ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

brugi82 is so dumb i got like 4k for salaries in first season now i got 2,7 nad i cant hold my players in team everyone stole them ;/ England is so dumb

Yeah, I know what you are saying... That is the reason I failed my first 2 attempts...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drown league back s2 in premier make me relegation i need get 9 poits in 5 matches if i want stay in job ;p But srsly I dont have any chance for that since i lose so many players ... this england ;p

Holly moly I give up i dont even try to save Bury Town . Losing so many players staff and salary budget is just stupid to do something, better start challenge again . Damm I wish i dont lost my wealdstone save with Kingston ;/ I dunno if i try 3 time in england or i just try in sweden now (coz season is shorter and i dont have much time right now )

Would love to know which bit is bugged because to me its just the wording not how it actually works.

When you request Youth setup category upgrade and board accepts it, you never get another message saying that it was upgraded/canceled. Just had same issue with FC United. Have category 0 and asked board to upgrade it in July. They said it will be done at the end of that season and nothing ever happened...

I know that you managed to upgrade it, but that was when you become professional team. I guess that this year they had a lot of problems and bugs with semi-professional teams...

I had an ongoing save on the Skrill North, because i ****ing love love LLM and can't play in big teams for start without getting bored, and decided to apply this challenge's rules. I got fired from Havant & Waterlooville on Xmas in my first season there (altough i got them into EPL on FM 2013), then holidayed for two years until got an interview from North Ferriby. I've just finished my first season there and it was awful, i'm failing hard on understanding the new tactics system, the team is almost 1 million euros negative now, my reputation is not high enough, nor is my wage budget, to attract any decent player so i could not contract a single fellow this year.

So i decided this challenge might save my club. I will not hire anymore and follow this challenge's rules, even though i haven't started with the proper config. I'm starting the season 2016/2017 with North Ferriby and from now on i'm following the rules. I have 2 youth i have already tagged, my financial situation is awful so i can't upgrade the facilities like some of you guys did with FC United. It's gonna be tough, i will most likely get sacked, but i'm giving this a shot. If i get sacked i intend to holliday a new save following the rules from the start and i'll try to get North Ferriby once again because i developed a connection with this side.

I will post pics later. Also i feel comforted knowing that there's people that like to tryhard with FM this much like i do. I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, i'm actually from Brazil.

See ya

FC United - Season 2 Review (2015/2016) - Skrill North

FC_United.png

League Table | League Positions | Transfers

Competitions

Skrill North - 3rd

FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 1st round

Season Review

Well this will be season to remember... Bur for all the wrong reasons...

I experimented a lot in preseason and I was still not set with my formation when season started... After 4 points from first 3 games, I decided to give 4-2-3-1 a go. Everything clicked and we started to win. Our striker was scoring at will and defense was impenetrable and soon not only that we went on top, we scored the most and conceded least goals in the league. Around new year we were dominating team with 40+ goals scored, 16 conceded. 13 points MORE than 2nd placed team.

And it all fell apart. Our star striker (scored 16 in 20 games) scored 1 goal in next 20 games. Our defense leaked and suddenly 2-3 goals in our net was the average... Other teams were pretty poor too and no-one could overtake us from top spot. Well that was until 4 games to go. Even after that if we won only 1 game, we would be champions but form was terrible. 1 win in last 10 league games... So we would go to promotion playoffs. First leg saw us battle to 2-2 against Guisley with our AMC scoring 2 goals after 8 games without finding the net. Rematch was our strikers day. He scored 1 goal since New Year, but he scored hat trick which led us to promotion finals 5-3 agg result. Finals against Southport... Team played decent, but we were losing 2-1. 92nd minute. Desperate cross from our winger. Michael Love (YP 01E) wins a header, but shot is very weak. Their keeper won't have problem with this shot... Wrong :) Ball hits him in his hand and rolls into goal! Extra time. Corner for our team in 102nd minute. Ball falls near the goal line and their defender is free to clear it. BUT he hits his team mate in his back and ball rolls into goal :D 3-2 and promotion!

Youth Intake

Probably the worst intake I had in this challenge.

Aaron Pearce (YP 02A) - Good pace but everything else is so poor... So many 1s... Rated only as Skrill North striker.

Lewis White (YP 02B) - I doubt that he will get a chance in first team. Our main right winger is 22 and his backup is much better prospect from first intake.

Youth player watch

Nathan Woodcraft (YP 01A) - Main choice at left winger spot. He is starting to show his league 2 talent.

Malachi Selfe (YP 01F) - Starter at RB spot. He is more build like a CD, but his jump is priceless.

Michael Love (YP 01E) - He was our only scoring outlet in second part of season. Scored 12 goals including 1 in promotion finals.

Miscellaneous

Board accepted to upgrade youth facilities and it is scheduled to start at the end of this season.

Goals from previous season

Improve. Achieved - finished 3rd

Upgrade training or youth facilities. Achieved. Youth facilities upgraded.

Have a cup run. Failed. After good win against Skrill North leaders at that time in 2nd qualifying round, we lost against 8th tier team in next round at home...

Give youths some playing time. Achieved. 4 of them are starters/close to be starters.

Goals for next season

Survive. Difficulty curve is so steep in Premier. Just survive.

Upgrade something.

Shanks and Braumiller do you have any tips for Sweden ? Im allready after first season but i think i will add post from 2 seasons in one .

My only advice would be that if you have a youth that you know will be a large part of your future, play him, play him, play him.

Lower levels in Sweden have a low amount of games, so you rarely have mid week games or fixture congestion, so not much forced rotation. So play the kid and help him progress.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 16 Review (2029)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Swedish Premier League : 1st - Results

Swedish Cup : Group Stages

Europa League : Quarter Finals

Champions League : Group Stages

Season Review

Well that was quite the eventful season! We started off with a long preseason of friendlies as we became accustomed to a new formation. They went great, as did our initial knockout round in the Europa Cup, beating PSV 8-4 on aggregate. However, overall our form was very unconvincing, although we flattered ourselves by grabbing victories in the important games. We won the Swedish Super Cup, then beat Slovan Bratislava in the Second Knockout Round of the Europa Cup, but we had a disastrous showing in the Swedish Cup group stages, losing two and drawing one against much lower opposition. It was here I went on a constant tactical tweaking spree for the whole first half of the season. Again, for the most part we were picking up results, but we were not performing how we should. Then just after a mini mid-season break and after a 0-1 loss to Helsingborg, we finally settled on what I think will be our permanent tactic going forward. We sacrificed our wingers, and settled on a narrow 442 (or 41212). From here our league form sky-rocketed and we are actually still on an 18 game unbeaten streak going all the way back to that Helsingborg loss. Only two of my squad were pure wingers / widemen, with the others playing there but having natural central positions, so it is not sacrificing too much, plus it makes it a LOT easier to train the upcoming youths for a few positions where they can easily cover for each other, instead of spreading the positions all over the park.

We are now extremely dangerous going forward (we did not score less than 2 goals in the 18 game league streak) and we are definitely taking advantage of our attack biased intakes of the previous decade.

Before the tactical decision, we were knocked out of the Europa Cup at the quarter final stage by Monaco. Very happy with our progress to this stage.

In the Champions League, we were drawn against PSG (currently highest rep team in the world), Inter and Celtic. My initial target of gaining our

first win in the competition was upgraded to finishing 3rd and a Europa Cup knockout spot. We started off great, drawing at home to PSG and then picking up our first Champions League win away at Celtic 2-0. We then stunned Inter 1-0 at our place. Predictable losses away to PSG and Inter set up an intriguing match day 6 in our group. Beat Celtic and we qualify for the Champions League knockout stages. Draw and we qualify for at least the Europa Cup knockout stages. Lose and we finish last. Standings

Well, we fell behind 0-1 early but equalized close to HT. And then, in the 79th minute Celtic broke our hearts with a decisive counter attack to score what turned out to be the winner! So bottom of the group, and it turned out even a draw would have got us 2nd place!!

Still, progress was made even though we finished bottom of the group with 7 points. The 2m from 2 wins and a draw wasn't bad either!

Youth Intake

Not good, not good at all. One tagged, a decent looking goalkeeper. This intake was my HOYD's final one. I had been toying with finding a new HOYD for a season or two and this intake made that decision. My old HOYD had an attacking bias and the intakes showed this, with very few decent defensive positioned player of good potential coming through. So I have found a new guy who is defensive minded and we will see if anything changes!;

Nader Barahouei (YP 16A) - A good potential keeper, but will be hard pushed to see first team action. Still, saying his surname without smiling is impossible!

"Frolunda Five"

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Oscar is progressing exactly as hoped. He is now a first team regular and dictates play nicely from the middle of the park. A record assists total for him this year for Frolunda and also led the league in assists.

Ludvig Johnson (10C) - What. A. Season!

Johan Friman (YP 15A) - Thought I would include Johan even though he rarely played. Once the league was won, I played him in a handful of games for experience and what an impact! Still very raw, he has shown a keen eye for goal and I am hoping that a season of increased sub appearances and occassional starts will help spur his progression.

Christopher Oskarsson (YP 4B) - Oskarsson had a renaissance this year. After being pushed out of first choice DC status in recent season, he took advantage of early season injuries and re-established himself in the line-up.

Robbin Petersson (YP 14A) - Another who took advantage of early season injuries to stake a place in our matchday squads. Saw a lot more starts than anticipated and rarely let me down. Is now pushing for the starter role at DM.

Miscellaneous

I think this season will be the one we look back on and determine that this was when we settled ourselves down as the big fish in the Swedish pond. I feel very good about the squad as it is currently, although the youth prospect pool is currently a little thin. Hoping a new HOYD will help rectify that within a couple of years.

With this years Champions League money, I have been able to get the board to upgrade both training and youth facilities again for the 3rd year in a row. Add to that a youth recruitment upgrade (finally!! Now 'above average') and an expensive stadium expansion (4,000 seats being added to our too small new stadium of 1 year - takes us to 14,154 capacity. Only 19 more years until we can build a new one.....)

Season 17 (2030) Goals

* Challenge for Swedish League and Cup

* Progress from Champions League group

* Continue pushing facility updates through

Trophy Cabinet

Champions League                 - 
Europa League                    - 
Swedish Premier League           - 2029, 2028, 2026
Swedish First Division Elite     - 2019
Swedish First Division South     - 2017
Swedish Regional Second Division - 2014
Swedish Cup                      - 2026
Swedish Super Cup                - 2029, 2027

Great defence of the title Braumiller, that's a very healthy gap to second place. You were Agonisingly close to qualifying from that group, great experience though.

I hope the new HOYD brings you a new era of Frolunda talent.

Thanks, I think the points difference last year has caused a few raised expectations, mine included. 1/3 of the way into next season and it is going to be a lot tougher to repeat than I anticipated.

Add to this Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) has just chatted to me about wanting to move to a bigger club, and I promised him the title this year to placate him, and things could escalate quickly.

terence123470, good luck!

Thanks, I think the points difference last year has caused a few raised expectations, mine included. 1/3 of the way into next season and it is going to be a lot tougher to repeat than I anticipated.

Add to this Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) has just chatted to me about wanting to move to a bigger club, and I promised him the title this year to placate him, and things could escalate quickly.

terence123470, good luck!

Thanks, mate. Just want to know that how you upgrade your youth recruitment cause I am unable to upgrade them.

Thanks, mate. Just want to know that how you upgrade your youth recruitment cause I am unable to upgrade them.

Youth Recruitment is the hardest facility to upgrade, and it feels as though the opportunities to update are triggered by events (winning something) or milestones (achieving European qualification). I have only been able to upgrade twice in 16 seasons so far, and my 'above average' is as high as I was able to get it in last years challenge until I won the Champions League.

Junior Coaching is the easiest to get highest, quickest and that will directly affect the current abilities of the youths you receive, meaning they will be closer to first team ready when they appear.

Just took a closer look at the table in my game in this new season.

The top 5 are performing outstandingly at home. We are a combined W26, D4, L0 at home. Steal an away win against one of them and it will go a long, long way in the league this year it seems. Of course, lose at home against one of them and.......

Youth recruitment is tied directly to club reputation. Upgrading training & youth facilities improves your reputation too, so that's why you probably noticed that... I upgraded both training & youth facilities with my FC United save, but still can't upgrade youth recruitment... My reputation is still too low.

Braumiller Congrats on another title! I have a feeling that you will make a "next step" soon and progress to CL knockout stages.

brugi82, toon, aha makes sense.

With the triggers being certain reputation levels/scores, then upgrading facilities or winning competitions causing rep increases all meshes together.

After winning the Champions League in FM13, that opened up a new YR upgrade possible and then also a new option for Feeder Club along the lines of 'increases the chances of this clubs regions youths entering your youth system'.

Swedish Flash from 2 seasons :) Enjoy !

Youth Intake : (Forgot screen but you can see in u18 coz I didnt have any players there)

Gronvall YP01a

Larsson YP01b

Lund YP01c

Gustavsson YP01d

Larsson YP01e

Wenell YP01f

Nilsson YP01g

Gronvall YP01h

Siiminski YP01i

Arestam YP01j

Youth Players Watch:

Gronvall YP01a : I dont know what to think about him he got potential he got skills but every match i let him play hi fails to much mby send him on loan

Larsson YP01b : Great season 13 goals in league let us be at first place

Gustavsson YP01d : Nice season , he made some very important points!

Youth Intake :

Rahimic YP02a

Arestam YP02b

Sehlstrom YP02c

Dahlstrom YP02d

Jensen YP02e

Persson YP02f

Persson YP02g

Karlsson YP02h

Johnsson YP02i

Janestedt YP02j

Torstensson YP02k

Petkovic YP02l

Good intakes Larsson from 1 with Gustavsson let us win league and 3 first players from second intake will probably join first squad Rahimic is amazing striker but I prefer them FAST not STRONG :p

Next Season : Survive, improve youth lvl and junior coaching .

Career :

BK Olympic

BCK.png

SeaSon 10

League/ Winner

Swedish Cup / Winner

Champions League / Ongoing

League Table

Great Season by the retained the title for a 3rd year running we are becoming the dominant force in Sweden Malmo WHO!!!!

Debt Free

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players -

4 Still my top goalie but will be pushed for a starting place

1 Injurys did not help him this season just as he was getting some form he take a knock and be out for a few weeks

2 Well looks like someone stepped up when i needed him to

3 Very good season by him and 2 caps for Sweden meaning he has very bright future at BKO

Youth Candidates -

YP1

YP1A / Back Up CB/RB now but play more games due to injurys

YP1B

YP1C

YP2 Injurys took there toll on him this season with very limited games

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ Very Steady FB

YP3A/ still my best DM always protecting my defense

YP3B

YP4/ Great Season by him hopefully i will be able to hang on to him

YP4A Wouldnt sign a new contract

YP4B/ Great Season plenty assists

YP5/ lack of games is not helping his development but will not go on loan anywhere

YP5A/ lack of games for him

YP5B

YP6/ Promoted to the 1st team for next season

YP6A/ played plenty of games but needs a bit more experiance

YP6B

YP7/ Will be starting next season

YP7A/ will be starting CM next season

YP8/ Good prospect considering the lack of full backs i have

YP8A/Been Awesome in the U19s

YP8B/ Lookimg good so far hope he improves more next season

YP9/Gave him his debut early and he cemented his place in my 1st team

YP10/ Report Another CB i think i will be fine for this position for a few seasons

YP10A/ Report Young Holding Midfielder will probably be a sub but you never know

Champions League Last Seasons QTR Final

1 Feckin Man Utd

Champions League Group

1 Mind Blowing Start

My Career Stats So Far

Cheers Sn00gle. Been following this thread for abit, it's been exciting seeing everyone's progress. And I've been eager to try a yth challenge for the past couple of FM's without ever getting round to it.

My choices are Spain & Norway. Shorter seasons in Norway a bonus, I know how things work and I'm pretty much obsessed with the place. But Spain is pulling me slightly, never managed their but follow Spanish football. :S

Truro City FC - Season 17/18

Truro-city-football-club.png

League

Another "meh" season. I never really felt close to getting relegated despite being safe by only 10 points. Not much to say except that I feel that we are much better than what the league table shows.

Cups:

Also disappointing. Went out in the 1st round vs L2-team York in the FA cup and lost vs Tonbridge from Skrill south in the FA trophy.

Top players: Squad stats

1. Andy Burke (14D): He just keeps scoring. 24 league goals and I have to say that I am very surprised about how well he's doing. The only way is up with his potential.

2. Gary Croft (15A): He's a reliable "cleaner" playing as a defensive midfielder. Also a leader.

3. Mark Ratcliffe (15B): Now my best defender. Very important

4. Rob Holt (18C): A solid season from Holt who doesn't look out of place at this level. He only played 24 games from start though and I guess that shows how few standout-performers we had this year.

5. Clint Ritchie (15G): 18 goals from him this season but to be honest I'm starting to lose faith in him because he's not developing as I wish.

Youth intake

The highlight of the season. I really like my current HOYD who just keeps delivering. :)

Elliott Francis (19A): A promising goalkeeper already best in my club. He will be a starter next season no doubt.

Carlos Brown (19B): Not the best potential but because of his current ability he will hopefully be a reliable backup for the right-back position. My best rightback Lewis Mitchell sadly gets injured a lot.

Aaron Bale (19C): A very nice prospect. Because of his current ability he will play an important role next season already.

Kenny Hay (19D): Wow. One of the two most exciting prospects in this intake together with Phillips. Passing, creativity, work rate and physical attributes. The only downsides are that he's not a natural at CM yet and his low stamina.

Evgenios Oikonomidis (19E): Longest name of the draft award goes to... Well, he's promising but will need to be retrained as a MC.

Daniel Phillips (19F): 9 finishing and 10 composure. Already rated at 5 (!) stars by my assistant and as you can see he scored 4 goals in 7 games this season already. Retraining as striker.

Colin Cox (19G): A very fast striker. Not much room for him at the moment though.

Best previously tagged youth-players:

1. Ethan Minturn (17C): A solid season but it looks like he won't be a started much longer if Hay and Bale perform as they can.

2. Ben Bradshaw (17D): Good season by him. I never get scared when my goalkeeper makes a short-pass to him which is a good sign.

Misc.

No improvements regarding the finances. I really need a cup-run. No upgrades either.

Previous goals:

* Safe mid-table finish. Failed

* Have a run in the FA-cup Failed

* Upgrade youth facilities or youth recruitment network Failed

Next season:

Same goals.

* Safe mid-table finish

* Have a run in the FA-cup

* Upgrade youth facilities or youth recruitment network

Comprehensive Review Rot-Weiss Essen 2021/22

Relegated from the Bundesliga

Well, as mentioned a while back I suffered my maiden relegation on FM on any series and in truth I saw it coming. Heavy defeats at the beginning of the season indicated I was going to struggle. Mid season we picked up a bit and managed to flirt with safety however the power of the top half of the Bundesliga proved too much and I was dealt my feat on the penultimate game of the season. Therefore after a months sabbatical from the save and relative success with Ajax on another save I've decided to return to finish what I started. A chance to reflect and the developers to release the latest patch prompted me to return. However A comprehensive save and squad update is provided, even if just to clear up certain things in my head so even if you all ignore it, certainly will be worth it in my mind! To make it easier on the eye I thought I'd discuss each area of my game in sub sections.

The Boardroom

Despite suffering relegation I've kept my job by the skin of my teeth. The board only expect comfortable mid table this season, I'm hoping to bounce straight back and this should be achievable if my tactics work out.

Finances report a cool £22,000,000 in the bank, a steady fan base and relatively low wages despite coming down from the top tier means this shouldn't be a worry. The board are always ready to back me with improving facilities and I now boast great youth and training facilties with superb standard on their way. Junior coaching is exceptional and is now starting to show in the quality of my youth intake. The one that knarks me is the ever evasive Youth recruitment. I need to improve the reputation of the club to get that going.

Meet The Squad

Goalkeepers

Mirco Bruckner

Hans-Peter Ritterbach

Discussion

Mirco Bruckner was given the gloves last season, despite Ritterbach having the higher PA. I just could not afford to place someone so inexperienced between the sticks. However after relegation to a much lesser standard. Ritterbach will take over the number one jersey and make up for lost time progression wise - as that's what this challenge is all about.

Left Full Backs

Patrick Herzog

Phillip Steinhart

Discussion

Left back picks itself, Herzog starts, Steinhart is the last player at my club to have played for any other team. I forgot to renew one youth team left backs contract who would have been a good back up. Never mind.

Right Full Backs

Tim Gerhardt

Discussion

Again, picks itself, only really one player who naturally plays this position. If injured or suspended, a couple of my centre halfs can fill in there if needed.

Centre Backs

Tekin Kilicarslan

Bilgin Ozeren

Tim Breuer

Stefan Klaus

Discussion

Never quite sure who to pick out of the first three for the two places at centre half. I like to play a Left and Right footed combination with at least one relatively quick one. however my two best are Right footed. The emergence of Stefan Klaus out of thin air and left footed could solve this issue. I have a bit of a beast just been signed to the youth team aswell. I think my two starting centre halves to start the season will be Breuer and Ozeren.

Left Wingers

Birkan Korkut

Discussion

A right foot only player playing on the left hand side as no other alternative. Did well on the original patch. Being retrained to be either footed to be more effective.

Right Wingers

Stefan Zander

Discussion

Went off the boil last season after a number of good seasons with a high amount of assists. Perhaps the Bundesliga was a step too high. More pace needed on the wings.

Central Midfielders

Kai Nakowitsch

Wolfgang Knieps

Sebastien Zimmerman

Tom Frohlich

Hans-Gunter Knappman

Goran Rebic

Discussion

A little top heavy in this section, Kai Nakowitsch is the stand out player, one of a two that are not regens he came through the youth academy. Knieps emerged as a better alternative to the once invaluable Gunter-Knappman. He is young fresh and likes to get forward. Knappman would be placed in the reserves were it not for the fact he can cover Left wing. Zimmerman is the brightest prospect in this department currently, he is playing second fiddle to Nakowitsch. Frohlich is the latest graduate and should push Knieps for his place this season. Rebic is a graduate that isn't even tagged just in for squad depth as he doesn't kick up a fuss about not playing. Will probably be moved to reserves in the near future.

Forwards

Can Yayla

Zekeriya Baskan

Reiner Baumann

Christopher Wolf

Discussion

The ever iconic Can Yayla, as per Zander went off the boil last season, he was starved of service in truth and spent most of his time helping the team out defensively. Looking forward to a better goals return from him this season. Baskan, arguably the second best player at the club behind Yayla, frustrates me greatly because I like to play 4-5-1 and pack out the midfield but I just can't drop this guy considering the pace he has. Baumann and Wolf are back up and that's all they ever will be.

The Backroom Staff

Ilija Avacic - Assistant Manager

Laurent Bonadei - Head Of Youth Development

Ludovic Delporte - Under 19s Manager

Ivan Amaya - Under 19s Assistant Manager

Discussion

The lack of domestic coaches means I have quite a diverse cultural backroom team, The first team coaches, fitness coaches and goalkeeping coaches also add to this diversity. However I'm pleased with the overall quality of coaching at the club. Bonadei perhaps being the most important, I have been quite ruthless with HoYD position in the past, unless something too good to turn down comes up, he will be given two intakes to prove his worth.

EDIT: Steam screenshots has just crashed. Youth prospects will be uploaded when this is fixed.

Gundo actually Norway is not able yet in this challenge so your choice is simple :)
Yeah just seen this. :(
Gundo Spain is interesting and very difficult choice. Promotion from third tier is hell and even when you get promoted, secunda division is challenge by itself.
Sounds like a big challenge in Spain then. Having played FM/CM series for years, the biggest trophies I've won have been the norwegian league & Cup. I have taken teams from the lower reaches of English & Norwegian leagues all the way to the top flight. Am I crazy wanting to try this, having had no real huge success and after being sacked after relegation latest save ! I just want one save to keep me going until FM15. :D

Yeah just seen this. :(Sounds like a big challenge in Spain then. Having played FM/CM series for years, the biggest trophies I've won have been the norwegian league & Cup. I have taken teams from the lower reaches of English & Norwegian leagues all the way to the top flight. Am I crazy wanting to try this, having had no real huge success and after being sacked after relegation latest save ! I just want one save to keep me going until FM15. :D

Its huge especially Spain but that's whats so good about it you take your team from nothing to world beaters. I use to be swapping team every season because i just got bored but now since this challenge i haven't done anything but this apart from LLR Big Euro Challenge which was good but not hard enough i manged to complete that on FM12 in Season 2017/18 in Germany with Wuppertal

9k8qpi.jpg

2028/29

League - After celebrating our promotion from League 2 the lads didn't have any hangovers going into the new season. Obviously we were expecting a relegation scrap but I soon realised things were going to go a little better than that and we were in a promotion scrap. We never really looked like automatic promotion contenders but we finished in 3rd to grab our spot in the upcoming playoffs. I didn't hold out much hope having not made it through the playoffs a few times before.

Playoff Semi - Taking a lead into the 2nd leg home match gave us the confidence to go out and put on a show. We cruised through to the final 7-3 on aggregate.

Playoff Final

We wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

A 2-0 win sees us grab the most unexpected promotion of my career and we are promoted to the Championship! No one can quite believe it including myself.

Youth Intake - No one great in this intake but hopefully some players capeable of making it as squad players.

I haven't asked for any upgrades currently and my youth recruitment is still Fairly Basic! Surely we don't have to win a trophy to improve this? I am hoping a few more training ground upgrades might improve our reputation enough.

Clean Transfers

IJsselmeervogels Season 5 & 6 reviews (2018/2020)

IJsselmeervogels.png

Season 5

[League] [Squad Stats] [Transfers]

A season to forget, a big let down and step backwards. We started averagely and then went downhill. I think I was too negative tactically and the opposition took advantage. I think knowing I was relatively safe from relegation by mid season definitely played a part in this poor year. I was perhaps to reliant on youth but this decision has been proved successful in following season (update to follow).

Near the end of season we settled on a new tactic that was based on something we used in first season, essentially allowing our best assets to shine and requiring hard work from everyone else. The lack of familiarity was perhaps the cause of some poor results but we stuck with it and as next year will show, it paid off.

League position = 15th

Dutch Cup = Fourth Round (Lost to PSV)

Youth Intake

Apologies this is just U19 squad three players of quality at the top. Part of the reason for tactic change was depth in centre midfield, so these to lads got involved straight away. Not bad overall, it seems I get one or two decent players a year so, my squad is filling out a bit now.

Kenneth Mulder (YP05a) Not a great passer but has the potential to be a good player in this division

Dusko Subotic.

Nick Schaap Is being retrained as we are now using narrow formation.

This is short review, put off writing it up to play next season and I am glad I did, season 6 is complete and update will follow shortly.

Right one last thing before I get started then I will stop with the questions.:o

Just regarding Spansih 'B teams; they are just classed as reserve teams right (as in England) so I can move players between them and the first team freely? I have already changed the handle player sales instruction, so they won't be able to make any unexpected signings!

IJsselmeervogels.png

Season 6

[League] [Squad Stats] [Transfers]

A really good season and thoroughly enjoyable. I guess I was a bit gutted how it ended, but being realistic another year like that will be fun and good for the youngest players.

We started with a draw and loss but the player movement and the chances we created were so much more dangerous I knew we had something. A five game win streak and we had qualified for play-offs by winning period 1! So I thought regardless of results now we could relax. However the team kept on performing and we found our selves Top (League position graph). I honestly didn't know what to do, at some points we were 7 points clear. In the end the free scoring former Eredivisie team GA Eagles caught us and with their goal difference being far superior, took top spot. Our home form was the real weakness in our run in, however that is only a small complaint.

So we went into the play-offs in round two, knowing two wins would guarantee promotion.

First Leg

Second leg

Mixed feelings, already reeling from how close the league was, we were 2-0 down, before we started playing. I guess I can take in on the chin, with a few decent players in youth intake and several players still under 19, another successful year in the Jupiler league will do them good. It's hard to be disappointed because of how much better we were this season, overall feeling of optimism.

I must mention my striker Richie Barroilhet, who was joint top scorer with 23 league goals and my star player Donny van Bergen with 7 goals and 21 assists (a league record for season). I finally feel like I am getting using their full potential.

Youth Intake

Two players worthy of mentioning. These two offer much needed back up in central positions. Really happy to get a creative midfielder I am hoping that Thomassen becomes the long term replacement for my best player van Bergen.

Teun Wijngaard (YP06b) Looks like he will make a very solid defender in this league, unusually high composure for a young centre back.

Arjan Thomassen (YP06a) Great technique, flair and first touch, he will be making first appearances straight away.

Previous Youth Intakes.

This is overdue a year and some players have made really good progress, all are important first team players already.

Ferry Ergoden (YP02a) Suffered 10 month injury in season 5, returned in season 6 and was ever present as my Anchorman, really solid performer.

Richard Stam (YP03a) Has fallen out with me and would like to move to one of several clubs interested, across season 5 & 6 has become a regular in the Dutch U21 squad, making 7 appearences.

Andries van de Weerd This player was in Stam's intake, has made really good progress and now has shamed my decision not to tag him, played several times for Dutch U19's. Is my best centre back.

Christian Jacobs (YP04a) Has had to grow up fast and is very solid. Great progress over a year, especially his positioning.

Kenneth Mulder (YP05a) Made 35 appearances in debut year, really positive about his future and looking forward to next year

With the amount of young players forced to play in every game, really surprised with how good we were, I hope we replicate this again, but would be equally happy to get back into the play-offs again.

Goals

* Reach play-offs again

* Improve facilities

* Have a cup run.

Sanno11 Fantastic job mate. I know that feeling when you fail to gain promotion after a very good season, but maybe it is better to stay one more year in division and get that youth developed properly than get trashed in eredivisie.

Truro City FC - Season 19/20 (Season 6)

Truro-city-football-club.png

League

Now that's better. A very enjoyable season that ended with a playoff final at Wembley. The final was pretty even but Morecambe were more effective in front of goal and ended up winning 2-1. On the table it looks like we were very close to finishing top but in truth Luton had already secured the top-spot with 2 games to go.

This season had loads of positives with the main one being the financial boost we got from getting to the playoff final. For what I think is the first time since the first season our balance is in the black.

Cups:

In the FA-cup we won our first two games vs other Skrill Premier sides but then went out to the winners, Luton, in the 2nd round. In the FA-Trophy we lost our first game.

Top players: Squad stats

1. Andy Burke (14D): Once again Andy was our best player. 31 goals and an average rating of 7.27. He just keeps delivering.

2. Kenny Hay (19D): What a debut season. Straight from the youth-team he was immediately a starter in my midfield. 12 goals too, which is great for a central midfielder.

3. Daniel Sexstone: A previously untagged youth-player who has surprised me a lot. A very reliable player. He's from the '15-batch.

4. Gary Croft (18C): Gary was appointed captain before the season started which was a popular decision in my squad. He made two mistakes in both of my cup-losses but after that he went back to being Mr Reliable. Solid season.

5. Lewis Mitchell (15D): He did his job perfectly. 7.15 average rating from a rightback is very good. He keeps getting injured though, which is worrying.

Youth intake

Another awesome intake that led to a record amount of tags, 10!

Tim Rendell (20A): Promising goalkeeper.

Leon Knight (19B): A central midfielder with nice potential. Possibly some starts next season.

Roy Dunford (20C): A leftback who got some first-team action right away because of injuries. Big left-back battle coming up next season.

Ethan Etherington (20D): Like Dunford he got some games already. Next season we will see who takes the spot permanently.

Ray Dear (20E): 12 finishing. He will spend next year with the U18s.

Tom Kirkland (20F): A very technical midfielder. 10 first touch, 10 passing and 12 technique stands out.

Richard Allen (20G): Future anchor man. Maybe he can challenge Croft for a spot next season.

Joe Long (20H): Another central midfielder. I like his attributes a lot, especially 13 tackling, 10 technique and positioning. He will definitely play next season.

Luke Elliott (20I): Star of this intake. Got good base attributes for almost all attacking roles. He will compete with Daniel Phillips from last years intake over a spot next to Andy Burke next season.

Leebert Llewelyn (20J): Another striker. He will spend the season with the U18 and we'll see how he develops.

Best previously tagged youth-players:

1. Aaron Bale (19C): A good season in central midfield for Bale. He's got no standout technical abilities but he's a reliable 7/10-player. You know what you're gonna get.

2. Elliott Francis (19A): Elliott played every game for us this season and did it well. Not developing as fast as I had hoped though.

3. Rob Holt (18C): Good season for Rob with 34 games (including subs). He's a bit small for a central midfielder (162cm and 61kg) but makes up for a bit of it with 11 tackling and 8 strength.

4. Ben Bradshaw (17D): He played very well in the 20 games he started before he suffered a horrible injury. 9-11 months with damaged cruciate ligaments. Gutted by that.

5. Daniel Phillips (19F): I had honestly hoped for a bit more from him but it was his first season at senior level so it's okay. 9 goals and hopefully many more to come.

Misc.

As mentioned earlier the playoff final did wonders for our finances and the board finally agreed to upgrade the youth facilities. Wohoo.

Previous goals:

* Safe mid-table finish. Success

* Have a run in the FA-cup Failed

* Upgrade youth facilities or youth recruitment network Success

Next season:

* Promotion

* Have a run in the FA-cup

Right one last thing before I get started then I will stop with the questions.:o

Just regarding Spansih 'B teams; they are just classed as reserve teams right (as in England) so I can move players between them and the first team freely? I have already changed the handle player sales instruction, so they won't be able to make any unexpected signings!

Not quite....

You can't move them freely, as in give a first team player minutes to regain match fitness in said team. They have to register a 25/22 man squad and so do you. Any player regustered by you can't play for the B team. Any player from the B team, however, can play for the A team. And there are rules on the amount of "B team" players that can be in the matchday squad

Archived