ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

smp20 Very good job. I have a question though. I personally never had a problems to set up technical short passing tactics, but I struggled to set up tactics similar like yours with big TM up front. Having similar player like yours in my FC United career (I have good TM + nice pacy partner up front) I would be very grateful if you could share your tactics?

toonbalmy87 Eh, very unlucky defeat against Atletico... At least you have skipped PSG this season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Sporte Club - Season 3 Review (2016/2017) - Second division

C1.png

League Table | Past Positions | Transfers

Competitions

Second division - 2nd

League cup - Second round

Taca de Portugal - Fifth round

Season Review

Season started with a League Cup group stage where we were drawn against 4 other Division 2 sides. Winning a group with 3 wins and 1 draw left me very confident of upcoming season. But things didn't start very well. Even though we played good, we had only 1 win and 3 defeats after 4 games. As season progressed we were becoming more and more confident. Because of the League Cup & Taca de Portugal & 42 league games, I rotated our squad a LOT (only problematic part is that team has only 3 CD and it was extremely lucky that noone suffered long term injury). Everyone got a chance to shine, and boy they did. Midseason saw us breathe just behind top 2. At home we were leaking a lot of points, even against terrible teams (at one point team lost 4 games in the row on home field), but luckily our away form was excellent. 6 games before the end of season we managed to sneak in into 2nd place. We were going in and out in next few games, 41st week saw us win and rivals Uniao Madeira lost which meant that we won promotion to Premier League with game to spare!

Team improved a lot during this season. Facilities are great and so are youth prospects which are recruited every year. But Premier league is going to be very difficult challenge. I played Maritimo in Taca de Portugal and lost 7-0. I used some experimental tactics for that match, but still 7-0 is our record defeat... Looking at few previous seasons, usually teams who get promotion get relegated following year... On the plus side, it looks like that even 25 points is usually enough to survive.

Youth Intake

Portugal continues to produce awesome intakes (such a huge difference between here in England...) and this is the year in which we got our first star!

Antonio Ribeiro (YP 03A) - Meet the star. Awesome AMC. Will be immediate starter just to help him reach his potential. One weakness is "Important matches" and this is the the perfect time too remember Shakes career in FM13 with this club and all those CL quarter final and semi final losses... Looks like I could be in the same ride.

Jorge Cunha (YP 03B) - Good, solid LB. That position is kinda thin, so he may get some chance to play in Taca or League Cup.

Jose Santos (YP 03C) -Another AMC. And solid one too. Some nations definitely love some positions. England DMC and Portugal AMC...

Ruben Martins (YP 03D) - Short DMC who will spend time in reserves and see how he progress.

Pedro Santos (YP 03E) - Winger with good physicals, but poor technicals. Could get some playing time since team is thin in right winger spot.

Claudio Madeureira (YP 03F) - RB with good potential.

Real's Stars of the season

Paulo Anjos (YP 01A) - 19 league goals for our star striker.

David Simoes (YP 01E) - He pulled all the strings in our midfield. With his midfield partner (see below) he will be a key in our attempt to survive in Premier league.

Alberto Coito (YP 02C) - Automatic starter in our "defensive" midfield option. Improved a LOT.

Gonzalo Fuente (YP 00A) - CD is our weakest link, but he played very good.

Miscellaneous

We had our first international call-up for our left winger Nuno Vicente (YP 00B), but at u19 level.

Earned some money 800k for standings + 800k for TV money for Premier league.

Our stadium is at expansion capacity with 3500. I expect that new stadium will have to be built in next few years.

Goals from previous season

Mid table finish (looking at other teams, we are not the worst, so I expect to survive without much problems) SUCCESS - 2nd place and promotion

Have a cup run. SUCCESS - 5th round, though cup money is crap in Portugal.

Goals for next season

Survive.

No other goals.

Career

Code:

Season          League                     League Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15         National G                  4th               2nd in Relegation phase
2015-16         National G                  1st               1st in Promotion phase & National champions
2016-17         Second division             2nd               Promoted

smp20 Very good job. I have a question though. I personally never had a problems to set up technical short passing tactics, but I struggled to set up tactics similar like yours with big TM up front. Having similar player like yours in my FC United career (I have good TM + nice pacy partner up front) I would be very grateful if you could share your tactics?

toonbalmy87 Eh, very unlucky defeat against Atletico... At least you have skipped PSG this season.

Brugi - no problems sharing tactics. Its based on my Arrigo Sacchi style tactic I created on FM13, but with a few differences. Shall I upload on here or just provide screenshots?

Brugi - no problems sharing tactics. Its based on my Arrigo Sacchi style tactic I created on FM13, but with a few differences. Shall I upload on here or just provide screenshots?

Whatever is easier for you mate. If you are not using too many individual instructions, you can just post a screenshots with team instructions. Can't wait to try it with my crappy FC United side.

Whatever is easier for you mate. If you are not using too many individual instructions, you can just post a screenshots with team instructions. Can't wait to try it with my crappy FC United side.

Here's the team instructions.

Player Instructions:

GK - play it shorter, distribute to defenders

DR/L - shoot less often, cross more often, cross from byline, cross aim target man, sit narrower

DC - pass it shorter, mark tighter

DM - shoot less often, more risky passes

MR/L - cross from byline, shoot less often, cross aim target man

TM - shoot less often

AF - shoot less often, move into channels, more risky passes

Training wise, I always use defensive positioning. I find that I'm conceding a LOT but scoring goals for fun because of a formidable strike partnership. Basically my defence is crap. I've used this tactic with many different teams and with a talented, quick defence I've broken all sorts of clean sheet records.

FC United of Machester - Season 2014/2015 Review

FC_United.png

League - Past Positions - Finances - Transfers - First Squad - U18 Squad

Skrill North - 13th

After 10 games into the season we were struggling so much to even draw matches that i thought we could get relegated. I tried many formations, switched players, tried new roles for them but nothing seemed to give us some defensive consistency. For some dumb reason i thought that was a good idea to start the season using one of the initial youth in the goal, but he managed to concede 31 goals in only 11 matches. Around the middle of the season i tried switching to a 4-2-3-1 Counter trying to extract the best from my core players (Shaun Vipond (AMC), Greg Daniels(ST), Connor Tinnion(AML)) and we started to climb the table, challenging even the teams that were fighting for playoff spots, at home or away. In the last match of the season we were placed in a decent 11th place but a draw away with 6th placed Stalybridge saw us falling down 2 places.

I can't not to think what could've been this season if i figured out the tactics and the first XI earlier in the season. I really feel it could have earned us a playoff spot, but all i can ask for the upcoming season is that we keep on the same run of form and maybe we can get there.

Cups

Got defeated on the first game at both.

Key Players

Shaun Vipond - He's only the brain of the team. Thankfully he hadn't any serious injuries so far. Even tough he had 'only' 12 assists and 11 goals that doesn't represent his contribution. Every offensive play had to be started from him. He was the best player for us this season.

Greg Daniels - One thing i must point about playing in this challenge is that i'm getting a much deeper understanding of the match engine. Usually i hate slow players, i'm just unable to extract potential from them but i could make Greg perform pretty well in this season. Altough he wasn't consistent in all matches, seeming a lil bit sleepy sometimes, he showed he can be very useful along the path.

Connor Tinnion - Without him the season would've been a lot harder. His 16 assists and 10 goals shows how much of a treat he was on the left winger.

Youth Prospects

Conor Rowe (YP00a) - Aside from his skills not increasing he had an extremely good season. Scored 9 goals with about 7 of them being from corners. With him on the pitch our defense got pretty solid by the air. He had 44 appearances on the season and will be kept on the first XI.

Youth Intake

Regular intake, but i must say i'm a little bit frustrated that no one shines out from it, maybe Mark but he plays on the same position as Conor YP00a so it wasn't a need.

Mark Sheppard (YP01b) - He looks a lot like Conor but he's a litle bit faster. Considering that Conor's partner in the first XI is not much faster, if i cant get Mark to improve a little bit his quickness he will probably take the CD spot, and will make it even without improving if my current DR doesn't agree on renewing his contract, forcing me to place the faster CD on his position.

Martin Lane (YP01c) - Assistant Manager gave him 5 stars on potential but i can't see this much potential on him. He'll have some chances because the current AMR is not that good anyway.

James Davies (YP01g) - He's just another pace baby and will be tutored by Tinnion and may get some chances if Conor gets injured.

Shaun Basker (YP01a) - If he develops well i could start using 2 strikers since he seems like a decent target man from the start and Greg can't play in this role.

Danny Elmes (YP01k) - According to the assistant manager he's got like half of the potential of Shaun, but his mentals are far better so i would not be surprised if he becomes better in the end.

Last Season Goals:

- Introduce the youth in the team; (1 in the Starting XI and 1 in the Subs) Partially Completed

- Avoid Relegation; Completed

- Make financial profit; Complete

- Upgrade something Failed

Next Season Goals:

- Upgrade Something.

- Finish in the top-half.

- Make financial profit.

- Get more youth in the starting XI + subs.

Player Instructions:

DR/L - shoot less often, cross more often, cross from byline, cross aim target man, sit narrower

TM - shoot less often

Training wise, I always use defensive positioning. I find that I'm conceding a LOT but scoring goals for fun because of a formidable strike partnership. Basically my defence is crap. I've used this tactic with many different teams and with a talented, quick defence I've broken all sorts of clean sheet records.

:thup:

Gonna try it. Currently I'm enjoying my Portugal career, but will definitely go back to my England save to see if this is going to help my struggling side.

Nice season v1n1akabozo!

Player Instructions:

TM - shoot less often

Very interesting smp20.

I do not currently possess a stereotype Target Man player (plus my squad is tailored now for my 'out there' set-up), otherwise I would give this a try in certain matches / situations.

If others are interested, maybe I will post my 460 here as well.

Cannot currently muster up the energy to write a full write up of it which would be needed for the Tactics forum, plus the constant 'I lost one match, this sucks' posts that follow in all threads there :)

Nice season v1n1akabozo!

Very interesting smp20.

I do not currently possess a stereotype Target Man player (plus my squad is tailored now for my 'out there' set-up), otherwise I would give this a try in certain matches / situations.

If others are interested, maybe I will post my 460 here as well.

Cannot currently muster up the energy to write a full write up of it which would be needed for the Tactics forum, plus the constant 'I lost one match, this sucks' posts that follow in all threads there :)

Yes definitely post it. But expect that I will post "This tactics suck, I lost 1 game with it" as soon as I try it with my FC United career. My team, especially defense and keeper are terrible :D

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town 2017/18 Season

Our overachieving continues as we clinch promotion to League 1 via the playoffs. We managed to cope with some injury problems to push on to 6th in the league. A 4-2 aggregate win over Exeter led us to Wembley again. We took the final to extra time, winning

2-1 vs Hartlepool. Spink was the hero again as he smashed in the equaliser in 90+3. We were poor in the League Cup and JPT, but had a good run to the FA Cup 4th round where we faced West Ham at the Olympic Stadium for a good pay-day. Overall, we're going up in finances, facilities etc. so we're in a good state going forward. I promised an update of my youth products in this update but I've been far too into this game and nearly finished my first season in League 1 already so I'm gonna do that at the end of next season's update.

*Screenshot taken in March 2019 as I couldn't find the original.

Goal Review

1. Survive in League 2 - SUCCESS

2. Upgrade Anything - SUCCESS

3. Steady Finances - SUCCESS

4. Bonus: Cup Run - SUCCESS

5. Blood in any youngsters that have League potential - MOSTLY SUCCESSFUL

2018/19 Season Goals

1. Survive in League 1

2. Provide a proper youth development update!

3. Invest heavily in facilities/youth, providing finances allow

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town Season 2018/19

Somehow we made it 3 successive promotions and 4 consecutive play-off finals, mainly through sheer determination and a top class forward partnership forming between Hogan and Spink. We spent the majority of the season around the top half, but had a surge of good form towards the end of the season to push us into the playoffs. We managed to beat the reputable Wolves 6-4 on aggregate, spurring us on to a

1-0 win over Notts County in the final to clinch a spot in the Championship. We continued to be poor in the JPT and League Cup, but our best FA Cup run yet saw us beat Championship sides Preston and Nottm Forest to face Liverpool in the 5th round. We managed to drag them to a replay at Anfield, but they eventually overcame us. We have a real top prospect in our most recent youth intake in Michael Fitchett YP05A and more players to add depth. Our stadium is converting to an all seater so we will start the Championship season sharing with scummy Peterborough. Staying up is likely to be a struggle, a lot of our team are still around Conference / League 2 Standard with a small handful who may be able to cope with the level.

Goal Review

1. Survive in League 1 - SUCCESS

2. Provide a proper youth development update! - COMING UP

3. Invest heavily in facilities/youth, providing finances allow - SUCCESS

2019/2020 Season Goals

1. Nothing other than - somehow survive in the Championship!

Season 10 (2023-2024)

IJsselmeervogels.png

[League][Transfers] [Finance] [Facilities]

My tenth year in charge at IJsselmeervogels and I think we made progress again. The year started with us upgrading our youth recruitment, which is now at an average level, a great way to start a season. The results however failed to materialise and some high scoring close games, although exciting left us struggling. In 10 games we managed to win one. A positive note was the goal scoring form of Koos de Jong, who went on to become the Eredivisie top scorer with 23 goals, the annoying twist in the penultimate game of the season he broke his foot and was out for 4 months!

Our form picked up and we climbed the league, challenging as high as 5th place, we eventually settled into a comfortable spot around the EURO Cup playoff spots.

The season ended with us giving loads of playing time to all young players, once a playoff spot was guaranteed, finishing in 8th. We drew Groningen in the First round and two excellent performances saw us come from behind and win in both legs. Into the final and we had Herenveen, who finished in 9th. A good away 2-2 draw, gave us a great chance to get into Europe, but it wasn't to be, it seemed one game to far and we fell to a late goal on the counter.A disapointing end, but player performances made up for this.

Youth intake

Although I have fingers crossed for an amazing intake each time, I think this is a very respectable one. Finally a natural complete wingback, who is almost first team ready!

Jeffrey van Ommeren (YP10a) really excited by this player, good all round stats for an attacking fullback. Will get plenty of eexperience.

Jan Stolk (YP10b) will be retrained as Erdogens understudy at DM. Good potential and is developing well.

Albert Van Buuren (YP10c) highest rated potential wise, but an abundance of talent in his position means he will have to impress all the more when he gets a chance. Could be very good and I need to make sure I don't neglect him.

10 Years at IJsselmeervogels

I thought I would highlight my most important tagged players during this time, as my recent updates have focused mainly on the newer faces.

Ferry Erdogan (YP02a). The first youth player of any quality and has been a starter for 9 seasons now, has really developed into the no nonsense player I need. Apart from one serious injury has been remarkably resilient. (259 Apps)

Richard Stam (YP03a). Amazing servant, has been of Eredivisie standard for 6 years now and is very constant, had to dish out some serious contracts to keep him but he seems content now (235 Apps, 22 assists)

Christian Jacobs (YP04a). Has been the most consistent centre back I have and has contributed a good amount of goals. Is being challenged for starting spot now as players start to progress past him (187Apps , 18 goals)

Kenneth Mulder (YP05a). Has fallen out of favour recently as serious injuries limited his development and new players offer a lot more going forward. Best player mentally but is now a rotation option (148 Apps, 13 Goals, 3 Assists)

Teun Wijnagaarde (YP06b). A very versatile player which helped early in his career. Very highly rated and consistent. His development has slowed somewhat and this season he is competing with a younger prospect for full back. Long term he will drop into centre back role. (131 Apps)

Arjan Thomassen (YP06a). Has now developed into a really consistent performer and my dead ball specialist (although not pens!!!) great season last year (142 Apps, 21 goals, 35 Assists)

Tony van Viel (YP07b). Is now my first option in false nine role and seems to be POM or quite average. Has continued to develop and hopefully will become more consistent (81 Apps, 17 goals, 19 assists)

Koos De Jong (YP07a). His development has been hampered by an injury but he is still deadly at this level, winning top goalscorer this year. Hopefully he remains at the club for as long as possible (108 Apps, 51 Goals, 21 Assists)

Ben van Meel (YP08c). Really like this player, developed really well in his first 18 months and that got him into first team rotation, from there he hasn't looked back. Development has slowed somewhat but is now my most dynamic midfielder and best passer. (51 Apps, 3 Goals, 4 Assists)

Martin Van Dalen (YP07). Has grown into my best defender, being the tallest, fastest and best tackler. Will lead this team for years I hope. (86 Apps)

Colin van Eijk. Have to mention this guy, he is 33 now and still doing well, no successor yet so he is still best option. Very consistent and very injury free in the 10 years. (393 Apps)

Right so off I go into hopefully another successful 10 years. Being so close to Europe in both seasons has now made my expectations at least a spot in the play offs.

Goals

* Qualify for Euro Cup

* Try for a new stadium

* Start season more successfully

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town Youth Development Update (01/02/2020)

2014 Intake

Pascal Uche YP00A - 181 apps, 1 goal

Pascal became an instant regular, starting in rotation with Ben Nunn and then overtaking him as first choice the following season. Along the way, he managed to pick up 7 Nigerian U20s caps becoming our first (and only) player to be involved in international football.

Connor Birch YP00C - 231 apps, 10 goals

Connor has become a mainstay in the first team, and since the age of 19 has been the club captain. For what he lacks in technical ability, he makes up for in work rate and physicality and has turned into a good leader.

Jonny Evans YP00D - 192 apps, 5 goals

Jonny took a while to break into the first team, but once converted to a centre back he became first choice for several seasons and is still well used now.

2015 Intake

Justin Spink YP01A - 228 apps, 164 goals

Justin is without a doubt the star of the team. He has scored and created goal at just about every level and important goals to boot. At the tender age of 20, he is a club legend already. Long live the Spink!

Simon Rowe YP01B - 95 apps, 36 goals

Simon burst onto the scene with bags of potential, but has never really developed. The majority of his appearances are out on loan as he just isn't the standard required.

Luke Burrows YP01G - 122 apps, 3 goals

Burrows wasn't initially seen as a big prospect, but with good passing and reasonable all round mental atts, he's become the ultimate cover man

Oliver is one of those players I just came to like, due to his Determination, Bravery and Physical atts. He is technically woeful and always will be, but I quite like having him around as DL cover.

2016 Intake

Patrick Fry YP02A - 148 apps

Fry is slowly but surely edging towards his championship potential and has been a regular in the back line since 16.

Nathan Monks YP02B - 139 apps, 9 goals

Nathan has developed very, very well and is now our best midfield player. He partners Birch in the DM role, when both are fit and not suspended!

Nathan Jones YP02E - 66 apps, 2 goals

Jonesy spent most of his early development in the u18s and did not make his league debut until the 2017/18 season where he became a first team regular in League 1.

Aidan Read YP02H - 153 apps

Aidan is way below the standard of keeper required, but due to our first choice keeper deciding not to negotiate a new contract and leave for a level down and half the money (go figure...) he was hoisted into first team action because we had no-one else! He has 134 football league appearances under his belt, but will struggle to add to these as we've since had a much better keeper come through

Kevin wasn't even tagged originally, hence the YP02Z, but has actually made a fair amount of appearances for us so is worth a mention. 30 apps came in our League 2 campaign

2017 Intake

Michael Hogan YP03A - 126 apps, 78 goals

The biggest star to come through the youth ranks since Spink, Hogan is filling Billy Clark's shoes very nicely. His scoring ratio increases by the season and he is a real threat with his pace.

Brandon Lewis YP03B - 28 apps, 7 goals

Brandon is another good, pacey prospect but will unfortunately always be in the shadow of Hogan. He is yet to make his league debut for us, but has proven himself useful on loan to Barnet in League 2.

Bert Wardley YP03C - 14 apps, 2 goals

Bert is another player who may struggle to break into the first team as we have several players of a reasonable level in our DM role. He's out on loan and will be monitored closely.

Ebby Mawer started with 4 tackling, so he needed some development time to get up to a decent level. All 7 apps have been for us, 3 of which in the Championship.

2018 Intake

Taylor Johnson YP04A - 47 apps

Taylor is the player with the highest potential in the squad - he's believed to have good Premier League potential. He's already our first choice (by far) and I hope he continues to develop as he has done so far.

Clive Knott YP04B - 88 apps, 3 goals

Knott is already our best central defender and has pretty much been ever present since coming through the intake

Another good CB prospect, Gary could become a regular in the future

Justin Roe YP04D - 29 apps

A centre back by trade, Justin is more likely to make an impact as a DM in my opinion, so is being trained and played there.

Ashley McBride YP04E - 25 apps, 13 goals

McBride is our 2nd choice TM and due to a few niggling injuries to Spink he's already been getting some game time and scoring goals to go with it.

Norman Allen YP04Z - 46 apps, 4 goals

Although not even tagged previously, Norman has become a regular in the side due to our lack of left-sided options. He scored the winner vs Notts County in the League 1 Play-off Final.

can you explain to me how you make money in the lower english leagues as bury town?

because my finance graph looks alot different :D

Only way I've made money is through doing well in the FA Cup 4 out of 5 seasons - prize money and gate receipts. Also playing at Wembley in the play-offs helps. If it weren't for this, in previous seasons I would have been losing around £30k a month!

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town 2019/2020 Season

A short and sweet update from me here. We set out to stay clear of the drop and we did so finishing 18th and points wise we were closer to the playoffs than relegation. We were poor in both cups, but the league was the priority this season. We're making good money now and got our junior coaching to excellent. Hopefully we can build on this season and push higher up the table.

In my second season with Chernomorets in Russia, I was hit with multiple injuries to my key players. Just over half way done and I'm now sitting in the relegation zone. I'm really hoping that I'll survive this season. For some reason, I've been having a hard time in second seasons. In this challenge I was relegated in Holland and Turkey, both in my second season.

Keep up the updates everyone, it makes for interesting reading!

CD Castellon - Liga BBVA - Season 2017-2018

Prediction: 20th

Final position: 5th and qualified for the group stages of the Europa League

Spanish cup: humiliated at the semi final by Real Madrid. 0-10 on aggregate

Games part 1

Games part 2

The fairytail continious.

The start of the season was very tough for Castellon. The first 4 games were against Villareal, Valencia (both rivals of us), Barcelona and Athletico Madrid. I feared to start with 0 points out of this 4 games, but actually drew against Villareal and Valencia and lost against Barca and Athletico.After this tough start we had an incredible run with 6 wins 4 draws and only 1 loss. We stayed in this positive flow until the game against Barcelona who defeated us badly. 8-0, this biggest defeat I've ever had in all off my FM years.The second half of the season wasn't as good as the first half, but we finished on an unbelievable 5th place.

The cup was also very good for us, but actually we didn't deserved to be in the semis. In the 2 rounds before we drew 4 four times, and only went trough because of our away goals. After losing the first leg of the semis with 4-0 I played the second leg mostly with back-up players. At that point I allready knew we were out, and I hoped to secure a European place, what eventually happened.

Youth intake: not as good as last year, but at least I had a DR and a MR for the very first time. I desperatly needed a back-up for this positions. I tagged 5 players.

José Carlos (YP5a): I don't play at the moment with an AMC, but you never know what will happen in the future.

Gabriel Salvat (YP5b). Again a striker and he will be loaned out to our feeder club.

Julio Martinez (YP5c). Also a year to our feeder club.

José Manuel Ferrer (YP5d). Will be retrained to a MR.

Juan José Viñias (YP5e): will be part of the senior team due to the fact he is only my second DR.

Youth and training facility will be upgraded.

Finally the stadium will be expanded with 8000 seats. After this we will be playing in a 24000 seater stadium.

Got my first 2 players in the U21 of Spain.

After our incredible season I got the award of manager of the year

This was an incredible season for us, but we have a lot of work to do when we want to compete with Barca and Real. We played 6 games against them and the final outcome was 6 defeats. Only manged to score 2 times, both against Real and we conceded 29 goals. Against all the other teams in the league we could get a result, but these 2 teams are from an other planet I think.

Aims for next season:

Enjoy our first entry in Europe.

Hopefully qualify again for Europe.

Have a better performance against Barca and Real.

Youth Players Watch:

Gustavsson YP03b : He jump into first squad after he join to team . Very good solid season for him im happy about that im disapointed that Bernhardsson with better stats play worst than him

Gustavsson YP03b : Very good season for this Young Defender Denninger got u19 Sweden calls but still is doing a lot of mistakes to let him play in first squad.

Forsman YP04d : Just amazing first season for him Im very glad for him

Rahimic YP02a : Rahimic sadly its probably last season in my club for him I dont think I would go proffesional and offer him profesional contract ...

Andersson YP03d : Andersson Andersson .... I wish he could progres better

Youth Intake :

Claesson YP05a

Abrink YP05b

Lindqvist YP05c

Forsberg YP05d

Rahim YP05e

Astrom YP05f

I dont like this intake at all Claesson is only one I think which can progres mby Rahim but who knows ... I really need DR and DL and GK Alm dont make any progres and he cant take of Max off. Rahim probably will leave me so its next headshot for me. My finances go ok but i cant turn proffesional or upgrate my fac only thing I did in this season and next one is that I get 2 trainers slots at last .

Next Season : Survive, improve youth lvl and junior coaching . ( Like allways ....)

Career :

Season 1-2

Season 3-4

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town Update

Ok, I've managed to get way ahead of myself here and I've completed another 3 seasons since my last update. Everything will be short and sweet.

Season 2020/21

League Table ~ Past Positions ~ Domestic Cups ~ Squad ~ Transfers ~ Finances ~ Facilities ~ Youth Intake

Luke Cornhill YP07A ~ Kenny Baldock YP07B ~ Andy Lewis YP07C ~ Aron Hopkins YP07D ~ Curtis Underwood YP07E

A great season for us as we turned ourselves into championship challengers. We managed to secure promotion to the Premier League elite via the play-offs after finishing 3rd and we managed to win the FA Cup for our first top level trophy and European football.

Season 2021/22

League Table ~ Past Positions ~ Domestic Cups ~ Europa League ~ Squad ~ Transfers ~ Finances ~ Facilities ~ Youth Intake

Victor Manuel YP08A ~ Charlie Parcell YP08B ~ John Reeve YP08C ~ Robbie Poole YP08D ~ Alan Guy YP08E

The 21/22 season was all about consolidation and we did it by the skin of our teeth on the final day! All other competitions took the back seat as Premier League took utmost priority and to be honest we did ok in Europe considering most of the team was made up of our U18/21 squads. I was excited to receive Victor Manuel into our academy who was touted as one of the best of his generation :D. I have no idea how he ended up at Bury, he was born in Madrid and had no prior connections but I certainly have no complaints! A real top class talent to develop here.

Season 2022/23

League Table ~ Past Positions ~ Domestic Cups ~ Squad ~ Transfers ~ Finances ~ Facilities ~ Youth Intake

Kenny French YP09A ~ Jody Preston YP09B

Uh oh. Our run of overachievement came to abrupt end this season as we were relegated back to the championship. We finished 2023 in the

worst form I've ever had on FM14, I barely count the win against Sheff Utd as they were sheerly diabolical. We had a real injury crisis up top and without Spink leading the line and a regular front 2 we struggled to find the net - a big problem considering we always concede a lot of goals. Our players are just not cut out for the level with many players Conference/League 2/League 1 standard still regulars. On the bright side, for the second season in a row we had a player who's rated amongst the best of their generation through our intake. Kenny French looks class and will be moulded into a full-back. The finances of the club are looking great, we've upgraded our youth recruitment for the first time and the facilities are ever-increasing and are going through another upgrade as we speak. It's time to re-group in the Championship after my first ever FM relegation

Smp20 Didnt you holidays your seasons ? Man you doing in England to fast bro imo . I dont wana judge and I guess its not a crime but your doing your seasons in England faster then anyone in dafuq and ri challenge.

Anyway nice job ! Your getting nice intakes here !

Game Status

I've only spent about 300 days on holiday and thats just the time between the end of the season and mid june, I like to think that's realistically when a manager would go on holiday :p. I can do a season in 6-8 hours, I'm quick! Very happy with my intakes, particularly the last two with Victor Manuel and Kenny French :)

League

Not a long update here, a fairly steady season trying to bridge the gap to the top 4. I have been involved in playoffs for the past 6 seasons now and we seem to struggle to perform well in both legs. The season started better this year and we were going strongly matching strides we teams in 2nd to 5th. Despite a small loss of form around the winter break, we managed to keep in touch and won all the games we were expected to, only suffering defeats to the heavyweights of Dutch football. This solid finish was enough to earn us a 6th place finish. That's out highest placed finish and best points total by 9.

Into the Euro Cup playoffs and we drew Roda. Both were exciting games and after winning the home leg 4-2, I thought all was well but we were brought down to earth with a 3-1 away defeat and another year without European football. We don't have a lot of squad depth yet but still would have liked a spin in Europe.

Cup

We managed to reach the Quarter finals of the Dutch cup, knocking out Ajax on the way, but we were outclassed by Vitesse who seem on a different level to us. Worryingly my lads don't seem great in important games.

Youth Intake

A couple of exciting strikers in this intake, who fit the player roles we use in our main formation. Also possibly a successor to Richard Stam!

Remco Hubers (YP11a) A pacey left back finally and a model professional with balanced attributes.

Toon Peters (YP11b) Will be my future deep lying forward, will need good progress on technical attributes,, has driven personality so that will help.

Mark Aloema (YP11c) Really pacey forward, hoping he progresses well.

Tagged players of note from last year

Arjan Thomassen (YP06a) Another solid year, awarded Dutch player of the year and managed 17 assists.

Max de Groot (YP08a) Became a starter this year and developed quickly, first high profile transfer target (Zenit offered 2.6M for him)

Jeffrey van Ommerman (YP10a) In last years intake, jumped straight in as he is the only pacey full back and performed well, will have long future at the club

Next season I really want us to go to next level and get European football. In other news we have expanded stadium to 14,000, got two feeder clubs which I am yet to see great benefits from and upgraded training and youth facilities again. So we are closing in on the big Dutch clubs. We are now ranked 9th in Holland.

o6rUlMx.png

Woonwagenkamp Emmen 2014/15 - Season 1

Facilities and finances

Manager profile and information

WKE (Woonwagenkamp Emmen (English: Emmen Trailer Park)) is a football club from Emmen in the Netherlands. WKE was founded on June 14, 1966 by residents of the local trailer park. The club won promotion to the hoofdklasse in 1981. Since 1981, WKE have been relegated to the Eerste Klasse in 1998 and 2004. WKE won the Sunday Hoofdklasse C title in the 2006-07 season and was nationwide amateur champion in 2008-09.

Most of their players have played for FC Emmen in their youth or are retired former professional football players.

A few transfers arranged before I took over the club. We're the only semi-professional team in Jupiler League and the squad is really small... let's see if we can survive.

I have a lot of catching up to do here, but reading the updates (good luck to those just joining and starting out!) and posting my own updates (multiple seasons behind).

Side note, just posted my 460 tactic in the tactics upload/download forum for those that were interested

Hey

I did a youth challenge on FM13 with a mate a little different to this, this year I look forward to doing this one.... I have decided to go for Italy. After waiting for a an extra month for C2A/B to get scheduled I finally realised Italy got reorganised lol. So now I have started again....

I have taken over Foligno who were in serie D (technically jumped 2 leagues)

They were in C2/B in 12/13 but got relegated. 13/14 season has no history as they were in Serie D (no info on game)

Here is my profile http://s12.postimg.org/f6aqxpcdp/Paul_Adams_Overview_Information.png

Here is my team http://s16.postimg.org/mhf2t0v1x/Foligno_Squad_Players.png

My team looks ok... mainly young players which I why I took them over

th?id=H.4786119540671174&pid=15.1

BK Olympic

SeaSon 16

League/ Winner

Swedish Cup / Runner Up

Champions League / 1st KO Round Ongoing

League Table

Another Successful League defense "Yawn"

Squad

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players

2 Great Season By him didnt expect it but very welcomed

1 Great season for the #1

Youth Candidates -

YP1

YP1A

YP1B

YP1C

YP2 Decided to leave on a free

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ Not a Great Year By him but have a young RB whos ready for the first team now

YP3A

YP3B

YP4 Stupid Chairman

YP4A Wouldnt sign a new contract

YP4B - Stupid Chairman

YP5

YP5A

YP5B

YP6A

YP6/ Great Year Until his broken leg :(

YP6B

YP7/ Smashing them in this season great year

YP7A -

YP8B/ My New RB currently out on loan in France

YP8A/ Great year by him

YP9/Great season by the young man

YP10/ Out on loan

YP10A/ is Back up for YP11A now

YP11/ Finally a season i have been wanting from him

YP11A/ Won the starting spot

YP12/ Great Season by him

YP13/ Not making he improvement i would of hoped for

YP14/ Great season plenty Assists

YP14A/ on the bench

YP15/ Improving alot will be soon in the 1st team

YP15A/ looking like a good prospect

YP15B Starting to look like an Exciting Winger

YP16/ Report Another Striker YP7 better watch his back

Champions League 1st KO Round

Champions League Group

Starting this soon - some good progress on her from what I've seen, so kutgw guys. Will be doing it in England as always, surely the hardest place to complete this challenge! Will probably be updating in more depth on the career updates forum, but will be regular in here too.

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town 2023/24

League Table ~ Past Positions ~ Domestic Cups ~ Squad ~ Transfers ~ Finances ~ Facilities ~ Youth Intake[/center]

A solid first season back in the Championship following our relegation from the Premier League. We ended up getting to the playoff final but lost to Brentford. We are really shaping up now with many good youngsters coming through the ranks.

Bury_Town_Crest.jpg

Bury Town 2024/25

T

his season we claimed our first league title since winning the Skrill North 10 years ago and while we were not great in the cups we are steadily developing as a club. Please note that the transfer in was Pip Young, a player from the same years youth intake who i must have offered a contract after the free transfer deadline. Simon Crace is said to have ''World Class Potential" so he will be a great addition to the squad. I got a bit ahead of myself so I missed a couple of screen shots this time around.

Chernomorets-Novoross..png

Chernomorets - Russian First Division - Second Season Update (2015-16)

My second season curse is finally lifted, survival at last! I was expecting a little better but I'm still happy. We've played some great football at times this season. We scored more and conceded less than last season but we still finished with the same amount of points; 48. Good enough for 13th place. We hit a rough patch of games mid-season where we went 8 without a win which dropped us from 7th to 18th. I had to rethink some of my tactical shouts and it payed off as we started climbing back into safety. One concern is our home form, we only took 23 points from home matches as opposed to 25 in away matches. That will have to change in upcoming seasons as we need to be tougher at home. On the players side of things, my starting eleven didn't change much. Some of the youngsters are starting to show that they deserve more minutes and I may have to make room for some of them soon. We are not doing well financially so I will have some difficult decisions to make concerning some of the high earners during the off season as we are now above our wage budget after getting a cut.

Last season's goals:

1) Score at least 55 goals in the league - Achieved, scored 55

2) Finish higher than 14th - Achieved, finished 13th

3) Improve finances (lost almost a million euros last season) - Achieved, mostly because of a takeover loan

Table

Squad

Transfers

Key Players

Aleksandr Kudryavtsev - Once again our best player this season. Team leader in goals, assists and PoM. What else can I say?

Stanislav Dyshekov (15a) - Very bright prospect that played and improved a lot this year. Started 19 matches this season, most of them on the left side as an Inside Forward and scored 9 goals. Was a bit inconsistent. Finding it tough to displace my first team striker(s) for him but that is where his future lays.

Timur Medyanskiy - An original youth player when I took over was the surprise of the season. Plays in Aleksandr Kudryavtsev's position so minutes in the first team were very limited. Only started 3 matches and had a bunch of short appearances at the end of games. He became somewhat of a super sub scoring 6 goals and adding an assist in his very limited playing time. He has great potential so I will have to find a way of getting him more minutes. Perhaps playing him in an MC role or even rethinking my tactics, we'll see...

Youth Intake

I'm very happy with my second youth intake with much needed depth added. I just wish I wouldn't have forgotten to register them this season. I tagged the first 6 players, here are the top 3:

Stanislav Lysendo 16a - He could become a key member of the squad in the near future. His preferred role is Half Back but could also be a ball playing D. His height is a bit of a concern so I will have to think about where he fits in best.

Sergey Frolov 16c - Could become a very good left winger, a position where no one has really made their own. Will definitely get a good look in the upcoming season.

Mikhail Zolotarenko 16b - He may become a good target man someday. Needs a lot of work. I'm not sure how I will fit him in as I'm not that good at incorporating the TM role in a tactics. No matter what, height is always welcome up front.

Goals for next season:

1) Bring down the wage bill under the budget

2) Win at least one Russian Cup match for the first time.

3) Collect at least 30 points from home matches in the league

We have made it into Europe!! A great season all round. We started with a 5-2 defeat away at PSV, but didn't dwell on it and went onto win the next 4 scoring 15 goals. This pattern repeated itself a few times, with a heavy defeat to a big team followed by us winning a few on the bounce. What was unusual for us was the lack of draws, it wasn't until game week 15 this occurred.

We were in much better form going into the winter break and also started the new year with three wins in a row. This kept us in the top 3, where we had stayed all year. We were fairly comfortable and qualifying for Europe seemed likely, however only 2 wins in the final 8 games made this a lot more stressful then I would have liked. The last game saw us in 5th place and needing a win, also hoping ADO Den Haag lost and thankfully this happened. I couldn't take another playoff disappointment.

So we automatically qualify for the EURO Cup group stages next year.

We made it to the Dutch cup Quarter finals again, but were disappointing in our 1-0 defeat to AZ.

Youth Intake

You wait 12 years for a goalkeeper and then two come along at once!! Really happy as we now have long term replacement and back up for the forseable future. Both have professional personalities which is a blessing as I have no one to tutor these guys.

Bernard Kremers (YP12a) Tall and strong keeper with the highest potential, will need lots of experience but as he is now our No1 keeper he will get it. Already interest from premier league clubs so definitely the real deal.

Tiago Fernandes (YP12b) My first foreign player, thanks to a Portuguese feeder club. Smaller but more agile than Kremers. I will most likely rotate these two equally as it is two early to decide, so I will let performances dictate.

Best Performers.

I will not spend two much time here as except for two players, performances was below par if anything. Our squad now has something like 12 regulars in Dutch international youth set up, however no one has made it to the senior team yet. I will include a bigger update next season after the European adventure.

Martin van Dalen. As I have said before now my best defender, received 7 POM awards and scored 4 goals, one of the few guaranteed a start every game

Arjan Thomassen (YP06a) Always contributes in each game and although slow by his standards scored 8 and assisted 15 this year. Eredivisie Young Player of the Year for the third time in a row!

Koos de Jong (YP07a) Our main goalscoring threat but an average rating of 6.92 for the year sums his season up (14 goals, 32 apps)

Tony van Thiel (YP07b) A good year for this lad and he needs to keep performing as some youth players are almost ready to take his spot.

I must leave a special mention to my last surviving original player who amassed 454 league appearances for us. Goalkeeper Colin Van Eijk.

Summary.

I have never had a team play in Europe on Football manager, so this is a new experience for me. I expect our squad depth to be a problem but it will give lots of young players experience. I hope to make it of the group but don't really know how we measure against Rubin, OM or Red Bull Salzburg.

Alrighty then!

I don't know if some of you remember me or not, but I tried this challenge a couple of times, in 11 and 12, both times with Algeciras, both times getting to the Spanish 1st Division but not getting to Europe or anything else, 20-odd seasons later.

This attempt with FM14 may fail spectacularly, mostly due to the fact that I have played a few dozen hours with both 13 and 14 combined, I stayed with 12 all these years, so this is both an attempt to move on from FM12, and to get more acquainted to this new edition.

logo.png

Pam pam, orellut!

My team of choice is Castellón, of course! As a Vila-real native, I'd usually try to stay away from this club, but seeing them in the Third Division and the local rivalry being gone is rather sad (in real life), so I'll try to get them up there and relive the Villarreal-Castellón rivalries :)

Manager's Profile - Don't hold me to it, I was simply watching HBO and the name for the manager just came to mind :D

Club's Info and League History

Finances - A quarter million Euro is not too shabby for a team in Segunda B, I just hope we keep it in our first season. My experience in lower leagues tells me we'll be in the red soon. Oh well.

Squad 1 and 2 - Big squad, lots of good players and young good ones too, so we'll try to keep them while we build the Youth system!

Our Division - We'll have to deal with four 1st Division "B" teams (Elche, Valencia, Villarreal, Espanyol, which really annoys me, since you usually see big players there, but our goal this (and in the next few) seasons is survival, so not much harm there. We'll focus on getting the points out of the matches we can win.

Off we go!

Sanno11 My save crashed after half of 6 season where I lost Rahimic and Frosman just carry my team alone to lower half of table . Unlucky I couldnt do anything to do with my save I need to start again .... But dunno where ;(

Hey Guys

As stated earlier I have just started this and have taken over Foligno (Italy)

foligno_calcio_2_logo_primary.jpg

It hasn't been an easy season. I am currently 19th from 20. Thankfully 20th is guaranteed relegation then think there is some kind of relegation playoff 16-19.

I have got up to youth intake and thought I would post.

Intake looks decent, especially as I now have a proper left back and a left winger (had to use right winger and cb to fill in all season).

I have changed my tactics a few times just to find something to suit. My home pitch has been very wide and I haven't got any proper wingers, or even attacking fullbacks.

I am now using a flat 433 which works well away but home is going to be a prob until I can change the pitch shape.

I am hoping in a few years my tactics will be sorted better once my intake players come through.

http://s18.postimg.org/4wgoyl5dl/Foligno_Youth_Candidates_Squad_Players_2.png

foligno_calcio_2_logo_primary.jpg

Never has the word PHEWWWW ever been so apt. Go into relegation playouts after finishing 19th in poor form mainly due to playing the top sides. League finishes and I got Bellaria who were the worst defensive unit (some going considering how bad mine was) but were also the highest placed side in relzone. First leg at home I managed to get away with a 2-1 win despite going behind. Go into the away game and found myself 3-0 down at ht.. the words WTF and oh balls were said... after an aggressive teamtalk my main striker with 8 goals spurred into action and ran the show, scoring 1, setting up another and also scoring a goal wrongly ruled offside. End result 3-3 winning 5-4 on aggregate.

Seasons Review

Happy to get it out of the way. Board expected to stay clear of relegation and I managed it so happy days.

Some youth players given chances including new intake. Got about 4 players good enough for the league which I am really hoping I can keep and build my team around. Really struggled to get a formation going until late on but will change it again once my wingers get better and play more.

One plus side is my board have accepted most my requests like more coaches and feeder club.

Next season I am not expecting miracles. It will be great to stay out of the relegation playouts but I doubt it.

Here are some links

Final match: http://s17.postimg.org/tfoc793y7/Bellaria_v_Foligno_Overview_Overview_2.png

Transfers: http://s24.postimg.org/7f0tr2b8l/Foligno_Transfers_Transfer_History.png

League Table: http://s11.postimg.org/3lg70oo7n/Italian_Serie_C1_B_Overview_Stages.png

1st Season youth intake players (tagged players with 4star potential or more)

YP01a http://s23.postimg.org/fyibpqc3v/YP01a_Rosario_Laureto_Overview_Attributes.png

YP01b http://s27.postimg.org/ad7w354wj/YP01b_Paolo_Gallino_Overview_Attributes.png

YP01c http://s24.postimg.org/7s1eoq89x/YP01c_Agostino_Napolitano_Overview_Attributes.png

YP01d http://s27.postimg.org/kbxg3d3pv/YP01d_Enrico_Piccolroaz_Overview_Attributes.png

YP01e http://s11.postimg.org/qvucwd0nn/YP01e_Renzo_Menculini_Overview_Attributes.png

YP01f http://s13.postimg.org/bdd9qv1zb/YP01f_Ivan_Parodi_Overview_Attributes.png

P.S. I don't know how to have the words (YP01a) as the link sry

logo.png

Pam, pam, orellut! 14/15

• Segunda B

We started the season with a squad deep and talented enough to survive our first year in the Segunda B, and our team responded as expected. The crowd did just as well, with an average attendance of over 10,000 (out of 16,000 possible), by far the biggest one in the group. We have a big city behind us and that will prove useful later on, I hope.

Even though we alternated good and bad form runs, we were only in relegation spots in four out of the 38 matches, and we even enjoyed a few weeks in the Top 10. Eventually we settled in the lower end of the table, but with plenty of points ahead of the relegation playoff spot, which gave us a good 10 matches to play our youngsters, which was great. We finished almost 20 points ahead of relegation spots and a great end of the season, with a win against Villarreal B (3-0).

• Copa del Rey

We did not play it due to having been just promoted.

• The day after the season is over, I get called for a meeting with the board.

- At the beginning of the season, they asked us to avoid relegation, which I did. BY 20 POINTS.

- We were predicted 16th. I finished 15th.

The meeting was about "the team's poor form", and the chairman asked me why the team was doing so poorly. Since there was no "Are you kidding me, I have done everything that was asked of me,", I simply asked "for more time,"

They just sacked me.

Not a great FM14 start for me. I finally get started playing this game, I do great for the first season, and they sack me anyway. I don't understand anything right now.

I may try with another team but at this point, I don't know. I don't want the same to happen again. I'm just confused and pissed off.

Career

Season          League                     League Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15         Segunda B - Group III      15th               Met the goals, got sacked anyway.

Twellman that is so unlucky there, hope your next attempt is a bit kinder! I've been on holiday for a few days hence the lack of updates as normal. Will get on that soon :p

Archived