Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM14 challenge

My first season in league one is going OK, coning up to Christmas and we're 7th, should be ok from relegation, but we're nowhere near good enough to go up so this season is just gonna drag a bit till I can get through it and bring in better players for next season.

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Premier League - 2031/32

My finest season to date with Poole. We managed to break into the top 4 for the first time fishing equal on points with Arsenal in 3rd. We almost stole the 3rd spot on the final weekend as we beat Tottenham 3-1 and Arsenal managed to get a injury time winner against already relegated Norwich to beat us to 3rd by only 6 goals!. In truth we would have probably not deserved to finish 3rd but we absolutely deserved to finish 4th. We held our position for the majority of the season. I didnt really strengthen my squad massively over the summer either. I Brought in a new defender who can play on both sides and loaned in a forward on a season long loan as back up. I'm really surprised we managed to finish 4th as this will be ou first season in Europe. Hopefully we can get through the qualifying rounds and make the groups.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - League cup saw a early exit to Villa but we had a run in the FA Cup where we should have made the final. We were 2-0 up vs Man United in the 83rd minute in the semi-final until 2 late goals took the game to extra time. They scored to make it 3-2 and we were all out of ideas and the game was lost. Really gutted as wanted to win that cup. Will have another go at it next season.

Squad - Really pleased with the squad. Will need to improve the midfield over the summer and maybe a new striker as backup.

Finances- £7.9m profit for the 2nd season running. £22m in the bank. Will invest in facilities and some new players.

Key Player Profiles:

Sean Barr - My only summer signing. Fantastic debut season at right and left back.

Leonel Parodi - Best player in my squad. Great return from midfield.

Mourad Dahleb - Links up well with Parodi in the centre of my midfield

Marc Tarres - Top scored this season with 16. Good season for the former Barca player.

Really happy to make the Champions League spots need to get into the groups now. Next season just hope we can handle the pressures of European football.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                9th 
2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2017/18         Skrill Premier              17th              Survival
2018/19         Skrill Premier              18th              Survival
2019/20         Skrill Premier              16th              FA Cup 3rd round. 
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round
2021/22         Sky Bet League 2            9th   
2022/23         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Champions & FA Cup 5th round    
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, JPT Winners & FA Cup Semi Final
2024/25         Sky Bet Championship        12th      
2025/26         Sky Bet Championship        4th               Promoted 
2026/27         Premier League              14th              Survival
2027/28         Premier League              13th
2028/29         Premier League              9th
2029/30         Premier League              15th
2030/31         Premier League              10th
2031/32         Premier League              4th               Champions League Qualification

Is this hyper-dimensional traveler

Hypanimz going to share his tactics with us too?

:)

iuSrTJs.png

Grays Athletic - SkyBet Championship - 2029/30 - Fourth (Playoff Final Win)

I made a lot of promises this season and had to cash them in. After a really poor start, I was looking down the barrel of a firing but come the end of October we started to turn it around. Just like last season, big runs of form followed by runs of crap.

Dropping two games late in the season and an eventful draw on the final match day stole the automatic promotion from us, so we had to battle in the playoffs again.

Leeds didnt want to give up goals and we traded one apiece in the away leg of the semi final.

Come game day, we were at home and took full advantage. After an astounding amount of shots we eventually scored and hung on to take the win and book ourselves another playoff final spot.

The final was just as eventful as our season. We finally scored on Charlton, only for them to equalise minutes later which was a trend all season. We took it to Extra time and at that half we still couldn't be separated.

A late goal from Staveland in the dying embers of the game stole it for us and WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE.

League Table

Games

Finances - So we were doing pretty well, until the stadium expansion kicked us in the teeth. The new item said it was costing 4.3mil ut the finances show 8.5. Not sure what is going on there.

FA Cup - A great run which made up for a poor Cap 1 run. We blasted PL Wigan out of nowhere and came really close to taking down Champions League Finalists Norwich.

Capital One Cup - Terrible. Poor way to start the season.

Squad - Great side which I didnt do any major change to from last season. We still let in heaps of goals, but I think that is tactic based rather than the quality of my defence.

Key Player Profiles

Raffaele Di Mattia - Has been amazing in defence for the club for two seasons now on loan from Roma. I will see if they will sell to me, as he is easily good enough for the PL.

Johan Horst - Club captain and a super consistant getting the ball to Garmey. Sent off in the last game against Stoke and missed the rest of the season.

Player of the Season

Paul Garmey - Injury prone this season, but bucketed in the goals none the less. Was behind the golden boot by only 3 goals.

Youth Players

Cameron Jones - Could be ok one day. Maybe not PL material though.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9104610&viewfull=1#post9104610"]2014/15[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South       18th                 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9116552&viewfull=1#post9116552"]2015/16[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South        2nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9128581&viewfull=1#post9128581"]2016/17[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9156295&viewfull=1#post9156295"]2017/18[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th                        FA Trophy Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9172908&viewfull=1#post9172908"]2018/19[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     18th                        FA Trophy Semi-Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9196746&viewfull=1#post9196746"]2019/20[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     19th                                    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9213236&viewfull=1#post9213236"]2020/21[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier      5th                         Promoted!/FA Trophy Win
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9220113&viewfull=1#post9220113"]2021/22[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   22nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9230480&viewfull=1#post9230480"]2022/23[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   15th  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9240272&viewfull=1#post9240272"]2023/24[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2    4th                    Promoted via Playoffs  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9244958&viewfull=1#post9244958"]2024/25[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    7th                    Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9252661&viewfull=1#post9252661"]2025/26[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    15th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9265885&viewfull=1#post9265885"]2026/27[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    3rd                    Promoted/Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9281615&viewfull=1#post9281615"]2027/28[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 17th 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9307671&viewfull=1#post9307671"]2028/29[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 6th                 Playoff Final Loss
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9313364&viewfull=1#post9313364"]2029/30[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 4th                 Playoff Final Win/Promoted

Next Season

Stay up

Somehow build a PL squad

Facility News

7500 seat stadium upgrade for 4.32 million. We don't own the stadium. THIS IS SO DUMB

Cancelled training facilities upgrade

Major Competition Winners

Championship - Ipswich, Swansea, Grays

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Man City

English Premier League - Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Nottm Forest, Tottenham, Newcastle, Derby, Southampton, Brentford.

Champions League - FCP

Euro - Newcastle

Hyundai A-League - Victory/Mariners

Is this hyper-dimensional traveler

Hypanimz going to share his tactics with us too?

:)

Would have to ask him mate :)

Would have to ask him mate :)

I have actually moved onto a new tactic since then. I found it a bit too attacking and I was getting caught on the break a bit too much. As I mess about with tactics alot (as deadfncat will confirm) I deleted the one I shared with him.

I have actually moved onto a new tactic since then. I found it a bit too attacking and I was getting caught on the break a bit too much. As I mess about with tactics alot (as deadfncat will confirm) I deleted the one I shared with him.

Ah ok mate :) Since I play ri916's challenge in England (very similar to dafuge's) I can't sign players, so I always look for interesting tactics to try. You never know when your next youth intake will have 3 good strikers and you play only with one... For that case it's very handy to have multiple formations ready :)

Wow. Got past Marseille in the Champions League qualifiers. Got a group with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Ajax.... :eek:

Dulwich Hamlet Season 2019/20 League One

After last season's shock promotion my team of conference/League Two players had one aim - survival.

Sky Bet League One - despite never settling on a first XI we managed to to defy season expectations once again and finish in the final playoff place. We played Plymouth in the semi finals (drew both league games 1-1) we raced into a 3-0 lead in the first leg but 2 goals from them left us worried until Brown completed his hat trick to give us a 4-2 win. The 2nd leg just makes me want to cry - here. 2 own goals. Ah well, a fantastic season none the less.

JPT - as usual for us, no progress

League Cup - beat Stevenage and where unlucky to go out to championship Hull after extra time

FA Cup - our first run in this cup :) needed replays to get past Cov and Wimbledon but a great result away to Championship side Burnley before te money spinner of a trip to Newcastle. We gave them a decent game as well.

Transfers 1 and 2 - not too many in (mainly as my board gave me the same wage budget as I had in League Two) but quite a few out, mainly out on loan.

Squad - not sure how we did so well, but am on the look out for a new keeper, full backs and centre backs :D

Finances - really boosted by the near £1m gained from the Newcastle game

Key Players Overview

Caio Owen - Welsh RB was great going forward but suspect at time going back

Martyn Brown - 16 goals and 11 assists from the big man

Paul Parker - 23 league goals this year (33 last year) always in with a shout when he plays

Conor O'Reily - 7 goals from midfield

Johny Burn - another decent season

Career Overview

Season          League          Position          Achievements 

2014/15         TSS              12th              N/A
2015/16         TSS              1st               Champions
2016/17         TSP              3rd               promotion (via play offs)
2017/18         SL2              20th              N/A
2018/19         SL2              3rd               auto promotion
2019/20         SL1              6th               N/A

You know it's just not your season when this isn't given as offside...

DerbyvKingsLynn_PitchFull_zpsdd3447bd.png

(This is just BEFORE Aitken actually passes forward, by that time TWO players were at least 3-4 yards offside.)

Couldnt make it Work with Lewes unfortunaly :-(

So simming to start over with a new team.

How do you Guys get the correct logos for the lower League Clubs?

Just had a board takeover by a consortium. Pumped £45m into the club, gave me an extra £22m to spend on transfers and then invested £14m into the youth and training facilities!!

160px-Stocksbridge_Park_Steels_F.C._logo.png

Stocksbridge Park Steels

Half of the season has passed now and the pre season relegation candidates are somehow in a fight for a playoff place rather than a relegation dogfight. This fantastic run of form sees us just outside the playoff areas in 6th place with 35 points, level with 5th place but just missing out on goal difference and a massive 17 points clear of the relegation zone. The entire team have played marvelously and we are getting results from all sorts of team with only title leaders Gateshead, fellow playoff contenders AFC Telford and Altrincham giving us much trouble. Our away form is slightly better than our home form with the team picking up the two draws and three defeats all at home.

We have made fantastic progress in the FA cup as we reached the second round of the competition after beating Stourbridge 2-1, Colwyn Bay 4-0 and Havant and Waterlooville 1-0 respectively. However this run came to an end with a 2-0 defeat away to Chesterfield.

League Table

End of Season report to come sometime tomorrow :)

Just had a board takeover by a consortium. Pumped £45m into the club, gave me an extra £22m to spend on transfers and then invested £14m into the youth and training facilities!!

Great news, would love that!!!

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2022/23 - The Championship

League position: 11th (Position chart)

Media prediction: 12th

More of a struggle than last season, despite the signings made. A really poor run of mid-season form put an end to any playoff hopes, but we improved towards the end which gives me some hope for next year. The signing of Ozil seemed to give us a bit of a boost, even though he's and uncharacteristic signing for me, being old, not particularly well suited to my team, and he's costing a fair bit. Never play drunk, kids...

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players:

Ryan Neil - One half of our all youth product strike-force keeps going strong. Despite a tricky season with injuries and under-performing teammates he bagged 23 goals, taking his career league tally to 130 in 233 games.

Barry George Bowen - Quality centre-back who has been rewarded by becoming a regular Welsh international, even playing in the 2022 World cup. Fortunately the interest in him seems to have died down a bit, so I can keep hold of him.

Ian Dorey - The Lynn legend and apple of my eye had his toughest season yet, but still had 15 goals (surprisingly one more than last year) and 7 assists. He now has 398 career league appearances for King's Lynn at just 24. A true legend who will never be dropped!

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners
2016/17           Skrill Premier                 2nd                Playoff winners
2017/18           League 2                       10th               FA Cup 3rd round
2018/19           League 2                       3rd                Automatic promotion
2019/20           League 1                       8th        
2020/21           League 1                       4th                Playoff winners, JPT winners, FA Cup 5th round replay 
2021/22           Championship                   9th
2022/23           Championship                   11th

Couldnt make it Work with Lewes unfortunaly :-(

So simming to start over with a new team.

How do you Guys get the correct logos for the lower League Clubs?

I use the metallic logos. Give it a google and find the link. Its a massive pack over at sortitoutsi

Ugh I hate work permits. PLaying FM for years and still no idea how the system works ;(

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Premier League - 2032/33

This was a tough season for us. For the first time we found teams sitting back against us and parking the bus so we had to tweak our tactics to counter this and this with the added fixture congestion of playing in the Champions League for the first time really impacted on the first half of the season. We started poorly with just 1 point from our opening 3 games and we never really found our form in the league until the midway point. By this point we were so far behind the European places I was just hopefuly of a solid top 10 finish. We did threaten the top 4 on occasions but then we would lose a match we simply should not have lost. This season would have probably been worse if not for a consortium taking over in January and pumping £45m into the bank, £14m into facilities and giving me 322m to spend on new players along with an extra £900k p/w in wages. I adjusted the budgets and spent £33m on 2 new midfielders and a new left bank to help the squad. They fit in well and gave us a final push into the European places. In the end we only just missed out on the Champions League but fair play to Reading and Hull who kept there nerve and finished above us.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

Domestic Cups - League cup saw us getting knocked out to Chelsea in the quarters and then in the FA Cup Arsenal comfortably beat us 2-0 in the 4th round. I really want to win a cup!!.

European Competition - We were handed a tough tie with Marseille in the qualifing round but we got past them with ease 6-2 before being put into the toughest group possible with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Ajax. We lost our first 2 games to Milan and Madrid before picking up 4 points from Ajax. We managed a stunning 4-3 win at the San Siro before somehow beating Madrid 2-0 at home on the final matchday to secure a unlikelt top spot. Into the 2nd round we faced Porto who were awful. In the away leg we won 5-1 and then finished them off at home 3-0 for a easy passage to the quarters where we had to face PSG. We had our chances in both legs against them but lost 1-0 Away in the first leg before a good 1-1 draw at home saw us go out 2-1. Good first campaign as I never expected to get out of the group!

Squad - Had a decent summer with 3 new midfielders and a 6'7 striker coming into the club with the money we gained from selling Leonel Parodi to Dortmund for £23m. He wanted to leave and had 2 years left under contract so I decided to cash in. When the new chairman gave me money to spend in January I jumped at the chance to improve weakened areas. I bought 2 more midfielders due to injuries and squad rotation including breaking my record transfer with a £11m signing. I then broke my transfer record again with a £14m left back from AC Milan. I will need to improve my goalkeeper and centre backs over the summer.

Finances- £21m in the bank and a £3m profit. I did spent over £50m on transfers this season!

Key Player Profiles:

Emmet Feehily- 32 goals in 43 with 15 assists. Fantastic return.

Nicolae Neagu - The 6'7 beast upfront. Scored 27 goals with 22 assists despite having a month off early in the season for home sickness.

Pol Ricarte - £6m signing to replace Parodi. Was having a fine season until he broke his leg and missed the final 6 months.

Mourad Dahleb- The captain. Another fine season with 18 assists. Retired from international football to prolong his club career!

I am happy we will be back in Europe next season and I think we will be better equipped to deal with it next season. My big aim now is to get a new stadium as it has been 20 years since Bearwood Park was built. Hopefully we will get one in the not to distant future.

Career Overview

2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round
2022/23         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Champions & FA Cup 5th round    
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, JPT Winners & FA Cup Semi Final
2031/32         Premier League              4th               Champions League Qualification
2032/33         Premier League              6th               New Chairman and CL Quarter Finalists

Finally, it's 2020 and I've got Truro in to league 2!!! Also in the close season I managed to sign a player who my coaches think will be premier league quality in the future as well as a couple players with the ability to reach a championship level. Things are looking up for City. Full picture update coming later

Haha class i signed an aging Samir Nasri for my League 2 Blyth Spartans. Got player of the season :)

I've got Ozil in my Lynn side (see the recent update). Scored a belter on his debut and seemed to boost morale, but I'm paying him way too much. Shouldn't have signed him after a few beers.

Ugh I hate work permits. PLaying FM for years and still no idea how the system works ;(

I'm really struggling with this too. For some bizarre reason Jamaica is producing a bunch of great young prospects, most of which are regular internationals, but I can't get a work permit for them.

Excellent first season in Europe Hypanimz. You're doing great.

Thanks. Need to get back into the Champions League now. I've pushed the boat out this season spending £25m on a new centre back.

Thanks. Need to get back into the Champions League now. I've pushed the boat out this season spending £25 on a new centre back.

Wow! I couldn't get players for that much, even in Skrill North! :p

Wow! I couldn't get players for that much, even in Skrill North! :p

Haha. Missed the million on the end :o

Thought I'd do a bit of a mid-season update for my Maidstone save. I'm 23 league games into the season, so why not?

Currently top of League 2, in a season where I thought I'd be in a relegation battle. Turns out my new striker Souleymaine Coulibaly and my best striker from last year Matthew Reece think otherwise. They're scoring loads, and Reece in particular has been great at setting up goals as well as scoring them.

2013-12-29_00001.jpg

We're through to the FA Cup 3rd round, and play Chesterfield next. I expect us to beat them.

2013-12-29_00002.jpg

We've somehow battled our way to the JPT South Final, where we'll face Charlton. It's been a great cup run, but I can't see us beating a team as good as Charlton.

2013-12-29_00003.jpg

Our Capital One Cup season will be one to forget. We beat MK Dons in the first round, but Hull knocked us out in extra time.

2013-12-29_00004.jpg

Half year update- Canvey Island- Aaron Jones- 2014/2015

hvxd3o.png

"they say bad things come in threes.... well after the last two we should be bricking it then "

Aaron Jones- Christmas Party 2014

Canvey island have exceeded all expectations thus far and continued their late preseason form going unbeaten and winning 7 of their first 9 skrill south games whilst also advancing through the second qualifying round of the fa cup. Top of the league and beginning to open a gap things could not last and a shock 1-0 defeat to minnows harrow in the 3rd qualifying round derailed the squad slightly, 2 draws and a loss allowing ebsfleet to close the gap.

A well timed team meeting restored morale and the group went on to win there next 7 keeping them top by a point and taking them to the first round of the fa trophy

once again it was a defeat, though not so shocking that derailed the group. Ebbsfleet came to town and annihilated us, controlling the match with a 2-0 victory that took them top and shattered confidence. A draw away at bath in the second round of the fa trophy 2-2 caused a replay but a hard run and an awful drought on all three of my strikers came down upon us. 3 losses in a row with one goal in our last 4 caused a review with attacking training seeming to restore our goalscorers to form.

It was their that I went hunting for new blood to revitalise my midfield and found it in the form of talented fabio saravia recently released from northampton. A creative playmaker at age 21 with buckets of potential that has added an element of creativity to my midfield three we previously lacked.

coming off the bench at 2-0 he worked with my other young gem sofronius nikolaou who at 18 has smashed in 15 goals on the year to earn us a 2-2 draw with woking. Nikolaou saved us with a 92nd minute strike.

Looking at the state though saravia has been far from impressive no goals and no assists through three games but there is no doubt in my mind the team plays better when he is on the pitch and he adds an extra element with his free kicks and corners.

A win at eastbourne 3-2 was followed by 4 wins on the bounce however our dissapointing defending has lead to defence being the major focus a recent 0-0 draw at boreham wood after 2-0 wins over staines and gloucester (the relegation certs)

Last result was a 0-0 draw with boreham wood and out of both cups we currently sit 2nd in the league though we are well behind the leaders ebbsfleet 7 points behind and they have a game in hand. That being said we are 6 points above our nearest competitor.

Though I want promotion to the skrill premier, I don't feel my squad could handle the change very well and i worry it would be an up and straight back down job especially as my chairman seems very unwilling to put a hand in his pocket

Domestic position- second well off the pace for first so looks like I will be in a playoff fight if we can keep our form going

Fa cup- knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round

Fa trophy- knocked out in a replay in the 2nd round

squad- right now I'm very happy with my back four my midfield and my strikers however I am worried about my wingers. I like to play a counter style that gets the ball out wide and encourages the wingers to run at their man. My wingers are not strong enough for this and too often get tackled or make a bad pass which slows the whole attack down. I can't currently find any upgrades for free transfer and so am holding off for the offseason before upgrading. Couple of good youth players that i may look to develop

youth team- though i don't manage them I always ensure we have a solid youth set up and i have signed a few talented young players on non contracts to bolster the squad. They are currently on course to win their youth league which is positive and an upgrade to my youth coaching is my big project for next season

Contract- was renewed during my second bad patch

Finances- weak and feeble, currently making a loss of 42k which is not great and with no cup run really don't have a way of making extra money. Haven't purchased any players however need to have a pruning of my team in june to try and ensure cut out the dead wood and keep the wage budget low

All together a positive start and though we have a good chance of promotion I am quite happy if we end up staying in the skrill south to consolidate, improve the team and youth set up and make a push to win it next year.

Will post an end of season update when i get their

Just realised I have a league match on 26th December, followed by another league match on 27th December! This is after having an 8 day break between matches... That makes absolutely no sense.

WealdstoneCrest1.gif

2014/15

Table |Squad |Transfers

FA Cup - 2nd Q-Rd replay

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

Restarted as wealdstone (Profile), and was reasonably comfortable playing a 4-3-2-1, didn't really score enough goals or create chances especially when morale dipped. Lost to bottom of the league Concord rangers in the FA cup, they went on am 11 games winning run after!

Lost to skrill prem Hereford in the FA trophy, finances have dipped to 80K in the red and are looking to take a sharp downturn with a new stadium. It didn't appear to be needed as the attendance was just 25% of the existing ground.

The squad were all at a good standard without any great players, Jones has championship potential and is rated at skrill prem level by the end of the year. Star player was Kinsella playing at AMC.

160px-Stocksbridge_Park_Steels_F.C._logo.png

2014-15 End of Season Report

Stocksbridge Park Steels

This season was a very surprising season to say the least. My media prediction was 21st and I was expecting to be the first to be relegated but we was fantastic for the majority of the season. Since the mid season report we went on a bad slump in January collecting just 4 points in 6 matches before returning to good performances and good results at the start of February. (although I have to say that we weren't as good after January compared to what we was before the start of the month.) A bad January meant we had to catch 7 points up if we wanted to sneak into the playoffs (where the team were at mid season) We did catch up on the playoffs and we were 6th 2 points behind Stockport in 5th with one game to go. We had to host Alfreton who were in the playoffs whereas Stockport had to travel to Gainsborough. We was fantastic against Alfreton and we beat them 5-2 with the new defender Craig James scoring twice, striker Neville Thompson scoring twice and Alec Denton scoring the other. We was 5th throughout that game until Stockport scored in the 90+3rd minute to send them into the playoffs and us just lingering behind them in 6th.

My Reaction?

Gutted!!!

League Table (Past Positions)

Transfers

Cups

We did well in the FA cup getting to the second round before being knocked out 2-0 away to Chesterfield. We knocked out Marine, Stourbridge, Colwyn Bay and Havant and Waterlooville which all helped out finances a little bit with all the prize money coming through. However I do believe the draws were generous to us in the FA cup which is the reason we got to the second round and not knocked out earlier. our performance in the FA trophy was not good as we got knocked out in the third qualifying round 3-1 at home in a reply after extra time to Gainsborough.

Key Players

Alec Denton - He was a fantastic striker throughout the year and the later we came through the season the better he seemed to be. He was on track at the half way point to finish just under 30 goals in the league but a 6 week injury prevented him from doing this as he scored just 23 and 26 in all competitions being the second highest scorer in the league this season.

Neville Thompson - This striker only started impressing in the second half of the season and there was a point when I was pretty close to dropping him from the team until he started scoring goals like no ones business. Unlike Denton who mainly scored 1 a game Neville managed to bag in multiple goals in a single game with repeatedly scoring twice in a few games and in one game against Vauxhall managed to bag himself 4 goals to put us 5-3 winners in a stunning game. He scored 21 goals in the league and 1 in the FA cup, He was the 6th highest scorer in the league this season.

Brett Lovell - This central defender consistently put up good performances which helped us gain many clean sheets throughout the season. He was the most constant performer in the defence being rated 7.04 on average throughout the season.

Aims for next season

If this season wasn't a fluke I think the playoffs has to be our target next season having just missed out this season. Usually my only aim is to improve upon the previous season but we can't get any better and still miss out on the playoffs like we did this season. Hopefully it won't go to the last day like it did this season either.

I would also like to have a good run in the cups to help improve our finances. A similar sort of performance in the FA cup would do me proud and little bit further in the FA trophy is all I really ask for next season.

I could also do with the board to improve our training facilities as not many players are making any progress in their training and every single player in the squad is complaining about it. However with our finances and our board I think there is fat chance of this happening next season.

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15         Skrill North                6th               Survival and FA cup 2nd round

WealdstoneCrest1.gif

2014/15

Table |Squad |Transfers

FA Cup - 2nd Q-Rd replay

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

Restarted as wealdstone (Profile), and was reasonably comfortable playing a 4-3-2-1, didn't really score enough goals or create chances especially when morale dipped. Lost to bottom of the league Concord rangers in the FA cup, they went on am 11 games winning run after!

Lost to skrill prem Hereford in the FA trophy, finances have dipped to 80K in the red and are looking to take a sharp downturn with a new stadium. It didn't appear to be needed as the attendance was just 25% of the existing ground.

The squad were all at a good standard without any great players, Jones has championship potential and is rated at skrill prem level by the end of the year. Star player was Kinsella playing at AMC.

Hard luck getting a new stadium so soon. What's the capacity going to be?

Just can't get any consistency! Have patches where I look like the best team in the league then will not win a game for a month. Any ideas?

Just can't get any consistency! Have patches where I look like the best team in the league then will not win a game for a month. Any ideas?

Thats what I was like. Between October and beginning of January I was really good and I could beat anyone and had a chance of making the playoffs. Then January came and my team just looked like a whipping boy. I had to change tactics a bit and changed from playing defensively away and attacking at home to defensive at home and control at away. Seemed to do the trick and started winning games again. (Although not to the extent as I was towards beginning of the season as I was still struggling at home but was performing well away from home) That bad run in January costed me a playoff place in the end unfortunately. All well there's always next season :D

Work this one out... I asked him to sort out the bad relationship between Alex Smith and himself, and this is what he said lol (squint if you can't see it).

2013-12-29_00009.jpg

Hard luck getting a new stadium so soon. What's the capacity going to be?

current is 2000, new one is 6722

2013-12-29_00001_zps15e8d4b8.jpg?t=1388349899

'Yearrrrrzzhzhhhh' is the best approximation of the noise my mouth made I made through my heavy winter cold (read man flu) when Rory McManus put away the one and only goal in the 76th min that takes Truro City into the skrill premier for the first time in their history.

It wasn't pretty, but a full update on the road to now, will turn up when I get down to writing it.

Sadly I've lost a fair bit of the data from my FM game, as I've had the joy of something wiping out the games temporary files, so all my players (in every team) have no history beyond this season, till before this saved game on FM started, so there is a massive chunk of everybody's career that has disappeared and also a a bonus they all played in Algeria in the Jupiler Pro League, which you'd think the game would notice is a Belgian league, but oh well!

Thought I'd do a bit of a mid-season update for my Maidstone save. I'm 23 league games into the season, so why not?

Currently top of League 2, in a season where I thought I'd be in a relegation battle. Turns out my new striker Souleymaine Coulibaly .

Loved him always! Been class on FM for me in the past...surprised he went down to league 2.

He is worth 10 million and at spartak moscow in my game :(

Work this one out... I asked him to sort out the bad relationship between Alex Smith and himself, and this is what he said lol (squint if you can't see it).

2013-12-29_00009.jpg

Tony Craig - Brentford hero :cool:

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Premier League - 2033/34

This was a brilliant season as we managed to get back into the top 4 and we also won our first major cup competitions with victories in the Capital One Cup and the Europa League. We started the season on fire winning our first 8 in a row and I was thinking we could go for the title. We stayed top until the 14th games of the season but then both of my strikers went on big dry streaks in front of goal and we started dropping points. We kept in touching distance of the league leaders until we had another slump at the end of the season. Im really pleased that we finished in 4th but I feel we threw away a lot of points and could have done better in the league. My new defensive signings from last summer really helped as we finished with the best defence in the league. I think the one thing we are missing is a world class striker. Once we can get this we will be able to challenge.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

Domestic Cups - FA Cup was a disapointment as we lost to Liverpool in round 4. The Capital One Cup was our first major bit of silverware as we won the competition for the first time. We did struggle early on as League 2 Hartlepool took us to extra time ubt after this we got 1 goal victories against Man United and Liverpool befoe facing Reading in the semi finals. A 5-2 victory in the first leg put us in a great position. We lost the 2nd leg 2-1 but went through in the end to face Newcastle in the final. The final was a tense affair where we were 2-1 up going into injury time until Emmet Feehily conceded a penalty to make it 2-2 and it went to extra time. In extra time Feehily made up for his error scoring a free kick to get his hat trick and we held on to win 3-2.

European Competition - This was the first time I have ever won the Europa League. We had a straight forward group which we topped easily. The knockouts were fairly straight forward with a 4-1 victory in the 1st knockout before our toughest round which was Reading. We won the away leg 2-0 and I thought we would be fine. We held on in the second leg and lost 1-0 to scrape through 2-1. The semi final should have been easier. Vitesse had a player sent off in the 2nd minute but we could only manage a 4-3 victory before finishing them off 3-0 in the return leg to set up a final against Metalist who had knocked out Arsenal earlier in the competition. They didnt manage a single shot on target and we had a comfortable 2-0 victory to confirm our second piece of silverware.

Squad - Not the largest squad with not a lot of depth. All of the players I have are pretty decent so I can swap and change a lot. My new defenders were fantastic. £32m well spent last summer on the 2 new recruits. I also sold Alberti to AC Milan for £25m and Tarres to West Ham for £14m. Allowed me to invest in some good new talent. Just need to keep my strikers scoring and then we can challenge.

Finances- £1.8m in the bank mainly due to improving the finances. Looking forward to Champions League revenue next season which will help out nicely.

Edit: The Chairman has just loaned the club £19m and our new sponsored have got me another £7.5m compared to £2.5m so I am now up to £27m in the bank :cool:

Key Player Profiles:

Jose Angel Junquera- £25m well spent. World Class defender. Made a massive difference.

Cesar Campora- My other new centre back. Only cost £7m. Formed a great partnership at the back.

Pol Ricarte - Injury free season and 18 assists to show for it. Great player.

Mourad Dahleb- Player of the season with 26 assists! Brilliant season.

Great to be back in the champions league and to win our first 2 major pieces of silverware. Still no news on the new stadium. Cant be too far away now!

Career Overview

2032/33         Premier League              6th               New Chairman and CL Quarter Finalists
2033/34         Premier League              4th               Capital One Cup & Europa League Winners

Hypanimz - looks like you are making really solid progress, you must have a strong squad that a £27 million player is only 4 stars, also what skin are you using?

Hypanimz - looks like you are making really solid progress, you must have a strong squad that a £27 million player is only 4 stars, what will it take to challenge to the end of the season. also what skin are you using?

Yeah I have a pretty decent squad just need more consistency. My best striker is currently rated at £32m who is currently my highest valued player. I have just broken my transfer record for a new striker who can hopefully help us challenge for the title. I think I am just a few players away from winning the title. Need a consistent goalscorer unlike my main strikers who I used last season and probably another creative midfielder!

The skin I am using is OPZ Elite. I will be changing to Steklo when that gets released though!

Hi all. I don't really know how this thread stuff works so I've set up a Twitter page @FCUnitedFM14 where I'm going to post everything to do with this challenge.

I will be changing to Steklo when that gets released though!

Think i've used steklo for years but since it may be a while i was looking for another in the meantime.

Think i've used steklo for years but since it may be a while i was looking for another in the meantime.

OPZ Elite is a good skin, but there's a few little niggles with it. Sometimes the back button changes to a different style, and although it doesn't effect anything it still doesn't look nice when it happens (Not sure whether it's the skin, or FM). In the tactics screen, the goalkeepers name and stamina don't show at the bottom.

I've lost my save due to a failed hard drive and the Cloud Saves messing up. I have a backup save with Whitby but I've lost 3 years on it, taking us back into the Championship. Going back to square one unless the save miraculously reappears.

I've lost my save due to a failed hard drive and the Cloud Saves messing up. I have a backup save with Whitby but I've lost 3 years on it, taking us back into the Championship. Going back to square one unless the save miraculously reappears.

Ah man, that's really hard luck. Sorry to hear that.