FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting, so the Azores appear to be districts 2, 11, and 15, so I guess I'll just save before the reset date and look for any of the clubs in those districts?

It unfortunately doesn't tell you what districts clubs are promoted from, plus it's 20 clubs that go up so i believe there is some sort of Playoff system in play.

It unfortunately doesn't tell you what districts clubs are promoted from, plus it's 20 clubs that go up so i believe there is some sort of Playoff system in play.

Think there are only 20 leagues (Two of the smaller ones don't have their own), but don't quote me on this :p (Will confirm once have the editor)

Interesting, the Spanish ones are a little too populated for my liking (over a million people), so I guess it'll be Portugal. There are also a couple islands off the coast of Turkey I'll look into.

SD Formentera in Spain play on the island of Formentera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formentera) which has a population of just 10,700 people. They're in Group XI of the Tercera Division, I don't know though how easy they'd be to get promoted.

Promotion is so huge. Now we're a professional football club and I can scout all of Europe. Only allowed 1 extra scout though, up from 2 to 3. Glad I waited and didn't offer the entire squad new contracts now. Looking at the first few scout reports coming in I can get much better players. Wage budget still the same though, but we got a £950k transfer budget which I'll probably end up transferring into the wage budget instead of spending on fees.

Doubt my next season review will be until next weekend. Gonna spend a lot of time on building a squad now and working all week so won't have as much time.

great work benrollo and Ohanzee in your promotions. Good to see you playing in France again Ohanzee. feels like the challenge isn't quite right without a French save from you. Interesting this talk about island teams. Those veterans of the thread will know that I have a tradition of playing with teams linked to water so maybe I will have to look at some of these.

I'm also getting very distracted by the idea of some of these Island teams, think I will continue with what I have started just to get a taste of FM14 as anyone who has ever seen me play knows it takes me about 4-5 attempts before I can survive a first season or 2!

Holidaying right now. I got a list up of all the clubs in the three Azores District Leagues, so I guess I'll just check them out as they come up and wait until I get one from one of the smaller islands.

Are any of the smaller ones in the 4th post on front of challenge? I did 15 reloads in Portugal and those were the only clubs that appeared :)

Are any of the smaller ones in the 4th post on front of challenge? I did 15 reloads in Portugal and those were the only clubs that appeared :)

Haven't noticed any club come up that isn't listed there. I've closed the list of teams that play on Sao Miguel however, I've written that island off as too big

Jono Newton's

FC Maia Lidador

fcmaia.gif

Campeonato Nacional de Seniores C

Preseason 2014/15

Squad Building

The Transfers

Carlos Carvalhinho (DL) - The 32 year old will be our starting left back, given his crossing ability he may become the attacking fullback.

China (DC) - A solid centre back, need to make sure of defence before attacking.

Pedro Melo (ST) - The 22 year old got no goals in the preseason, but his role is support rather than attack. Best we could find.

Joao Vilaco (DM) - I thought he would be our starting DM, but some average play is leading to the possibility of Guedes getting the spot back.

Curto & Hugo (DR) - Some early DR purchases who aren't looking the best.

Diogo Melo (MC) - Our starting support midfielder, averaged 7 through the preseason scored a goal, and assisted on a pair.

Jose Neves (AML) - The young winger is a future star chance (Young guy to watch)

Bahia (AML) - Our back-up left wing, he looks pretty good when he gets on the park. 2 goals & 1 assist through the preseason.

Joao Pedro (GK) - Our Vice captain, a very nice 26yr old keeper. Had a few bad moments in the preseason, but the left back defense played a major part.

Xavi (MC) - Another nice central midfielder, he will play a more attacking role, working on what it will be.

Peter Mendy (AMR) - My second foreigner, a strong physical specimen out wide.

Friday Ngbe (AML) - A faster winger for the left side, interested to see how he goes. Looking forward to some action.

Daniel Silva & Bocundji Umbeca (MC) - Big prospects here.

Rui Sa (DR) - It took me a very long time to find my best right back for the season, hopefully he can do it right.

The Returning Starters

Viula (DC) - He was the best player in the squad when I turned up. Probably only has one season.

Guedes (DM) - May battle for the DM role.

The Starting XI

Maia Lidador_ Tactics Overview.png

This is most likely the line-up we will start our first match with. I am now at wage budget of 5k. Hopefully that can be dealt with going forward.

The Friendlies

Fixtures.png

So not 100% certain what to think about my results. Viseu who we beat 2-1 in our opening game are in the Second League, while we drew with the non-league Tirense, and Tomino, while the clubs also at our level Split our results with a win a draw and a loss. Mendy looked good, but it seems a lot of the starters were out performed in the preseason by the younger stars, Bahia, Castro, Silva look like a great future.

The Youth Players to Watch

Youngsters to watch, my stars who I think could develop big time.

Jose Pinho (DL), Paulo Mota (DR), Daniel Silva (MC), Jose Neves (ML), Bahia (AML), Alberto Vaz Machado (AMR/ST)

There are another 7 players aged between 16 & 17 with 4-4.5 star potentials.

Wow benrollo, keep it up! There's some big teams in there to compete with, Werder Bremen are having a bit of a shocker in your save!

I'm having more than a bit of a shocker with SVW Mannheim, my team is just rubbish. We either play defensive and sometimes scrape a draw, or try and attack and, even against other rubbish teams, almost always lose. I think this might be quite a short challenge attempt.

Well despite instant success in Chile I feel like I have not really connected with my team I dont know why but I just have not. I am taking the plunge in here I think and I am going to Scotland. I have done saves that have turned up both Elgin and East Stirling I am going to give it another go before choosing a team

Good luck with your new players L.L.R, hopefully they will gel.

Welcome to Spain, Britrock!

Amazing season so far, Benrollo.

Did some more reading on my team U.D.A Gramenet (known as "Grama"), and it turns out that in the 2004/2005 season they had quite a cup run beating Levante and FC Barcelona! All this while still playing in the third division.

And how the hell... pl-fikander, how did you get Sakhalin up!? Any chance you can upload the save? (Just incase, since i have waited 2 years to play as them...)

Here it is

Meanwhile, half of the Russian First Division season has passed and things are not looking bright for Sakhalin at all. We had few impressive performances, one wonder goal, but this is not enough, as we're seating in the relegation zone, 5 points off safety.

The gap between top and bottom teams is surely huge.

I was sacked before the break ended for not attending the meeting with board. Problem is, I did attend that meeting (which was rather unpleasant - my chairman demanded selling players to match new wage budget, reduced by 30% two weeks earlier. As it was after transfer deadline, I couldn't do anything 'bout that...). :|

Well I reloaded for three hours straight last night, not much luck on the Azores front. I was looking for a club on one of the smaller islands (Horta, Flamengo) but couldn't get any. So then I set my heart on Angrense (on the 56k population island but the smaller of the two teams) but they won't come up either. I'll try a bit more later, and if I still have no luck I'll settle for Luistana.

I'm doing terrible in Italy, I can hardly score a goal and haven't even got a point from my first 8 games so I've taken a short time away to see if I can get any decent tactics with a club that has better players and will revisit it at the end of the week.

On another note though I saw an article today on a blog I read that I think some will be interested but especially pl-fikander and brettney1980 as it's about FC Sakhalin

Hmmm. Is it normal that I can offer only 1 year contracts in Portugal?

I'm fairy certain I was able to offer 2 year contracts during an earlier test.

Oh this is around the board, and your contract I believe. I can now offer 3yr contracts to some players.

Believe there is something that stops you offering long term contracts to some players. First season most of mine are 1yr though :)

Great to see more people jumping in, good luck all!

Hessen Kassel 2017-18 Review & 2018-19 Preview

I can sum our season up in one (clichéd) line - so near, yet so far.

After 23 games, we were sitting comfortably in third place and about to play second-place Braunschweig. Then this happened. Unbelievable! Promotion suddenly seemed a realistic goal, and the players were loving life. I'd even forgotten about Wormatia Worms!

Then, this happened. A nine-game winless stretch that dropped us from second to sixth. A victory on the final day was enough to give us fourth, and a nice little payday. Don't get me wrong, it was an incredible season in which we performed wayyyyyyy beyond expectations, but that stretch still hurt.

Final Table

Player of the Year (with added bromance)

Top goalscorer

Two players in Team of the Year

I finally have national reputation!

So despite the disappointment, football management waits for no man. Time to get ready for next season!

First off, a fond farewell to our best player Oscar Hernandez. Big clubs came sniffing around and he had his head turned, and with his contract expiring at the end of the season, I needed to cash in. Spanish club Hércules came in with a bid of £1.8m and 30% sell on, and I accepted with a heavy heart. Thanks for the memories Oscar!

On to the fun part - the signings!

Loans

Alban Ademi - full back on loan from Stuttgart. I'm a little thin at the back so Alban should make the right back slot his own.

Muslum Vural - striker who's come over from Fenerbahce. I lacked depth up top, so Muslum should provide healthy competition.

Free Agents

Jaska Makkyla - the first of two new Finns, Jaska will look to help fill the hole left by the departure of Hernandez.

Johannes Rytkonen - a raw, speedy striker who will probably start out on the bench but will look to make an impression as injuries undoubtedly take their toll.

End of Contract Signings

Ante Putnik - Putnik adds to my increasingly strong central midfield. He's still a bit raw, but has bags of potential.

Felix Bichler - this holding midfielder has a good chance of breaking into the starting XI this season.

Ludovic Le Bars - I needed a left back, and Ludovic was the best one on the market willing to join us. Decent physically, but will need to improve before he can hold down a regular spot in the side.

Transfers (this is where it gets fun)

Joaquim Sousa (£26k) - another Portuguese goalkeeper. Hopefully the ex-Benfica man will get on with ex-Porto man Joao Veiga. There should be a real shootout for the number 1 jersey.

Xavier Boada (£500k) - Yes, I signed a guy from Barcelona! Boada is a gifted centre back who my scouts raved about for months before it became apparent that he might be interested in joining me. Should slot straight in to the heart of our defence.

Hugo Marin (£500k) - A Barca man AND a Real Madrid man! Marin offers us some versatility in the final third and will be pushing for a starting spot from the get-go. Not the quickest, but Hugo has a chance to be a real creative force in the side.

Transfers

Squad

The squad is a little small, but we are stacked with quality. I've told the board I want a top-half finish, but secretly I'm hoping for a title challenge!

Giving this challenge a go! decided to go in the French leagues.

Tom Would has taken over as manager of AS Cannes! AS_Cannes_New_Logo.jpg

With the team boasting a rich history with players such as Zidane and Viera starting their careers at the club, manager Tom Would is looking to put them back into Ligue 1 after almost 20 years away.

A few improvements will need to be made to the squad in order to stay in the national league, which is the first season priority.

I'm doing terrible in Italy' date=' I can hardly score a goal and haven't even got a point from my first 8 games so I've taken a short time away to see if I can get any decent tactics with a club that has better players and will revisit it at the end of the week.

On another note though I saw an article today on a blog I read that I think some will be interested but especially [b']pl-fikander[/b] and brettney1980 as it's about FC Sakhalin

Very interesting read, thankyou for that.

Another good season benrollo, inching ever closer to the top ...

Good luck and welcome tom.would

2itk00i.png

GK---Frederic Lohe---All around good keeper, no real weakness or strength

DR---Cataldo Cozza---Decent all around, poor in the air and not much pace

DC---Marcus Hoffmann---Good in the air and above average work rate

DC---Markus Husterer---Better core attributes but will be battling with Herzig for the starting role

DL---Tom Moosmayer---34 years old, but good mental attributes that come with that age

DM---Christian Lensch---Not much between him and Bourgault, Lensch has very good teamwork and decent speed but is abysmal in the air and equally abysmal strength

MC---Domagoj Duspara---All around decent midfielder, best stamina on the team

MC---Niko Opper---Good work rate, teamwork and passing

AMR---Fabio La Monica---On loan from Koln, decent speed, not much else

AML---Dennis Dowidat---Good first touch and passing

STC---Abedin Krasniqi---Well rounded striker but low stamina and being poor in the air limits his roles and/or playing time

The tactic I chose to work on is a standard counter attacking tactic with high tempo with tight marking and pressing to force mistakes and more counter attack opportunities. I've been given a transfer budget of £0 and am currently £13,000 under the wage budget. The key position I need to fill is AMR.

Yeah that'd be helpful too. I sort of know, but your list will help. Will upload anything with teams I haven't seen as well.

Ok, I'm not even sure of all these teams are eligible to be promoted into the playable league, but here are all the teams from the smaller Azores Islands:

Flamengos

Maritimo Graciosa

Prainha

Vitoria do Pico

Sporting da Horta

Sporting Clube de Guadalupe

Angrense

Decided to quit or wait until the finished version comes out.

It is simply impossible to defend. Either you shut up shop completely and go 0-0 or you end up playing out a 4-3 game. Some of the defending is neigh on ridiclous. Players running past a player, unable to clear a corner or cross. Its hideous.

I've tried everything and I just can't get into the non-sliders thing, I simply have no idea what they are doing to my players on the field. I'm not sure it was the right club/league anyway.

Understand kabajingai, I have seen some bad defending in friendlie, but in general the tactics are making more sense to me this year.

If you want to understand a bit more i suggest readin wwfan's 12 steps to a good tactic, it explains it quite well, and you can also ask what you want to be them doing and they will assist you in building it as a tactic.

I have actually moved from an attacking tactic to a more counter-attacking base tactic and seem to feel a bit better now.

Archived