dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dulwich Hamlet Season 2017/18 Npower League 2

League 2 - a tough season was spent all season in a relegation battle, we looked like we might be OK until a horrible game at home to Chesterfield where we were leading 2-0 with 15 ins to go and a 95th min pen killed us. Morale was rock bottom after a 3-1 loss away to relegation rivals AFC Wimbledon sent us bottom 4 points adrift of safety with 5 games to go. A change in formation back to what got us promoted saw us win our last 4 games and stay up.

League Cup - won a cup game! Then were hammered by QPR

JPT - out in first round

FA Cup - made the first round, still lost our only game

Squad 1 2

Key Players

Wes Fletcher - came in to the club in Jan and 13 goals in 20 games are what kept us up

Ryan James - Captain may have reached the end of the road with us.

Kasheme Walton - missed 4 months with injury but came back to be a useful back up to Fletcher

Caio Owen - another Jan singing, the right back offered as much in attack as he did in defence.

Matt Drage - CB played well but he's another who I think has come to the end of the road with us.

Career Overview

Season          League          Position          Achievements 

2014/15         TSS              12th              N/A
2015/16         TSS              1st               Champions
2016/17         TSP              3rd               promotion (via play offs)
2017/18         NL2              20th              N/A

Won our last 4 games to stay up :cool:

Full season review later - think I'm happier with this season then any promotion season :D

Congrats on hanging in there! I can echo the sentiments about staying up --- my first season came down to the last match of the season :)

Well done surviving your first season on League 2. Fingers crossed you can push for promotion next season.

Cheers, I've raided the Irish market for loads of free transfers this summer so have a better squad so fingers crossed.

Congrats on hanging in there! I can echo the sentiments about staying up --- my first season came down to the last match of the season :)

Yeah, I needed a win on the last day vs the 1st place to be sure of staying up, won 4-0 in our best performance of the season :cool:

u6r9.png

Because Sundays are for Sunday League!

League Table

Not a great start, i'd been left with about 4 players in my team that weren't kids, and only 2 worth being near the first team, so i spent all summer trying to build a team. It showed for the first 1/4 of the season as one minute we were winning 4-0 games away from home, the next we got smashed 4-0 at home :D (not helped by me trying to play 4-2-3-1 in the lower leagues :D) eventually a change to 4-1-2-2-1 did the trick and we suddenly rocketed up the league, and had a good chance of actually winning the league till the small squad took knocks. we started losing game we should have won and had to fight just for the play offs. Still we survived, our players healed, and AFC Hornchurch are now a Skrill Premier side.

Cups - We made it to the 1st round of the FA cup, which delighted me, by the time it was over we were 100k in the plus. FA trophy didn't turn out so well.

Squad - the rag tags that did he job. only about 6 players didn't see regular football

Finances - We were in a ok position, then the board decided that even with us barely filling half our stadium, they'd add an extra 1000 seats too it. We've also had 5 failed takeover bids

Key Players

Alfred Bosch - A rock at the back when i needed it after starting off with such a leaky defence. The leaks started to appear again in the 2 weeks he was injured.

Ryan Moss - when he played, he usually scored, and if he didn't score, he helped score. Credited for firing us into the playoffs and winning it for us.

Ryan Semple - If Ross was the one scoring all the goals, Ryan was the one setting him up. Scored a fair few himself too

Aims For Next Season

Survive!

Get some cash into the team

hopefully find out who my boss is once and for all

2014/15         TSS              5th              Playoffs (Promotion)

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Premier League - 2027/28

We had a very good second season in the Premier League. At one point we were sat in 6th place but then we had a terrible slump at the end of the season which came at the same time of the new patch. Im not sure if it was the patch that caused the downturn in form or if we did just have a terrible run as we only won 3 of our last 13 league games. I am going to have a play around with some new ideas in the pre season so I can see if it is the patch. The best thing this season was we finally managed to beat one of the big teams. We managed to steal a 1-0 win at home to Chelsea. Man Utd and Arsenal are just in a completely different league and I will not be catching them for a extremely long time. Hopefully I can work out what went wrong in the run in and improve on this for next season.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

Cups - I wanted a FA Cup run but we struggled with replays with Birmingham and League 2 Yeovil who took us all the way to penalties. Eventually West Brom dropped us out 2-0. League Cup we also got knocked out to West Brom but this time 5-1.

Squad - Decent squad but needs work. I will be investing in a new defensive midfielder and a new goalkeeper this summer.

Finances- £13.54m loss due to £22m spent on players last summer.

Key Player Profiles:

Mourad Dahleb - Spent £5.5 on this central midfielder. 9 goals and 11 assists. Money well spent

Mads Damsted- Bought him 18 months ago for £250k in January but broke his leg so didnt play until this season.

Branislav Petrovic- Right winger. only cost £500k. Great first season.

Tonci Jurjevic - Bargain at £4m for this left winger. Top scorer with 14 also had 7 assists.

Good solid season. Hopefully can consolidate mid table next season.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                9th 
2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2017/18         Skrill Premier              17th              Survival
2018/19         Skrill Premier              18th              Survival
2019/20         Skrill Premier              16th              FA Cup 3rd round. 
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round
2021/22         Sky Bet League 2            9th   
2022/23         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Champions & FA Cup 5th round    
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, JPT Winners & FA Cup Semi Final
2024/25         Sky Bet Championship        12th      
2025/26         Sky Bet Championship        4th               Promoted 
2026/27         Premier League              14th              Survival
2027/28         Premier League              13th

After being sacked by Cambridge City - I managed to get a job at Bedford, now with 7 games to go I'm one point above the drop zone.

Is Tom Collins with the team in your save? He's been an absolute monster in my save, (despite his lackluster attributes). Just got his 100th career senior goal in my last match (scoring 2 in a 4-0 shutout of Brackley).

Anyhoo, good luck with the Eagles!

Things are getting interesting in the Olde Skrill Northe! I just beat Braintree to set up the table for a down-to-the-wire finish (well, as down to the wire you as you can get with 8 matches left, LoL). Braintree dropped from 4th to 7th... my win puts me two points out of the playoff zone...but there are likely 6 teams competing for the bottom 3 playoff spots. I've go to play two of them yet I think.

Scratch that...my final three games are Woking, Bromley, and Eastleigh (next match is now top of table Sutton, then four winnable matches in Lewes, Basingstonke, Staines, and Boreham wood). Those final three matches are likely to be pivotal...if I can manage wins against two of them, I'm likely in. If I run the four easy games and a couple of them drop points, I'm likely in. However it plays out, it's going to be a close run to the end.

PS...After beating Braintree, Manager Clint Hill promptly got the sack. That's the second time this season that that particular news item was top of my news box after exiting the match screen!

edit: My match winner was a goal off of a corner kick parried by the goalkeeper which fell to one of my MCs....2:10 or so into second half stoppage time. Nice to see that work for me every now and then :)

Collins also grabbed another goal, keeping him on top of the league board for goals and MoM (22 league goals, ahead of next competitor by two).

Well its December in season six and we are in the bottom half of the Skrill North. A good cup run has detracted from what has been a poor league season and just when it looked like we might turn it around, we threw away a 2-0 lead away to 2nd place Southport in the last 15 mins to lose 3-2.

I think i'll step away from this save for a while. Maybe try something with a bit of cash and try to get some enjoyment back. Good luck to everyone still going!

Barwell

Season 2017/18

Overview

In the summer we decided to overhaul the squad almost entirely, as the one from the previous season just wasn’t upto scratch at all.

Some experienced players were added in key positions so we ended up

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/Table_zps455ef7be.png

Promoted into the Football League, yippee

The squad that did it

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/Squad_zps384d7581.png

The Transfers

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/Transfers_zpsd5230add.png

FA Trophy

This was something that in all honesty I was never that interested in, it doesn’t really help finances or benefit the club much

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/FATrophy_zps53994c2c.png

FA Cup

We are interested in this completion and want to do well as it certainly helps our reputation and bank balance, but sadly here was one year where we fell short, coming up against a much stronger opposition early

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/FACup_zpsa97e2727.png

Objectives for next season

Try and build the squad up to a league standard and finish in a reasonable position.

Had the surprise of a very creditable draw against first placed Sutton (at their ground too) to keep me in the running. Next match, I'm up 2-0 against 12th placed Boreham Wood (with Collins grabbing another goal), while 21st placed Brackley is doing me the huge favor of demolishing Bath 3-0 at the half, putting me up in 7th. With Eastleigh also losing, that puts me level with them on points at 59, while Braintree Currently has the last playoff spot on 61 points (currently in a 1-1 draw vs 2nd placed H&Y.

Eastleigh pulled back to a draw in the 75th minute putting them one point up on me. Bath also pulled one back in the 64th minute, but still trail 3-1. Just noticed that Woking and Braintree both on 61 points, occupying 4th and 5th placed. Close race....but still 6 to go after this match ends. With me playing a couple of those teams as my last three...it's going to be interesting. I should have momentum going (+morale) due to a decent run (6 undefeated if current result holds)...I'm smelling my first playoffs of the challenge.

Collins just grabbed a 2nd goal of the match, should seal the game at 3-0...that puts him on...25? for the season. Been the rock of my attack force since I started him as a 16yo in the first season.

With the latest batch of results in, there are maybe 5 teams in contention for the last two playoff spots (granted, the first two playoff spots could ultimately change hands too, but I'm guessing that H&Y and Bromley will hang onto their spots. The last two should come down to Woking (61), Braintree (61), Eastleigh (59), Bedford (59), and Bath (54) points respectively. At the moment, my form is the best of the bunch (with Bromley close behind). I've got three easy matches left before my final 3 which will see me against some of these contenders. With just a little luck I should make it this year.

On a side note, Collin's two goals keeps him 2 ahead of the next contender...so he needs to keep up the pressure. Might have a contender for PoY and top goalscorer both. Funny enough, Collins hasn't even been shortlisted for PoY in his career, despite being relatively high on the leaderboards in all but one season. This might be his year.

Barwell Season 2018/19

Overview

A very inconsistent start to the season that mainly lasted till January where we holding a position just above the relegation zone, mainly it was fault as I was playing around with tactics and my failure to find a goalscorer and a top keeper were hitting me hard.

The main problem was we had many combative midfielders in the squad, but I wanted someone in the center to put there foot on it and calm the game down or just use the ball well.

In January we found him, in Shane Devereux, and he was a free, he helped and the team improved to record a 12th placed position.

Table

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/Table_zps795e1c66.png

My Transfers

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/Transfers_zps363dedc5.png

My main expense here is the £80k spent on McGee, who did not play much that season

Squad

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/Squad_zps64b4a353.png~original

Cup Completions

JPT

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/JPT_zpsfb5b3b63.png~original this a competition i hate and find a total waste of time, so I play kids and backups.

League Cup

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/LeagueCup_zpsf1644be8.png~original tried to take it seriously, but just fell short of an upset

FA Cup

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/FACup_zps6b8f5283.png~original another run to the 3rd Round, so pleased with that, put out easily but made some money and can see progress is being made.

Finances

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/jezmaguire2708/Finances_zps2ca0eaae.png~original, Very healthy I think, especially for league two

My Team of the Year

GK – Daley

RB – Burrows

LB- Federenko

CB – McDonald

CB – Smith

CM- Rose

CM – Lloyd

CM- Devereux

AML – Conchie

AMR – Etuhu

St- Butterworth

Plan for next season

Need a new striker and a goalkeeper, hope Devereux does what I bought him for and the £80k McGee can be the holding man I need so others can do what they do best, also a bit more creativity wide wouldn’t go amiss, also someone at the back with a bit of a dirty side would help at times, as we can be too soft

Is Tom Collins with the team in your save? He's been an absolute monster in my save, (despite his lackluster attributes). Just got his 100th career senior goal in my last match (scoring 2 in a 4-0 shutout of Brackley).

Anyhoo, good luck with the Eagles!

I took them over in 18/19

AFC Fylde – League One 2010/21 – Season 7

So after gaining promotion with our customary second season playoff win the expectations were yet again to survive and in a surprising move the board were actually willing to give me some resources to do it this season, with the media predicting we'd just about stay up with a 20th place finish, though the bookies didn't give us a chance.

Transfers - Quality over quantity this season as I brought in some quality players to reinforce the side, saleswise Crouch retired and I also sold midfielder Wilson to TSP side Salisbury for a club record £16K - I did feel sorry for selling him until I noticed Salisbury were paying him £3.5K p/w (!!!) which twice what I can pay my best players, it looks like they had a tycoon takeover last season and are splashing the cash as they spent £5m on wages last season which is more than all the League 1 and 2 sides bar Leeds. Whilst new signing Rogers who was released by Man Utd seems to be a bit of a bad apple with the fans taking an instant dislike to him as he's apparently a troublemaker.

League Cup - We finally won our first League Cup game as we smashed local rivals Blackpool 3-0 in the first round, before narrowly losing to a strong Watford side in the Second Round. It also seems the League Cup isn't much of a money maker as despite drawing two big Championship sides our ground was still half empty.

Paint Trophy - Went horribly wrong as we somehow went out on pens to League Two strugglers Rochdale.

FA Cup - Didn't go much better as we needed a last minute goal to beat TSS side Dorchester before being taken apart by Chesterfield in the Second Round.

League One - Excellent season as we somehow manage to finish in the play-offs, we didn't get off to the best start losing four of our first eight games but with my team starting to gel we had an eight game unbeaten run through October and November to give us some breathing space from the relegation spaces and with a tight league put us within touching distance of the playoffs though a poor December as we lost three, drew three saw us drop away again, the main problem being we were struggling to score and were giving away silly goals as we just couldn't defend setpieces conceeding at least 18 goals this season from set-pieces (10 corners, 17 IFKs and 1 DFK) whilst only scoring 11 ourselves. However in the new year our form picked up as by accident I got my strikers to click - I normally have my Support Striker in the STCR position and my main Striker in the STCL position however at the moment my Main Striker Guthrie is right footed and my Support Strikers are both left footed putting them on the wrong side, so first I switched them around making the STCR position my main striker and the STCL position my support however that didn't work but as another experiment I deployed Guthrie in the support role even though on paper he wasn't suited for the role however he excelled in it grabbing 18 goals in the last 21 games aswell as linking up play as slowly climbed up the table, though it wasn't until our 40th game that we were finally safe from relegation while sat outside of the playoffs on goal difference, and just to show how dominating Ipswich lead by John Terry were they secured the title at the same time. Then with a game to go we secured a playoff place with a win over Luton thanks to a hardworking goal from Guthrie - we cleared a corner and Guthrie raced after the loose ball with a Luton player who got there first, however Guthrie tackled him and chased after the ball before smashing a shot into the top corner.

In the Playoffs we were drawn against Crawley who we'd drawn to in both games so far this season so I was expecting a close game however we had a major handicap as Striker Guthrie would miss the playoffs after being injured in the last league game and in a bold move I played promising French Midfielder Christian Kieffer in the Support Striker role and it worked as we claimed a comfortable 3-1 win - Midfielder Pilkington opened the scoring with a freak goal - Kieffer played a defence splitting through ball that both Pilkington and Akar along with a Crawley defender raced onto whilst the Crawley Keeper raced out of his goal, the Keeper just about got there first and with a panicky clearance hit the ball at Pilkington which bounced back into a now empty goal :) Akar then made it two with another sloppy goal, the ball was crossed in from the right and the same Crawley defender from before tried to clear the ball but ended up hitting it against his own player with Akar the first to react to the now loose ball sweeping it home. Finally before the half-hour mark we made it free as Mutombo scored from the spot after Defender Coddingtown was bundled over in the area, annoyingly in the second half we switched off and let Crawley back into the tie with soft penalty and to add to my injury woes they also injured Kieffer that would rule him out for the rest of the playoffs.

In the Second Leg we dominated the game with Flinders opening the scoring early with a cheeky long range lob and whilst Crawley pulled a goal back before half-time we were never in trouble and after they were reduced to 10men midfielder Livermore grabbed only his second goal of the season on the hour after being released by Flinders, whilst Crawley continued to add to my injury woes by taking out Left Back Hecker who would also miss the final.

In the Playoff Final we'd face Rotherham who'd thrashed Leeds 7-2 in the other Semi-Final and more worryingly had beaten us 5-2 and 2-0 in our league meetings this season, we were also down to the barebones with LB Hecker, MC Kieffer and Strikers Guthrie and Greenwood all out injured leaving me with no attacking players on the bench.

The Final was a nervy affair as neither of us were able to fashion many good chances however it was loanee Reckey Pilkington who proved to be the hero just like last season as he again opened the scoring - Lallana rolled back the years as he chased a lost cause but somehow got to the ball first and stopped it on the line from going out and knocked the ball back to an unmarked Pilkington on the edge of the area who took a touch and then fired a rock into the top corner, we then made sure of the result in the last minute as left back Edwards got free down the left and wipped in a cross that a Rotherham defender could only bundle into his own goal and somehow we'd won promotion to the Championship :cool:

Though it did end our run of winning the Playoffs in the Second Season.

Squad and Overview

Irishman Padraig Boggan continued in goal and had an impressive season keeping 17 clean sheets in 49 games which was the second best in the league, though he did conceed 57 goals in the other 32 games - which is fairly typical for my sides we either keep a clean sheet or conceed several, he's also started to attract attention from Premier League sides with both Norwich and Wigan having a scout of him.

In defence Curtis Hall had another solid season down the right whilst Paul Hecker had his best season yet down the left but I'm not sure if he's good enough for the Championship though he was named in the League One Team of the Year. Providing cover was Welshman Les Hughes who has been retrained into a left back though he does play better down the right.

In the Centre of Defence I brought in two new players highly rated Bermudan Keithlyn Coddingtown arrived on a free after turning 18 and had an excellent season and is already rated as a Premier League standard player :cool: however I have no idea how long I'll be able to keep hold of him the game spent the last six months hinting that he may want to move to a bigger club however he was pleased at our promotion praising me and now lists me as his favourite person (hopefully this actually means something good in this version as in previous versions being liked was the first step to a player demanding a move, this version seems to be referencing players liking for me quite a lot so hopefully it improves there happiness at the club rather than just being part of the revamped news system). He also became the first player to get an England Call-up, albeit only the U19's and he didn't play. Partnering him was another new signing Croatian Vlado Kramaric who arrived on a free after being released by Lokomotiva in his own country and formed an excellent partnership with Coddingtown.

In Midfield David Mutombo continued in the no-nonsense DM role and whilst he's not that good he sits in the position better than my other players who wander off.

In the Playmaker role was Adam Lallana who was picked up on a free after returning from playing for Seattle in the US and he proved to be the creative outlet of the side though I'm not sure how he failed to score all season, provding cover was the highly rated Frenchman Christian Kieffer who was in good form and is developing nicely.

Supporting them were two loanee's Miguel Livermore was loaned from Fulham and had a solid season impressing enough that he's agreed to join us on a free next season, I also loaned in Reckey Pilkington from Ipswich again (which shows how strong they are when they can afford to loan him out) who was solid again I wonder if they'll let me loan him again next season? Providing cover was James Bluck who did well when called upon though he won't be kept on as he wants his wages doubling next season and would prefer to give Jimmy Brightly a chance who is developing nicely.

Upfront Marc Guthrie was on fire after moving into the support role as it seems he likes the extra space afforded by droping deeper, with him smashing previous club goal records his 31 league goals smashed the 23 scored by Flinders in 17/18, whilst his overall total of 32 beat the 24 scored by Flinders back in 17/18, unfortantley he missed out on the league top scorer to Swindon's Striker by two goals. He also grabbed a record nine man of the match awards beating the eight set by Fletcher back in 16/17. Partnering him was the highley rated Turk Gurkan Akar who put in some good performances and rotated with Shaun Flinders who refound his scoring touch.

Best XI - A bit broken as Kieffer is randomly shifted to the DM position despite being the only one of the Midfielders who cannot play in that position.

Overall XI - Pilkington gets added to become only the fourth current player to make it after Guthrie, Hecker and Hall.

League One Review - No surprise we were named as the Biggest Overachievers yet again, whilst Kramaric was named signing of the season, whilst the game had a little dig at Liverpool naming them finishing 5th as the biggest overachievement :)

Finances - Thanks to the 500K from Playoff Final we made a small profit this season. Though we were forced to take out yet another bank loan due to another enforced expansion as it looks like we are converting the last of the terraces to seating on the plus side we get to use non-league Preston's 20,000 capacity Deepdale ground for half of next season which if we can partial fill should boost our finances.

Facilities - With some money in the bank our facilities were increased this season as we now have one star training facilities though our youth facilities seem to have been downgraded to Poor from Basic, however with increases to our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment our Youth Setup Category finally increases to 4 which will hopefully enable us to produce some decent academy players as the best we got this year was one one star potential player (though did get a few defenders with attempts overhead kicks PPM?)

Manager - My reputation continues to increase as it hits National and I got an interview for seemingly every job going most of them relegation strugglers however Promotion Chasing Millwall offered me an interview before Premier League Reading offered became the first Premier League side to offer me a chance.

Manager Stats - I've earned more money in wages than I've spent on players, also slightly disappointed not to have won anything so far it's also sad that I've only won two awards - both Manager of the Month awards

Reputation - We end the season with the second worst reputation in League 1 though it has increased to Regional and 1.5 stars.

Rich List - Forgot about this, but at the moment we are the 95th richest side in England.

So the Championship should be fun my average wage is £750 p/w, the League 1 average is £1.3K p/w and the Championship average is £6K p/w. My toal wage bill for this season was £1m, Ipswich's was £4.7m, the lowest in the Championship is Bolton at £5.1m and they have just been relegated to League One, whilst at the top Champions QPR spent £41m, and Blackburn who have been relegated from the Prem spent £71m (7th highest in the Prem!!!)

It also looks like my chances of keeping Coddingtown are looking slim as the cream of Europe are now sniffing around plus Southampton and Tigres :D

It's also at this point in previous versions that my chairmen have started to sell my centre-backs behind my back on me :(

Goals for next season

- Survive

- Try and keep hold of Coddingtown or at least get big money for him.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode)

Single Game: 222,720 (196,089th) - And I drop down again

Single Season: 72,604 (256,444th)

Single Season in England: 72,604 (162,119th)

Single Season League One: 72,604 (12,439th)

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  Leaderboard Points (Season/Game)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Finalists                
2015/16        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                
2016/17        Skrill Premier           13th                                                  20,675 / 27,370
2017/18        Skrill Premier           5th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                27,387 / 51,605
2018/19        League Two               18th                                                  46,936 / 98,541
2019/20        League Two               6th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                51,575 / 150,116
2020/21        League One               5th        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                72,604 / 222,720

O. M. G. After a 1-1 draw at home, I went to the play-off semi-final needing a miracle. Well, Collins and team delivered. I'm into the finals, in my only playoff appearance of my career! The clincher was a 76th minute OG (which, easily could've been credited to one of my defenders, as the ball would surely have found the net regardless). A crazy match, with 4 lead changes and a whole lot of attacking. To the finals we go! We're now feeling invincible!

Our final match is against Sutton Utd at his ground, where we drew 1-1 in the middle of that last great run of the season.

Collins, meanwhile set a new bedford record

And, I'll be managing my 200th career game, in the playoff finals. Be sweet to pick up a victory on that milestone game!

Achievement unlocked. YOU"RE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

A magnificent second half (plus extra time) hattrick by Tom Collins seals the promotion! A drab first half (with Sutton scoring in the 3rd minute) put the situation in doubt, but Collins equalized in the 65th minute after a mid-2nd half tactical change. Defender Stainsby's OG put us down 2-1 in the 78th minute, but Collins put us right back into contention with an 81st minute strike. A penalty shooutout seemed in the works, until Collins sealed his hattrick in the 117th minute against a weakened Sutton side (down a man through injury). We held on through the two minutes of stoppage time to GO UP!!!!!!!!

(and for the third time, a manager was sacked after we beat their team).

This is a good sign I've managed to get to September without losing any of my players, several strongly worded press releases seemed to scare away several Prem sides from Defender Coddingtown, though Everton put in a couple of last minute sneaky bids for my Striker Guthrie that I managed to fend off.

One thing that is proving to be rather annonying are the pitch dimensions Preston have set for the ground, they are using a wierd almost square 90mx70m pitch (as are most of the non-league sides, is this the same for everyone else as I don't remember the small pitches when I was down there?) which really hinders my style of play, which is basicaly defend in numbers and break on the counter taking advantage of the exposed space after the AI has sent men forward to attack, however it doesn't work when the pitch is nearly as wide as it is long :(

On the plus side we are making money in the Championship (even with an attendance of 4,000 which bodes well for when we move back home) largely thanks to the TV Money as on the 1st Sept (and not even including Septs money) we have earned more TV Money than we earned over the entire season last year :)

Gutted... Collins did not earn player of the season!!! :(

Instead, Bromley's Adam Walker -- 10 goals, 17 assists, 7.06 AvR took the honors. To compare,

Collins had 33 goals, 5 assists, and an AvR of 7.2 (along with 12 PoM --- 5 more than next contender).

<sigh>

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Premier League - 2028/29

Good solid season where we managed to break into the top half for the first time. We were 9th going in to the final game against Tottenham who we beat 4-1 after going 3-0 up within the first 15 minutes which allowed us to leapfrog them and finish a very respectable 8th place. Overall im happy to break into the top half and now we need to push on and hope to consolidate our position here and within a few years look to challenge for European places. I've already earmarked some potential signings for next season up front and I need to find a AMC to link it all up. With plenty of funds in the bank I should be able to improve my squad.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - No cup runs this season.

Squad - I already signed a new goalkeeper on a pre contract who will slot straight in for next season. I need to buy a new striker and a new attacking midfielder for the goals but apart from that I think this side has the makings of a solid top half team.

Finances- £37.6m balance with £20.8m profit this season.

Key Player Profiles:

Mourad Dahleb - Star midfielder. 7 goals and 4 assists in the deep lying midfield role.

Mark Magdic- Best performer this season. Solid at the back with Parmenter.

Emil Svensson - Bought him in the Championship and he never commanded a regular place until switching to a 4231 and being my only player who can play in the hole. Played very well but will have competition at the beginning of next season.

Tonci Jurjevic - Top scored again this season with 14 goals. Got more assists than last season as well.

Great season to finish in the top half.

Career Overview

2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round
2022/23         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Champions & FA Cup 5th round    
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, JPT Winners & FA Cup Semi Final
2028/29         Premier League              9th

Season 9 - More than Survival? - 2022/23

Transfers

Stamford_TransfersTransferHistory_zpsd5a3a9c4.png

Mikel Mateo is our new club captain in central midfield on a club record deal. Marcelo Serrizuela strengthens the defence immeasurably, while Carlos Reyes and Pedro Nasuti are key wingers for the new look Stamford. In January I felt we needed strengthening to make that final push, and some players were too good to miss. Vadym Ischenko was transfer listed so I couldn't say no, and Frank Idahor was also listed. They greatly strengthen the defence. Federico Rodriguez was expiring at the end of the season and thankfully my scout spotted the lad in mid December. In he comes for a total bargain. Disillusioned "the next Xavi" Xavier was listed at Barcelona, unable to get in the team thanks to some crazy Egyptian centre mid. Not something Barca would do irl, sell a young quality Spaniard, but I wasn't missing the chance. In he came.

Fixtures

So many friendlies, to try and gel the team. As you can see by the first two games of the season, it erm, didn't work! Misfiring is the best way to put it, but compared to last season it's such a huge improvement. Some nice progress in the Capital One Cup too, but none of the draws have been too testing.

Stamford_FixturesSchedule_zpsbd4e374c.png

Not doing so great in December put paid to any chance of a top half finish really, and we got dumped out in a tough game at Villa Park. Extra FA Cup games only served to extend our stunning run from Boxing Day as the new signings really got stuck in. Beating City and Chelsea, and then Utd all within a month was absolutely fantastic.

Stamford_FixturesSchedule-2_zps32dec167.png

Wow. With City gone from the FA Cup, it suddenly became a complete stroll to the final at Wembley, dispatching two more Championship sides with ease. West Brom put Arsenal out, but them succumbed to Liverpool. But that wasn't too much for my players, easily helped by an early red card for the Anfield side. A late goal from Jovanovic from a corner won it and sent us into Europe for the first time. Our victory over Everton put gloss on our league performance that makes us look a lot closer to the top 10 than we actually are. More progress to be made.

Stamford_FixturesSchedule-3_zps90ad75a9.png

League Table

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zpsf74058cd.png

Squad Statistics

Mateo and Reyes had stunning seasons, as did Rodriguez. We lacked goals though if you consider Rodriguez scored all those after January. Sharp had a bad injury so 11 is good from him, Brightwell out on loan was absolutely brilliant, he might do a job next year.

Stamford_SquadPlayers_zps636953e0.png

Season 10 - Our first shot at the Europa - 2023/24

Transfers

Stamford_TransfersTransferHistory_zpse6aab9df.png

A small spend but I didn't feel much was needed after the previous January. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (it's rare I sign a real player!) joins on a bargain loan - looks like a cracking player. Also joining the midfield on the defensive side is Jorge Alvarez who turned me down in January prior to him signing for Cruzeiro, now I get my hands on him at last. Pape N'Diaye is an improvement on previous keeper Chiazzo-whatever so that's good, and I renewed his loan anyway. For once we only made 1 signing in January....who got injured after 12 mins on debut for 2 months and promptly got terminated.

Fixtures

An interesting start to the season, if not very disappointing. Dumped out the Capital One, a poor loss in the Community Shield, and Europa League form masking league dire performances. Needing to pick up we had a semi decent October/November. We needed more league goals and proper defence.

Stamford_FixturesSchedule_zpsd4e70359.png

With my job at risk we embarked on a barnstorming run immediately following the completion of the Europa League group stages. Maybe competing on several fronts did not help? I was going to strengthen in January but the wins over Hull and Palace of all teams convinced me not to, especially when we then beat Chelsea and Arsenal within 3 days of each other. Brighton brought me down to earth with a heavy bump, and the replay was a complete nightmare. Again we put Man City out, a round later this time but I must be their bogey team now. Couldn't believe my luck drawing Maritimo, and the home leg underlined an impressive away display.

Stamford_FixturesSchedule-2_zps6e4fbeb5.png

A dire performance by reserves against Stevenage before my proudest few games as Stamford manager, ever. First Leverkusen, then City (again), Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea. We won a string of dreadfully difficult games, making the FA Cup Final and Europa League Semi Finals as a result, and putting ourselves into the top 10 for the first time ever. However we got brought down again by a fantastic performance by Europa League holders Sevilla. Just couldn't get through their defence, and the same was true away from home, struggling to beat a brilliant performance from Thibaut Courtouis. We finally lost a game to Man City as well. It was all going pear shaped until we had a fantastic FA Cup final again, an early goal defeating Arsenal who were never able to come back, with 2 late goals securing the triumph. Back to Back!

Stamford_FixturesSchedule-3_zpse3b83247.png

League Table

Delighted with 8th place but really it's only 2 places of progress, given Everton are right behind. Big gap to Newcastle and then Southampton, not sure how long it will take to close it. Top 2 far too strong.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps809981d3.png

Squad Statistics

Brightwell justified my faith with 15 goals in a big step up, Rodriguez, and Xavier with brilliant seasons as well. My player of the season goes to Rodriguez for some critical goals and all round performances, Jesse Sharp really disappointed. Ischenko and Serrizuela rocks at the back, but a few errors means they will have to be broken up next season

Stamford_SquadPlayers_zps94653644.png

Dulwich Hamlet season 2018/19 Npower League 2

After last seasons survival the aim was to push on this year.

League Table - Didn't expect this, a 12 game unbeaten run in November/December set us up and despite inconsistent form during the 2nd half of the season we moved into the final promotion spot with 5 games remaining and never looked back.

Squad - pretty young squad which explains why we were so inconsistent at times.

Transfers 1 2 - loads in and even more out, picked up lots of free transfers from the Irish leagues and they were the backbone of the season

Finances - awful, 3 seasons running the chairman has taken out loans to improve the stadium and it's hurting us

League Cup - we were unlucky to lose in extra time to Championship side West Ham

JPT - League One Gillingham beat us

FA Cup - Gillingham battered us

On a side note - I hate cups :(

Key Players Overview

Paul Parker - Northern Irish man was the only reason we got promoted 35 goals (33 in the league) shows that. Hope he can step up.

Caio Owen - Welsh RB was a star flying up and down the right hand side

Johnny Burn - signed in late August and was our best CB

Conor O'Reilly - Irish midfielder chipped in with goals and assists

Martyn Brown - Signed in October then missed the nest 3 months, but once we got him fit he formed a good partnership with Parker

Career Overview

2014/15         TSS              12th              N/A
2015/16         TSS              1st               Champions
2016/17         TSP              3rd               promotion (via play offs)
2017/18         NL2              20th              N/A
2018/19         NL2              3rd               auto promotion

Season Four saw Bedford finally solidify into a solid, all-purpose team, capable of scoring, defending, and making great runs in the league competitions. It took a while to come to fruition, but the slow, steady rise of the previous three seasons finally paid off. As seen by the position graph, after the first couple matches we never were threatened with relegation, staying firmly in the top half of mid-table. The first half (and the fixture congestion that came with the cup runs/December holidays) kept us from pushing too high (with also as many losses as wins, and curiously few draws), but it was still much better than previous years. A mid-January tactical midfield tweak (plus the return from injury of two key central midfielders) really turned the tide, however, and we nearly ran the final third of the season to perfection.

Despite an undefeated run of (nearly the final) 14 games, going into the final 3 games there were still a dozen or more possible scenarios for the playoffs. The one loss we picked up, (3-0 vs then 1st placed, and eventually League Champion Bromley) in the penultimate match of the season made for an interesting final. I was in the playoff spots, one ahead of Eastleigh (who we had to play for our final match), and only two ahead of Woking. A win and I stay in, regardless of other results. A draw with Eastleigh, along with a draw or loss by Woking, and I stay in. A loss to Eastleigh and I'm out.

In the end, it was no contest--- a relatively easy 3-0 victory ensured our first playoffs in my short career-- Collins getting a goal, two assists, and his 11th PoM award of the season.

PLAYOFFS

Semifinal

First up was Braintree, who made a strong run in the final 5 matches to move up to second in the league at the end. During the season we split, Bedford losing 2-0 away at Cressing Road early in the season, but beating them 2-1 (via a stoppage time goal by midfielder Nicky Hirst after the goalkeeper fumbled a parry). That final game was in the middle of our impressive late run, and I hoped to capitalize on it. Surprisingly, in the middle of this run I'd started attracting the notice of the press, getting full pre- and post-match conferences for the first time. The mind games may or may not have played a role...certainly the press thought so.

The first match was home, and was a very evenly matched affair. Every tactical change I made was perfectly countered, and while we led 1-0 through the first half, I couldn't manage to get a shot off all game (outshot 10-6 overall---both defences were solid at closing down all attempts), and an early 2nd half equalizer stood, the final scoreline being 1-1. Headed off to Cressing Road with only a draw was not ideal, and I was sure our great run was going to end badly.

Sure enough...in the 9th minute of the second leg, we concede the first (of several) goals for the day, setting the tone for a very hectic day. Needing a win at all costs, I alternated between a counter attacking and overload mentality, switching gears often to try to confuse the opposition. Our (first) equalizer came off of a near-post corner by Nisbet, a non-contract centerback I've had around for a couple seasons (and his only goal for our team). Tom Collins gave us the lead in the 42nd minute, giving us an unexpected 2-1 halftime lead. Of course, that didn't last...Braintree came out and scored practically from the kickoff---I don't think my team even knew which side of the field they were starting on. 2-2 in the 46th minuted, and then 3-2 in the 49th minute, and things looked grim, until Hero Collins popped up in the 63rd minute to equalize again. The final goal was credited as an own goal by defender Kristian Vidal...though it easily could've gone to my defender Pearson, who's header off of a corner was destined to go in anyways.

Collins was, once again, my choice for Player of the Year for Bedford. Mitchell (with 11 goals and 4 assists) and center back Ben Carter (7 POM, 7.04 AvR) were my 2nd and 3rd choice respectively. A thrilling 4-3 (5-4 aggregate) semi-final...it can't get any better. Or can it?

Final

The final matched us against 3rd placed Sutton Utd, who had led the league for much of the season, before a final slump knocked them down to the playoff spots. They still had to be respected...during the season I only managed a 1-1 away draw and a 1-0 home loss to them. They ended up with a 0-0 away draw and 3-1 home win vs Hayes & Yeading, and we were forced to play at Gander Green Lane as well (curiously with a smaller attendance than either of my semi-final matches--by a huge margin Maybe that explains what happened!). It certainly wasn't going to be easy, especially after the emotional roller-coaster that was our semi-finals. A cool, wet

While this match certainly wasn't the wild ride as was the semi-final, it was no less thrilling. We once again got off to a bad start, conceding in the 3rd minute on a thru-ball to left winger Robertson. Visions of a blowout loss, as Sutton hammered shot after shot at me (they would end with 23 shots). Soon, however, I realized that this was a desperate team. Many shots were from distance, and few were on target. Meanwhile, I once again was having problems getting any kind of shot off, and the scoreline at the half stayed at 1-0. About midway through the second half, I made a tactical change, switching from my counter-attacking style (which was giving him a lot of long shots, but limiting my options). Relying on his desperate attempt to shoot from distance, I switched to a faster, but controlled passing approach.

The tactic switch worked almost immediately, with Collins scoring the equalizer in the 65th minute. Unfortunately, defender Kenny Stainsby (an original from the season one youth intake, and a solid player for the past few seasons) caused an own goal (a free kick into the box, bounced around a couple times...I think he tried to clear wide of goal, but missed...or, hit....or...something!). Down 2-1 in the 78th minute...but, not to worry. Up pops Collins with his second...feeding the ball out wide left, then running into the box for the return pass and an easy score.

Thus ended regular time. Extra time saw things slow down quite a bit, both teams combing for only 7 shots (3 for Bedford, 4 for Sutton), as both teams were obviously knackered. An injury to his AMR Robertson in the 114th minute limited his options, though in the end, it was a mistake which decided the game. My midfield youngster Powell managed to pressure the opposing DL into a poor clearance,

about 7 yards in front of goal for an easy score, a hat-trick, a game-winner, and a promotion! Final scoreline 3-2

The fans were obviously overjoyed, the board ecstatic, and the team, led by Collins full of praise. I'm not sure which bit of adoration is larger...my adoration of Collins, or his adoration of me!

Collins, by the way, now has 93 league goals, 19 cup goals, for 112 career goals. Amazing, for a player that started as a 16yo in the first team at the start of the save.

Cup Competitions

It was once again a good showing in the FA Cup. After last year's showing, I was determined to try to get into the money rounds, and the team duly deliverd. The early Qualifying rounds were relatively simple: 3-1 Bedford away win vs Bedworth, followed by the same 3-1 score away vs Workington, and finally a 4-0 bashing of Bashley at home set up a 1st round tie vs St Neots. (As you can see below, this was just a week after a 5-0 thrashing by Histon in the FAT, so I made sure the team was out for blood!). A comfortable 3-1 saw us through to the second round.

A home draw vs League One Bristol City wasn't ideal, but the £70K television money went a long way towards alleviating any complaints I had. Amazingly, Tom Collins scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory over the much more highly touted side. In the 88th minute, that goal looked golden as Bristol were down to 10 men (a second yellow sending a striker off the pitch). And, we would hold on...er, no we wouldn't. With less than 20 seconds to go of the 3 minutes of stoppage time....Bristol City equalized -- a corner to the far post was nodded out to about the penalty spot and promptly scorched into the bottom corner of net. Final whistle, score, 1-1.

Gutted. We would go on to the replay at Ashton Gate, where the only good thing was the 12.5K crowd and the gate receipts brought in. Totally outclassed, we would lose 5-1 and get knocked out. To come so close, to lose this way....ah well. It was more than was expected of us, and we would once again end up as the competitions overachievers. The TV+gate receipts erased the deficit we accrued in the last year's campaign, and keep us with a positive bank balance through to the end of the season.

The FA Trophy was more of the same. Can't get past the first match of the competition, this year falling 5-0 to Skrill North Histon (who would go on to get relegated at the end of the season). The loss might've incentivized the team, however, as our next match was an FAC round against St. Neots, which we went on to win 3-1. So, I guess it wasn't all bad. (Alright...it was terrible, and I'm sure I let the team know it too!)

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Chelmsford, Dorchester, Canvey Island, North Ferriby, Whitby, St. neots

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Chelsea (Everton, AFC Bournemouth, West Bromwhich Albion)

Championship QPR (Charlton, Huddersfield, Burton)

League One Birmingham (Port Vale, Millwall, Stevenage, MK Dons)

League Two Oldham (Bristol Rovers, Exeter)

Skrill Premier Scunthorpe (Southport, Dartford, Dover, Bury Town)

Skrill North Macclesfield (Cambridge City, Witton, Histon)

Skrill South Bromley (Farnborough, Wealdstone, Lewes)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Southampton

Capital One Cup Man City

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Bolton

English FA Trophy Southport

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Liverpoole

Euro Cup Group Stage: Southampton

Euro Cup Playoff: Man City

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Swansea

Euro Cup 1st QR: West Ham (Prem Div Fair play record)

Continental Achievements

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Champions League Group Stage

Tottenham -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (by R. Madrid)

Man City -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Second Knockout Round (By Fiorentina)

Swansea -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (By Atletico Madrid)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (By R. Madrid)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi Final (by Southampton)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi Final (by AS Monaco)

Southampton -- Euro Cup Runner Up (eliminated by AS Monaco)

What's Next?

The likely difficult challenge of staying up in the Skrill Premier. Stadium expansion (adding 450st terrace, 1000 standing room) will force me to play in Luton's 10K stadium for the first half of the season, until the New Eyrie is completed. I've had a whopping £400/wk increase in salary made available (much of which was eaten up in promotion clauses!), though after releasing players I deem not good enough, I have a whole £900/wk of salary room to play with. Start looking for cheap youngsters which will fit into the formation, and fight for survival!

Career Overview

Season            Team                 League            Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2014/15           Bedford Town         Skrill South      19(22)                      Skrill South & FA Cup Overachiever
2015/16           Bedford Town         Skrill North      13(22)                      Skrill North overachiever
2016/17           Bedford Town         Skrill North      11(22)                      Skrill North overachiever
2017/18           Bedford Town         Skrill South      5(21)                       Skrill South, FA Cup Overachiever.  PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a player like that. I don't have any players who I brought in through the youth system. My youth system is rubbish lol.

I've got this guy too.

RyanNeil_HistoryCareerStats_zps899019bc.png

Both are still doing a job for me in the Championship. My youth system has churned out some half-decent defenders since, even the mediocre guys can develop into useful players if you have faith in them, but Dorey and Neil are freak successes.

I've got this guy too.

RyanNeil_HistoryCareerStats_zps899019bc.png

Both are still doing a job for me in the Championship. My youth system has churned out some half-decent defenders since, even the mediocre guys can develop into useful players if you have faith in them, but Dorey and Neil are freak successes.

You've done well out of your youth system then. My youth intakes have all been terrible.

Australian manager Alex Wrye has taken control of Wealdstone in Skrill South.

Manger Profile

The newly promoted Wealdstone is predicted to finish 19th meaning that Wrye is going to need to work hard to avoid relegation and establish the team in Skrill South.

The teams key player will be former premier league player Glen Little. The veteran central midfielder is 38 years old so cannot be seen as a long term prospect for the club but his experience and skill could be vital to the team's survival.

With Wealdstone only having a tiny ground of only 2000 capacity the club will have to invest in expanding or replacing it should the team manage to continue to rise through the English leagues.

Manger Profile

The newly promoted Wealdstone is predicted to finish 19th meaning that Wrye is going to need to work hard to avoid relegation and establish the team in Skrill South.

The teams key player will be former premier league player Glen Little. The veteran central midfielder is 38 years old so cannot be seen as a long term prospect for the club but his experience and skill could be vital to the team's survival.

With Wealdstone only having a tiny ground of only 2000 capacity the club will have to invest in expanding or replacing it should the team manage to continue to rise through the English leagues.

Good Luck with Wealdstone!

Manger Profile

You actually from Aus? :)

I feel sorry for this French kid I have on loan from OL.

Tears his calf muscle, then will be out for an extra month just as he gets to decent health due to hammy injury

Gutted I dont have him in the side as well

Also, has anybody had this come up a few times?

We currently don't own our stadium and desparatley need a new one. I have had this come up a few times over the years, however have never seen a mail item or anything about it. Once the time expires, nothing happens

May be the only one to finish a season 30,000 feet in the air :)

Just finished 6th season, so will post 5th and 6th update, probs soon after christmas.

About to start 7th season with Blyth, and still in Skrill premier

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Premier League - 2029/30

I really wanted to push on this season after getting a top half finish last season. Unfortunately that did not happen and we went backwards massively. We had a really poor end to the season and slipped down the table from 10th to 15th in the final few games. We only survived relegation by 2 point but we were never in any danger of going down. We really struggled in patches this season which was a shame. Also my new £8.5m striker flopped massively, he only managed 3 goals in 19 appearances. Next season I will be moving away from my current 4231 formation and going for something a little less attacking for a more solid base. Hopefully I can bring in some reinforcements and we can have a more successful season next year.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - No cup runs this season. Again.

Squad - Overall I thought I had a decent squad at my disposal. Obviously I was wrong so I will be looking for some big improvements next summer. I will also look to recoup some of the £8.5m I spent on my striker who misfired big time.

Finances- £19.3m loss this season down to players brought in.

Key Player Profiles:

Mourad Dahleb - Solid season but nothing spectacular.

Marc Tarres - Bought for £1.8m from Barcelona, outperformed my other striker who I wasted £8.5m on.

Poor end to the season dropping down 5 places. Need to improve next season. Will be looking at a new formation hoping for more success there.

Career Overview

2028/29         Premier League              9th
2029/30         Premier League              15th

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2021/22 - The Championship

League position: 9th (Position chart)

Media prediction: 21st

An intriguing season! With few big additions to my League 1 playoff winning squad we proved quite comfortable holding our own in the Championship. We spent the majority of the season just outside the playoff places, but always within touching distance. Defensive solidity was out key, as we had the second best defence in the league, which helped us have the fewest losses of anyone. Going by our past pattern we should be on course for the playoffs next season, and with a few good additions to the squad it is a real possibility.

Squad

Transfers - The sale of long serving goalkeeper David East after a total of 318 league appearances for us was our biggest move.

Finances

Star players:

Ryan Neil - Had a great season despite injury problems late on. Took his career tally to 107 league goals in 190 games. All for Lynn.

Ian Dorey - The Lynn legend had a tough season, but proved as useful as ever at this level. He now has 153 goals and 105 assists in 356 league appearances at the age of 23. I wonder what his career tally of games could by by the time he retires...

Phil McKenna - A solid season from the Irish midfielder

Barry George Bowen - The Welsh centre back just keeps getting better, earning himself a call up to the Welsh 2022 World cup squad in Qatar!

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners
2016/17           Skrill Premier                 2nd                Playoff winners
2017/18           League 2                       10th               FA Cup 3rd round
2018/19           League 2                       3rd                Automatic promotion
2019/20           League 1                       8th        
2020/21           League 1                       4th                Playoff winners, JPT winners, FA Cup 5th round replay 
2021/22           Championship                   9th

Just sold my goalkeeper who I brought in on a free transfer last season to Inter Milan for £20m. Allowed me to strengthen 4 positions and I managed to bring in a new goalkeeper of equal quality for only £1.8m. Good business!

Archived