ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things just got very real here in season 13 due to our new allocation of European qualification places!

This is due to the Europa League 'successes' of our Swedish teams recently. We have had 3, 2 and 3 teams in the Europa League group stages the past three years, with Malmo making it to the knock-out rounds twice.

This is the first time we have received a CL group spot and to put the Champions League group stage qualification into perspective, my TOTAL income last year was 6.6m. You get more than that just for being in the Champions League group stage....

One Swedish team is going to get a big boost, and mini spoiler, there is a battle royal going on for it right now......

Sometimes (and by sometimes I mean often) this challenge can be soul crushing... First preseason game and my best prospect gets torn hamstring... Out for 4 months and season (and my day) ruined completely...

I know how that feels. But embrace it. One of my best prospects in my FC United career (He won the Golden Boy award!, but that is a few years further down the line.) was put into the team by a long-term injury to a star and never looked back.

That's it, you have to find the silver lining!Fantastic updates guys, really enjoying the FC United summary from TheGreatTraveler and eagerly anticipate, Braumiller's and the rest of you lads updates, keep up the good work.My season 3 update will be up tomorrow.

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2 Review (2015/2016) - Skrill South

dulwich-hamlet.gif

League Table[/url] | League Positions |

Competitions

Skrill South - 18th

FA Cup - 4th qualifying round

FA Trophy - bah.

Season Review

Well, that escalated quickly... I continued to play strikerless but our best player left for free after refusing to sign a new contract. Team fell apart without him. We couldn't score, couldn't defend and that is recipe for disaster. Struggle is a nice word to describe our season. I decided that strikerless is no longer working (after losing 5 games in a row) and changed to 442 for our relegation derby against 20th team 8 games before season end. We won 3-1 and that probably saved us. We were sitting 19th with 5 points more than 20th team. Intake helped too. We got some nice talents who played very good and at the end we climbed to 18th place. After season ended we lost another 2 players for free (mc and sc) and team is regressing a lot. Youngsters are still not good and our best players left. I'm very much afraid that next season will be very similar to this one... At best...

Youth Intake

Very good intake.

Matt Searle (YP 02A) - He could be a star. Rated as good League 2 winger. I just need to install proper tactics for him to be successful.

Thuto Dlamini (YP 02B) - Rated as Skrill Premier winger. I will pair him with Searle (YP 02A) and hopefully I'm set for wide positions for next couple of seasons.S

Billy McCready (YP 02C) - Another right winger. Will share his playing time with Dlamini (YP 02B)

Micky Grainer (YP 02D) - Looks really nice, but don't know what to do with him. He plays only AMC, so retrain is next. I just don't know what position. MC or SC. I'm kinda weak at SC position so he could be a nice pacy option in front...

Filippos Fasoulitis (YP 02E) - He will get some playing time only because there is not much competition for SC position...

Miscellaneous

Survived board takeover. Absolutely no money for anything. My wages are around 2.5k per week (max is 4.2k) and I'm still losing money.

Goals from previous season

Survive. 2nd year or 5 year plan. Success.

Upgrade anything. Failed.

Give youth some first team action. Success (3-4 starters are youth prospects)

Goals from previous season

Survive again since 7-9 starters will be youth prospects.

Upgrade anything.

Have a cup run for money.

St. Albans City FC: Season 3 Summary

Logo_zps58dc9555.jpg

The League

The minimum expectation was avoid relegation because i lost my goalie (retired). But against all odds i've managed a play-off finish.

I made 4 goals more then last season, totalling at 82 and conceded 24 less, totalling at 54. Which was a big surprize.

This better defense resulted in points, a lot of points. 17 more then last year, which would have made me champion back then now got me a 4th place, which is good as the prediction was 22nd.

FA Cup

This year it ended in the 1st round against (again) a league 1 team.

Lost to Huddersfield 0-4

FA Trophy

Big disaster this year ending at the first game played (3rd Q Round).

Youth Intake

Again a very nice youth intake. My squad must really suck if almost all youth candidates are 4 stars and more.

Kenny Cornhill YP03a

Aidan Magwood YP03b

Tim Grimes YP03c

Terry Hamilton YP03d

Kurt Whitby YP03e

Darren Hancock YP03f

Warren Grime YP03g

Charles Folds YP03h

Kenny Roe YP03i

Connor Butterworth YP03j

Kelvin Logan YP03k

Previous Intake with most field time

Callum Sowunmi YP02k Was a very important player in his first season. With 5 goals and 8 assists in 35 appearances.

Frank Gallen YP01j Had a decent season, but due to lack of better on the right back got 30 appearances. Had a decent season.

Eddie Jacobs YP01e Can play on a lot of positions which got him a lot of field time. 33 appearances.

Adrian O'Keefe YP01c Due to the very good performances of Callum Sowunmi YP02k, he saw more of the bench then he'd liked after (again) an injury. Still totalled 7 goals and 5 assists in 30 games.

Jonny Phillips YP01d Had some appearances (15) due to suspensions of my Left back and other defenders.

Aidan Oakley YP02b 1 goal and 4 assists in 14 appearances. A decent first season.

Kenny Spriggs YP02i At a given point became my super-sub. Only to get injured. Scored 5 goals and 3 assists in 16 games.

Transfers

Only outgoing transfers.

Finances

A bad run in the FA Trophy and i didn't get the income from gate reciepes in the FA Cup from last year, so i'm back in the red.

A total loss over the season of 115k, got me 77k in the red.

Targets set previous year

* Avoid relegation (my keeper is retiring and i haven't got a good replacement ready yet) COMPLETED

*Keep finances in black FAILED

*Integrate more youth players COMPLETED

Targets for next year:

* Challenge for promotion

* Get finances back in black

* Integrate more youth players

If any other screens might be necessary pls ask :)

Well my season is over the Europa League group draw was kind for once Zillnia Club Brugge , PSV how i did will be revealed later when i finish work.

Look forward to it :thup: Should be a double Swedish update tonight then hopefully, just finished writing my update during lunch and will get screenshots sorted when home tonight too :)

I don't know what is going on, but the only players progressing in my team are DCs and GKs. All other positions there is just no attributes improvements. Even when playing a LOT (starters) players don't improve... Am I missing something?

IJsselmeervogels Season 3 review (2016/2017)

IJsselmeervogels.png

[League] [Squad Stats] [Transfers] [Finances]

Turning professional last season forced the hand of some my players who decide to retire from playing at that level in the summer, this left my squad at its my most thread bare. Fortunately some of my players are quite versatile and others had been retrained, so we started the season with a complete squad. In spite of my pessimism, we started really well (relative to other seasons) and had P21, W7, D7, L7. This was the best start I had made as IJsselmeervogels manager and with the Jupiler league having no whipping boys this year, I was really pleased. As the season went on, a short cup run (fourth round) stretched the squad and form dipped slightly, however the team performed excellently when it counted and we recorded a double over the eventual relegated team FC Emmen. We were not as solid in defence, but with the players we lost over the summer it wasn't surprising. With only one team going down, it's easy to work out when you are safe from relegation and when this assured, I let as many youth players feature from newest intake.

Overall another solid season, I dared to looked at how my squad ranks in the comparison pages and it is pretty bleak reading but, with intakes improving and facilities being approved every single year so far, I am excited to see where we are in a few years time.

Youth Intake

I forgot to take a screenshot of the actual intake page but I did for the three key main prospects that came through.

Richard Stam (YP03a) Unbelievably lucky to get this guy when I did, he will need a bit of work but will benefit from first team football immediately, managed to give penalty away within 5 mins of debut, but after that did well enough.

Eelco Coolen This player will hopefully develop into a versatile squad player, not that exciting but with improvements in his technical and physical ability may be a useful midfielder.

Andries van der Weerd We are desperate for centre backs, positives, he is the right size for a centre back and can pass a ball, negatives, most defensive attributes need work mostly quickness, he will have a baptism of fire nest season as he is the only back up.

Tagged players

Ferry Ergodan (YP02a) Made 33 appearances last season and was never out of his depth. Not quite ready to make too much of an impact in games, but with his ability improving and plenty of first team action, he should be very important in a couple of seasons.

I will add some goals this year as I feel more optimistic again.

* Ensure plenty of first team action for new intake

* Improve facilities again

* Survive again but with more goals scored.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 13 Review (2026)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Swedish Premier League : 1st - Results

Swedish Cup : Winners

Europa League : Advanced from Group Stages, drawn against Sevilla in 1st Round KO in Feb 2027

Season Review

Good lord. I set my sights high for this year, but only the most optimistic would have thought we could reach them, but we did! The March - November football calendar makes things interesting, with European campaigns split between seasons if you progress, with the Swedish Cup finishing very, very early in the season and then the league run it slap bang in the middle of possible Champions League or Europa League group games.

March saw our three Swedish Cup group games before the league season kicked off, and it was an easy group made up of 3 non Premier League teams. 3 wins out of 3, 15 scored and 0 conceded! We head into the first league game of the season in great spirits and then lose 1-2 at home to lowly Forward!

April saw us then win 4 of our next 5 league games to get us into contention, losing 0-2 away at Malmo. We also won 3-2 in both the Quarter & Semi Finals of the Swedish Cup, gaining revenge over Forward, although only after extra time.

May started out with another league defeat, as we rested players for the cup final, which we ran out healthy 3-1 winners! European qualification so early in the season is a nice safety net and also a nice morale boost! We then went undefeated in all competitions until late August, away to Helsingborg. This run included safely navigating the 2 qualifying rounds of the Europa League and 9 Premier League games.

As the Europa League group games hit we were neck deep in fixture congestion, including rearranged league games from Europa League qualifying and late round Swedish Cup games (plus a mid season break for the World Cup - we had two members of the Sweden squad!). On at least 2 occasions we had 3 games in 5 days, and it was brutal on squad fitness.

Thankfully our previous league form had put us in great position, as we were level or behind by only 1 or 2 points on a large 5 team pack of teams all tightly bunched at the top of the league, but we often had 3-5 games in hand. As we rotated players HEAVILY throughout the final 3 months of the season (at one point we had 17 games in a span of 47 days) we only lost 5 times in our 19 games, twice in the league and 3 times in the group stages of Europe. The league was wrapped up on the 3rd from last game of the season so I could rest players for the remaining Europa League group games. A 1-0 win at home to Besiktas put us back into the qualification mix. We then played sc Heereveen at home, 20 days after finishing the league season. A fully rested squad went out and put on a show! A 5-0 win put us 2nd and 3 points clear of 3rd place and with superior goal difference with just 1 game to go. Here we were away at runaway group winners Tottenham and we put up a spirited fight but fell 3-2. The other game was a draw meaning we qualified for the knockout stages which for us is next season (very early on in our preseason!).

Youth Intake

A below average intake, with only two tagged;

Jonas Nilsson (YP 13A) - I know I have complained before about the severe lack of height in my prosepcts before, but this is starting to taunt me now.... This years best prospect is another decent looking future playmaker, and standing at 5 feet 2 inches Jonas is only 4 inches away from technically being a dwarf. There is no coaching height, so I will try and get his as technically proficient as possible and see what happens.

Andreas Karlsson (YP 13B) - And from one extreme to another. Meet Andreas our new 6 foot 6 inch centre forward! My eyes immediately shot to his central defender type stats in the hope I could retrain him there, but alas no. A pure targetman type player, who should cause havoc in the under 19s or on loan in the lower leagues.

"Frolunda Five"

Axel Hedberg (YP 07B) - This is what I love about this challenge, the necessary retraining and the pleasure it brings when it works! Axel started life as a pure D RLC, but was trained as a DM as I was short there. Then when I was shorter at MC for a ball winner and I had more defenders to retrain as DMs Axel was retrained at MC. Now at home in the center of the park and putting in great performances!

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - It is hard to stay mad at Jonas for too long! Another great season leading the line for me, scoring 22 and linking up well with those playing deeper, notching 14 assists. Down to just 12 months left on his contract, which is a worry but I should be getting a bump in wage budget very soon and be able to negiotiate better. Gained his first 3 caps this year, including one at the World Cup.

Ludvig Johnson (YP 10C) - Another retraining success, a former FC now naturally at home in the middle of the park alongside Axel Hedberg (YP 07B). The 19 year old has begun to attract many admirers and he had ~20 clubs interested in him, but now none due to a new 5 year deal!

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Last years best intake youth went out on loan to Legia Warsaw for most of the season, but was recall as our fixture congestion hit its peak. Being groomed as my future playmaker, Oscar took to the first team like a duck to water including to European games. His MC retraining (he previously had no clue at the position) is going great

Jacob Olausson (YP 09A) - With Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) occupying the main striker role currently, Jacob has begun to play more regularly out on the left wing this year. Not the greatest of seasons rating wise, but 12 goals and 7 assists are very welcome in support of Jonas.

Miscellaneous

Wow, a year to remember!

With another Europa League run in progress our finances have turned healthy again. Currently sitting at 1.2m in the bank. With the league victory and a spot in next seasons Champions League Group Stages, we should see our yearly income almost double next year and see the bank balance swell. This should mean another round of much needed facility upgrades.

I was hoping to also ask for a new stadium to built next year after the Champions League money is deposited, but interesting on my board screen it shows that we are in the planning stages for a new stadium as of yesterday (in game time obviously). There was no news item and no deductions from the bank yet. It shows as scheduled to be completed in December 2029 (3 years from now), so not sure if that is the planning of the stadium to be finished or the actual stadium finished and ready to use. I was hoping to get the reputation boost from Champions League football before a new stadium was started in order for the new stadium to be larger. Fingers crossed it is a good one and we do not have to live with it for 20 years before building a HUGE one!

Squad building got a boost this season due to the crazy schedule of games we had at years end. I am hoping for more years of this schedule, so the youths can get similar progression chances. I will probably follow the new Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) route and loan them out for the first part of the season when the fixture congestion is not as bad, and then recall when it goes nuts.

Surprisingly, after our domestic double was completed we got the news that we had moved up to top spot in the Swedish club rankings - (rankings). Very happy to pass that milestone, but I thought Helsinborg and Malmo would have held onto the lead for an season or two more.

Now it is time to try and rise in the European coefficients, both for our club and future seedings, but also for the country so we gain more spots in the competitions.

A couple of seasonal awards for the club

Worth noting in an attempt to temper expectations for next season, our winning points total was the lowest recorded since the start of the challenge. We benefited from the league being very competitive and even this year. And of course double lucky in that this year was also the first to award a Champions League Group spot.

Season 14 (2027) Goals

* Challenge again domestically for league and cup

* Put in a good performance in the Europa League knockout round(s)

* Enjoy our first Champions League appearance

* Put the Champions League windfall to good use

League Position            Europe                  Notes
Season 13 (2026) - Premier League                      1st          Europa League Group Stages      Swedish Cup Winners
Season 12 (2025) - Premier League                      3rd          Europa League Playoff           
Season 11 (2024) - Premier League                      4th          Europa League Group Stages      Swedish Cup Runners-up
Season 10 (2023) - Premier League                      3rd
Season  9 (2022) - Premier League                     10th
Season  8 (2021) - Premier League                      6th
Season  7 (2020) - Premier League                      6th
Season  6 (2019) - First Division Elite                1st                                          Promoted as champions
Season  5 (2018) - First Division Elite                6th
Season  4 (2017) - First Division South                1st                                          Promoted as champions
Season  3 (2016) - First Division South                2nd                                          Lost in promotion playoffs
Season  2 (2015) - First Division South                5th
Season  1 (2014) - Second Division West Gotaland       1st                                          Promoted as champions

BK_Olympic.png

SeaSon 8

League/ Winner

Swedish Cup / Winner

Europa League / On Going

League Table

What a Season by the boys cant believe it that they actually managed to do it hung on in the en. The teams around s just did not know what to do about my strike force just smashing the goals in. But now that i am in the champions league IT'S TIME TO CONQUER EUROPE!!!! in 5-8 years ;)

Also this got the go ahead YIPEEE

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players -

4 The new wing wizard on the left side been plenty of interest for him

1 Top Goalie for will be for some while

2 This is his last season as starter but will be staying here for life

3 Still smashing the goals in

Youth Candidates -

YP1

YP1A / had a great season needs a new partner though

YP1B / his time maybe up

YP1C

YP2 my main striker he is a complete terror for defenders

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ Great season would like more assists though

YP3A/ Work horse in the middle

YP3B

YP4/ Great season always can trust him to put in a performance when needed

YP4A/ Not getting the game time he deserves but i cant drop my best strikers hes a bit whiny also

YP4B/ will be starting next season

YP5/ no game but improved well over the season

YP5A/ needs more games

YP5B/ will not make the 1st team

YP6/

YP6A/

YP6B/

YP7/ looking like a great prospect

YP7A/ was called upon to fill in for a couple of games and didn't let me down

YP8/ Report -

YP8A/ Report - lovethe look of this guy will be immense

YP8B/ Report

Swedish Cup Final

Europa League Groups

Next game is against Feyernord

BK's Best 11

New attempt in England.

Manager profile

General info

Facilities

Transfers

Squad

Truro City FC - Season 14/15

Truro-city-football-club.png

League

A very good first season where we were top of the table before the final game in which we only managed to draw. In the playoff we beat Whitehawk on penalties in the semi-final and ended up losing (deservedly)to Ebbsfleet in the final. To be honest it's a good thing that we didn't get promoted right away because now I can continue to play youngsters without having to worry about relegation. When I tried this challenge last time I got promoted in the first season and then relegated the season after and I'm kinda happy that it's not happening again. I had some good youngsters when I took over and they've all been getting lots of play-time. I'm really looking forward to next season.

Cups:

One decent and one very good cup-run. In the FA Cup I beat non-league-sides in the first three qualification-rounds and ended up getting knocked out by Hyde (Skrill Premier) in the first round.

The FA-trophy was much better. We managed to beat three (!) Skrill premier-teams (Forest Green, Aldershot and Braintree) before Cambridge decided to end our run in the semi-final. They beat us 6-0 over two games.

Top players:

1. Ollie Chenoweth: My only keeper this season. Luckily he managed to stay free of injuries. He's a very good keeper for this level and he can become a leading Skrill Premier keeper according to my assistant. Hopefully I can keep him for a while.

2. Ian Hodges: Voted player of the season in Skrill south. 30 goals in 43 appearances and still I only gave him a new 1-year contract at the end of the season. He's 32 and he won't improve so next season some of my youth strikers will be first choice and he will only play if things are going badly.

3. Cody Cooke: A 22-year-old central midfielder with the highest average rating in my team after Hodges. Will be very important next season.

4. Jared Sims: On paper he's my best player but since I don't play with an AMC he didn't shine as much as he could have. Still my best option for both striker and central midfield but sadly it looks like he will leave on a free as he's not interested in renewing. A big loss but hopefully my youngsters will be able to step up.

5. Jed Harper-Penman: Mainly a right-winger but he's been playing mostly as a left-winger for me because he's my only option there. He can improve a lot and will be a regular for years to come.

Youth intake

I'm very happy with that intake and many players will have big roles the coming season.

Gary Croft (15A): Already my second best midfielder after Sims leaves. He can also play CD and DM and his versatility will be very useful. Already made 5 appearances this season and will be first choice the next.

Mark Ratcliffe (15B): Another player who made his debut this season. Currently my third best central defender and he's only 15. Some worrying attributes though, such as 4 concentration and natural fitness.

Kieran Austin (15C): Promising striker who will start next season as first-choice together with Andy Burke. Hopefully one of them can do a decent job so I don't have to go back to using Hodges.

Lewis Mitchell (15D): I needed a right-back because my current one is 32 and not very good. Lewis is currently just a bit behind him at the moment and has a potential to be much better. He will start as first choice.

Cameron French (15E): A pacy left-winger with good dribbling-skills. 1 finishing and 2 passing is worrying, though. He will get some chances mostly because I don't have any other left-wingers.

Denny Hannah (15F): Similarly to French, he will get some chances this season as a left-winger.

Clint Ritchie (15G): Another promising striker who will get his chances in the first team this season. With him, Austin and Burke we have healthy competition and one of them will probably go out on loan.

Misc.

Thanks to the prize money for winning games in the FA-Cup and FA-Trophy my finances are okay. Still a little bit in the red, though. Also my board decided to install 1350 seats within the stadium for a cost of 166k "to comply with league requirements".

On the positive side my board agreed to increase my youth level. I don't know if this will have any effect though?

Next season:

* Comfortable mid-table finish at the very least.

* Try to give lots of playing-time to my youth player and end the season with a minimum of 5 youths as starters.

* Have another cup-run

After my 2 week Christmas break (if it's good enough for Germany it's good enough for me!) I'm finally back to my Yeclano career. I'm only about 10 games into the season but I've found a new tactic that's having some success, reverting back to my favoured 3-4-3 formation. Unfortunately, thanks to working every hour under the sun (and a lot under the moon as well) who knows when I'll complete the season.

Congrats to all that are achieving success - Braumiller and toonbalmy on your first titles in Sweden (good luck in the Champs League!), bartrcm on getting out of the Spanish third division at the first attempt (and not cocking up the playoffs like I did to make life difficult for yourself!), and to everyone else who's joined the challenge. Especially those of you taking it on in England, I couldn't even comprehend how long that will take - 42 games per season takes forever, 46 would kill me!

Congrats to Braumiller and Toonbalmy87 on both becoming champions of Sweden and good luck on next years Champions League adventure. It will be really interesting to see how you both do side by side. With both of you getting new stadiums in the future, it will be fun to see whose is bigger, I mean has a larger capacity!!

Great first season druvo, I hope that good form continues into next year.

Good luck to both of you in Europe.

I will try and update a few seasons this evening while watching the United game.

@Druvo Will be interesting to see if it has any effect. Personally I think it costs ~150k a month to push academy to level 3!

Thanks all, very happy with my progress so far!

As for Toonbalmy87 and myself progressing side by side, we may be reporting similar adventures in real time together, but toon is doing a simply awesome job at BK and is achieving things 4, 5, 6 years ahead of what I am doing at Frolunda.

druvo, awesome season #1!

mthielen, what a draw! Will be interesting to see what your split of gate receipts are on top of your TV money!

Thanks all, very happy with my progress so far!

As for Toonbalmy87 and myself progressing side by side, we may be reporting similar adventures in real time together, but toon is doing a simply awesome job at BK and is achieving things 4, 5, 6 years ahead of what I am doing at Frolunda.

druvo, awesome season #1!

mthielen, what a draw! Will be interesting to see what your split of gate receipts are on top of your TV money!

Cheers Braumiller great work winning the title and cup see if we can make Sweden a force in both of our games what does your overall best 11 look like ??

I have failed again in the challenge in my second season in Holland. De Treffers were relegated. I was hoping that the team would become fully professional before the start of the second season but it didn't happened. Very though to compete in the Jupiler League with a semi-professional team. Partly for the reason that limited time on the practice pitch means no improvement for an already weak side. I also har a very hard time getting any type of offense going after the release of 14.2.

Cheers Braumiller great work winning the title and cup see if we can make Sweden a force in both of our games what does your overall best 11 look like ??

Current Best Eleven

Criminally, it looks as though some of my former stars have been released from their next employers and have retired (and lost their youth tags).

I'll do a full sweep of the game later and restore the tags.

Jesus 125 goals from DM thats class

I wish, he was my FC for a long time and then spent time at MC. He had a passing knowledge of DM, but never once played there for me.

The wonders/quirks of the FM team selector.... :D

Grabbed a screenshot of him now. Tobias Olsson. Now he has been away from the club for a few years he needs scouting and his low knowledge of DM doesn't even show up until scouted!

9k8qpi.jpg

Witton Albion 2025/26 Season

League - Managed to grab a playoff spot :)

Got through to the final vs York but they were a lot stronger than us! Final Resultsees us staying in League 2 again.

Two good players in the intake Youth 12a & Youth 12b

Finances Turning a nice tidy profit.

Youth and Training facilities upgraded although I have a feeling the youth facilities were subsequently cancelled due to lack of funds.

9k8qpi.jpg

Season 2026/27 saw us finish no where near the top of the league ending up 15th.

Youth Intake - A mediocre intake which may not see anyone promoted into the 1st team.

A pretty uneventful season overall.

Season 2027/28

Well boy did we improve this season. Grabbing top spot in the league on the last day of the season :)

Youth Intake - Another few good players one of which has great potential.

Steve Franks

No Transfers

Time to test ourselves in League 1 against some of the bigger boys. Hopefully the improvement in League will see some more promising youth intakes.

I know how that feels. But embrace it. One of my best prospects in my FC United career (He won the Golden Boy award!, but that is a few years further down the line.) was put into the team by a long-term injury to a star and never looked back.

Another part of this challenge I love, and and has just happened to me in a way.

Struggling at two positions due to a large amount of injuries, so I have moved Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) from FC out to AML (worst hit area) and gave Ludvig Johnson (YP 10C) his first ever run at FC for me (he is a natural FC, but I have been playing him at MC due to Stromberg's form).

Well, in the 6 games upfront, Ludvig has 9 goals and 2 assists.

How has it affected Stromberg? 4 goals and 5 assists out wide.....

I would now like you all to forget about the last 5.5 seasons where I have not played Ludvig in his natural position.......

After third season of absolutely no progress with my Dulwich Hamlet save I started a game with FC United, just to see what impact bigger reputation have...

Oh boy. First of all, starting squad is MUCH better. Second, money!!! Money is flowing to my bank account. Third contracts. Players actually want to renew their contracts and maximum contract length is 3 years (instead of 2)... I just may continue to play with them...

Braumiller & toonbalmy87 Congrats guys on your titles! That feeling when you win your first title is always the best :) Now you finished 50% of this challenge, so you are now "only" CL trophy away from completion :)

Sanno11 Eh, Holland is sooo hard. Teams are much much better than you and prospects are not that great...

c4ught Very nice getting to League1. Congrats. Where are your updates from first few seasons? I can't find them...

@brugi82, yeah the gap between you and the rest is very big and starting facilities are terrible, I have been lucky that the promoted teams have been poor as well.I checked the comparison page for my squad and my defence are ranked 20th in every attribute, I have 10 players behind the ball most games!Will take a several years to get close to challenging for promotion!

Braumiller & toonbalmy87 Congrats guys on your titles! That feeling when you win your first title is always the best :) Now you finished 50% of this challenge, so you are now "only" CL trophy away from completion :)

Of course I am stating the obvious here, and it will not happen this year. Especially as the groups were just drawn. Barcelona, Arsenal and Benfica! Not even a sniff of a lucky draw and extra prize money!

Sanno11 Eh, Holland is sooo hard. Teams are much much better than you and prospects are not that great...

c4ught Very nice getting to League1. Congrats. Where are your updates from first few seasons? I can't find them...

I couldn't find them all through searching so have linked below.

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

Turned professional after above season

2020/25 - Played a good few seasons without updating. Once I get back into this save I will aim to at least update with league and youth intake at a minimum although I have played ahead a few more seasons and not sure what screenshots I have taken.

St. Albans City FC: Season 4 Summary

Logo_zps58dc9555.jpg

The League

The minimum expectation was a mid-table finish, set by my self. The board's expectation was avoid relegation. But due to the success of last season i aimed much higher.

I made about the same amount of goals as last year and conceeded the same.

I did however have a few points less then last year, but still managed to reach the play-offs, finishing third in the regular competition.

In the play-offs i had some luck on my side which resulted in PROMOTION to Skrill Premier.

FA Cup

I reach'd the third round this year only to get trshed by Chelsea, 7-0.

I did however got 150k TV money and another 1.1M in gate receipts, which is a nice bonus.

FA Trophy

Lost in the second round.

Youth Intake (forgot to take a screen).

Still due to the lack of quality in my squad in only had 4 stars and more. So i only tagged the 5 star players. Which still resulted in 7 tags.

Zac Vowden YP04a

Jeff Bennett YP04b

Patrick Austin YP04c

Ryan Pavett YP04d

Blaine Keeley YP04e

Michael Walker YP04f

Morgan McShane YP04g

Spencer Young YP04h

Previous Intake with most field time

Frank Gallen YP01j He is becoming my first choice right back. Came into the team after suspension of my other right bach and never gave it back.

Lewis Cummins YP01b Got dropped a lot into the team. Didn't impress this season.

Nicky Sheldon YP01g Getting more and more field time.

Eddie Jacobs YP01e Still due to his ability to play at multiple positions he gets decend field time.

Kenny Spriggs YP02i Has come on the field as a sub, but didn't impress yet.

Christian Tillson YP01L Becoming a regular force in the back.

Adrian O'Keefe YP01c The season with only one injury translates into a very nice season. Scoring 13 goals and giving 10 assists. Refuses to talk about a new contract.

Danny Batch YP02j The new number 1. Played almost all games this season. Conceeding 71 goals in 54 games. But also had 16 cleansheets and even scored a goal.

Bradley Mitchell YP01i Had a good season as centre back. Scoring 5 goals and giving 6 assists.

Transfers

Only outgoing transfers.

Finances

The enormous income from the game against Chelsea gave my finances a great boost. Giving me a profit befor taxes of over 1M, after taxes 830k remained.

My balance is 750k in the black, which will give me some reserves for the coming seasons.

The big balance also gave me the opportunity to expand my youth facilities, costing 210k

Targets set previous year

* Challenge for promotion COMPLETED

* Get finances back in black COMPLETED

* Integrate more youth players COMPLETED

Targets for next year:

* Stay clear from relegation

* Keep finances in black

* Expand youth recruitment and training facilities.

* Integrate more youth players

If any other screens might be necessary pls ask :)

Great season mthielen next good intake i guess Walker will be new number 1 soon . toonbalmy87 and Braumiller i dont even write to you guys good joob or something becous you doing it allways :D I wish i get so much succes ever in my career :D

Braumiller and toonbalmy87 - Well done on your title wins. But those youth-intakes (Especially Braumiller's) must be very frustrating when you know that you need higher potential players to finish the second part of the challenge.

c4ught - Nice job on the promotion.

mthielen - I am very jealous of your FA-cup tie away to Chelsea. Did you beat any higher division teams on your way to 3rd round?

Well its hard me to talk about it but I played regular game in poland but i improve youth fac all the time since i got a enough reputation and fac I got a lot of good players with high potential (not so much ) but one on season got like representation potential and they go in with 18-20 yo in first team so . But its still Poland :) . I think most job doing international matches where your reputations going up and up so there is part of time when Braumiller and Toonbalmy87 got theyr squad . Since i back to England and everyone there got long trip than in Sweden we are just able to improving still Fac if we got enough money ofc to dont have problems in euro cups ...

Truro City FC - Season 15/16

Truro-city-football-club.png

League

Better than I expected. We scored 23 more goals in the league this season but only got 2 more points compared to last. With 3 games to go we led the league by 5 points but the pressure was too high for my young team so we lost 2 and drew 1. Luckily for us, Bath (the second-placed team), lost all their 3 last games. I think it was important that we got promoted because a few of our senior players had refused to sign new contracts before the very end of the season. Only one, our goalkeeper Ollie Chenoweth, still refused to sign and left on a free.

Cups:

Once again we had a good run in the FA-Trophy but went out in the quarter-finals against Havant & W (finished 19th in Skrill South). That was very frustrating but oh well.

In the FA-cup we lost in the 3rd qualification-round to a non-league side.

Top players: Squad Stats

1. Ian Hodges: Once again he was named Skrill south player of the year. He was also the top-scorer in the league. 28 goals in only 26 starts (and 11 subs) is very impressive and he fulfilled his role perfectly this season. He is now one of the "Favoured Personnel" of Truro City together with me and defender Dan Evans. He retired after the season and it's now up to my youngsters to help us avoid relegation from Skrill Premier.

2. Dan Evans: Voted player of the season by the fans. He and Paul Kendall are the best central defenders in the club but both have already reached their potential and I have many youngsters who can surpass them. In the end I gave Dan a new contract and let Paul leave on a free. He will have an important role to play next season as my only senior defender.

3. Cody Cooke: Another good season from Cooke. I'm glad he signed a new contract at the end of the season as he will be very important as one of only 4 non-youth starters next season. He's also my captain.

4. Jed Harper-Penman: Had some injuries this season but he still scored 11 goals. As with the other senior players he will be important in the Skrill Premier.

5. Ollie Chenoweth: I don't think we would have won the league without him. He made countless important saves and will be missed. Didn't want to renew and left on free transfer.

Youth intake

First of all, 5 goalkeepers? It's like my HOYD knew Chenoweth was leaving. Overall I'm happy with that intake.

John Minturn (16A): A sweeper-keeper with nice potential. He will start next season as backup-keeper.

Jonathan Kilburn (16B): Meet my new first-choice goalkeeper. Lucky for me he already had 2.5 stars ability when he signed and I hope he can make me not miss Chenoweth too much.

Gregg Almond (16C): He's a promising attacking-midfielder and he will be re-trained as a MC. Future playmaker. Will definitely get many chances next season.

Luke Herd (16D): Another AMC. He's very raw still so he will spend the season playing youth and reserve matches (while being re-trained as MC).

Previously tagged youth-players

Gary Croft (15A): 26 games from start and he did well. He's being re-trained as a DM because I think he can do a very good job there.

Mark Ratcliffe (15B): 31 games in total as a rotating-option in central defence. Developing nicely and I think his role will be similar next season.

Kieran Austin (15C): The worst of my 3 youth-strikers. Possibly because of his injury record which is very worrying. Five 3 weeks+ injuries last season and one of those was 3 months.

Lewis Mitchell (15D): He started most of the games when he was fit. He's now my best right-back and will be start most games next season.

Cameron French (15E): His performances really surprised me. 8 goals (a few match-winning). Developing nicely.

Denny Hannah (15F): He spent the season in the U18-squad as he's still very raw. I'll try to send him a loan for next season.

Clint Ritchie (15G): The best of my youth-strikers last season and he scored 12 goals. I'm hoping for even more next season as Hodges is gone.

Misc.

Once again my board has to expand the stadium "to comply with league requirements". That's a 160k and a 50k loan that has to be re-paid. Finances in the red.

No new youth upgrades.

Next season:

* Survive.

* Keep giving lots of play-time to youth players (not that I have a choice, 5 "original" players remaining)

* Have another cup-run

Congrats on the succeses! Sorry for my lack of participation, my internet went down for the last few days. Hoping to update tomorrow or maybe, just maybe, today. Probably on Fakel's season, with the next one again on FC United :p

Special recognition to Braumiller and toonbalmy for winning the first divisions and getting set for CL adventures! Hoping for the best results and massive money in the bank!

Good luck to Brugi with FC United, treat them well! :D

FC Fakel Voronezh

| Season 6 | 2019-2020 |

Fakel-Voronezh.png

| Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Facilities | Finances | Transfers |

Russian National Football League: 7th

No, not a typo. We were 7th for the fourth straight season. But this one was different to the others mainly due to how tight it was, with the two whipping boys at the bottom making the rest of the teams nervous and much better. That Alania won the league with 77 points (Last three got 89, 79, and 86) proves this, as does the fact that 2 teams with more than 40 points got relegated (first time any team with more than 40 points gets relegated since start of the game). For us, it was an unusual season. Starting of alright, getting the points and sitting in midtable. Then a great run of form in August and September put us near the promotion places as Autumn arrived. Little did I know I would only win 1 match in 12 to leave us 16th and in the relegation places with 2 matches before the 3 month long mid-season break. Thankfully the side rallied to win both and take us out of the relegation spots, but avoiding the drop was very much in my thoughts. And after the break, my players proved to me their value, winning 7 of the first 8 post-break matches to secure our safety and even put us in a play-off fight, one which we would never be close to getting thanks to defeats in the last 2 matches of the season.

Russian Cup: Sixth Round

Again, NOT A TYPO. We actually managed to win a cup game! Our 3-0 route of Luch was pleasing due to the rotated squad played in that match, with the win against Dinamo Bryansk, were I put out a mixed side, was pleasing as well. And then we drew Lokomotiv. A big-gun in Russian football nowadays, with their second placed finish in the league this season no surprise. I put out my full strength side, yet we were down 3-0, at home, by the 23rd minute and it was game over. But I decided to treat the record attendance of 20,074 with a brave performance, were we got one back in the 77th minute after a much improved 2nd half. All this during our terrible league run as well.

Youth Intake

Lost the original intake image, but that's about them. Decent intake by the standards of the previous ones which leaves 3 tags.

Gennady Rybalkin - YP6a (DM/MC)

Another center mid! Won't be able to play with 2 up-top if I keep getting so many talented players in the center of the pitch... His physicals are impressive for his age and he could turn into quite a good DLP or BBM with some work on his technicals. The talent is t

Vladimir Mukhanov - YP6b (ML/AML/AMC)

A left winger who I am looking forward to seeing compete for a place in the squad. His mentals are very good for a winger (love the flair!) and he is pretty well rounded as far as the technicals and physicals go, so I have big hopes for him.

Shamil Gadjiev - YP6c (DC)

Far from the finished article but with good potential, Gadjiev should become a starter before he reaches 20. Especially with such a high determination, I expect him to go places and take the team to glory. The high amount of DC's at the club will make it hard, however.

Key Players

Salim Gerasimov - YP3b (GK)

Started the season as the substitute keeper but over the season earned the starting spot. A 2 month injury towards the end restricted his appearances, but I am very hopeful he can make the spot 100% his own next season.

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

Again was a staple on the team sheet. Struggled a bit during our poor run of form, but his end of season form reminded me why he is vice-captain (and soon to captain)

Vladimir Laptev (DC/DR)

He remains a starter and a very capable one, with Avg. Ratings of above 7 at both center-back, were he plays most games, and on the right. Has earned 1 year deals for the last 5 seasons and this was no exception.

Alexandr Tkachev - YP2a (MC/AMC)

The young midfielder ended last season with doubts about his ability and I was seriously considering dropping him for any of the other young players at the club. But then he put the the team on his shoulder during the bad run and helping us end 2019 with two wins, before starring during our great run towards the end. Spectacular season from him against al

Vitaly Popov - YP3f (ST/AMR)

Following Mars Yurjev's terrible strike rate of only 4 goals this season, somebody had to step up. And Popov was the man to carry us through our intial good form, mainly from the bench, before becoming a starter later on with 12 goals in 19 starts and 14 sub appearances. Very good season from him.

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

Like most of the attacking players this season, Chekalin's performances decreased compared to last season. But he still put in reasonable performances and was the standout of the end of the season, finishing as our top scorer with 12 goals. Another staple in the team sheet.

Previous Youth Prospects

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

Alexandr Tkachev - YP2a (MC/AMC)

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

Sergey Vasiljev - YP3a (MC)

Salim Gerasimov - YP3b (GK)

Mars Yurjev - YP3c (ST)

Marat Khudiev - YP3d (DC)

Vladimir Merenkov - YP3e (ML/AML)

Vitaly Popov - YP3f (ST/AMR)

Dmitry Zhirny - YP3g (DR)

Zaur Cherkasov - YP3h (DM)

Andrey Popov - YP3i (DL)

Dmitry Tseryuta- YP3j (DC)

Anatoly Gibadullin - YP4a (MC/MR)

Denis Suleimanov - YP4b (MC/AMC)

Igor Milovanov - YP4c (DM)

Humberto Arenas - YP4d (ST)

Igor Kasimirov - YP4e (ML)

Maxim Tseryuta - YP5a (DR)

Maxim Kurdanin - YP5b (MC/AMC)

Arthur Dimitriev - YP5c (MR/AMR)

Pavel Gerasimov - YP5d (DC)

Ruslan Zhuravlev - YP5e (DM/MC)

Dmitry Meshkov - YP5f (MC/AMC)

Denis Kiselev - YP5g (MR/AMR)

Surprising Youth Prospects

Igor Timofeev - YP1 (MC)

Has become an important squad member, always on the bench with quite a few starts. Sadly he is quite greedy, with his 3.4/w contract expiring next season and a raise very likely to be needed to keep him here.

Adam Meshkov - YP3 (DL/DR)

First choice at DL all season and he performed very well. He will certainly remain in and about the squad for the next season, but after that, who knows. Very good season for him.

Off The Pitch...

The most important of the pitch event was The announcement of YOUTH FACILITY IMPROVEMENTS after several seasons of them being rejected.

On a personal levels, Alexandr Chekalin became the club's top league goalscorer ever, ending the season with 81 league goals in 186 appearances.

Goals From Last Season

• Mid-table finish ACHIEVED
  • Integrate youth players into First Team ACHIEVED
  • Have a cup run ACHIEVED

Goals For Next Season

• Play-off challenge
  • Integrate youth players into First Team
  • Have a cup run
  • Improve Training Facilities

Just Flash from first season I wont write anything coz it was boring season they want me to aim on middle table and I did it :p

Youth Players Watch: Just free first intake in club before me

Danny Haniver YP00a : solid medium season for 16 yo

George Rivers YP00b : Without fireworks medium :p

Simon Gibbs YP00c : Definitly imo best from 3 in first season i wish he will be my main ball wining middle soon

Youth Intake :

Wayne Tyrie YP01a

Kenny Young YP01b

Wayne Stock YP01c

Remi Bentley YP01d

Good intake 4 players with Skrill Premier potential + 3 before so I got good base I think in 3 season I will get good squad to go up :) Young + Gibbs ball wining middle can you imagin that ! lol i love it so far :)

Next Season : Survive/middle table , improve youth lvl and junior coaching .

Ps: Can sbd poste me good site to upload pic cos imageshack going so bad ...

Archived