Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM14 challenge

Has anyone had any truly car wreck careers so far?

Finding this year a bit tougher than previous years. Here is my record so far:

Season    Team         League        Position    Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   St. Albans   Skrill South    22nd      Relegated and sacked
2015/16	 Unemployed
2016/17   Chorley      Skrill North    22nd      Relegated and sacked
2017/18   Unemployed
2018/19   Ashton       Skrill North    22nd      Relegated and sacked
2019/20   Unemployed
2020/21   Unemployed
2021/22   Stafford     Skrill North 

Finding it tough to even get a job in some seasons. After seven unsuccessful job applications, Stafford have given me another chance. Hope their expectations aren't high. I'm incredibly consistent. ;)

Not exactly as tough as yours, but I took over Cambridge City 2 seasons ago. Last season barely stayed up (finished 19th, one point ahead of 20th), this season I managed to finish 13th. Better, but still not much perspective for growth. I have no transfer budget, get only 10% of transfer sales made available, which with the money I'm loosing every month is less than nothing. I'm at maximum wage budget and the board keeps insisting they can't find a parent club. This is going to be an interesting challenge...

Sorry for the rant, I'm sure I'm not the only one ;)

I have just had Kingstonian come up. I thought they were not available in this challenge.

Just saw this thread; the challenge sounds totally awesome. Don't yet know how to upload photos on here, but have started a game with Hampton and Richmond after the fifth reload and have managed to tie down my best players to 1 and 2 year contracts (they were all expiring) including one guy who has 12 for most of his technical attributes..... in the Skrill South!

St. Neots Town - 2015/16 - 2nd Skrill South

Despite our generally excellent performances throughout the season, it ultimately ended in disappointment as we lost out on both the title and promotion. However, the season did see the breakthrough of some of my youth prospects which gives me hope for the future.

Skrill South - After much of the season holding a play off place, we found ourselves top with one game to go. If we won we were champions. So what did we do? Utterly bottle it as pretty much my entire team played nervously in our final match. We finished 2nd and meant a play off campaign to decide our season...

Play-Offs - The first leg ended badly, losing 2-1, but we managed to come back in the home leg, winning 3-0. The final went awfully, with the team collapsing 4-0 against Aldershot.

FA Cup - A much better season that saw us reach the first round proper for only the second time in the clubs history.

FA Trophy - We made it to the first round but lost to Tamworth to a late goal despite being the better team throughout the match.

Transfers

Finances

Team of the season

Key Players:

Mikel Suarez - Though he was out for most of the end of the season, his 14 league goals were vital to our efforts as he finished again as our top goalscorer. Out of contract and I'm considering his future.

Tom Rosenthal - I brought him in on loan after our captain, Steve Towers, got injured. Slotted in to the squad beautifully and was missed in the play off final.

David Adedipe - Contributed massively on the right wing, scoring goals and providing important assists.

Ones to watch:

Paul Parkin - I eventually brought him into the squad due to an injury crisis up front. Scored on his first team debut and end the season as my main striker. Definitely going to be in the squad next year.

Danny Searle - Another player brought up from the youth team due to injuries. Played well in the middle and played nicely in both roles I have there.

Next season:

I'm cautious about how we are going to manage next season. We almost were crowned champions but the squad may be completely new next season with a lot of players out of contract. Hopefully I can maintain a core and reach the play offs again at the very least.

I've spent two weeks working on my tactics having conceded that my current tactic just wasn't up to scratch. Far too often I was getting caught out on the break having dominated games. I've now got a tactic that I am very happy with so I'm going to get back in the saddle.

Good luck to all the new players! (and repeat attempts as well!). About to finish my 11th season (1st in League Two), and it's possibly going to come down to the final match or two to determine whether I stay up or not. Currently sitting 22d with only a point to spare (but 5 teams above within 3 points as well) and 10 to play...but things have gone badly wrong over the past two months (injuries and match congestion due to missed matches have killed me). Hopefully with this bit of break my team can recover thier health and press on...but, as I said...its likely going to come down to the final match.

AFC Fylde – Premier League 2030/31 – Season 17

So after claiming our First Champions League place last season the board wanted at least a Europa League spot for next season, whilst the bookies gave us an outside chance of the title with the media predicting a fifth placed finish.

We also continued to climb the Rich List making it to 13th ahead of the likes of Dortmund, whilst we also got to offer Kieffer a Testimonial match against Paris which he rather fittingly got man of the match in.

Transfers - My plans for the season were thrown into disarray as all of my Keepers wanted out - I lost third choice Betts on a free to Motherwell after he randomly refused to sign a new contract, I also wasn't in a position to turn down a £2m+ bid for Youngster Kwarteng who wasn't developing, first choice Keeper Filipe still refused to disscuss a new contract even with us getting into the Champions League, whilst Backup Jimenez was wanting £50K p/w and to be first choice. So with my scouts scouring the world looking for new Keepers they thankfully found me a couple though getting them was another problem, first they spotted the Brazil #1 at the World Cup got a reasonable offer of £13m accepted and agreed to give him an expensive £60K p/w only for Paris to come in at the last minute and offer him £90K p/w, next I turned to a young Keeper at Huddersfield who I'd been keeping an eye on for a little while but attempts to sign him were met with demands just outside my reach and when I freed up more funds they increased their price first to £15m then £25m (most from clauses), I was also chasing a youngster from Wigan, but with Filipe wanting out I also needed a first choice so I snapped up the Belgian #1 for a bargain £6m from Genk and sold Filipe to Lyon for a club record £25m and then told my DoF to try and sign the Wigan or Huddersfield Keepers and he actually did a better job than me in getting offers accepted, however the Huddersfield Keepers agent was an idiot demanding several million for his fee which we couldn't meet and any attempts to lower it were met with him storming out, whilst the Wigan Keeper now decided he had no interest in signing for me :(

In January I finally got rid of Jimenez as he still wouldn't lower his demands (but was happy to sign for Getafe on £19K p/w!) and loaned in Barbu from Lyon to provide cover in goal, other signings were various youngsters though I did nap up Argentine Attacker Llop for a bargain £3m after my scouts spotted him during the World Cup and reckoned he was as good as Perez. Saleswise I sold off various squad players who weren't good enough starting off with DC Linhart who I robbed QPR of £6m for him, Argentine Striker Alegre also left as did Irish Attacker Conneely who complained with the arrival of Llop (despite the sale of Alegre balancing the arrival of Llop) and joined a growing number of my ex-players at Wolves, finally I let MC Miller join Wigan in January as his contract was up and whilst I liked him he was wanting £60K p/w which was more than I was willing to pay and I also had a couple of promising youngsters who were already as good as him and with the potential to be a lot better.

Thankfully we didn't lose any other star players and they were all happy to sign five year contracts meaning we shouldn't have any more problems for a while :)

League Cup - I again gave my second/youth players a chance to impress, though they did need extra time to beat Championship side Blackburn in the Third Round and their reward for that was another tie against Chelsea who'd knocked us out of the competition for the last two years in a row however this time we got revenage coming from behind to knock Chelsea out, in the Quarter Final we just about beat Championship side Swansea to set up another Semi-Final against Man City.

With the First Leg at home we put ourselves into a good position winning 2-1 but it should have been more and might prove costly, especially considering the Second Leg started badly as we fell behind however Perez cancelled out their away goal ending his 10 hour goal drought and Ivo extended our lead with a penalty on the stroke of half-time, in the second half we were on the backfoot but defended well and whilst City grabbed a late goal they couldn't get the two more they needed and we'd made it to the League Cup Final though we'd be facing another one of our bogey teams West Ham who'd beaten Newcastle on pens after losing the First Leg 3-0.

It would be our First League Cup Final whilst West Ham were hoping for their first win after having lost the Final twice previously (back in 1981 and 1966), though the Final didn't seem that important for West Ham as they rested several players including their Keeper who'd been their #1 for over 10 years was thier best player and replaced him with a Championship rated understudy who'd made two appearances so far and made none after this match (though they did bring on their first choice keeper as a sub) they also had two rookies at full-back (though this was because they switched from their normal 3-5-2 to 4-4-2) and dropped a couple of other players - though this could be because they were going through a poor patch (and had switched to 4-4-2 in some of the bigger games, that they still lost) and with their better players the wrong side of 30 they might have wanted some extra pace in their side and as we had a woeful record against them they were probarbly feeling confident in 16 encounters so far we'd won just two and lost 10 including the league game this season after we'd thrown away a 2-0 lead.

League Cup Final - This time we turned up and firmly put West Ham into their place with a comfortable 3-0 win - Perez opened the scoring early with a mighty header,Winger Mejia then added a second before half-time and Perez made sure with an injury time goal to secure our first cup trophy :)

[video=youtube_share;-bE8EKy1QeM]

Champions League

Our Champions League debut would be made in the Best Placed Playoff where we drew Italians Roma who hadn't had the best record in Europe only making the UCL Group Stage twice and were going to make it this season either as we comfortably beat them 5-1 at home in the First Leg though Reinaldo got himself sent off for arguing about their goal, with the Second Leg in Italty I rested several players and despite dominating the game our finishing let us down as we somehow only drew but it was enough to make it to the Group Stages.

Group Stage - Despite two seasons of Europa League football we were only third seeds which meant we got a tough group (well on paper) drawing German giants FC Bayern who'd been disappointing so far having lost the Final in 2018 to Paris they'd only ever made it to the Quarter Finals (in 8 out of 11 seasons), Second seeds were FC Porto who's best season was the first losing in the Semi-Final to Atletico and after that were normally knocked out in the Knockout Round, and completing the group were Slovenian side Maribor who were in the Group stage for only the third time.

And our our group campgain got off to a fantastic start as we utterly destroyed a woeful Porto for a club record 8-1 win, in the Second Game I rested several players for the trip to Slovenia where two first half headers from Allinson were enough for the win, next up was the double header against FC Bayern and things went horribly wrong in Germany as we imploded and lost 5-2 (with the game again playing silly buggers with the kits - putting me in blue against their teal when I could have worn white?) thankfully we won the Return Game in England 2-0 (a 3-0 win would have been nice to give us the better head-to-head) next up was the trip to Portugal and despite finishing the match with nine men we held on to win 1-0 which secured qualification with a match to spare, and in the Final game with nothing to play for a fielded a young side against Maribor who claimed a solid victory thanks to two pens from Parsons whilst Academy player Sean Edge grabbed a hat-trick on his first start for the club.

In the Knockout Round we drew the now bigger German side Dortmund who'd won the Champions League back in 2019 aswell as the Europa League in 2013. With the First Leg at home we controlled the game and really should have won by a bigger margin than 3-2 and it nearly cost us as the Second Leg was a closely fought battle as we had chances but just couldn't take them and Dortmund went ahead in the second half and even with them reduced to 10 men we just couldn't take advantage until injury when a Dortmund defender could only turn a cross into his own goal which was enough to send us through.

In the Quarter Final we were paired with FC Bayern again and with the First Leg at home we again dominated the match but poor finishing and sloppy defending meant we could only win 3-2 thanks to two pens and a fine free-kick from Mejia, the Second Leg in Germany was a tense affair as we fell behind twice in the first half due to poor defending but both times we quickly hit back with goals from Wingers Mejia and Crnkovic to even up the away goals before Mejia put us into the driving seat after the hour and whilst Bayern grabbed a late third they still needed two more goals but we held on to book our place in the Semi-Finals.

In the Semi-Final we'd face Man City who'd won the Final back in 2016 but lost it in 2028, they also won the Europa League in 2023 but lost it in 2020 (extra-time to Chelsea) and 2029 (pens to Forest) and whilst City were favourities we'd not lost to them since that 7-1 mauling last season winning the three league encounters since and knocking them out of the League Cup.

With the First Leg at home two goals from Perez put us in front though yet again we'd conceeded a soft away goal, however the Second Leg went horribly wrong as we just didn't turn up gifting them three soft goals and looking lost in front of goal it also ended our record 33 game unbeaten run :(

Though making it to the Semi-Final in our debut season was a fine achievement it's just a shame our away form let us down.

FA Cup - Like with the League Cup I gave my second string a chance to impress as we were drawn with League One side Crawley in the Third Round where another goal for Academy Striker Edge on his second start was enough to see us through, the Fourth Round was also kind as we drew another League One side this time Bradford who were comfortably dispatched 4-0, in the Fifth Round we drew Premiership QPR and for the third year in a row it went to a replay as this time we threw away a 3-0 lead though I did spend most of the second half reduced to 10 men due to getting an injury after making my third sub they also got two soft pens including an injury time one, thankfully we beat them in the Replay with an early and late goal. In the Quarter Final we again got the luck of the draw this time drawing Championship side Hull who we dispatched 4-2 to set up a Semi-Final tie with Wigan.

With the Semi-Final either side of the Champions League tie with Bayern I rested several people and dispite starting strongly we found ourselves 2-0 within 20mins as first a cross missed everyone and ended up in the back of my net and less than a minute later my Keeper could only palm a free-kick into his own goal, thankfully we hit back with two quick goals of our own from Argentine Attacker Llop before Winger Allinson gave us the lead on the stroke of half time before he and Perez made things safe in the second half.

This set us up for another Final against Chelsea who'd had the hard route beating Utd, City, Spurs and Soton, however their wouldn't be a repeat of last season as Winger Crnkovic was missing through injury, whilst I also made a change in midfielder bringing Jenkins in for Hicks who wasn't having a great few games, also since losing last seasons final we'd won all three encounters with Chelsea since then, whilst Chelsea weirdly benched their three best Attackers including the annonying Ramsey who had 87 goals between them instead fielding three guys who had 10 goals between them.

FA Cup Final - With Chelsea benching their star attackers we took full advantage shutting them out completely and romping to a 4-0 win - Winger Mejia opened the scoring with his 50th goal for the club before Centre-Back Graham scored two headers from corners either side of half-time, whilst Reinaldo made sure with a late header before being replaced by my Captain Kieffer who lifted the FA Cup after missing the League Cup Final through injury as we claimed a famous Cup Double :cool:

[video=youtube_share;rDNd-4eUpxI]

U19 Champions League - We also became the first English side to win the U19 Champions League as I cheekly took control for the final two games and fielded several players who'd featured a fair bit for my first team and weirdly was the only cup that my board were happy about winning as they showed no interest in the FA and League Cup wins. The competition also seems a little weird it only has half a star reputation, also the knockout rounds are weird they are one legged and there was a two month break between the 1st knockout round and the quarter final with a six week wait until the semi-final which like the final was played at the Wrexham Community Stadium (which doesn't seem to exist IRL?) where only 20 people bothered to watch the Semi against Bayern (you'd think the rest of the players and staff at the club would have turned up considering the season was finished at this point).

Premier League - An excellent season as we managed to finish second but despite what the table shows we were never in a title race, we started the season strongly with three straight wins including a 4-1 Home win over Chelsea before narrowly losing 1-0 at home to United and whilst we won our next four games so did Utd, City and Chelsea and coming into November we started to lose ground after drawing to Forest and losing to Wigan and West Ham (who we threw away a 2-0 lead against), though we made some ground up with a 5-0 home win against Man City thanks to four goals from Perez and followed that with three wins and a draw against Arsenal before suffering a shock Boxing Day defeat to Wolves, which would be our last league defeat of the season, we responded to that defeat with a win over Reading before doing the double over Chelsea (well triple if you count the Cup game) with a 2-0 win in London on New Years Day.

This left us at the half-way stage in fourth place seven points behind leaders City, six behind Chelsea, two behind Utd, ahead of West Ham on Goal Difference and one point clear of Arsenal but 10 clear of seventh placed Huddersfield meaning the top six was already settled it was just a case of who would finish where. Though we again lost ground thanks to drawing three games in a row against Norwich, Everton and Utd, however a run of six straight wins including our game in hand saw us first pass Utd and then Chelsea on goal difference thanks to an injury time winner against Forest and City putting five past Chelsea.

So with 10 games left we were now second but now eight points behind an unstoppable City, ahead of Chelsea on goal difference, two points clear of Utd and 10 points clear of Arsenal, however our the next few games we lost further ground on City as we could only draw to West Ham (after beating them a few days earlier in the League Cup Final) and Sheff Utd as my attention turned towards other competitions thankfuly Chelsea could only match our results whilst Utd fell three points behind and had played an extra game, however beating Arsenal with my second string all but secured a Champions League place next season, but the game of the season was to follow at Man City where a City win would see them claim the title with four games to spare and with them three goals up at half-time they were already celebrating the title when we shocked them with four second half goals with two a piece from Perez and Mejia as we claimed a 4-3 victory to make them wait for the title and make it 30 games unbeaten :cool: (though I would have preferred us to save this performance for the forthcoming Champions League game :()

This seemed to shake City as they then drew to Wigan and lost to QPR however we couldn't take advantage as we could only draw to Wolves which left City six points clear with two games left, with them securing the title the next week as we won the FA Cup, however we still had to hold off Chelsea for second place who we were level on points with but had a game in hand which we won against Huddersfield thanks to a 90th minute goal after we'd gone 2-0 down and on the final day a 2-2 draw against Reading was enough to secure second place but cost us the best defensive record in the league.

Sqaud and Overview

In Goal was my new Moroccan-born Belgian Keeper Rayan Messaoudi who had an excellent debut season and meant we didn't miss Filipe.

In Defence Enthusiastic Full-Back Alan Woods had another solid season at Right Back, with cover supplied by my highly rated new Saudi Full-Back Ibrahim Al-Shibani, whilst down the Left Italian Wonderkid Giuseppe Scaffidi continued to improve with cover again provided by Lee Bunce.

In the Centre of Defence Portuguese Centre-Back Cesar Domingos had a much better season and has formed a solid partnership with Welsh Commanding Centre-Back Rob Graham who continues to be a rock at the back, whilst cover was supplied by two young Wonderkids Alan Newall and Ashley John both of whom had solid seasons.

In the Centre of Midfield Experienced Portuguese Midfielder Ivo had another solid season whilst Welshman Nathan Jenkins covered for him with some good performances but had a few moans this season first complaining about new strikers even though I don't play him upfront and he then randomly declared he disliked my backup Keeper Jimenez (I'm guessing they'd had some arguements sitting on the bench). With the loss of Eddie Miller I gave a couple of Promising English Youngsters a chance to play alongside them in the second half of the season with both of them becoming Wonderkids by the end of the season :cool: first up was Tinashe Hicks who did ok but struggled a bit in the bigger games, whilst Kieron Parsons showed glimpses of his potential but an injury rule him out for the run-in, though they are both roughly the same so hopefully one of them will take their chance next season.

In the Attacking Midfield Role was Brazilian Reinaldo who had another excellent season and was named Footballer of the Year and was named in the Champions League Dream Team, he also set a new Fylde record for Assists and Man of the Match Awards - a record held by Guthrie since 2020, providing cover was my Captain Christian Kieffer who despite an injury hit season put in the performances when called upon and needs just one more league appearance to break the appearance record set by Curtis Hall.

On the Wings down the Right was Flamboyant Bolivian Winger Carlos Mejia who had a fantastic season and providing cover was new signing Argentine Jonathan Llop who also had an excellent season winning signing of the season and took some of the pressure off Mejia though he is already moaning about wanting a new contract though he's on a long term contract so he can wait. Down the Left was Croatian Marko Crnkovic who also had an excellent season and covering for him was English Wonderkid Luke Allinson who had a much better season this time around, though he was helped by Crnkovic staying fit so the pressure was taken off him.

Upfront Spanish Striker Jose Perez had another excellent season with his 33 goals a new Fylde record breaking the record set by Guthrie back in 2020, he also came Third in the World Golden Ball (losing out to his fellow Spanish National Team Striker Partners - they play Perez and Lainez on the Wings with Maso upfront) though he had to settle for a place on the World Team bench. Providing cover was Swede Patrik Hellstrom who did better this season but is only ever going to be a cover player, I also gave my young Academy Striker Sean Edge a couple of games he's not ready yet but impressively scored on two of his three starts.

Best XI - Bit of a surprise to see understudies Allinson, Jenkins and Bunce all selected.

Overall XI - Perez and Reinaldo make it into the Overall XI joining current players Crnkovic and Kieffer.

Prem Select XI - Only Reinaldo made the Team of the Year this time with Messaoudi and Domingos on the bench as it seemed I was the only one to rotate players in the league this season.

Academy - Improvements to my Academy are finally starting to pay off as we got three quality players through this season with the best of the bunch being Ricky Maskell who has a World Class Potential :cool: and is dubbed the new Michael Owen, I also got Derek Bowyer who is also dubbed the new Michael Owen and Charlie Grosvenor it's just a shame they are all Strikers (it also seems that is all England produced this season as my scouts would only recommend youth Strikers). It also appears that Utd poached one of my Academy players thankfully he doesn't seem to have as much potential as these guys.

Finances - We made a healthy profit this season which was mainly due to the £20m+ Champions League prize money we earned, though the £30m profit we made on transfers didn't hurt though I don't really want to be selling key players each season.

Facilities - We finally maxed out of Facilities, though we can still make improvements to our Youth Recruitment if the board would let me.

Reputation - We finally hit Worldwide reputation and get onto the first page of the World Reputation screen. Whilst Salisbury make it to the Premier League after having had a Finnish Tycoon takeover back in 2020 (and who has build a new stadium named after himself - though it appears their real stadium is also named after one of their chairmen) which gives us four Prem teams with Tycoons - Chelsea (2024 USA), QPR (2030 German) and Sheff Utd (2021 Japanese) - though it looks like both the Chelsea and Sheff Utd owners have stopped pumping money into the clubs.

Co-efficient - Excellent season in Europe see's us climb upto 21st which should be enough to make us a second seed next season.

New Stadium - The board finally see the sense in building a new stadium though I still haven't had one named after me :(

Manager Profile - I finally reach a World Class Reputation, and was Runner-up for Manager of the Year, and for the first time I was made favourite to take over another job.

Also a rather weird thing happened this season as I apparently bought Man Utd :)

There was also one final twist as both Man City and Chelsea failed European FFP rules and have been kicked out of europe for next season :) and see's Soton and Everton rewarded with European places next season, whilst this is rather funny it's rather annonying that I was knocked out of Europe by a cheating City side, and I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not as this is likely to make them both unstoppable in the league next season though it should make the Champions League easier, it should also cause Chelsea some problems as they have an aging squad and shouldn't be able to go out and splash the money any longer.

Nationality Break Down:

20: ENG

2: DEN, POR, WAL

1: ARG, AUT, BEL, BOL, BRA, CRO, CZE, ESP, FRA, ITA, NIR, PAR, SCO, SWE

Homegrown (15-21 excluding yth players):

Club: 16

Nation: 7

Due: 8

Registered League Squad: 6 from 14 players.

Goals for next season

- Make a good effort at either the Champions League or the League title, with a bit of luck we might be able to win one as I have a fairly strong first XI and some quality youngsters coming through, the only weak spot is the MC and AM positions.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

Single Game: 3,764,767 (101,398th)

Single Season: 1,172,506 (164,786th)

Single Season in England: 1,172,506 (90,594th)

Single Season Premier Division: 1,172,506 (88,533rd)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14/15[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]20,675 / 27,370[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]27,387 / 51,605[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]18th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]46,936 / 98,541[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]51,575 / 150,116[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]72,604 / 222,720[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]119,257 / 341,977[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]10th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]103,178 / 445,155[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Champions - Promoted![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]944,378 / 1,389,533[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/25[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]14th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]156,012 / 1,545,545[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25/26[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]165,782 / 1,711,327[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26/27[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa 1st KO[/TD]

[TD]177,426 / 1,888,753[/TD]

[TD]32.092 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]148,102 / 2,036,855[/TD]

[TD]31.617 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28/29[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]286,240 / 2,319,502[/TD]

[TD]57.560 (36)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29/30[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]272,759 / 2,592,261[/TD]

[TD]58.831 (38)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]30/31[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]2nd[/TD]

[TD]FA & League Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]UCL Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]1,172,506 / 3,764,767[/TD]

[TD]88.718 (21)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

150px-Truro-city-football-club.png

Well, after going off to Scotland and finding a bit of success there, it's time to give Truro City FC another shot. I really love the idea of having the top team in Cornwall, it gives us a pretty good sized potential fan base if we can achieve success. Currently playing in 3000 seat Treyew Road, but the Cornwall council is trying to find the funding for a 16,000 seat stadium. Maybe pushing up a few leagues would provide the necessary push.

Here's out starting Profile

Very busy bringing in new players before the season as we were pretty short and there is very limited help available from our youth ranks. But we do have a few good players to build on in the short term:

Jared Sims is most likely our star, a 20 year old dynamic AMC who we're going to build our attack around.

Jordan Copp is another 20 year old midfielder, good passer with some tackling skills, hopefully he can help us control the middle of the pitch.

Matt Dinsmore is one of our new players, he should be a good compliment to Sims as a false nine.

Ollie Chenoweth should be a pretty good goalkeeper and is young enough to be around for awhile.

Stuart Giddings should give us an active wingback who can help on offense and defense.

Chris Holland was signed because our best centerback is out of contract and looks like he's heading out the door. Great mental attributes, too bad he's already 33. But he should help this year.

Here's to avoiding relegation...hopefully.

I'm probably gonna start this challenge soon, I'm just wondering, is the the real names fix from another website which im not sure if im allowed to name on here allowed in the rules for this challenge? because apparently it changes who is called up by the german national team...

After a couple of unsuccessful attempts at Gundo's challenge, I've decided to hop over to Dafuge's and give it a go. Not sure how well I'll do, and I'm not even sure yet which team I'll manage. All I do know is this will probably be my last save of FM14, so I need to make it a good one!

Rushall Olympic - Season 2014/15 - Skrill North - 3rd

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

A great first season looked like it might be topped off by promotion via the play-offs. A 3-1 win away at Histon in the first leg of the play-offs was overturned at home where Histon dominated and deservedly won 4-2. Alex Titchener who scored 29 goals missed the first penalty of the shootout, the following 9 were converted and our season was over. I was not disappointed though and am looking to go one further this season despite my board cutting my wage budget from 8.5k p/w to 4k p/w. Probably my own fault however for not fully utilising this large budget, at the end of the season the wage bill stood at 4.5k p/w. This will curtail any excessive spending plans but I had lined up 7 new first team players in advance so this needn't be a major impediment to a push for promotion next season.

Skrill North - 3rd

FA Cup - 3rd Qual Rnd

FA Trophy - 1st Round

The Team

GK Mats Morch

RB Jordan Hendrie

CB Luke Graham

CB Daniel O'Reilly

LB Joe Whight

RW Jamie Devitt

AP Luke Gallagher

DLP Darragh Lenihan

LW Anthony Bell

P Alex Titchener

F9 Matty Taylor

Unrelated to my club, but in my save Redditch just got taken over by Italian ex-Roma chairman Rosella Sensi! Fingers crossed a wealthy foreign businessperson wants to take over Witton Albion in the future (but doesn't want to replace me with a different manager).

I noted that Andrew Haines has signed Alex Titchener, I had him for 3 1/2 seasons (January free) on my FC United save and he was incredible - 124 games 71 goals and 41 assists. Practically carried my team to League 1. Kind of felt like it was cheating having him and Matthew Wolfenden on the same team.

I noted that Andrew Haines has signed Alex Titchener, I had him for 3 1/2 seasons (January free) on my FC United save and he was incredible - 124 games 71 goals and 41 assists. Practically carried my team to League 1. Kind of felt like it was cheating having him and Matthew Wolfenden on the same team.

Titchener was already part of the Witton team when I took over, which makes me very happy indeed. Can't wait to see what he can do for my team. :D

Edit: Strangely, I'm also scouting Matty Taylor as Titchener's strike partner as Taylor goes out of contract at the end of the month.

I'm really disappointed with this save, as it has a bug. Lewis Hogg accepted a contract offer and it said he was signing 1st July. It wasn't until 1st July came round and I'd saved over all the autosaves before we'd confirmed the transfer, than I realised on the transfers page and his profile it says he's joining 1/1/1900... So annoying!

Edit: Thankfully, I still had the reload save from June 24th so I can restart my Witton save. I've taken screenshots of my squad and staff, so I can re-sign them all.

48i2alstwhlf7v54g.jpg

Bedford Town

Season 2024/2025

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager / Lg. Records (team) / Lg. Records (ind)

Season 11 has to be called (tenatively) a success...if a mixed one. It was a success, as I managed to stay up in my first season of League Two play. It was a "mixed" success as my depth of squad was seriously exposed around mid-season. A decent start saw us staying relatively clear of the relegation zone. Then, a couple of injuries hit...and a couple missed games were rescheduled...and suddenly we had a stretch of about 7 matches in 15 days. Any bit of form I had disappeared as all of my players were left gasping on the field. We dropped into the danger zone right after the holidays, and flirted with relegation for the rest of the season. A critical 3-0 win with 6 to play gave us a bit of space, and we actually were safe from relegation with a game to play....but it was much too close.

I desperately need to get some more players in...but have absolutely no wage budget room...especially not for the wages being asked for by L2 potential players. (As of the start of Season 12, I have managed to get a full £2K/wk budget free...which *might* allow me to pick up two more players in the transfer window. I'm sitting on one of the lowest budgets in the league, as expected....I need a good cup run, or some investments, to give me some breathing room. Defence will be my primary focus I think...I conceded about 1.8 goals/game, and my wide defenders in particular are proving entirely inadequate in their defensive duties (though either do well in a support/attack role). Another central defender to provide a rotation will also help.

Collins managed to lead the team again, bagging 19 goals and two assists. His AvR dropped to an all-time low of 6.79 however, and he may be struggling to compete at the new level. (Or, possibly, it's the supporting cast that is struggling, or some combination thereof). Nevertheless, he is with us another season (he'll turn 27 near the beginning of the season---young enough, but with little room for potential growth). His in-game report still shows him as decent Skrill N/S player.

New signing Mitchell Browne took most of the season to settle in, but he scored a huge hat-trick in a late game win against Oldham, which may have saved the season. He played most of his time in midfield...though I have to find a way to play him up front more often I think (it might mean replacing Collins though...tough choice to be made). Overall he scored 7 goals and bagged 6 assists as well.

Alexander Warner, despite allowing 74 in 41 matches, still was solid between the sticks. He faced absolute barrages of shots, and allowing only 1.8 goals/game was actually pretty good. With a little more in the way of defense in front of him, he'll continue to serve. The backup keeper is on his way out, however, and the new incoming keeper might supplant Warner (I've got my eye on a couple of potential L1 keepers....if I can land one of them at a reasonable price I will jump at the chance). Warner's contract will edn at the end of the 25/26 season and I'm hoping to have someone better lined up by then.

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Not even close!

Our first showing in the Capital One cup was an unmitigated disaster. Cardiff had their way with us, scoring 4 times on 18 shots while allowing us to only get 5 shots off (we managed 2 clear cut chances, but both were easily saved by the Cardiff keeper).

Our JPT cup wasn't much better, though we did manage to score one in a 2-1 loss to Eventual L1 winner Notts Co. (Notts County winner came through an OG in the 64th minute, unfortunately). Collins snagged his first JPT goal of his career.

The FA Cup run went much better, as we knocked off unranked Wealdstone 3-0, before notching Exeter 3-2 at St. James Park in a replay of the final league match of the previous season. That win set us up with a date at Portman Road, where the lads battled bravely to a 2-1 loss in front of a crowd of more than 18K, in one of the higher profile matches in team history.

Thus ended the cup run....hope to do a bit better next season!

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: Well...after missing for the first year out of 10, Collins came back as the Fans Player of the Year. Even at the new level, he managed 19 goals (17 league)...though it is obvious that either he or his teammates (or, more likely, both) are a bit more out of their depth at League Two play. I think I'll get one more season out of him....but then what. What do you do with a club legend who has been as prolific as he has, but who can't quite match his earlier exploits at the new level?)

Collins watch: Tom Collins now has 531 appearances (465 league) and 326 career goals (266 league). He's added 80 assists, 68 PoM, and an overall AvR of 7.01 ---- a statline completely unexpected when I first played him as the 16 year-old emergency striker way back in the first season of the save. To say that he has performed above both expectations and his attributes is an understatement!

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Solihull Moors, Gainsborough, Buxton, Brackley, Lowestoft, Billericay

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Chelsea (West Ham, Watford, Wigan)

Championship Hull (Doncaster, Grimsby, Northampton)

League One Sheffield Wednesday (Birmingham, Leicester, Plymouth, Dag&Red)

League Two Rochdale (Stevenage, FC Halifax)

Skrill Premier Port Vale (Boston Utd, Nuneaton, Sutton Utd, Ebbsfleet)

Skrill North Harrogate (Bury Town, Nantwich, Barwell)

Skrill South Wycombe (Met Police, Grays, Margate)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Chelsea

Capital One Cup Chelsea

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Burton (Bedford Overachievers!)

English FA Trophy Bristol Rovers

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Man Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Man Utd

Euro Cup Group Stage: Fulham

Euro Cup Playoff: Ipswich

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Liverpool

Euro Cup 1st QR: None

Continental Achievements

Chelsea -- Eliminated from European Super Cup (By AS Monaco FC)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from Euro Cup First Knockout Round (By Girondins Bordeaux)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (By Paris Saint-Germain)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (By Real Madrid)

Norwich -- Eliminated Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (By SLB)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (By Barcelona)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Final (By Roma)

Arsenal -- Won Eliminated from Champions League Final (By Barcelona)

What's Next?

In retrospect, the year went about as well as could be expected. With very little budget and the team just turning professional (After the season started...which meant many players are still on part-time contracts), we never had a chance to push too high. The fixture congestion coupled with injuries kept us from battling away from the relegation zone. We conceded nearly 2 goals a game, while scoring only one a game on average. This season, I'll be shoring up the defense by signing a couple of wide defenders that can compete at this level. Another central defender and central midfielder are also essential. Hopefully, this will be enough to push us away from the bottom of the table. We desperately need investment or a deep cup run in order to raise funds....I project another bad year for wage and transfer budgets otherwise.

Career Overview

Season            Team                 League            Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2014/15	Bedford Town	Skrill South	19(22)		Skrill South & FA Cup Overachiever
2015/16	Bedford Town	Skrill North	13(22)		Skrill North overachiever
2016/17	Bedford Town	Skrill North	11(22)		Skrill North overachiever
2017/18	Bedford Town	Skrill South	5(21)		Skrill South, FA Cup Overachiever.  PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!
2018/19	Bedford Town	Skrill Premier	19(24)		Skrill Premier, FA Trophy overachiever
2019/20	Bedford Town	Skrill Premier	20(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever
2020/21	Bedford Town	Skrill Premier	18(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiver
2021/22	Bedford Town	Skrill Premier	17(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiever         
2022/23	Bedford Town	Skrill Premier	11(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiever
2023/24	Bedford Town	Skrill Premier	2(23)		Skrill Premier Overachiever.  PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
2024/25	Bedford Town	Sky Bet Lg 2    20(24)	        Johnstone's Paint Trophy Overachiver

A pretty successful first season for us for once. It started with a crazy busy preseason signing most of a new team.

Transfer History

We pretty much stayed safely in midtable the entire season, ultimately landing in 11th place. Not bad since we went into the season predicted to finish 20th.

League Table

Jared Sims was our star, producing 20 goals and 16 assists to earn player of the year consideration. But Ray Spear was our leading goal scorer with 21. Sims, Spear and Matt Dinsmore accounted for 52 of our 76 goals. Our primary formation was the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond since we were lacking quality wide players. A lot of the games we lost were when I varied to a 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-4-1 formation for games on short rest.

My goalkeeper, Ollie Chenoweth, had a very good season with 11 clean sheets and 41 goals allowed in 33 games. Our star on defense was 25 year old Arran Pugh, who I thought I was going to lose at the season's beginning. But the deal offered to him by another team fell through, luckily for me. He finished with a 6.75 rating and was among the league leaders in headers and interceptions. Chris Holland, who I had expected to replace him, was a disaster, giving up multiple penalty kicks and just making a lot of mistakes. Cody Cooke and Jordan Copp were solid in midfield, helping us retain possession with league leading passing success rates. Stuart Giddings, who I anticipated making an impact at left fullback, performed when he was on the field but was injured far too often.

Cups

FA Cup - We won our first round match easily, defeating lower league side Hemel Hempstead Town 3-1 but fell 0-1 in a disappointing game against lower league side Burnham. We were mired in an early season slump at the time and just couldn't produce scoring opportunities.

FA Trophy - We had a little more success here. After drawing with league mates Bath in our first game, we came back and defeated them 2-1 to advance. We then traveled to Skill Premier team Barnet and pulled off a 2-1 upset. We actually pretty well dominated the match, winning the possession battle and outshooting them 17-8. Barnet actually won a promotion this season, making the win all the more impressive. But we fell 1-3 in the next round to another Skrill Premier team, Wrexham.

I think we'll be able to battle for a promotion playoff spot next season. I was able to resign everyone I wanted to bring back and we were very competitive against the top teams in the league including a 5-0 win at Tonbridge, the team that won the promotion playoff this season. The two big things I want to add next season are a left fullback to replace Giddings and a playmaking midfielder. If I can find those things and we stay relatively healthy, we should be good.

The League

Finally managed a season where I didn't take a team down. The second half of the season was reasonably comfortable. We spent most of it around 4 or 5 points above the drop zone. We finished with a bang by winning the last three games and jumping from 16th to 9th.

It would bode well for the future except everyone is on a one year contract and the top players don't want to sign a new one.

Player of the season was Kieran Dean with 14 goals and 8 assists.

Scott Furlong also deserves an honourable mention. He is a local boy and was already at the club when I joined. He managed to add 12 goals and 12 assists, tearing down the right wing with his pace.

Next season will be another tough one. Only one staff member would renew his contract, the board are limitting the amount of staff I have and very few players will sign new contracts.

Still, happy to avoid relegation, hopefully we will be able to attract better players now.

Season    Team         League        Position    Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   St. Albans   Skrill South    22nd      Relegated and sacked
2015/16	 Unemployed
2016/17   Chorley      Skrill North    22nd      Relegated and sacked
2017/18   Unemployed
2018/19   Ashton       Skrill North    22nd      Relegated and sacked
2019/20   Unemployed
2020/21   Unemployed
2021/22   Stafford     Skrill North    22nd      Relegated and sacked
2022/23   Unemployed
2023/24   Bury Town    Skrill North    21st      Relegated and sacked
2024/25   Unemployed
2025/26   Unemployed
2026/27   Cray         Skrill South     9th 

Normal service resumed.

With an almost complete new team, we started with 1 win, 2 draws and 8 losses after 11 games of the 2027/28 season.

I was sacked with Cray in 21st position. Time to sign on to the unemployment role again.

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2014/15

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A good start to the challenge. The board surprised me with a very comfortable wage budget which allowed me to build a strong squad. We were the team with less defeats in the entire league but failed to capitalize on that by drawing lots of matches.

I want to build on this season and aim for a playoff spot next season. I hope the wage budget doesn't suffer a big cut due to the struggling finances.

Career Overview

Season     Division         Position     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Skrill South     6th

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2015/16

A wasted season. Starting with the reduction of our wage budget from €35k p/m to €21k p/m I had to reformulate my plans in terms of squad buiding. Add to that bad runs, injuries and other shenanigans, we had a disappointing season.

If the wage budget isn't reduced again I think we can do better. We seriously need a good cup run to get some income or else we fall in a very deep hole.

Career Overview

2015/16    Skrill South     14th

Is it just me or has the difficulty level been ramped up this year in the lower leagues... I'm determined to succeed though so having another go. I'm convinced that if I can get out of the non-league things will be a bit easier.

Definitely seems harder to me. I've completed this challenge on 6 earlier versions of the game. So far of FM14, I've been sacked by 8 clubs. Three of them before the season ended. Only avoided relegation once anbd obviously, no promotions.

Running out of possible clubs that meet the criteria.

Transfer History

Much quieter offseason this year as we resigned most of our important players.

League Table

We made good progress, reaching the promotion playoff. We faced high scoring Dartford and beat them at home in the first leg 2-1, but subsequently got crushed 0-5 in the second leg. Disappointing but they were the better side all season so it wasn't surprising.

FA Cup - We did okay here, winning two games against lower level sides. We then got Skrill Premier side Newport County and held them to a draw in our first game before losing the rematch 0-4.

FA Trophy - Bleh, we got killed somehow by something called Brentwood 1-4 in our first match.

My strikers, Ray Spear and Matt Dinsmore, led the way with our scoring, each netting 17. Jared Sims added 9, Aaran Pugh 7 and 6 from midfielder Sam Chaney who got a chance to play regularly after being a backup our first season. Dinsmore and Sims also led the team in assists with 14 apiece while Spear added 12, Chaney 10 and 6 from Jordan Copp.

Pugh and 18 year old Geoff Brown, a homegrown player, led a strong defense with Ollie Chenoweth continuing to hold down the goalkeeping.

Unfortunately, it looks like this could be a tough offseason. Most of my important players are resigned, but Spear and Sims are refusing to negotiate. Not that heartbroken about Spear as he really faded down the stretch, but losing Sims would be a huge blow. Hopefully he'll have a change of heart again like he did before our first season.

Slowly bleeding money on the financial side although regular cash infusions are helping minimize the damage. So far the board isn't saying anything so that's a good sign I think.

Promotion is the goal next season but that may be overly optimistic if I have to totally retool my attack.

Very ironic that when FM14 came out I spent the best part of two weeks reloading to get Poole Town and couldn't, then as I am reloading today trying to get Thamesmead up pops Poole Town.

Annoying as I had decided Thamesmead was who I wanted now so not sure what to do!

Certainly seems tougher this year....though I've not suffered relegation (yet---still flirting with it in my latest season), it certainly has taken me time to climb the ranks with Bedford. Only now in my 2nd season in L2 (coming on the end of CY 2025)!

Does anyone have a Thamesmead save? I have been trying to get them to come up for a couple of days now. I did get them to come up a while back when I started another game but never saved it!

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2016/17

A big improvement on last season. We were the team with less defeats in the league but our attack was not good enough and we were only the 8th best attack.

We had to work with a reduced wage budget - €16k p/m - and we had to rely on loans and youth players, but they performed well and I know that we are far from having the best quality in the league, so I'm hoping we can keep this level next season and hope to be more effective in scoring goals.

In terms of finances we progressed a bit in the cups, but not enough to make a profit at the end of the season.

Career Overview

2016/17    Skrill South     3rd

Does anyone have a Thamesmead save? I have been trying to get them to come up for a couple of days now. I did get them to come up a while back when I started another game but never saved it!

Sent you the link..check PMs :)

Sent you the link..check PMs :)

Cheers! Appreciate it.

In my reloading efforts I came across Poole Town which I know is quite rare so if anybody wants that save then let me know.

Cheers! Appreciate it.

In my reloading efforts I came across Poole Town which I know is quite rare so if anybody wants that save then let me know.

I'll take the Poole save please, I lost my Poole save months ago and would like to have another go with them.

I'll take the Poole save please, I lost my Poole save months ago and would like to have another go with them.

Have sent PM. That's a shame as you had got them up to the Premier League hadn't you?

Have sent PM. That's a shame as you had got them up to the Premier League hadn't you?

I did but then I lost the save and unfortunately didnt have a backup. I havent managed to get into a save since so hopefully I can now. Thanks alot for sending the save :thup:

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2017/18

I almost had a nervous breakdown this season.

We had a good start to the season and soon enough we took the lead, holding onto it until the 41st game, where we lost against Hornchurch with a goal on the 91st minute. We threw away a 6 point-lead in our last 6 games, with the pressure getting the best of us. I was pretty bummed of course, but I realize we were still overachieveing and even though we lost the chance to bag our first trophy with me on the helm, it was time to focus on the playoffs.

In the playoffs we miraculously returned to decent form and were able to grind out minimal margins, but in the end we reached our main goal and were deservingly promoted.

Next season we hope to bring in some quality players, in order to have a quiet first season in the Skrill South.

Career Overview

---------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Skrill South     3rd          Promotion via playoff

We are with financial problems, it's hard to have a good squad with the wage budget the board gives me. I don't have a big problem if we are promoted every 3/4 years though, would that be so bad in real life??

We are with financial problems, it's hard to have a good squad with the wage budget the board gives me. I don't have a big problem if we are promoted every 3/4 years though, would that be so bad in real life??

:applause:Good work with the promotion. I'm 25 games into my Banbury attempt and to be honest i am delighted we are 8th at the minute. There should be no shame at all about taking a few years to build up a squad and more through the leagues.

In a recent save i had it took me 7 years to win the Skrill Premier with Cambridge and it took me until 2034/35 season to play a PL game with them. Took me until 2051/52 to win the PL. It may have been a slow burner but for me it was brilliant from start to finish.

Ugh, taking a hard step back in Truro this season. We lost Sims and Spear and really haven't been able to find adequate replacements. Most frustrating, both of them are still sitting out there without a team but refuse to talk to me even though I could offer both double last year's salary.

zwNwwyc.png

Skrill South - 2014/15

| Results One | Results Two | Table | Positions | Squad |

A very solid first season at this level, finishing 14th. We never once dropped into the relegation zone and spent most of the season in the middle positions. A great run of nine unbeaten from November 11th set up the mid table finish. Ended the season by playing a number of my new youth signings as i set about building a squad for next season. In March i asked for a new contract but received a negative response from the chairman. Luckily by the end of May i had a new deal signed for another year.

FA Cup

Ten changes from my normal starting eleven saw us beaten in the opening round away at AFC Liverpool. Very poor.

FA Trophy

No squad rotation this time and things were even worse. An away hammering to Kendal was the worst showing of the season.

| Finances | Transfers In | Transfers Out | Season Review | Manager Movements |

| Youth Candidates | Gary Richardson | Darren Hales | Dan Ziccardi |

Players of the Season

Craig Walker

The 18 year old was fantastic for us down the right wing. Missed just one game all season, the FA Cup tie with AFC Liverpool.

Gary Mulligan

Signed last summer Mulligan was the top scorer with 18 strikes in 28 games that include three in two games against rivals Brackley. Has agreed a £150 pw pay cut to stay for next season. Great news.

Alex Taylor

Another of the frontmen, Taylor scored 12 in 31 overall. When things went well for us he was the man that made it happen.

Other Bits

League One Brentford won the FA Cup

Arsene Wenger is now Everton manager

A Messi brace wins the CL for Barcelona over Manchester United

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2018/19

This was a very hard season for us, battling to avoid relegation until the very last match. We had numerous injuries throughout the season, and my strategy of previous years to use youth players in case of injuries turned out to be insufficient to compete at this level.

Our movements in the January window were key, as we managed to bring in quality players that were decisive in the final games, where we got the points we needed to survive.

Career Overview

2018/19    Skrill Premier   17th

Maidstone United. Season 2014/15

Skrill South: 8th place (predicted 16th, midtable)

My first season with the club was an up and down one!

Played fantastic football for the first 15 games, where we managed to go unbeaten from game three to game fifteen and only losing one game, sitting in thrid place!

But things changed quickly and we started playing worse and worse, falling like a stone to a thirteenth place and my hopes about playing in a play-off got crushed.

We managed to turn it around in the end, winning some games, landing in a pretty solid 8th place!

FA-cup and FA-trophy

Not much to say here, went down early in both cups, which were dissapointing, but with a solid economy we got no worries in not going far in that department.

Players of the season!

Mike Symons 32(6) games 24 Goals+8 Assists 5st MOTM 7.21 average rating.

A newcomer who turned out to be a fantastic signing, banging in everything!

Fabio Saravia 34(2) games 6 Goals+13 Assists 3 Motm 6.96 average rating.

A personal favourite, 21 year old from Portugal, an expert on set pieces, offensive midplayer with potential!

Jack Parkinson 38 games 1 Goals+0 Assists 3 motm 6.88 average rating.

My best defender and I'm sure he'll be that for a long time coming.

Season        Team                League          Position (Predicted)    Achivenemts
2014/15       Maidstone Utd    Skrill South     8 (16)                      ...

uKI7yCu.png

Weymouth - season 2019/20

In terms of classification the improvement was not big but the 13th place this season is a lot different from last season's 17th. We were in mid-table the whole time and it was a quiet season, with the chance of reaching the playoffs in the final fixtures, but we couldn't make it.

The finances are not looking good. So far we haven't had a decent cup run and the lack of prize money from the cups is not helping.

Career Overview

2018/19    Skrill Premier   17th
2019/20    Skrill Premier   13th

(Post has been edited!)

I had originally posted a June 25 screenshot, but after reading more and more of the thread, I decided to go through a more thorough reloading process after realizing that I had selected the highest reputation club in the challenge!

I am entering the challenge, but I'm going to wait and get a much lower club as my plan for this great challenge is to complete this challenge and then spin it off into either one of two other challenges, so I have to be very thorough!

It was also planned to be my first career updates on these boards as a new member even though I have played this series for many years! I write stories/reports for all the games I play, I just had never written about FM before! Anyway, just wanted to clear my post now that I understand everything a little better and to give myself a bit more of a challenge to start off with than taking FC United. :)

Thanks!