dafuge's FM14 challenge

I've just started back up after a prolonged break from the game. I'm finding it quite hard to keep up the motivation to stay with this game. Last season spoiled me and now it looks like my team has gone backwards. I miss winning most of my games!

Thats part of that challenge though Tivvy,you are nt going to win all the games,thats what makes it a good challenge.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WEYMOUTH FC-SEASON ONE PRE-SEASON OVERVIEW

1rbR3KD.jpg

1bFdFwL.png

PRE SEASON MATCHES-Not the best of results for games against some lesser teams than ourselves,other than the game against Chelsea U21's so still a bit to do in the tactical side of things,stuck with a winger based 442 formation so may have to tinker about with this for a while to enable to find the correct balance for the squad.

OdrnmZ9.png

TRANSFER'S IN AND OUT'S-A complete clearout of a lot of players that i though were surplus to requirements thirteen players in total,so this enabled me to free up a little money in wages,managed to accumulate another 3k so used this in finding more suitable players most if not all free transfers,a mixture of youth and experience brought in,the most notable players im needing to perform are Paul Johnson,Dave Diedhiou,Charlie Griffin,and a young lad called Carl Hester who has a fantastic report from my scout.

rl79x0e.png

L7eJwDR.jpg

OVERALL SEASON PREDICTION-Its going to be a long difficult season and by the odds of 80/1 and a predicted finish of 21st place i think i'll do well to avoid relegation this season,from a personal point of view a lot of work still to be done.

steff91 - if you've signed a half decent bunch of lads you won't go down. Players down at that level are so bad that a difference of even 1 or 2 attribute points makes one hell of a better player.

steff91 - if you've signed a half decent bunch of lads you won't go down. Players down at that level are so bad that a difference of even 1 or 2 attribute points makes one hell of a better player.

What do you reckon of the signings ive made so far Lenzar? You recognise any names?

steff91 too many years since I was at that level. Try to get Luke Ashworth. Hell of a defender. Jon Macken was a great striker for me, too.

dafuge exactly why is there the restriction on what leagues we can load? Does it make the game harder to have less leagues loaded?

steff91 too many years since I was at that level. Try to get Luke Ashworth. Hell of a defender. Jon Macken was a great striker for me, too.

dafuge exactly why is there the restriction on what leagues we can load? Does it make the game harder to have less leagues loaded?

What league level/year are you at now Lenzar? I'll keep those reccomendations of players in mind when i get back onto FM later.

Also sorry forgot to mention this,(off topic) how do you guys actually watch your games? i.e comprehensive,extended etc etc.

What do you reckon of the signings ive made so far Lenzar? You recognise any names?

I recognise none of those player names. There's a few players I usually go for straight away in my first season (I've restarted this challenge far too many times!), and then I build the rest of the squad from players already at the club and any other good players I can bring in.

I think it makes thing harder to start off with, but perhaps easier in the long term (after completing the challenge, when you could add the leagues anyway).

The rule was originally put in place to make sure that everyone playing had exactly the same setup, without disadvantaging the people who had slower computers.

Starting again from the start of the Skrill Premier season - some tactical ideas from TTF have given me new impetus, new filters and so on..... fingers crossed.

Good luck mate, have been following your progress. Congratulations on promotion :)

I fear my FM14 career is nearly over. The new tactic hasn't worked. I got two wins out of two at the start of the season, but have only won one more since (I'm in October).....

Stick with it, I got sacked loads of times before I got anywhere. If a formation got you promoted once it can do it again. Every season I have a poor start, can't put my finger on why but all my promotions came in seasons where I thought I was going nowhere for a month or so.

I think it makes thing harder to start off with, but perhaps easier in the long term (after completing the challenge, when you could add the leagues anyway).

The rule was originally put in place to make sure that everyone playing had exactly the same setup, without disadvantaging the people who had slower computers.

So after a season are we able to add an additional nation? I was thinking the scottish leagues?

Well, four wins on the trot since I posted that last update after the first of those - one in the FA Trophy, three in the league - and now things are looking a little better. Long way to go, and we're still in the bottom five, but it doesn't look hopeless any more.

Well, four wins on the trot since I posted that last update after the first of those - one in the FA Trophy, three in the league - and now things are looking a little better. Long way to go, and we're still in the bottom five, but it doesn't look hopeless any more.

Hope it comes good!!! Keep plugging away there m8!!!

Giving the challenge a new go!

Took over as manager of kingstonian, thought they would be interesting as i have never heard of them before. Will keep updated ^^

Can we see your manager profile please?

Why is Kingstonian marked as N/A in the OP reputations values anyone know?

After being inspired again by you guys its time for my final try.

Manager_Profile.jpg

Sorry i completely forgot to do this on the 25th :( hope that's ok??

Shelley.jpg

The signing i'm most excited about, going to deploy him as a beastly box to box mid, he is also captain/free-kick/corner & Peno taker!!

2000_1.jpg

Odds dont look good lol

I have made it my policy to only sign players with Determination/Work Rate & Teamwork as 8+ and my team personality has so far changed from fairly loyal to Determined. Hopefully this will help with the run in

Why is Kingstonian marked as N/A in the OP reputations values anyone know?

The original database had a mistake in it, meaning Kingstonian were missing. It was later fixed with one of the patches.

Those reputations haven't been updated since the original release of the game, some of them might be slightly different.

The original database had a mistake in it, meaning Kingstonian were missing. It was later fixed with one of the patches.

Those reputations haven't been updated since the original release of the game, some of them might be slightly different.

No worries

After being inspired again by you guys its time for my final try.

Manager_Profile.jpg

Sorry i completely forgot to do this on the 25th :( hope that's ok??

Shelley.jpg

The signing i'm most excited about, going to deploy him as a beastly box to box mid, he is also captain/free-kick/corner & Peno taker!!

2000_1.jpg

Odds dont look good lol

I have made it my policy to only sign players with Determination/Work Rate & Teamwork as 8+ and my team personality has so far changed from fairly loyal to Determined. Hopefully this will help with the run in

Holy crap 2000/1 i thought mines were bad at 80/1 :o

WEYMOUTH FIRST SEASON.

xFwnHn2.jpg

Not doing too bad here so far,as to date won 5games on the bounce with a very respectable league posistion at present.Not bad considering we were predicted 21st finish,long way to go yet though!!!!

LEAGUE TABLE

CCulk7L.png

LAST FEW RESULTS

byx72wi.png

I've not had a bad start either. I wish Stalybridge would lose a couple though, as they're keeping right up with me at the moment.

yrP9V5C.jpg

I reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup as well, but was defeated 1-0 by Sheffield United in a match where they easily could have scored at least five.

Edit: Just seen who I've be facing in the 4th round... :( A match away against West Ham would have got me a nice wedge of cash.

I've not had a bad start either. I wish Stalybridge would lose a couple though, as they're keeping right up with me at the moment.

yrP9V5C.jpg

I reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup as well, but was defeated 1-0 by Sheffield United in a match where they easily could have scored at least five.

Edit: Just seen who I've be facing in the 4th round... :( A match away against West Ham would have got me a nice wedge of cash.

Looking not bad there mate.. (tried to reply to your PM earlier there says your inbox was full so couldnt accept my PM :( ) I got knocked out in the 4th qualifying round of the FA cup was raging.dunno who my opponents would have been though.Currently sitting 7th in the league at present 13games played.

FC_United.png

FC United

Skrill Premier

2022/23: Media Prediction - 24th

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Transfers

Squad

Towards the end of the season, I realised that I finally had my Potts replacement. 21 year old George Moran just clicked and was the best player in the league in the last few months. He will be a big player for me now.

Significant departures after this season: Joe Jackson (104 goals in 220 league games), Luke Ashworth (25 in 469), Matty Hughes (13 in 256).

the-skrill-premier-logo-long-cmyk.png?w=585&h=133

League Table | Position Graph

We clicked, mainly thanks to Moran, towards the end of the season and though it was too late to be in the promotion mix, there was a moment when I was 2-0 up against Newport that I realised a realistic target was to be closer to the playoff places than the relegation places. I didn't manage it this time around but with the right signings, next year should be one of progress. Oh, but staying up did cost me £75k in bonuses for avoiding relegation!

pic_2011-12_fa_cup_bud_logo_small.jpg

Held my own against Wrexham after missing the 3rd qualifying round this year. But it wasn't enough. Hopefully next year I will be able to get through that type of draw.

fa_trophy_small.gif

Finally had a bit of a run in this competition, and I was unlucky to miss out on a semi-final place after a decent performance against Halifax.

Key Players

George Moran | John Corcoran | Lee Boyce | Adam Dawson

I make no apology for having only attacking players in this section this year. We had the worst goal difference in the league by far but managed to win enough games to stay up fairly easily in the end. That can only be because we got crucial goals at crucial times. For every 6-0 thumping, there was a 1-0 win. Moran is going to be a club legend. I've only just realised that Adam Dawson is a former Liverpool player! I think I thought of him as a newgen but no! He's been at Liverpool and Wigan. Ashworth was the pick of the defenders but still wasn't great, and will be released at the end of the season as he no longer justifies his wage demands. It's saf but he's old now and whilst I know he's been good for others into League 1, they have probably got there much faster than me!

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Adam Dawson

Team of the Year

Obvious strength going forward, need to plug my leaky defence and letting go of Ashworth and Hughes is, unfortunately, necessary.

Historical XI

Grace and Waldren inducted. Jackson, Ashworth and Hughes, the three stalwarts to leave this summer, should be there for some time. Hughes is probably the most vulnerable but it will take at least a couple of years to oust him.

Records

Highest league finish - 16th in Skrill Premier

Most games lost in a row - 5 between 13/8/22 and 30/8/22

Review of Aims for This Season

Survival and a moneyspinning cup run. We are professional now.

Stayed up fairly easily eventually despite a few terrible runs and one false start (I got sacked but started again at the start of this season - it had to be done, too much time invested for me to give up!). The FA Cup run was too short to be lucrative, although we did put up a good fight against Wrexham. Also had my first ever run in the FA Trophy, so that was good.

Aims for Next Season

Challenge for a playoff place. I'd love to get one, but if I'm within 10 points of one, that will do for now. Baby steps, for me.

Career Overview

[size=4]Season      League          League Finish   Points    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9772482&viewfull=1#post9772482"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         19th         45      Survival.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9784784&viewfull=1#post9784784"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North          6th         70      Minor giantkilling in FA Trophy (N Ferriby).
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9788388&viewfull=1#post9788388"]2016/17[/url]     Skrill North         11th         58      None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9792166&viewfull=1#post9792166"]2017/18[/url]     Skrill North         18th         50      None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9793145&viewfull=1#post9793145"]2018/19[/url]     Skrill North         13th         61      Reached 2nd round of the FA Cup.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9795119&viewfull=1#post9795119"]2019/20[/url]     Skrill North          5th         72      [size=3]Two minor giantkillings in FA Cup [size=2](Bury Town and Cheltenham)[/size], lost in playoff semi-final.[/size]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9800352&viewfull=1#post9800352"]2020/21[/url]     Skrill North          6th         72      None.
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9801966&viewfull=1#post9801966"]2021/22[/url]     Skrill North          5th         68      [b]PROMOTION[/b] via playoffs.
[url="http://2022/23"]2022/23[/url]     Skrill Premier       16th         58      Survival. First job offer (AFC Wimbledon).
[/size]

So ive decided to repeatedly ask the board for help in strenthening the squad,no help whatsoever.So ive decided to take a chance and leak to the press about it.Gave me an ultimatum 9points from 5games or im out.Just not got a very helpful board here although my finances are not that bad.

073MT7D.png

DISMISSED WEYMOUTH 1ST SEASON

What a horrible christmas prezzie that was!!!

Unfortunately my demands to the board didnt seem to go down too well and despite leaving them mid-table i was dismissed for failing to set the points target they had agreed.Its been a pleasure guys and i wish you all the very best of luck with your respective career's :(

un26fnn.png

Archived