FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ag6cMSl.png

Aliados Futebol Clube de Lordelo 2037/38

Transfers / Fixtures / Squad - Youth players

Supertaça: 37/38 season had a great start with Aliados winning the supercup against portuguese champions Porto by 3-0.

Liga ZON Sagres (var): for the third consecutive year we finished in second behind Porto, who proved being by far the best team in Portugal.

Taça de Portugal: it was easy to reach the final but once again we lost to Belenenses. The "blues" scored the winning goal three minutes into the stoppage time.

Taça da Liga: once again defeated in group stage...

UEFA Champions League (Overview): one of the most difficult group stages of the last years. We were drawn with Bayern, Man Utd and Standard but ended up winning the group. On the first round we faced Internazionale and won 4-1 at home after a 1-1 draw in Italy. Then we played against Beleneneses in quarterfinals and another win, 3-2 on aggregate. Atletico Madrid were our opponents in the semifinals. We were previously defeated by the spanish team in the same stage in 2033... this time we won 3-1 in Spain after a nil-nil in Portugal and reached our first UCL final.

Our third european final, after winning Europa League twice. We played against Man City in Estádio da Luz in Lisbon, Portugal, but the fact that we played at home was not enough to win this final. City lift the european title after a 2-0 win.

Key players: Craig Richards and John Purkiss, english internationals are clearly our best players

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 95%, align: center]

[TR][TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Champions League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Europa League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Achievement[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2014/15[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional[/TD]

[TD=]6th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]4th in Promotion Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional Winners[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]19th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]13th[/TD]

[TD=]4th Round[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Most Improved Team[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2021/22[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Promotion[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2022/23[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2023/24[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]11th[/TD]

[TD=]Semi-finals[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2024/25[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2025/26[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Europa League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2026/27[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]2nd Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Runners-up[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2027/28[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Quarter-finals[/TD]

[TD]Champions League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]3rd[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2029/30[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2030/31[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2031/32[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Winners, UEFA Super Cup Runners-up[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2032/33[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]4th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Semi-finals[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2033/34[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2034/35[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Banned from european football for one season[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2035/36[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Winners[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2036/37[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Runners-up[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2037/38[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Winners[/TD][/TR]

[/TABLE]

Seems the activity is at an all time low in this forum lately, but if someone is around I have some questions.

What's the deal with Scotland this time around? Why do we holiday for 2 seasons? And why are some saves starting years and years later, like 2019+?

Wanting to start a new (and probably final save) for this FM, and was considering Scotland. Do I need to holiday 2 seasons or is 1 enough? Do saving before "reset" give new teams each time like the other leagues? Or would I need to make a backup save after 1 season and go on holiday for another 1 season each time to bring up new teams each time?

Hi Ohanzee,

The playoff between the teams from the Highland and Lowland teams does not exist until 14/15, so you need to holiday two seasons.

I never figured out exactly when it is choosing the teams, I didn't have much luck stopping the game at the right moment - just holidayed for the full two years.

Additionally, the game seems to get stuck in a rut - and chooses the same teams in sequence.

There are some save games linked on the first page of this thread, you could just pick a team from there.

Good Luck!

Cheers! Figured it might be some new rules coming into play after 2 seasons, just couldn't wrap my head around it.

I'll try holidaying myself a couple of times and see who shows up while watching Italy - England. Not decided on Scotland yet, but getting a completely new club instead of one that just finishes last in the bottom league does make it even more interesting.

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2015 - Introduction

Playoff - They beat Peterhead in the playoff to win promotion.

Manager Profile - Sunday League

Club Info - The oldest established football club in the Scottish Borders (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selkirk_F.C.). Nicknamed The Scouters, hopefully that'll be a name we can live up to in terms of finding proper talent around the world eventually.

Facilities - Low capacity stadium, check. Crap youth and training facilities, check.

Finances - Not enough money in the bank to pay even 1 week wages for a proper Premiership player, check.

Not sure what to expect, but looking at the quality of some of the other teams I'll be very disappointed if we're relegated.

Cheers LLR and congrats on the new house! :)

I've gone through my first season with Selkirk and will update soon. Hoping this save can keep my interest. I did enjoy my last adventure with Albion Rovers some versions ago. Won't be able to play at all until next weekend after tonight though.

PS! If anyone else is going to Scotland, the tip from the first post of saving on 2nd May 2015 and reloading to see who turns up in the playoff game does work. I got 7-8 different teams in 15 or so reloads.

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2015/16 - Season 1 Review

2nd in Scottish League 2 (Graph) - I didn't expect that, but tbh this league is filled with amateurs and semi-pros so it's all about getting the edge every game. We couldn't quite get the top spot in the end even though we had it several times through the season, so playoffs it was.

Playoff semi | Final - Tough 4 games as they came in quick succession. All very even and it came down to a penalty shoot out after 120 minutes in the 2nd leg against Sterling. And a very intense penalty shoot out it was. We had to score 15 penalties in a row to finally win it 15-14. How a bunch of amateurs can score 15 and 14 in a row is beyond me, but we're promoted!

All Cups - Went out in the first round we took part in, in all 3. Narrow loss to Rangers, who are back in the top division already, the minor highlight.

Transfers | more - Loads and loads of free transfers, kept bringing new ones as my scouts found them. Don't think I found the next Ronaldo just yet though.

Finances - Lost money all season even though I kept within the wage budget and we over performed.

Squad - Big squad in the end. Most contracts are running out this month, will try to renew a few of the better performers and young talent.

Some decent performers

Brandon Longcake - Main striker, top scorer, and a good bunch of assists.

Scott Ferguson - Good season, assisted his share.

Ross Campbell - 2nd goal scorer and good amount of assists.

History

to be continued ...

Cheers LLR and congrats on the new house! :)

PS! If anyone else is going to Scotland, the tip from the first post of saving on 2nd May 2015 and reloading to see who turns up in the playoff game does work. I got 7-8 different teams in 15 or so reloads.

Thanks.

And cheers for the tip working, it didn't in the early releases, must've fixed in a patch, also why I have left BETA games up as on the early versions you could get teams from outside the Highland/Lowland league, also why I holidayed 50yrs ahead.

That's some sick travel distance. And I thought my flight back home today was bad. Are those long travels reflected in the finances in the game?

I haven't been able to play since the weekend, but Selkirk is having a tough time in League 1. Bit over half-way and we're bottom of the table, but only 3 points off relegation-playoff after finally getting a couple of wins. We lost 8 games in a row before I gave in and changed my tactic around a bit. When morale is low in FM it's bloody hard to turn things around, but hopefully we can get enough points in the final 15 games to avoid relegation.

That's some sick travel distance. And I thought my flight back home today was bad. Are those long travels reflected in the finances in the game?

I haven't been able to play since the weekend, but Selkirk is having a tough time in League 1. Bit over half-way and we're bottom of the table, but only 3 points off relegation-playoff after finally getting a couple of wins. We lost 8 games in a row before I gave in and changed my tactic around a bit. When morale is low in FM it's bloody hard to turn things around, but hopefully we can get enough points in the final 15 games to avoid relegation.

Not sure on the finances, I should check that, but if so we will go bankrupt pretty quickly. These away distances are normal.

Wowsa that;s a terrible run and is very tough to turn morale arund now days, feel it has got touggher too.

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2016/17 - Season 2

6th in Scottish League 1 (Graph) - It started badly and we didn't manage a win until the 7th game of the season, after one more scrappy win we went on a 8 game losing stream. Bottom of the table and morale at an all time low I decided to change tactics, mainly just playing a much higher tempo game. It gave instant results as we won 2 in a row and picked up another 8 wins in the next 11 games. We couldn't quite keep up the form after that, but it was enough to get a safe mid table position.

All Cups - Like last year, pretty terrible.

Transfers - Lots of transfers again, as usual at this stage. Hard to find good quality players.

Finances - Much better, mostly thanks to gate receipts being about 7x that of last year, and getting a couple of away game friendlies against Celtic and Rangers in pre-season.

Squad - Big squad again, people coming and going through the season when ever my scouts came back with good reports. Not really pleased with the overall performance. Very inconsistent and a few really shocking individual performances especially by the defenders.

Some decent performers

Ambalu - The striker joined on free in January and scored 10 in 11. Big part in turning our season around.

Wiktorski - Another joining late after being released from Berwick. Consistent performer.

Thomson - 16 year old attacker. I think it's the first time I've ever had a 16 year old play this much. He scored 9 goals from an attacking midfield position.

Comrie - Another youngster doing a great job scoring 8 and assisting 8.

History

to be continued ...

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2017/18 - Season 3

1st in Scottish League 1 (Graph) - The league started badly as it took us 6 games to record the first win. We didn't really play bad though, and we were winning cup games in between the league matches. When the new players finally started to gel and our attackers found the net we slowly began climbing up the table. By the end of the year we were firmly in the top 4 fighting for a playoff spot.

Before the last game of the season we were in 2nd place just 1 point behind Albion Rovers in 1st and of course we had to play just them on the final day. We actually beat them twice and drew once in the first 3 meetings this season so a top spot and direct promotion was definitely within reach. The first half was about as fun as watching paint dry, with both teams barely getting a shot on goal. I told my players I expected a lot more in the 2nd half and they listened as we dominated the 2nd half completely. After 61' minutes Shankland finally gave us the lead, but Albion Rovers were given a dubious penalty just 5 minutes later. We kept pressing, but a couple of minutes into overtime it was still 1-1. I was about to walk over to the Rovers manager and congratulate him when we were given a very soft penalty. Young John Comrie stepped up and put it away 3 minutes into overtime to give us the 2-1 win and a direct promotion. The Rovers manager was furious, even though I tried telling him their penalty was just as soft, but he wouldn't listen and went down the tunnel fuming. Meanwhile I went to celebrate with my players. A perfect end to the season.

All Cups - We had a half decent run in all cups this season, eventually losing out to Premiership teams in all 3. Actually Aberdeen was in the Championship, but they won it and got promoted, so close enough. We also beat one Premiership team, Falkirk 3-2 at home. Good performance.

Transfers and Finances - Plenty of transfers in and out throughout the season once again. Still just free transfers though. Finances are still good for this level, but almost all of our profit came from the £105k bonus of winning League 1.

Squad - Big squad, not a lot of players playing 30+ matches yet. Pleased to have quite a few goal scorers, but not so pleased with the average performance of most players. Very inconsistent, getting 5.4 ratings one game and 8.0+ the next. Still, the bottom 3 leagues of Scotland seem very even in quality, so I'm hoping most of the squad can stay and be good enough to keep us up.

Some decent performers

Crooks - A new striker who had League 1 experience. Top scorer and also assisting plenty.

Comrie - The youngster is still providing goals and assists and he got us promoted with his penalty goal.

Ferguson - Another young attacking player having a good season.

Shankland - Joined later in the season, but was one of the first names on the team sheets after that.

Robson - Skeptical about bringing in a 38 year old, but his mental stats were just miles above anyone else. Injured a lot, but when playing he was brilliant.

Grant - He played almost every game and was very consistent. Rarely exceptional though.

History

to be continued ...

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2018/19 - Season 4

2nd in Scottish Championship (Graph) - It started a bit like last season with only 2 wins in the first 11 league matches. This included a terrible 6-0 loss to Dunfermline and I thought for sure we were going to be fighting against relegation with Albion Rovers and Raith. But then things started clicking again, just like last season, 17 games without a loss with 14 wins put us into the promotion race. Our form dipped a bit again, also just like last season, but we still managed to finish 2nd and was into the playoffs.

Playoffs - We beat St. Johnstone over 2 matches in the 2nd round, once again through an insane penalty shoot out, winning it 11-10 this time. Motherwell who finished 2nd to last in the Premiership and won the Scottish cup just days before were our opponent in the final. We managed to get away with only losing 1-0 away, but the home game just showed the difference in quality. Even though the result was decent, a 3-2 loss, they completely outplayed us. So no promotion just yet, which is probably just as well.

All Cups - Much like last year, decent start, but no chance against the top sides.

Transfers and Finances - Lots of transfers again, but I feel like I'm finally getting a feel for my squad now. Even spent money on a couple, none of them made a huge impact though. Finances are looking great still, with £424k from price money for coming 2nd in the league being the biggest source of income.

I asked the board for a upgrade to the youth facilities last summer and they said yes. Work on it just started and it should be done in January.

Squad - More players were regular starters this season than before. The squad was a bit bigger than shown in the screenshot as the playoff final was played in June and several contracts ran out in May. So all these players have at least one more year on their contract and hopefully with a few additions we can push for promotion again. Not gonna get my hopes up though.

Some decent performers

Monti - Absolute beast in his attacking midfield role scoring 24 and assisting 16.

Kelly - Young striker scoring 23 goals and assisting 9.

Shankland - Another good season from the versatile man.

Brooks-Meade - Experienced goalkeeper, very consistent.

Gallagher - Still can't manage to get my defenders above 7.0 average rating, but Declan came close this season.

History

to be continued ...

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2019/20 - Season 5

2nd in Scottish Championship (Graph) - Pretty much a copy of last season. Finishing 2nd behind a much better team and going into playoffs again.

Playoffs - Once again we needed penalties to get to the final. Partick Thistle wasn't anywhere near as bad as Motherwell though and we beat them fairly comfortably 3-1 over the 2 games. Into the Premiership we go.

All Cups - We won the Challenge Cup and picked up our first trophy. Bad performance in the other cups.

Transfers and Finances - Less transfer activity this time, especially throuhout the season. Finances are still good.

Squad - Squad was big, but the 1st eleven (or 14-15) was mostly a given. Many will not be given new contracts.

Some decent performers

Kane - Goals and assists.

Holmes - More goals and assists.

Kelly - Even more goals and assists.

Dow - ...

Faure - Released by Rangers the Frenchman became our first defender to reach the magical 7.0 average rating over a whole season.

History

to be continued ...

I think it has been discussed before, but what is thought about taking over a club that was in the lowest available division in the 1st game season, but who were then relegated and then subsequently promoted back again? Forbidden or allowed here?

Congratulations Ohanzee, into the big time! What's the Premiership like? Has the duopoly of Celtic and Rangers been re-established?

Celtic have won it every season except one. They came 3rd behind St. Mirren and Kilmarnock a couple of seasons ago. Rangers came 3rd in their first season back at the top followed by 10th, 4th, 6th, 5th and currently 7th this season. Looking at their 1st team squad wages it's between £2,2k and £8,5k a week, which is miles above ours, but also far far below Celtic. Most of Celtics players are between £12k and £35k with 11 players above £20k. Meanwhile we have a total budget of £12k for our entire squad.

I'm about half way through the season and struggling, but not completely lost yet. The club became professional and the scouting range was increased to Europe (from just Scotland). I could also hire 8 scouts instead of 4, which I did and sent them all around Europe. Complete and utter waste of time. They are finding plenty of good players who they thing we can sign, but they all want £2k-£10k ore more a week and I can give £500. Doing my head in as I "filter unrealistic", but they still all show up even though they want 20x what I can offer them.

Also had to sell one of my biggest talents to Motherwell for £89k as he was on a one year £1,1k a week contract (after triggering lots of % bonuses when promoting) and I needed to free up wages to sign anyone at all. I brought in any young talent I could attract with my pathetic wage budget. So far we're mostly relying on last seasons squad with 4-5 loan deals though, as the youngsters are no where near good enough yet.

We keep breaking records though. I think I've seen 4-5 times now that we beat the all time Premiership record for lowest attendance in a game. :o

I was kind of hoping we'd at least make more money this season (with TV rights and more attractive games), but so far we've lost £220k. Luckily even if we finish dead last we'll be getting almost £1M in price money, so that'll help a lot and hopefully (crossing fingers) make the board increase the wage budget. Hopefully we can just stay up and take it one step at a time.

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2020/21 - Season 6

9th in Scottish Premiership (Graph) - We started the season pretty badly, which was to be expected after not being able to strengthen the squad at all. For the first 20-30 matches we were floating around the bottom 3 together with St Johnstone and Ross County. When the league split in two after 33 matches we drew with St. Mirren and then beat Rangers and Ross County in the next two matches effectively securing our place with two games to go. I'm really surprised to see Rangers down there, their resources are just so much bigger than ours. Anyways, I'm very pleased and a bit surprised that we managed to stay up.

All Cups - Lost terribly to Celtic in both cups, got to the final in the League Cup before meeting them though. Sadly the wrong cup in terms of European football.

Transfers and Finances - A few transfers, but we couldn't really improve the squad as the wage budget stayed the same as last season. Mostly young promising players that didn't get many matches and a few decent loan deals. Finances look ok, but as you can see we now have a bank loan of £3,6M. This will be used to increase the stadium by 1,402 seats. It will double our capacity, so I guess it's a good investment. Really happy it's funded by a loan though.

Squad ratings - Just one regular starter above 7.00 rating. Bit surprised that we did so well with almost the same 1st eleven as last year.

Some decent performers

Ryan Dow - Another good season by the attacking player. Surprised he took the step up tbh.

Gordon Kelly - Still scoring goals. If only he was a bit quicker.

Michael Templeton - The only real improvement to the squad and my brightest talent by far. Really hoping we can hang on to him.

History

to be continued ...

Trier.jpg

So its began for yet another year with Trier.

Before I introduce my profile and a little bit about the team, I will explain my deep rooted affection for this little German Football club. In 2008 I came across this challenge and decided that I would go to Germany to begin my managerial career. I fell for this club in the save, I did eventually in 2008 bring them to the Bundesliga but didn’t manage to get any further.

Away from the game in early 2009 me and some friends decided to do a bit of traveling around Europe using only the trains. It was an amazing time and we managed to catch a few games. At one stage we found ourselves not far from Trier and I decided to catch a game, at this stage I was already playing as them in 2009 Football Manager. Whilst at the game my affection for this club grew even further, it was a fantastic trip with my friends and we enjoyed that part of the holiday immensely. I have been back to Trier a few times in the intervening years, I even took my wife but she cannot understand my passion for this small German club much like she does not appreciate my love for Livorno Calcio in Italy, which is for a different day.

So now for the game. My aim this year is to play this until the new game comes out. I am unsure where that will lead me but I feel that I have a good grip on tactics and should make a decent enough fist of things, I will disappointed if I can not lead this team to the Bundesliga before the new game comes out. One slightly worrying note is that I seem not to be entered for the German Cup, I will presume this will sort itself out next year.

General

Facilities

Me

Good luck with Trier ashton321! Germany is good fun, I enjoyed my stay there earlier this year a lot.

Cheers pal, I am coming to the end of the first season and it looks like a decent first year. I think I am safe, it will probably be a mid table result for us.

The German Cup is set up quite strangely in the game. Only the bundesliga, 2.bundesliga and the top four (I think) 3.liga sides qualify for it, and with the rest of the teams being non-league. The rest of 3.liga don't enter.

Fantastic that clears things up for me.

Cheers pal.

[

SV Eintrach Trier – 2014/15 - End of Season Update

Trier.jpg

League/Graph : As ever in these challenges the first and perhaps most vital task is to stay up in year one. We did this with relative ease it would seem but it certainly did not feel like that early on.

I adopted a slightly more attacking formation than I normally would early on as I felt that I had the attacking talents needed to at any time score more than the opposition. I was wildly off the mark with this as I took some hammerings early on and really struggled to get any points.

As seems popular in this years game I decided to drop one of my strikers and bring on a defensive midfield player whilst the other would in effect become an attacking midfield player and adopt the much lorded false 9 position. This worked a treat as immediately wins began to trickle through.

At one stage it looked very much like we could make a last minute dash into the top half but it was not to be, all in all it was a very good season and one that I am more than happy to have out of the way.

German Cup : We didn’t get entered into this, I hope it was just an oversight of some sort and we are in it next year otherwise it could become an issue for me, as who doesn’t love a good cup run.

Transfers : I fell on my feet here. The old manager arranged all of the transfers save for one. His transfers were pretty good non were world beaters but all would add good depth to my pretty small squad. I brought in just the one player who would now be my new number 1. The players that left were coming to the end of their contracts and I didn’t rate them so I decided that they could leave the Moselstadion.

Finances : As usual for me at this level awful.

Intake - A great intake for us with some stars of the future surely coming through.

Stars

Kushtrim Lushtaku – The goal threat for us this year. He has been excellent up top for us and he has managed to score the important goals. Plays mainly in the false 9 spot and with his skills to play in the middle of the park he is perfect for that role at this level.

Sylvano Comvalius – The creator in chief for us this year. To be fair anything we did that was good went through this lad. If I was to be hyper critical in the position he plays he needs to come back more to help out but all in all a great season for him.

Alon Abelski – With all of the attacking midfield talent at our disposal, I have to try and find one that can also defend and this is the lad. He is excellent going forward but adds some much needed steel in the middle. Doesn’t score a lot and you wont see his name come up in the commentary much, but when he was injured this year we really felt his absence a lot. In my eyes a bit of an unsung hero and one of my favourite players here.

Career Summary

Season   Team              League          Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  Trier         Budasliga 3          12th         Survived. 

Next Season

Well it all has to be about improvements. I would like to break into the top 8. If I was to do that I would be thrilled. I think I need to add a few more faces over the summer especially at the back where we look a little weaker than I would ideally like. A cup run would also be nice but I am uncertain if I will be entered. Financially were are in a huge amount of debt, I worry that my wage budget will be reduced and I will have to sell players to get back to near the budget.

I am slightly worried by this summer but we will see what it brings

Nuova_Cosenza_Calcio_zps3c7640df.png

Nuova Cosenza - Season 2030-31

UEFA Champions League

Target: Group Stage

We were positioned in pot 3, and ended up getting drawn against Belgian champions Club Brugge, Valencia, the club who had had our captain Roberto in their academy, and Manchester United, for the second time.

A slow start to the season was unfortunately continued with our first match at Old Trafford. We were poor defensively, and not much better on the rare occasions we did get the ball forward. We did score twice - Roberto getting on the end of a free-kick at the end of the first half, and Libis Romana taking advantage of some poor defending at the start of the second - it's just a shame about the 5 we let in.

Club Brugge seemed like a slightly easier tie - especially being at San Vito. And so it proved, with a Roberto header being spilled by the keeper and the Spaniard getting the follow up in the 18th minute. A long-cross from Jean-Claude Brun was collected by Romana to extend the lead a few minutes later, and Gioele Corradini sent in a cross in the 67th minute which was hit in first-time by Emanuele Marro to confirm the win. Our trip to Valencia saw three goals in 8 minutes, with Jordan Duriez getting his first Cosenza goal with an excellent solo run, Frane Gabric taking advantage of a defensive mix-up to make it two, and Romana playing a one-two with Duriez to make it three. We were looking good at this point but...

Against Valencia in Italy, Zach Maddox scored once at the start, and once at the end. Unfortunately, poor defending meant we ended up losing what had been an equal game 4-2. We were in trouble now, and needed a win against Man Utd. We had chances, so did they, but the defending was fairly solid and we ended up going out on a 0-0. The final match was in Belgium. Romana gave us an early lead making a superb run. The Belgians came back strong against a seemingly complacent Cosenza, and they got an equalizer past Wallace in the 67th minute. Late on, however, Maddox chipped a ball forward for Romana, and he grabbed us a second goal.

The Colombian's late winner was enough, but late on right-back Tibor Toth scored an absolutely world class strike from about 70 yards out. World class strike in this context means "played a long ball upfield looking for Maddox, over hit it, keeper misjudged the catch, ball went in net". So that was a rather bizarre end to a disappointing campaign.

Group E: Man Utd 5-2 Cosenza | Cosenza 3-0 Club Brugge | Valencia 0-3 Cosenza | Cosenza 2-4 Valencia | Cosenza 0-0 Man Utd | Club Brugge 1-3 Cosenza | Table

Serie A

Target: Champions League

Disappointing start with only 1 win in our first 5. But, we turned it around, started winning and picking up points. We had 9 consecutive wins from the start of December to mid-February, but a following run of 6 winless games ended any narrow hopes of challenging for the title. Eventually, we started winning again, and we managed to get up to second place, 15 points down on Juventus.

H: 11-6-2 (32-15)

A: 8-4-7 (22-24)

Table | Graph | Fixtures

UEFA Europa League

Target: Quarter Final

Champions League 3rd place meant demotion to the Europa League, starting out with a trip to Viktoria Plzen. The Czechs took an early lead after a shot rebounded off the post to a striker, but Welsh winger Lee Wigg levelled up a few minutes later following a pass from Zach Maddox. Maddox set up the next goal too, his pass being headed in by Frane Gabric. In first half injury time however Jan Meisel lost the ball on the edge of the area and Plzen scored an equaliser that Vincenzo Pelatti should've done more about. Early in the second half a poor Plzen backpass was easily intercepted by Maddox, who restored the lead, before extending it with a shot from the edge of the area a minute later. The win was sealed by Gabric in the 60th minute, who collected a long ball from Maddox and rounded the keeper for a tap in. 5-2 first leg win.

The second leg saw a rather rotated team, but that didn't help Plzen, as Jordan Duriez opened the scoring in the 3rd minute from a narrow angle. The Czechs grabbed a quick equalizer after Teimuraz Todua mis-headed a clearence, but Libis Romana regained our lead a few minutes later after a Duriez cross was headed to his feet by Peter Cech. Before halftime, two more goals followed from the same scorers - Duriez running alone from inside the Cosenza half and Romana finishing from a Cech cross. Gabric extended the lead a few minutes into the second galf following a goalmouth scramble, before Romana complete the hat-trick after a long ball forward from Tibor Toth. 6-1, 11-3 aggregate, Good result.

A trip to Scotland to play Glasgow Rangers next, which started badly as Rangers scored from a corner. Gioele Corradini crossed in for Romana to level the scores a few minutes later, before Rangers regained their lead from a counter attack. Before the end of the half however, a Rangers free kick was cleared to an unmarked Emanuele Marro, who ran alone to easily equalise. Rangers scored again in the second half, and for a while that looked like that, but late on Corradini crossed in for Duriez to head in the equaliser. Minutes later a Marro backheel enabled Romana to score, giving us the lead of a match that for so long we had looked like we would lose. The away goals meant that Rangers would effectively need a 2 goal win at San Vito to qualify. They got a goal late in the first half after a couple of chances were saved, but Duriez crossed for Romana to equalise on the night. Although Rangers quickly got another goal, they couldn't find the third goal they needed, and we snuck through to a match against Newcastle.

The first leg in Italy was an oppotunity wasted. Romana gave us a lead 30 minutes in, heading in from Cech's cross. For a while that looked like enough, but Newcastle leveled in the 77th minute. A few minutes on Iyo Panayotov tapped in from a Corradini cross, which should have been enough, but before the end of the match Newcastle broke through again and the match finished 2-2, with them having the away goal advantage. We needed to score at St James' Park, so we did. Cech headed in from a corner in the 7th minute, and a few minutes later a Hichem Amiri cross from the right wing soared into the net. 20 Minutes later, the Algerian sent in a - less goalbound - cross, which Wigg headed in. A late goal from Newcastle was too little, too late.

The semi-finals saw us against Leverkusen, in what would prove a controversial tie. An injury to Wigg resulted in the first half being extended well beyond the minimum added time, and in the 45+6th minute Leverkusen were judged - perhaps harshly - to have fouled Gabric in the area, giving Meisel the chance to give us the lead, which he did. Perhaps the iffy-ness of the penalty had some influence on subsequent events, as Maddox went down in the area looking for another one, and the ref judged this one to have been a dive and sent the Englishman down the tunnel. Despite our disadvantage, Leverkusen failed to grab an equaliser. In Germany, the home side needed a goal, but a strong defensive line - led by captain Roberto - held solid and sent us to the final.

A match in Amsterdam against Tottenham for the Europa League then. Unfortunately, our strikers had an extremely disappointing performance, and Spurs's strikers didn't. It was settle by a single goal, Spurs's Mexican captain Mario Luna picking up a pass, rounding Roberto and firing past Wallace. Despite our efforts - and Spurs being reduced to ten men for a foul - we were unable to get the breakthrough, and lost the final 1-0.

Bugger.

Viktoria Plzen 3-11 Cosenza

Rangers 5-5 Cosenza (Cosenza win on away goals)

Cosenza 5-3 Newcastle

Cosenza 1-0 Leverkusen

Cosenza 0-1 Tottenham

Italian Cup

An easy first round against lower-division Lecce, with Maddox getting a hat-trick - first by hitting in a Romana cross, then by getting to the deflection after the 'keeper failed to hold his inital strike, and finally by heading in from youngster Yannik Unger. Jan Meisel secured the win with a penalty after Maddox was fouled late on. A quarter final against Sampdoria was next. Maddox intercepted a thrown ball from the keeper, and got an opening goal in the 18th minute. Early in the second half Tibor Toth was judged to have fouled a striker, and Sampdoria equalised with the resultant penalty. Maddox swiftly regained the lead, and Arthur Agaliotis got his first goal on the season late on. It turned out to be crucial, as Sampdoria managed to score a second but not a third.

The semi-final was Cosenza v Cesana. Maddox headed in the first goal in the 48th second, and Gioele Corradini scored a second a few minutes later. Frane Gabric got a third after the keeper failed to save a Maddox shot, and the two players combined early in the second half for Gabric to get his second. The hat-trick - and the tie - was completed late on after Unger was fouled in the penalty area. With a 5-0 advantage, the squad was rotated slightly in the second leg. Agaliotis scored early on, but Cesana almost immedately got an equaliser. Hichem Amiri crossed in for Romana to score early in second half, and we were into the final with a 7-1 win.

The final saw us playing the top team in the league - Juventus - just a few days on from our disappointment in Amsterdam. The first-half was goalless, but 15 minutes in Maddox chipped a cross to Jordan Duriez, and he managed to give us a lead. We hoped we could keep onto it, but late on in the second half, Juve broke through and grabbed an equaliser.

Extra-time went on with the scores still level, and it looked inevitable that the match would be settled on penalties. And it was, although a bit earlier and with less kicks than expected. Juventus defender Eron fouled Maddox in the 119th minute - under very little pressure - and despite the protests of Juventus, Duriez was given the oppertunity to win us the Italian Cup.

He didn't disappoint.

Cosenza 4-1 Lecce

Cosenza 3-2 Sampdoria

Cosenza 7-1 Cesena

Cosenza 2-1 Juventus AET

250px-Coccarda_Coppa_Italiasvg_zps29ab8088.png

Squad

Transfers

Team of the Season

GK 1 Marley Wallace (BRA) - Missed much of the season with injury, but remained strong while available.

DR 2 Peter Cech (SVK) - Playing regularly at right back and right-wing

DC 4 Roberto (ESP) - Still a regular and playing well, but past his peak and likely needing replacement sooner rather than later.

DC 5 Edmond Cela (ALB) - Played well alongside Roberto.

DL 23 Nahuel Sanchez (ARG) - New arrival, had a bad start (missing one early match ater being spotted in a nightclub) but settled into the first team.

MR 11 Giole Corradini (ITA) - Playing well on the right-wing

MC 7 Jan Meisel (DEN) - A creative force in central midfield, with 16 assists.

MC 18 Iyo Panayotov (BUL) - Not as many assists as Jan, but still a key player.

ML 25 Lee Wigg (WAL) - Welsh winger who, having done little for his first two seasons, took advantage of injuries to become a first team regular. 13 assists.

ST 10 Zach Maddox (ENG) - 32 goals in 36 games. Unsurprisingly Top Goalscorer and Serie A Young Player of the Year runner-up

ST 9 Frane Gabric (CRO) - Remained a top striker, even if he couldn't get quite as many goals as Zach.

S GK 13 Vincenzo Pelatti (ITA) - Made a few appearances with Marley injured. Wasn't terrible, but didn't look like a first teamer.

S DC 20 Teimuraz Todua (GEO) - Useful backup, retired at the end of the season

S MC 34 Michel Onana (CAM) - Making regular appearances in Center-mid

S ST 25 Libis Romana (COL) - Third choice striker, but got more games than others due to injuries.

S ST 15 Arthur Agaliotis (GRE) - Managed to get to 96 league goals, beating Yaran's record, before leaving the club.

S DR 14 Tibor Toth (HUN) -

S ST 19 Emanuele Marro (ITA) - Struggling to establish himself over Zach, Frane and Libis

Best XI: Wallace, Kraus, Roberto, Solini, Brun, Luperini, Agaliotis, Wang, Facchinetti, Oddi, Yaran

Subs: Trini, Cech, Gomez, Gillespie, Gabric, Toth, Parodi

Me

Cosenza

Good first season ashton321. Just 1 draw in 38 matches is quite interesting to. Turn half of those defeats into anything else and you'll be fighting for promotion.

Unlucky in the UCL GwilymJJames, 10 points and still not through is harsh and rare. Nice run in the UEL though. Interesting seeing Juventus still that strong in 30/31.

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2021/22 - Season 7

10th in Scottish Premiership (Graph) - Absolutely abysmal performance for the first half of the season. Took us 17 matches to record our first win. Just 6 points through draws before that. Then all of a sudden we woke up and lost just 1 in the next 11. In the end we barely stayed away from the relegation playoffs. I'm not sure what happened, maybe to many new players and not being true to my tactics when things started badly.

All Cups - Night and day compared to the league. While it took us until Christmas to record a win in the league we couldn't stop winning in the cups. Won every single game we played, beating all the top 3 sides in the league at some stage and winning both cups. This puts us in Europe, which I'm sure we'll make a big mess out of. Clubs gonna love coming to our 2,6k all seater though.

Transfers and Finances - Lots of transfers, all free. Some loan signings later in the season helped save us in the league. Finances look decent, but we're losing money now from the loan.

Squad ratings - I'm not happy at all with my defenders. I'm considering throwing each and every one of them out, but a few of them are talented, they just don't show it. In offense we do better, with goals and assists coming from many players.

Some decent performers

Michael Templeton - Another good season.

Olexandr Rybalchenko - The only real new star so far. I tried signing several Ukranian, but he was the only one getting a work permit sadly.

Ivan Fiolic - Decent season by the Croatian midfielder. Inconsistent.

Marko Pavlov - On loan striker that was a hug part in turning things around.

History

to be continued ... I'll make a table of some sorts after next season, it's probably time.

Good first season ashton321. Just 1 draw in 38 matches is quite interesting to. Turn half of those defeats into anything else and you'll be fighting for promotion.

You know I didn't even notice that. We have had a bit more of a clear out in the summer than I liked so I had to make more signings than I would have liked to as well.

Great season you had, well in the cups anyway. Good luck in Europe next year mate. Bit quiet on here I thought this was usually one of the more active Challenge threads, although I have not been in here for a good while.

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2022/23 - Season 8

8th in Scottish Premiership (Graph) - Better performance this season, much more consistent. Still losing way to many matches, but at least we managed a positive goal difference for the first time since joining the top division. Also of note, Celtic didn't win it, they had a terrible start and never caught back up.

All Cups - Ofc once we do decent in the league the cups go straight down the bucket. Terrible performance.

Europe - Managed to get past Slovan Liberec in the 3rd Qual. Rnd, but PSV was to strong in the playoffs. Interesting fact was that our stadium was not up to the standard of UEFA so we had to play at the rugby stadium Murrayfield in Edinburgh. 41k people showed up. I have a feeling at least 35k of those were from Holland though.

Transfers and Finances - Had to sell Rybalchenko and Fiolic leaving us short on quality in midfield. Even with that £3,5M in transfer fees we only made a £1M profit, so we're really in some trouble unless we can keep selling or can somehow get into Europe. The board have no intention of expanding our stadium, but will improve the training facilities slightly.

Squad ratings - Bit better, but no on really blowing my mind yet.

Some decent performers

Michael Templeton - Another good season.

Rostyslav Kovalenko - New Ukranian striker and top scorer in his first season.

Marijan Kranjcar - Meade retired making space for this kid who had been moaning about play time all of last season. He did well.

Mario Skulic - Rare to have a defender here, but Skulic really stepped it up a few notches this season compared to last.

[b]Selkirk History[/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS	CUPS		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]15/16[/b]	LEA2	2nd	...		...		Promoted
[b]16/17[/b]	LEA1	6th	...		...	
[b]17/18[/b]	LEA1	1st	...		...		Promoted
[b]18/19[/b]	CHMP	2nd	...		...		
[b]19/20[/b]	CHMP	2nd	CC won		...		Promoted, won 1st trophy
[b]20/21[/b]	PREM	9th	...		...		
[b]21/22[/b]	PREM	10th	Won LC and SC	...		2 trophies, Qual for Europe
[b]22/23[/b]	PREM	8th	...		EL Playoff	
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC=Challenge Cup LC=League Cup, SC=Scottish Cup, EL=Europa League, ECL=Champions League

[

SV Eintrach Trier – 2015/16 - End of Season Update

Trier.jpg

League/Graph : We began the season in unreal form we were scoring for fun and winning every game. I was convinced that at this stage we would be promoted with ease. It didn't happen as we slowly began to loose form. We did manage to pick it up towards the middle of the season, but couldn't hold on. We had an awful end to the year which left us further down the table than we really should have been. A little disappointing.

German Cup : Not entered

Transfers : I let a few players leave over the summer who I didn't really want to let go. I did also sell some of my youth team for fantastic sums of cash, mainly as they were only geared towards being good at this level and I would hope by the time they come into my squad we should be at a higher level. I added many new faces who all added better depth and quality to my squad so overall I am pleased.

Finances : Slowly getting worse

Intake - Decent but not quiet as good as last year.

Stars

Kushtrim Lushtaku – I have no idea why he scores so much he really shouldn't but still does. Has persuaded me to be my goal threat next year

Felix Muller – Took over as the creator for us this year. He was excellent all year round and was the lifeblood of this team. He will be here next year and I will expect much of the same.

Adama Diakite – He came in early this year and performed well for me. Nothing ever spectacular but solid. I am sure he will continue his form next year.

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  Trier         Bundasliga 3        7th      

Next Season

We have boardroom elections this summer so I would like for someone to come in with some cash to get rid of our debt. I would also like to push on in the league and get into the top 5 and maybe even promotion, we will need to add a little more depth to our squad. Should be a fairly exciting season for us next year.

Sorry to see the form didn't last ashton321, seems to be happening a lot in this version, very inconsistent with many ups and downs. Hopefully you can push for promotion next season. Money trouble tend to go away fast in Germany once you go up the leagues and price money increases. (PS! Some of your screens are from last season, league table, Diakite (show Abelski)).

Sorry to see the form didn't last ashton321, seems to be happening a lot in this version, very inconsistent with many ups and downs. Hopefully you can push for promotion next season. Money trouble tend to go away fast in Germany once you go up the leagues and price money increases. (PS! Some of your screens are from last season, league table, Diakite (show Abelski)).

Should be sorted now pal sorry.

Good news I am in the German Cup next year which is great.

Selkirk (The Scouters) - 2023/24 - Season 9

2nd in Scottish Premiership - (Graph) - Decided to change formation this season. Gave up on trying to defend and went all gung ho with 3 pure strikers. Some interesting matches, but it brought us big success. Only Celtic scored more and they were pretty much untouchable up there. 6 of their best players were loan deals, including this crazy striker from PSG. You can only imagine what kind of strikers PSG have in their team.

Into Europe again next season, but only the Europa League as Scotland isn't good enough to have more than one Champions League spot.

All Cups - Won the Scottish Cup, lost the League Cup final.

Transfers and Finances - Not that many transfers this season, but most of them were useful. Finances worse again, gonna have to pray for at least one big match in Europe next season.

Squad ratings - Interestingly when we win games, even our defenders play well, even if we concede 3 and score 6. The attackers are the real stars though.

Some decent performers

Daniel Aasarød - Quick Norwegian striker. Lots of assists and goals.

Rostyslav Kovalenko - Another good season.

Andy Kawaya - Was offered to me by his agent late in the season, but I scouted him as well before deciding. He's been playing in Belgium for Mons, after leaving Anderlecht. He's even faster than Aasarød, and was absolutely brilliant for the last part of the season.

Birkir Már Kristinsson - Young promising striker.

Michael Templeton - Another good season, top scorer.

Jamie McLean - Joined last season, but really stepped it up this year. 14 goals from midfield is more than I could ask for.

Alvaro Pejenaute - His 3rd season, finally stepped it up.

Rune Mogensen - His 2nd season, also improved a lot.

Bryan Downey - His 3rd season and finally a central defender is playing well.

Marjan Mocic - On loan goal keeper that had plenty to do.

History

[b]Selkirk History[/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS	CUPS		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
[b]15/16[/b]	LEA2	2nd	...		...		Promoted
[b]16/17[/b]	LEA1	6th	...		...	
[b]17/18[/b]	LEA1	1st	...		...		Promoted
[b]18/19[/b]	CHMP	2nd	...		...		
[b]19/20[/b]	CHMP	2nd	CC won		...		Promoted, won 1st trophy
[b]20/21[/b]	PREM	9th	...		...		
[b]21/22[/b]	PREM	10th	Won LC and SC	...		2 trophies, Qual for Europe
[b]22/23[/b]	PREM	8th	...		EL Playoff	
[b]23/24[/b]	PREM	2nd	Won SC		...		1 trophy, Qual for Europe
CC=Challenge Cup LC=League Cup, SC=Scottish Cup, EL=Europa League, ECL=Champions League

SV Eintrach Trier - 2016/17 - End of Season Update

Trier.jpg

League/Graph : Well two things happened this year that I was not expecting.

1 – We struggled so much and only mathematically made ourselves safe on the last day.

2 – I enjoyed the scrap so much.

This year was tough to take, we did not start well and seem to struggle against all of our opponents, this made we shift from my narrow 4-1-4-1 to a more expansive and wide 4-4-1-1. I switched and changed tactics many times throughout the year before eventually settling on the 4-4-1-1. It seemed to work (little spoiler it gets even better after using after a pre season) it relies heavily on the Counter Attack as I finally decided to drop my more controlling tactic.

It was a great feeling to celebrate every goal, every point and especially the few wins. I seem to love a good relegation scrap, who knew.

German Cup : Was actually entered this year at home to Stuttgart, we lost 2-0.

Transfers : Only the 4 new players come in, the first three were all to fit into the tactic that I had been playing for the last 2 years, as that started to come undone I had to branch out and sign another right midfielder to fit into my new tactic. Of the outgoing just the first one was somewhat of a regret as he was a very good utility player but he wanted to much cash to stay. All the others were not getting any game time and I let them go rather than paying their wages.

Finances : Not great again this year but I will be looking to make a few more sales this year and I have trimmed the wage budget, but I think I just need to accept that you just don’t make any money in this league.

Intake – Worst one so far, I took the radical step of not signing any as those little youth contracts soon add up.

Stars

Matthias Cuntz – Not many people came out of this year with any great showing but this unfortunately named midfield player did. He was a rock in the middle of the park and in the new formation really began to show how vital he can be for me. I was considering letting him go at the end of the year but given his recent performance he will be given a new deal.

Felix Muller – Was perhaps not as good as he was last year but in a very difficult situation he did very well. He was excellent in creating what few chances we had again once the tactics changed he seemed to thrive sitting behind the lone striker seemed to release him a little, I will expect a much better season next year from my new captain.

Kilian Pruschke – Been here for a few years now and was my first ever signing with this club. Seemed to get better this year and really cemented himself as one of the best keepers at this level. Conceded a few but it could have been so much worse, I would honestly say that without him we would have been relegated. I have noted that some big clubs have some interest in him so I have just signed him to a new 2 year deal.

Career Summary

2015/16  Trier         Bundasliga 3        7th   
2016/15  Trier         Bundasliga 3        17th          Survived.   

Next Season

We cannot have another year like this. I really believe that we have a decent squad for this level now and that with a bit of luck we could rocket up the table, I would expect at least a safe mid table finish anywhere between 7th and 12th would keep me happy. In an ideal world if I could crack the top 7 I would be made up but after the disappointment of last year this could be a little too much to ask from my team.

Really enjoying this save more that I have done with any other game for a long time, just hope the thread picks up some activity again soon.

Well the next season has begun very well, with 4 wins and a draw. Bring on the forum curse.

Here it is, not won since this now on game 17 in the league drew only two. Took some beatings including 7-0, back to the tactics board I think.

I signed a new deal just prior to this horrible run but now my job is insecure

League[/b] - What began so well has ended in disappointment. I am gutted, I feel that all my hard work has been for nothing. I have spent some wonderful time here but its now over. I was drawing the last game which was enough to keep me up, they scored in the last minute to beat me and send me down. I am gutted. I will not give up this though, I will be off to a new country very soon.

Archived