dafuge's FM14 challenge

Chippenham_Town_F.C._logo.png

Chippenham Town 2019/20 Season

5Lox5h0.png

League 2 ~ Domestic Cups ~ Transfers ~ Appearances ~ Team Of The Year ~ Ryan ~ Donaldson ~ McKee ~ Smith

Building on our playoff season last year we went on to win the title and in doing so the first trophy in this career. Some good business in the transfer market allowed us to bring in some good loans and frees to build a squad that could compete well in the league, despite still having the smallest budget. As a Cambridge United fan I turned to one of our key players from our season IRL, Ryan Donaldson, and he didn't disappoint. For a lot of this team League 1 may be too much of a step up. We also did well in the FA Cup getting to the 3rd round and forcing Premier League Watford to a replay but they were eventually able to overcome us.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chippenham_Town_F.C._logo.png

Chippenham Town 2020/21 Season

League 1 ~ Domestic Cups ~ Transfers ~ Appearances ~ Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Takeover

Denton ~ Maddison ~ Wilson ~ Dhaoudi ~ Rooney

Our initial struggles in Skrill South are no more than a distant memory now. We're moving forward as a club with great momentum and as you can see we've made some good additions. We managed to break records this season both in goals scored and points gained in League 1. I'm happy with our progress in the FA Cup too, particularly beating Fulham 4-1. We're now well settled into our new home - Chippenham Stadium - and we've developed our facilities and youth setup a bit. We had our second board takeover this time a consortium as it seemed the fans trust we're struggled to deal with the increased financial pressures. Fortunately the board kept me on citing the support for me around the club and after the title I've now reached legend status. Our big signing in time for the new season is a 35-year-old Wayne Rooney who in my opinion still has it despite finding his way here via Seattle and Inverness.

29l6ftT.png

Season Review 2022/2023 Screenshots

Club Overview | Table | Transfers | Finances | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Manager | No Key Player | Penalty Match

Season Review 2023/2024 Screenshots

Manager | No Key Player

Season Review 2024/2025 Screenshots

Manager | No Key Player

Season Review 2025/2026 Screenshots

Manager | No Key Player

Firstly, I sold my GK (Butler) for £425k to Man City but then had a pc crash and lost this, so I put him back on the Market and this time he went to Arsenal so same outcome for my game.

An uneventful season really we had a v.poor run in the league and lacked depth and well skill lol. We did however have a crazy Cup run taking out to PL teams, the first in extra time and the second in a never ending penalty shoot out lol Unfortunately both home games so no gate income of worth.

As mentioned the league went poorly, I brought in some players in the January window to ensure we avoided relegation but really need strength added for next year to challenge for anything.

The clubs made a decent profit so should have plenty of finance next year (74k wb and 2.26m transfer) to solve things and challenge for tophalf/promotion. Their is talk of a take-over so that may halt the start of the season if they inforce an embargo on me. I did make Legend with the club though xD

------------------------------------------

Their was big improvements this year and at one point we looked to contend for a play-off spot. Their was alot of take-over talks which were ever frustrating but we did ok looking back.

I need to add strength to the wing as that's where most my scoring opportunities collapse and become counter attacks so I'll try to do that. I'm renewing all my staff and my first team are all due to stay on for another year atleast.

Not alot of worth mentioning this year so next year we'll be adding proper depth and challenge for the title!

Note: Takeover complete, they are looking to replace me but will consider letting me keep the job. They've made an extra 100k for wages avaliable and added 1mil as a transfer budget!

After promising a top-half finish I was given a wage budget of 240k and a transfer budget of 1.4mil! The board are improving the training grounds aswell which I've been begging for a while now so happy me!

This was short lived, 2months into the season they slashed the wage budget to 140k putting me £50k p/w in the red (after converting transfer budget) and not much options to trim it.

Whether related or not Morale dropped and the losses piled up, hope so of promotion went without a trace and my star players were sold. The only player I have kept of real importance is Tilt and I can't afford to let him go or i'll end up in a relegation battle.

At this point im unsure what the future holds but will need to keep an eye and try and improve finances gradually, I know i wont be trusting the wage/transfer budget's for a while as this year definitely destroyed my hope lol

So worse that last year, the board is disapointed in me. I need to fix this will be doing a large clear out to generate funds and rebuild mostly on low-cost/free transfers!

I will never understand this game, fall short with a great squad yet win with a poor one lol. We gained promotion. Coming into the last 2 games we needed 1 win to gain promotion automatically. The entire 2nd half of the season was a v.close run race will all the top 10teams bouncing back and forth.

I was confident during all of this of obtaining one of the many play-off spots but didn't expect to win them, taking 1st was off the card's huddersfield were always clear by a few points.

I dreaded the 2nd game out going up against them so opted to just button down and hit the counter, fortunately worked for me and secured a draw.

Final game, we drew ... fulham drew and we get promoted!

Next year, in with the Big Boys, I can't see how we'll survive were a broke club with crap players lol oh well TV rights should be a good start and season cash has to be up their to make us a future good team!

Another stadium expansion (4.2m) so financial blackhole need to resolve (im terrible at solving it lol)

Next year we have £9million to spend on new players and a £140k wage budget (that'll need adjusting lol)

Season      Team        League                 Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     St.Neots    Skrill North           1st           Champions, MOTY
2015/16     St.Neots    Skrill Premier         14th          Avoid Relegation
2016/17     St.Neots    Skrill Premier         1st           Champions, MOTY
2017/18     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        21st          Avoid Relegation
2018/19     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        21st           
2019/20     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        14th           
2020/21     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        3rd           Promoted, JPT Winner
2021/22     St.Neots    Skybet League 1        1st           Champions, MOTY        
2022/23     St.Neots    Skybet Championship    19th                   
2023/24     St.Neots    Skybet Championship    11th                    
2024/25     St.Neots    Skybet Championship    18th                    
2025/26     St.Neots    Skybet Championship    2nd           Promoted                          

Ashton United

New Manager Unveiled

BadgeAshton_United.png

After guiding Whitby Town to the lofty heights of the Premier League before the club and he himself mysteriously vanished during a vacation to the Cloud, Ashton United are delighted to announce the unveiling of our new manager, Jordan Swinburn. Twenty plus pag... weeks later, Swinburn has suddenly reappeared, his reputation reset, returning to the world of non-league football. We hope he takes us to the same levels he guided Whitby long ago.

Club Overview | Club Information | Squad

Let the games begin!

Seems we're starting to find our level for now. We can't put any sort of run together in League One. We'll go and beat the better teams 3-0, but then only manage a battling draw against relegation candidates. Still in the playoff places as of the end of October, but I'm pretty sure anything could happen.

Canvey Island - Skrill Premiership- 2017/18

So after last promotion this season was all about trying to get a decent balance in the squad and try avoid relegation in the mean time.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - i was only expecting to be fighting a relegation battle and not a promotion campaign we went on and won the League on the last day of the season.

The Fa Cup - Decided to play the first team p;layers in this year competition got to the second round played histon got beat 3 -1 after extra time.

The Fa Trophy - Again i wanted try the first team with some of the back up players we went all the way and got to the final and won 1-0 beating Chester after extra time.

Transfers - There was a bit off a shuffle around with the squad.

Squad- I was pleased with how the squad did not let the pressure get to them.

Finances - wining a few cup games and the League will hopefully help the club on the long run.

Key Player Profiles:

Joel Howell - this was his first season in the first team and was top scorer hope i can keep hold of him.

Danzelle St. Louis-Hamilton - our first choice had an average season think he need some competition for his place.

Mike Watt -Another good player had good season controlling the midfield.

Rio Bryan-Edwards -Another solid season from this guy looking to try get best out him next season.

Career Overview

Season  Nation       Team        League        Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  England    Canvey Island   Skrill South     10th     None  
2015/16   England   Canvey Island   Skrill  South     1st      Champions 
2016/17   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership 18th  None
2017/18   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership 1st   Champions, Fa trophy Winners 

Next Season

Find a decent back up for my first choice goalkeeper and try and avoid relegation.

AFC Fylde – Premier League 2032/33 – Season 19

After another solid season the boards expectations were now for a top four finish, whilst the bookies gave us an outside chance of the title but predicted we'd finish fourth.

Transfers - I snapped up a couple of promising English Youngsters and a Serbian Youth Right Back, before spending £12.5m on another German Wonderkid this time a highly rated Centre-Back who my scouts spotted at the Euro32, I wasn't really in the market for a centre-back but the low price wanted by Dortmund meant I snapped him up (though he does become my second most expensive player).

Saleswise I sold various youngsters who hadn't developed I even got some decent money for a couple of academy players, I also sold off two squad players after being giving silly money for them - Welshman Jenkins joined West Ham for £15m, whilst City paid ~£10m for my NIrish Centre-back McMenamin - they were both useful players but weren't going to ever become first teamers for me. Also with the arrival of Keita I loaned out Rob Graham after no-one would buy him, though QPR did include a £10m future fee option so here's hoping he has a good season.

League Cup - Slightly disappointed that we weren't able to retain the League Cup for the third season in a row as we went out in the Quarter Final, though I did play a weakened side throughout and they did me proud by beating Utd in the Third Round, and rather annonyingly City and Chelsea both went out at the Quarter Final stage leaving only weaker sides, with West Ham beating QPR in the Final.

FA Cup - Again no joy as we suffered a shock defeat to Bournemouth (who made it to the Semi-Final) though again I fielded a weakened side throughout and thanks to injuries it was largely a youth side aswell.

Champions League - We finally became a Second Seed and were rewarded with an interesting group drawn against AC Milan who'd only reached the Champios League Semi-Finals once so far, but had reached the Europa League Final three times losing to Dortmund (2013) and Arsenal (2030) but beating Valencia (2014), the Third Seeds were Portuguese Side Sporting (who'd caused me problems back in FM13 when I played in Austria) who were struggling to even qualify for the group stage and had only made it past the groups twice so far back in 2014 and 2016 losing to Bayern times in the Knockout Round, though they did lose the Europa Final in 2022 to Chelsea, finally we were paired with Romanian side Petrolul who were appearing in the Group Stage for only the second time.

Group Stage - It was a comfortable group in the end as I was even able to field a weakened side throughout as we won our first four games to qualify with two games to spare, though we rode our luck in Milan needing goals from two 16 year old subs to secure victory, whilst the final two games would have been annonying if we had anything to play for as we threw away a 3-0 lead against Petrolul and needed to come from behind three times against Sporting to claim two draws, though Petrolul were unlucky to finish last as Milan only overtook them with a last day win in Romania.

The Knockout Round drew us against Russian side CSKA Moscow who'd only made it past this stage once and we claimed a comfortable First Leg win in Moscow thanks to a first half hat-trick from Italian Loanee Ientile, for the Second Leg I was able to rest players as we dominated a poor game and finally took the lead thanks to a late own goal. Whilst rather shockingly Barcelona were knocked out by Anderlecht who'd made it out of the Group Stage for the first time - finishing ahead of Juventus and level on points with Dortmund (who knocked them out in the next round).

The Quarter Final drew us against Real Madrid who'd just knocked Arsenal out with a 120th minute goal and were the holders after previously winning in 2021 against Spurs though they had lost three Finals to City (2030), Juventus (2022) and Dortmund (2019) they also have four of the games six £40m+ players including their Keeper who is a Academy player :(

With the First Leg at home we got off to a good start with Danish Winger Jensen in for the injuried Crnkovic opening the scoring with a rocket into the top corner, however Madrid soon equalised as no one tracked the run of their World Class German Striker who was left with time and space in the box to pick his corner and then some more poor defending allowed their other World Class Striker to score a free header, Jensen then pulled us level with a fine volley from the edge of the area after Madrid failed to clear a corner, however somemore poor defending cost us the game as Right Back Woods was caught dallying on the ball and Madrid punished us :(

With the Second Leg in Madrid we'd need a two goal win to go through (or a 4-3 win) and we got off to a great start with Woods attoning for his mistake in the last game by whipping in a cross for Reinaldo to head home, we then quickly scored the all important second goal as Perez pounced on a defensive mistake to end his 10 hour goal drought, however we just couldn't find a third goal and Madrid punished us with a header from a free kick as we fell short going out on away goals :(

Premier League - An excellent season as we claimed our First Premier League title having dominated the season though the game did it's best to stop us by repeatedly injurying my attacking players. The season didn't get off to the best of starts as we lost to Forest on the opening day but we followed that with eight straight wins including a fine 3-0 win at Man City which gave us a five point lead with just nine games played, we followed that with a 1-1 draw at West Ham before winning our next nine games including a 4-0 thrashing of Man Utd and a last minute win at Arsenal that gave us a nine point lead at the half way stage.

In the New Year Forest again caused us problems as we needed to come from 2-0 down to claim a draw- annonyingly we'd only conceeded 10 goals so far after 20 games and four of them were against Forest (three from set-pieces and a freak goal aswell) :( January continued to be a poor month as we needed to come from behind to claim draws against Newcastle and Chelsea which saw our lead reduced to just five points, thankfully February saw a return to form as we smashed Brighton 8-1 thanks to a hat-trick from 16yo Attacker Willis on his league debut and four goals from Striker Perez, and followed with a 5-1 win ove QPR and a 1-0 win against Man City which opened up a 13 point lead over City with 11 games left to play.

However coming into the final stretch our form started to suffer as we could only draw 0-0 at Spurs and then suffered a shock 3-1 defeat to Huddersfield ending our 28 game unbeaten run thankfully wins over Cardiff and Wolves kept out lead though a defeat to Liverpool inbetween the Madrid games didn't help and with wins over Reading and Southampton we were left needing one point from three games to secure the title however we had to play both Man Utd and Arsenal, and losing to Utd put the pressure on, thankfully we rallied and beat Sheff Utd to secure the title with a game to spare, though the Sheff result proved moot as City lost to QPR anyway.

It was slightly annonying that we allowed City back into the title race as we really should have secured the title much early, though I'm thankful we secure the title this season as I expect City will be spending big next season as I think they are back within the FFP rules.

Another thing that was slightly disappointing was our defensive record in the second half of the season after the first 14 games we'd only conceeded 6 goals and five of them were from corners, which means we conceeded 20 games in the next 24 games, though only one of them was from a corner.

The final European spot was taken by relegated Norwich who lost the FA Cup Final to Chelsea.

Squad, Overview, Best XI

Belgian Keeper Rayan Messaoudi had a solid season and was awarded with the Golden Glove award.

At Full Back Alan Woods had his best season yet as with the extra quality in my team I was able to set my fullbacks back to the support role from defend so they could offer more support going forward without the previous problem of us getting exposed down the flanks, whilst Italian Left Back Giuseppe Scaffidi had an excellent season as he enjoyed the extra freedom to get forward more and even scored twice - both of which were crosses that somehow ended up going in.

In the Centre of Defence Cesar Domingos was a rock, partnering him was my English Wonderkid Ashley John who had an excellent season in the league, though a month long injury did see him lose his place to new signing German Wonderkid Mamadou Keita who slotted in perfectly and looks like he is going to be a fine player and a bargain at £12m and gave me some real quality cover at the back for a change.

In the Centre of Midfield German Wonderkid Sven Schmitt had an excellent season and added some much needed quality to my midfield, partnering him was English Midfielder Kieron Parsons who had a fine season and is developing nicely.

On the Wings Flamboyant Bolivan Carlos Mejia was another player who had an excellent season as he grabbed the same amount of assists this season as he had in the last three combined with his 25 assists equaling the club record set by Reinaldo and just two short of the League record that was set just last season, he was also named Footballer of the Year, providing cover was my English Wonderkid Michael Christensen who finally started to show some of his potential but is still only 18 and has plenty of time to impress. Down the Left was Croatian Marko Crnkovic who really stepped up his game this season with some outstanding performances as he was fighting for his future with Danish Wonderkid Peter Jensen offering him some real competition, though now Jensen is unhappy he didn't play more but in that form Crnkovic was undroppable (though the game took care of it by injuring him).

In the Hole Brazilian Reinaldo had a frustrating season as he just picked up injury after injury and never really had much of a chance this season, thankfully I reloaned Italian Wonderkid Boris Ientile which meant I didn't miss Reinaldo as much, whilst English Youngster Kristian Willis really impressed after being thrown in for the cup games at just 16, which means I might finally be able to phase out the Legend that is Christian Kieffer who is wanting more first team football than I can offer him as he was reduced to a late sub role to calm games down.

Upfront Spanish Striker Jose Perez rediscovered his form with some solid performances however I would still like a better goal return from him with a goal drought in the second half of the season not helping, providing cover was Argentine Jonathan Llop though he was largely used as a sub and on the wings and with his contract up next season I need to decide if he's staying or not, whilst Patrik Hellstrom had another poor season though he again still did well in Europe before injury ended his season in December.

Prem Dream Team - A record four players are named, with Crnkovic unlucky to only make the subs bench, whilst my three centre-backs were all snubbed despite having better seasons than the selected Manchester players.

I also finally won Manager of the Year and also managed my 1,000th game

Academy - Only the one player of note this season Attacker Charlie Byrne, whilst the game mocked me by giving me a player with the same surname as me but not making him my son :(

Finances - Again a small loss despite making a profit on transfers, and annonyingly our New Stadium has been delayed by at least three months :(

Injury Compensation - First time I've ever since this, shame it was for a player who is on a £80 p/w contract.

Reputation - We finally hit five star reputation.

Nationality Break Down:

25: ENG

4: DEN

3: ITA

2: GER

1: ARG, AUT, BEL, BOL, BRA, CRO, FRA, POR, KSA, SRB, ESP, SCO, SWE, WAL

Homegrown (15-21 excluding yth players):

Club: 24

Nation: 7

Due: 14

Registered League Squad: 8 from 13 players.

Goals for next season

- Win the Champions League.

- Squad wise there isn't much I need a World Class Keeper or Right Back would be nice.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

Single Game: 5,146,673(86,306)

Single Season: 1,172,506 (200,521)

Single Season in England: 1,172,506 (111,314)

Single Season Premier Division: 1,172,506 (108,940)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14/15[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]20,675 / 27,370[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]27,387 / 51,605[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]18th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]46,936 / 98,541[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]51,575 / 150,116[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]72,604 / 222,720[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]119,257 / 341,977[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]10th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]103,178 / 445,155[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Champions - Promoted![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]944,378 / 1,389,533[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/25[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]14th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]156,012 / 1,545,545[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25/26[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]165,782 / 1,711,327[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26/27[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa 1st KO[/TD]

[TD]177,426 / 1,888,753[/TD]

[TD]32.092 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]148,102 / 2,036,855[/TD]

[TD]31.617 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28/29[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]286,240 / 2,319,502[/TD]

[TD]57.560 (36)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29/30[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]272,759 / 2,592,261[/TD]

[TD]58.831 (38)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]30/31[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]2nd[/TD]

[TD]FA & League Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]UCL Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]1,172,506 / 3,764,767[/TD]

[TD]88.718 (21)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]31/32[/TD]

[TD]Premier Division[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]UCL QF[/TD]

[TD]615,424 / 4,380,191[/TD]

[TD]101.925 (15th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]32/33[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Prermier League Champions!!![/TD]

[TD]UCL QF[/TD]

[TD]766,482 / 5,146,673 [/TD]

[TD]128.728 (9th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

AFC Fylde – Premier League 2033/34 – Season 20

So after winning the Premier League last season the goal this season was to win the Champions League to complete the challenge.

Though the board wanted us to challenge for the title again, with the bookies putting us behind the Manchester clubs predicting we'd finish third.

Transfers - I wasn't planning on doing much this season however circumstances changed things as it became our busiest season yet for purchases and sales, first in came promising Welsh Striker Lewis from Swansea, then my scouts found me two Wonderkids who were going cheap - Spanish Midfielder Jesus who I tried to sign 18mths ago but couldn't get and instead signed Schmitt, however this time they were willing to let him go for a bargain £9m, next up was German Keeper Hans-Peter Weiser (the only Wonderkid Keeper I've seen) who Dortmund were wierdly willing to sell - however it turned out the reason why is because his agent is an arse (his contract was up next season and I'm guessing he wouldn't sign a new one) and I had to get Dortmund to accept my offer five teams before I could finally agree terms with his agent (he kept on demanding a one year contract and would walk out if I offered a longer contract).

Then on deadline day I may have panicked a little in attempting to reinforce my strikeforce - I was in talks with Mexican Wonderkid Guillen however he waited until the last possible moment to choose us over Paris (which was a shock as I've already had three players reject me for Paris) which meant he didn't get a work permit in time and had to wait until Jan to arrive, so in the meantime I loaned in another Wonderkid Striker Passlack from Dortmund and then at 10pm I got a news item telling me Man Utd had had a £32m bid for Sanchez rejected by Madrid, so I made a cheeky enquiry for him on the off chance Utd went back in for him, and Madrid wanted £38m (which was his value) I countered with £36m and they accepted it and shockingly he agreed to sign, meaning I'd signed the player who knocked me out of Europe last season and at the same time had weakened Utd and Madrid whilst strengthening ourselves with a World Class Striker :cool: (I'm surprised Utd didn't go back in for him, but they may not have had time as I've had news items in the past where a bid has been accepted and contract agreed before I've even had time to get a bid considered.).

Saleswise I cleared out quite a few players - Hellstrom and Graham were no longer needed and both joined Watford, I cashed in on Llop who wanted £150K p/w to stay (that I couldn't afford even if I wanted to keep him) and was sold to Paris for a record £36m, with the arrival of Jesus Dane Lilleso was no longer needed especially considering he was demanding £50K p/w to stay, Midfielder Hicks was sold to Arsenal for ridiculous £20m whilst Centre-Back Newall went to Watford for £15m, Academy youngster Fogaroli returned to Italy for £5m as he just hadn't developed since scoring on his debut as a 15yo and I had better options down the right, and finally English Striker White departed to Wolves for a cut-price £2.4m.

Though I could/should have raised another £20m - QPR offered £15m for Graham (after not taking up the option to buy him for £10m) who turned them down for not paying him enough (considering they are still throwing money at people I don't want to know how much he demanded), whilst Striker White agreed to join Watford for £12m but it fell through on deadline day as they couldn't free up the money and with him threatening to leave on a free I had to accept a cut price deal in the winter.

Community Shield - We claimed the Community Shield for the first time with a comfortable win over Chelsea.

[video=youtube_share;7QLgXYDjybg]

Premier League - It was an interesting season to say the least this year, we got off to an awful start losing our first three games (which included games against City and Arsenal) as we just didn't look interested, we eventually got our act together winning the next three games before coming from behind to draw against Liverpool but finishing the match with just nine men, the game then decided it would be fun to just start injuring all of my players, at two points in the first half of the season we had ten first team players out injured - first time the game decided it would be fun to injury four of my full-backs and the next time it took my midfielders leaving me with three 17 year-olds in midfield for a couple of games, we were at least grinding out results but after 16 games we'd already lost more times than last season and by the 23 game we'd conceeded more goals than last season, in the second half of the season we finally rallied as my first team players slowly returned from injury and we somehow found ourselves within touching distance of leaders Chelsea (mathematically at least) and with four games left we entertained Chelsea where a defeat would see Chelsea secure the title and a win would give us slim hopes of an unlikely title, however the Chelsea game would be played eitherside of a more important Champions League game so I decided to field a second string side (though it was probarbly stronger than some of the first team sides I've had to field earlier this season) which still beat Chelsea thanks to a late goal from my latest Academy prospect Gaviao who scored on his debut after coming off the bench, though Chelsea won their next game that ended our hopes of the title they were then thrashed 5-0 by City and lost the title on the last day on goal difference after failing to beat Reading.

It was a weird season all round as Chelsea lead the table for the entire season apart from the most important time after the last game, whilst both Man Utd and Arsenal had worse seasons than us (and without all the injuries), Utd were struggling in mid-table all season until a strong finish secured them European football next season, whilst Arsenal had a woeful season and were in a relegation fight for most of it but thanks to a close league managed to finish in mid-table. Thankfully this meant the teams I had to get past to get back into contention were Southampton and Spurs both of whom weren't strong enough to keep up all season, though Soton did hang onto a Champions League place.

League Cup - My second string made a solid start however with things going badly in the league at the Quarter Final stage I decided to concrentrate on hte League Cup to at least secure a European place if our league form didn't improve, and thanks to two pens from Parsons we beat a Southampton side who were second in the league at the time, in the Semi-Final First Leg we dominated the game against Chelsea but just couldn't score and had to settle for a 1-1 draw after we both scored from the other side switching off from a free-kick. In the Second Leg we again dominated but found ourselves 2-0 down before goals from Scaffidi and Christensen put us ahead on away goals, with Sanchez adding a winner in extra-time.

In the Final we faced Liverpool who despite only winning the Cup once since the game started were still the record holders with nine wins, however we finally had nearly all of my first teamers back (though we were now missing Jesus and Perez) and utterly destroyed Liverpool winning 6-2 I was even able to bring on Academy Midfielder Johnson who'd impressed during my injury problems and he capped his appearance with a goal :)

[video=youtube_share;q2Kvm_tdKi4]

FA Cup - In the early rounds it was a case of fielding who was fit, thankfully by the Quarter Final my players were back and we brushed past Utd though needing two late goals to make the score reflect the game. In the Semi-Final we'd face Chelsea yet again and this time we brushed past them with ease as a fit again Perez came off the bench to score and assist within five minutes to finish off the game.

In the Final we faced a Southampton side who'd run out of steam and we thrashed them with Sanchez grabbing a hat-trick to make him the top scorer in the FA Cup this season.

[video=youtube_share;qXUlsOIgWOw]

Champions League

We move upto First Seeds this season, which still results in a difficult group on paper as we draw AC Milan again, AS Monaco who struggle to get out of the group stage and lost the Europa League Final twice (2015 to Rubin and 2025 to West Ham), completing the group were Dane's FC Kobenhavn who were making just their fifth appearance in the group stage.

Group Stage - We suffered a shock defeat to Kobenhavn in our opening game, but recovered to thrash Milan 5-0 thanks to a hat-trick from Sanchez and comfortable wins over Monaco secured qualification with two games to spare, we then got revenge on Kobenhavn to secure top spot, and despite losing Kobenhavn also qualified, we finished the group with a win in Milan whilst fielding four academy players (only one of which is any good). There were also a couple of other shocks in the group stage as both Barcelona and Dortmund finished third, and Romanian side Panduri finished ahead of Atletico and Porto.

Knockout Round drew us against German side Leverkusen, who'd made it out of the Group stage for the first time since 2015 when they lost in the Semi to Chelsea, they'd also lost a Europa Semi to Arsenal a couple of years back and we weren't in the mood to make things any better as the First Leg was the first game I was able to actually field a full strength side this season and it showed as we destroyed them winning 5-0, for the Second Leg I was able to rest players and still win 1-0.

The Quarter Final saw us take on the last remaining German side FC Bayern who we'd beaten at this stage a couple of years back (and played in the Group Stage) and since then they'd lost in the Final to Madrid. With the First Leg in Germany things didn't go to plan as we fell behind but two quick goals from Reinaldo put us ahead though Bayern equalised in the second half and then scored a winner in the last minute, on the plus side we at least had a couple of away goals. In the Second Leg an early goal from Danish Winger Jensen put us ahead on away goals, but a silly two footed challenge from Schmitt on the stroke of half-time put us under threat (and would rule him out of the final if we got there) thankfully we defended well and held on to go through on away goals.

The Semi-Final drew us against Man Utd (I was fully expecting to get Chelsea instead they had to face Madrid) and again the First Leg didn't go to plan as we lost in Manchester thanks to a dodgy penalty, and the Second Leg didn't get off to the best of starts as we quickly fell behind however that spured my side into act as we battered Utd claiming a fantastic 6-1 win to book a place in the Final at Old Trafford...

The Final would draw us against Real Madrid who'd beaten Chelsea on away goals (it really wasn't Chelsea's season :))

And we made a great start as Winger Jensen's cross was bundled into the goal by Madrids Keeper, Perez then added a second before Madrid pulled one back but we held on and Jensen made sure of things with his second in the last minute before Sanchez scored an injury time goal against his former club to make him worth every penny of the £36m he cost :cool:

[video=youtube_share;UqpvQ3NqUcE]

I've also

of the rest of this seasons Champions League run, including a slowed down version of the Jensen goal from the final from a better angle. (I also changed the format of the UCL videos - manually captured them, as it was quicker and the highlights don't feel as good with out the sound or commentry bar showing).

And all that means after 7,269 days, 20 seasons, 1,068 games, 1,980 goals, 232 players and with £11m profit made on transfers the challenge has been completed :cool:

Squad, Overview and Best XI

It was a solid season in Goal for Belgian Rayan Messaoudi, whilst German Wonderkid Hans-Peter Weiser had a solid season despite a shaky start.

In Defense Right Back Alan Woods had a solid season though like most players didn't hit the form of last season, on the Left Italian Giuseppe Scaffidi was also unable to recreate last seasons form, though they both finished the season in fine form, providing cover down the right was Saudi Attacking Full-Back Ibrahim Al-Shibani who had a solid season and was named in the Asian All-Star XI (I've no idea what counts for appearances for it I can only guess its for International appearances), though the breakout performances were from English Wonderkid Bryan Hogg who stepped in when the rest of my left-backs were injuried and had a fine season.

At Centre-Back were about the only two players who weren't injured at some point this season as Cesar Domingos becomes a World-Class Defender and has formed a strong partnership with Strong German Centre-Back Mamadou Keita, providing cover were two Wonderkids Englishman Ashley John and Dane Leif Givskov who both had solid seasons.

In the Centre of Midfield Cultured German Midfielder Sven Schmitt had another fine season despite missing over three months of it due to injury, thankfully I had new signing Spanish Midfield Playmaker Jesus to step in who had an excellent debut season despite missing five months of the season due to injury. Playing in the Defensive role was Kierson Parsons who did ok considering he had to carry the midfield at times, providing cover were several English Youngsters Tom Racine who did ok but isn't really ready to be a starter yet, and Academy youngster Ollie Johnson who despite not being rated much by my staff stepped up with some fine performances and even got a goal in the League Cup Final.

On the Right Wing Bolivian Carlos Mejia missed pretty much the entire season through injury and may also have lost his place in the side as I moved Spanish Striker Jose Perez out to the Right were he excelled, before also getting injured, which gave English Wonderkid Michael Christensen a chance to impress.

Down the Left Croatian Marko Crnkovic had a poor season and just couldn't get going and with him wanting a new challenge I've let him join Barcelona for £30m, mainly because Danish Wonderkid Peter Jensen finally stepped up with some fine performance, well once he stopped moaning about wanting out.

Playing in the hole was Brazilian Reinaldo who wasn't helped by missing four months due to injury, put at least turned up in the UCL Knockout stages when needed, with Reinaldo out injured and Kieffer too old I placed my faith in 17yo English Wonderkid Kristian Willis who repayed it with some fine performances, though his form did drop in the second half of the season thankfully by then my better players were back.

Upfront Record Signing Enthusiastic Spanish Striker Llorenc Sanchez proved to be the player we needed as he was scoring goals for fun and fell two goals short of setting a new Fylde record, just imagine how many goals he would have scored if my star players weren't all injuried :( Providing cover was my highly rated Danish Wonderkid Kent Friis who is still raw but showed his potential this season.

Injuries - To show how bad my injuries were this season the below image shows how many injuries my first and second XI got, how long they were out (in weeks) and how many league appearances they managed (should normaly total 38 games between first and second choice, though Hogg and Perez played in several positions) and this only counts my best 22 not third choice, loaned out or youth players:

injuries.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7coToXQFl9Rkqf1UPhtH_veTofwtJjBCIZQ5C9aFsPJ_j-1KYtX3cOK9cpilN-J932DpU0XjzyutIa1sjN6Y8hnfWar2yzK5WSgxYGnIFvtXlCMk88qEcukpMY6tjjgALwGtDUFqsJIm2O9rSROKT16MnI97F6dnQ6p14d6fp1R92EN5NFDUPln9TjmrKW2t9E9Iw_m_PiTh4J6HtrBvE-vcG_imljlq82V2I0Xrdp8ihE1VTN4%3D&attredirects=0

Awards - Willis was named European Golden Boy, Sanchez was named UCL Best Player, finished second for the Golden Boot behind his old teammate and was third for European Best Player Award, with him and Keita being named in the Dream Team - not quite sure why the rest of my players got snubbed as apart from the centre midfielders my players were better rated, it seems the less games my injured players played counted against them this season.

World Cup Awards - it was a good World Cup for my Spanish Midfielder Jesus who was named Best Player and Young Player and also came third for the Golden Boot not bad for a player who only made his debut at the start of the season, whilst English Defenders John and Woods join him in the Dream Team with Schmitt making the bench.

Overall XI - Domingos becomes the latest player to make our all-time XI.

Academy - My Brazilian Feeder finally gifted me a quality player in Gaviao who has the potential to be World Class it's a shame a Striker was the last position I needed a player for, whilst Charlie Grosvenor became my first academy player to become a Wonderkid :cool:

Manager Profile and History - I was also somehow named Prem Manager of the Year, with the Chelsea manager being utterly snubbed. I also finally made it into the English Hall of Fame after winning the League Cup, though after winning the FA Cup and Champions I lept upto 3rd, the only other in-game manager is West Ham boss Flitcroft who has lifted the Europa League four times (excluding my profile from an FMC game in Iceland).

Takeover talk - out of the blue my chairman decided he'd had enough (after we'd moved into a new stadium and won the title?), thankfully their wasn't any messing around this time though the new guy was rumoured to want John Terry to replace me as manager - who'd got Wigan into the Champions League in 2025 and Huddersfield into Europe in 2031 but hadn't even come close to winning anything. With the takeover complete he still wanted to fire me, though weirdly pumped £44m into the club (according to the finance screen it was £80m, plus he paid off the stadium loan which wasn't mentioned), eventually everyone else persuaded him to keep me, though I have a feeling the guy is going to be an arse considering his first act was to approve the sale of Crnkovic over my head (I was going to confirm it anyway).

New Stadium - We finally moved into our new stadium this season and straight away the (old) board agreed to increase it's size by ~10,000, though when the new guy took over I got a message about planning permission for another new stadium being rejected? Though he then announced we'd be increasing our current new stadium by 50% (the increase is more than the size of our old stadium) and moving all the way to Goodison Park for next season.

Finances - We were on course to make a small profit before the new chairman randomly gave us £80m and it's not like he even increased our transfer budget as it was around that amount before he took over. And at the end of the season he has took £23m back as dividends and we've ended up with a £20m tax bill so I'm guessing that's how the game calculated he'd paid in £90m. On the plus side he's much better at sponsorship deals as we've announced new deals worth £15m for next season, this season we earned £2m :)

Reputation - We become the best team in the World :cool:

State of the World

Championship

League One - The AI is making it's own attempt at the challenge with King's Lynn, whilst Bolton return to the Championship after 13 years in the lower divisions.

League Two - Things aren't going well for Palace or Sunderland.

Skrill Prem - Whilst Stoke will have to play another season in non-league football.

Skrill North and Skrill South.

FA Cup - Saw early wins for West Brom, Wigan, QPR and Forest, before being dominated by Utd and City with ourselves and Chelsea getting in on the action in recent seasons. City have claimed five titles but Utd still top the charts with 15.

League Cup - Surprisingly dominated by the top sides with City claiming six titles but Liverpool still hold the record with nine, whilst Utd have lost all nine finals so far :(

Champions League - Juventus surprisingly lead the way with five wins with Paris second with four, with Spurs being the shock winners in 2021. Whilst Real Madrid hold the record with 11 wins.

Europa League - Dominated by English sides, with West Ham and Chelsea both claiming four wins, with Chelsea holding the record with five titles, shock winner would be Rubin in 2016.

European Championship - Poland are the current holders, with Spain adding another two to give them the record with five titles, with Scotland somehow reaching the Final in 2024 whilst the UK has hosted the last two tournements. England have had a poor time going out in the Second Round each time, apart from the last one where they lost to Poland on pens.

World Cup - England have just won the World Cup in Australia beating Germany on pens, whilst Romania came third beating Belarus in the Third place playoff, shocks include Japan winning in 2014, Chile winning 2022 and Jamaica (2014) and NIreland (2026) finishing third.

Nationality Break Down:

19: ENG

4: BRA, GER

3: DEN, ESP

1: AUT, BEL, BOL, CRO, FRA, MEX, POR, KSA, SRB, WAL

Homegrown (15-21 excluding yth players):

Club: 23

Nation: 5

Due: 14

Registered League Squad: 8 from 15 players.

Goals for next season

- Not sure if I carry try and dominate and develop my academy players, finally take a national side job now I can shame this is the one time the England job isn't up (though they haven't offered it to me at all so far, had other offers in the best though), I've also add a couple of other leagues to add some competition.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

Single Game: 6,272,192 (64,036)

Single Season: 1,172,506 (200,521)

Single Season in England: 1,172,506 (202,435)

Single Season Premier Division: 1,172,506 (109,980)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14/15[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]20,675 / 27,370[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]27,387 / 51,605[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]18th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]46,936 / 98,541[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]51,575 / 150,116[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]72,604 / 222,720[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]119,257 / 341,977[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]10th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]103,178 / 445,155[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Champions - Promoted![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]944,378 / 1,389,533[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/25[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]14th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]156,012 / 1,545,545[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25/26[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]165,782 / 1,711,327[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26/27[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa 1st KO[/TD]

[TD]177,426 / 1,888,753[/TD]

[TD]32.092 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]148,102 / 2,036,855[/TD]

[TD]31.617 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28/29[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]286,240 / 2,319,502[/TD]

[TD]57.560 (36)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29/30[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]272,759 / 2,592,261[/TD]

[TD]58.831 (38)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]30/31[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]2nd[/TD]

[TD]FA & League Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]UCL Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]1,172,506 / 3,764,767[/TD]

[TD]88.718 (21)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]31/32[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]UCL QF[/TD]

[TD]615,424 / 4,380,191[/TD]

[TD]101.925 (15th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]32/33[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Prermier League Champions!!![/TD]

[TD]UCL QF[/TD]

[TD]766,482 / 5,146,673[/TD]

[TD]128.728 (9th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]33/34

[/TD]

[TD]Premier Division

[/TD]

[TD]3rd

[/TD]

[TD]FA & League Cup Winners

[/TD]

[TD]UCL Winners

[/TD]

[TD]1,125,519 / 6,272,192

[/TD]

[TD]135.671 (6th)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]33/34[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]!!! Challenge Complete !!![/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Was thinking of waiting until FM15 to try this again but I dont think I can wait and wont have much time then anyway. Might as well use the next month. Is this forum still lively enough to be worthwhile posting? Anyone recommend any decent teams to start with if so? Preferably with nice colours and a funny badge haha. My local team (Tooting and Mitcham) keep getting relegated :-(

I've had a think and I've realised that Carshalton is pretty close, even if it's not quite as close as Tooting and Mitcham. I am currently holidaying on all three machines (yes, I'm even using my work laptop!), and will reload on all three until I get bored looking for Met Police because I've always wanted them. Failing that, it'll be Carshalton for me.

Edt: 4 minutes into holidaying, the relative speeds of my machines is becoming clear:

Desktop: 10th September

My Laptop: 1st September

Work Laptop: 13th July

...they started at the same time (well, within 5 seconds of one another!).

My career at Carshalton has begun. Out of interest, I kept a table of the teams I saw in the 25 reloads I did. Here it is:

[TABLE="width: 295"]
[TR]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD]Percentage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chorley[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]60%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AFC Fylde[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]44%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Corby[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]44%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cambridge City[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]40%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FCUM[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]40%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lowestoft[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]36%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]St Albans[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]32%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Redditch[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wealdstone[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kingstonian[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Worksop[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bury Town[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]24%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AFC Hornchurch[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]20%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Billericay[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Weymouth[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Truro[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]16%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hampton & Richmond[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]12%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Canvey Island[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]12%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Buxton[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Skelmersdale[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hitchin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rushall[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bedford[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lewes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Witton[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Whitby[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Carshalton[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

OK, so due to a squad that was totally pathetic other than the front three (of the players who started at least one game, four averaged over 6.75 - three strikers who rotated for two slots in the side and an attacking right winger), I have been relegated by some margin.

My thoughts on what went wrong?

I was a bit too romantic in choosing my assistant - one of my favourite Arsenal players in Ian Selley (whose promising career was ended early in the mid-90s by injury, by the way).

I have a major problem with this tactics engine - I can't get it right. I need some help here.

I don't really know how to troubleshoot at this level with this FM - I do think it's much more difficult than the last time I played in this challenge in FM12. I think next time I'll have to pick one tactic (for which I will need help!) and just stick with it, trying to tailor my squad to the tactic rather than the other way round. It's just too fiddly to tinker much with the tactic.

Need to be a bit more selective on players I sign and rely less on the assistant's ratings.

I'll have a quick look at who is promoted in 2015 and if it's Met Police or someone I'll just go to them. Otherwise I'll start again with Carshalton as I have a June 25th save with them.

I like this challenge, but I've not yet completed more than two seasons of it. I don't think I'm really cut out for these sort of teams.. I don't really know where to prioritise.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I've started a file as Nantwich Town but have no plans to post anything on here about it until I start getting some success..

Relegated again. Is this challenge a lot harder these days? I did pretty well with Harrow a couple of years ago!

This version has definitely been harder than last year's for me. My Truro team is the first time I've survived more than 3 seasons but I still haven't been able to fight out of the lowest level.

FC_United.png

FC United

Skrill North

2014/15: Media Prediction - 20th

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Transfers

Squad

Not all my signings came off this year. The fact is I spent most of the season in a seemingly hopeless relegation battle. I think a lot of that is tactics based. I need some help with tactics, folks. Anyone got a killer tactic?

The Skrill North Banner.jpg

League Table | Position Graph

Won the first two games, went three months without winning, only got my fourth win in January with a magnificent 4-1 win against Corby but then only another 3 wins before April. Then in April we won all five of our last five games to scrape survival by the skin of our teeth. It wasn't pleasant.

pic_2011-12_fa_cup_bud_logo_small.jpg

Pretty disappointing to miss out on a big tie.

fa_trophy_small.gif

Almost as disappointing: a first round exit.

Key Players

Lee Boyce | Mike Norton | Connor Hunt

Boyce's age is a plus: it's just a shame his low determination will hold him back from meeting his potential. He was a regen in the holiday man season. Norton is the opposite but he's probably only got one more season, unfortunately [sTOP PRESS: Not even that. He has retired]. Connor Hunt had a pretty poor defensive line to work behind. He did a good job in tough circumstances.

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Connor Hunt

Team of the Year

Not sure why Simm is in there and not Norton but oh well.

Aims For Next Season

Be safe with at least 2 games to go. I'm not expecting miracles but I don't want another season like that one.

Career Overview

[size=4]Season      League               League Finish     Points       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9772482&viewfull=1#post9772482"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North             19th            45         Survival
[/size]

Rushall - 2024/25 - Championship - 5th

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

Not updated for two seasons so here's a delayed report. To catch up, we finished 18th in 22/23, our first Championship season and 8th the following season. Over the two seasons I was able to bring in significant amounts of money from transfer sales.

At the start of this season the core of the team who finished 8th last season stayed on. Sales brought in £25m giving me a large kitty in combination with funds remaining from last seasons sales. I decided to splash the majority of this on a Man United's young striker Eduard Safonov who had been on loan at Metalist Kharvic. £15m brought in the Ukrainian born English striker. His arrival pushed existing striker David Mitchell to the wing, Mitchell excelled in this position scoring 15 and setting up a further 22 assists. Safonov hit 29 goals himself and playmaker John Fulton who had also joined in the summer from Leicester added a further 22. This attacking threesome was very effective, unfortunately there were weaknesses in other areas particularily defence. Hopefully with new midfielders set to join we will be strong enough to challenge next season.

Championship Table

FA Cup - 3rd Round

League Cup - Quarter Final

The Team

GK Stratos Kakiousis - 22 year old Greek keeper signed for £180k in January to replace Varriale who moved to Atletico.

RB Gerardo Da Silva - Uruguayan fullback joined last summer from French club Lorient. Has overcome homesickness earlier in the season.

CB Danni Westermann - Dannish Centreback, had a decent season following his move from FC Midtylland at the start of the season on a free.

CB Roland Engtorp - Swedish centreback signed for £725k from IFK Goteborg two years ago.

LB Florian Hartherz - 32 year old German fullback signed two years ago from Furth. Will be sold in the Summer.

RW David Mitchell - Signed two seasons ago from Everton for £4.5m. Scored 25 goals last season as a striker, moved to the right wing this season and accrued 15 goals and 22 assists.

BBM Miguel Angel Dominguez - Spanish midfielder joined last season from Leverkusen. Had a good season but will be sold in the summer.

DLP Trond Fagereng - Norwegian midfielder, signed from Rosenberg for £56k and has put in 2 solid seasons now.

LW Ovidiu Ungureanu - 21 year old Romanian left winger. Has the right attributes but has been only average in his two seasons with the team.

TRQ [/url]John Fulton - Scottish playmaker, had a great season and was voted Championship player of the year.

AF Eduard Safonov - £15m signing from Man United last summer. Expensive but contributed 29 league goals. Picked up his first England cap in March.

With the game being much harder IMO for this challenge, I figured I'd go for a bigger team. Ironically, it still took me four reloads to get the team I had in mind.

FC United will be my third attempt. I hope this in no way makes me a United fan. I will be aiming to knock them off their perch as the 2nd team in Manchester!

I managed more re-starts before getting it right... if I can offer any bit of advice, spending some time in the tactics forum was a fantastic help for me. The tactic has to be bob on at lower level I think.

It does get easier once you get out of the Skrill North/South. Once you get a couple of promotions the board puts less pressure on.

The save went south again in the second season. I think I'll take a bit of a break to miss FM again and then before going back to it, spending some time in the tactics forum. Any particular threads you recommend?

Yeah, this one is good

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375632-Pairs-amp-Combinations-The-Complete-Series-*UPDATED*

also this one

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM14-A-Twelve-Step-Guide

Truro City

14096_zps7d3c617a.png

This is my progress so far, I am currently halfway through my first season as a professional club in the Sky Bet League 2, sitting in 18th but well clear of relegation.

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Skrill South         5th                 Promoted to the Skrill Premier
2015/16     Skrill Premier       20th                Won the English FA Trophy
2016/17     Skrill Premier       1st                 Won the Skrill Premier

Had a look at some of the guides and one of my key mistakes, I think, was that I had two limited defenders with "stopper" duty - a big no-no. I'm going to remodel my tactics and try again from the start of season two.

EDT: Thanks for that, after a few initial teething problems, the new tactic has worked a treat! Touch wood!

FC_United.png

FC United

Skrill North

2015/16: Media Prediction - 11th

Squad

Key players massively improved this year. Boyce's development carries on apace and James Dean was a good find. But more important was the improvement of Ashworth and Hughes, thanks to improved tactics in the back four, and they are now a crucial partnership in the side.

After a tough start that saw my job under serious threat, we pulled ourselves together and with a bit of tweaking of the tactics, turned our fortunes around. It was a really good season in the end, we achieved far more than I expected. Having said that, with three games to go we had a playoff spot in our hands and an outside chance of automatic promotion and then we lost 2-0 at already-relegated Bradford Park Avenue, which was really disappointing. Even then, we would have been in the playoffs if we had even drawn AFC Fylde (who were already relegated) on the last day because Hednesford lost to Gainsborough! But a first half in which we went 3-0 down was just a little too much to recover from - but we made it exciting by getting two. Pretty gutted! Still, going from fighting till the end to avoid relegation to fighting till the bitter end for a playoff place is major progress. And there is no way we were ready for promotion this season. I just hope I haven't put too much pressure on myself for next season, with a board with very itchy fingers.

About the worst possible draw in the 1st round proper possible. Could have got someone like Nottingham Forest and a massive windfall. Oh well. It's progress.

fa_trophy_small.gif

My first giant-killing - North Ferriby are in the Skrill Premier. Pleased with that. Shame the Stockport tie was at home, though.

Key Players

Lee Boyce | James Dean | Luke Ashworth | Adam Dawson

James Dean's success shows that my assistant's relatively high JA/JP cannot be relied upon. Ashworth's improvement has already been remarked upon, and Dawson, along with Dean, created more assists than any other player.

Awards

Lee Boyce

Team of the Year

Makes it very clear where the problems were this season (full backs).

Historical XI

Six players inducted in the second season - but only two of the 18 average over 7.

Review of Aims for This Season

Be safe with at least 2 games to go. I'm not expecting miracles but I don't want another season like that one.

Well, I had the same number of points I managed to stay up with last season after just 26 games! In then end, 25 points more. And promotion would have been too soon, almost certainly.

Aims for Next Season

I'd take exactly the same points tally and the same finish for consolidation after a season of overachievement, but I will be aiming for at least the playoffs. However, although most of the key players from this season have signed on, a LOT of the others haven't. So I'll have a frame of decent players but that will be about it. My squad will be about ten strong! Some negotiating to be done, methinks! I have to admit, I see tough times ahead with a new squad and big expectations.

Career Overview

[size=4]Season      League               League Finish     Points       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9772482&viewfull=1#post9772482"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North             19th            45         Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9784784&viewfull=1#post9784784"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North              6th            70         Minor giantkilling in FA Trophy (N Ferriby)
[/size]

Have given these great guides a good read. Going to have a final crack at this now :)

Loading now will let you know who I choose

FC_United.png

FC United

Skrill North

2016/17: Media Prediction - 14th

Squad

It was about 75% new players this year, so I suppose it was to be expected that we lacked consistency. I think I need to start keeping first teamers for an extra season even if they haven't been performing, just to keep the base of the team steady.

Although it looks worse than it really was (because I started to bed in a new formation with no full backs from scratch with 6 games to go when promotion was already out of reach), it was still a disappointing season. Sorry, forgot to take a screenshot of the position graph but it would have started quite high and gone steadily downwards.

Pathetic display against a real minnow.

fa_trophy_small.gif

Another poor performance against a team that was eminently beatable.

Key Players

Adam Dawson | Joe Jackson | Luke Ashworth | Matty Hughes

Dawson is one of the best players in the league, whilst Jackson is a player I was chasing all of last season and though he wasn't as good as I had hoped, he did become one of our best players. Ashworth and Hughes' partnership is really solid, it's just a shame that the full backs let them down - which is why the 3-5-2 experiment has been necessary.

Awards

Adam Dawson

Team of the Year

Central midfield and full back are the problem areas.

Historical XI

Jackson, Platt and Wilson inducted.

I'd take exactly the same points tally and the same finish for consolidation after a season of overachievement, but I will be aiming for at least the playoffs.

My fears were well founded as we found it harder this year. I'm holding onto a few more players this year, but there is no doubt after two steps forward last year, we took one back this year. But two steps forward and then one back is better than the other way round!

Aims for Next Season

70 points and a decent cup run to boost the coffers.

Career Overview

[size=4]Season      League          League Finish      Points       Achievements
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9772482&viewfull=1#post9772482"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         19th            45         Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9784784&viewfull=1#post9784784"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North          6th            70         Minor giantkilling in FA Trophy (N Ferriby)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9788388&viewfull=1#post9788388"]2016/17[/url]     Skrill North         11th            58         None.
[/size]

I was going to choose a team that had a vacant manager position but none did so I chickened out and chose the highest rated team.

Have 27 players but 10 are mediocre MC'S. Have one player with leading Championship potential who won't sign a deal. His current ability is still only Skrill Premier Level so hopefully he won't be poached before I can sign him to a deal.

Fortunately the majority of my players contracts end this week so I can rebuild the squad quite easily as I already have 1.1k spare wage budget. Same goes for the staff.

HdiaRu.png

iWAeVO.png

150px-Truro-city-football-club.png

With the loss of Guy Hughes at AMC, we decided to swap the AMC for a 2nd defensive midfielder, going with a 4-2-2-2.

League Table

My first coach of the year award somehow, but it would have been much more satisfying with a playoff appearance.

Our defense was outstanding, top in the league. Just not quite enough offense though as we finished 1 point out of the playoffs. We started out great, going undefeated and allowing only 5 goals in our first 13 league games. Our offensive weakness caught up to us and pushed us back to 7th in the league. Out of desperation I brought back Matt Dinsmore, mostly to help with our inability to do anything on set pieces. We put up a charge at the end, going 7 games without losing but falling just short.

One offensive bright spot for us was a young striker we signed, Danny Posey. He scored 8 goals and added 12 goals. I started out using him as a false 9 lined up with John Bragg but when I brought in Dinsmore I moved Posey to a more attacking role and he responded very well. Bragg ended up being our top goal scorer with 13 but he tailed off toward the end of the season.

Goalkeeper Peter Kuhl was our star and Fans Player of the Year with 9 clean sheets and 25 goals allowed in 26 games. I started out rotating him with Erick Joseph but he took over the starting job. I felt pretty confident with either playing though.

We had a rough time in the cups. In the FA Cup we narrowly beat Yate 1-0 then drew with Billericay 1-1 before losing the replay at home 1-3. In the FA Trophy we lost our first game to leaguemates Staine 0-1.

We need to find a way to add more offense going into next season. The defense is top notch though and we're returning out team mostly intact. Our one main loss is our young star center back Darren Masters who refused to resign with us. But just before his contract ran out, Skrill Premier side Hereford bought Masters from us for 25% of his next sale so at least we got something for him. He really didn't play that well for us last season so I think we can replace him easily enough.

FC_United.png

The New Noisy Neighbours: FC United 2017-18 Season Review

Season Review

After promotion for the last four years (if you count the 13-14 promotion), we were yet again among the smallest teams in the division. This made the funds for League One-class players scarce. However, I was able to convince players from recently relegated teams - this is how we got hold of new star striker Vadaine Oliver. At first I paired Oliver with Luxembourg international Aurelien Joachim, but soon he proved no better than existing players. Towards the end of the season, I signed Leroy Lita - who immediately turned the team around with his high rate of goals and assists. At the other end, new 'keeper Germain Sanou was perhaps one of my more inconsistent performers, but he still played well enough to help us to 3rd place, with help from defensive talent such as ex-Scotland defender Kirk Broadfoot. A finish of 3rd set us up against 6th placed Millwall, who forced a draw in the first leg but fell to Eric Odhiambo in the second leg- Odhiambo had been brilliant all year, often popping up with a match-winner late on. The final against Preston was a nervy affair, and, in the end our nerves failed and we threw away a fifth straight promotion from the penalty spot.

Competitions in brief

League (3rd)

Too many silly goals probably cost us the key points. Lost on penalties to Preston in the playoff final.

FA Cup (4th Round)

A good little cup run, ending with a nice earner against Spurs.

League Cup (3rd Round)

Two good wins against Championship sides before being utterly destroyed by Man City...

Winners & Losers

Premier League: Arsenal, Chelsea, Wigan, Man City (CL), Spurs, West Brom, Watford (EL) Relegated: Stoke, Nottm Forest, Q.P.R.

Championship: Leeds, Brighton, Cardiff Relegated: Ipswich, Bolton, Middlesborough

League One: Fleetwood, Swindon, Preston Relegated: Gillingham, Hartlepool, Barnsley, Stevenage

League Two: Chesterfield, Carlisle, AFC Wimbledon, Wycombe Relegated: Torquay, Kidderminster

Conference National: Exeter, Newport Co Relegated: Dover, Alfreton, Eastbourne Boro, Redditch

Conference North: Macclesfield, Chorley Relegated: Bradford PA, Hednesford, Leamington

Conference South: Welling, Salisbury Relegated: Whitehawk, Farnborough, Hampton & Richmond

Promoted from level 7: Basingstoke, Lowestoft, St. Albans, Blyth, Lewes, Worksop

FA Cup: Chelsea (v Liverpool)

League Cup: Tottenham (v Newcastle)

JPT: Preston (v Millwall)

Champions League: Barcelona (v R. Madrid)

Europa League: Chelsea (v Juventus)

English clubs in Europe:

Derby: Eliminated in Europa League Group Stage

Watford: Eliminated in Europa League 2nd Knockout round (by Zenit)

Arsenal: Eliminated in Champions League Quarter Final (by FC Bayern)

Man Utd: Eliminated in Champions League Quarter Final (by Man City)

Man City: Eliminated in Champions League Semi Final (by Barcelona)

Chelsea: Won Europa League final (against Juventus)

Best Eleven (Season) | Best Eleven (Career) | Transfers | Facts & Figures

Thinking of giving this a bash lads should i? Been looking for an actively decent challenge for a while that has active discussion on it.

This one's good if you've got time and patience. I've been bashing away with FC United for a while now and I'm probably still a few seasons away from even challenging for Europe.

This one's good if you've got time and patience. I've been bashing away with FC United for a while now and I'm probably still a few seasons away from even challenging for Europe.

Thats good Lenzar,if im being brutally honest im very novice at FM so this will be a good challenge for me into the lower murky depths.Im holidaying the first season as we speak as per the OP rules,so should be quite interesting who i get.Looking forward to it.

FC_United.png

FC United

Skrill North

2017/18: Media Prediction - 14th

Squad

Some of the stalwarts improving a bit this year but the gaps (with the exception of new signing Jackson) still need to be plugged. The team is carrying too many players.

The position graph tells a story. We didn't make such a bad start, but within a few games our form nosedived and we never looked like challenging for a playoff place.

Once again a pathetic display. Losing to a team I've never heard of was particularly gut-wrenching!

fa_trophy_small.gif

Another poor performance against a team that was eminently beatable.

Key Players

Adam Dawson | Joe Jackson | Callum O'Dowda | Luke Ashworth

Holding onto these players was the key issue this season. Dawson is a stalwart now and by far my best player, but Jackson was a good signing and has done well. O'Dowda is an interesting one - he doesnt' do that well but we seem to win far more games when he plays. Ashworth did very well for a centre back this season - despite a massive downturn in form from his long-time partner Matty Hughes.

Awards

Adam Dawson

Team of the Year

Really need to sort out the defence and the central midfield positions.

Historical XI

Won't be long before Jackson gets in the first XI, I reckon.

Missed by some distance on both counts.

Aims for Next Season

Career Overview

[size=4]Season      League          League Finish      Points       Achievements
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9772482&viewfull=1#post9772482]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         19th            45         Survival
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9784784&viewfull=1#post9784784]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North          6th            70         Minor giantkilling in FA Trophy (N Ferriby)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9788388&viewfull=1#post9788388]2016/17[/url]     Skrill North         11th            58         None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9792166&viewfull=1#post9792166]2017/18[/url]     Skrill North         18th            50         None.
[/size]

Archived