dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St. Neots - Skrill North- 2019/20

So after finishing 8th place last season i wanted to try and do a lot better this year and we managed it by wining the play offs yet again.

League Table

Past Positions -we were challenged for the league for most of the season but we had to get promotion via play offs.

Playoff Semi Final vs Fc united was a tricky game but we won.

Playoff Final vs Hereford again thought this was going to be bit tricky but we manged to beat them 2-1.

FA Carlsberg Trophy-was not the best of years for us in this.

Fa Cup- I wanted to go on another cup run but we could not get past gateshead who ended our dreams this year.

Transfers- Another season of getting rid of the deadwood.

Squad- We had decent squad this season everyone performed well.

Finances- The wages are some what a bit better but were still in the red.

Key Player Profiles:

Lewis Hilliard -one of the joys this season got more goals from him this year than i have in previous seasons.

Kurt McKenzie -I know i said was not going to play him much but he seams to be the best goalkeeper i have at the club.

James Mathebula - he was the star scored 6 goals in 5 games wich is not bad.

Chris Evans- He was quality from the midfield chipped in with few goals to help us get promotion.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th       
2016/17  3rd     Playoff winners
2017/18  24th     Relegated
2018/19  8th     
2019/20 3rd  Playoff winners  

Next Season

hopefully try and build a squad strong a nuff to avoid relegation and get the wages a bit more better.

Nantwich Town FC

dj8m.jpg

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2014/15 - 9th Position - Skrill North

Cup Competitions

FA Cup - lost in second qualifying round

FA Trophy - lost in 1st round

Star Player

Aaron Burns - Skills & Stats

After a pretty slow start to the season, Burns managed to keep hold of a place in my starting lineup after a string of good performances at the midway point. Ending the season with 18 league goals, he scored more than double the amount of goals scored by anyone else.

Season Review

Having a media prediction of 20th, it was never going to be a particularly fruitful season. Early season form was erratic and early exits from the cup competitions was no real surprise. A poor run of form in the middle of the season knocked Nantwich down to 18th place - but form soon picked up, and a strong final third of the season saw them creep into the top half, and rising above Altrincham on the final game of the season - beating them 3-2 away from home.

See my best run of form here

Targets for next season.

Reach the playoffs. This is optimistic, but based on my end of season form, is definitely achievable.

Complete all transfers early on in the season, and establish a solid first 11.

Blag it into the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, and get an amazing away draw (we can always dream).

Well looks like the end of the season is going to be another close one in the chase for a European position.

With four games left we are 7th with 53pts, with fifth and sixth getting Europa League Places - Arsenal are in sixth five points ahead of me, whilst Spurs are in fifth six points ahead of me, however to make things interesting Spurs are level on points with Forest and Chelsea (though they both have a game in hand) which somehow leaves us just six points away from an unlikely Champions League spot :eek:

Behind me there is only West Ham who are four points behind but with two games in hand, and annoyingly have just lost to Huddersfield in the FA Cup Semi-Final (giving Huddersfield a European place next season) and have just gone out of the Europa League (with Forest) taking away two possible extra league positions.

Season Eight (4th in TSP) was a mixed success. We had a very slow start (6 wins 5 draws from first 23 matches), before a good FA Cup run gave us impetus to push up a bit. Our only real runs in the league came in December and again in March...and they were sufficient only to ensure our safety. The March run actually was pushing us toward mid-table, where I had hopes to end....but a series of injuries killed it, and we ended with only 2 wins in our last 6. Never really in danger of dropping, we were also never in danger of challenging. Only our excellent FA Cup run really salvaged the season.

Our starting salary was still lowest in the league (or at least, bottom three)...but we got a reprieve with a takeover late in the season (after match day 36). The new president wiped out our debt (which was small...but no debt is better than a small debt), provided a bit of a cash injection, gave me a £50K transfer budget, and...wow...doubled our wage budget! Unfortunately, the budget increase came after the transfer window closed...so not much to be picked up. Also despite the boost, the amount available to offer per player hasn't change...hopefully next season we'll have a bit of boost available per player in order to attract some bigger names in.

In the end, we ended up in a record high league position...having now hit 20, 19, 18, and 17. At this rate I'll hit the playoff spots in another 10 seasons :)

As usual, Tom Collins continued his magic, 36 goas on the season and a team high 7.01 AvR. Loanee Striker Thomas Blarney (from AFC Bournemouth) came in and provided a bit of spark, partnering with Collins and providing 15 assists (scoring 9 of his own) in 27 matches. Player/Coach Kevan Hurst, my aging left midfielder managed to play 48 matches and chipped in with 8 goals and 10 assists (most goals coming off of DFKs). Finally, new signing for the season Robbie Guthrie (DC) was solid, with a second best 6.98 AvR and four goals.

PLAYOFFS

Not this season!

Cup Competitions

Our FA Cup run was our saving grace of this season. We started off with relatively easy matches vs Grantham (4-2 away win), Eastbourne Boro (4-3 away win), and Woking (2-0 home win). Then, things got a little tougher. Our next draw sent us to The Shay, facing eventual league winners FC Halifax. After a rather boring first half, Halifax opens the scoring with a neat through pass in the 46th minute to provide Halifax a 1-0 lead. And, it looked like that was how it would end, as Halifax hassling the team all over the field...we couldn't get a shot off no matter what we tried. Then, finally, the equalizer came, Loanee Thomas Blarney getting just enough space to put a neat shot past the keeper in the 84th minute. On to a home rematch!

***NOTE*** next bit is cut/paste from post 3101 in an effort to save time :) ***

Our home match saw us best FC Halifax in a televised replay of the FA cup, in a 7-6 penalty shootout. First time in a long time I've seen 13 straight penalty conversions, until my slightly injured keeper made the save on Halifax's 7th kick. Was getting worried...the ref seemed a bit biased once again, and I had one of my best defenders sent of for his 2nd yellow 4 minutes from the end of the second half of overtime.

Nevertheless, excellent penalty conversions by my team, and we prevailed against a team in playoff contention, to advance to our highest FA Cup round (4th), against our highest rep opponent (Championship Fulham) in club history.

To be honest, I was ecstatic at the televised replay (£80K in tele money + gate receipts). Now, an extra £60K in prize money, and a likely huge gate receipt next match at Fulham. Maybe my board will find a way to get me some much needed upgrades this season!

Edit: Wow..this Fulham team is a true multi-national team, with 8 different countries represented by his starting 11 against me...including some....more interesting ones. Listing: (Englandx4, Jamaica, Repulic of Ireland, Georgia, New Zealand, Italy...and two top footballing countries: Mali and Montserrat!) As I type this, I'm down 3-0 at the 25 minute mark, having just conceded a penalty. Yep...much as expected . Doesn't help that just three days earlier we had the 120minute marathon in the replay, so half my team are already knackered --- though Collins twice nearly game me an early lead, first whistling a direct free kick just over the bar, then nodding just wide on a cross. He has 6 goals in the cup so far (4 in first match, 2 in second...none in the next two). Maybe he'll get his 7th, which would but him joint top goalscorer at the moment

edit: And, no upset for us today. 3-0 is the final scoreline. The lads performed well, all things considered. We were outshot 27-5...just couldn't penetrate their defence, but, despite giving up 27 shots, Fulham only managed 4 on target. Unfortunately for us, all four were CCCs, and they scored 3 of them (inc. the penalty). Still and all, I'm pleased. 24K attendance should provide a decent gate receipt...maybe give us a boost into next season. Collins ends up joint second top goalscorer on 6 for the tournament...another pretty good season for him in that regard.

Jamie Reina (The next Paul Gascoigne). At least I am being beat by the best :)

Thus ended our best FA Cup run ever, and provided a huge cash boost to boot!

Oh, yes....another overachiever mention for Bedford! That makes 13 overachiever mentions in 8 seasons for us!

The FA Trophy was best not talked about this season. Our only match was a thrilling 4-3 loss (if such a thing exists :) ) to Boreham Wood. It was a match in which Bedford managed 3 equalizers...we just didn't have enough time after their 89th minute 4th goal to grab that 4th equalizer. Oh well....it gave me time to concentrate on the more important matches :).

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season (who else? :cool:) Incredibly, Tom Collins won his 8th Fans Player of Season (in 8 seasons played). He has been a club legend since (at least) season 5. He is nearing the 250 senior goal mark (242 total), with 193 coming from league, and 49 from cup matches. He is by far the best player I've had in the few years I've run this challenge...and shows no sign of stopping. Its a shame that so far in TSP, he has not even been shortlisted for player of the season. (See post #3131 for my thoughts on this).

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Chelmsford, Margate, King's Lynn, Witton, Welling, Bashley

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Man City (Bournemouth, Wigan, Stoke)

Championship Nottinham Forest (Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Leeds)

League One Sunderland (Dag & Red, Notts Co, Torquay, Peterborough)

League Two Chester (Accrington, Kidderminster)

Skrill Premier FC Halifax (Ebbsfleet, Eastleigh, FC United, Learnington)

Skrill North Tamworth (Hednesford, Bradford BA, Marine)

Skrill South Sutton Utd (Chippenham, Bromley, Bognor Regis)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Everton

Capital One Cup Man City

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Bradford

English FA Trophy AFC Telford

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Arsenal

Euro Cup Group Stage: Everton

Euro Cup Playoff: Man Utd

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Southampton

Euro Cup 1st QR: None

Continental Achievements

Chelsea -- Eliminated Won European Super Cup (Against Juventus)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Champions Cup Quarter Final (By Arsenal)

Southampton -- Eliminated from EURO Cup Quarter Final (by Dortmund)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (By Everton)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (By FC Bayern)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Champions Cup Semi Final (By Man City)

Everton -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi Final (By Fiorentina)

Man City -- Won Champions Cup (Against FC Bayern)

What's Next?

Okay. We've got a new board. We've got a training ground upgrade in work (due to complete in early October---it was paid for by the investment of the new president and the great FA Cup run). We've got a real wage budget. We're expected to make mid-table finish. I plan on doing just that...or better. No excuses this season!

We're still going to have problems attracting star attention...having risen in reputation only to be 20th in the current Skrill Premier Reputation Standings (though now only 6 Skrill N/S teams actually out-rep us...evidently we have a legitimate Skrill Premier-Level reputation finally!

Career Overview

Season            Team                 League            Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2014/15	      Bedford Town	   Skrill South          19(22)                 Skrill South & FA Cup Overachiever
2015/16	      Bedford Town	   Skrill North          13(22)                  Skrill North overachiever
2016/17	      Bedford Town	   Skrill North          11(22)                  Skrill North overachiever
2017/18	      Bedford Town	   Skrill South           5(21)                  Skrill South, FA Cup Overachiever.  PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!
2018/19	      Bedford Town	   Skrill Premier        19(24)                 Skrill Premier, FA Trophy overachiever
2019/20	      Bedford Town	   Skrill Premier        20(24)                 Skrill Premier Overachiever
2020/21	      Bedford Town	   Skrill Premier        18(24)                 Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiver
2021/22	      Bedford Town	   Skrill Premier        17(24)                 Skrill Premier Overachiver, FA Cup Overachiever         

Well, it all went a bit wrong. I bought badly in my first season on too many players who are sat in my reserves eating up the wage budget on three year contracts. key players got crocked and took massive hits to their attributes. Now I'm sat in the relegation zone in March and unlikely to get out of it!

...long story short, no-one likes a quitter but I'm having another go. Whitby Town this time, profile below.

I'm having a shocker... I barely survived getting sacked in my first season, then the board decided that I had to win promotion in my second season. I lasted ten games into the season before I threw in the towel (the writing was on the wall). I've spent today tinkering with my tactics and I'm going to have another crack at Rushall Olympic.

I'm having a shocker... I barely survived getting sacked in my first season, then the board decided that I had to win promotion in my second season. I lasted ten games into the season before I threw in the towel (the writing was on the wall). I've spent today tinkering with my tactics and I'm going to have another crack at Rushall Olympic.

Good luck! Certainly starting is not easy...once you have a couple seasons survived things could take off (just see my record a couple posts above...I'm still in SkrillPrem!)

Amazing what a good cup run and a new board will do. With a real wage budget, season 9 is off to a good start. Sitting 10th on 14 points after 10 matches, our recent new signings have really come through. We could be much further, but for some very (very) late goals which cost us points. Still, things are looking good, and I really have high hopes for this season. Training ground upgrade is completed in just under a month...hopefully that will help some of our youngsters improve to become more useful. Time will tell.

Good luck! Certainly starting is not easy...once you have a couple seasons survived things could take off (just see my record a couple posts above...I'm still in SkrillPrem!)

The tweek to my tactics seems to be paying off. I only made a small adjustment but we look much improved. I'm still in September of my first season but we are on the verge of the playoffs and playing much better.

It definately feels tougher this year than previously. It's not a bad thing, the best game I ever had was a few years ago as Merthyr Tydfil. I didn't get to the premiership until the 2030's. The past few seasons I've usually got there in ten seasons or so.

St. Neots - Skrill North- 2020/21

So after promotion back to the skrill premiership our aim was to avoid relegation.

League Table

Past Positions- As you can see was a tough season for us.

FA Carlsberg Trophy-was not the best of years for us in this.

Fa Cup- I was not interested in this this year as league was my main target.

Transfers- Still trying to get the right balance players in.

Squad- We had decent squad this season did well to avoid relegation.

Finances- we got new chairman in so hopefully he going to invest some cash into club unlike the last one.

Key Player Profiles:

Lewis Hilliard -one start in my squad played well this season.

Kurt McKenzie - Still my no1 goalkeeper.

Louis Franklin - he played well demeaned first team football so i give it to him and scored few goals to.

Teddy Ngoy- He was one my new players this season took a while to settle down.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th       
2016/17  3rd     Playoff winners
2017/18  24th     Relegated
2018/19  8th     
2019/20 3rd  Playoff winners 
2020/21 20th    

Next Season

we proberly be in relegation battle again so try an build squad and decent formation to avoid relegation.

This challenge is so hard but I enjoy it! I'm in 2022 and I managed to get King's Lynn from the Evo-Stik Premier (league below Conference North) to League One in successive seasons. I wouldn't consider the fact I've cheated although a lot of time has been spent on holiday and I'm acting more like a DoF atm.

I managed to finish in a respectable 15th in my first season in League One but I've just been relegated. Although there was about £100k in transfer budget and £6k in the wage budget I just can't attract good players. I luckily got promoted via the playoffs in League Two last season but I won't be able to do much this time round.

Finances are poor and so are the facilities so I can't rely on a wonderkid either. I generally spend each season building a new squad with 7/8 players who had a decent average rating staying.

Anyone have any advice as I can't attract any decent players even though I signed a 30 year-old Lallana on a free - he was awful!

Just started this challenge for the first time, been playing since CM2 and a long time forum lurker very occasional poster. Playing as the most local team, Chorley! :)

Good luck, and welcome to the challenge!

It's taken more than 8 seasons, but I finally have started to make progress in this, my 5th season of the Skrill Premier. The combination of board takeover and decent cup run gave me some money to offer decent salaries and actually attract Skrill Premier quality players (and a couple w/ L2 or better potential). Of an £11K weekly wage budget, I've got about £8K tied up, but have managed to get some players which are really working well together and with my tactics.

Collins is still tearing it up, (3rd in league goals w/ 15 after 23 matches, plus another 8 cup goals for 23 so far on season). His new strike partner, Matthew mattis, was signed over the summer for £500 from SKrill North Worcester. He's contributed 8 goals (+3 cup goals) and 10 assists (+2 cup assists). He's working out well. Our other notable outfield signing, Amadu Waritay, also came over from Worcester (on a free). He's not as prolific as the striker, but has been fairly solid in the midfield. Hopefully he'll improve on his two assists as he fits himself into the team. He's a bit heavy on the foul count, and really needs to improve in that area.

As of our 23rd match, 23 find ourselves in 13th place w/ 32 points. Our 23rd match, a 4-1 loss to top of table Hartlepool (which featured 2 hartelpool penalties), ended a 11 game unbeaten run (all competitions). Interestingly, that run included a 4-1 win over Hartelpool in the FA cup (as well as a 2-1 win over Cheltenham in the cup, to advance us to a third round matchup against Championship team Hull. Another decent draw, and likely will be the end of the run this season. It is away, so should net me another decent attendance purse.

We're also through to the second round of the FA Trophy, about to face Skrill North Altrincham.

All in all, a very solid, productive season so far. Assuming I don't have a total meltdown, I will certainly achieve my goals this season. I've even an outside chance of making a playoff push---if I can put together another good run.

Rushall Olympic - Season 2014/15 - Skrill North - 9th

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

A positive first season. Many of the players will be replaced next season but the team I cobbled together this season wasn't far off the playoffs.

Skrill North

The Team

GK Matt Glennon - Veteran keeper played most of his career in the football league.

RB Ebby Nelson-Addy - Not a bad season from the pacy fullback. Once on Aston Villa's books.

CB Mark Preece - Ex-Bristol Rovers centre-back did okay.

CB Ismail Yakubu - 30 year old centre-back played 250+ games for Barnet. Had trials with Arsenal as a youngster.

LB Fred Murray - Leftback signed in July. Was without a club for a year following his release from Luton.

RW Brian Smikle - Pacy winger contributed 11 assists.

AP Luke Gallagher - Ex-Burnley playmaker had a decent season.

DLP Ian Craney - Anchored the midfield. Once played for Huddersfield.

LW Tom Bird - Left-back deployed on left midfield has played 250 games in non-league.

AF Chris Sharp - Ex-Hereford Scottish striker had a fantastic season, scoring 31 goals

DLF Dele Adebola - Journeyman striker contributed 13 goals at the age of 40.

Things are going from good to better...just notified my FA Cup match vs Hull will be televised... an additional £120K on top of the gate receipts :)

edit: The televised match allows me to see that, if I somehow manage to pull off a miracle upset....Bedford will travel to Anfield for a matchup against Liverpool (who are, by the way, leading the EPL at the moment!). Is it wrong to hope that Hull primary team is full of people with the flu??? :D

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2030/31 - Premier league

League position: 3rd (Position chart)

Media prediction: 6th

Champions league: Semi-final

FA Cup: 6th round

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players;

Hugo Tapia - The American playmaker was a consistent highlight for us.

Tyler Jones - Fantastic in central defence for our Champions league campaign, won the European Golden boy award.

Todd Low - Lightning pace made him a constant threat up-front. Finished the second highest scorer in the Premiership, and joint third in the Champions league.

Legend watch;

Ian Dorey - Career stats - Struggled this season, especially with the new players coming in. Growing unhappy in the reserves, though I recently gave him a new contract above and beyond what he asked for.

Ryan Neil - Career stats - Performed well in a few cup appearances, but couldn't compete for a first team place amongst the new, young signings.

Barry George Bowen - Career stats - Struggled at times this season with the step up to the Champions league, his previously formidable partnership with Tyler Jones may be coming to an end.

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners
2016/17           Skrill Premier                 2nd                Playoff winners
2017/18           League 2                       10th               FA Cup 3rd round
2018/19           League 2                       3rd                Automatic promotion
2019/20           League 1                       8th        
2020/21           League 1                       4th                Playoff winners, JPT winners, FA Cup 5th round replay 
2021/22           Championship                   9th
2022/23           Championship                   11th
2023/24           Championship                   8th
2024/25           Championship                   6th                Playoff winners
2025/26           Premier league                 17th               Avoided relegation
2026/27           Premier league                 10th
2027/28           Premier league                 11th               FA Cup finalists
2028/29           Premier league                  7th
2029/30           Premier league                  3rd                FA Cup finalists, Champions league qualification
2030/31           Premier league                  3rd                Champions league semi-finalists

Nantwich Town

Season finish 2015-16

18th Position

Very swift update from my desk at work... (no screenshots)

Finished my second season as manager of The Dabbers down in 18th place of The Skrill North. I had a strong few games at the start of the season, but tailed off towards the end and finished by going 18 games without a win! It was shocking and depressing, and I considered throwing it all away.

On top of that, I lost a number of players who wouldn't sign new terms and my wage budget was decreased at the season progressed - thus making this a lot more challenging that I had hoped! Especially after a promising 9th place finish in my first season.

Having now lost my top scorer, as well as my two most reliable fullbacks, I am now starting my third season with a mixture of youth players and experienced heads who I could get in on the cheap! Hopefully the 2016-17 season is a bit more fruitful, though at this current stage I'm not entirely convinced it will be - and the media think likewise, predicting my team finish bottom of the table.

Wish me luck! I think I'll need it...!

Things are going from good to better...just notified my FA Cup match vs Hull will be televised... an additional £120K on top of the gate receipts :)

edit: The televised match allows me to see that, if I somehow manage to pull off a miracle upset....Bedford will travel to Anfield for a matchup against Liverpool (who are, by the way, leading the EPL at the moment!). Is it wrong to hope that Hull primary team is full of people with the flu??? :D

Oh well...no trip to Anfield for me this year. As expected, Hull handled us easily, handing us a 4-0 loss. Surprisingly, they only attracted a crowd of some 8500 people, meaning the gate reciept was much lower than I had hoped. Thankfully, it was televised, which made up for some of the lower gate receipt.

AFC Fylde – Premier League 2026/27 – Season 13

So after qualifying for Europe last season the plan for this season was to enjoy our debut in Europe and hopefully make a run at one of the domestic cups, with the board wanting a safe mid-table position, the bookies gave us odds of 80-1 which put us in midtable with Newcastle, whilst poor Crewe were given no chance, with the media also predicting a 12th place finish. On the plus side we continued to climb the Rich List.

Transfers - Another expensive season, though I did recoup nearly half of the money through sales, the signings this season were all youngsters for the future, including Brazilian Wonderkid Reinaldo and 15yo Italian Full-Back Giuseppe Scaffidi. Saleswise I culled various youngsters who hadn't made it and also lost two of my best players as both their wage demands were out of my reach - full back Kamga joined Barcelona for a record £4.6m which was less than he was worth but I forgot he had a min. release fee on the plus side Barcelona also offered 50% sell on clause, whilst Striker Ford joined Wigan on the cheap as his value plummented and he had next to no interest, though I only got half that money with the other half being split between him and Soton stupid sell on clauses :(

League Cup - Another woeful attempt and with my first team this time as we somehow lost to Wigan on pens and was to be the tale of our season as despite dominating the game we wasted our chances with stupid long range shots before Edmans scored a header from a corner however in the last few minutes we gifted Wigan a goals as Miller scored an own goal from a corner and to make matters worse Wigan hadn't even had a shot on target at this point.

FA Cup - Didn't go much better, we laboured past non-league Wrexham before being easily beaten by Liverpool.

Europa League - Thanks to West Ham winning the competition last season we would enter at the Group Stage and as third seeds got a tough group drawing Italians Fiorentina who'd lost the Final of the Europa League in 2023 and 2019, Germans HSV who'd made it to the Quarter Finals in 2015 and 2022, and Russians FC Krasnodar who I'd never heard of - possibly because they were only formed in 2007 and after reading Wikipedia it seems they got to the Russian Prem thanks to their Billionaire owner and other sides 'refusing' promotion, gamewise this was just their third season in Europe having finished bottom of their group in 2023 and losting in the playoff in 2017.

Game One - First up was the long trip to Russia where a goal from Wonderkid Crnkovic was enough to give us a debut win.

Game Two - Our Home debut went horribly wrong as we somehow lost 3-0 to HSV.

Game Three - The trip to Florence didn't go to plan as we somehow only returned with a point and left us third in the group at the halfway stage.

Game Four - We finally won at home in Europe with a fine performance which combined with HSV losing in Russia but us top of the group.

Game Five - Another fine home performance saw us book our place in the Knockout Round with a game to spare.

Game Six - A late goal from Swede Hellstrom saw my second string win in Germany to top the Group.

Final Group Table - After a rocky start we comfortably claimed top spot with HSV beating out Fiorentina to second spot.

Knockout Round First Leg - We were drawn against Bosnians Zeljeznicar who'd only made it to the knockout stage once before and had qualified ahead of Red Star and Espanyol, but despite being favourites we just didn't turn up and thanks to a defensive error from Burchert somehow lost the game.

Knockout Roud Second Leg - Another shocking performance as we gifted Zeljeznicar a goal from a corner at the start of the game leaving us needing to score three goals, however we were more interested in launching pointless long range shots than scoring, though we did eventually score through Spanish Wonderkid Perez though he couldn't miss taping the ball home from on the line from a corner, he then added second but it wasn't enough as we went out on away goals. Also weirdly this was the only game this season we didn't fill our stadium?

League Table - It was a frustrating season as for the most part we were fairly poor in the first half of the season as we just couldn't get going, though some of it could be due to me resting players after European games with my second string not that strong - though from the eight games where I rested several players we won three, drew three and lost two which isn't much different from our normal results though they were all games that we could/should have won. The only thing that saved our season was our end of season form as after going out of Europe we won our next seven league games in a row (which was a record for us) and ended with eight wins from the last 10 games with just narrow defeats to Utd and Chelsea our only points dropped, however our poor early season form had left us with too much ground to make up to qualify for Europe and we could only finish eighth despite claiming more points this season than last.

Highlights this season included coming from 3-0 down to beat Wigan 5-4, nearly throwing away a 3-0 lead away to Arsenal but holding on to win 4-3 and a late season win over Spurs to keep our slim hopes of European football alive for a couple more games.

A couple of things were proving to be a problem this season - our strikers were poor again as they just resorted to shooting on sight no matter how far out they were, we were also making far too many mistakes as we conceeded at least 23 goals through mistakes this season, which is just under half of the total amount of goals we conceeded this season.

I possibly found the problem with my attacking play and it seems to be the Drop Deeper Instruction - removing it gave us extra support in attack and reduced the wasteful long shots, however it exposed us defensively as we kept on getting caught out, though switching my faster defender to Cover helped out.

Squad, Overview, Best XI

Portuguese Keeper Filipe had another solid season, with competition supplied by my highly rated new Uruguay Keeper Valentin Jimenez.

In Defence Danish Attacking Full Back Lasse Berthelsen had another solid season, however he lost his place to my latest Wonderkid (we seem to have a production line of wonderkids :cool:) Argentine Rodrigo Jimenez who had a mixed season but is developing nicely. On the Left was 15yo Italian Giuseppe Scaffidi who started the season strongly but faded as the season went on but he's only a kid and settled in nicely, thankfully Englishman Lee Bunce stepped up with some solid performances and those two should have my left back position sorted for the long term.

In the Centre of Defence Dan Edmans again marshalled the defence though him and his partner Patrick Burchert had too many off days this season, providing cover was Dane Christoffer Bruun and Czech Zdenek Linhart however I'm not sure either of them are going to be long term options.

In the Anchorman role Irishman Andy Smith could have done better, with cover supplied by Frenchman Jacques Lasserre I might need a top quality DM to push onwards.

In the Playmaker role Frenchman and now captain Christian Kieffer had another solid season, as did Eddie Miller who played to the left of him, however the right side position proved to be a bit of a a problem Luis Ramos started their and did ok but isn't really good enough, in the end with the role switching from Box-to-Box to Centre Midfielder Croatian Wonderkid Marko Crnkovic put in some strong performances and will hopefully make the position his own though him being left footed doesn't help.

Upfront we continued to struggle not helped by Clive Ford having a shocking season and coupled with his wage demands meant losing him wasn't that much of a blow, whilst his form partner Leonardo Ciasca again failed to impress with over a third of his goals coming in one game, so with my experienced strikers out of form I decided to trust in my highly rated youngsters Spanish Wonderkid Jose Perez was deployed as my support Striker and he did well enough to earn himself a new bumper long term contract and won the U21 Golden Boot at the start of the season, partnering him was Swede Patrik Hellstrom who returned from his loan at Liverpool as a Wonderkid and despite a slow start he finaly found some form at the end of the season as he scored six goals in the seven game winning streak towards the season end.

Finances - We lost money this season and with our wage bill increasing I won't have much to spend next season, especially not when the board pay out £1.7m to shareholders when we didn't even make a profit this season :(

Facilities - Continue to improve having now reached the Good level and at the end of the season we finally increased our Youth Category to level 2 and hopefully we'll finally start getting through some useful youth players next season.

Club Rankings - We enter the European Club Rankings in 65th place with a co-efficient of 32.092.

Reputation - Our European campaign see's our reputation jump upto 3.5 stars and gives us the 10th best reputation in England, though things are going bad for Liverpool as newly promoted sides Cardiff and Swansea's reputations increase above Liverpool's :)

And finally I was finally offered a International job as Holland became the first nation to offer me a job.

Nationality Break Down:

6: ENG

3: DEN, ESP

2: ARG, AUT, FRA, ITA, POR, IRL

1: CRO, CYP, CZE, NOR, SWE, UKR, URU, WAL

Homegrown (15-21 excluding yth players):

Club: 5

Nation: 9

Due: 13

Registered League Squad: 10 from 16 players.

Goals for next season

- Get back into Europe and again make an attempt on the domestic cups.

- Improve the side I could do with a quality DC, DM, MC and ST - though with less games next season an extra ST and MC aren't a priority as I have some youngsters, it's in the DC and DM positions that I don't really have any quality youngsters waiting in line. Though attracting quality players will be a problem as I cannot match the wages they are already on as every one else seem to be paying out silly money - I've been chasing a 19yo Wonderkid Striker at Championship Southampton and at the end of the season they have just given him a bumper new contract worth £63K p/w which is way out of my reach :(

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

Single Game: 1,888,753 (144,931st)

Single Season: 944,378 (162,247th)

Single Season in England: 944,378 (90,210th)

Single Season Premier Division: 177,426 (199,247th)

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  Leaderboard Points (Season/Game)        Euro C/E (Place)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Finalists                
2015/16        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                
2016/17        Skrill Premier           13th                                                  20,675 / 27,370
2017/18        Skrill Premier           5th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                27,387 / 51,605
2018/19        League Two               18th                                                  46,936 / 98,541
2019/20        League Two               6th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                51,575 / 150,116
2020/21        League One               5th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                72,604 / 222,720
2021/22        Championship             16th                                                  119,257 / 341,977
2022/23        Championship             10th                                                  103,178 / 445,155
2023/24        Championship             1st        Champions - Promoted!                      944,378 / 1,389,533
2024/25        Premier Division         14th                                                  156,012 / 1,545,545
2025/26        Premier Division         5th                                                   165,782 / 1,711,327
2026/27        Premier Division         8th        UEL - 1st KO                               177,426 / 1,888,753          32.092 (65th)

After repeated failures in the Big Euro challenge, time to make my first foray into England.

Finally settled on a team that looked appealing, so Truro City will be our home. I like the idea of a team representing Cornwall, a bit on the edge of England, both physically and culturally.

Our profile

Not much to work with, especially lacking in wide players. Looks like we'll start out using some narrow tactics.

AFC Fylde – Premier League 2027/28 – Season 14

After a disappointing season last season the boards expectations were for a top half finish with them again giving me a £20m war chest to do it, whilst the bookies continued to reduce our odds expectating us to just about snatch a top half finish but finish way short of the European places, with the media also predicting a ninth placed finish. We also continued to rise up the rich list making it to 31st.

Transfers - With no european football this season it was a chance to rebuild the squad - out went Keeper Galdos who was unhappy at being third choice but was happy to go to Utd to be third choice for them, right back Berthelsen went to Wolves after he wanted more money than I was willing to pay him for a backup role, DC Bruun went to Wolves after moaning when I signed a new defender and also refused to sign a new contract (even before moaning) and he was joined by fellow centre-back Edmans on transfer deadline day after he was asking for silly money to stay at the club, and I was left with no choice but to accept a cut price offer from Wolves (he was worth £7m) to get his already high wages off the bill, they were also joined by Midfielder Holt who hadn't developed, whilst fellow Midfielder Hooper joined Huddersfield as did Italian Striker Ciasca who was sold for a club record £7m, also leaving was Midfielder Zhuk who hadn't developed and Ramos who wasn't good enough but was demanding to be a key player with silly money. Annonyingly most of the players who were wanting silly money to stay were happy to accept contracts similar to their existing deals at the other clubs despite all of the clubs being smaller clubs than me (yes including Liverpool)?

The money raised form the sales was pretty much put back into signing players as I snatched up several promising youngsters from around the UK and also added two new quality centre-backs Welshman Rob Graham arrived from Utd whilst Jamacian Derrick Dixon was snatched from relegated Villa and in Jan I brought in Bolivian Right Winger Carlos Mejia.

League Cup - Better than recent years but we were still rather poor needing extra-time to beat Gateshead and Southampton before being knocked out by Bournemouth.

FA Cup - The less said about this the better :(

Premier League - It was another frustrating season as at the start we just couldn't get going and found ourselves utterly unable to defend and with the new patch seemingly making wing play more effective we were being destroyed down the flanks, though what saved our season yet again was our end of season form helped by the arrival of a Right Winger I switched over to my preferred 4-4-2 formation which saw us unbeaten in our last nine games with six wins and three draws and snatch the last Europa League spot on the last day (thanks to City winning the League Cup) with a 1-0 win over Arsenal whilst Southampton were held by Spurs, whilst West Ham yet again snuck into Europe thanks to a cup after losing the FA Cup Final to City.

Squad, Overview and Best XI

Keeper Filipe had another solid season in goal though I did have to break the bank to keep hold of him, though his agent was being a right pain each time I freed up funds to offer him more money he would demand more and with his demands hitting £90K p/w I got him to fire his agent and finaly accept 'just' £50K p/w.

In defence things didn't go to well as Argentine Wonderkid Rodrigo Jimenez had a poor season at right back and made me thing selling Berthelsen wasn't that much of a good idea however his form did improve with the switch to 4-4-2 though for some reason my staff no longer rate him reckoning he's reached his potential (with my best staff member only rating him 2.5 stars?), down the left Italian Giuseppe Scaffidi didn't have a great season either however he is still just 17 and has only just learned English he has also become a Wonderkid at just 17 :cool: (didn't think they could become one until 19?) thankfully English Youngster Lee Bunce stepped up with some solid performances.

In the Centre of Defence Commanding Welshman Rob Graham had a solid season though he did miss four months of the season through injury which not surprisingly corresponded with our worst parts of the season, his partner Jamacian Derrick Dixon despite being better on paper (apart form in the area) didn't really impress and an improvement is expected of him next season, providing cover was Austrian Patrick Burchert who finished the season in fine form but isn't really solid enough to push the club to the next level, whilst Czech Zdenek Linhart had another moaning season but didn't help his cause with a poor season.

In Midfield Irishman Andy Smith had a disappointing season in the Anchorman role and is likely to be backup for the Deep Lying Playmaker role next season. In the Centre of Midfield Brazilian Wonderkid Reinaldo took his chance this season with some fine performances first in the Advanced Playermaker role in the 4-1-3-2 formation and then settled into the Centre Midfield role in my 4-4-2 formation, playing alongside him was Eddie Miller who had a mixed season at the start he found himself moved to the right side in the midfield trio before putting in some fine performances in the Deep Lying Playmaker role. On the Left was Croatian Wonderkid Marko Crnkovic who had a solid season starting the season in good form on the left of my midfield trio before moving to his more naturally Left Winger position were he continued to play well, whilst down the Right was my new signing Flamboyant Bolivian Winger Carlos Mejia who hit the ground running with some fine performances.

Though the change in formation does have one down side as it looks like Captain Christian Kieffer's time at the club might be over :(

Upfront Spanish Wonderkid Jose Perez was in good form in the support role and ended the season scoring in our last five games, partnering him was my Swedish Wonderkid Patrik Hellstrom who finally started to show his potential with a fine season and has formed a solid partnership with Perez upfront and was runner-up for Young Player of the Year, providing cover was Argentine Mariano Alegre who stepped in with some fine performances when Hellstrom went through a rought patch, though cover for Perez is a bit of a problem the best I really have at the moment is Cypriot Christoforos Georgiou though I may redeploy Kieffer upfront next season though that will leave me light in midfield.

Facilities - We now have great (3.5 star) facilities with them being improved further next season in the hopes that we can reach Category One as yet again we didn't get any academy players worth a mention. Whilst out of nowhere the board decided to install Under-soil heating in the ground (despite not having a game called over for years) though they still refuse to build a new stadium due to our lack of a fan base (despite selling out our stadium all season again) :(

Finances - Not looking great though the loses were only due to facilitie improvments, though with the increased wage demands it's likely we'll have to continue to sell players to finance new signings. On the plus side we did sign a bumper new additional kit sponsor though it only brings in an extra £300K a year

Shirt Sales - Not seen this before, interesting that Mejia topped the charts despite only signing in Jan, whilst Miller is a bit of a surprise. Also our tour of the USA was last season

Manager - I reached 700 games this season, I also broke the £10m barrier for agent fees and should break the £100m barrier for signings next season :cool:

Eruopean Rankings - We somehow climb 39 places to 65th which is where we were at the end of last season?

Reputation - Our reputation leaps upto four stars and with it Continental :cool:

Nationality Break Down:

6: ENG

3: ESP

2: ARG, FRA, IRL, SCOT, WAL

1: AUT, BOL, BRA, CRO, CYP, CZE, ITA, JAM, NIR, SWE

Homegrown (15-21 excluding yth players):

Club: 4

Nation: 10

Due: 9

Registered League Squad: 8 from 14 players.

Goals for next season

- See if we can actually start the season inform for a change and again hopefully see some progress in the cups whilst securing european football though I doubt we have the squad depth to make a run on the Champions League places.

- Try and keep hold of my better players, Filipe, Perez and Crnkovic have all made noises about wanting a move to bigger clubs but thankfully they are all on long term contracts.

- Improve my squad depth, could do with another Striker and Midfielder and if my defence don't improve another Centre-Back and Right Back to add some competition.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

Single Game: 2,036,855 (139,906th)

Single Season: 944,378 (1166,891st)

Single Season in England: 944,378 (99,919th)

Single Season Premier Division: 177,426 (203,803th)

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  Leaderboard Points (Season/Game)        Euro C/E (Place)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Finalists                
2015/16        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                
2016/17        Skrill Premier           13th                                                  20,675 / 27,370
2017/18        Skrill Premier           5th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                27,387 / 51,605
2018/19        League Two               18th                                                  46,936 / 98,541
2019/20        League Two               6th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                51,575 / 150,116
2020/21        League One               5th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                72,604 / 222,720
2021/22        Championship             16th                                                  119,257 / 341,977
2022/23        Championship             10th                                                  103,178 / 445,155
2023/24        Championship             1st        Champions - Promoted!                      944,378 / 1,389,533
2024/25        Premier Division         14th                                                  156,012 / 1,545,545
2025/26        Premier Division         5th                                                   165,782 / 1,711,327
2026/27        Premier Division         8th        UEL - 1st KO                               177,426 / 1,888,753                32.092 (65th)
2027/28        Premier Division         6th                                                   148,102 / 2,036,855                31.617 (65th)

Okay---I have to say...WTF???? 3 matches to play, Tom Collins is 3rd in league scoring with 26 goals, has added 9 assists, is 6th on leaderboard for Player of Match (with 7), and is 13th on AvR Leaderboard w/ 7.11

He's helped Bedford achieve what will appear to be a top half finish (predicted 24th again).

And yet, Collins is *Still* not on the shortlist for player of year.

The other 3 pure strikers that made the list had 27/10/7.28 (goals/assists/AvR), 21/8/7.21, and 15/21/7.08

WTF??????

edit: Man, was Collins ever ticked at the news....he went out and did this the day the shortlist was released!

edit 2: LoL---I don't think the game recognizes Collins' existence....he scores four goals, and somehow manages not to make team of the week? (The two strikers that did make the PoW scored 1 goal/1 assist (9.2AvR) and 3goal/1 assist (9.6 AvR)

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2031/32 - Premier league

League position: 2nd (Position chart)

Media prediction: 5th

A valiant run ended without us able to make up the 2 point defect to Man City, last season's invincibles. But we are clearly gaining ground.

Champions league: Winners!

Final: Juventus 1-2 King's Lynn

A sensational run which saw us hammer Barcelona and Bayern ended in imperious fashion. Even an equaliser from former Linnet Couto just before half time didn't halt our momentum, as we dominated in a 2-1 victory.

FA Cup: Winners!

Final: King's Lynn 3-0 Man Utd

League cup: Winners!

Final: King's Lynn 3-0 Tottenham

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players;

Emmanuel Leclerc - MC - The surprise of the season. Signed on a free after a loan move from PSG to Norwich, he stepped in to the first team as an injury replacement and made the central playmaker role his own.

Jermain Flemming - ST - The more technical foil to Low's sheer pace, Flemming had a breakout season, proving particularly effective in the domestic cup finals.

Dylan Coupe - DL - Didn't impress last season after his £21m move from Fulham, but was excellent in this campaign.

Todd Low - ST - Fast as f@*k and absoluetly tireless. Top scorer in the Champions league, and 2nd in the Premiership.

File - MC - One of our few new signings, proved an excellent addition to our creative midfield trio.

Tyler Jones - DC -Tragically missed the Champions league final, despite an excellent season.

Legends;

Ian Dorey - Career stats

Ryan Neil - Career stats

Barry George Bowen - Career stats

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners
2016/17           Skrill Premier                 2nd                Playoff winners
2017/18           League 2                       10th               FA Cup 3rd round
2018/19           League 2                       3rd                Automatic promotion
2019/20           League 1                       8th        
2020/21           League 1                       4th                Playoff winners, JPT winners, FA Cup 5th round replay 
2021/22           Championship                   9th
2022/23           Championship                   11th
2023/24           Championship                   8th
2024/25           Championship                   6th                Playoff winners
2025/26           Premier league                 17th               Avoided relegation
2026/27           Premier league                 10th
2027/28           Premier league                 11th               FA Cup finalists
2028/29           Premier league                  7th
2029/30           Premier league                  3rd                FA Cup finalists, Champions league qualification
2030/31           Premier league                  3rd                Champions league semi-finalists
2031/32           Premier league                  2nd                Champions league winners, FA Cup winners, League cup winners

Currently starting a new game with these rules. Just waiting for FM14 to reach the end of the season so I can pick a club. Hopefully I'll have better luck now the game's on its final patch.

Gypsum: I love how going into your completion season you had one JPT in your cabinet. Then you win it all at once. :D

I had a really good first season. The board said they wanted me to make the playoffs. My team was good and I was on course. I lost two games and dropped out of the playoff positions. There was a sudden takeover and they sacked me to put their own candidate in.

Not a happy bunny, sigh. Start again tomorrow...

I had a really good first season. The board said they wanted me to make the playoffs. My team was good and I was on course. I lost two games and dropped out of the playoff positions. There was a sudden takeover and they sacked me to put their own candidate in.

Not a happy bunny, sigh. Start again tomorrow...

First season of the challenge and they want you to make the playoffs? I'd find a new team pronto!!!

48i2alstwhlf7v54g.jpg

Bedford Town

Season 2022/23

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager / Lg. Records (team) / Lg. Records (ind)

Season Nine (5th in TSP) was a a very solid, succesful season. It actually feels as if we're making progress. The great cup run, coupled with the board takeover and a bit of wage budget injection which came with it, allowed us to build a fairly solid team. Never worried about relegation this season (though the bookies put us 24th), we actually had a faint chance at a playoff run for a bit. Some late season injuries (4 midfielders went out for 2-6 weeks in March) put an end to that run, but we still finished respectable 11th. We'll try to solidify that position and make a push this season (losing a bit of wage budget, but not too much-- just enough to make some tough choices for me).

Our starting salary was still lowest in the league became a respectable £11.5K/wk, which allowed me to pull in another striker and desperately needed midfielders to support the strike force. These signings paid off, as we improved on our scoring by nearly 25% over the previous year. Now, I only need to shore up the defense and lose some of the yellow cards (we're the league worst for yellows awarded) in order to make that push to the top.

Tom Collins seems to care little about who his striker partner is, as he keeps banging home the goals year on year. This year he ended 2nd in league goalscoring (with 31). He also contributed 8 cup goals and a total of 11 assists. His AvR 7.22 AvR (overall) led the team as well. His strike partner Matthew Mattis came over from Worchester for £500 added 11 league goals and 14 assists (+3 cup goals and 3 cup assists) with a 7.02 AvR. Finally, Robbie Guthrie (DC) was solid again in his second season, leading the league with Key tackles, while grabbing two goals and an AvR of 7.01

PLAYOFFS

Not this season!

Cup Competitions

We had another solid FA Cup run, if not quite as deep as last season. Our leadoff matches found us facing Droylsden, Hartlepool (who would end the league in second, but fail to advance in the playoffs), and Cheltenham. Each was easily handled (the 4-1 victory vs Hartlepool was part of our first "run" of the season...though they repaid us with a 4-1 defeat a few weeks later). This brought us to our final match of the competition, where a disappointing 8000 or so only showed up at The Circle to witness their home team handily defeat my Eagles 4-0. Fortunately, the match was televised, so we made a bit more cash in the match than the attendance figures would suggest. (Hull, by the way, also managed promotion to the Premier League---be interesting to see how they do in the top flight).

Our FA Trophy run was a bit better than last year...well, actually, we played four matches (as opposed to one the previous season). Unfortunately, the four matches were split between two teams, as I needed replays in order to have a chance. Our first was vs Hednesford (2-2 draw at their place, followed by a 3-0 win at home), setting us up for an away match vs Altrincham. The ref in that game had quite a bit of work, issuing 4 yellow cards (including two to my solid DC Guthrie) and quite frankly nearly costing us the match. We managed a late equalizer, setting us up for a home replay, where all the scoring happened in the final 10 minutes of the match. Unfortunately, it was Altricham which managed two late strikes, and our 90th minute equalizer was just a consolation, and our cup run was over for the season.

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season (who else? :cool:) NOTE: Incredibly, Tom Collins won his 9th Fans Player of Season (in 9 seasons played). He has been a club legend since (at least) season 5. He is nearing the 300 senior goal mark (281 total), with 224 coming from league, and 57 from cup matches. He is by far the best player I've had in the few years I've run this challenge...and shows no sign of stopping. at least, by results). Its a shame that so far in TSP, he has not even been shortlisted for player of the season---despite his stellar season this year he *still* managed to go unnoticed for the PoY shortlist. Quite amusingly, the day the shortlist came out sans Collins, Tom went out and netted 4 times in a 6-2 win vs Dover.

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Weston-super-Mare, Chorley, Dorchester, Nantwich, Grays, East Thurrock

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Man City (Q.P.R, West Brom, Nottingham Forest)

Championship Ipswich (Burton, Bristol City, Birmingham)

League One Luton (Walsall, York, Oldham, Fleetwood)

League Two Dag & Red (Gateshead, Wycombe)

Skrill Premier Lincoln (Stockport, Hayes & Yeading, Sutton Utd, Whitehawk)

Skrill North Altrincham (Gloucester, Matlock, Witton)

Skrill South Ebbsfleet (Bath, St. Albans, Hendon)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Liverpoole (Top Goalscorer, Tom Collins!)

Capital One Cup Man Utd

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Leicester

English FA Trophy Dover

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Man Utd

Euro Cup Group Stage: Chelsea

Euro Cup Playoff: Tottenham

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Aston Villa

Euro Cup 1st QR: None

Continental Achievements

Man City -- Won European Super Cup (against Dortmund)

Man City -- Won Club World Championship (against Atletico Mineiro)

Norwich -- Eliminated from Euro Cup First knockout round (by Hannover)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (By Olympique Lyonnais)

Reading -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Second Knockout Round (by A.C. Milan)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (By Olympique Lyonnais)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (by Chelsea)

Everton -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi Final (By Fenerbahce)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League Final (By Real Madrid)

What's Next?

Solid performance last year--we need to consolidate and push for the playoffs. Might be a two-season task, but we're going to try to make a strong push. A few signings to help our defense a bit, without letting up on our goalscoring, and we should be fine. We're taking a slight wage budget hit, but nothing to bad, we should be able to manage. We *Finally* got a parent club around midseason last year (I've tried every year since the start, and either the board couldn't afford to look, or they couldn't find anything suitable). It's not much, but it is a start. Maybe a decent loanee or two can find thier way down to help us out.

We also have finally made progress in the reputation category, jumping all the way up to 16th (among Skrill Premier Division teams). There is now only one Skill N/S team with a higher rep than us (Braintree)

Career Overview

Season            Team                 League            Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2014/15	     Bedford Town	     Skrill South	     19(22)		     Skrill South & FA Cup Overachiever
2015/16	     Bedford Town	     Skrill North	     13(22)		     Skrill North overachiever
2016/17	     Bedford Town	     Skrill North	     11(22)		     Skrill North overachiever
2017/18	     Bedford Town	     Skrill South	      5(21)		     Skrill South, FA Cup Overachiever.  PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!
2018/19	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	     19(24)		     Skrill Premier, FA Trophy overachiever
2019/20	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	     20(24)		     Skrill Premier Overachiever
2020/21	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	     18(24)		     Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiver
2021/22	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	     17(24)		     Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiever         
2022/23	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	     11(24)		     Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiever

Me too but I'm waiting for a save that Enfield Town promoted :(

If I remember correctly it took one guy several dozen tries to get Enfield.

So a question: would it be ethical to use the IGE to temporarily bump a wanted team's reputation to the max to ensure they get promoted, before reducing it back to the previous level? I'd say no, but...

AdamClatworthy_NewsInbox_zps531a6e4c.png

Barry George Bowen obviously doesn't have OCD.

Gypsum: I love how going into your completion season you had one JPT in your cabinet. Then you win it all at once. :D

Yeah, and those two lost FA cup finals in recent years really added to the satisfaction!!

Wales are ranked 9th?

They've dipped to 11th after reaching the Euro 2023 semi-finals, but they're a decent side. Three of my back four were Welsh internationals. The Welsh league sides seem to be churning out good prospects.

After repeated failures in the Big Euro challenge, time to make my first foray into England.

Finally settled on a team that looked appealing, so Truro City will be our home. I like the idea of a team representing Cornwall, a bit on the edge of England, both physically and culturally.

Our profile

Not much to work with, especially lacking in wide players. Looks like we'll start out using some narrow tactics.

Well that just didn't go well. Pretty horrible defense all season and we ended up finishing 20th, dropping on goal differential. Think I'm going to take over one of the newly promoted teams and try to bring in some of my attacking players from Truro. I'm so not good at this version.

Well that just didn't go well. Pretty horrible defense all season and we ended up finishing 20th, dropping on goal differential. Think I'm going to take over one of the newly promoted teams and try to bring in some of my attacking players from Truro. I'm so not good at this version.

Certainly much harder this year than previous (the rapid successes we've seen notwithstanding!) Now in my 10th season of challenge, and still not really pushing out of Skrill Premier quite yet.

Maidstone United 2019/2020 Season review (Third season)

0pkAs0N.png

After a bit of an absence due to university work etc I have continued my save from where I picked off. I have had internet issues however so ploughed on meaning no screenshots for this year.

League

We were in and around the lower end of the table for most of the year, however due to the poor quality of the relegation zone this year we were 10+ points clear after about 12 games. Towards the end I still had very faint playoff hopes with died with 6 games to go and we ended up finishing in a very respectable 9th on 67 points (7th, 8th and 9th all only split on GD, which gives me great hope for next year!)

Cups

Again we made the 1st Round of the FA cup and again we drew strong league two opposition away, losing 2-0 to Kidderminster whom got promoted that year and made the forth round, so I was not too disappointed.

In the FA trophy we had a blinder, and made the Quarter Finals drawing Barnet at home, and took them to a replay which we lost 2-1. Barnet went on to lose on Pens in the final and dominated the SCP all year so again very happy with this all considered.

Club news

After losing money for the first half of the season due to reduced attendances in the temporary ground we finally returned to a much improved Gallagher stadium which increased our attendances by roughly 500 each match and we now have a 4339 capacity stadium. Should be plenty for this year and possibly lower league two.

This also came with the added bonus of the amazing pitch which really helps the passing style of play I encourage.

Our club continued to make a nice profit of £37,000 which considering our reduced attendance for 6 months I am happy with.

Key Man

Again the one and only Bradley Wadkins! Even at this improved level he still scored 24 from 45(2) and 6(5) pens. Not to mention 13 assists, 8 PoM and an average rating in all comps of 7.13.

Goals from Last season

• Consolidate to a mid-table finish [Yes!]
  • Be more competitive in cups [Yes!]
  • Look to upgrade youth facilities if poss [No- board wanted stadium improvements over youth facilities, which I can understand]

Goals for this season

• Playoffs
  • New parent team as Barnsley are offering no support of any kind!
  • Continue to make a profit in preparation for the football league

[size=1]Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017-2018         Maidstone United           England                Skrill South              9th                          -
2018-2019         Maidstone United           England                Skrill South              4th                         Playoff Winners!
2019-2020         Maidstone United           England                Skrill Premier            9th                         FA Trophy Quarter finalists

[/size]

BadgeHampton_and_Richmond_Borough.gif

Apparently 30-year old unemployed Dutch bartender Waldy Waldy is Hampton and Richmond Boroughs new manager. Waldy showed up at The Beavers training ground with a handwritten 1 year contract on the back of a 650 euro bar tab, signed by both chairman Steve McPherson and himself. McPherson was quoted as saying: "The contract seems to be legally binding, even if I do not remember signing it nor meeting mister Waldy."

The Beavers new manager reportedly said: "Challenge accepted!", before going into the nearest pub he could find for a nice refreshing pint of lager.

Archived