Sports Interactive Community
Matthew Le God

FM14: Southampton F.C. - Gatecrashing the top table

Good lord - that is a standard set which other club thread starters will be hard pushed to match! Well done!

After my FM13 exploits with Saints I planned to skip them this year, particularly after watching a foul 0-0 in the drizzle at St. Mary's recently.

This, however, makes it more enticing.

Southampton are a team on my provisional 'to-play' list - don't worry, I haven't written it down.

I'm not Victor Wanyama's biggest fan, but Morgan Schneiderlin, Adam Lallana and James Ward-Prowse will win me over. Trying to set-up an effective, efficient partnership between Rickie Lambert and Pablo Osvaldo will be a challenge, too.

Good lord - that is a standard set which other club thread starters will be hard pushed to match! Well done!

After my FM13 exploits with Saints I planned to skip them this year, particularly after watching a foul 0-0 in the drizzle at St. Mary's recently.

This, however, makes it more enticing.

you should be complaining that MLG did not claim the thread making responsibility before posting it, and as such did not follow proper GPTG conduct in regards to posting club threads ;)

that said we probably all expected MLG to sort this one out anyway with a good effort (and a picture overload)

Good job, as always MLG.. hope to see similar standard throughout the team threads this year :)

Will certainly be starting a saints save as standard.. Chambers looks a viable option to Clyne as well which is nice to see.

Southampton looks a really intriguing game this year. Some talented players, very good youth prospects, alot of philosiphies from the board (particularly like the sign from your chairmans home country one) and not a particularly big budget. Would be interested to see what kind of money Southampton make over a year because it'll be hard to fill the high profile player requirement on that budget.

Top quality thread! Southampton really have the foundation for an interesting save this year. A good combination of decent younger players and they have made some solid signings IRL. I am sure that the chairman will pump money into the club after the first season to enable you to meet the board's philosophies.

Got to November without winning a league game. Starting over...

Shortlisted Januzaj as my main target. Considering Bakkali and Townsend

Same ol' Southampton thread... loads of pictures and no real content :brock:

I expect lots of better threads this year.

I had a very fun save with Southampton on 13 so wasn't going to give them a go this time around but this thread makes me give it second thought.

Won 1 in 9 on second save jesus just cant score! Pretty good defensive displays even though I am setting up somewhat like barca

What formation have people gone for. Just about to play first game of league season. Trying 4.2.3.1 formation with 3 attacking midfielders.

Anybody got picture of Shaw and Prowse after season or two? Would like to see their progress.

Just got to Christmas 8th in the league! Signed Gaitan and got Honda for a free comin in January! Had some good results against top teams just some poor ones against teams I should of beat!

Ward-Prowse looks excellent, like real life its getting him into the team. So many AMC options with him, Lallana, Lambert, Gaston.

Started my save, not got to any games yet but bought in Gaitan and Buttner on loan and got the Albanian cnetre-back from Lazio whos name I have forgotten.