Sports Interactive Community
Lower Leagues Rule

FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

Well done on your first season in Ligue 1 rlipscombe if you can manage to tighten up your defence a bit in sure a top half finish is more than realistic for next season. Also some of them kids you have look really promising especially Khaled Guendouz and Mohamed Aarab :).

Thanks. we far exceeded my expecations to be honest. i have a big summer ahead i feel in order to try and progress further next season. as for the kids i have been so blessed with them. There's lots of others that i could showcase as good prospects - maybe i'll do a special post on them at some point.

Le-Mans-FC.png

1. Ligue 1

2. Season 1 – 2018/19

Table|Graph|Squad 1|Squad 2|Finances|Club Info|Profile[/url]|Transfers

Media Prediction: 17th

Final Position: 13th

Ligue 1

I am overall really happy with how the season went as we comfortably avoided relegation back to Ligue 2 in our debut season in the top flight. After a jittery start including the aforementioned thrashing by PSG we settled down and started picking up the wins. Initially I tweaked my formation for away games to make us a little more defensive but as the season wore on we kept the same attacking formation home and away. This led to a few high scoring matches including a 6-4 away defeat to Montpellier. (I think it was them anyway) Goalscoring proved to be something we could do – it was the league high 77 conceded that held us back. I think it’s easy to see where we may need to improve for next season.

Coupe de la Ligue

A 3rd round away win at La Berrichonne saw us through to the 4th round where we crashed out at home to Tours FC. Another short run cup adventure.

Coupe de France

Unlike the Coupe de la Ligue, we had a great run in the Coupe de France. Victories against Evian, Lyon and Toulouse saw us drawn to face Bordeaux in the Quarter Finals. A thrilling 4-3 win saw us reach the semi finals and a match against the mighty PSG. Having gone into the game with no hope we managed to get to half time 0-0. We managed to amazingly score first before conceding two goals to be trailing 2-1 going into the final few minutes. Then, to his parent clubs despair midfielder Galim smashed home from 25 yards to send us to extra time. Extra time agonisingly passed by and penalties it was. We somehow held our nerve and PSG were beaten!! Le Mans were off to the cup final!

The final itself was against La Berrichonne. We were hamstrung by the game being so late in the season as M’Bala YP1, Brown and Galim were all on international duty. As a result we had a weakened midfield and it showed. The 90 minutes passed by with barely an incident. As extra time ticked away we snatched a goal, in the 118th minute! Le Mans were going to win the Cup! Unfortunately we switched off at the restart and La Berrichonne snatched a last minute equaliser to send us to penalties once more. Agonisingly penalties went against us and we were left devastated on the Stade de France pitch as La Berrichonne celebrated winning the cup.

Squad

In terms of transfers I felt signings were needed in order to prepare us for Ligue 1. The ability to scout worldwide sent me to Brazil where I made a couple of signings. Steve Shamal was signed permanently for £325k and Voytsekhivskyi returned for another season long loan. I also decided to take a punt on the 35-year old Lisandro Lopez, previously successful in France with Lyon. Although he was on the wane physically, he still looked a solid player and brought experience to the squad.

Starting XI

GK: Roel Oosten - Roel initially joined as cover for Kerr, but soon claimed the jersey after a shaky start to the season by the Jamaican. Performed pretty well all round. I will be looking for a new keeper this summer though.

RB: Gregory Arnaud YP2 - Retained his place despite the step up in quality, Gregory performed pretty well all In all. Still so young too, he can only continue to develop.

CB: Myenty Abena - Dutch defender signed on loan from PSV. Solid season.

CB: Valentyn Voytsekhivskyi - Back on loan for the season, ‘Vale’ handled the step up in quality well and was a star performer. Managed to sign him permanently on a free this summer which I am delighted with.

LB: Paterne M’Bala YP1 - Paterne also remained a first team regular and had a decent season. Still developing all the time, he is a regular in the French U21 squad.

CM: Wilfrid Galim - On a season loan from parent club PSG, he performed well alongside Brown. Scored the equaliser against PSG that saw us reach the Coupe de France cup final.

CM: Adam Brown - Club captain Brown had another good season and handled the step up with ease. Went off the boil a little towards the end of the season though.

RW: Steve Shamal - Signed on a permanent deal, he had a good season though form was a little patchy.

LW: Nogueira - Brazilian winger signed for £75k from Botafogo. Had a good debut season and has good potential

AMC: Alexandre N’Gadi - In and out of the side, he probably just edged Derouard over the season. AMC is an area to improve on this summer.

ST: Dodo - Signed from Sport Recife for £32.5k, he was the revelation of the season. Scorer of 17 league goals, he looks like he could be a star.

Notable Mentions

LB: Gwendall Cloarec - I wanted to include Gwendall as he is another youth team product who played a few league games as deputy to M’Bala. One with great potential.

CM: Mahrez Hadjar - youth prospect who made a few appearances. Notable for the fact I am rejecting £5 million bids for him from Monaco

ST: Olexandr Kozak - Back up to Dodo, scored a few important goals.

Youth Prospects

This seasons intake was, despite still being good, a bit disappointing. As a result I have only picked on this season.

YP1 – Paterna M’Bala - First team Regular

YP2 – Gregory Arnaud - First team regular

YP3 – Mustapha Benali - Developing in the youth team

YP3b – Mohamed Aarab - Continues to develop, he spent the second half of the season on loan at Angers.

YP4 – Djibril Fall – Continuing to develop in the youth team

YP4b – Khaled Guendouz - Developing in the youth team, he actually made a substitute appearance in a cup game and became youngest ever player.

YP4c – Wilson Goncalves - Really developing well, backing up my faith in him.

YP5 - Sadok Sassi - central defender with 4.5* potential, has great potential

The Future

So with our Ligue 1 status preserved, it’s time to look forwards. Our slight drop in form late on aside, I think we can make a push towards to top 10. We’ll need to tighten up our defence a bit and with a bit more luck we can push for the top half. A repeat of a cup final would be nice too as I’ve developed a taste for it now!

Allez les rouges et Jaunes!!

Glad to see someone else having success with Le Mans i am using them in the youth challenge currently in Ligue 1 and PSG are an unstoppable force

Cheers toonbalmy87. ​PSG are certainly looking unstoppable. think it's going to be easier to win the Champions League than Ligue 1 to be honest!

Cheers toonbalmy87. ​PSG are certainly looking unstoppable. think it's going to be easier to win the Champions League than Ligue 1 to be honest!
not if you come up against PSG its not :lol:

193px-Clube_Uniatildeo_Micaelense_logosvg.png

Stuart Brawls, União Micaelense 2019-20, Season 6, Portugal Premier League

Season Targets

With this being our first season the target for the season was to avoid relegation.

Taca De Portugal

We entered the Taca De Portugal in the 3rd round where we were drawn away against Second League side Naval.

A decent performance and 2 goals from Ludo Deceuninck saw us progress.

The 4th Round was again away this time against fellow Premier League side Vit. Setubal. A difficult 90 mins saw us struggle to a 1-1 draw that put us into extra time. Thankfully we improved and 2 goals from Esteves gave us a 3-1 win AET.

A Fifth round tie against Second League side Academica beckoned but we struggled at times and scrapped through with a 1-0 win.

The Sixth round saw the end of our cup run as we were drawn Away against Benfica and despite a spirited performance we lost 1-0.

League Cup

For the first time in 3 years we got further than the 1st group phase in this competition though that was only because we entered it in the second phase thans to being a Premier League side.

The Second Phase was over 2 legs and we drew Varzim of the second league and we comfortably progressed after a 5-1 aggregate win which put us into the 3rd Phase Group with Sporting, Braga and Portimonense.

A 2-2 draw against Portionense and a good 2-0 win over Braga before a 1-0 defeat to Sporting was enough to earn us second place in the group but only the top team progressed to the Semi Final.

League - Premier League

With the aim for the season to avoid relegation the start we made was encouraging as we were comfortably able to maintain a mid table poisition.

Thankfully this form continued and with 5 games to go we found ourselves in 4th place. We then had to face the eventual 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th placed teams and as a result of the tough games and lack of points we dropped down to 9th at the end of the season.

It also meant that we dropped below the 6th place that would have given us Europa league football. But even so i am delighted with the season and would have definately taken the league finish of 9th at the start of the season.

Players

Rafael Veloso - Brought in on a free as a felt i needed a better keeper for the top division. Fantastic season saw him conceed only 47 goals in 37 games and kept 7 clean sheets.

Rafael Alves - Became a backup this season and played in a couple of cup games.

Barata - New signing who had a good solid seaon at right back.

Santo Strano - Backup to Barata though still used from the start 11 times and was good when used inclusing 4 assists.

Leandro - Continues to be our first choice left back and he had another good solid season.

Michael Cunha - Brought in as a backup as we were a bit light in players at left back.

Thales - Another player signed on a free in the summer. Thales had an excellent season at centre back averaging over 7 and getting 3 goals.

Haile Selassie - Another centre back i signed on a free in the summer and who had a very good season.

Augusto Castro - With the 2 signings above Castro was used less this season as a first team player than in any other of his previous 4 seasons. Still able to perform very well and was still used frequently.

Ronaldo - This season he he became a backup covering all defensive positions and used to cover injuries.

Ndongo Daniel - Def Mid new signing a had a good solid season.

Maicol Morandini - Backup Def Mid who played mainly from the bench this season.

Oliveira - Started the most games of any player this season and he had a very good season.

Rui Borges - Another excellent season from Rui as he performed consistently well and bagged 8 goals and 4 assists.

Samuel Owolabi - Started the season as a backup but ended up being a regular starter by the end of the season.

Bruno - Started the season as a regular starter but became dissapointed by his performances, average rating of 6.68, and by the end of the season he was used mainly from the bench. Has the potential to improve though.

Ruben Oliveira - Backup player used mainly from the bench and started the occasioanl cup game.

Eduardo Esteves - Was glad that we managed to keep hold of Esteves, top scorer last season in the second league with 35 goals in 40 games. This season he was just as good in that despite the step up in class of the opposition he was still our top goalscorer this season with 14 goals.

Ludo Deceuninck - Summer deadline day signing and i'm glad i got him. Became a regular starter and was second top scorer with 11 goals and also got 6 assists.

Goncalo Paciencia - Another new signing who started off well with all his goals coming in the first couple of games. After a while he was mainly used as a sub.

Rosendo Noveleta - Maybe could have used him a bit more in hindsight as when i did use him he was very good.

Edmar - Only used on the bench when one of the other strikers was injured.

Awards

Next Season

Build on the excellent progress this season and maybe gain a spot in the Europa League.

The 100 Club (All Competitions)

100Club2020.jpg

União Micaelense History

MichalenseHistory2020.png

good first season in the Premier League StellaF1. good luck next season

0b5jTSE.png

Raon-l'Etape - season 2014/15

League Table - what a great way to start this career, predicted 18th but we were in promotion places since very early.

French Cup - a good run until we drew Lille.

Transfers - players were needed to fill the squad, and a good sale for our finances.

Squad - the squad is short but the schedule was not very demanding.

Finances - the Lille match, the sale, and the final league prize meant a good financial revenue.

Key Player Profiles:

Maxime Ras - league top scorer, great season.

Anthony Hacquard - he was adapted to the AMC slot and the results were not bad at all.

Julien Turnau - lots of assists and still managed to score some important goals.

Career Overview

Season     Division     Position     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------
2014/15    National     2nd          Promotion

well done kingjericho​ - seems that a mean defence was the foundations that promotion was built on. good luck in Ligue 2

chris11223, great start in Turkey!

CJ'43, keep going, you'll get there! Portugal is looking very strong in 2033!

Paulhartman71, keep plugging away, hopefully things will get easier as your youngsters mature.

duccio, unlucky in the playoffs! Fingers crossed for next season!

danger_mouse, good luck in Spain!

rlipscombe, great first season in Ligue 1, unlucky in the cup final!

StellaF1, likewise, great first season in the top flight!

kingjericho, excellent start! Good luck at a higher level next season.

My latest season is finished (2030/31), update to come soon...

I'll get my 1st season finished tonight and hopefully written up for you tomorrow, an average season but massively in debt,

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim

Season 17 (2030/31) - Bundesliga

New stadium, new beginnings...

Last season signalled an upturn in SVW's fortunes, with strong performances in the league, cup and Europe in our last season at Carl-Benz-Stadion. Still no trophies to show for our efforts, but there's definitely an air of positivity around the club as we begin our adventure at SVW Mannheim Stadium.

Transfers

If it ain't broke... Just two signings - our record signing is 17-year-old Makris Amato, a German-Italian central midfielder signed from Atletico Madrid. He looks quality already, but will spend the season on loan at Hannover. The other signing was one I just couldn't turn down for the price - despite having two decent left wingers, Tiago looks a step up from both, and a potential bargain for just £3.4m.

Joel Ngoy was deemed surplus to requirements, especially when receiving a £6m offer, whilst Tiago's arrival allowed us to let Haris Gloor return to Italy, for a very healthy profit.

German Super Cup

The first game at the new stadium brings a sell-out crowd and our first ever trophy (unless you count a 1983 Second Division title, a 1999 Regional Division SW title and a 2011 Baden-Wurttemburg title!).

An even game in terms of chances, but we held our nerve to grab the win on penalties.

League Table - Graph - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Our best league campaign so far, in terms of points. Bayern were once again runaway winners, but we were fairly comfortable in holding off Schalke to claim 2nd place. The gap to Bayern is down from 19 points to 9, so things are definitely heading in the right direction.

The cup campaign was very similar to last season, with fairly comfortable progression past Neunkirchen, Rostock, Dusseldorf, Kaiserslautern and 1860 Munchen to set up a repeat of last year's final against Bayern. We pushed them closer this year, taking the game to penalties after a subdued 0-0 draw, but this time Bayern came out on top in the shootout.

Champions League

Group Stage - So back to the Champions League after a two year absence. Seeded 2nd, we drew holders and megaclub Chelsea (winners of three of the last four titles), Porto and FC Kobenhavn in the group stage.

This was very much a mixed bag. A poor defeat at home to Porto was followed by an encouraging draw at Stamford Bridge. We then drew 0-0 at home to Kobenhavn but beat them 3-1 away. The fifth game was the crunch match, away in Portugal. We started off dreadfully, and found ourselves 2-0 down after 20 minutes and heading for the Europa League, but the game turned on its head ten minuted later. A straight (yet maybe harsh) red card for Porto's Elias Castillo gave us a glimmer of hope, and we took full advantage. Level by half-time, we ran out 4-2 victors to keep us in the hunt for the knock-out stages. We lost the final game, at home to Chelsea, but Kobenhavn bailed us out, beating Porto to send us through.

First Knockout Round - Next up came French champions PSG. At home first, we put in a near perfect performance. Kept things tight, and took our chances when they came with a goal in each half. In the second leg we got the all important away goal before half-time, and wrapped things up in the second half to progress 4-1 on aggregate.

Quarter-Final - French champions disposed of, now for the other French giant, AS Monaco. Away leg first, we led twice but were pegged back and had to settle for a 2-2 draw. At home, Raul Florescu, on his way to setting a new record for poor discipline, saw red after just half an hour. Monaco had chances to win the tie, but couldn't take them, and we held on to go through on away goals.

Semi-Final - Somehow finding ourselves in the semi-final, we faced a side that we had knocked out last time we were in the Champions League three season ago, AC Milan. On that occasion, we'd won the first leg at home 3-0, then clung on to scrape through on away goals. This time, the first leg went even better. 3-0 up at half-time, we shut out everything Milan threw at us until a red card for Svein Odegaard threatened to ruin things. But things got even better, as we pinched a late goal on the counter to wrap up a 4-0 first leg win. We were dominated in the second leg, but Milan could only score twice, sending us through to the final.

Champions League Final - Somehow, remarkably, we'd made it to the final, where we'd face the holders and team that finished above us in the Group Stage, Chelsea. Could we do what Leverkusen had failed to do 29 years before and become the first side to win the Champions League having never won their domestic title?

Team news - Despite our dreadful disclipine record, we'd avoided having any player suspended for the final. There was just one major absence from the starting line-up, goal-keeper Jose Manuel Suarez missing out with an injury, meaning 20-year-old Jack Cadet would step in. Chelsea were at full strength, with global superstar Marko Petric leading the line in attack.

35 mins - Chance for Chelsea. Petric free in the box, 12 yards out. Shoots wide! Big let off.

44 mins - Chance for SVW Mannheim. Joachim Eyrainer latches on to a long ball and is clean through. Shoots! Saved!

HT - Nil-Nil. Very nervy, one big chance each, not much else.

60 mins - Chance for SVW Mannheim. Eyrainer through again. Shoots! Saved! Poor effort, too easy for the 'keeper.

66 mins - Chance for SVW Mannheim. Carlos, subbed on for Eyrainer, clean through. Takes it past the 'keeper but is forced wide. Shoots! Hits the post!

80 mins - Chance for SVW Mannheim. Mirza Hodzic finds Daniel Bernardo free in the box. Shoots! Saved!

85 mins - Chance for SVW Mannheim. Bernardo is in again! Surely! Shoots wide!

86 mins - Chance for SVW Mannheim. Bernardo finds Carlos, who releases Tiago into the box. Shoots from a tight angle! SCORES! GOAL FOR SVW MANNHEIM!! GOAL FOR SVW MANNHEIM!!

90+1 mins - Chance for Chelsea. Ball drops to Hervé in the box. Shoots! Saved! Straight at Cadet, big, big sigh of relief.

90+2 mins - Chance for SVW Mannheim. Tiago's in again, this to wrap it up. Shoots! Saved!

90+4 mins - Full-time whistle! SVW Mannheim have done it! They've won the Champions League!

It should have been a rout, instead it was heart-attack inducing, but in the end we did it. SIX clear cut chances, none of which we scored, but fortunately Tiago popped one in late on. Heroic performance all-round as we dominated the side that has dominated Europe for the last few years. I'm still not quite sure how we did it. We were lucky to get through the group stage, and were very close to going out to Monaco.

Squad Stats - Tactics

Below are the XI who started the final, with a few other important players included too.

GK - Jack Cadet - Wonderkid that we signed from Dortmund when he was 16 years old.

DCR - Giacomo Rossi - Also signed from Dortmund a long time ago, after a few years on loan. Our longest serving player, and holds the record for most appearances for SVW Mannheim.

DC - YP08 Mirza Hodzic - Home-grown. When he plays, we usually win. Naturally a DM but has excelled as a ball-playing defender at the heart of a back three. Named in the CL Team of the Year.

DCL - Lúcio Nascimento - Signed for just £1.1m last season, but has developed excellently. Leaving in the summer, for £20m, to join Man Utd.

WBR - Mark Fatton - Free signing a couple of years ago when we were short a right-back. Limited, but does a good job.

WBL - Svein Ødegaard - Another free signing, and like Fatton, not really good enough. One to upgrade, but has done well for the team.

CM - Daniel Bernardo - Signed from CFR Cluj 6 years ago and has been the heart of our midfield since. This has been his best season for the club.

CM - Raul Florescu - Destroyer in midfielder, who has now been at the club for 7 years, also signed from CFR Cluj. Didn't take kindly to the new patch and has picked up four red cards this season.

AMR - Almeida - Our record signing five years ago when he joined from Porto for £5m. Scored five in the CL this year.

AML - Tiago - New signing in the summer, for £3.4m from Metalist, and has added an extra spark to the side. Scored the winning goal in the CL final, and named in the CL Team of the Year.

STC - Joachim Eyrainer - Homegrown. Hasn't had his best season, and should have scored at least one in the CL Final, but still does a good job.

GK - José Manuel Suárez - Signed three years ago from Barca for £1.1m, our no.1 keeper, but missed the CL final due to injury.

DC - Pierre Infantes - Signed from Bordeaux four years ago also for £1.1m, was unlucky not to start in the CL final. Solid and dependable, but has probably had his worst season with the club this year.

MC - Mahmoud Khalil - Home-grown. Breaking through into the first-team over the last couple of seasons, and will hopefully be the long-term successor to Bernardo in midfield.

WBR - Markus Niemeyer - Home-grown. Our best WBR, but Fatton's form kept him out of the CL final. Gets booked a lot, but otherwise solid.

WBL/AML - YP11 Estiven Peña - Home-grown. Probably our long-term future at WBL if he can improve the defensive side of his game.

STC - Carlos - Signed from Barca two years ago for £1.6m, probably our best striker on paper but had a fairly poor season. Came on in the CL final though to set up the winning goal.

Youth Candidates

YP17 Reşit Öğüt is tagged, and a nightmare to type.

Finances

Over £100m.

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 |  3. Liga   |   17th    |     -      |      -      |      Survival      | Vllaznim Dautaj (21)    |     2,776
2015/16 |  3. Liga   |   15th    |     -      |      -      |         -          | Fabian Schleusener (12) |     3,445
2016/17 |  3. Liga   |    7th    |     -      |      -      |    Positive GD     | Max Pinter (21)         |     3,566
2017/18 |  3. Liga   |    3rd    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |     Promotion!     | Max Pinter (21)         |     5,261
2018/19 |  2. Liga   |    5th    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |      Survival      | Max Pinter (18)         |     9,451
2019/20 |  2. Liga   |    4th    |  3rd Rnd   |      -      |         -          | YP1 Branimir Maric (15) |     8,362
2020/21 |  2. Liga   |    6th    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |         -          | Heinz Barth (16)        |     8,669
2021/22 |  2. Liga   |    2nd    |  2nd Rnd   |      -      |     Promotion!     | Heinz Barth (14)        |     8,681
2022/23 | Bundesliga |    9th    |     QF     |      -      |     Top half!      | Mario Götze (8)         |    18,050
2023/24 | Bundesliga |    3rd    |  2nd Rnd   |      -      |      CL Qual!      | Stephen Daly (11)       |    16,648
2024/25 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |  2nd Rnd   |  EL 2nd KO  |    CL group qual   | Joachim Eyrainer (9)    |    20,126
2025/26 | Bundesliga |    4th    |  2nd Rnd   |  CL 1st KO  |    CL post-Xmas    | Victor Luis (11)        |    20,567
2026/27 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |  3rd Rnd   |    EL QF    |>500 games in charge| Joachim Eyrainer (15)   |    22,440
2027/28 | Bundesliga |    6th    |  1st Rnd   |    CL QF    |         -          | Victor Luis (12)        |    25,704
2028/29 | Bundesliga |    6th    |  2nd Rnd   |    EL QF    |         -          | Joachim Eyrainer (11)   |    22,633
2029/30 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |   Final    |    EL SF    |         -          | Carlos (9)              |    23,710
2030/31 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |   Final    | CL winners! |    New stadium!    | Joachim Eyrainer (8)    |    32,872

Next season

So I guess that's part II of the challenge complete, now to complete Part I!

Oh, forgot to mention, as you can probably see from some of the screenshots, I'm now managing Holland as well as SVW. Not much to report on that front so far, qualification for Euro 2032 (next summer) is going reasonably smoothly. They've got some great players, but I want them to play with a similar tactic to my Mannheim side, which is taking a while for them to become familiar with.

johnnyquest409 - well done on a great season including the CL win of course! i am sure the league title will follow shortly. you've got some real quality in the team there and the formation seems to work well for you. Love the look of Hodzic - hopefully some of my homegrown players turn out as good. Good luck with Holland too.

As for Le Mans, i am plodding through pre-seaon. Splashing the cash a little more this summer trying to strengthen all areas of the team. On paper, i've signed a few gems and some cracking bargains too. hopefully form over the season will prove that. i will do a pre-season review once we're at the end of August and i have fully shaped the squad.

z82y.png

U.S. Vibonese - 2021/22

Season 8 Review - Serie A

Competitions

Serie A - 4th

Another step up the ladder, and another impressive season as we spent the entire year from matchday 4 onwards in the top 4. We were actually joint top with 2 games to go, where we faced what was effectively a title decider against Juventus. Going down to a 3-0 defeat away from home convincingly ended our admittedly unlikely title hopes, and then a 3-1 defeat at home against AC Milan in the final game of the season sent us all the way down to 4th in a close title race. Nevertheless, 4th place is enough to get us into the Champions League qualifiers next season, which I consider a job well done!

Coppa Italia - Quarter Final (def. by Roma)

Still not our best competition, but at least we made a little bit of impact this season by making it through to the Quarter Finals, where we were handily defeated by a Roma side that was struggling in the league.

Europa League - Group B: 1st | Final (def. by Liverpool)

Great effort in our first foray into Europe, as we made it all the way to the Final before being undone by a quality Liverpool side. Entering all the way back in the 3rd Qualifying Round, we fairly easily defeated Tromso and then RNK Split to make it through to the group stage. Drawn against Monaco, AZ, and Dinamo Zagreb, I thought we had a decent chance of moving on to the knockout rounds. I didn't expect us to thoroughly dominate the group, only dropping points in a 1-1 draw away to Dinamo, who ended up being the other qualifier from the group.

The 1st and 2nd Knockout Rounds gave us some fairly generous ties in the shape of Trabzonspor and Steaua, who we got past 5-3 and 4-2 on aggregate respectively, before facing a tight Quarter Final against Shakhtar. After grabbing a 1-0 win at home, we clung on for a 1-1 draw away to put us through to the Semi-Final, where we'd play compatriots Inter Milan. The players were really up for it, and we battled to a 3-2 win in the home leg, and then even better, a 2-1 win away to reach the Final, 5-3 on aggregate.

In the Final, we faced Liverpool, who really tried to stifle us. Despite our 13 shots to their 6, we just couldn't find a breakthrough, and the game looked to be going to extra time, when, ironically, Italian midfielder Antonio Candreva popped up for Liverpool to score in the 89th minute and break Italian hearts. Nevertheless, a great European outing, a particular highlight of which was the incredible 20 goals that striker Mikhail Stepanov scored in the competition, breaking the Europa League record in the process.

Squad and Transfers

Club Overview | First Team Squad | Transfers

We still won't be moving into our new stadium until next summer, so I didn't go too wild in the off season, especially since I didn't feel like the squad could be vastly improved without some really expensive signings. Nevertheless, £7.7m is still plenty to spend, especially since the squad felt pretty strong already, and with an average age below 25 could only get better.

Player of the Year - Nico Huber (AM RL/ST) - 51 apps (17 goals) - 7.31 average rating: Record signing Nico Huber continued to repay his £8m fee with a great season, contributing 20 assists along with his 17 goals.

International

Uruguay - 3rd in CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying

Just one defeat since I took over, 3-2 in a friendly against Germany, and we comfortably qualified for the 2022 World Cup, coming in 2nd to Brazil and well clear of 3rd placed Peru. With a relatively kind group draw in Qatar - we'll face Egypt, Canada, and Serbia, we're certainly hopeful of progressing to the knockout stages - and after that, who knows?

History

Season     Division        Position    Cup Competitions    Continental Competitions     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Serie C1/C      10th        CILP: 3rd Grp K     N/A                          -
2015/16    Serie C1/C      1st         CILP: 2nd Round     N/A                          Promoted to Serie B
2016/17    Serie B         5th         CI: 3rd Qual Round  N/A                          -
2017/18    Serie B         3rd         CI: 3rd Qual Round  N/A                          Def. in Playoff Final
2018/19    Serie B         1st         CI: 1st Round       N/A                          Promoted to Serie A
2019/20    Serie A         13th        CI: 4th Qual Round  N/A                          -
2020/21    Serie A         7th         CI: 1st Round       N/A                          Europa League qualification
2021/22    Serie A         4th         CI: Quarter         EL: Final                    Champions League qualification

[i]CILP = Coppa Italia Lega Pro
CI = Coppa Italia

CL = Champions League
EL = Europa League[/i]

Hello boys, I'm back!

After 3 consecutive completions, I had an abandoned attempt last year.

I am back again, and back in Germany for the 5th time. This time I am with Großaspach, or SG Sonnenhof Großaspach to give them their full title. They were chosen mainly as I like red, and because the club is only 1 year younger than I am! Oh and they have an all-seater stadium which is nice.

Due to them being still being in their teens as per the official start of the game, they don't have much history. A glorious failure in the cup is their claim to fame. Hopefully I can do a little better than that!

[h=2]History[edit][/h]The club was formed in 1994 through the union of Spvgg Großaspach and FC Sonnenhof Kleinaspach. The sports club has 1,300 members and, in addition to its football side, has departments for bowling, gymnastics, and table tennis.

The footballers have been twice promoted in recent years and reached the Oberliga Baden-Württemberg (IV) in 2005, playing there as a lower table side. In 2008–09, the club achieved its greatest success yet, winning the league and earning the right for promotion to the Regionalliga Süd, where they played until 2012, when the club entered the new Regionalliga Südwest. In 2009 the club qualified for the first time for the first round of theGerman Cup but was knocked out by VfB Stuttgart after a 1–4 loss, leading 1–0 until the 55th minute.[1]

In 2012–13 the club qualified again for the first round of the German Cup but was knocked out by FSV Frankfurt after a 1–2 loss.

Meet the Manager:

Information

Meet the Club:

Information - General

Information - Facilities

Domestic History

iseemonsters1 - good solid season there and despite the last couple of games it's still a great season. Reaching the final of the Europa League is good going too. Good luck next season.

minisav ​- welcome back to the challenge! it's good to have you back here again. Good luck in Germany.

0b5jTSE.png

Raon-l'Etape - season 2015/16

League Table - we were only really safe from relegation towards the final 8 matches, it was a hard season despite the mid-table finish.

French Cup - Ligue 1 opposition was too much for us.

League Cup - a disappointing defeat in the beginning of the season.

Transfers - we had to strengthen the squad to be able to compete at this level.

Squad - a lot of players will leave as they don't have the required quality.

Finances - it was a season of profit in every month.

Key Player Profiles:

Anthony Hacquard - our most consistent player, won most assists of the league award.

Farez Brahmia - a good tally of goals and assists, I believe he can do even better next season.

Chris Makiese - he only arrived in December but was decisive in our fight for survival and was the team's top scorer.

Career Overview

2015/16    Ligue 2      11th

good solid first season in Ligue 2 there kingjericho. 11th is a good finish considering you were promoted. Makiese certainly seems to have made an impact upon signing. good luck next season.

Makiese was key to our second half of the season. I don't know if we would have survived without him, because our other strikers were not scoring at all.

As injuries have plagued as again this season it looks like we should just be able to avoid the drop again

a762222663fd21308f4c869bcdf02df2.png

0b5jTSE.png

Raon-l'Etape - season 2016/17

League Table - a season that was not much better than the previous one. Too many losses that should have been draws and a poor attacking record.

French Cup - a good run until the inevitable loss to a bigger club.

League Cup - Rennes again. I think they knocked us out too last season.

Transfers - the players brought in added quality to the squad; the yougsters sold may be profitable in the future with their 50% of future sale clauses.

Squad - the overall quality is very satisfying but as always we will be active in the summer.

Finances - the monthly income is starting to be short to cover the wages but the balance is still positive.

Key Player Profiles:

Anthony Hacquard - his rating doesn't match his performances. He deserves at least one more season.

Chris Makiese - he didn't perform as well as I expected but yet he was the team's top scorer and assister.

Youssef Essaïdi - he had a great season until he asked to leave for a bigger club, which led him to the bench for the remaining matches.

Career Overview

2016/17    Ligue 2      9th

ag6cMSl.png

Aliados Futebol Clube de Lordelo 2033/34

Transfers / Fixtures / Squad / Finances / Manager profile

Liga ZON Sagres: Table (var)

We did our best performance in portuguese league so far and that wasn't enough to win the title. 2nd place since match 16, only lost twice against Académica (14th) and Sporting (3rd) but Porto ended up winning the title. I was named "manager of the year" once again.

Taça de Portugal:

Disappointing campaign, losing to Arouca in 3rd round.

Taça da Liga:

A little bit lucky passing through group stage to end up winning the final against Guimarães.

UEFA Champions League: Group G / Tree

First in group stage with 4 wins and 2 draws, we lost to Barcelona in 1st knockout round.

This year was really disapointing. We just won the league cup, even though we only lost 5 games the whole season...

We sold Pepe Seck to Barça for a record fee of 30 milion but I think this year the squad was stronger. At the end of the season, 14 of our players were called to play in FIFA World Cup finals and 3 for the U21 Euro.

Key players: Gerard van Hoof, great midfielder. He's in end of contract with Chelsea, I'll probably sign him. Marc, 24 goals and 13 assists, not bad. Mario Giocoechea, one of the most influent players in his first season in Portugal. Satoshi Hirama, asian player of the year once again, 27 goals, Aliados top goalscorer.

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 95%, align: center]

[TR][TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Champions League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Europa League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Achievement[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2014/15[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional[/TD]

[TD=]6th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]4th in Promotion Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional Winners[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]19th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]13th[/TD]

[TD=]4th Round[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Most Improved Team[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2021/22[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Promotion[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2022/23[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2023/24[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]11th[/TD]

[TD=]Semi-finals[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2024/25[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2025/26[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Europa League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2026/27[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]2nd Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Runners-up[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2027/28[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Quarter-finals[/TD]

[TD]Champions League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]3rd[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2029/30[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2030/31[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2031/32[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Winners, UEFA Super Cup Runners-up[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2032/33[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]4th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Semi-finals[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Supertaça Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2033/34[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[/TABLE]

PaulHartman71 you really grinded that out! Good luck next season. Be alert for the french free agents, there is a lot of quality there.

CJ'43 you have a gigantic squad, do you really need all those players to get through the season? Even the big european teams usually have squads of around 27 players, and then the youth squad for emergencies. I was wondering if you couldn't spend your wages in fewer players, but with higher quality, therefore higher wages.

Another thing and don't get me wrong your career has been fantastic, but have you used the same tactic since the beginning? Because by now you had time to build a good squad, and I'm sure you scout for the best players, so I would say that you shouldn't be dropping so many points against non top-3 teams.

KUTGW :thup:

kingjericho, I was planning a season with 28 men. On that ss there's some U19 players. I couldn't sell some of them like Arrondel and Iker, even for free because they have such high wages and no one wants them. We did our best performance in LZS so far even tough we drawn to many times... The "top-3 teams" right now is Porto, Belenenses and Aliados (at least teams with higher rep). Cheers.

I am ALIVE! Sorry Guys, really lost track of this thread this season, couldn't get connected to any team, and was ridiculously busy from Nov til Feb, currently playing a career game over in those forums, but I will sit down at some point this week and read the thread start to finish, and hopefully be able to update the opening threads properly.

As a side note, can anyone tell me if Promotion into the bottom of the Scottish Pyramid is working properly yet?

I am ALIVE! Sorry Guys, really lost track of this thread this season, couldn't get connected to any team, and was ridiculously busy from Nov til Feb, currently playing a career game over in those forums, but I will sit down at some point this week and read the thread start to finish, and hopefully be able to update the opening threads properly.

As a side note, can anyone tell me if Promotion into the bottom of the Scottish Pyramid is working properly yet?

i had noticed you had abandoned us for the career forum... Shame on you!! ;) No idea with regards to the Scottish leagues personally.

Well just lost 2 promising players to big teams. Got myself a cool million out of it though.

Can't get my best player to sign a new contract though and it's due to expire in the summer. I reckon I'm going to cash in. 9 goals and 6 assists in 21 games from the wing has been very helpful though and I could do with him for a maiden season promotion push. Currently 2nd, 3 points behind first.

Decisions, decisions!

tough one that minisav. how much do you think you could get for him if you sold him now?

i want to start this challenge but i have a few question.

1.how i get the staff members?

2. scouting - can i sign the suggested players from my scout or only the players suggested from the staff / the agents ?

regards

gb2003

He eventually signed a new contract but I forgot I hadn't taken him off the transfer list and we got a big bid! Got myself a million plus the 50% of the next sale. Happy days!

Extended some contracts and bought a good replacement player in suggested to me by my new scout, Jens Jeremies!

Should be alright going forward. Definitely am financially. Not particularly sure if we're ready to go up anyway.

i want to start this challenge but i have a few question.

1.how i get the staff members?

2. scouting - can i sign the suggested players from my scout or only the players suggested from the staff / the agents ?

regards

gb2003

Welcome aboard.

Staff you can sign however you like.

Players can be signed from anywhere so long as they are within your Scouting Range. :D

Rot-Weiss Essen

Thanks for the answer!

Let's start the challenge! My Challenge Country is Germany.

The wage budget is 3 Mio with 2,3 Mio used and no transfer budget. After a few extended contracts the budget reached his maximum.

One of the promoted teams is Werder Bremen II, so I have only the choice between SV Babelsberg and Rot-Weiss Essen.

Babelsberg has no history so i select Rot-Weiss Essen. The "Deutsche Meister" from 1955 is the right choice and their have the same fierce rival like my favourite club Borussia Dortmund. PERFECT!

League

Domestic Leagues History

Club

Overview

Information

Squad

Squad

Manager

Information

after finish the first half of the season i reply again!

regards

gb2003

Rot-Weiss Essen

So the first half of the season is over and my team is incredible.

Media Prediction 19. ... 2. with only 13 goals concerned.

After the first game and defeat against Bielefeld i thought it gonna be a hard season to avoid the relegation because i had no chance in the first game.

But my team won in the second game against Werder Bremen II 7-1 and had only 3 defeats, 2 against the relegated teams (Ingolstadt & Bielefeld) and one against RB Leipzig after a 2-1 lead.

League

Overview

League Table

Matches

Squad

Transfer History

Kevin Grunde

Kevin Pires-Rodrigues

Stats

Goalgetter

Most Assists

Average Rating

What a amazing run so far but i think it would be to early to get promote. My team need a further year but if i'm at the end on a promotion place so i'm not upset.

I'm a little bit unsure if my defense is good enough for the 2.Bundesliga but i must first finish the season :).

If you have any questions or requests feel free to ask.

regards

gb2003

Rot-Weiss Essen 2014 / 2015

The season is over and i was so close to get promote!

Until the 35th match i was 1st and had only 1 defeat in the second half of the season.

After 2 draws i was 2nd and for the last match i need only a win to secure the 2nd place but my team get his SECOND lost against the 15th so i finish the season on the 3th place. such a good season with only 5 defeats and i'm 3th... too many draws at the end cost me a better position.

In the playoffs my opponent was vfl bochum. the first game i reach away a draw so i had the big opportunity at home to get promote but sadly my goalie make his FIRST BIG mistake in the 85th min. He couldn't collect the ball after a weak freekick and the ball goes between his legs.....what a pity.

Nevertheless here are some screens :).

League

PLAYOFFS

Bochum - RW Essen

RW Essen - Bochum

Overview

League Table

Graph

Matches

Club

Overview

Information

Squad

Squad

Transfers

Christoph Sauter - Until his injury he was my best right Winger.

Daniel Schwabke - My 1st Goalie. 18 clean sheets... Gustafsson has better Attributes but why should i change the gk when he was brilliant until the last game!

Kevin Grund - my best left winger but in the second half of the season he had only 2 assists and 1 goal, he played the first 19th matches so brillant. i don't know why he hadn't such an average form in the second leg. i hope next season he can play like before :).

Kevin Pires-Rodrigues - My playmaker. He was brillant with 16 assists. hope he can score a few goals next season :D.

Benedikt Koep - My best Striker with 21 Scorerpoints ( 14 Goals, 7 Assists) but he was unconstant. sometimes he could win a game with his impact and sometimes you had only 10 players because he was invisible.

Stats

Records

Goalgetter

Most Assists

Average Rating

Manager

Information

I'm not upset but when you are 1st until the 35th match you want the promotion!

If you want some more screens feel free to ask :).

so i'm ready to begin the next season. i need a better striker, a right winger and good solid central back.

regards

gb2003

[size=3][b][u]Achievements[/u][/b][/size]

[b]Club[/b]
League
2014/2015 (Media:19th) - 3th 3.Liga - Playoffs
Cup
2014/2015 - NA
[b]Manager[/b]
2014/2015 - 3th Manager of the Year (3.Liga)

0b5jTSE.png

Raon-l'Etape - season 2017/18

League Table - a good, yet inconsistent season, that could have ended in promotion had we won the final fixture.

French Cup - missing penaties and losing to lower division teams are the things that annoy me the most in this game.

League Cup - a good display that was ended by the shootout lottery.

Transfers - signing a new striker and selling another was the main focus of our acitivity, plus some free agents.

Squad - injuries were a constant throughout the season, and the quality of some players declined as a result.

Finances - not looking good. We will be less active in the transfer market next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Zdravko Mezga - our most expensive signing ever, but he was worth every cent. League top scorer.

Amine Harit - a good season and the confirmation of an important player for us.

Yovani Umaña - he has been a rotation player but this season he took the first team spot.

Career Overview

2017/18    Ligue 2      4th

[TABLE=align: center, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8, align: center]

ragusa_splash_small.gif~original

Associazione Sportiva Ragusa Calcio

Season Seven - 20/21 - Serie B

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]

Season

Fixtures | League Table | Graph

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30][/TD]

<!--Season XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Serie B - 1st (Predicted 4th)

We did it! After an early season confusion Iblei took the lead in Serie B and kept the position until the end.

Coppa Italia - Quarter Final

The high points in the cup were wins against Serie A teams Bologna and Parma. In the Quarter Final my team managed a very tolerable result in form of 0 - 1 loss away against Juventus after being completely dominated by the Torinesi.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Team

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Team XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Luca Lezzerini - GK

Good enough to play in Serie A.

Gioacchino Alfieri - DM

This time Alfieri was a first team regular. He definitely seems very promising.

Leonardo Capezzi - MC

Very dependable midfielder. Will make a return to Serie A after previously playing 16 games in Viola shirt back in 2013-14.

Fernando Ambrosi - MC

Skillful young midfielder who is on loan from Juventus. I will try to extend his stay at Iblei.

Emanuele Rovini - AMC

Assists, assists and assists. 27 of them in the league.

Giacomo Tudisco - ST

Monachello was the best goalscorer this season, but on the whole Tudisco was better - 20 league goals and 16 assists.

Orazio Calabrò - ST

Graduate from Ragusa youth system. My assistant rates his potential high, but he definitely has a lot to improve. At the moment his technical skills, finishing included, are basically woeful.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Club

Facilities | Finances[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Club XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Training facilities will be upgraded once again, but the most important thing is that Ragusa will build a new stadium. It will have an initial capacity of 18250, which should mean an expansion cap of 36500 seats. Perhaps its realistic in a city of 70000 and province of 300000 inhabitants.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Progress XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Progress

[TABLE=class: none, align: center, width: 1000]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Serie[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Coppa Italia[/TD]]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]20/21[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]B[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]1st[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]Quarter Final[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]Promotion, Serie B Championship[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]19/20[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]3rd[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]18/19[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]6th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]1st Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]17/18[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]15th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]3rd Qualifying Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]16/17[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]12th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]2nd Qualifying Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]15/16[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]C/C[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]Promotion[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]14/15[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Season Eight - 21/22 - Serie A

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Season

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Season XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Serie A - 10th (Predicted 15th)

Surprisingly Ragusa were not predicted to relegate from Serie A - perhaps the recent decent success in Coppa Italia as well as the Serie B win had increased reputation enough to not be considered extreme minnows in the top division. Nevertheless the season still went better than expected, and we finished 10th at the bottom of the top half of the table - 10 points from qualifying for Europe and 10 points from relegation as well.

For the 3rd season in a row Iblei reached the Quarter Final in the coppa. After winning Inter in the 1st Rnd, the defeat against Udinese was a some sort of disappointment, though it must be said that Udinese have been really good in the past few years.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Team XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Bartolomeo Patrizi - DR

Gets good amount of minutes and keeps improving his attributes little by little. Should still have unfulfilled potential.

Gioacchino Alfieri - DM

Talented youngster.

Fernando Ambrosi - MC

Ambrosi will be moving to Ragusa on a permanent deal for the next season on a big money transfer. One of the few seemingly good young Italian midfielders willing to consider a move to Iblei shirt.

Mauro Bollino - AMC

I signed Bollino partly because he is from Sicily, but he proved to be very adequate despite not getting much play time at his previous club Udinese.

Giacomo Tudisco - ST

Tudisco can score! 20 league goals means he was the 3rd best goal scorer in Serie A.

Camillo Guarino - ST

Another over 10 goal season by the Catanese striker. He will join Ragusa on a permanent contract.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Club XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Over £36M in the bank and money keeps flowing in. Training facilities are being improved for the umpteenth time, and the move to the brand new stadium is very close. The club should therefore soon get a new reputation boost.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Progress XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]21/22[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]A[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]10th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]Serie A Best Cub of the Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

great season duccio, keep going like that and you'll be in europe soon!

I remain optimistic, though the current season was not quite as good as the previous one. I will post a report shortly...

[TR]

Season Nine - 22/23 - Serie A

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Season

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Serie A - 15th (Predicted 14th)

In the light of results this season was rather similar to the previous one. Having almost the same amount of points at the end of the season still meant a drop from the 10th place to the 15th. We were never in danger of relegation, but of course I would rather think about qualifying for Europe than settle for lower mid table positions.

Another quarter Final for Iblei. My team managed to defeat strong Napoli side away in the 1st Rnd, but in the Quarter Final Juventus deservedly played Ragusa off the park in Turin in a 0 - 4 deafeat for the Sicilians.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Ezio Cortinovis - DC

New central defender Cortinovis arrived on a free transfer from Sunderland after originally moving to North Eastern England from lower league club MapelloBonate. Strong, tall and hard tackling.

Alessandro Paglia - DL

Paglia has been on loan at Ragusa for a few seasons, and will now move permanently to Sicily on free transfer.

Gioacchino Alfieri - MC

Very strong midfielder.

Fernando Ambrosi - MC

I bought Ambrosi for £20M+ from Juventus, but he was sidelined for a combined 4 months (torn hamstring and back strain) and therefore was unable to leave a particularly memorable impression.

Corrado Ruggieri - MC

17 year old midfielder I brought in from Pescara. Seems promising, and should be well equipped to surprise opponents with unexpected moves with his very high flair.

Giacomo Tudisco - ST

20 league goals and 18 assists as well.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Iblei moved to the new stadium prior to the beginning of the season, but now my team plays temporarily in Catania, because the new stadium is being massively expanded. Additionally yet again new improvements to the training facilities will be finished in a few months.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]22/23[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]21/22[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]10th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]Serie A Best Cub of the Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Rot-Weiss Essen 2015 / 2016

My wage budget is now 3,8 mio, 500k more then last year. I could sign a right winger, a striker and a solid defender. Also i release/sell two highroller :), so i could save over 500k in the wage budget.

But it was not our season. After the first half of the season i was only 12th. I struggle with a lot of injuries. Seven of my players had at the begin of the season a major injury. Also my new striker could play only 23 Games in the season. At the end i was 6th but far away from the playoffs/promotion.

Next year i want the promotion because financial i'm at my limit. the players want more money and i'm getting in debt since two years. maybe i must sell some hot prospects to get in a better financial position but we'll see :).

League

Overview

League Table

Graph

Matches Part 1

Matches Part 2

Cup

1st Round RW Essen vs VfL Wolfsburg

Club

Overview

Information

Squad

Squad

Transfers

Newcomer of the Season - Hans Hoins - He is my new hot prospect. After the major injury problems at the begin of the season he must play a lot of games. he played so well that he had at the end 29 startings.

Best Scorer - Fode Koita - He is my new striker and a suggest from my scout. he had at the begin a few injury problems so he has only 24 startings with 16 goals and 5 assists. i think he can even get better and he could be the key factor for a promotion next year.

Best Player - Kevin Pires-Rodrigues - He has a incredible season with many important goals for me. He is my key player!

Christopher Sauter - another good season from my right Winger. Played in all the games very well and was a key factor for the good second half of the season

Ali M'Madi - Another suggest from my scout. My new winger.He was a good bargain with 11 assists and 6 goals.

Stats

Records

Goalgetter

Most Assists

Average Rating

Manager

Information

If you want some more screens feel free to ask.

regards

gb2003

[size=3][b][u]Achievements[/u][/b][/size]

[b]Club[/b]
League
2014/2015 (Media:19th) - 3th 3.Liga - Playoffs
2015/2016 (Media:13th) - 6th 3.Liga -
Cup
2014/2015 - NA
2015/2016 - 1st Round 
[b]Manager[/b]
2014/2015 - 3th Manager of the Year (3.Liga)
2015/2016 - 

0b5jTSE.png

Raon-l'Etape - season 2018/19

League Table - we were one of just two teams to stay below ten defeats but that and the best scoring record wasn't enough to guarantee a promotion place.

French Cup - a poor performance that could have ended even earlier.

League Cup - we had a good performance but Bordeaux were too much for us.

Transfers - our financial restrictions meant we had to sell to make profit, and look for loans to save wages.

Squad - we need to improve the squad and there are good options but the money is very tight at the moment.

Finances - we'll have to continue selling to keep the finances stable.

Key Player Profiles:

Amine Harit - a great season for the player of the year award winner.

Zdravko Mezga - he had a good season but not as good as the previous one. He may be leaving as his sale value would be a huge boost for our finances.

Michel Gerardin - the youth product justified his place in the starting lineup.

Career Overview

2017/18    Ligue 2      4th
2018/19    Ligue 2      5th