dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone?

If there isn't that big a different, I might aswell start now.

SI have said that your beta save file will carry over to the full game so there's no reason not to start now (unless you run into a game-breaking bug but I haven't heard of any out there).

SI have said that your beta save file will carry over to the full game so there's no reason not to start now (unless you run into a game-breaking bug but I haven't heard of any out there).

Okay. Thanks.

It's just that some transfers which are already planned in the game but isn't official IRL are in the beta right now. (does this make sence?)

E.g. Lewandowski is joining Bayern on 1/7/2014. As far as I know nothing is official about this yet??

I know this doesn't have any influence on this challenge. But still want it the right way.

Kingstonian (who would be eligible for this challenge) have been left out of the database in the beta.

Personally I'd rather wait until next Thursday, but each to their own.

21 matches played in the first season.

We've played like gods after a lousy start, and have kept steady on 6th in the league for a few weeks!

10 won, 6 draw, 5 lost. If we can keep this up, it'll be a terrific year!

We did loose the first match in the FA trophy, and the second match in the FA cup. But I cant summon the energy to feel bad about that right now.

We've also gained the reputation of playing rough and perhaps bad conduct football, haha... Building that collection of cards!

Matt Drage has been a key player so far.

Rushallolympicfc.png

Rushall Olympic

2014/2015

Skrill North

For the first five games it looked like we might have a very rocky season and struggle to stay above the relegation line however things soon picked up and after 13 games we found ourselves in play-off position. We stuck around 3rd-5th for the rest of the season and ended up finishing 4th. We drew Lowestoft in the play-off semi-finals and lost 2-1 in the first leg at home meaning we would need to score at least 3 goals during the second leg in order to win. Fortunately the team decided to step up and blew them away with a 4-1 win. This left us facing FC Halifax in the play-off finals, a team which we were yet to win against. The game was very stale until the 84th minute when Dave Walker popped it in the back of the net. We managed to not concede in the final 9 minutes of the game earning our promotion to the Skrill Premier. On top of our amazing first season promotion we managed to also beat the record for the number of goals scored in the Skrill North.

League Table - Past Positions

Semi-final Leg 1 - Semi-final Leg 2 - Playoff Final

Cups: I wasn't too bothered by the cups and wanted to get them out of the way in order to focus on the league. For our first matches we drew AFC Telford in the FA Cup and lost and drew Lowestoft in the FA Trophy and lost.

Squad: Despite doing so well most are only labelled as decent players for the Skrill North.

Transfers: Lots of new faces and getting rid of the trash.

Finances: £71k in debt despite the chairman investing £223k into the club this season.

Key Players:

Craig Nelthorpe: My left winger and top goalscorer. Guy's stats aren't even that good but was always on form and kept knocking them in. He won both the Skrill North PoY award and Top Goalscorer.

Dele Adebola: The legend of the team, unfortunately injured himself for the last 3 months of the season. Hoping to keep him on as a coach once he retires.

Season          League                      Finish            Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill North                4th               Promotion via play-offs

rush.png

Short update:

League Table Fixtures League Position Graph

So I spent most of the season just outside the top 5. All in all it didnt go too bad. But I was 5th after 35 games. Certain I'd get the bloody playoffs. Then finished with loosing 4 of my last 6. Demotivating. Ending 9th.

Season      Division     Pos   W    D   L   For   Ag   G.D.  Points      
2014/15 | Skrill North | 9th | 19 - 9 - 14 | 99 | 88 | +2  | 66

Whitby Town

Skrill North

2015/16

l8egA7j.png

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers (1) (2)

The League

League Table | Position Graph

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures

Key Players

Steve Mason | Kamahl Whight | Danny McLoughlin

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Danny McLoughlin

The top scorer got the top award from the fans. Good show.

Top Scorer

Danny McLoughlin

17 from 24 in the league. Graeme Armstrong got 18 in 30 last season, so McLoughlin is keeping up the goals despite a mediocre season.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Kamahl Whight

Great left midfielder. Great crosser, good goalscorer. Shame he's decided to split.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Getting one position higher than last season despite having a lesser side.

Aims For Next Season

Higher! I want higher!

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9101025&viewfull=1#post9101025"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         13th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9113054&viewfull=1#post9113054"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival

Well done to DrCathro and Cenotaph on great seasons with Rushall. I have struggled all season with them and just avoided relegation on the last day. Nelthorpe only scored 8 for me and could'nt hit a barn door, some truly awful misses over the season.

Rushall Olympic 2014/15

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

Table |Squad |Transfers

The season started badly with 1 win the first 10 games. 3 wins in the next 4 took the club 5 points and a few places clear of relegation. This gap was maintained until jan/feb when the team lost 5 in a row to fall just a point above 20th. Another 3 wins in 4 carried the team 7 points clear before 4 straight losses pitched the team back down. Rushall entered the last game 2 points clear of FC and 1 point behind Solihull who had risen from the dead halfway through the season. Since FC played Solihull in the final game a draw was needed to be sure, the team won anyway.

In the FA cup 2nd Qf rd the team were away to non league Worksop and were 3-0 up until the 65th min. Worksop then drawing the match and won the replay 2-0.

The team lost 2-1 at home to Workington in the FA trophy 3rd Qf rd.

Finances were not too bad as the board pumped in 200K, only ended up 40K in the red. The board also increased the seating and standing by 500 at the end of the season to meet league requirements

Struggled to attract really good players, most didn't want to join as the squad wasn't good enough or Rushall's rep not high enough. The best player is only rated good for this league, the midfield is very weak.

Cartwright and Lawrie did really well but the other signings were very inconsistant, most don't want to extend contracts as the squad isn't good enough so i may be down to only a few players next season.

The star player was Obeng who with 8 games to go was the league top scorer but ended up 4 behind Ade Akeinbiyi

Season            League              Position               Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Conference North        19th                   None

Banbury_logo.png

Banbury United FC

Skrill South - 2014/15

Squad - Transfers - Table - Graph

Season Summary

A great season for newly promoted Banbury United finishing 1st. and winning the Skrill South title in my first season in charge. We started off very solid with and went on an unbeaten run for 14 matches at the start of the season. A new club record. That spell proofed to be the foundation of a really good season where we played some fantastic football. 82 goals in 42 matches averaging a solid 2 goals pr. game ratio while only conceeding 48 goals.

A good cup run in the FA cup saw as go to the 1st. round loosing at home to Carlisle 1-4 in front of a record crowd of 2856 at Spencer Stadium.

Fixtures - Pre-Season - 1 - 2 - FAT - FAC

Finances

The FA cup run and home game against Carlisle bumped the finances and even though my wage budget is used the bottom line looks good

Finance overview.

Key Players/transfers

My transfer strategy start of the season was to keep hold of the best players at the club and release all other players to get my wage budget down before signing any players. I went after youth and signed players eager for playtime often released by good teams.

Lewis Price- My goalkeeper was a real steal and and was deemed good enough for league 2 by my scout. He will stay in goal for the next few seasons if I can keep hold of him

Daniel Cleary - Was released by Liverpoool and snabbed up by me. Played solid in the central of the defense and was called up for the Irish under 19 team. Potentiel to play in league 1 if he developes.

Nathan Burke - My defensive midfield Maestro, controlling the side. Another gem that could be good enough for league 2.

Josh Dawkin - Good winger providing 11 goals and 7 assist this season

Daniel Akindayini - My top scorer with 23 goals. Former Spurs player

Next Season

Survival is first priority but with the right transfer strategy, keeping hold of my talented players and adding to the ranks I have grounds for optimism and may surprise a few people.

Career Summary

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Skrill South             1st.                Winner (promotion)

Buxton Season Summary 2015/16

Skrill North

Final Position 2nd. Promoted via playoffs.

Profile - Squad - Table - Graph - Finances - Transfers - Season Records

A season which started really challenging, with wage budget cut to almost half, due to previous seasons deficit. Managed to tweak a tactic which didn't let that many goals in, whilst hoping i could score more goals than conceding.

The FA Cup was an extremely lucky draw vs non league teams and 1 BSP team, before being humiliated 6-0 away to Ipswich in the 3rd round.

FAT was a short 2nd round exit to Grimsby.

With the tiny finances bonus from the FA, board agreed to invest the youth facilities.

Star player of the season: Korey Dyer-Stewart

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final

Grantham_Town_FC_logo.jpg

XaW - Grantham Town - Skrill North 2014/15

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

My first season in charge of Grantham was rather uneventful. We were never in danger of relegation and even though we didn't finish far away from playoffs we were never really contending. Before the season I started to build a tactic suited for my squad and found I have a left back who can't defend and a right back who can't attack. So I built had to build an asymmetric tactic to get the balance right. My left back is bombing down the left while the left winger is an inside forward who helps out our lone striker. On the right I have defensive minded back and a wide midfielder who keep the width. In the center of the pitch I have a defensive midfielder with the role ball winning midfielder. Left central we have a box-to-box midfielder behind a right center attacking midfielder. I try to keep it simple with the other instructions and it seem to work quite well.

Most of my goals come from my striker with the inside forward not far behind. These two are our main attackers, often assisted by the attacking midfielder, the wide midfielder and the left back. This tactic seem to work best when I'm an underdog or slight favorite, but not as a predicted clear winner. I need to work that part out as I lost at the first hurdle in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy.

I had a rather good youth intake this season and a couple of the players who came through have already gotten their debuts. Since the board cut my wage budget I think I have to depend on talented youngster the next season. I've tried to extend the contracts of the best players I have, but before someone leaves the club I'm way above the budget after the cut.

Overall I'm losing lots of money. The board have already injected funds on several occasions to keep us afloat, but I think I need a good FA Cup run next season.

The best players this season have been Deon Meikle, Richard Logan and Steve Basham.

Division	Position	Points		Europe		Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skrill North	8th		65		N/A		Decent first season

Barwell

Season one

Suprised myself, especially after paying a total of £700p/w of my £4,200 budget on two players that never played.

League table - http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/LeagueTableSeason1_zpsdf6193ba.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Play off Final - http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/Playofffinal_zpsb7cc6d2e.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Transfers - http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/TransfersSeason1_zps24630899.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Squad - http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/SquadSeason1_zps9d9af8af.png.html?sort=3&o=0

We were knocked out of both the cups early, the FA cup was our worst performance of the season

Season Review - Best defence in the league, very pleased with them and some youth talent coming through there as well, also added to it with one new player for next season. Our biggest problem was scoring goals, if we scored first we would win, but if we conceded we couldn't fight back, due to a lack of creative players and a top goalscorer, also our goalkeeper would make silly errors.

Aims for next season - Need to bring in a new solid Goalkeeper, and some creativity into the midfield, and some goalscorers, also we have no width in the team at all, so if we have some extra budget a couple of wide men will help, but optomistic.

bhV9EHb.png

Grays Athletic - Skrill South - 2015/16 - Second [Promoted]

Amazing/Crazy season. Insane start with Sweeney on absolute fire. For a while he was scoring every game.

This was shown well when he scored 3 against Weston Super Mare, scored 1 in our 9-0 Woking win and then scored twice in an FA Cup game the same week.

Middle of the season congestion got to us for a while and the boys forgot how to defend. Luckily we still remembered how to score most weeks and evetually turned it around. We weren't crazy dominant again for the rest of the season and for a period of 10 games, we would lose a game then win one. We scraped through the first playoff round and then took care of Wealdstone easily in the final. BSP for us!

I HATE THE BSP

League Table

Games

Notable games

The 9-0 win over Woking. It is a competitive match record for me in football manager. For it to come over a side we would end up playing in the playoffs, it was pretty crazy.

Finances -We got a bit of a bump in salary this season, but no more bums in seats. This ended up losing us cash and our cup run didn't help us enough. A 75k loan helps us out for now, but the Skrillex Premier needs to get the crowds in.

FA Cup - A pretty easy run. We were unlucky to get no non playable teams, but we did well. Walsall showed class in the 1st round to take us out, but the boys put on a good show any and we really took it to them. Considering at the time, we weren't doing to well in the league, it wasn't too bad a result.

FA Trophy - This old chestnut. I swear I hate the FA Trophy. Non playable side takes us to pens on the replay and we lose badly. UGH

Squad - Really fantastic. Some quality loans gave us depth, but the true stars this season were our attack. Their support from midfield was fantastic as well. Not sure what I will need to do for the next season, but some quality midfielders would be nice.

Key Player Profiles

Dan Sintim - Still our best defender. He was quality and really held the line at the back

Joe Sweeney - Cowell did well too and scored more goals but Sweeney Todd was more consistent. He was a rock playing in the DLP support position. The combo of him and Patrick, were on fire every game and I was sure we would score most weeks.

Player of the Season

Jordan "Hatrick" Patrick - What can I say? Probably one of my better moves in FM recently. His football brain is still non existant, so he may be a non factor as we rise up, but damn that boy is fast.

Youth Players

U18's Position - 1st

Some OK players. Doubt most of them will ever see game time though. Maybe in the FA Trophy matches.

Marc Lamb - Decent striker who came through who has better technical and mental stats than most of my other guys. A bit of training and I should really see some results from him....hopefully.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South       18th                 
2015/16       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South        2nd    

Next Season

Rebuild midfield

Get out of the Skrillex Premier

Make a buck. Get into the black

Facility News

Major Competition Winners

Skrill South - Boreham Wood, Grays

FA Cup - Arsenal

FA Trophy - Luton

English Premier League - Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Norwich *18th (relegated)

Championship - Stoke, Fulham, Hull

Champions League - Man City

Euro - Leverkusen

Hyundai A-League - Victory/CCM

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill South - 2017/18

This was the perfect season for me. We managed to win the league and reach the FA Cup first round which in the process made us plenty of money. We have spent £45k of this on expanding the seating are of my stadium. We didnt start the season well but after a quick tactical reshuffle we really picked up and moved up towards the top of the table. Cambridge challenged us all the way to the last day where we had a 3 point gap and a 8 goal advantage. We won 3-2 to confirm the title.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

Cups - The backup players made the 2nd round of the FA Trophy but we lost 2-0 to Grimsby. In the FA Cup we took League 1 Middlesbrough to a replay where we eventually went down 1-0 but we made plenty of money in the process

Squad - I will need to improve my squad next season to survive. Need more depth in defence and midfield.

Finances - Big improvement. Cup run made a massive difference.

Key Player Profiles:

Bobby Traynor - Signed a 1 year deal again and will retire after that. Scored 37 in 48.

Matt Little - Had a brilliant first full season. 27 in 40 with 10 assists from the Treq position upfront.

Hopefully I can improve the squad for next season and then we can hopefully survive. We should have the fire-power jut need to strengthen the rest of the team.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                8th                  
2016/17         Skrill South                10th              
2017/18         Skrill South                1st               Champions

Apparently Kingstonian are in the new update - so away on holiday I go before
(I live in Twickenham so Kingston is a 15 min drive from my house)

Sounds like it's okay to start now. So i'll go on holiday in a few minutes and try to get Enfield promoted!

Good stuff Hypanimz. Will put my profile pic up tonight but started as Canvey. Beat Dorchester 2-1 in the opener. Lost to Oxford City in the second 2-0. Aim is 40 points.

So 37 more needed. Changed my tactic slightly to add a sweeper. Team seems to defend high up. Might help cover the D.

Redditch United Season 2014/15

Overview

We were very lucky..started poorly and picked up some form around October, which continued all the way in to March and then it went down hill from there. We were lucky to make the play-offs. A 3-1 win was enough to get us there and after a tricky semi-final vs Harrogate, we got to the final and stuffed Barrow. Glad to be promoted first time of asking, however I'll need 6 first teamers to stay up

League Table - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188402084

Star Players

Kyle Patterson - Played as an AMC and ST, created and scored loads. Inconsistent at times and in all honesty I'm not sure he'll cut it in the Skrill Premier - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188402120

Ben Adams - Good passer, a fair amount of assists. One of my more consistent players. Played him in on the left wing, until I found a more central role for him. Again, I have doubts over his ability to play at a higher level -

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188402146

Laurence Gaughan - Rock in defence, scored a few headers. - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188402163

Transfers

As you can see, not too much activity. Griffiths was great, 13 goals in 17 matches. He's going to be key next season. Had to offload a lot of dead wood to try and keep a decent balance (you'll see shortly that it failed)! -

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188406053

Finances

Not great. Note screenshots taken prior to prize money receipt etc. - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188402176

Squad

And finally, my squad..most of whom will be leaving as they are either a) pants or b) want to much money -http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188402104

EDIT: Apologies for the links. ie11 doesn't work well with the link button :(.

Archived