dafuge's FM14 challenge

Looking forward to giving the 2015 edition a real go this year after a couple years of absence.

I haven't looked through the changes a whole lot yet but the changes to manager creation with the addition of stats should be interesting. From the sound of things, the wage demands have been tweaked a bit so hopefully we can actually sign and keep players without going quite so far into the red initially.

I may not start before the day 1 patch as lower league goalkeeping is apparently a big broken issue and i tend to play defensively, so having to score like 7 goals to win while conceding 6 probably wont be much fun for me (or my blood pressure). However I look forward to seeing the rest of you start your stories!

I struggled mightily with tactics for the first time in fm14, so this years goal is going to be solidify the back four and get back to knocking out those clean sheets!

Will be playing as Chippenham Town again of course :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been busy with work until today, so I've not had a chance to even look at the new game yet.

Has anyone spotted anything new that might need require a change to the current rules?

New manager setup stuff replaces default sunday league option so you might take a look at that. Not totally sure yet what the stats actually do, but im guessing we can just use the lowest option for each and then still allow people to adjust the individual stats to be the way they'd prefer since everyones pool would be the same.

New manager setup stuff replaces default sunday league option so you might take a look at that. Not totally sure yet what the stats actually do, but im guessing we can just use the lowest option for each and then still allow people to adjust the individual stats to be the way they'd prefer since everyones pool would be the same.

I went with 'none' for coaching badges and 'sunday league rep' for reputation, then just used the slider to pick which type of manager i was.

I've been busy with work until today, so I've not had a chance to even look at the new game yet.

Has anyone spotted anything new that might need require a change to the current rules?

Just setting the manager reputation as I and others have noted above. I don't think there's much else that would affect anything.

• 5 months later...

Hello, this is the first post for 5 months so I guess this thread is pretty much dead. Sadly I don't have FM15 so I'm going to have to try this on FM14, maybe no one cares but I thought that I might do it properly and post my screenshots etc?

I've played LLM alot before but never Dafuge's challenge as set, not sure why really.

I'm hoping for Trafford as I had a nice save with them on FM12...

So, my first mistake is not reading a whole sentence:

Go on holiday until 25th June, this shouldn't take too long, perhaps about an hour. Saving on 24th June may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

So basically, ignore the first part of the sentence or you will realise that you have gone on to the 25th of June and not the 24th and have thus just wasted the last 45 minutes waiting for the first season to holiday and have missed out on Trafford!

headlogo.jpg

'The Coasters'

AFC Fylde - Season 2014/15 - Skrill North

According to Wikipedia:

At the club's annual general meeting (AGM) in July 2007, a 15-year plan was put forward with the stated aim of reaching the Conference National by 2017, and The Football League by 2022.[23] On 19 January 2008, the club announced plans for a further move to yet another new stadium at an unnamed 26-acre (110,000 m2) site.[24]

In February 2010, a charitable trust called the Haythornthwaite Sports Foundation unveiled plans for a new Community Sports Complex in Wrea Green, comprising outdoor sports facilities catering for local junior football, cricket and other sports plus a new 2,500 capacity stadium for AFC Fylde. Consultations took place in 2011 but a planning application was rejected by Fylde Borough Council in spring 2012[25] and the plans were later abandoned.[26]

On 3 September 2013, it was announced on the club's website[27] that plans had been drawn up for a new £18m development at Mill Farm on the outskirts of Wesham, close to junction 3 of the M55, containing a distribution centre, an Aldi supermarket, a hotel, a restaurant, a petrol station, community sports pitches, sports science facilities, and a 6000 capacity, Football League standard ground for AFC Fylde.[28]

The stadium plans include a 2000 capacity all-seater main stand with a supporters' bar, executive boxes and a function room.

AFC Fylde chairman David Haythornthwaite said at the unveiling, “This is a well thought out development plan that will create superb facilities and help fuel the economic growth of the area... we anticipate we can create up to 200 new jobs over the next three years, many of them for local people."

The planning application for the stadium and associated facilities was accepted by Fylde Borough Council on 4 June 2014.[29] Construction work is expected to begin by September 2014.[30]

Sounds pretty nice, but probably wont happen on my save. Nice to be able to start with a fully professional team, and a wage budget of £16,000 per week!... And apparently a professional reserve team?

Tommy%20Carr_%20Overview%20Profile.png

Hmm, so... maybe I did something wrong and have inadvertently cheated? Or is it just because AFC Fylde is professional? I seem to be able to organise some pretty effective friendlies - away to Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Derby County and Bristol City giving me an estimated £180,000 income from 4 preseason friendlies? Also my season start date appears to be 16th August - is that right?

Might be at this rate I can easily win the challenge, but it doesn't seem fair - any feedback on how I accidentally cheated welcomed...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I had to quit this game, with hindsight playing in the lowest league with a professional team is a terrible idea as you have to pay big wages for rubbish players (in fact I didnt quit, I got sacked with a 600k debt)

I decided to therefore try a different tack completely.

Pay as little in wages as possible and focus only on speed.

I have

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%2015.27.42.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%2015.31.17.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%2015.31.54.png

ugh its all out of order if I cant add another post without a moderator looking at it first, I cant really do this in order, I need to go back and edit my earliest Stafford post to be the season start image and then the second be the 3 images of season review where I talk about:

1. only signing quick players

2. getting 4.5 star fitness coaches

3. only focusing on improving quickness

4. making £150,000 profit during the season

5. Finishing 17th but being considered very secure in the job

Archived