robert Zieler

Defenders

39 Luis Pedro Cavanda my first choice looks to be like a good player.

28 Vinícius Freitas very under rated player looks good to me.

21 Senad Lulic fan favorite i think looks quality too.

26 Stefan Radu he probably be your first choice center back.

3 André Dias he getting old but still could do job for you.

19 Lorik Canahe quite and gets on with the job that needs to be done.

29 Abdoulay Konkofrench right back probably your first choice.

- Alessandro Tuiacurrently in a co ownership with Salernitana

targets: Scot Dann,Eugene Khacheridi,Kurt Zouma, Sébastien Corchia

midfielders

15 Álvaro Gonzálezclass player should be your first choice

10 Éderson looks class lets see how he gets on.

18 Felipe Anderson should be first choice bags skill and creativity.

8 Hernanes looks like an decent all rounded player.

23 Ogenyi Onazi he properly be your back up player

5 Lucas Biglia he properly be your back up player or could be used as a first teamer too.

targets, Mislav Andjelkovic, Ayd1n Y1lmaz, Javi García.

Forwards

11 Miroslav Klose German legend in my eyes he one best strikers in the game but his age is catching up with him.

99 Sergio Floccari Again his age is getting on so.

14 Balde Keita One of the youngsters looks class.

30 Emiliano Alfaro most likely be your back up player.

Targets: Yassine Benzia,Moussa Sow,Richairo Zivkovic,Papiss Cissé.

S.S. Lazio Tactics Overwiew

We all know that Italian football is a bit slow and a bit boring at times but in my eyes i think it the way football should be played dose not matter how you play as long as you get the results;

so with this i will be adapting an

4-2-3-1 with high tempo quick passing game.

i will also recommend trying 4 4 1 1

i also recommend 3 1 4 2

So why Take Charge

They are a team on the rise of Italian football so much promise, and have good youth set up. Also a grate stadium and with European football this season can you win that competition also our rivals roma beat them every season too. thank you for taking time in reading this as my first club guide so do apologize if i missed anything out. and with the squad ageing can you help rebuild the team and bring the success the club and fans need and develop the youth team and bring the scudetto back to Lazio after long time in waiting for it.

S.S. Lazio Youth

the youth team looks like its in fairly good shape with the likes of Balde Keita,Simone Montecchiari,Simone Palombi,Rozzi,Touranka. all looking to step up and hopefully develop into quality players

Records

Highest Attendance -

Highest Gate Receipts -

Highest Average Attendance -

Lowest Attendance -

Biggest Win -

Biggest Defeat -

Highest Scoring Game -

Highest Scoring League Game -

Most Goals Scored in a League Season -

Least Goals Conceded in a League Season -

Highest GD at the End of the Season -

Most Points in a Single EPL Season -

Most Games Won in a Row -

Most Games Without Losing -

Most Games Without Conceding a Goal -

Player Records

Most Goals in a Season -

Most Goals in a Match -

Most Assists in a Season -

Most MotM Awards in a Season -

Worst Discipline in a Season -

Most Apps for City (Found under overall) -

Most Goals for City (Found under overall) -

Youngest Player -

Oldest Player -

Fastest Goal -

Fastest Hat-Trick -

Youngest Goalscorer -

Oldest Goalscorer -

Highest Average Rating (1 Season) -

I started a save with Roma, got sacked after 5 games, lazio give me the chance to take over and at the end of the season im building a nice wee team, need a young striker tho

would take a print screen of my team but some reason when i take a print screen it take the desktop not the game

I started a save with Roma, got sacked after 5 games, lazio give me the chance to take over and at the end of the season im building a nice wee team, need a young striker tho

would take a print screen of my team but some reason when i take a print screen it take the desktop not the game

yeah bud more than welcome

As a Lazio fan myself ill be starting my usual save with them once the full release drops.

Looking over them in the beta, Felipe Anderson looks very promising.

he gets better on beta i will be posting bit update when game is released

• 1 month later...

My Tactic/Formation must be a touch of genius it worked on my hull save and now its working with my lazio team! 1st season played 20 games won 16 drawn 2 lost 2! and im well into january 9 points clear! My aim was maybe get into top 4 but definitely achieve europa league football never thought id be challenging for the title! Only person i brought in is strandberg and benzia on loan.

The main weakness i think with lazio is a top draw striker, klose is good but only scored one goal so far :/ Hopefully end of season ill have £15-20 mil to invest in a top draw striker.

just entered my 4th season in a lazio save.

what i found was loads of average players on high contracts that meant less money available to strengthen etc.

shipped out pretty much every player apart from Onazi, Anderson and Floccari over the first two season and retooled with younger guys on cheaper contracts.

picked up a tonne of cheap young itallians who turn out top quality like Murru, Bertolacci, Cristieg, Gabbiadini, Sapanaro.

first trophys in season 3. league and cup double. fun save

Just started a game with Lazio. Managed to get De Bruyne on loan and Benayoun on a free. Struggling to keep the wage balance under control, tried to sell Klose as he is on 60k a week, no takers. Not left me with any option but keep the squad how it is. Trying 3-1-4-1-1, beat Juventus to win Super Cup first game!

Finished 4th after a 20 game unbeaten streak, could't buy a win in the League in last 10 games, not sure what went wrong, nothing I did made a difference, still managed to get to the Uefa Cup final only to lose to Freiburg! Final from hell, 2 goals down after 10 mins and down to 10 men after 15! Won the Cup so fans were happy. Now have £20M and a £250,000 wage budget to blow! Champions League qualification has to happen in Season 2! Need 3 strikers as I currently have zero!

• 2 weeks later...

I had an amazing save with Lazio about 3 years ago. Built my team around Hernanes and Felipe Anderson (I bought him from Santos?) The keeper Musalera was really good for me too but they sold him a couple of seasons ago. Anyway been looking for a new save to start and I think Ive found my team.

Archived